• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Mad House.

spectro

dayman
Rosieo submitted a new role play:

Mad House. - An orphanage full of hormonal teenagers have to figure out their feelings.

Sunny Brook Orphanage.

-All children accepted UNLESS YOU'RE A FREAK

-Every child deserves a good home UNLESS THERE IS NONE

-All adoptions must be formally discussed OR JUST LEAVE YOUR KID ON THE DOORSTEP

Sunny Brook orphanage...
Read more about this role play...

The New Life Centre.

Welcome orphans, to a place where you can start anew. Where you will be accepted and loved for yourself. Where you will find friends to spend our life with. Please make yourself at home, and start your New Life.

The New Life Centres Living room/kitchen.

modern-futuristic-apartment-design-ideas.jpg

-Normal rules apply.

-Romance is encouraged.

-Mild cursing is allowed.

-Don't advertise your own rp's.

-You can create up to 3 characters.

-Have fun.

-School days can only last 48 hours.

Last edited by a moderator:
It was 8:02 in the morning and Jodie sat around the large mahogany table, her fellow orphans sat around, eating a variety of cereals. The head of the house, Michael, sat at the top, munching on some toast and reading the paper. But, today, Jodie wasn't hungry. It was her birthday. Another day closer to becoming 18, another day closer to have to be alone, in the real world. She looked over to Cain who was sloppily shoving a milky spoon in his mouth and at Ava, who also was not stuffing her face. Ava was about the only person who Jodie liked in here. She was cool and liked the same music as her and on many occasions, they had sat in Ava's room, listening to music for hours through headphones.

"Happy Birthday to me." Jodie muttered under her breath, waiting for some one to remember what day it was.

Derek was twitching as he ate some cereal. "Ring around the Rosie! Pockets full of posies! Ashes, ashes, we all fall down!" He said after every bite. "I like that song!" He exclaimed, mostly to himself. He smiled like a madman, Looking at everyone around him. Derek smiled at Jodie. He knew it was her birthday. "HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!" He yelled and waved his hands goofily. "You are turning older!" Derek said and clapped his hands. Scars covered his wrists and so many other places.

Gem looked at Derek and shrugged. "Happy birthday Jodie." She said quietly and smiled. Gem slurped up her milk and looked at Ava, Cain, Jodie And everyone else. She wanted to give something to her dear orphan. "I wish I got you something.."

"I wish this place had more of a variety of breakfast foods other than cereal. I hate milk..." Ava thought with a grimace on her face as she slowly stirred the bowl of soggy Cheerio's in whole milk. She sneaked a glance at the head of house and wondered if she should say something about these lousy breakfast choices, but decided against it and kept quiet. He probably wouldn't even take up her suggestion.

She heard Jodie mutter Happy Birthday to herself and Ava glanced at her as well. Jodie was one of the first kids in this place to befriend her, though Ava felt Jodie was very pretty, too pretty to even want to hang around such a plain and dull person that was Ava. All the girls here were so pretty and it wouldn't be long until they all get boyfriends. Nonetheless, Ava was glad to have Jodie around. Maybe Ava would bring a cupcake later when they hung out and listened to music and have a small birthday party.

Ava gave Jodie a small smile before going back to her cereal, slightly jumping at Derek's small outburst. He was so loud at times. She never did say much and was pretty much overlooked by others, or so she thought.

Ignoring Derek's idiocy, Jodie looked over to Gem, "Thankyou, honestly it's fine. I just want to get this day over with." She got up and slipped on her old red converse that were sitting next to her chair. Lifting her head up, she noticed Ava smile at her. Her bestfriend knew she wouldn't want much of an outburst, just a quick smile was enough support.

She walked over to the kitchen sink and poured her cereal into it, watching the fruit loops struggle to fit down the drain. She scrubbed her dish and put it on the drying rack. She sat back down at the table, waiting for everyone else to finish.

The only good thing about to day, was that it was Saturday, and she didn't have to go to school.

Derek laughed. But not in a crazy manner, he sounded normal. He did the same as Jodie and then sneaked up behind Alex. "Boo!" He said, touching her shoulders from behind, now he laughed crazily. "Hi Alex!" He said sitting on the ground instead of pulling his chair up next to her. "What's up? How's life? Not so good? Right? Mine too! Hey wanna play a game? Oh! Can I tell you something? How old are you? Hi!!" He said excitedly twitching. Dry blood was slightly seen on his face, he took out a small knife and started cutting himself. He grinned as he watched blood drip from his cuts. "Blood!" He exclaimed.

