• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Mad House.

Benjamin watched Jodie and then Raja walk away. He sighed and just stared off into the distance, just the thought of Ava running through his head. What was she feeling right now? She saw him get jumped, every bit of it.

"Sir, we're going to have to take you to the hospital to check for broken bones and the possibility of internal bleeding." A paramedic said.

"Oh, I'm already involved. I smacked her in the jaw, remember?" She paced Ava's room. "She can't treat people like this! Like she is untouchable! I know exactly how she is, and she's going to get payback." Jodie stormed out of Ava's room before he could object.

"Jodie! Fuck!" Ava put her hands up to her head, gripping her hair. What have I done!? She thought frantically, and even though Jodie was pretty much unstoppable at this point, Ava felt like she still had to stop her. She grabbed the bags of frozen vegetables she used as ice packs and rushed after Jodie.

Turning to answer Nick's question, Isadore snorted. No, I don't fight. I kill. "Only a bit, but certainly better than him." He gestured at the Ben, who was currently being swarmed by paramedics and Jodie. He glanced back at Nick, who was still giving him an skeptical look. "What, you don't believe me?" He sighed. "You know people avoid me, right?" It's because they're idiots. "It's because I'm dangerous." Isadore paused, waiting for Nick to a) laugh at him, or b) start backing away. B is the best option. B is the safe option. You'd be safer better off befriending the other kids.

"Go ahead and laugh, if you want. But if you get in a fight, it's safer if you call back-up." He looked over at the drama ensuing on the front lawn. "Preferably back-up that can actually hold their own in a brawl." Shut up, Isadore. You're becoming much too friendly with this guy. Stop fraternizing with the enemy. Isadore shrugged. "You're tall though, so I guess that's an advantage."

Last edited by a moderator:
Jodie stormed out of the house. She knew where Ashley would be; The Court. It was where the cheerleaders practised every night. Well, they mostly waved at boys through the gates and giggled wildly, but they were there. Jodie thanked it was only a few blocks away.

When she arrived, she climbed over the fences, adrenaline rushing through her. She spotted Ashley immediately, Her clichéd ash blonde hair made her stick out like a sore thumb. "Hey Ashley!" She landed on the other side. Ashley saw her and her eyes lit with fear and surprise. Then she laughed. "Oh look, Ginge is here." She laughed and her giggle was followed by a chorus of idiotic follower laughs.

"Oh." Jodie was close now. If she wanted, she could charge at her, but she wanted the element of surprise to be in her favour. She began taking her bag off of her back and she slammed it hard into Ashley's face.

Ashley held her nose and it was bleeding. "YOU BITCH!" She ran towards Jodie and Jodie dropped her bag to the floor. She grabbed hold of Ashley's hair and slammed her into the fence. "HOW DO YOU LIKE IT?" The scared little cheerleaders fled, but some stayed and made cheered Ashley on; how ironic.

She slammed her head several times. Jodie didn't know what she intended to do. Kill her maybe? Then she would be prosecuted. No. Just wound her.

Ashley regained control of her head and there was now a red mark over her cheek and forehead. Blood ran down her face, into her mouth. Not so perfect any more.

Ashley kicked Jodie, making her knee throb; but it only fuelled her more. She slapped Ashley and made her fall to the ground. This was her chance. Pounce on her now, crack her head on the ground. She could kill her and end Ava's suffering.

Jodie spat and turned to walk away.

Jodie had ran out the house before Ava could reach the bottom of the steps. Ava ran to the door and looked out, Jodie was already out of sight. Thinking that it was best that she not venture off into the world by herself, Ava closed the door with a sigh of defeat and hoped Jodie would be okay. She went off to the kitchen and put her makeshift ice packs back into the freezer.

Not knowing what to do with herself now, Ava made her way out into the hall and went to the library of the orphanage. She entered the empty room and closed the door behind her, then walking over to the dusty armchair in the corner of the room and plopping herself on it.

