• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Mad House.

Nick's expression darkened somewhat, in spite of his effort to maintain a neutral look. The boy gave a long sigh through his nose. Stress, too much stress. He just didn't want to think about any of that. Most people would be upset hearing what Jodie had just said, but he wasn't so kind. What, was fishing out pity a hobby here? Of course, she said it casually, but... A lot of people didn't understand him. It hadn't been until high school that he had realized the degree to which the girls at school both loved and hated him. Either way, there had been one too many people in the past who had told him that he should be grateful and how much of a brat he was.

She wouldn't understand. This girl had no idea what it was like.

"Sorry." He wasn't sorry "I just don't wanna' talk about it."

Aaron woke up and looked around him. ''I don't remember going to bed'' he said to himself when he got up out of his bed. Looking at his desk he didn't saw a note, or his backpack. Realizing he lost his backpack he searched his whole room for it. After a while he realised his backpack wasn't there so he went downstairs. The second he saw his backpack he sprinted towards it and putted it on. He didn't want to go anywhere, it was just to make sure he wouldn't lose it again.

He walked to the kitchen to grab some food and stopped in the door frame when he saw that there where other people. ''Hey'' he said to the people with a small wave.

"Whatever." He acted like he was different; but in here, they were all equals. She threw the apple core at Isadore and returned to her conversation with Nick. "So how do you like it here?" She laughed a little.

Isadore heard Aaron's voice. "Hey Ronnie-" Something hit his chest as he turned around. He looked down at the floor. An apple core? Chuckling at the irony of Jodie's gesture, Isadore bent down and paused, almost considering throwing the scrap back at Jodie. Nah. I better not start a food fight, that'd be rather immature. He chucked the apple core into the garbage can and turned back to the microwave. 5 seconds left.

Nick looked over his shoulder at the new arrival. Instantly, his eyes lit up with amusement and a twisted grin curled the corner of his mouth. "Good morning, Sleeping Beauty!" he laughed jovially. This kid probably had no idea what he had done.

Shaking his head, he turned back to Jodie when she asked the next question. I hate it here, but I probably shouldn't start whining now after all of that, should I? "It's alright. Can't really complain." It was too soon for him to determine if it was better or worse than his last home.

"Hah," She snorted, "I get the impression you're very open minded." she leaned forward, waiting for him to spark conversation this time around. She'd done enough work already.

Aaron tilted his head at both these comments. Ronnie? Okay that's just a weird nickname.. It's better than food though. But Sleeping Beauty?

He never met this kid! And why Sleeping Beauty? He's not a girl. Debating with himself he should ask or not he decided to imply that he's asking.

''Euhm.. what?'' he asked carefully with a soft voice. Maybe he didn't hear it and it won't be embarrassing. But that was just wishful thinking.

Open minded? Him? He couldn't help but look confused. Did it really seem like that? Nick had realized about a year ago how precisely close minded he was. "What makes you say that?" He turned again to the boy who was still lingering in the doorway. With a bemused grin and a dismissive wave, he chimed, "Nothing, Princess. Don't worry that pretty little head of yours."

Isadore flipped the toast a few more times, making sure to let the paper towels absorb the excess grease. Definitely using less vegetable oil next time. He walked over to the kitchen counter and slid the plate back to Nick. "You're much more trusting than you think, that's why." Isadore walked back to his seat and sat down, glancing from Jodie, to Nick, and then Aaron before taking a sip of orange juice.

"You stole the words right out of my mouth." She kicked Isadore from under the table and then grimaced a her injured knee throbbed. "Oh, by the way, I beat the crap out of the head cheerleader today so that was fun." She rubbed her knee.

Aaron blinked at the comment Nick made and decided to just do that. He walked to the fruit bowl to grab an apple and took a bite out of it. Than he walked to the kitchen table and placed the apple on the table. He sat down on the chair and placed his backpack in his lap. Grabbing the N64* out of it and placing his backpack on the ground. He turned it on and just played where he left off.

*I know it's portable but writing portable N64 is stupid.

Ava was curled up on an armchair in the library/study room, a book that held the anthology of Edgar Allan Poe keeping her company. She was reading The Raven, on the line that read, "Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams..." She let out a sigh, closing the book. That line had lightly plucked one of her heartstrings, words that she could apply to her own life, though the poem was completely about another matter.

