• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Mad House.

The first place that Ben decided to check was her room, so he walked up to it and knocked a few times and waited for her to respond, if she was inside. Thoughts were running through his head as to what he should say, if it should be kind or sympathetic or what. He shook his head and decided he would just go with the flow and whatever happens, happens.

Ava's body stiffened as she heard someone knocking on her door and she already knew who it was: Ben. She leaned back from the window and opened her eyes, the pressure already building behind her eyes. A heavy breath of air left her lips and she leaned her head back to stare at the ceiling, blinking her eyes a few times to get rid of that annoying feeling like you're about to cry. She gulped and looked straight, getting up and shuffling her feet toward the door. Each step felt so heavy and she tried to put a smile on her face, but failed. Her hand shakily reached to the doorknob and she slowly turned it, opening the door.

"Hey, Ben..." She said awkwardly, rubbing the back of her neck. "... We need to talk."

Ava turned and walked away from the door. Should she stand? Should she sit? She decided to sit on the bed, trying not to look nervous or awkward, and folded her hands on her lap. What am I going to say...?

Benjamin didn't move from the door and watched her.

"About what?" He asked.

He knew what was coming, and he steeled himself for it.

Ava looked to him, clenching her jaw a little. She knew he was going to be stubborn and wary about this. She wondered if it would be better if he didn't come in and should just break it to him when he was still out the door. Shaking her head, she motioned for him to come in.

"Just want to talk is all," she sighed lightly, "just come and sit..."

Nick had not gotten a chance to completely settle down by the time she had shown up again, trying to talk to him again after what had more or less been a warning from him. Why had he been so mean to her? She had practically threatened him, but just because she gave a little smile after that, she was the victim? Nick's jaw tightened. No, she hadn't really done anything wrong to him, but it something more than that. This entire conversation bothered him. Sure, it had been alright for a while, but her attitude toward killing people was something that delivered him very quickly back to the fact that everything here was so... he didn't even know how to describe it anymore.

Already he couldn't stand all these people here again. Nick wasn't about to sit down and discuss his feelings over a glass of orange juice, especially not with this girl. He needed to think, desperately. Rather abruptly, Nick pushed his chair out and got to his feet. "I'm going out," was all he bothered to announce. He didn't care who he ignored and offended, be it Alexis, the little boy, the woman that cooked dinner, Jodie, Isadore, it didn't matter. Nick whirled around, and walking off with a brisk pace, made for the door, slamming it behind him.

Benjamin looked at her for a moment and started into the room, where he sat beside her and stared at the floor.

Ava watched him enter the room and sit down beside her. She looked straight, but watched him from the corner of her eye. He was staring at the floor and she could not read the expression on his face. He was silent as well, and for once she hoped he would be yelling at her. But he was actually listening this time around and this made it even harder for her. She hated seeing him like this; it was killing her on the inside, actually. She shifted a little in her spot, reaching up to tug on the necklace a bit, the necklace seeming to grow tighter, like it was slowly strangling her.

Ava sat there quietly for a few moments, taking in the tension in the room. It was so thick and she just wanted to flee the room and go outside for some air. "Ben... I just wanted to talk about us." She exhaled with a small dry laugh. "I-I really don't know what to say so bear with me..."

Benjamin nodded in response to her.

"I know, but before you say anything. They caught the guys who jumped me, they didn't make it very far. From what the cops said, they were worst off than I was, said I had some kinda of guardian angel watching over me." He said.

Ava nodded to acknowledge she heard him, chewing on her inner cheek as she thought. It relieved her a bit that those thugs were caught and all, but she couldn't help to think that all this would just happen again. A cycle and she didn't want to go through it again. All this thinking caused her to lightly wring her hands and her face fell somber. She could not let this happen, not to him, and it seemed all these things happened when she stuck around for too long.

"That's great..." She finally said, trying to smile, "but I really need to talk about this..." Her hands let go of each other and went up to the back of her neck. Though her hands were shaky, she managed to take off the necklace. "I can't do this anymore, Ben..."

Benjamin had already been out the door and was closing it.

"I get that you're scared, Ava. I was too, to be honest. Be there's gonna be a time where you can't be afraid anymore, and you have to grow up because being scared isn't an option anymore. I still feel the same way for you, and that's a shame since you won't let it happen because you've got the idea that you caused this trouble. Nobody blames you and I especially don't blame you. That necklace isn't mine, it's yours, and I'm not angry at you." He said.

He closed the door very softly and his footsteps echoed down the hall until the sound of a door opens and closes, and everything falls silent.

Ava just stared at the closed door and listened to his footsteps echo in the hall until they stopped, clenching the necklace in her hand. She wanted to throw it, but made no move to do so. Her heart felt sick and she hated that feeling in her chest. It was the worst feeling anyone could ever have. No drug nor drink could make this feeling subside. Though she felt this on the inside, the outside didn't match. Her eyes did not tear up or any emotion showed up in her face.

