• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Flamel Academy (Discontinued)

what should be the first enemy that attacks the school?

• Army of Undead

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Night Creatures (vampires and Ghouls)

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Army of Cats and Crows

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Blake took a half step back as multiple people commented on the scent he now radiated, blinking in surprise at the amount of people who recognized and enjoyed the scent. He briefly noted James started to speak to him but was distracted by the incoming pair of students mixed with Renelliot demonstrating the way the walls could guide them. With a small wince he realized he had missed the other southerners words and that the other young man had already moved into the room. Resolving to ask about it later, the second oldest (human) among them entered the dorm at last.

He took in the sight of the living room, nodding in appreciation of it, before he walked down the hall. As he reached the room that was to be his own he took a quick look inside, nodding in appreciation at the abundance of plants that filled it. He pushed the door open fully and sat his bags on the bed, taking the guitar bag the had been on his back the entire time off at last. He quickly put away his belongings away as he hummed a nameless tune, all the while noting others doing the same around him. As he finished he opened his guitar case and stepped out into the living room, taking a seat and beginning to strum slowly with his eyes closed, ready should any of the others wish to talk.

Joseline finished putting her stuff away and walked into the living room and looked at James, "You play the guitar?" She plopped herself on the couch with her book.

She fixed her hair and put it into a low ponytail as she leaned back in her seat and stared at the guitar.

Dest Dest

after putting his things away, he wandered out of the room and into the living room where most of his dorm mates where talking amongst themselves. He walked over to the couch and plopped down next to a boy with a guitar “Blake right?” He asked, still looking down at the boys guitar “I play too, though I didn’t think to bring her with” he said in reference to his guitar before looking back at Blakes “you got a pretty one though” he smiled looking at the guitar “know any songs? My dad made me learn a bunch of rock songs but I like to play some others too” he sighed leaning against the couch “ I wonder what we’ll be learning here” he mumbled more to himself that to anyone else before turning his head back to Blake “Oh I’m Eli” he smiled, holding out a hand for a handshake

He smiled when Joseline plopped down next to both of them, giving her a small wave
Blxebxll Blxebxll

He also noticed the German guy ‘Niko’ also introducing himself while another dorm mate marched down the hall in what Eli figured was a effort to find their room “interesting crowd” he muttered, raising an eye brow
Megilagor Megilagor xpstitch xpstitch

Joseline slowly waved back, "Hey..." She said with a small smile, "Interesting indeed." She said nodding as she put the book on her lap, "So how did you find out about this..... Place?" She asked Eli, "I just got a letter with the directions in the dance studio." She said sitting with her legs crisscrossed on the couch.

"We'll probably start learning about how to control whatever we have and put it to good use....Have you ever watched Harry Potter?" She said raising an eyebrow.

James looked around and noticed strange yellow lights wink on around the room. Some of them didn't seem attached to anything that he could see.

There was a queen sized bed made of rather sturdy looking dark wood, noticably there seemed to be a tree theme to the room. Pillows seemed to be wrapped in leaves of some sort.

Besides the usual amenities like nightstands and chests of heavy wood, there were tall, thick rectangles of different stone types which he could not discern a purpose for.

One thing James COULD identify was a pottery wheel however, which made him wonder if ceramics was a required subject at this school. There was a large pit of sorts filled with sand, with buckets and shovels near. James Reed did wonder if he was meant to build sand castles like a kid...

He noticed leaf and flower themes were quite common in the furniture, the colors of things seemed dyed onto the wood rather than painted which was odd.

Some of the furniture seemed to grow out of the floor itself rather than have been placed there, seeming unmovable except by cutting at the place where floor and furniture met with a chainsaw.

Besides that James noticed vines crawling all along the walls, holding up empty painting frames with some way he couldn't see. Many potted plants and flowers were placed all over various surfaces, sick as on his dresser.

James tore his thoughts from the mirror, which may or may not tell him who was fairest one of all. The young man sat on his bed and tried to stop asking questions for a while, thinking it time to just rest his mind for a bit. After that perhaps he'd verify his own mind's soundness.

Blake Forbes
Interactions: Orin Orin Blxebxll Blxebxll

Blake took the other teens hand and gave it a firm shake, a small smile on his face. "That's me yea, second unluckiest guy in the school behind you." The Georgians tone is teasing, not meaning any harm with the joke. "And I play a bit, know a few songs, mostly country though I've picked up some rock here and there over the years. And like, Joseline weren't it? There said I assume it's going to be all about learning 'magic', though no clue what exactly that's gonna be. All I really know is I'm gonna enjoy not waking up before the sun for a while, been doing that fer years and a few days sleepin in is gonna be nice. And my older sister made me watch the movies a few years back, but never got that interested myself."