Why doesn't anyone understand...? She thought to herself as she reached into her sweater and pulled out the necklace Ben gave her that she wore around her neck, fingering the three charms with thought.

Amusement flickered in the boy's eyes, and after Isadore said he was dangerous, he chuckled lightly, grin widening. However, he noticed Isadore's expression go largely unchanged, and his laughter was quick to die down. "Oh, what, you're being serious?" How could this boy be dangerous? Isadore had practically been babying him since they met, and he had only embarrassed himself after Nick's initial threat. Maybe he could see people avoiding him, but not for that reason. Nick shook his head. "Don't get me wrong, I'm not calling you a wimp or anything."

Still, even if this boy was being totally serious, he couldn't help but smirk at his suggestion. "That's kinda' pussy, isn't it?" Yeah, it was safer, that was obvious enough, but when it came to protecting the most precious thing of all, the man card, it was only appropriate to drag in back-up when being ganged up on. Why were they even discussing this? Nick shook his head again. "Look, I'll worry about all that after people actually start hating me." Again.

Somewhat eager to swap topics, he finally commented, "He's kinda' stupid, don't you think? Doesn't he know it's never gonna' last?" Nick held a firm belief that serious relationships should be reserved for when a person is out of grade school. At the moment, all it was good for was causing drama... way too much drama for his taste.

"no, thank you." Mick says, sounding tired. He yawns. "might just... go to sleep." He promptly does. Sitting on a door step for half the night finally catching up to him.

Raja smiled and kissed his forehead. She then left to the living room, seeing Aaron. She decided to carry him to his room and en put him on his bed, then she returned with a sigh and plopped her self down on the couch,

Isadore almost wanted to strangle Nick out of frustration. Why aren't you taking me seriously? Don't you know I'm going to end up killing you. "No, it's okay. Most people don't expect me to be physically adept." Not until I hurt them. He shook his head, a bit unsettled by the seemingly careless nature of the new guy. It was...strange, to have someone honestly not hate his guts. Was it friendship, this warm, fuzzy feeling that Isadore felt? No. It's probably indigestion.

Tilting his head to one side, he looked at Nick. "Pussy? You won't be getting any if you're killed." Again, that sounded way better in my head. My brain must be deaf. Isadore could feel his ears turning red again. "Sorry, ignore the brain-fart just then." SHUT UP, ISADORE. SHUT UP! Glad to have a change of topics, he nodded in agreement with Nick, still resisting the urge to bang his head against the house. "Uh...yes. It is childish, how emotional the others get about every little thing. But..." He chose his words carefully.

"People don't last either. It's kind of fitting to have short relationships in a world of brutally short lives." Oh, that makes me sound depressed. Clearing his throat, Isadore tried to elaborate. "I mean, because nobody who's born into this world actually asked to be born; life itself is neutral, without direction. For some people, making a big, superficial deal about their external lives, causing a disturbance in their environment, it's their way of proving that they're alive, that their existence isn't meaningless because they're able to affect others. " He looked down abruptly, avoiding eye contact. Shoot, I was rambling again.

"Uh...so...the abridged version is: if a tree falls in a forest with no one to hear, does it make a sound? If a human goes through life alone, how can the value of their existence be proven?" I'mnotweirdI'mnotweirdI'mnotweirdI'mnotweirdI'mnotweirdI'mnotweirdI'mnotweird

Nick had been looking on at the paramedics at work, a faint smirk remaining from Isadore's response to the 'pussy' comment, but his expression was quick to blank again. As he came to realize the other boy was taking a deeper, philosophical look into his off-handed comment, Nick turned his head to look Isadore over carefully. He was silent, carefully processing everything the boy was saying. After a pause, long enough for the silence to potentially become awkward, Nick finally responded, "Yeah, that makes sense." He honestly didn't find life to be too short, but in retrospect, that would make sense for everything to go on in the subconscious, especially if people didn't bother to reflect on it. Deciding to add a little bit of input after that rant, he mused, "But commitment can wait until we're all a little less stupid." Might as well have fun until then, but that's it.