Gem was sort of disgusted of Derek but carried on, she did like Jodie and sat by a corner and started to look at her hands. She pushed back some blue hair.

@RavenReigns11258

Jodie looked over at Derek and Michael stole the knife from his hand.

"IF YOU'RE GOING TO DO IT, DO IT ALONE!" He screamed and threw the knife in the bin.

Jodie realised how cruel and insensitive Michael was. He was supposed to be the Dad of us all, but he was just a lonely manwho got too big for his boots and took on more kids than he could handle.

Jodie looked over at Derek and although what he was doing was disgraceful, it was his choice. She nodded supportively to him and said,"Come on guys, eat up. I want to open my presents-well presENT."

If there was any positive trait about Ava, it was that she was conscientious and caring about her friend's feelings. Even though Jodie never told her, Ava hated knowing that Jodie felt she would be even more alone when the day she became an adult arrived. She wanted to tell Jodie that she would not be alone, that she had a friend who will always be her friend and will always be there for her, even when the day they left these walls of Sunny Brook Orphanage. But Ava just didn't know how. She suppressed a sigh and slowly got up, carefully making her way to the sink, but quickly sat back down as the commotion between Derek and Michael happened, trying to calm herself. Altercations made her so nervous.

When it all calmed down, she got back up and went to the sink and cleaned up her mess before returning to her seat.

Alex watched the whole ordeal pan out in silence, her food untouched. She whispered a small, "Happy birthday, Jodie," then got up. She turned, almost zombie like, to Derek who was watching the blood drip from his wrist, and twisted her head slightly. "Drip....drip....drip," she said, her red eyes trained on the small, red puddle that was forming on the floor. She grinned at the sight, but it snapped away as she shot Michael a deadly glare. With a slow, devilish laugh, she rose her finger up and pointed at him and said, "You're next." She turned and walked upstairs to her room.

Sighing again at the lack of enthusiasm, as there was ever day, Jodie walked up behind Ava's chair.

"You wanna come see me open my present?" She looked down at her friend, thinking of the mysterious gift that had arrived in the post 3 days earlier and no matter how hard her heart wanted it, she fought the urge to open the gift and left it to her Birthday.

Derek smiled at Alex as she left. "I'm next!" He said. "I'm next! I'm next!" He didn't care about Michael, he grinned. "Heh.." He went to his corner and took out a sharp pin, he started stabbing himself. He looked at Gem. His smile fading, he looked normal when he didn't smile like a madman, he titled his head as he looked at her. "Hi.." He whispered but he got up and followed Alex. "Alex! Play with me!" He urged like a little kid, "Look blood!" He exclaimed and stabbed himself some more, blood dripping as he ran after her.

@RavenReigns11258

Cereal is weird isn't it? You basically give your food a milk bath. Kind of funny actually... Weird but funny. Aaron thoughts were distracting him from what was happening in the room. Not that it mattered anyway. He wasn't befriended with anyone here. That's why he likes school. Well like? It's not really that he likes school. He likes the thirty minutes before school and the lunch breaks. It's not that he doesn't want to befriend them.

It's just that none of them took the time to talk to him. Not that he blamed them for his loneliness at home.

Home? That's pathetic.

Has he been here for that long that he considered this his home?

Yeah... He never had another 'home' except for this orphanage.

He never wanted to leave this orphanage more than now.

Alex turned when she heard her name being called and grinned slightly. "I'll play with you. I just need to get something....some toys," she said softly. Her voice was calm. It was always calm no matter the situation. She smiled and went into her room closing the door. Looking under her bed, she pulled out a small case that was labeled Monsters Under Your Bed. That's exactly what they were. She refused to keep them anywhere else. Grinning, she opened it and looked over the 'toys'. That's what they were to her. Not different variations of knives and some ropes and scissors, but toys.

"Toys! How did Micheal not find out about this..?"'he sat down and took a knife. He tests it by pricking himself. He smiled as it drew blood. He licked his blood up, he kept doing it, licking his blood up. It was tasty to him. he took her hand gently and not so hard, she drew a heart on her index finger, only a little bit of blood was drew. "Heart!" He exclaimed. He wasn't always like this. He was quiet smart. Actually advanced. But. His mental disease was just too much for him sometimes.

@RavenReigns11258

Grinning at the heart, she explained with a sadistic tone, "He doesn't find out because he's not smart enough. He's always got his head stuck so far up his own ass, that he can see the contents on his stomach." The took one of the smaller ropes and tied it around her wrist, tight enough to creat a noticeable mark. She stood and started slowly walking around. "He doesn't allow anyone here to be themselves. It may seem like it, but oh no. Not at all. I can't wear half of my clothes because of him. I can't..." She took off her black leather jacket to reveal scars along her arms. "Across for attention. Longways for result," she said simply before going to a window and staring down at the people walking below.

