• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Flamel Academy (Main)

what should be the first enemy that attacks the school?

• Army of Undead

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Night Creatures (vampires and Ghouls)

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Army of Cats and Crows

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Nikola "Niko" Hohenheim
Mentions:
Interactions: Orin Orin , Dest Dest , Ginko The Mushishi Ginko The Mushishi , xpstitch xpstitch , Rcticwolf Rcticwolf , DarkKitsune DarkKitsune
As people have gone through the process of finding their own element and how to activate their aura Niko stood there beside Chimera, thinking of his own image to think of. Yet it was a hard task for him for he had several finally settling down with a bunsen burner as he was most familiar with how it looked and was used. Niko wanted to calm Chimera down but it seemed that one way or another she could calm herself down by her own will or maybe with the help of her familiar, either way, it was good to see the little one overcome a part of themselves to be better.

And when it came to be Chimera’s turn he could only feel proud of her as if she was slowly becoming his new little sister, which does feel weird for Niko but it begins to grow on him. So when she came back and sat near him he only gave her head a few pats and a quick smile before standing up just as his name was said.

“Nikola Hohenheim”

It was finally his turn at this whole thing, truthfully at this moment he was equally as excited as he was nervous, but he had to bear it in himself for now, after all, nothing good comes out of being too emotional and impulsive.

"Do you have an image?“

Asked Joan, but Niko nodded affirmatively in reply. Then to concentrate he closed his eyes and imagined things, first came the bunsen burner itself, and then he imagined his own aura being the gas that it burns, he slowly fed the aura into his imagined burner and lit it aflame, its imaginary flame slowly turned from pale orange to dark blue, meanwhile outside of his imagination. His aura began to slowly flare up as if it pulsed ever so slowly, but it picked up the intensity and speed, only fully releasing when his imaginary flame burned a stable kind of blue flame, did his aura begin to form around his body magnificently. It was hard to turn off his aura but he did succeed, it felt like it didn’t want to simmer down and be sealed back up inside him but the lesson needed to proceed and his element was already chosen for him, that card that went aflame, Bipi with his familiar of flame and heat speech, and Nikos own affinity to it meant only one of those four elements was meant for him, so he stepped in front of Josh and said proudly.

“I wish to pursue the art of Fire, as it is a force to be respected, one without which our ancestors could not survive, and yet it's the one that takes the most lives.”

Josh grinned at Niko’s answer and shook his head a bit before coming towards him and placing his hand upon the boy’s head while speaking.

“It is said that the Magic of Air, Water, or even Earth is the most powerful magic of all. They are wrong. The Magic of Fire surpasses all others.”

“Fire is destruction, it can burn fields, and terraform forests.”
Niko’s head held steadfast as images of a rolling fire burning through crops and jumping over houses, an infernal blaze spreading through an oakwood forest until there was nothing left.
“Fire is life, it can seal wounds and stop bleeding. Heal grievous wounds and keep warm during cold nights.”
The images shifted from the burning forest to a cold desolate landscape with nothing but snow as far as the eye could see. A small fire blazed to life in front of him and Niko felt warmth, his cold hands stopped shivering and he sighed in relief at the feeling.
“Fire is also creation, a product of the imagination”
The landscape shifted again to an open field, firecrackers lit up the sky and burst into numerous colors and shapes. Butterflies made of dazzling fire danced through the fields and swirls of smoke molded to take the shapes of animals.
“Do not the power of fire lightly, wield this power with the knowledge that fire can be unforgiving.”
Niko stumbled backward out of Josh’s grip
“Now Niko,” Josh spoke
“Look at your fingertip and imagine a small flame. focus.”

Niko wanting to add a bit of flair of his own to the demonstration of the elements prepared his fingers to snap while tapping into his aura letting it flow through him and outwards to flare up this spark and form a flame, leaving the opening act to his snap. As to finish it Niko opened his eyes and snapped his finger swiftly unleashing his aura.

Yet this time it was different, his normally red aura flickered with that pallid azure flame, casting an eerie radiance that seemingly penetrated the veil of some sort as vestiges of flaming skulls appeared within it, their hollow eye sockets staring out of the ethereal blaze with a ghastly intensity. Not to mention the haunting cadence of the grandfather clock which reverberated through the room like a solemn toiling of a funeral bell a mournful reminder of moments slipping away from us, a shadow of mortality so to speak. It was seen and heard by probably everyone in the room, except for Niko himself as the only thing he saw was a crimson-red flame hovering above his hand, as for the sound he only heard his old pocket watch ticking away, for all that was simply happening behind him out of his view. Being satisfied with his flame he extinguished it, and along with that the sound of bells and the hellish flames disappeared as well.

"I think this is enough for right now." Niko said to himself only to return to his seat not minding the gazes of anyone else at his macabre show.

Ember chuckled “like watching children learning to walk” her words were meant to be quiet, but they weren’t and everyone was able to hear it

Blake smiled from his place in the back, softly stroking Serena as he ignored a few jealous looks around him. It seemed that some of his classmates were going to be jealous of the small group of them that had been able to awaken familiars, no matter. He would have to win them over with actions, not words it seemed. Looking up at the small shouts he watched, somewhat amused, as what looked to be that James guys familiar ran around a small group, surprising and slightly scaring them. Well, that was going to make things a bit harder if the others didn't want to play nice, but not his concern really. As long as one person among their group kept a good relationship with the rest of the school than the others could always be brought back in if they really needed to be. For now though...

Blake watched as the mythical French figure began the class, introducing their elemental instructors once more and introducing them to how the class would proceed. He continued to watch as students were called, forwards, both those among his dorm and others choosing, or perhaps finding would be the better term, the element that they would learn and which spoke to them the greatest. From Eli and Chimera with their element of Water, to Rory with his element of Air, and James and Niko finding their strengths in Earth and Fire respectively. And then, finally, he heard what he had been waiting on.