As he finished speaking the Georgian leaned back once more, picking a few random notes before starting up a series of notes that most would recognize as the theme tune in question, a mischievous grin slipping across his face as he did so.​

🍩CHIMERA KINDEL🍪
INTERACTION: Orin Orin ( mention) Blxebxll Blxebxll (mention) Dest Dest (mention) Megilagor Megilagor (mention)

Chimera was caught off guard by the sudden appearance of yet another student,Niko. It felt like students were coming out of the woodworks and it made her feel the urge to hide more, though she was relieved to be shrugged off by Joseline after Chimera attempted to speak with her. Ironically, Blake seemed to be the center of attention while playing songs on his guitar, which surprised her because she was expecting him to be a quiet person. She stood there idly. The room smelt strange due to the combination of everyone's auras, at least to Chimera. It smelled like an earthy salt apple cinnamon pie with the scent of something she could hardly recognize. Chimera didn't know how she would converse with the people she was sharing the dorm with. There were only four people in the living room currently and she still felt stupidly overwhelmed. Thinking it would be better, she touched her hand to the tree like the others had, a spark of Viridan green and she was on her way to her room. She left the others to chit chat all they wanted. When she made it to her room, it was not small or tiny. She investigated the room. There was a queen-sized bed, a pedestal filled with water. She briefly wondered what that would be for. After exploring the room, she put what she had with her away and laid down on the bed. Unfortunately, there was no kitchen, so she couldn't just bake her worries away.​

Rory Black
Interactions: Dest Dest DarkKitsune DarkKitsune xpstitch xpstitch Blxebxll Blxebxll Megilagor Megilagor Rcticwolf Rcticwolf Orin Orin
Rory was no amateur to exploration, and often would find himself catching beautiful sights in Ireland all to himself. Yggdrasil was no different it seemed, and possibly held even more potential than Ireland did. The young man spent an hour at the most exploring the different halls and locations of Yggdrasil: yet his thirst for more seemed to never be quenched now he was here. His smile only grew as he found more interesting and more amazing locations. Although one area took the cake for today, it was the first place Rory actually took a break at. The first place he decided to soak everything in.

Rory found himself in an upper level of Yggdrasil, this area seemed devoid of noise, devoid of people, peaceful and comforting. A place Rory could truly unwind and let no other bother him. Did he seem cold to the others? Stand-offish? Perhaps. Rory was articulate, and he liked things a certain way. He abhored anything that seemed to rip freedom from his person. Being shackled to a bunch of roommates seemed a nightmare, but Rory wouldn't discount its potential uses either. When he found the area, his eyes lit up with wonder and amazement... An airplane had found its way into Yggdrasil? How old could this plane be? It was hardly recognizable as a tree had begun to sprout from its metallic sheets. Yggdrasil had grafted the plane to its form. Below it lay a pond of crystal clear water. Books surrounded the area- enough for Rory to read if he ever wanted to throughout his tenure at Yggdrasil. Rory found himself climbing atop the plane and sitting down in a cozy inlet built upon the trees sprouting roots. There, he began to play with his magical ability once more; sprouting tiny blasts of air from his hand. Rory chuckled to himself and shook his head while he blew tiny puffs of air out.

"This is all a dream, but it is worth living in it...Even if for a little bit, even if it all ended tomorrow when I awoke...I think this would still all be worth it." Rory whispered to himself.

Rory would relax in this area for a time, about another half an hour or so-before he hopped off the plane. Rory's first secret had been discovered. As a testament to his discovery, Rory tore a small piece of his white sweater off, and tied it around the plane. This was his first discovery: but there would be many more still to come...For now, it was time to return to his roommates. Dinner was going to be served soon.

Rory returned with ample time to spare. He looked across the room at the newly arrived students. His frown did not change while he adjusted his black-lens glasses. "Dinner is going to be in 15 minutes. I'd advise us all to go before we end our days with empty stomachs.. We could also learn more about how food is served here... So, if anyone is all for eating- guess we should all get going." Rory didn't need an answer from anyone- his intent had already been explained to the others. They could come if they wanted to, or not. Rory spun towards the door with his heel slowly.

Rory Black
Interactions: Dest Dest DarkKitsune DarkKitsune xpstitch xpstitch Blxebxll Blxebxll Megilagor Megilagor Rcticwolf Rcticwolf Orin Orin
Rory was no amateur to exploration, and often would find himself catching beautiful sights in Ireland all to himself. Yggdrasil was no different it seemed, and possibly held even more potential than Ireland did. The young man spent an hour at the most exploring the different halls and locations of Yggdrasil: yet his thirst for more seemed to never be quenched now he was here. His smile only grew as he found more interesting and more amazing locations. Although one area took the cake for today, it was the first place Rory actually took a break at. The first place he decided to soak everything in.

