• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Mad House.

Ava tried to keep her sobs down as she gently washed the blood off her face with a wash cloth and some cool water as she looked angrily at herself in the mirror.

Stupid, stupid, stupid... This is why you can't get into any sort of relationship, Ava. You get hurt and those around you get hurt. Stop opening yourself up to others, it's better that way...
She sighed at her thoughts as she opened the medicine cabinet and got some hydrogen peroxide out with some cotton balls. She closed the cabinet and opened the brown bottle up, drenching the cotton balls with the peroxide. She winced as she dabbed at the cuts on her face for it stung. At least the stinging kept her calm for she felt something else other than what was on the inside.

Isadore froze, listening to the sound of sirens. Without stepping outside, he knew what was coming. Ambulance. He looked down at his hands, resting on the counter top, and slowly traced the red hand prints he'd left on the dull surface. She's going to die. He bolted up in his seat as Ava rushed back into the house and locked herself in the bathroom. He stood up and shook his head, the ghostly prints faded from the dingy countertop. "Uh...no. This usually doesn't happen. Usually."

Walking over to the front door, Isadore opened it, his hands shaking as he turned the knob. "Uh, perhaps it's people from school. Yeah, they don't like foster kids very much." He swallowed, ears still ringing from the wailing sirens.

Last edited by a moderator:
"What the f**k does it look like happened?" Ben rasped out. "I got jumped."

His vision swam and he felt like he was going to pass out again.

"I need Ava..."

Mick would lay still in Raja's bed. Sirens. The signs of trouble. He hears someone bolt through the building and he finishes when a door slams. From that, he assumes it may not be the criminal. He stands up, feeling about for any obstacles. He makes his way towards the door, finding the frame with his hand.

Nick couldn't see anything for a while until a girl bolted through the entrance foyer, provoking him to raise an eyebrow. Breakfast had been so nice, too... should he really be this calm right now? Oh, wait, he wasn't, not really. Nick looked back to Isadore, whose words were hardly comforting. Putting aside the fact that he had no idea how the other boy was going to react, he wasn't sure what he himself wanted to do. Stand there looking pretty and stay out of the way or figure out what was going on? Needless to say, he followed after Isadore. "Yeah, I don't even know what that means," Nick replied while shaking his head, for the moment not caring how stupid he sounded.

Ava tossed the cotton balls in the trash and cleaned up her mess in the bathroom. She looked herself in the mirror. Without the blood on her face, she looked a bit better, but not by much with the swelling on the right side of her face where she had been slapped hard. She picked up the layers of her top and saw that a dark bruise forming from where she had been punched. Putting her shirt down with a sigh, she left the bathroom.

She snuck downstairs and into the kitchen. Two packs of some frozen vegetables were in her hand when she got them from the freezer. There weren't any ice packs so these had to do. With her head low, she went to return back upstairs, not looking at anyone. Once in her room, she locked herself in there and then laid on her bed.

Can we just restart the day...? She thought miserably as she placed one bag on the side of her face and putting the other on her stomach.

Isadore banged his head against the door, hard. Calm down. You don't want to freak out the new kid. Turning to Nick with a sheepish smile, he rubbed the welt on his forehead and began walking outside. "Judging by Ava's actions, I think Ben got into a fight. Um..." He paused. "I think he should be okay. The ambulance came pretty quickly." Or maybe he's already dead. That's a lot of blood on the lawn.

He stopped as Ava snuck downstairs and into the kitchen, half of her face an angry, swollen red. Well now, something interesting must have happened at school. Turning to face Nick, Isadore gave him a wry smile. "I do hope you know how to fight." You've got to know, if you want to survive out there.

Jodie heard the commotion outside and climbed off the sofa, putting her book down. "Ben? Ava?" She shouted and saw Ava sneak into the kitchen. "Ava, whats the matter-" She saw her face was red and blood stained the corner of her mouth. "What the hell happened." Anger raged into her fist and she squeezed them,"I'm gonna kill Ashley!" She paced up and down the kitchen.

Benjamin pushed himself out if Raja's hands and tries to stand. They'd gotten him pretty good, but there wasn't anyway he was going to die. He was sure he had a few broken ribs and a ton of bruises, but other than that he wasn't sure how badly he was beaten. He could feel the warmth of blood leak down his face, and was sure that was the rest his eye burned.

