• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Hunt on the Deviants

Leven sighed and dropped his hands to his sides, leaning back against the wall.

"Look, I know I'm not exactly a nice person, or gor that matter particularly good at helping people or offering assistance. I just want to get a chance to be able to do just that, and you help everyone, hell you saved someone's life today. I felt that it was time someone did the same for you."

The words tumbled from his mouth in a quick and steady stream so he wouldn't wimp out midway through. Unfortunately towards the end Leven still trailed off and lowered his gaze, biting his tongue in the hope he hadn't completely just made a fool of himself.

Leven flinched slightly and fidgeted with his hands, staring down at them as if they held the secret of life or some other absurdly important thing. Fuck, he needed to stop putting himself in these awkward situations.

It happened to him at least 10 timesas much as the average 19 year old. Aside from being nicer it sounded like Leven could also use some practice with socialization.

Lucina blinked in surprise. "You helped me today," she reminded him, remembering when she'd ordered someone to start binding the other's wounds while she worked on Tommy. He'd done that and then even offered to give her some of his energy so she could keep helping the injured. She wanted to reassure him, but she wasn't sure how to word it without making things even more awkward. "Please don't feel like you have to help me, though. I don't want you to feel... obligated. I'm just weak and need to practice healing more often, then this wouldn't happen," she explained through her teeth. It was embarrassing to admit to her weakness.

Leven chuckled slightly and shook his head, wondering how a girl could be as nice as the one standing before him right now.

"Alright, alright, fair enough, but unfortunately practicing isn't really an option when you're depleted. If you'd rather I can go in the nurses office and get the crutches for you. I was able to transport the medical supplies back with me last time, it should work with the crutches as well."

He offered, using what she'd said earlier about the crutches to come up with another plan she might be more comfortable with.

"But if I'm being honest here, you'd probably have trouble using those as well since they involve upper body strength which you don't have much of in your current state. Really it'd be easier if I either carried you back or just supposrted you. If not then we'll be staying here for a while before you're strong enough to move on your own again."

Leven said, he didn't want to discourage her, but he felt that it was just as bad to get her hopes up, it was probably better to just be honest with what he thought was the truth at the moment. He didn't like their options though. Not that Leven minded helping her, Lucina just seemed so uncomfortable with it he had a suspicion they would end up waiting there instead of going. But whatever worked best for her, he was ok with, he did want to help after all.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lucina nodded slowly. He was right, she doubted she'd be able to use the crutches even though it had been her idea in the first place. "If you could just let me hold onto your arm or something," she said softly, "Then that'd probably work." She winced at her own choice of words. She was just trying so hard to not make things awkward that she was unintentionally looking awkward.

Leven let out a sigh, his lips forming the ghost of a barely recognizable smile. He gingerly lifted her left arm up to his left ahoulder and held it up, then wrapped his right arm around her back to hold her up and take away the strain on her other arm.

"There, is that alright?"

He aaid, barely keeping his voice from cracking as he fought to get a somewhat unawkward position. Unfortunately that was kind of hard, but he didn't mind it at all, its not like he had feelings for Lucina, then it would be truly awkward.

Luckily (he hoped) that wasn't the case and Leven was able to stay focused on just trying to help her out, not making it into a big deal. But no matter how many excuses you made, from a different point of view, well, the situation... looked different.

"Yes, that's perfect," she replied. She tried for a few moments to support her own weight, but finally relaxed and leaned against his side. She wasn't in pain, exactly, she was just weak. Hopefully she wasn't too much of a burden. They awkwardly walked at a slow pace towards the classroom, which was thankfully not so far away. "Thank you," she said after a long moment of silence. "I uh, really appreciate it. AndI'msorryyouhavetodothis," she added all in rush, staring down on the school's tiled floor.

"One day when you have a papercut or somethin', I'll repay you," she joked weakly.

Tommy sat on his vantage point, which was on top of a 20 story building. He took aim down his sniper rifles scope, breathing heavily. He made almost every attempt he could of stabilizing his breath, moving the crosshairs toward The Old Mans head. His skin hurt from all the gear he was carrying, but it had to be done. It was worth it. The Old Man was smiling, talking to a couple of other hunters, smiling. The bastard was smiling. He took a look at The Old Mans arm, a couple new checkmarks were on it. They 'had' to be his baby momma and kid's... Tommy took the shot before moving the crosshairs back to The Old Mans head, blowing his arm off. "Shit..." Tommy quickly collapsed his rifle and entered the building again, running down the stairs at a quick pace. He didn't bother flinching from the sound of covering fire from the other hunters. A bullet managed to break past the building defenses and hit Tommy's leg, making him fall down the stairs. Once he hit the bottom, adrenaline quickly shot him up; him now pulling out his 1911. He heard footsteps running up the stairs; so he crouched down and took aim. He wasn't about to die today.

