Mission 02: Homeward [One Man Army]

Your knowledge of stealth operations allows you to recover some. The thunderous racket has already happened, but you are prepared to deal quickly with any entity that comes to investigate.

You proceed down the corridor carefully, relying less upon stealth and more upon tactics, but your path is unimpeded.

Aftee a few minutes you arrive at a branch in the path that is not on your map. It is partially obscured by a mess of rotting boards and decaying vin

Tarlocke contemplated his choices. Coming to the conclusion that if it strays from the map it is most likely worthy of investigation, he decided to follow the unmarked path.

Onve you clear away enough rot and filth to pass through the unmarked passage you see this symbol on the wall:

File:Nurgle_Symbol.png

OOC- Obviously my link didnt work. Its the symbol of Nurgle.

Tarlocke processed this information. "What wouldn't I have done for a pict recorder right now..." he mused to himself, before proceeding further down into the passage.

The tunnel is old in appearance, stones worn from time and laced with cracks and small fractures. It is short, opening quickly into a large, almost circular chamber that is lit dimly by only 4 lights, spaced evenly around the perimeter of the room.

In the centre of the chamber, which is approximately 6 meters in diameter is a mound of rotting things -- you can make out myriad refuse including vegetation and animal remains, and more than a few human bodies, but all of them are too old to have vanished during the last few weeks. Flies buzz over the whole mound, fat and bloated with the rot. On a bent pole protruding from the middle of the pile Nurgle's icon is repeated.

There are no other exits to this room and you realize that the tactically sound thing to do would be to corner you in here and use superior firepower to add your rotting corpse to the pile already devoted to the Lord of Flies...

As if on cue, coming from behind you there is a voice. "Welcome to my sanctuary, Marine. I would entertain, but I have business to attend in the sanctuary above. Arbites, finish him."

OOC- you may turn around and ready a weapon/put away the map as a free action. Then roll initiative. If there is anything you would like to do in the Nurgle Shrine, so lone as it is not too long an action, it can be done.

Tarlocke quickly secreted the map away, then whirled around, mag-locked power sword jumping to his hand. "Ambushing me here will not save you, heretics! I will expose your crimes!"

All four Arbites stand before you, two in the front and two behind. The two in the front are wearing man-size power armour while the teo in the back have carapace armour on.

In the front, the one on your left is wielding a ancient looking lasgun that is oversize and hooked up to a back power supply. The one on the left holds a power sword.

The rear two have less formidable weapons. The one on the left holds a power cudgel and the one on the right holds a similar gun as his counterpart un the front, except much newer looking.

The gun wielder in the back squeezes off a shot, but misses.

OOC- your action

Tarlocke re-evaluated the situation, quickly replacing his power sword with his bolter. He then lifted the bolter, took aim, and attempted to sabotage the ancient lasgun's power supply with a shot for the man's backpack.

[dice]1607[/dice]

[dice]1608[/dice]

OOC- Whoa.

IC- Your shot flies true, the bolter shell detonating in the top of the weapons power supply. It sparks for a second, then in a brilliant display of light, shorts out completely, and the gun stops humming. THe man retreats a bit and shrugs off the guns power pack, dropping the gun.

The man wielding the cudgel pushes past his sword-toting ally and rushes you, swinging his sparking cudgel in a furious, though poorly timed arc. Right behind him comes the man with the power sword, thrusting low and missing your hulking form.

OOC- so the humans totally stank this round. Roll initiative and prepare to hack traitors to bits!

Letting the two humans flail about, Tarlocke allowed his bolter to return to its mag-lock, then summoned his power sword to his hand, completing the motion with a carefully aimed swing for the fellow power swordsman.

(Aim + Standard Attack)

[dice]1630[/dice]

[dice]1631[/dice]

[dice]1632[/dice]

The nurgle devotee tries to parry but only succeeds in deflecting the blow into his own leg.

Driven by your prodigious strength, the power sword goes deep and the false Arbite goes to the ground. He's alive, but in obvious agony and his leg looks next to useless.

The hellgun toting Arbite takes a shot at the opening and misses.

Cudgel Arbite connects a blow to your left arm, but even though you feel the blow through your armour, it doesnt hurt.

The final Arbite, who had been disarmed, dashes in and scoops up the dropped power sword.

OOC- Initiative time!

Scooping up the power sword, the other power armoured Arbite launched a desperate and clumsy attack, which narrowly misses your left leg.

Your action.

Tarlocke answered with a contemptuous, but nonetheless carefully aimed retaliatory strike.

( Aim + Standard )

[dice]1634[/dice]

After your attack the cudgel arbite attacks, smashing his weapon into the side of your head with tremendous force (5 damage, parry or dodge with 3 DoS to negate).

The Arbite with the gun attempts to shoot you, but misses, unsurprisingly.

The man with the leg wound is unconscious.

OOC- you may choose to attempt to negate damage. After that roll initiative.

Shocker.

Tarlocke answered by turning to the cudgel-wielding arbitrator and swing his sword.

( Aim + Standard )

[dice]1638[/dice]

OOC- ouch. That Aim isn't working so well. On the flip side I did the math for damage really really wrong. It was only 1 point of damage because I counted his AP twice. I will pay more attention in future rounds.

IC- The gunner took aim for his next shot, but evidently being his devotion to Nurgle had affected his eyesight as another shot completely missed his target, even at this close range.

This time though the Arbite with the power sword had his footing, landing a powerful slash on your right shoulder, scoring through the plasteel armour and drawing blood (6 damage; total 7).

The shocker, thrown off by your attack, misses.

OOC- Parry or dodge, again with 3 DoS to negate the 6 damage. I checked the math twice and that number is accurate. After that, initiative.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back