He wasn't about to get into some deep debate about life, however. Not when his stomach was protesting like it had just started, anyway. Instead, the smirk returned. "Must have been saving that speech for a special occasion," the boy teased. "What, have you been meditating on that?" Nick chuckled a little, shaking his head, before he bumped Isadore on the shoulder with the back of his hand. "Come on, obviously we missed all the action. I'm starving." With that, he turned to head back inside.

Alex eventually stood up. She had been sitting and staring out the window for a while. She stretched and walked outside of her room. Looking both ways down the hall, she headed towards the stairs, running her fingers through her blonde hair, and cautiously descended them. She noticed a few others that she had never seen before. Staying silent, she went into the kitchen just as another was walking inside.

You have to be stupid to commit. Smart people don't put all their eggs in one basket. Isadore ignored his exceedingly sardonic mind, and returned Nick's smile. "Nah, that wasn't any sort of special speech. Just some pointless rambling." He was about to shake his head, but stopped. What am I, a dog? Why all these repetitive habits, like I'm some shallow support character in a 2-cent chick lit. He was still pondering over what other bad habits he might have, when Nick bumped him on the shoulder. Isadore stood there, stunned. Did he just...intentionally bump into me? The stupid jerk, he's picking a fight with me! Turning, he clenched his fist to retaliate but realized Nick was already walking inside.

It took Isadore a moment to process this. Was he teasing? Was that just an accident after all? Scratching his head in confusion, Isadore followed the other boy back inside the house.As he sat at the kitchen counter again and started back into his breakfast, he attempted to make small talk. "So...back to the topic beforehand." He took a sip of his juice. "Girls." One normal conversation, that's all I’m asking for.

Just as Nick emerged in the kitchen, a girl came into view. If he wasn't mistaken, he hadn't seen her before. In particular, his eyes were drawn past her blonde hair to the gothic dress and the bandage around one of her arms. He was quick to peel his eyes away. Nope, definitely wasn't going to strike up some lame small talk with her. Luckily, she seemed to have about the same idea as him, since no words were passed between the two of them. Instead, Nick simply focused on finishing off his breakfast.

He swept his plate off the counter and finally headed to the table just as Isadore entered. The boy swept out a chair on the end settled himself into it. He never placed his plate down, however, and instead kicked his legs up on the table so as to be able to rock the chair onto it's back pegs, leaving the plate in his lap. "Right," he laughed, amused that the other boy actually wanted to talk about that. Is this really the best time, though? he wondered, his gaze briefly flickering over to the room's other occupant, but quickly returned to his toast. The way it crumbled apart was just as satisfactory as before, but with a frown, he realized it had gone cold now. Oh, well, that's depressing.

Nick had been munching on the bread, looking expectantly over at Isadore, but finally gathered that he was supposed to be the one kicking off the conversation. "Wha' d'you want me to say?" He swallowed then. "The only chick I got a good look at was the nurse." And we hit it off brilliantly. "Everyone else is just kinda' running around."

When Jodie got home, she realised her knee had become sore to walk on. When she took a look at it,she realised there was a giant bruise right in the centre, making her skin a dark purple colour. She groaned and layed back on her bed. She wondered if Sandra had make dinner again. She limped downstairs and saw Isadore and Nick.

Yay.

"Oh, hi." she said with an exasperated tone.

Isadore silently stared at his plate, wondering what had prompted him to ask about girls, of all things. Well, what else do guys talk about? Drugs, drinking...? Yeah, that's Cain. Sports, parents...? Ben, of course. He paused for a moment, about to ask if Nick had met any girls prior to the school nurse, maybe at school or something. I need to save this conversation somehow. Before he could actually respond, though, he heard someone walk into the kitchen. "Oh, hi" said an exasperated voice.