Once they areived he helped her peop up against the wall by the door. At her words, Leven finally cracked that smile and nodded, opening the classrom door and holding it for her. "

I simply can't wait." He said, still smiling softly and gesturing for her to go in.

"By the way, I'm always happy to help, you aren't a burden at all, you're more helpful than many others I know, so don't sell yourself short." Leven added, giving her a somewhat meaningful look.

Ari looked up, mentally steeling herself for the worst. God damnit. Why was she so sensitive, so weak? So gullible? She didn't speak, pretending to be asleep.

Lucina sank down onto the floor gratefully, pulling her knees underneath her and leaning against the wall. She glanced at Ari, smiling at the sleeping girl when Leven spoke to her again. She chewed her lip as her looked at her meaningfully, her own green eyes wide with surprise. She was surprised at his praise- she didn't think she was helpful, exactly. She just didn't want anyone to be hurt. Wouldn't most people in her position do the same?

"Thank you," she whispered, looking at Ari again before turning her gaze back to him. "For helping and... for that. But don't sell yourself short either. I wouldn't have even know about the fight if it wasn't for you." She smiled broadly for a moment, a dimple appearing in her left cheek. "By the way... what you can do is so cool."

He roled his eyes but couldn't help the bit of pride from her praise od his ability, Leven had never really thought about it like that. But he supposed that yes, it was pretty unusual, and nodded at Luxina, coming over and sitting against the wall a footaway from her.

"Thanks, it's tiring and nauseating but yeah I guess it is pretty cool. I just wish I could do something useful. Ya know? What you can do, it helps people, makes a difference, mine, wel it's not much more than cool."

Leven said softly, pushing his glasses up and leaning his head back against the wall. He took a moment to relax, take a few breaths, close his eyes. It helped keep him calm when he got thinking about things that upset him too much. Which happened a lot. More than seemed normal.

"It was helpful today," she disagreed lightly. She tried once again to rub the dried, brown blood off her hands as she spoke. "And I'm sure you can find ways for it to continue to be helpful. Get a view of your surroundings or somethin'." She dropped the topic, though she wanted to ask him a million questions.

"Besides, mine's only useful on days like today... which is never. Most of the time I'm using it to soothe my brother's muscles when he gets home from hockey," she pouted. In a society where Deviants were hated, she'd probably never get to use her power to its full extent.

He thought about what she said for a moment, stomach twisting slifhtly when she mentioned her brother, but he brushed it away. Leven frowned and lifted his head slightly.

"Couldn't you heal someone from a distance? That way they wouldn't know who did it but they'd still get better?"

He suggested, though he figured she'd already thought of this, it was likely that she had to onbe touching the wound or something to fix it.

Leven looked down and furrowed his eyebrows, now perplexed. There had to be a way she could use her powers without getting in trouble with those who disliked deviants. If not, what was the point of having such a power?

"Oh, maybe you could use it when ever you were in crowds of people, brush past them and then they'd get healed without knowing who did it. Of course, that wouldn't work if your power required prolonged contact... huh."

"It always works better when I have my hands directly over the injury, but if I've healed someone once before then I can heal them again without touching them if I really concentrate," she explained. "And then there's familiarity. The more I heal someone, the easier it gets. It seems to be work better the more regularly I use it. When I stop for a while, it's... harder. I lose all my energy- well, you see what it does to me." She did feel better than she had even ten minutes ago. Color was starting to fill back into her white lips and cheeks. "I wouldn't want to use it in public because... you know. The government has us all on file. If they somehow figured out I was using it..."

He nodded slowly and frowned, maybe her ability wasn't as great as he'd originally thought.

"That must be horrible, having the ability to heal people but unable to use it because our stupid world is afraid od people who are different. "

Leven ahook his head and sighed softly, he was startinf to see how Lucina's ability was more of a curse than a blessing. He was suddenlyquite happy not to have to deal with that burden.

Leven couldn't imagine how frustrating it would be, hell he got frustrated when he couldn't physically do somethinf, but to be able to do it juat not allowed to, damn. Lucina seemed like quite the impressive figure now to be able to withstand all of that.

"That sucks, I'm sorry you have to live with it."

Ari stayed silent, sitting up and now listening to the conversation. How cool would it be if she could do something useful? She sank into her chair silently, watching the sky darken.

"Oh no, no need to feel sorry," she said said hurriedly. "As far as things go, I'm so lucky. I just hope that one day I'll be able to use my... my gift, ya know?"

She shifted slowly, stretching her arms out in front of her until her joints popped. "Can I ask about your ability? I'm kinda curious as to how you found out what you can do," she said carefully. "I completely understand if it's private or something, though. If you don't want to talk about it just tell me to butt the hell out, okay?"

He chuckled somewhat nervously and shook his head, looking down.

"Nah its fine, I don't mind you asking, it's not exactly a story people like hearing I guess, kinda personal. But I mean we've already saved some lives together, so we might as well get to know eachother better."