Rory found himself in an upper level of Yggdrasil, this area seemed devoid of noise, devoid of people, peaceful and comforting. A place Rory could truly unwind and let no other bother him. Did he seem cold to the others? Stand-offish? Perhaps. Rory was articulate, and he liked things a certain way. He abhored anything that seemed to rip freedom from his person. Being shackled to a bunch of roommates seemed a nightmare, but Rory wouldn't discount its potential uses either. When he found the area, his eyes lit up with wonder and amazement... An airplane had found its way into Yggdrasil? How old could this plane be? It was hardly recognizable as a tree had begun to sprout from its metallic sheets. Yggdrasil had grafted the plane to its form. Below it lay a pond of crystal clear water. Books surrounded the area- enough for Rory to read if he ever wanted to throughout his tenure at Yggdrasil. Rory found himself climbing atop the plane and sitting down in a cozy inlet built upon the trees sprouting roots. There, he began to play with his magical ability once more; sprouting tiny blasts of air from his hand. Rory chuckled to himself and shook his head while he blew tiny puffs of air out.

"This is all a dream, but it is worth living in it...Even if for a little bit, even if it all ended tomorrow when I awoke...I think this would still all be worth it." Rory whispered to himself.

Rory would relax in this area for a time, about another half an hour or so-before he hopped off the plane. Rory's first secret had been discovered. As a testament to his discovery, Rory tore a small piece of his white sweater off, and tied it around the plane. This was his first discovery: but there would be many more still to come...For now, it was time to return to his roommates. Dinner was going to be served soon.

Rory returned with ample time to spare. He looked across the room at the newly arrived students. His frown did not change while he adjusted his black-lens glasses. "Dinner is going to be in 15 minutes. I'd advise us all to go before we end our days with empty stomachs.. We could also learn more about how food is served here... So, if anyone is all for eating- guess we should all get going." Rory didn't need an answer from anyone- his intent had already been explained to the others. They could come if they wanted to, or not. Rory spun towards the door with his heel slowly.

As Rory was headed to the dinning hall he could hear the soft playing of a flute sound through the halls.

While the other students had gathered together and gotten to know each other in the dorms, Ember had found her room and removed her flute from her belongings and made her way to the dinning hall, since it was big and empty of any other noise as none of the others had arrived for dinner yet, she found it quite a good resonance chamber as her notes filled the air, to relax she had removed her hair clip that hid her true appearance and just listened to the melody she played through her instrument.

Ginko The Mushishi Ginko The Mushishi

Last edited:
Megilagor Megilagor Dest Dest Rcticwolf Rcticwolf xpstitch xpstitch Blxebxll Blxebxll DarkKitsune DarkKitsune Ginko The Mushishi Ginko The Mushishi

Eli chuckled at Blake’s comment “yea I’m pretty unlucky ain’t I “ he laughed before nodding to the rest of the boys statement and peered to the girl next to them “well after apparently floating feet off the ground and ending up in the hospital, Nicholas and Perenelle showed up in the hospital room and gave me the letter.” He sighed but then brightened up at the mentioning of Harry Potter “I said the same thing” he exclaimed “I grew up on stuff like Harry Potter and Star Wars so this is…however crazy it might be” he shrugged “seems like it’ll be a lot of fun” he said, a small smile on his face.

He hopped up when Rory mentioned food “great im starving” he moaned, walking past the group “plus I wanna see what kind of food they will have” he smiled and motioned for the group to follow. He noticed Niko sitting on the couch, staring at the ceiling and called over to him “Niko right? Coming to dinner?” He asked, before he turned on his heels to catch up to Rory as the sound of a flute entered his overactive ears. He placed a hand on the tree and it glowed cyan for a moment before I trail of light when streaking down the corridor, leading them to the cafe.

The young man sat on his bed with hunched shoulders. His hands cupped his temples and jaw. The man went about systematically going through everything he'd been told and seen, thinking of how impossible all that was.

James considered the idea that he was indeed dreaming, drugged up or simply insane. James shook his head from time to time, trying to dispell his illusions to see if he wasn't truly just in a padded room with a straight-jacket.

In the end he decided to pinch and otherwise try to wake himself, noting the pain to be too sharp to be normal dreaming.

After which he took stock of everything he had experienced, deciding that he should stop caring if he were simply loony. If he was, he had done everything on his end to get a grip on reality.

The doctors would need to figure out the rest. He had called out to them even. James asked thjngs like where he was and if anyone was there to see for certain, he got no response whatsoever.

James Reed decided to accept all of this as his new reality, enjoy it. The man went back through all he had seen and began viewing it through the lense of being real, and as an extension that HE could also perform magic (which was real).

After that James simply breathed, relaxed and calmed his mind. He had seen a lot of new people, things, faces, types of people. It would soon be time to go out and see them again, this time not doubting his own sanity.