"Blake Forbes" The Maid of Orléans called his name at last, the words beckoning him forth to the front of the classroom at last. "Blake, do you have an image in mind?"

"I do," Within his mind an image came forth of a fuel truck, the kind that his family used to transport gas between the large machines they made a living with. With a small mental effort, he turned on the pump, causing the scent of Apple Cinnamon to radiate from him. With a small grimace he stopped the flow of Aura, his skipping of breakfast doing him no favors in keeping it going for long.

"Excellent Blake, now you will choose your Element," the French woman smiled once more, motioning to the professors arrayed nearby. Taking a bare moment to think, mostly just to allow his mind to catch up, the Georgian teen stepped forwards towards the Professor of Earth.

"My magic is of the Earth I reckon, been growing things nearly since I was born and ma family's been making a living off the earth even longer en that," The teen smiled easily, hiding the inner nervousness that plagued him about this major step.

"It is said that the Magic of Air, Water, or even Fire is the most powerful magic of all. They are wrong. The Magic of Earth surpasses them all,“ Agnes began her speech, a gleam in her eye. "The magic of Earth can rip down Cities and create canyons and valleys out of the mightiest of Mountains, it is unyielding to its enemies and provides a bulwark to its allies. Earth creates life, providing the world with all manner of plants and animals, but so too does it bring death upon the very same." As the old woman spoke, images came to Blake's mind. Images of cities crumbling under the might of earthquakes, mountains and plains being reduced to gaping holes in the ground in mere moment. But, at the same time, images of beautiful forests and meadows as well as massive gatherings of animals made themselves seen. "Now Mr. Forbes, bring forth the earth that resides within you."

Closing his eyes and taking a deep breath, Blake focused on the world around him. After a few moments he felt something, deciding to pull upon it as he activated his aura. His body shuddered as he felt something massive under his feet, a dawning awareness to the sheer power contained within the world around him. The Georgian took another deep breath before he continued, drawing upon this overwhelming force and borrowing naught but a bare sliver of its power, a small smattering of hard rock flowing like water from the floor of the classroom up his leg and covering his hands. Opening his eyes Blake gave a tired smile, staring at the proof that he had made the right decision. It wasn't much, the material barely enough to make a layer the size of a hair, but it was a start all the same.​

🍩CHIMERA KINDEL🍪
INTERACTION: Orin Orin Megilagor Megilagor Dest Dest Ginko The Mushishi Ginko The Mushishi xpstitch xpstitch Rcticwolf Rcticwolf

• library time!

After classes, Chimera had gone to the library, the presentation was still stuck in her head from earlier. She understood that storms had their impact, but she didn't think she needed a visual of dead animals, yet it was scarred into her head and if there was going to be a lesson on why to be careful of the elements that would do it. She had remembered Niko and Blake's different illustrations...she didn't know how or why Niko did that with his flames, and she didn't quite understand what was up with his aura. She did find it interesting that the two who seemed to have chosen earth in form dorm 32 had two completely different showcases for it. Black had a rock... James, as terrifying as he was, had grown a flower.... Stepping out of her thoughts, she had out a hand on the walls of the Yggdrasil. She didn't want to get lost and did not have the libraries' location memorized, so she used that trick that the Torc Allta had shown them earlier. She put her hand on the door and closed her eyes and focused. She would then let the light of her aura lead the way. Once at the library she quietly looked through its sections... 'Water...the bringer of life...water the death bringer...I want to sustain life' she thought to herself as she began to grab books on the matter of healing some had also been very dusty. While she was grabbing books on anything involved with 'healing', she had also grabbed books involved with plant remedies. Once she had a nice sizable pile of books in her arms, she carefully made her way to a table and took a book off the top.

"Are you sure you can read that much?"

She had only nodded her head at her familiar. Before opening one of the books from her pile.

IMG_1983.jpeg
Eli Nestler
Interactions: DarkKitsune DarkKitsune

After class ended, Eli was determined to find out what the professors meant when they taught him how to control his aura. He stood up, grabbed his bag, and headed towards the library where they had performed the familiar ritual the night before with yorrick close on his heels. “Eli if you are going to walk this fast can you at least pick me up?” Yorrick grumbled. Eli chuckled as he stopped and scooped Yorrick in his arms “sorry bud” he said rubbing Yorrick’s head before counting his stride down the hall with the cyan light of his aura guiding the way. He reached the library and immediately gathered all the books he could find on the elder called Neptune, with the few books in hand he also grabbed a book about aura control and another on water magic.

As he was looking for a place to sit, he noticed Chimera and her familiar at a table with a rather large pile of books. He walked over to her table, “chimera, right?” He asked as he placed his own pile of books on the table next to hers “cool name by the way” he said as he sat down and opened a book before a thought came across his brain “say” he started looking over to the girl “you wouldn’t happen to know anything about Greek and Roman mythology would you?” He asked with a small smile, Yorrick sitting on his lap peering over at the fox cub with a small head tilt.

🍩CHIMERA KINDEL🍪
INTERACTION: Orin Orin Megilagor Megilagor (mention)

• Knowledge is a well that can't quench one's thirst- Hyacinth Marsh (A OC of mine)

The first book that Chimera managed to skim through was centered around the workings of aura and how it could be utilized for healing and enhancing purposes. For Chimera, it truly began to feel like aura usage held no limits--but she knew it did. However, its limitations were that one's body over usage could cause one to combust. However, she also learned that the aura replenished itself over time but also through eating, sleeping and sunbathing....now that Chimera thought about it, Siren did say something about the sleeping thing, didn't she? She shook her head. Once she finished, she pushed the book slightly in front of her, creating what was a mentally a 'has been read' pile. She proceeded to take a book from the pile. This one was focused more on herbal remedies than anything when she heard the sounds of something being put on the desk, which made her jump a bit in response to the sudden noise. She looked at the boy who had sat at the table with his own stack of readable materials, which made her wonder what he was trying to read about. And then Eli started speaking to her, asking.