Leven said, the slight sarcasm evident in his voice as he turned to look at her again.

"But maybe you wouldn't mind going somewhere else..? Haha, sorry it's a weird request, I'm juat a bit.."

He trailed off and tilted his head towards the rest of the room before lifting an eyebrow in the hopes she understood what he was saying. It wasn't exactly something he needed everyone here to hear about it.

Lucina immediately sprung to her feet, wobbling a bit before regaining her balance. "I'm good," she said proudly when she was stable. She of course wouldn't be running any marathons soon, but she could at least walk now. She walked out into the hall, stopping almost on the far end of the hallway they were on.

"This good?" She questioned, tilting her head.

Eizan sighed as he finally sat down in class, desperately trying not to fall asleep on the spot. He had never used his power so much that he collapsed from it, especially not when he was using lighter elements and molecules... Before Lucina and Leven left, Eizan spoke softly "T-thanks for saving me back there" a light smile formed on his face.

(Shit... I didn't post this yet... I am so sorry @Zelda18, I've been trying to join another roleplay and multitasking with way too many things. I got this whole reply typed up then apparently didn't post it. Sorry!)

Leven followed her out and nodded, then slumped into a sitting position, legs crossed against the wall. He stayes silent for a couple moments, before finally lifting his gaze and deciding to speak.

"When it, ah, when I found out, I was 4. As a kid, I got thrown around a lot, I had never met my dad, and my mom, well, she had a couple problems and was often.. out, getting them fixed. That left me in many a group home, etcetera, and one night when I'd had a bit of a falling out with the other kids, I locked myself in my room and just sorta wished I was in a park. Someplace other than the home. And all of a sudden, well, I was. Kinda nice, ya know? To be able to escape like that? Anyways, after that night I experimented, tried new things, until I was figured out how to steal things without anyone knowing I'd even been there. I used what I took to get out of that home when I was about 6 and eventually found myself a little kid street gang of sorts. Of course they kicked me out soon as they found out about what I could do, but I was able to keep using my ability to survive, and, uh, yeah..."

Leven trailed off suddenly when he realized how much he'd said, and his eyes widened as he clamped his mouth shut and averted his eyes. Fuck. Now she thinks I'm some pity case. He winced slightly and fixated his gaze on the ground, hoping he hadn't ruined anything too badly by letting himself say too much.

(It's no problem :D )

Lucina listened with the same even expression, playing with a curl of her hair while he talked. She looked at him for a long moment when he stopped speaking abruptly, wondering what had caused the shift. It's probably just difficult to speak about it, she reasoned to herself. Especially to someone he doesn't know very well.

"That sucks," she finally said bluntly. "When I was six, I'm pretty sure I wasn't doing much besides watching cartoons. I can't imagine..." She did feel bad for him, of course, but she knew he didn't want her pity. She saw his story as kind of badass, actually. How the hell had he managed to survive all this time? She looked over at him again, her mouth hanging slightly agape.

When there were no sighs or comforting pats or 'im so sorry's, Leven frowned slightly, perplexed, and lifted his head up a bit, only to find her shocked agape expression, making him drop his gaze again, eyes wide with something of confusion. But leven quickly brushed it away and covered himself in his mask again, looking at her with one raised eyebrow and a curious expression.

"I had to grow up fast anyway, I'm sure that if you'd been jn the same situation you would've adapted well enough."

Although her reaction confused him, from what Leven had seen so far of Lucina, he figured she'd be sympathetic snd gushy and pitying, he was actaully glad. Relieved. This was certainly refreshing, a good change of pace.

".... What..?"

He finally asked, tone slightly exhasperated, even annoyed perhaps.

(I hate to do this to you, but I feel like my posts are loosing quality and I'm having trouble keeping my eyes open, so I think I'm going to sleep. I'm really sorry, again, I can be back in the morning to continue but I'm just tired right now so yeah, sorry ><)

(No worries you're all good xD )

She nodded at what he said of adaption. There was no way to know for certain, but she probably would've found a way to survive. Still didn't make his story any less impressive to her.

"S-sorry!" She apologized when he caught her staring, looking down at her hands immediately with her face burning. "I just, uh..." She swallowed. "I just find it kind of impressive, that's all. That you could deal with that all without any help, you know?" Lucina definitely wasn't the type to like being alone. Actually living on her own would be a nightmare of sorts.

"Can't believe the kid went down man... He's... 'The Kid' after all!" Tommy was strapped to the trunk of a moving car, with a bullet wound to the shoulder and stomach. He was bleeding out fairly quickly, and his vision began to blur. "It was like an action movie dog! Bullets everywhere, he killed like 6 of our guys!" One of the hunters sitting in the backseat spat out the window and looked toward the back of the car. "That mother fucker man... Why would he turn on The Old Man? He's been nothing but accepting towards his situation... He's a freakin kid man!" They made their way towards their old bar, where Tommy would most likely be executed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back