Orin Orin
James Reed stepped out and scanned the room full of people chatting amongst themselves. The guy named Eli from earlier was mentioning floating and ending up in the hospital, mirroring and confirming his own memories of the experience. He was talking to a broad shouldered youth, the one he had tried to speak to himself earlier. Dest Dest

Ginko The Mushishi Ginko The Mushishi
This happened almost parallel to the white haired man Rory coming in and inviting people to dinner. James nodded his head at him and followed him to the dining hall.

Young Reed gave a questioning, scanning look at everyone else still in the room. It felt rude to just pass them without any acknowledgment. James cocked an eyebrow as he heard flute music wafting from that direction.

Nikola "Niko" Hohenheim
Mentions: Rcticwolf Rcticwolf Ember, Ginko The Mushishi Ginko The Mushishi Rory
Interactions: Orin Orin Eli,
Niko right? Coming to dinner?” Niko picked up his head from the couch a bit when someone said something about food and finally stood up when someone mentioned his name.
"Yeah, yeah im coming Eli?" Answered Niko half guessing and half remembering the name of his 'companion'. Niko followed closely after Eli towards the Dining room.
On his way there he was truly fascinated by the phenomenon that part of the tree is glowing and guiding them but he was too damn tired and hungry to do anything about it other than look.
Not wanting the way to be so silent and hearing the flute somewhere in the distance, he decided to join in with the music taking out his ocarina that was hanging from a string from under his scarf.
Then he spoke once to the rest before starting to play. "Do forgive me if my skills are rusty."
Trying to guide the flute player into Niko's genre of music or to be exact Legend of Zelda songs, and to fit the sounds of the flute and the atmosphere, so he stirred his playing towards Lost Woods.
He clearly enjoyed playing his ocarina especially since it was a gift from his younger sister which at the same time got him into playing Legend of Zelda all the time, to the point that he started calling his sister Zelda, which she enjoyed to the point it stuck to her till she got it legally as her middle name now.

As the others began to stand, Blake pushed himself to his feet, setting his guitar down gently where he had been sitting, and joined the group that began to leave, giving an acknowledging nod to Rory. As the group shuffled down the halls, following both the sound of Flute music as well as the cyan line that Eli had created, Blake moved to stand next to the teen that he had briefly spoken to before.

"James right? Sorry about earlier, I managed to miss your question and wanted to make sure you knew it weren't intentional," Blake put a hand up and offered it for the other teen to take for a handshake. "What was it that you were trying to ask me?"
xpstitch xpstitch

"Oh. It was nothing much" James told Blake with soft blinking, droopy eyes of tiredness.

"I was just saying how it's pretty understandable not to know what's going on around here" James explained to him with an odd tight lipped small.

James shook his hand relatively firmly, if a little quickly. James was strong, but other males made him anxious (understandable, given James's particularities and his upbringing).

"You were saying you weren't sure about sorting and the dorm situation" James concluded, gazing sideways at him briefly.
Dest Dest

Young Reed could hear some other kind of flute join the other, James tried to recall what the great hall looked like in the Harry Potter movies.

When they reached it, he wondered if It would look like that.... James could recall...floating candles and magically appearing food.

It seemed a nice enough idea, though he hoped there wasn't to be a young man who singed his eyebrows off trying to turn water into rum....

Megilagor Megilagor Ginko The Mushishi Ginko The Mushishi Orin Orin DarkKitsune DarkKitsune Rcticwolf Rcticwolf Blxebxll Blxebxll

Rory Black

Rory could hear the others fall in line behind him, and accepted the results. The wind; fate itself to Rory brought him here, it led him to his peers, and now...Now what? Would it subject him to the scrutiny of his peers? Release his weaknesses to total strangers? Rory was facing the moral dilemma of friendship; how to acquire it? How to naturally progress it, how to give up a piece of yourself in favor of gaining a kindred soul.. Rory questioned all that he had known.
Lived with only his parents' and the nature outside of his own home was his only comfort and friendship he forged. Something that brought Rory a sense of relief. There was no need to talk to nature; it accepted you as you were.

Isolation by choice..
Fear of opening up...
Anxiety over failure..
Was this what the winds had thrown his way? An obstacle that Rory had to succeed? He glanced behind him to see the very people he would be studying with. What could he say about them from just a once over?

Eli was thoughtful, and held kindness in droves. He could tell as much by how Eli reacted to everything he had seen today. He seemed very much like a doting figure, ensuring he didn't leave a single one of his peers out of the picture: inclusive towards all of them. Rory kept an arm's length due to his own personal fears of being close...

Blake was patient, easy-going, and perhaps most willing to believe all that had happened to them so far. Blake could be a good friend, someone to rely on...But could Rory put his stock on someone that was far too lax? There should be something Blake was questioning here...