"Chimera, right?”

Chimera nodded, he wasn't intimidating, it was just...he was the second person that day to just start talking to her unprompted...was everyone so extroverted? It perhaps wasn't a bad thing, but Chimera was trying to get out of her shell no matter her feeling like there was a heavy weight in her stomach brought each time Chimera's mixed-matched eyes gazed at where her familiar was,
    Siren hung her head out of Chimera's bag before saying.

"You can do it. Go on..."

Though she appreciated the encouragement, what wasn't helping was the fact that
    Siren was just staring at Eli's polar bear as if she was trying to find out if the baby polar bear was a danger or not. Siren's eyes seemed to even refuse to focus on something else, which was strange considering she didn't act that way with Niko's familiar Bipi. Chimera started fidgeting with her bracelet. Knowledge of Greek and Roman mythology? Perhaps there was a possible elder that interested Eli. She responded with.

"I kn..know some about Roman and Greek myths..."

Rory Black

The class seemed to move on at a considerable pace afterwards, and Rory would brood with his hands under his chin all the while. Aria's words had shaken him from Breakfast..

"You know how it feels to be hurt by something you can't control!"
Aria's squeaky tone echoed throughout the dark walls of his mind. Rory did indeed know just how it felt to be ridiculed or made fun of. He gently gripped a strand of his snow white hair and grumbled to himself over something miniscule.. The familiar was right, and it rubbed Rory in a way that wasn't entirely unpleasant; perhaps more surprised than anything.
Rory glanced over to where James was sitting. Paying Rory no mind even from earlier, it gave Rory a boost of confidence to at least apologize. If the man had been staring daggers the entire class...Well Rory would have thrown in the towel far too easily.

So Rory stood up after class was dismissed, and made his way directly to James' seat.

Rory's eyes bore into James for a good few seconds, before he finally exhaled a great and heavy sigh of courage. He immediately bent over for a bow.

"I....I apologize for this morning. My words- They were cold and it was uncouth of me to disregard your friendly invitation. I know I'm not particularly worth an acceptance of apology but I can respect if you need time. Aria, on the other hand...I do apologize for her actions as well- she saw you as friendly and I suppose she wanted to share her food with you...In the only way she knew how. But none of it makes it right."
Rory seemed to be uncomfortable, due to never having to apologize to others- even having the chance to interact with someone made Rory feel uncomfortable: He never needed to talk to anyone back in Ireland. Only his mother and father, really... He was stepping out of a major comfort zone, just taking the step to announce an apology.

Rory wasn't into receiving accolades for it though, and when he returned from bowing he looked at James with what could only be described as a crooked smile, the boy was truly trying his best..

"If...If you wanted....I would not mind sitting next to you for Dinner....Or breakfast tomorrow..."
Aria chimed in "I give you fluffy bits and no spits!" She flapped her tiny wings in excitement.
"I'm sorry for the intrusion, though....I'll be going now." Rory didn't wait for James to give him an answer, or accept the apology. Rory seemed to beeline it straight to the classroom door and out in the halls. He wanted to desperately return to his secret spot; and find more along the way...

Code by Nano

The youth had seen Chimera take her turn and cocked a brow, as well as tilt his head.

*Now what is she-*, James thought as he looked around to see where Chimera was channeling her power. But he saw it.

*Fine control?*

James couldn't help but smile a genuine smile minus any filter at that sight. She possibly and probably missed it but James did also give her a warm smile and a silent nod of thanks for her consideration when he could. DarkKitsune DarkKitsune

He was possibly thinking too much of it of course. Perhaps she was simply considerate and so meant no message towards him at all... but he still liked it.

To him she was not there to show off the magnitude of her power or anything of that sort.

Hearing Niko's words surrounding fire, he got some odd feeling in him. He had decided to reserve judgment, but when the sounds of some eerie clock tolling coincided with blue flaming skulls-... James's lips could only twitch and his brows knit into worry. Megilagor Megilagor

*Not sure which movie that is from but God willing-... he's just really good at scaring folks*

The thing surrounding Niko had already set him on edge when he heard Ember's unintentional comment.

The look he had shot her was perhaps too sour as a result. Rcticwolf Rcticwolf

*How great can you be if I just got here and got myself a familiar when you couldn't?*. That was one thing that sprang to mind at the comment he didn't like. But he quickly weighed the benefits to speaking it aloud and elected against it.

In his peeved state he imagined some horribly wrinkled crone representing the girl's inner self. *Just look at that dry, cracked, leathery skin...*

"There's no anti-wrinkle cream for personalities" James shot at her, perhaps merely confusing her if not seeming foolish.

With great fortune however, it would seem that Rory had come to interject himself for some attempt at an apology.

James was about half listening to him speak, his lizard watching his back in case Ember decided his exit couldn't wait and should instead be in a casket. Ginko The Mushishi Ginko The Mushishi

"Well let me come with you" James called as he began to follow, trusting that some teacher or other knew enough to call for a cage to put her in or whatever they did in this place (if she decided to lash out at him).

"Honestly would have let you go on your way maybe, but I feel like I needed to get out of there" James explained as he debated whether he ought to give Rory's apology any mind at all, all things considered.

"We don't have to say anything to each other if you don't want. Let's just walk together for safety since that might not have been my finest moment just before you came to me" he explained, insisting on following him.