She rose from her bed and walked over to her bureau. She opened the top drawer and dropped the necklace in before closing it quietly. Silently, she moved about her room, getting ready for bed. Once dressed in her sleepwear, she closed her lamp and then got under the covers, lying down on her side just to stare at the wall.

Last edited by a moderator:
Benjamin leaned against his door and stared at the opposite wall, the streetlight filtered through from behind the curtains and lit his room enough to where he could see. Thoughts ran through his mind and he sighed, what was he gonna do now? He couldn't face her again, not for a while at least. He hoped his words hadn't hurt her too bad, but he felt she needed to hear them. To be honest, her "everything is my fault attitude" worn on him a bit, but that was most likely because he was used to dealing with girls who were full of themselves like Ashley or the other girls at school. But he'd seen the side of Ava that made it all worth it, he saw who she really was, and that was just a misunderstood teenage girl. He shook his head and sat down on his bed and and just listened to the sounds around him. The ceiling fan swung lazily and the bed side fan Ben kept blew continuously, and the sounds of the city were heard. He laid down and looked at the photo of his parents and rolled over to face the wall. He stayed like that for a moment, before reaching over and laying the photo face down. He felt like he'd failed, and he didn't want the unwavering eyes of his parents boring into the back of his head. He sighed again and closed his eyes, hoping to sleep so he could heal up.

Aaron suddenly heard a door slam and he looked up from his game. He looked around him and saw that Nick left the room. When he looked back at his screen he saw that he was suddenly on second place instead of first. Stupid turtle shells... ''Euhm.. did I miss something?'' he said while not looking at anyone. He decided to just turn off the N64 and took a bite out of his apple.

Jodie stood there with her eyes open wide, realising no one had acknowledged her idea and instead were on the way to an argument. "Again," She coughed as Nick walked away, "I want a tattoo. Anyone want to come with?" She looked at Aaron and Isadore who looked equally uninterested. "Oh, and Isadore; your boyfriend has run off." She got up and searched for Ava.

Oh, okay. So Nick just- Isadore sputtered a bit into his glass."My WHAT?" But Jodie had already left the kitchen. Muttering incoherently to himself, Isadore sat back down in his chair and glared at the orange juice. What goes on in that brat's mind? I don't even want to know.

"Avaa?" Jodie called. "Ava!" She yelled again. She hoped she wasn't angry for what happened with Ashley. Why did she need to be? Jodie got revenge on her. It's what friends do!

Aaron looked up and decided to not ask any questions. So he turned his N64 back on and decided to just play mario kart 64 again. But now he wanted to actually finish it and win. Stupid turtle shells..

Benjamin could hear Jodie yelling Ava's name and he sighed and opened his eyes. Nobody seemed to be considerate around here.

Ava cuddled closer to her sheets with a sigh. Sleep would just not take her, no matter how calm she tried to keep her mind. She heard Jodie call out for her and she rolled over to the side of her bed, away from the wall, wondering what she would want. She wasn't angry at all at Jodie, just a little worried for lack of a better word.

Kicking off the covers, she sat up and brought her legs to the edge of the bed, placing her feet on the cool wooden floor. She got up and walked over to her door, fixing the plaid pajama pants she wore, then opened the door and followed Jodie's voice.

"Avaaaa!" She walked towards her room. "I want you to help meh!" She was about to knock on her door but saw her a few feet from her door. "So; I want a tattoo." She laughed a little.

"A tattoo?" Ava's eyes widened a bit at Jodie's wish. Was she serious? "Um... Where would you get one? Can you even get one since you're underage?" Ava rubbed her forearm and kept in a sigh. She was thinking about Ben and his tattoos, but quickly shook the thought of him out of her mind. Stop thinking about him, will you...?

"I have a fake id, I can get one. And down the street, the parlour. It's owned by the chick who's like the 2nd most tattooed woman in the world or some shiz." She said, without knowing the real facts.

"Definitely not going to stop you, if that's what you're thinking..." Ava said after nodding at Jodie's facts. "Do you know what you're going to get?"

"I don't know, maybe something to do with our friendship? Or some ravens on my collar bones. You know, from Divergent?" She smiled at the memory of the book. "I'll see when I get down there." She knew she was unorganized, but she really wanted one.

"Ravens would look so cool..." Ava commented with a small smile. Thinking about tattoos, she felt the need to have one as well a little bit. She didn't want a huge one plastered somewhere on her body, but something small and out of sight, of course. But she didn't have the money, only a few dollars here and there.

"Do you want me to tag along?" She asked, a little unsure if she should leave the orphanage. She pushed that thought aside, wanting to get out. She needed to get out for some air at least.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back