Chimera, the girl he had almost bumped into at the entrance. What a mistake it would have been for the docile creature, she was easily startled: seemingly overwhelmed by everything laid out before her. She reminded him of piglet from Winnie the Pooh. Shy, a bit socially awkward, and perhaps most of all pessimistic to inconveniences.. It would be hard to open up to them: Rory himself could attest to being slightly awkward too..

James held a stalwart soul to his manner of person. Perhaps the most genuine and "you get what you see" among them. His extroverted nature paired well with Eli to a degree, but Rory could sense that something lay underneath James. Perhaps eating at his very core? James was perhaps the most in disbelief of all that had happened to them. Rory knew in time that whether he wanted to or not, James would sink his fingers into the young man and force friendship upon them..

Joseline was new to him, but a few seconds stare and a potential analysis of her person concluded one thing; Confidence. Joseline knew what she would want out of situations, she was fiesty and independant. It was clear to see she would be an interesting pairing for him. Rory held an inner fire of his own that rarely ever sparked lest he decided for it to do so.

Niko, another newcomer it seemed. One glance and Rory deduced that the young man had an innate desire to learn and fail as many times as needed. A scientific mind so to speak, or a brilliant and bumbling fool as well. Rory saw the very same curiosity in Niko that Rory held in him. The man was peculiar, but wore his sense of self on his sleeve. For that, Rory could at least expect Niko to bear fruit for a friendship... But would it be genuine? Or a competition?

The last one, seemed to slip Rory's mind. He knew he forgot one, and was itching his very brain to remember them. A girl with blazing red hair..As if on que though, he heard the flute and it pierced the veil of fog around his memory.

Ember.
She was loud, a bit forthright, maybe a bit lonely as well. Maybe that is why Rory felt distanced from them, he too was lonely...By choice.
He had glanced toward the direction of the flute, catching her true form while she unlatched her hair pin. It gave Rory cause for concern, but he remembered they felt a bit off about her presence before...While also not wanting to deal with it at that particular time. It seemed Rory was the first to notice, or the only one to notice at all. Whether they came here to learn, or for ulterior motives...It would do Rory well to keep an eye on them too.

Finally, there came the last one. The most despicable of all: Rory Black.
Arrogant (ambitious) selfish (selfless) apathetic (aloof) brash (adventerous) a lonely and closed off individual. (Free-spirited) Yes, Rory looked down on himself the most of all, whereas everyone else seemed to become steadfast friends, or at least share a friendly space around them- Rory seemed to necessitate a stone-cold demeanor, a persistant frown or scowl to others, and an uninterested attitude all-together. His tone often balanced between fed up and impatient, or blasé and deadpan... Nobody would ever become his friend...What did he ever have to offer?

Rory scanned the dining hall for a table to sit at, he did not expect the others to follow him to a table- nay he felt they would all disperse to their own corners and safe spaces. When he did find a table, he sat down and quietly folded his hands under his chin... The young man seemed to still be deep in thought, as strands of his wild and wavy white hair fell to cover his face..​

Rory Black

Rory could hear the others fall in line behind him, and accepted the results. The wind; fate itself to Rory brought him here, it led him to his peers, and now...Now what? Would it subject him to the scrutiny of his peers? Release his weaknesses to total strangers? Rory was facing the moral dilemma of friendship; how to acquire it? How to naturally progress it, how to give up a piece of yourself in favor of gaining a kindred soul.. Rory questioned all that he had known.
Lived with only his parents' and the nature outside of his own home was his only comfort and friendship he forged. Something that brought Rory a sense of relief. There was no need to talk to nature; it accepted you as you were.

Isolation by choice..
Fear of opening up...
Anxiety over failure..
Was this what the winds had thrown his way? An obstacle that Rory had to succeed? He glanced behind him to see the very people he would be studying with. What could he say about them from just a once over?

Eli was thoughtful, and held kindness in droves. He could tell as much by how Eli reacted to everything he had seen today. He seemed very much like a doting figure, ensuring he didn't leave a single one of his peers out of the picture: inclusive towards all of them. Rory kept an arm's length due to his own personal fears of being close...

Blake was patient, easy-going, and perhaps most willing to believe all that had happened to them so far. Blake could be a good friend, someone to rely on...But could Rory put his stock on someone that was far too lax? There should be something Blake was questioning here...

Chimera, the girl he had almost bumped into at the entrance. What a mistake it would have been for the docile creature, she was easily startled: seemingly overwhelmed by everything laid out before her. She reminded him of piglet from Winnie the Pooh. Shy, a bit socially awkward, and perhaps most of all pessimistic to inconveniences.. It would be hard to open up to them: Rory himself could attest to being slightly awkward too..