Nikola "Niko" Hohenheim
Mentions:
Interactions: Orin Orin , DarkKitsune DarkKitsune

The classes have ended for now, Niko was still noting stuff down in his notebook when he heard something in his head, it was a strangely familiar voice albeit he did not remember whose it was almost a primal response of fondness. What spooked Niko though was the fact that no one else heard it only him, not even Bipi heard it.
"Go to the library. Find the traces. Learn of your heritages. Find us!"
This time this voice was clear and he could understand its message. but who were they, what was the heritage he was meant to find, and why were people looking at him weirdly like that. No matter, Niko picked up Bipi into his arms and walked towards the library as he was guided by the lights of the Yggdrasil there, along the way he asked something to his familiar.
"Hey Bipi, do you think I'm weird?" His familiar swiftly replied in his anime like voice . "Of course you are weird, but don't get me wrong everyone is weird in their own way, hel you wouldn't normally see a fennec fox this fluffy before would you. Before your awakening you didn't believe in magic and it was weird to you but now its normal cause you got used to it. There isn't a single normal thing in this world normalcy is just a societal construct made to steer the populace." At his familiars words Niko felt weirded out, but after a bit he shrugged and accepted that his words were in fact a reality, normalcy was after all decided by others.

When Niko arrived at the library he saw Chimera and Eli drowning themselves with books it was an interesting sight to say the least, but he had to make do with what the voice said to him. Albeit manners were manners so he nodded in their direction as he started wandering within the countless bookshelves of the library trying to find the traces the voice spoke off, during which he put Bipi in his satchel as he wanted to procure some books that might help him with it, he was interested in or he simply felt drawn to them. It did take him a while to gather a small stack of twelve books hoping that at least one would help him understand what the voice spoke off. That said he needed a place to sit and read and there was no better place than with his two friends Chimera and Eli.
"Hello both of you! And hello to you to Siren and ... Sorry I didn't get your name so do not mind me calling you cub till I learn your name. Is it alright with both of you that i sit with all of you? I have some books to read myself and a mystery to solve so to speak, so don't mind me albeit I am willing to share anything that I know off, if I know it that is." Having said that Niko awaited their acceptance of his presence before he sat down with them, so with his stack of twelve books on his right and Bipi fast asleep in his satchel, Niko had one important decision to make, will he confine with them about that weird voice only he apparently heard, or will he keep it with himself for now. Deciding not to worry his peers he picked a book or two from the stack. Now before him laid a book about Norse sagas and Faust, two completely unrelated books but strangely he felt drawn to both of them, Niko thought hard about it but without really thinking he spoke his thoughts out loud albeit a bit silently never the less his current library companions could clearly hear him. "Why is it the two of you that i am drawn to. Are you the traces the voice told me about, or is it that I'm going mad like gramps." So he opened both books and began reading them together.

Rolling his shoulder as he left the classroom, Blake glanced around as his dormmates dispersed. Wincing as his stomach grumbled, the Georgian teen began to wander in the direction that he remembered the cafeteria being, hoping that there would be some food ready for anyone who wanted an early lunch or a late breakfast or, failing that, some ingredients that he could get to make himself something simple to tide him over to the next full meal. He was starving since he had missed breakfast after all.

"You should be far more careful to eat all your meals in the future my bonded," Serena whispered into his ear, the young badger laying across his neck as she chuffed in amusement. "Especially since you had plenty of time to do so this morning before you decided to not believe that you truly held magic."

"Whats wrong with me thinking this was a dream, ain't the first time I've had something similar after all," Blake gave a half-hearted glare at his familiar, a small smile forcing its way to his face even as he did so. "Course, last time it was I got kicked in the head by a stubborn mule. Danged thing was still a pain in my rear for two years after that fore we sold it."

"And I'm sure you were still sad to see it go oh heart of my heart, but I would request you hurry. I am connected to your own aura after all, and I am ravenous just as you are," the badger gently urged him forward, the both of them continuing to shoot snide remarks back and forth as they did so.

"How, how are those boars better cooks than me!?" Blake stared into nothingness, a look of shock remaining on his face now that he acknowledged how good the school's food truly was. The teen had managed to eat a full four plates of food in an amazingly short amount of time, the growing hunger pangs finally abating as the final one had been devoured. "I've been trying to learn for nearly a decade, only to find out literal boars are better at it than I am!?" The teen ignored the continued laughter of his familiar, the badger having been listening to his short rant for the last several minutes.

"Perhaps that shall remain a mystery for now, I believe you should move on though soul of my soul," The badger soothed her partner, attempting to direct him into a more useful avenue of inquiry. "You should travel to the library, and learn all that you can now that you know that the events that have occurred are real."

"Yea, I suppose that I should," The Georgian sighed, running a hand through his hair. "God, this is going to be one hell of a story for Jane..."

Renelliot “Eli” Nestler
Interactions: DarkKitsune DarkKitsune Megilagor Megilagor

Eli grinned before holding up a book with the emblem of a trident on it “the Roman god Neptune” he started, opening the book “known to the Greeks as Poseidon” he read “during the lesson, the professors said my aura reminded them of an elder and then hinted for me to research Neptune” he spoke before sighing “though I’m not sure what my aura has to do with a mythical person…” he paused for a second before chuckling “then again, I guess nothing is really myth anymore is it?” He asked. It had only been a few days since he was ripped from his life, his ambitions, and his family. It hurt to think about what he left behind but he was an adult, chimera however was actually a kid.

He closed the book and looked chimera in the eyes, her mismatched colors shocking Eli for a moment ‘I never noticed that’ he thought to himself before re focusing “hey, are you ok?” He asked, Yorrick looking up at him curiously “a lot has happened over the last few days and well…” he paused not sure how to word it in a way that wouldn’t offend her “you’re the youngest out of us at the dorm and..” he paused again, twisting his fingers around in Yorrick’s fur softly “I feel like no one has asked if we are ok so that’s what I’m doing….are you ok?” He finally asked again, a look of pure sincerity drawn across his brown skin.

