Love and the Lost God [Inactive]

Crow decided to return to his room, get a bite to eat and then sleep. That fight was a little too easy for him and he wanted Echo to follow through but that slipped him mind now.

fecdd2b3-57b4-470f-93bb-53d66548da69_zpse3548170.jpg

Layla paused when she noticed Amare, meeting his eyes evenly. "The Gods seem to have no consideration for anyone but themselves," She stated bluntly, "I'm not sure about Filius or the Mother but Duis seems to be so overwhelmed with hatred for his son that he's willing to get others hurt to teach the kid a lesson." She shook her head looking upward once more.

"Gods like that don't deserve to be gods." With that she flipped a bit of her hair over her shoulder, "Gods need to show mercy. It's why they are Gods and not humans, Humans... after all... are horrible creatures." It was true, humans would hurt each other over the Will of a God for a struggle that was not even theirs. Layla was one of those people, sadistic and craving blood. The only thing that made her somewhat better was her guilt and realization of that sadistic nature.

She gave an almost unheard laugh, "I'm afraid that changing me is as impossible as changing Duis." She said patting Amare on the shoulder as she passed by him on her way to the exit. "Humans and Gods are similar in that way. Both stubborn creatures." When she reached the doorway she glanced over her shoulder at him, an innocent smile flickering across her face.

"Of course, you shouldn't believe a word I say." She stated with a wink, "You never know if I'm lying or not."

Layla paused just inside the doorway when Amare spoke, hesitating before she turned back to look at him. "Well, that makes one of us." She replied, "It seems that everything I thought I knew was either wrong or just the tip of a larger truth." She studied him for a moment then offered him a shrug.

"Tell your Gods that I don't enjoy being their pawn." She gestured toward the sky, "They don't seem to listen to me."

"Me? I'm Layla James, heir to a million -if not billion- dollar company." Layla said with a laugh, "Is that the right answer? Or where you looking for something more... heart-felt?" She looked the time to dust of her skirts as she turned back to him with a slight tilt of her head, her body taking on an air of innocence.

"I'm Layla James, sweet and caring with not a thing wrong with me." She said in a sickly sweet voice, "I'm Layla James, master of hand-to-hand and pressure points. Pretty, confident, and smart." She gave him a smile before her face fell into a serious expression. "Of course, that's a lie. Maybe."

"Am I..?" She questioned slyly, "Well that would be new to me." She folded her arms over her chest with a smile, "How can you be so sure I'm not really a murderer, thief, or even a demigod? Imagine, all this time you've been speaking with the daughter of a god." She laughed. "Gods and mortals... what's the difference really other then a few thousand years and mystical powers?"

"Question is, Amare..." She continued, "Is it really important who I am? Shouldn't you be worrying more about yourself? All other humans seem to be thinking like that... Don't disappoint me."

"You don't have to tell me that." She replied evenly, "What appears and what doesn't, but in the end everyone's resolve is only skin deep. You, me, even the other chosen. No one is what they truly make other think they are." She fluttered her skirts out, spinning once in a circle.

"As you seem to know, I'm a great example of this."

"I'm honored," Layla said in return, "Though I doubt it's because of you I actually am." She shrugged, "No one knows who I actually am though so it's only natural that you find me interesting. Mysterious things often have that effect on people... But you know what they say right?" She pointed at him with a little smile, "Curiosity killed the cat, Amare. Don't be that cat." With that she twirled around and exited the arena.

"The cat" Amare said with a grin. He stayed in the arena, standing in the center.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Amare threw off his shirt and a rapier lowered from the ceiling as he began swinging it with vigor. The rush of air coming from each slash began destroying the arena. He was alone, he was enraged.

Anise shuddered slightly, running a hand through her soft brown hair. She shook her head curtly,

"No. No I did not like to watch." She studied his visible wounds, folding her hands tightly in her lap to keep herself from reaching out to inspect them. She put her face down on the desk, letting out an exaggerated sigh,

"I'm a failure. I missed all my classes today. My first day, I got into a fight, what is the school gonna think of me?" She moaned before she sat up quickly.

"Bread and butter?" She asked in an almost disgusted tone. Getting to her feet she walked into his kitchen,

"Don't starve yourself, jesus. You're like a kid." She teased him, opening up his cupboards she pulled out a pot, filling it with water she turned on the stove, placing the pot of water over the flame. Next she found herself some spaghetti noodles, opening the box she poured them into the boiling water. Turning she faced him, her expression had suddenly grown blank, loosing it's familiar light.

"Lucifer?" She called out, not meeting his eyes.

"I think, I'll tell you about my parents."

"Don't worry. Amare will have everything covered." replied Lucifer. He noticed her walk to the kitchen. He felt grateful to her for cooking for him. He really was hungry. Lucifer walked into the kitchen and stood by the platform. He wanted her to realise that he was paying attention to her. "Ok." he said sounding serious. He could remember her face last time he asked about her parents and it looked no different this time.

