Mission 02: Homeward [One Man Army]

The plaguebearer attacks! The chop hits your torso, grazing you (1 damage).

OOC- Your action. Toughness test with a reroll If you fail.

Toughness Test!

[dice]1856[/dice]

[dice]1857[/dice] 
After surviving the hit (hopefully), Tarlocke swung his sword with a vengeance.

(Standard Attack + Aim)

[dice]1858[/dice]

Tarlocke swung his sword AGAIN! Surely the Emperor would be with him this time.

(Standard Attack + Aim)

[dice]1862[/dice]

[dice]1863[/dice] 
OOC: Screw it.

OOC-And after all that Warp Instability bites him in the ass.

IC- Despite your missed attack, the daemon is sucked back into the warp in the midst of a failed attack.

The situation suddenly resolved, you hear gunfire and screaming outside the defiled cathedral.

Tarlocke straightened himself, listening to the screams. Then, he shook into motion and set a course out of the cathedral, power sword still in hand.

The scene outside the cathedral is utter bedlam - in the short time you spent in the tunnels, catacombs, and cathedral what was once a normal Imperial city has become something filled with terrified people running to and fro with no sense of order. After a moment you determine the cause: you see a pocket of individuals, six in all, bear down another, dragging him to the ground. They appear to be biting him. And Enforcer appears quickly after that, and blasts a lasgun into the group, but it only serves to draw their attention to him. They don't react at all to the hits. The people drag the Enforcer down too.

The more you look around, the more you realize that there are more than just six of these people. There appear to be dozens of them scattered around...

Tarlocke traded his power sword for his bolter. Then, he stepped forth into clear view on the cathedral steps, scanning the city streets in hopes of finding support. "Your leader is destroyed, wretches! Surrender to your destruction!" he bellowed.

The groups of biting people hear you, but the only indication they give of it is that you now have their attention. Then you realize two things:

1) those of the 'biting people' that you can see are visibly rotting, and many should be dead, given the extent of injury on their bodies

2) the man and the Enforcer you saw get taken down earlier get up, pus already oozing from injuries.

You realize despite the attacks there are no bodies. And the number if attackers is steadily growing. If you cant protect the unharmed imperial citizens, the city may soon be dead.

Tarlocke turned on the Vox. "Kharos! Do you hear me? This city is in danger - does your ship have the capability to contain this plague?"

"I hear you Lord Tarlocke! I can deploy soldiers and gun cutters in the cities defense, but it will take time. Can you gather survivors and organize the cities enforcers? As soon as I am able I will deliver soldiers and cutters to your location! "

"You must be fast; if this plague spreads too far, there is no saving this city - you must be prepared for that. You must be prepared that we may be forced to burn it to the ground," Tarlocke said. "Emperor protect you," he finished. Moving out into the street, he pulled out his auspex, attempting to find any trace of the resistance.

Before your vox communication ends, Kharos says, "our auspex indicates a large number if life signs gathered near the governor's mansion and the Enforcers headquarters. Perhaps try there! May the Emperor guide your blade!"

OOC- are you going at all out of your way for survivors? And if you encounter survivors along the route what do you plan to do with them?

OOC- one more question- are you being direct (kicking doors down and searching buildings) or indirect (like cranking your external vox on full and yelling to draw people out)?

OOC- the current enemies are pretty weak. Over the course of this next narrative, any groups that are only a few in number get destroyed. Once they form legitimate hordes, however, we will resort to dice.

IC- You work through the city with the Enforcer compound as your ultimate goal, but at the same time you are keenly aware of the survivors and you understand that you might be their only hope to escape the night. You discover quickly that there is no reasoning with the infected and resolve to kill them quickly and cleanly if you can. You begin your trek through the city, bellowing through your vox until you see movement. When it is one of the infected, a quick shot disables it, or a chop from your power sword. When it is one who is not infected, you direct them to make haste to the Enforcer compound.

In this manner you make steady progress, though the group of infected that are drawn to your calls grows ever louder. Before long you must run, not out of fear of the infected, as you are reasonably certain they cannot hurt you, but to push your herd of survivors along, ahead of the infected.

Finally the compound is within sight. You call ahead, warning them to open the gates and let the survivors in. You have lost count of how many there are. You are the last one to enter the compound.

The compound is walled, and along the walls are Enforcers. There are hundreds of people crammed into the compound, but there are thousands more survivors out there. You have done some, and you only hope it is enough. One of the Enforcers along the wall shouts out, "There is a huge crown coming! Hundreds of the infected!"

You only have a few minutes to organize the defense and hope that Kharos gets to you in time. What do you do?

"Kharos, how far out are you?" Tarlocke demanded over the Vox. Then, he turned to the mass, and cranked his Vox to max.

"Find any excess weapons and armour - arm any man and woman who will fight by your side! Remember: Fire will burn their flesh!"

"Now man the walls - bombard them with volleys of las fire and flamers' tongues! Form a line - and hold it!"

He turned to the survivors.

"People of Cariss! The enemy of Mankind besets your city! They have claimed your streets, and overrun your homes! Now, the enemy comes to us and they are sure to outnumber us! But if we do not stop them here, then they will spread across this world unchecked! Though my strength is formidable, I cannot turn this tide by my own! I ask of you, brave Men of Cariss: Stand with me! Stand with your brothers and sisters! Fight! For if you do not, this world will surely fall to rot, and then it will burn! Look to your families - your fathers, mothers, your brothers and sisters, your children - they will all suffer --- unless we hold them back!"

Then he turned back to the Enforcers, and addressed them once more.

"Enforcers! Brave protectors! You stand now before your most gruelling challenge and this city looks to you to defend it! Do not despair - though the enemy outnumbers us, we have the fire of Mankind in our hearts! Theirs is long since extinguished - and fire is our greatest weapon against them!"

For emphasis, Tarlocke drew his Astartes flamer and held it high over his head.

OOC - Any tests you want me to make?

I have a passion for dramatic speeches.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back