Redlocks. "Hey." Isadore suddenly thought of a horribly brilliant idea. He turned to the boy next to him. "Nick, this is Jodie. You two would get along very well." He grabbed Nick's plate and rushed over to the microwave. "I'm gonna heat this up, so you guys just sit there and chat."

Jodie thought to take the opportunity to meet the new guy. "Hey." She sat in the across from the new kid, "I'm Nick. Please don't tell me actually like that ass hole?" She said, nodding her head towards Isadore and saying it loudly so he could hear.

Benjamin sighed and opened the police car door, thanked the cop and slowly stepped out. He was lucky to have made it with only a few bruised ribs, a few cuts that needed stitches and a few bruises. He made his way to the orphanage and opened the door and stepped inside.

Isadore snorted at Jodie's comment. Since when was she Nick? He sighed and continued layering each slice of toast with a paper towel.

Nick looked over at the sound of uneven, heavy footsteps. A girl, red hair flowing long past her neck stepped in. Have I seen her before? He couldn't remember and decided not to dwell on it. He gave a short wave of his hand as Isadore took care of introductions for him. In the next moment, however, the plate was being lifted out of his lap. If he heats it up, it's gonna' get soggy, he thought with dismay, but decided not to waste Isadore's courtesies. It wasn't like he was being picky at the moment, anyway, but he did stare with wide eyes into Isadore's back as he walked away. Was this because of what I just said? No, I don't want some sort of hook up or whatever this is.

His attention snapped back to the girl when she spoke again. Asshole? He made me breakfast. Nick wasn't sure if she was joking or not. He supposed he would find out if sarcasm was her thing or not in the next moment. Deciding to pick his words carefully, as he didn't want to jump to Isadore's defense if she was being serious nor look stupid if she was joking, he went with the neutral, "Well, we're sharing a room."

"Well here's a tip; Sleep with one eye open." she tried to sound subtle; not totally giving him away. "Anyway, how come you're here?" She piked up an apple close to the colour of her hair from the fruit bowl and bit into it. It was the only piece of fruit in the bowl because Michael didn't often but fresh produce and Jodie had bought it herself. She bit into it and it made a loud crunch.

Isadore banged his head against the microwave when he heard what Nick said. Hell-pickles, you can't say something like that. Make yourself my friend, and these people won't talk to you. He said nothing as he slipped the plate in and closed the microwave door. 20 seconds and flip. Fervently, he hoped Jodie wouldn't read too much into what Nick said, and the two of them would get along well. Isadore smiled at Jodie's comment. It doesn't sound like they're getting mad. Maybe this friendship of their's will work.

Nick furrowed his eyebrows a little. He allowed his legs to slip off the table at that point, the chair clattering to the floor. Oops, that was loud. Either way, he thought now that she was being serious... he still couldn't tell. "Yeah, I sleep best with one eye open," he returned, sarcasm dripping in his tone. His eyes narrowed a little at her next question. Why was he at the orphanage? "What do you think?" Did he sound annoyed too soon? Nick's gaze broke from her, however, at the sound of banging, and only managed to catch a glimpse of what he thought might have been Isadore bashing his head. "Dude," he said simply with a quirked eyebrow, but shook his head and looked back at the girl.

Jodie heard Isadore bang something and laughed. She leant back on her hair as he sounded a little annoyed. "Look, don't get butt hurt. We all go in here some way or another. My Mom didn't want me the second she gave birth to me so I've been...'Orphanage surfing' since then." She tried to make her tragic life sound cooler by saying 'surfing' but in truth, it just made her look sadder.

No, this conversation isn't going well at all. Redlocks is slipping into another 'pity-fest'. Isadore jabbed frantically at the microwave buttons. This isn't going well, this isn't going well. Butter bullocks, why? He glanced over his shoulder at the two kids. They're pretty compatible, so why aren't they getting along? Isadore sighed as the microwave hummed to life. People are weird.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back