Yorrick looked up at his master ‘didn’t he just meet her? And he’s worried about her’ the bear thought to himself before retiring his gaze to the fox pup, he scratched his ear before giving his best attempt at a smile which turned into an awkward toothy grin. Eli looked up from chimera before she could respond at the voice of Niko “this is Yorrick” Eli responded and Yorrick gave a small nod as Niko sat down to attend to his books. Eli peered over to Chimera before sighing and opening his book again “if you need to talk to anyone, I’m here” he tacked on, turning the page as his eyes widened

Ember wondered the halls of flamel academy, her mind still occupied by the fact she failed to summon a familiar. “Why couldn’t I do it? Why didn’t it work?” She asked herself as she continued walking. She passed by the library and saw a few of her classmates reading some books. “These humans were able to do it, is that why I can’t? Because I’m not human?” She wondered before lightly smacking her cheeks and shaking her head “no that’s ridiculous, I am half human and besides they said the ability to summon a familiar was ancient elder magic.” She said to herself and turned to continue her stroll.

Ember was so distracted by her thoughts that she didn’t even realize where she was going and soon found herself outside the front doors staring into the void that housed the great tree. “Huh?? What?!” She stated with a stunned expression when she realized where she was and sighed before finding a place to sit.

“I really wish you were still here mom, I could use your comforting words” she stared into the void while holding her flute.

🍩CHIMERA KINDEL🍪
INTERACTION: Orin Orin Megilagor Megilagor

• Here's how it goes..

"Depends..."

She muttered when Eli had said 'then again, I guess nothing is really a myth anymore, is it?'. It was easy to believe that but also easy to wonder if everything was actually real. Like the minotaur, and quite frankly, that didn't help ease her nerves at all. But she had to think positive about stuff like...the minotaur was killed...but if that was true, then Theseus was real.
    Siren pawed had Chimera before she could mentally go down that rabbit hole. Right She was asked if she knew anything about myths, not to daze off.

"Poseiden... Neptune... he's present in the myth of A-Asterius. Better known as The M-Minotaur....when K-King Mino-s was competing with his b-brothers for the throne of C-Crete island he prayed to Poseiden for a snow w-hite bull to show his favor. He needed to sacrifice it to Poseiden. But ap-apprantly the bull was b-beautiful and decided to keep it. Opting for a substitute sacrifice Poseiden d-didn't like that. And then cursed Minos w-ife Pasiphae to fall in l-love with the bull. She had a c-craftsman named D-Daedalus to make a wooden cow so she c-could mate with the c-cow...th-en the Min-Minotaur was born."

She explained as she spun the beads in her bracelet. She then added.

"He h-helped Aid in the d-defeat of Kronos, and notably had a con-test between Athena or Minerva in f-for the city of Athens..."

She was trying to recall more for Eli, perhaps this was the most she managed to speak with anyone...she also felt like she was about to break down or be overloaded. And then he asked if she was okay. That question even caused
    Siren to look at her. Even in that context, was she okay...?

"Uh-m a little home sick...trying to g-get out of my shell a little bit but..."

Was she okay?

"I don't know..."

She turned her head to Niko.

"Hi Niko."

Rory Black

"We don't have to say anything to each other if you don't want. Let's just walk together for safety since that might not have been my finest moment just before you came to me"

Rory responded by joking about his previous attitude that morning. "So you pulled a Rory?" He thought it might have lightened the mood between the two. Still very much unsure of where they even stood between one another. Otherwise, Rory walked with James without much protest. The boy had clearly made an oopsie, or so he thought-- And Rory was willing to take the company if it balanced the scales between them. Aria was most talkative indeed..

"Aria likes your hair!"
"Aria thinks you smell good!"
"Do you like breakfast? You eat a lot!"
"Your familiar is a lizard! I like lizards!"

Rory sighed and shoved Aria back into his hoodie, hoping to end her barrage of words. "I'm sorry, she is quite the hassle. In time I hope to contain her a bit more." Rory looked over at James. "So, where do you come from? I may not have been paying much attention.. But I will start, I'm from Ireland."

Code by Nano

Rory Black

"We don't have to say anything to each other if you don't want. Let's just walk together for safety since that might not have been my finest moment just before you came to me"

Rory responded by joking about his previous attitude that morning. "So you pulled a Rory?" He thought it might have lightened the mood between the two. Still very much unsure of where they even stood between one another. Otherwise, Rory walked with James without much protest. The boy had clearly made an oopsie, or so he thought-- And Rory was willing to take the company if it balanced the scales between them. Aria was most talkative indeed..

"Aria likes your hair!"
"Aria thinks you smell good!"
"Do you like breakfast? You eat a lot!"
"Your familiar is a lizard! I like lizards!"

Rory sighed and shoved Aria back into his hoodie, hoping to end her barrage of words. "I'm sorry, she is quite the hassle. In time I hope to contain her a bit more." Rory looked over at James. "So, where do you come from? I may not have been paying much attention.. But I will start, I'm from Ireland."

Code by Nano

(I guess he can come across ember on his way to his secret spot?)

James flashed an amused sheepish smile of showing white teeth. *Well he seems self aware of his social flubs, sounds like he makes them often*

The teen's eyebrows raised with nervous surprise at the bird's rapid-fire words. Harrold shifted nervously to James' other shoulder, sharing the worries of his human.

*Does she like lizards for eating?... or?...*

"I'm from Virginia" he said simply, neglecting to seem at all nervous about revealing so with a foreigner like Rory.

"That's in the United States" he clarified, many people from abroad knowing the names of only a few U.S states.

"It's somewhere between- Florida and New York" the man told Rory quietly, not wanting to assume he was ignorant but also wanting get those questions out of the way.

"It's famous for its tree covered mountains" James supplied quickly.

Ginko The Mushishi Ginko The Mushishi

Blake Forbes

Blake hummed to himself as his hands ghosted over shelf after shelf of books, authors with names that ranged from Miyamoto and Machiavelli mixed in with those such as Zephaniah and even a small tome that was marked only with Ultor. Stopping for a moment, the Georgian pulled that last one out and opened it only to find it to be a book of military tactics and diagrams fit for a war room rather than a school library.