She lifted her head and looked out the window, seeing that the sky had darkened much since she had sat there all day and it was now evening. It would be dinner soon, though she didn't have the appetite, but she wasn't sure if had passed though. She would wait a little while longer so she could venture up to her room when she was sure everyone was tucked away in their beds so she needn't bump into anyone. Especially a specific person, and she didn't want to explain to him what decision she had come to, the one she had been thinking about all day.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mick would finally wake up from his sleep... for some reason he feels a little scared. So, he gets up, remembering which direction to go to get to the door, and he feels his way there. It is still open. He knows because he found the edge of it with his face. At least he was going snail-pace. He barely hit it hard enough to injure himself or make to much noise. He navigate around it and out of raja's room. He feels his way down the hall, and slows when he remembers there had been stairs. He not taps the floor ahead of him, searching for any sudden drop-offs. He does find them, and he descends them slowly~

Isadore grinned as he felt Jodie kick him from under the table. It that it? He chuckled into his glass. "Well, the cheerleaders this year must be a pretty wimpy bunch, then." Looking over to where Aaron sat, Isadore's eyes widened. "The nurse bought that for you?" I need to get on that bitch's good side too. He leaned over. "What game are you playing?"

Jodie rolled her eyes. "Actually, yes, they are." She tried to sound not angry, and for the first time, she actually wasn't. She guessed she was just ignoring his comments.

''Yeah and.. just Mario kart 64'' he said while showing him the screen. He didn't feel like playing zelda or Goldeneye 007. Aaron just wanted to play a light-hearted game, a game where you didn't have to concentrate. At least not that much.

The boy took the plate gratefully. "Thanks man," Nick mumbled automatically, kicking back up and leaning in the chair again. At his comment, he smirked. "Nah dude, my taste tester has already told me how you poisoned my food." Maybe he should be taking what they were saying a bit more seriously, but he couldn't pass up the opportunity for that comment. Taking a bite of the toast, Nick decided that soggy wasn't too bad. When the girl, Jodie, said she got in a fight, his happy, smug look quickly switched to one of dismay. "Don't tell me you're in on all that drama from earlier."

"No, I was just in the aftermath. Ava got beat up so I beat up the girl who did the deed. It's a long story really. They're fighting over Ben and ugh- It just doesn't matter. I don't even see why I'm caught up in it." She rested her cheek on her hand and stole a piece of toast from Nick's plate. After taking a bite, she realised it was soggy. "Definitely poisoned." She said, although she carried on eating it.

Not expecting the staircase to end yet, Mick would stomp the floor. He winced at the sudden and unintentional sound...

Isadore shrugged. If it was poisoned, I wouldn't be eating it myself. "Fantastic. I hope you die, then." He finished his plate of cold toast and got up to put the plate in the sink. "Well, school's out for today, so what are we going to do?" He looked over at Nick. "Got any ideas?"

No, don't start talking about that. I don't care. I really don't care.

"Oh, that's good, because her friends are just going to completely forget that you did that. Smart thinking." Nick snorted, finally swallowing the remainder of his toast. "Don't be stupid." Either way, it was too late for this girl.

Disappointment was plain on his face when Jodie stole some of the toast, but realizing how ridiculous he must look, he just chuckled quietly, settling the plate back on the table just in time for Isadore to take it. Nick, faintly amused by Isadore's comment, just smirked and shook his head. "What, do you guys usually do something?" He didn't know what there was to do, honestly, and instead tilted the glass of orange juice to slam it all down at once.

Alex had listened silently to the conversation as she ate. Finally speaking up, she said, "Some of us try to stay out of drama. Even if you are a tempered crazy bitch, that doesn't mean you can take on four or five at a time. You see where that got Ben. I understand what you were trying to do, but you just made it worse. If you really wanted to end it, then I guarantee she'd be dead by now, along with her petty minions," she said calmly as she sat her plate in the sink. "We could murder them and be acquitted of all charged by reason of insanity. Why do you think I'm not in prison right now. I speak from experience, killing and not getting blamed," she explained, looking at Jodie. She stayed quiet and went into the living room and turned on the tv.

Having found no one had noticed him yet, Mick tries to sniff out the toast he can smell. He follows the wall and holds a hand out infront of him, as one would do in total darkness... yet it was light.

Ava got up from her spot on the chair and went to place the book back on the shelf. She looked around for her backpack which seemed to have disappeared. Probably left it back in the hall... She thought and walked over to the door, opening it. She stuck her head out and looked down the hall, seeing a child wander into the kitchen. Since when was there a child in the orphanage...? She shrugged off the thought, deciding to go retrieve her bag and go back to her room.

Ava slipped out into the hall and closed the door gently behind her, making soft steps down the hall. She passed the little boy, keeping close to the wall. She saw her backpack on the floor, went over to it, and picked it up. Placing the strap over her shoulder, she then turned to the stairs, walking over to them and going up them.

Jodie shrugged. "I want tattoo." Jodie shrugged. She'd been thinking of it for a while. I mean, if she was going to grow up; she might as well do it in style. She didn't know exactly what she was going to get inked, but maybe there would be a template book or something...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back