James held a stalwart soul to his manner of person. Perhaps the most genuine and "you get what you see" among them. His extroverted nature paired well with Eli to a degree, but Rory could sense that something lay underneath James. Perhaps eating at his very core? James was perhaps the most in disbelief of all that had happened to them. Rory knew in time that whether he wanted to or not, James would sink his fingers into the young man and force friendship upon them..

Joseline was new to him, but a few seconds stare and a potential analysis of her person concluded one thing; Confidence. Joseline knew what she would want out of situations, she was fiesty and independant. It was clear to see she would be an interesting pairing for him. Rory held an inner fire of his own that rarely ever sparked lest he decided for it to do so.

Niko, another newcomer it seemed. One glance and Rory deduced that the young man had an innate desire to learn and fail as many times as needed. A scientific mind so to speak, or a brilliant and bumbling fool as well. Rory saw the very same curiosity in Niko that Rory held in him. The man was peculiar, but wore his sense of self on his sleeve. For that, Rory could at least expect Niko to bear fruit for a friendship... But would it be genuine? Or a competition?

The last one, seemed to slip Rory's mind. He knew he forgot one, and was itching his very brain to remember them. A girl with blazing red hair..As if on que though, he heard the flute and it pierced the veil of fog around his memory.

Ember.
She was loud, a bit forthright, maybe a bit lonely as well. Maybe that is why Rory felt distanced from them, he too was lonely...By choice.
He had glanced toward the direction of the flute, catching her true form while she unlatched her hair pin. It gave Rory cause for concern, but he remembered they felt a bit off about her presence before...While also not wanting to deal with it at that particular time. It seemed Rory was the first to notice, or the only one to notice at all. Whether they came here to learn, or for ulterior motives...It would do Rory well to keep an eye on them too.

Finally, there came the last one. The most despicable of all: Rory Black.
Arrogant (ambitious) selfish (selfless) apathetic (aloof) brash (adventerous) a lonely and closed off individual. (Free-spirited) Yes, Rory looked down on himself the most of all, whereas everyone else seemed to become steadfast friends, or at least share a friendly space around them- Rory seemed to necessitate a stone-cold demeanor, a persistant frown or scowl to others, and an uninterested attitude all-together. His tone often balanced between fed up and impatient, or blasé and deadpan... Nobody would ever become his friend...What did he ever have to offer?

Rory scanned the dining hall for a table to sit at, he did not expect the others to follow him to a table- nay he felt they would all disperse to their own corners and safe spaces. When he did find a table, he sat down and quietly folded his hands under his chin... The young man seemed to still be deep in thought, as strands of his wild and wavy white hair fell to cover his face..​

Ember hadn’t noticed him when he entered as her eyes were closed and seemingly enthralled in the sounds coming from her flute. However when Rory went to sit down the chair he moved creaked ever so slightly and the melodious flute ceased and Ember was brought back to reality she then looked at him to try and see if he caught her or if he didn’t even notice she was there.

Deciding to be weary she quickly put her clip back in as her ears picked up the sounds of the others just seconds from walking in to the dinning hall.

Dest Dest Rcticwolf Rcticwolf DarkKitsune DarkKitsune Ginko The Mushishi Ginko The Mushishi Blxebxll Blxebxll Megilagor Megilagor xpstitch xpstitch

Eli smiled when Niko pulled out the ocarina “we should start a band” he laughed looking at Niko and then to Blake “everyone’s so musically inclined” he shook his head “knew I should’ve brought my guitar” he shrugged as he entered the dining hall and walked over to a table close to the front. “Hey guys!” He greeted some members of his own house before sitting down at an empty table. The walls still seemed to hold an eerie note in the air that Eli could tell was from flute playing “the hyper sensitive hearing thing could come in handy” he smirked before motioning some of his peers to join him at the table.

Ember was already at a table, the white haired boy, sat across the room by himself and all the way to the right sat another fiery red head of hair with a pair of ominous green eyes to match. “Well well well” the figure spoke, standing up and walking to the center of the room to greet the new comers “you all must be the newly awakened humani” she spoke, sharp canines poking past her teeth as her extremely thick Celtic accent echoed through the room “a rag tag bunch aren’t cha” she gave a toothy grin “Right none of you know who I am” she sighed and stepped further into the light. The woman stood at about 5’10 with a head full of brilliant scarlet hair that was pulled into a nest ponytail. Her skin was fairly pale and she looked to be no more than 18 but there was something ominous about her. The way she licked her lips, her saber tooth like canines flashing in the natural light of the tree “I am your combat and weapons teacher” she crossed her arms “I am Scathach the shadow” she smiled dangerously “but you can call me Scatty, you humani have trouble pronouncing my name and it gets quite annoying” she rounded on the group, surveying each of them “strong auras indeed” she sniffed and moved back slighty, scrunching her nose “strong scents too” she took another deep breath “cinnamon apple” she looked at Blake “saltwater” she turned to Eli “I love the sea too” she smiled her toothy grin again, her gaze went to Rory who was sat away from the crowd “he smells of nature” she said and her eyes flicked to chimera “you too? Weird choices” she muttered. She turned to look at James but stopped when an oddly familiar scent flooded her nose.