Odd, you would think that we wouldn't be studying something like this, Blake thought, absently flipping through the rest of it before he returned it to where he found it. But then, I guess that it could just be here because it was written by one of these, 'elders' that Flamel mentioned.

Returning to his search, Blake finally found what it was that he was looking for, a book simply titled as History of Aura, a Tale of Awakenings. It was a thick tome, and a glance at the inside showed a dry historical account, but it was something that Blake was going to need to look into if he wanted to know more about what the hell was going on here.

"Heavy reading for so soon into your time as a student oh partner of my soul," Serena chimed in from her position on his shoulder, one eye cracked open to watch as she rested.

"Maybe so, but I reckon I'm going to need to learn it," Blake responded, hefting the large book and claiming the smaller one that he had looked at briefly after a moment's thought.

"It is your choice, not my own. I will rest as you read, wake me if you need my help," The young badger made good on the promise, closing her eye and relaxing into his neck as he chuckled.

The Georgian teen wandered in the direction he had seen tables before, one eye still glancing over the mass amounts of books held upon the shelves. "Huh, more of us than I reckoned would be here so soon," Blake called quietly from his position leaned against a shelf, looking at the trio of his fellow students also occupying the space. Megilagor Megilagor Orin Orin DarkKitsune DarkKitsune

Nikola "Niko" Hohenheim
Mentions:
Interactions: Orin Orin , DarkKitsune DarkKitsune Dest Dest
“Well then n-ice to meet you Yorrick, and hello to you too Chimera. As for needing a talk, you can confine your worries with me as well Chimera. After all, being the middle child in a family with seven children and being the only man except for my father I had to listen to many worries so, my shoulder is yours if you need one to cry on, and my ears are yours to listen to and Bipi is your fluff to sink yourself in.”Replied Niko towards Yorrick and Chimera, cracking a little smirk at his small pun hidden in the greeting, trying to break the ice so to speak. After doing so Niko cracked open the two books that he chose and started to read them both at once, a little skill he picked up as a student to quicken his reading.

Niko turned his head for a bit to look at Blake who approached and spoke to them before returning to his book and speaking.“Well some people wanted to learn about our circumstances, others got hints from the teacher, and in my case, I wanted to not have people stare weirdly at me, they stared since the last class. Plus that weird voice I heard after that, told me to find some traces of my heritage here. So yeah, it seems that weirdness is our new normal here.”Niko turned a few more pages and stopped at certain pages regarding Hel and Mephisto respectively when he noticed from the corner of his vision a surprised look on Eli’s, not even realizing that the drawing of Mephisto on Nikos's book cracked a smile at him before promptly returning to his drawn self unseen by most if not all of them except for Bipi who refused to speak about it.

“Anyway from your expression Eli I can surmise something shocked you, care to share it with us, or shall it remain your little secret.”
As he spoke about it remaining a secret Niko placed a finger on his mouth to signify him remaining silent about it if Eli did not wish to share it.

Ember got up from her spot staring out at the void beyond the school, thinking back to her realm with her father. “This feelings is rather strange…” she thought out loud as she looked at her hands, one of them still holding her flute. “Am I getting home sick? But I’ve not even been here a week yet…” she thought out loud again and shook her head. “No… come on Em, pull yourself together, you have to be strong, you have to show your dad you can be strong” she stated “but… I still didn’t summon a familiar… is that normal for an elder? Didn’t Nicholas say the familiar thing was something Elders did normally?” She asked herself as her thoughts fluttered around her head. Ember just stood there thinking as she stared at her flute. Soon she thought about going to ask Sir Nicholas once again, but then remembered seeing how big the library was “maybe I could find a book that could explain this? Or maybe there is a detailed account of an elder with no familiar?” She spoke to herself before turning around and heading back towards the school, intending to head into the library to start her search.

Ginko The Mushishi Ginko The Mushishi

Last edited:

Rory Black

"Virginia? Well it's a pleasure to meet someone from a land away." Rory stated. They continued to walk with one another, it seemed as if James had grown more talkative during their small venture.
"Bettystown." Rory laughed as he said it, with a smile of welcome warmth as his tone became gentle. "A quiet enough village near the sea with enough time to go in-land to the cities if you truly wanted. Though I always preferred the outside myself; and the view. When you sit on the cliffside, after traveling a couple miles out and up hills and such...It feels like a reward."
Rory walked with James for a time more, until he spotted Ember outside a window from the halls. He watched for a couple seconds before noticing her standing up and walking back into the Academy...He wondered how they were holding up since the first night. Getting harassed by Scatty might have been a bit unnerving. He thought it best to make an effort...Today was a very big day for Rory and socializing.
"James, I'm sure I'll see you another time. Perhaps tonight if you've accepted my apology I'll accompany you all at Dinner." Rory waved as he walked away from James. Maybe, just maybe today was a success. He wouldn't put it past James if he didn't accept the apology, Rory could be quite cold he realized... Especially with Aria's incredibly annoying interjection at every chance she could find. Honestly, how do you put a lid on familiar's lips?

Rory wasn't stalking her, for sure. He was trying his best to seem like he was doing his own thing. The library was big enough for the both of them to not even have to interact, and while Rory watched her from one of the infinite shelves of books, he wondered how to approach.. All of his planning went out the window when Aria, yet again interjected.

