Love and the Lost God [Inactive]

Lucifer could feel her fear. He had no clue of the situation himself. It started raining heavily. "It has something to do with the Gods. Something to do with Filius." he mumbled underneath his breath. "It's not safe to stay inside." he said, as he lifted her up with his arms still around her. Suddenly she pulled away and told that she had to go to Amare.

"Amare can take care of himself! Don't do anything stupid." he shouted but she had already left the room. He quickly made his way outside the room. "The building is shattering. We need to make it to the open grounds." he shouted so that it was audible to the rest of the confused students who stood in the hallway. Another rumble echoed through the hallways and the ground began to crack. "ANISE!!!" he shouted as he ran to the arena, knowing she would have headed there. He forgot about all the pain and ran as fast as his feet could take him. He caught up to her finally at the entrance of the arena but was cut off by a falling piece of the arena's structure. He paused in his footsteps and made his way through after some difficulty.

He saw Anise wound over Amare. 'What's happening? Was Amare the source of all this?'. He noticed tears on Amare's face. Amare spoke something but it was in-distinctive over all the ruckus. He jumped onto the shattered arena. He noticed the ceiling cracking and about to fall. "We have to leave!!!" he shouted in agony as he neared the duo.

Anise slid down him, a hand still gripping his arm. Storms were her worst fear. No one knew that, but by her actions, it was quite obvious. She placed her free, shaky hand on his hands that grasped his sword,

"Amare, please, you have to calm down, everything is being destroyed. Talk to me-" She was cut off by a falling piece of the building, it was falling apart. She cried out in pain as it sliced her arm as it fell, creating a deep cut from her shoulder to her elbow. Blood began to spill over. She did her best to ignore it. She reached her hands up, grasping his face, turning his gaze on hers.

"Amare. It's not s-safe. Please, stop this."

"Leave this place" he said as he gave her an amulet and held his arm up creating a barrier above her head and destroying the rubble blocking Lucifer's path as he pushed her forward.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"I'm- I'm not leaving you." Anise stated firmly, surprising herself at how authoritative her voice sounded. As he tried to push her away she grabbed his hand.

"Come with me." She begged, her voice was thick with worry, now she was pleading. Her fingers closed around the amulet but she didn't leave his side. She planted her feet firmly, he couldn't stay here, he had to come.

Lucifer noticed the cut on Anise's arm. He yanked Anise away by her hips, leading her to the exit. He tugged her hard. "Let's go. You are hurt!" he shouted in agony. The wound was real bad and he could say. He noticed a barrier above Anise. Realization struck him as fast as lightning. 'He is Filius.' Lucifer concluded. Lucifer let go off Anise. "Go!" he commanded her. "Filius! You fool! What do you think you are doing? Daisy is dead and you can't do anything about it!!" he shouted immediately as he headed back toward Amare.

"You don't even know why she died do you?" Amare said to him with a cutting gaze.

Anise felt Lucifer try and pull her away, she struggled from his grasp, running back to Amare's side, pulling on his arm with her unhurt hand. The gash spilled blood, covering her right arm with thick red liquid that dripped off of her finger tips, splattering on the ground around her.

"I'm not leaving you Amare-" She was cut off by Lucifer's words, so he had figured it out. Wait- this was no time for a discussion.

"Amare, Lucifer, please!"

Lucifer could see hundreds of emotions in Amare's eyes. He could see the pain. The anger. The fear. The agony. "She died because of your father! Deus' stupid curse! You think I don't know? We Wrights..."he paused for a while. "I am your descendant." he said in a lower tone upon realizing it. He noticed the crack on the walls develop. He had to stop this quickly. "Look. It's all your father's fault. Your banishment. The curse!! Everything!! Fight him!! You are just hurting others!!" he said as he gestured to Anise who stood beside Amare. She had the barrier so he didn't bother anymore, but she was still bleeding. "Is that what you want?" he shouted.

"Let me tell you all about Daisy. She had a child, my child, I was banished. While I was banished she was left with her wretched mother and father, she was raped and had another child, a child of your clans. Deus cursed you for it, some say she died in childbirth, the birth that started your clans pride!"

Lucifer flustered on hearing Amare's reply. 'No. This can't be true. We are. No!' "NO!!!!" shouted Lucifer. No one spoke ill about his family. He wouldn't accept it. Temper began to boil inside him. His eyes fell on the blood on the floor. "ENOUGH!!" Lucifer shouted as he picked up a longsword that had fallen from the weapons stand. He didn't care at that moment if Amare was a God or not. Amare's words hit Lucifer's heart like cold water on a heated pan. "Stop this madness at once. No one cares. She's dead. And so is your child!!!" he shouted. He looked at Anise. His eyes gestured her to leave. Lucifer was being stupid and he knew it. But his sense was masked by anger.

"You wish to try and fight me? What have you lost Lucifer? What have you lost!?" Amare shouted as his eyes burned with thoughts of Daisy.

Anise's eyes widened in surprise, this was all happening so fast. A sharp pain reminded her that she was indeed wounded. She looked down at her arm, finding blood everywhere. She put a hand over the wound, applying pressure, but it wasn't helping, on top of that she was feeling dizzy from the loss of blood. Out of the corner of her eye she saw Lucifer take up a sword. In the heat of the moment she ran out in front of him, standing in between Amare and Lucifer.

"Don't please. lets just get out of here." She begged both of them, but her gaze never left Lucifer. Anise looked so fragile, so delicate in this moment, like a single touch would send her to the ground. She couldn't watch them fight. She was scared and hurt, but that didn't matter, Amare and Lucifer did.