Sent from my earphone using Tapatalk!

Amare was single handedly destroying the arena, the ground of the campus shook, the sounds rumbled like thunder.

Anise swallowed hard, she had told Amare the basics, but really it wasn't the whole story. She looked up, her amber eyes searching Lucifers, almost hoping he'd tell her not to talk to him about it. But he was all ears.

"Okay." Her voice shook. Damn I sound pathetic. Just tell him. She inwardly scowled herself.

"My parents were con men. Thieves, liars, cheaters, call them what you will. I had two brothers, both older. The oldest was Tobias, he was supposed to take over my fathers 'job' but he was never cut out for it, and went to live with our grandparents when he was young. But me and my brother Marcus stayed with my parents. We travelled a lot because of what my parents did, we were constantly on the down low, hiding from the cops and such. Anyway, now since Tobias was gone, Marcus was my parents new favorite. My father, trained him from a young age, and Marcus was very good. But I was pathetic. A waist of time... or at least thats what my mother and father would say..." She trailed off to check the pasta, once her back was turned a few tears rolled down her cheeks, and she brushed them away before he could notice.

"M-my dad beat me. Most every night. My mom and brother wouldn't do anything. I have scars from it." With that she pulled down her t-shirt to her collar bones revealing white, thin scars across her skin. Then she lifted her shirt up over her stomach, thick scars laced her creamy skin, turning she showed him her back as well. Pulling her shirt back down she continued.

"I had no friends at school, and I would get badly bullied there too. When I was 15. My dad told me to get out of the house. He never wanted to see me again. I was a screw up that couldn't amount to anything in life. I believed him. And I was forced out onto the streets. I went with little to no food for weeks. One day, I was walking through town when my aunt found me. We hadn't seen each other for years. She took me in just like that. She gave me everything... I'm still trying to do something or find some way to convince myself I'm not worthless. You and Amare, are the first friends I've ever had. You have no idea how- grateful I am." She managed a sad yet happy smile, looking up at him with her furrowed eyebrows, wondering how he would take everything she had just told him.

Lucifer's eyes began to glaze with tears. He had never thought she had such a horrible past. 'She's always so cheerful.' He noticed all her scars. Her voice expressed utter sadness and distress. 'My life isn't half as bad. And I keep pitying myself for some silly curse. But she...' Lucifer couldn't take it anymore. He immediately grabbed her hips, turning her around and pulled her into a tight embrace. He was trying to comfort her. He wanted to make her feel safe and he wondered if she did. "I...I l-lo.." His voice was cut off by a rumbling sound. The ground beneath them shook a bit, followed by the sound of thunder.

'An earthquake?' he thought as he sunk to his knees pulling Anise with him, still hugging her. He curled himself completely around her.

Lucifer wondered what was causing this tremor. He raised his head to look out of the window. 'Filius' teardrops? The rain hasn't started yet. Something is not right.' he thought to himself.

He looked down at Anise. She was trembling in his hands. He placed a light kiss on her forehead. "It'll be alright. Don't worry." he said softly.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Dammit" Amare cried angrily as he continued his rampage. He never got angry, something in him boiled over and out of control. Outside a storm began to howl as the rain fell. The earth continued to shake the ground around the tower began to crack.

Anise was swept into his embrace, her heart pound in her chest and she wrapped her arms round him. This had never happened to her, no one had ever cared for her, and yet here he was, being the amazing person he is. She nuzzled her face into his chest feeling his strong around hold her frame against his. He was about to say something but then... Thunder and a earth quake at the same time?

She curled up underneath him, seeking protection. Her small hands gripped the front of his shirt, her body trembling. Not thunder. Please no thunder.

"What's happening?" She asked, her soft voice thick with fear. When the ground shook harder she clung to Lucifer, unable to move, her body grew stiff. Amare. She suddenly grew very worried about him. It took so much courage for Anise to let go of Lucifer, pulling slowly away she got to her feet. She ran to a wall, her eyes wide like a frightened cat. She clung to the wall then to the furniture, feeling at though she were about to pass out.

"I have- I have to..." She scream as the ground shook and she gripped the couch she was on.

"I have to get to Amare." She managed to get out in a weak voice. With that she took in a huge breath and ran for the door. She was fast. Being on the track team had helped with that, she ran as hard as she could to the arena, not turning to see if Lucifer had decided to follow or not. The ground shook and she fell, scraping up her knees and hands. She scrambled to her feet, almost in tears she was so scared. Please stop! I can't handle this!

Making it into the arena she spotted him. Amare? He was causing this? She raced to him, she jumped into his arms just as the floor gave way under her feet. Her legs wrapped around his waist and her arms around his neck. She trembled. Unable to let go of him she inhaled a shaky breath.

"Stop, please. Please." She begged.

Last edited by a moderator:
"I don't even remember her face.." Amare said angrily, clutching his sword. "The whole story wasn't told!" he shouted with rage, tears streaming down his face.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back