"MISS EMBER!"
Aria yipped from Rory's hood.
"NICE TO MEET YOU! RORY WAS WONDERING HOW YOU'VE BEEN!"
She yipped more, Rory's blush of embarrassment coated his entire face.
"Oh gods..." He whispered to himself as he tried to speed towards Ember: just so it didn't look like he was spying on her.
Code by Nano

Rory Black

"Virginia? Well it's a pleasure to meet someone from a land away." Rory stated. They continued to walk with one another, it seemed as if James had grown more talkative during their small venture.
"Bettystown." Rory laughed as he said it, with a smile of welcome warmth as his tone became gentle. "A quiet enough village near the sea with enough time to go in-land to the cities if you truly wanted. Though I always preferred the outside myself; and the view. When you sit on the cliffside, after traveling a couple miles out and up hills and such...It feels like a reward."
Rory walked with James for a time more, until he spotted Ember outside a window from the halls. He watched for a couple seconds before noticing her standing up and walking back into the Academy...He wondered how they were holding up since the first night. Getting harassed by Scatty might have been a bit unnerving. He thought it best to make an effort...Today was a very big day for Rory and socializing.
"James, I'm sure I'll see you another time. Perhaps tonight if you've accepted my apology I'll accompany you all at Dinner." Rory waved as he walked away from James. Maybe, just maybe today was a success. He wouldn't put it past James if he didn't accept the apology, Rory could be quite cold he realized... Especially with Aria's incredibly annoying interjection at every chance she could find. Honestly, how do you put a lid on familiar's lips?

Rory wasn't stalking her, for sure. He was trying his best to seem like he was doing his own thing. The library was big enough for the both of them to not even have to interact, and while Rory watched her from one of the infinite shelves of books, he wondered how to approach.. All of his planning went out the window when Aria, yet again interjected.

"MISS EMBER!"
Aria yipped from Rory's hood.
"NICE TO MEET YOU! RORY WAS WONDERING HOW YOU'VE BEEN!"
She yipped more, Rory's blush of embarrassment coated his entire face.
"Oh gods..." He whispered to himself as he tried to speed towards Ember: just so it didn't look like he was spying on her.
Code by Nano

Ember looked over at Rory and his familiar “oh hey Rory, I’m doing ok I guess, still thinking about all that’s happened yesterday… mainly why I’m the only one that failed to summon a familiar, I just don’t understand. I mean here I am, an Elder’s offspring and I couldn’t do something that regular humans could… is it because I’m only half human and half Elder? Or is it something else, I just don’t know” she sighed as he saw her ears go from standing up to almost fully droopy showing her emotional state “but don’t let me get you down” she chuckled slightly, however her ears didn’t move. “How are you? Your familiar is very pretty, I’ve never seen an albino Peacock before.”

“Weren’t you heading somewhere with James? I hope I didn’t ruin any of your plans” she replied as they continued walking towards the library

Last edited:

IMG_1983.jpeg
Eli Nestler
Interactions: Megilagor Megilagor DarkKitsune DarkKitsune
Mentions: Dest Dest Ginko The Mushishi Ginko The Mushishi Rcticwolf Rcticwolf

Eli gave Chimera one last glance before he sighed and held up a book that had a trident engraved on it “the professors say I remind them of an Elder that died a long time ago, the Roman god known as Neptune…known to the Greeks as Poseidon” he finished and set the book down, running his other hand through Yorrick’s fur “though I’m not entirely sure what they mean” he shrugged and sat the book down as Blake walked in. He gave his dorm mate a small wave before looking back down at the book, a curious expression slowly forming. “Is that..” he paused, picking up the book and holding it to the light of a nearby window. “The trident, its cyan” he remarked, turning it so Niko and Chimera could see it.

He turned the book back to him and rubbed his finger along the trident “I wonder” he mumbled to himself and closed his eyes, envisioning the rip chord once again. Within seconds the library was filled with the scent of saltwater and the book itself had began to glow the same hue as Eli’s aura. “Well that did some…” the words stopped flowing from Eli’s mouth and his aura enveloped his body. The smell of saltwater mixed with the smell of seaweed and fish and Eli’s eyes turned into Cyan disks, glowing dangerously bright. Eli opened his mouth to speak but it wasn’t his voice that was heard. “Aura of my Aura, thou has unlocked the secrets of my book and have been deemed worthy” the deep gurgling voice spoke as if it was underwater “Renelliot of Clan Nestler” the voice said and Eli began floating a few feet off the ground “your destiny has been written in the stars and on the waves, I now grant you the knowledge to understand” the voice continued and with a bright light emitting form his body, Eli dropped to the floor with the voice that once possessed him seemingly echoing in the air “find the kingdom in the waves, claim your birthright

Eli shook his head as he regained consciousness “what the hell was that” he groaned, rubbing his temple “kind felt like the awak…..” his words were cut off my a searing pain in his head and his speech turned into a scream of agony. He crumpled to the floor like dead weight, grasping his head in pain as images of oceans and rivers flooded his mind. Somehow he knew the names of every ocean and river in the world, he could recognize all manner of sea creatures and could smell the stink of fish. “M-make it stop” he pleaded to his friends as he tossed and turned on the floor in horrible pain. A loud crack of thunder boomed from just outside the window and rain began falling like a torrent, In that moment, a familiar head of blonde hair rushed into the library “where is he” Professor Sophie shouted, before noticing Eli laying on the floor. She quickly ran over to him, placing a hand on his temple and letting her silver aura trickle down and mix with Eli’s cyan aura, the smell of the room shifting to a salty vanilla

Stay calm Eli, I felt the surge of energy” she said, peering over to the book that was now open and contained new words sprawled in blue ink “this is why I didn’t want you researching Neptune” she sighed, and began helping Eli manage all of the knowledge he had just obtained like Joan had done for her many years ago. “Just breathe Eli, your mind has been flooded with the knowledge of an elder…the fact that you are still alive proves how strong you are” she gave him a weak smile as Eli’s fits began to calm down “ I will help you manage all this new information, soon you’ll be able to access all of it without feeling this pain” she spoke and sighed in relief when Eli sat up

So Elder’s beaming knowledge into your head is normal or??” He asked hoarsely as he sat up “don’t think I could do that again” he mumbled, rubbing his sore head and ignoring the looks from his peers. Sophie chuckled “no it’s a one time deal usually” she smiled sadly “when I was fifteen, the witch of Endor gave me all of her knowledge of air magic as well as all of her memories” he sighed “luckily, it seems like you’ve just been given knowledge about water magic and info about the sea” she said with a curious look on her face “or at least that’s what I saw when I looked in your mind…a vast sea filled with thousands of animals” she exclaimed and Eli scoffed “I don’t feel lucky” he mumbled, rubbing his sore head but still stood up and brushed himself off. He picked up the book and began flipping through the pages “it has new writing” he said to himself before Sophie chimed in “just be lucky you weren’t unconscious for almost two days” she shook her head and stood up “I recommend going to see the nurse, and coming to find me later on” she nodded before giving Eli one more concerned look and walking away, headed to go tell the other professors what had just taken place

Eli looked over to his dorm mates “sooo…” he said, scratching his head awkwardly “that happened…” he said as the rain began to let up as if it was directly caused by him.