"Sir, you need to relax. You're beaten pretty bad." A female paramedic said.

"Jodie!?" He yelled.

Ava could still hear Jodie yelling from downstairs as she still laid on her bed in her room, the door locked. She wanted to calm her down and tell her not to do anything rash, but she knew she'd never listen in a million years. She placed her forearm over her eyes and deeply sighed. Hopefully, this will all just blow over...

Mick would be listening from raja's bedroom doorway. He'd sigh and turn back in, feeling his way back to the bed and collapsing on it.

Raja would stand and puts a hand on bens shoulder, in a soft voice she said, "Ben, the paramedic needs to check in with you. Okay Hun..?" She motioned to the paramedic to come over to him slowly. "Please Ben. "

Jodie sprinted to the door and saw Ben. She ran to him, worried for both him and Ava. "What the hell happened?" She hugged him, in a sisterly way.

Nick made a noise of assent, more or less pretending like he knew what that meant. Boyfriend and girlfriend? He didn't care too much. He was more curious than anything to see what had been so serious to bring an ambulance down here. After a moment, he followed after the boy, making sure he stood somewhat off to the side and not in the way of anything. Now having a better glance at everything, he felt somewhat relieved. The sheer amount of pandemonium seemed to have blown things out of proportion. Sure, maybe some guy took a beating, but no one was dying. "Not that bad," he commented, mostly to himself.

Isadore must have been thinking the same thing, more or less, because he was turning to him with a twisted smile in the next moment. Know how to fight? Nick returned a sardonic grin of his own. "And you do?" In all honesty, he was better at running away, in theory, but he didn't exactly like backing down from fights. He had probably been bested just as many times as he had bested others, but most people wouldn't know... or at least that's what he was going for. He didn't ever work on his upper body strength, after all. Either way, he had a hard time picturing Isadore fighting... well... anyone.

He spared a moment to pass a glance over to Ben, who seemed to be spitting blood around and calling pitifully for some girl, who had obediently rushed out of the house.

Ben ignored Raja and grabbed Jodie by the shirt and pulled her close.

"Please, go speak to Ava. It's not her fault and this doesn't change the way I feel about her."

He smiled at her, and allowed the paramedics to look at him.

Raja smiled slightly. She and the paramedic guided Ben to sit down in the ambulance, they checked his injuries while raja just looked at him. Even thought they weren't very close. These teens meant a lot. "I'll just go check on Mick." She nodded to the paramedic and went back to her bedroom to see Mick on her bed, "Mick, do you need something?" She say next to him.

@azimuth

"wh-what?" Ben walked away with the paramedics. Ava. She needed to find her.

She ran back in the house, confused as to what had happened. "Ava?" She sprinted up the stairs and over to Ava's room. She didn't bother to knock, she just pushed open the door.

Ava removed her forearm from off her eyes and stared at Jodie, a bit startled that she had burst into her room like that. She wondered if the locks ever worked in this place, but quickly dismissed the thought.

"Go away, Jodie..." Ava said with a sigh, putting the bag of frozen vegetables over her face so she didn't have to look at her.

"Um, no! She looked at Ava, holding the icy bag to her face. "The hell happened? I must have asked that questions 10 times!" She sat next to Ava and put her arm around her. "Ben said his feelings haven't changed about you."

"I... I got beat up..." Ava said in defeat, dropping the bag from her face revealing her teary eyes. They had begun to tear up when Jodie mentioned Ben."About Ben..." Her voice dropped to a quivery whisper. "... I can't be around him. This was all my fault. If he hadn't cared so much about me, he wouldn't be lying outside with the paramedics around him..."

"Ava, he's okay, he's even stood up!" She tried to sound enthusiastic. Then her eyebrows furrowed, "Wait, you got beat up? By who?" She stood up and gritted her teeth. "I swear to God, Ashley is going to die." She growled.

"N-no! Don't, Jodie! Just, don't!" Ava pleaded with Jodie. "Ashley's brother did that to Ben outside all because Ben said something to her. Who knows what she'll do if you get involved!"

She stood up quick, wincing at the pain from her sore stomach and gripped Jodie's arms, looking into her eyes. "Please, calm down, I'm begging you..."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back