His madman smile faded and he smiled normally. He got up and not is his regular madman tone he said, "Yeah.. He is some fucking idiot." He cautiously put his arm around her, waist length. Friendly of course. He pulled up his sleeve seeing massive scars. "Yup. Same here.." He smiled madly again. "You're nice!"

@RavenReigns11258

"If you consider chopping the heads off of birds to freak people out, nice. Then yes. I suppose I am," Alex said, almost too calm. She didn't take her eyes off the people that kept walking by. Her face wasn't showing anger....or happy....or sad...or even sadistically insane. She stared with no emotion, lost in her thought. It's thee most normal she's looked in years.

He leaned in on her and smiled. "You're pretty.." She said quietly. He blushed. "We've been here for a long time together and.." He explained the rest with a kiss on her lips. He jumped up and down. "Always wanted to do that to you!!" He bit his lip and blushed. "Heh.. " he smiled sheepishly.

@RavenReigns11258

Alex blushed and looked down after he kissed her. She turned without a word and picked up a knife before returning to him. She held his hand, palm up, and slit it deep enough to get a decent about of blood out. She immediately picked up a small red-stained glass and turned his hand over so the blood was dripping into it. She stood silently until the glass was filled up to the distinct red line. "There's a small treat," she said quietly as she took the glass to the small table beside her bed. "Just don't drink what's in the glass."

@Sandra

Humming to himself, Isadore leaned against the withered, old apple tree that grew beneath his window. Everyone was eating breakfast inside. Cereal, he guessed, as he heard the shaking of boxes and spoons scrapping bowls. Michael had no sense of imagination. Always picking the typical, boring meals. He bit into his apple. Suddenly, Michael's voice brayed through the kitchen window.

"IF YOU"RE GOING TO DO IT, DO IT ALONE." Isadore chocked down a mouthful of fruit. I AM eating alone, he thought indignantly to himself, though he knew the shouting was directed at the kids inside. Probably Derek again. Or Cain.

Sighing at all the shouting, Jodie walked outside, in the direction of Isadore, folding her arms over her chest.

"Hey she looked down at him, with a sorry look in her eyes. "Michael is an ass, don't worry about him."

She sat next to him, tearing the brown-ish grass from the Earth.

@Trignome

Benjamin wiped the sweat from his brow as he watched the tattered speed bag swing back and forth lazily until it stopped. He sighed and stretched a bit before removing his gloves and turning to climb the stairs to go inside. He stopped at the door and sighed as he heard the verbal exchanges inside.

"Never a dull day here at Sunny Brooks, yeah?" He whispered to himself.

He opened the door with one hand and went inside, and into the kitchen, he sighed and put his sweat gloves down on the table and then walked outside again to watch the cars drive by, he noticed Isadore and Jodie outside and he nods at them.

"Hey, guys..." He grunts.

He sits down at the old withered picnic table and sighed.

Isadore shrugged, wondering why the red-haired girl had chosen to sit next to him. Where's Ava? Don't they usually hangout together? He paused in his chewing, staring at Jodie's face. Her brows were slightly furrowed and she was gazing absentmindedly at the confetti she was making. Upset, but not angry. Sad? No, maybe... Isadore glanced down at her hands, ripping the grass out of the ground. A list ran through his head. Nervous, scared, anxious, fearful, concerned. Probably anxious...ah yes. Today is her birthday.

Isadore decided to test his theory. "Happy birthday, Jodie. You're almost an adult now." He smiled into his apple.

"It is," Jodie looked up at Ben,"Let's not bring it up again." She replied, a little too harshly. She looked down at the parcel in next to her. A piece of string was wrapped neatly around it. She craved so badly to rip it open but she was to afraid of what it might be. She tossed it back and forth in her hands and then looked up at Isadore. "Thanks..." Tears welled up behind her eye lids.

In a sense, she hated it here. She hated that it was a sign of her loss, that Michael was a dick and that arguments happened 24/7, but it was the closest thing she ever had to a home, and having to leave it opened so many possibilities-Jodie saw them all as bad.

Benjamin raises an eyebrow at Jodie, and looks down at the package. He sighed as he looked back at the busy street and smiled a bit.

"Happy Birthday, punk. Now, ain't you gonna open your gift?" He asks, uninterested.

He scratched the back of his head and yawned, before looking back at Jodie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back