She whirled around, pulling a knife from her boot and slamming it into the table where a similar head of red hair sat “and what” she sniffed hard and growled deeply “exactly are you doing here” her eyes seemed to dull and her skin became tighter, giving her an almost skeleton like appearance “Ember, Daughter of Fenrir” she snarled, “another one of your little games? Got bored in your shadow realm did you?” She questioned the girl as if they had known each other for years. “Does Nicholas even know you are here?” She raised an eyebrow

Dest Dest Rcticwolf Rcticwolf DarkKitsune DarkKitsune Ginko The Mushishi Ginko The Mushishi Blxebxll Blxebxll Megilagor Megilagor xpstitch xpstitch

Eli smiled when Niko pulled out the ocarina “we should start a band” he laughed looking at Niko and then to Blake “everyone’s so musically inclined” he shook his head “knew I should’ve brought my guitar” he shrugged as he entered the dining hall and walked over to a table close to the front. “Hey guys!” He greeted some members of his own house before sitting down at an empty table. The walls still seemed to hold an eerie note in the air that Eli could tell was from flute playing “the hyper sensitive hearing thing could come in handy” he smirked before motioning some of his peers to join him at the table.

Ember was already at a table, the white haired boy, sat across the room by himself and all the way to the right sat another fiery red head of hair with a pair of ominous green eyes to match. “Well well well” the figure spoke, standing up and walking to the center of the room to greet the new comers “you all must be the newly awakened humani” she spoke, sharp canines poking past her teeth as her extremely thick Celtic accent echoed through the room “a rag tag bunch aren’t cha” she gave a toothy grin “Right none of you know who I am” she sighed and stepped further into the light. The woman stood at about 5’10 with a head full of brilliant scarlet hair that was pulled into a nest ponytail. Her skin was fairly pale and she looked to be no more than 18 but there was something ominous about her. The way she licked her lips, her saber tooth like canines flashing in the natural light of the tree “I am your combat and weapons teacher” she crossed her arms “I am Scathach the shadow” she smiled dangerously “but you can call me Scatty, you humani have trouble pronouncing my name and it gets quite annoying” she rounded on the group, surveying each of them “strong auras indeed” she sniffed and moved back slighty, scrunching her nose “strong scents too” she took another deep breath “cinnamon apple” she looked at Blake “saltwater” she turned to Eli “I love the sea too” she smiled her toothy grin again, her gaze went to Rory who was sat away from the crowd “he smells of nature” she said and her eyes flicked to chimera “you too? Weird choices” she muttered. She turned to look at James but stopped when an oddly familiar scent flooded her nose.

She whirled around, pulling a knife from her boot and slamming it into the table where a similar head of red hair sat “and what” she sniffed hard and growled deeply “exactly are you doing here” her eyes seemed to dull and her skin became tighter, giving her an almost skeleton like appearance “Ember, Daughter of Fenrir” she snarled, “another one of your little games? Got bored in your shadow realm did you?” She questioned the girl as if they had known each other for years. “Does Nicholas even know you are here?” She raised an eyebrow

Ember sat quietly, she stared at the table as her hands gripped her flute much tighter. “That’s none of your business Scathach” she muttered under her breath

Rory Black

Rory remained in his seat, and despite the clashing voices of hundreds of other students he found himself drifting off into his own mind... Yes that was all he needed. Some form of focus, a connection to his inner thoughts. His eyes closed to let himself drift into a meditative state.

"They all are good people... so why can't I just talk to them? Why am I so...scared?"

Scatty arrived to introduce herself to the students. Thus, Rory gave his attention. He smiled at the gaelic accent. It seems that Rory gave off the scent of nature; a brisk and fresh breeze of herbal undertones. Two staff members have pointed it out so far, which gave Rory a moment of pause.

Could he influence his aura, or this scent to overpower others? He had remembered the potent smell of the letter...was it possible to reinforce your aura too? Questions that seemed to itch the brain.... An answer for another day, he supposed.

Rory returned to his mental fortress, wondering what beautiful cliffside waves he was missing out on. Wondering if his parents were alright, but most of all.. wondering if he could let loose for once.. become friendly to his peers...join them.

He almost did too, he was about to stand up before his mental fortress was swiftly broken by a knife being rammed into a table. Rory immediately swung his head towards the noise...

"Ember, Daughter of Fenrir another one of your little games? Got bored in your shadow realm did you?"