Lucifer's grip on the sword tightened as he saw Anise hurt. He was reminded of her scars. He closed his eyes. "What have I lost?!! I lost my mother because of the curse! I lost my freedom of choice because of it! It didn't matter if I wanted to fight or not. I had to kill because of these stupid duels. I was bestowed with responsibility." He opened his eyes and noticed Anise. He dropped the sword. "Look. Go fight Deus for all I care." he said. "Just don't hurt others." as he walked to Anise and examined her wound before he swooped her in his arms, carrying her away. As he neared the exit of the shattered arena, he said softly, "I don't know your pain. And neither will you know mine."

Anise looked up at Lucifer as he approached her, exhaling a sigh of relief when he dropped his sword. He examined her wound and she winced.

"It doesn't hurt." She told him, trying to sound tough. She stiffened as she was picked up, he carried her as if she weighed nothing.

"Wait AMARE! Please!" She struggled slightly before she sunk into Lucifer's arms, exhausted. She fell limp, her head resting against his chest, arm bleeding heavily. Passing out from blood loss.

The tower fell around Amare as the priestess pulled the two out. "Amare!" She shouted

Lucifer merely nodded. He left the arena quickly with Anise in his arms. The ground had settled. The storm turned into a rain. He quickly headed out of the tower and found the priestess. She tugged his hand, pulling them out before the tower fell. Lucifer saw the priestess shout Amare's name. He gestured her to heal Anise, wearing his frown. He placed Anise onto the ground.

Lucifer looked back at the fallen tower like all the other students. He knew that a tower cannot bring Amare down since he was a God. But something bothered Lucifer more. He looked up at the night sky. The rain turned into a drizzle. He wondered how Deus would react to all this, as he turned his head back to wounded Anise. 'She knew.' He crossed his arms across his chest bending down beside her, waiting for her to regain consciousness.

The priestess began to heal Anise "Lucifer, what happened here?" she asked as the tower fell into where the arena was underground and remained standing tall.

Lucifer contemplated at the priestess for a while wondering if she didn't know already. He whispered his reply to the priestess so that no one else could hear. "Amare is Filius. He was angry and hurt. He caused all this chaos." He said as he turned back looking at the fallen tower. He sighed, wondering if the arena was still intact but by the looks of it earlier, it must have been crumbled too. He looked up. "How do you think Deus will retort?" he asked in concern. Deus bothered him more than Filius.

"Silence" she commanded as she finished healing Anise, "He'll retaliate if anyone outside of the duels knows, even then do not tell the others. The outcome would be catastrophic"

Anise began to stir, squeezing her eyes shut tight as if she were having a bad dream. She felt the pain get lifted off of her, it was so refreshing. Her chest rose and fell peacefully before her breaths began getting more rapid and she sat up,

"Wait don't!-" She blinked in confusion, looking around her she realized she was no longer in the arena, instead laying on the ground outside. Turning to her arm she found her wound gone. Slowly she advert her confused gaze towards the two standing above her. Anise's cheeks flushed in embarrassment and she lightly bit her lower lip.

"Thanks." She mumbled to the two of them.

Lucifer frowned harder at the priestess. 'Why does she think I was whispering?' he thought, giving her the I'm not stupid look. His eyes immediately went to Anise. Her wound was healed but blood still remained on her arm, leaving stains on her shirt. He helped her up. "Let's go to the room. Hopefully, it isn't damaged." he told softly, trying to lighten up the mood. He frowned at all the other students who were peering at them. "Do you need help?" he asked still wearing the frown as he looked at the tower one last time.

fecdd2b3-57b4-470f-93bb-53d66548da69_zpse3548170.jpg

Layla had been on her way back to her dorm when the ground shook violently, rocking sideways and flinging her limply forward like nothing more the a rag doll. She cursed at the pain, looking down to see the skin of her knees had been scrapped and openly bled. She hissed when she touched it, looking around to see what had caused the tremor. It was strange, the way the earth had shook like that. It couldn't have been anything normal, it had to have been...

"Damn." She hissed, climbing to her feet and heading back the way she had come. She should have known that talking bad of the gods would always bring punishment. Layla was sadistic but she would never forgive herself if someone else took the punishment she deserved. Gritting her teeth against the pain she fought her way toward the arena, pushed back by the sudden storm that had overcome the school.

"Amare!" She called out, eyes set on the arena as she spotted two figured escaping through one of the exits. Then it happened, shuttering the building gave way and collapsed on itself. Layla faltered at the sight, not believing her own eyes as she staggered toward the forms that had left the arena before it had toppled. Getting close enough she spotted Lucifer, a girl, and the Priestess. "A-Amare..." She gasped falling to her knees a few feet from them. "Did he make it out?" Her eyes searched them hopefully, thinking maybe her stupidity hadn't caused the death of another. The looks in their eyes told her otherwise though. Coughing slightly she got to her feet and stumbled a few paces toward the arena.

"I'm so sorry...." She muttered under her breath dropping to her knees at the foot of the rubble, "it's my fault. D-Dues.... YOU COWARD!" Her scream echoed slightly before everything went silent.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Anise let Lucifer help her to her feet, she swayed a bit unsteadily before she regained her balance.

"Thanks." She mumbled, blinking up at him before she turned towards the ruins of the arena,

"Will amare be okay?" She asked out loud. A familiar figure ran past her and her gaze met up with Lucille's, Anise grasped Lucifer's shirt in slight unease. Her hair was ruffled, cascading down her back and spilling slightly over her shoulders, Anise looked a bit out of it but she felt a lot better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back