🍩CHIMERA KINDEL🍪
INTERACTION: Orin Orin Megilagor Megilagor Dest Dest

• Library Mayhem

Chimera nearly jumped out of her seat when Niko had showed up out of nowhere, like a shadow of some sort... though this time it seemed like an actual coincidence. She listened to what he said about being a shoulder to lean on and presumably using Bipi as a comfort animal. At that, Siren huffed, suddenly seeming to have a different opinion of the other fox. She jumped out of Chimera's bag and curled up in the teenager's lap. Chimera began to pet her while murmuring.

"
    Siren...come on..."

After that, she took a moment to refocus. And turned to Niko, still unconsciously petting the gray fox that suddenly seemed desperate for her attention.

"T-thank you Niko...and you as well Eli..."

It felt weird that they were concerned about one of their dormmates that they didn't even know. But it was nice to know as well. Perhaps she wouldn't be bullied like she thought she would.... she stiffened once Niko suddenly started talking to Blake...she hadn't even noticed he was there. His familiar sitting on his shoulder... Blake had a Honey Badger? Eli had a polar bear...so it had become clear there was more variety among the familiars than she thought. When Niko said his piece she told him...

"Niko...b-blue flames... I don't know if it's different from regular blue flames...because of magic fire. But regular blue fire is hotter than red."

But she did nod to his point and explained quietly.

"I'm h-here to study healing related stuff."

When Eli showed the trident, he looked at the image on what seemed to be old paper. Eli was right. It was cyan. Specifically, it even matched his aura, though Chimera wondered how he reminded them of an old elder...what happened to the elder? Did immortality actually have limits when mixed into reality? She didn't get to truly wonder as soon as things escalated....she would have tried to stay near Eli's side if it hadn't seemed like
    Sophie knew what she was doing. But Sophie did know. And helped him...at least for the moment. Chimera, for once, decided to make a particularly bold move and grabbed his arm.

"L-Let's take you to the Nurse..."

Regardless, if it wasn't an intentional action,
    Sophie's words did concern the fifteen-year-old. The mention of passing out made her more worried and Siren took notice of this and would grab the sleeve of the arm Chimera was tugging on to aid her in getting him there. They hadn't even known each other, yet Chimera nor Siren could help but be worried. Perhaps it was instinct...maybe being a healer would come easier to her after all.

Last edited:

Rory Black

Rory listened to Ember's words, and took them into account. He scratched his hair gently as he spoke.
"Perhaps you're experiencing a blockage of some sort. Don't take it to heart, considering I'm sure you'll find your own way through."
Examining her ears droop, Rory's eyes seemed to narrow, and his frown became more prominent. He wasn't mad or annoyed, but seemed to understand her plight under different circumstances and simply felt...melancholy

"You're not getting me down" Rory stated, despite his constant frown....Well frowning more.
"I'm alright, the class was interesting...I intend to train more though. As for this one, she is quite a hassle. In a way I consider you luckier than me."

Aria shot back, looking at Rory
"You're mean!"
Rory sighed
"You're annoying"
Aria stuck her tongue out
"I'm you!"
Rory's eye twitched
"Most definitely not."
Aria though, looked at Ember
"Thank you miss Ember!" She seemed to flutter happily at the compliment.

Rory chuckled softly and returned his gaze to Ember.

"I didn't really have any plans with James, he decided to use me as a scape goat. Which is fair; I did treat him rather poorly this morning. But I was wondering how you've been holding up. I don't see you galavanting with the other dormmates like a bunch of buffoons. Which, they are." Rory laughed a little, meaning no harm by the joke as they walked together
Code by Nano

Rory Black

Rory listened to Ember's words, and took them into account. He scratched his hair gently as he spoke.
"Perhaps you're experiencing a blockage of some sort. Don't take it to heart, considering I'm sure you'll find your own way through."
Examining her ears droop, Rory's eyes seemed to narrow, and his frown became more prominent. He wasn't mad or annoyed, but seemed to understand her plight under different circumstances and simply felt...melancholy

"You're not getting me down" Rory stated, despite his constant frown....Well frowning more.
"I'm alright, the class was interesting...I intend to train more though. As for this one, she is quite a hassle. In a way I consider you luckier than me."

Aria shot back, looking at Rory
"You're mean!"
Rory sighed
"You're annoying"
Aria stuck her tongue out
"I'm you!"
Rory's eye twitched
"Most definitely not."
Aria though, looked at Ember
"Thank you miss Ember!" She seemed to flutter happily at the compliment.

Rory chuckled softly and returned his gaze to Ember.

"I didn't really have any plans with James, he decided to use me as a scape goat. Which is fair; I did treat him rather poorly this morning. But I was wondering how you've been holding up. I don't see you galavanting with the other dormmates like a bunch of buffoons. Which, they are." Rory laughed a little, meaning no harm by the joke as they walked together
Code by Nano

“You already know how I’m feeling at the moment, and I’m too distracted to go galavanting with the others, I just thought I’d do some research and see if another Elder had the same problems as me” she answered honestly before turning towards the library.

“You are more then welcome to join me if you like, I just don’t know how long I will be in the library looking through books” she chuckled lightly, her ears still showing she was depressed

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back