Rory observed with narrowed eyes and irritation bubbling up inside.. His concentration was broken, for one. And second, it seemed as if Ember was uncomfortable with the situation in general. Rory felt his fists clench..

Freedom: The one motivation that meant the most to Rory in life. If someone's freedom and by extension their choices in life that they felt passion for were being ridiculed or beaten down: Rory would defend it with his life; damned be the consequences.

The scent of the room morphed into that of a fresh breeze, strong enough to be noticed at least. Rory unconsciously strengthening his aura as he spoke.
"A staff member shouldn't be harassing a student: nevermind their background. If you intend to gain respect from your students, as you are now I find it insulting. Act like a member of staff. Not like a child who has had their toy stolen from them. If you intend to throw your authority around- I would be more than willing to take the brunt of it."
Rory's actions could very well spell his expulsion... But he would be lying if he said he would regret doing this.

Rory must stand up for the freedom of others. It was his moral code.​

Ginko The Mushishi Ginko The Mushishi Rcticwolf Rcticwolf
Scatty narrowed her eyes “Unlike you Ember Fenrirdottir” she spoke coldly, using a title that had not been heard for hundreds of years “I was actually invited here…” she stopped and whipped her head towards Rory “Mr.Black” she started, a grin spreading across her face as she inhaled his wonderful nature sent “while I do appreciate those who stand up for others” she started, her gaze shifting back to Ember “Ember isn’t a student” he leaned back and crossed her arms, her Scarlett hair bouncing over her shoulder “should you tell him or do you want me to” she gave the girl a coy smile, sarcasm dripping from her words.

🍩CHIMERA KINDEL🍪
INTERACTION: Dest Dest xpstitch xpstitch Megilagor Megilagor Ginko The Mushishi Ginko The Mushishi Orin Orin Rcticwolf Rcticwolf

Chimera sat down at the alchemist table quietly she had sat down next to Blake, simply due to her still finding Jame's intimidating and she didn't know what to make of Niko, even though they hardly spoke that evening she thought it would help to be near anyone familiar and, unfortunately, she was the only female alchemist in their dorm. Overwhelmed by the mass amounts of students still, hopefully she will adjust. She lacked familiarity and she would be stuck around numbers of people for awhile. She would have to come to terms with it. That was the difference between Flamel academy and the old high school she briefly attended before coming here. While her old school had plenty of students, she would eventually go home. If she wasn't helping out with the bakery she could lock herself away in her room. Not that stuff like cleaning made her socialize often. Anyway, back at the bakery...the bakery. How she missed it. The thought made her recognize her own homesickness. There wasn't a kitchen in the dorm either. However, with that being said there was a fireplace...she wondered if she could do something with that. If she could manage to use the fireplace for the purpose of baking, would she be seen as weird by her roommates by doing so? And baking often? She was snapped out of these thoughts by Scathach. Chimera had heard legends and myths about her to an extent anyway. Scathach, while she wasn't exactly a goddess, was a female warrior known in Celtic mythology who had taught and trained warriors, which was particularly fitting considering, apparently, the red head was their combat and weapons teacher. A lot happened, she had begun listing off auras. First it was Blakes cinnamon apple aura, Renelliots salt watery aura' Scatty thought that Rory's smelled like nature and similarly with Chimera's. She muttered something about choices. Which made Chimera wonder briefly if they could change the scent of their auras--as much as she liked the calming scent of rosemary. She would probably end up making her aura smell like her families bakery. Whether or not that was a good thing would be debatable. Chimera flinched when she saw Scatty throw a knife onto the table in front of Ember, mentioning something about Ember being the daughter of Fenrir and asking what game she was playing. Chimera also recognized that name. Fenrir, although not a god, was a norse mythological beast. Fenrir's parents were Loki and the gaintess Angrboda. If that was true, it confirmed suspicions about other gods and even other sets of them. It made her want to research it in her free time. But for now she worried about Ember, even the decentdant of a beast was uncomfortable by Scatty, not that Chimera had issues with her parentage because she didn't as it told nothing of Ember's character. Rory gave his speech in Embers defence. As quiet as he had been that evening, she thought it was a very nice thing to do and made her wish she had the same courage. Though Scatty's reply didn't make Chimera like her as much, despite Chimera's lack of knowledge about the situation, she wanted to speak up on Ember's behalf, however her attempted to get words out ended up making her feel like something was caught in her throat.​

Last edited:
Ginko The Mushishi Ginko The Mushishi Rcticwolf Rcticwolf
Scatty narrowed her eyes “Unlike you Ember Fenrirdottir” she spoke coldly, using a title that had not been heard for hundreds of years “I was actually invited here…” she stopped and whipped her head towards Rory “Mr.Black” she started, a grin spreading across her face as she inhaled his wonderful nature sent “while I do appreciate those who stand up for others” she started, her gaze shifting back to Ember “Ember isn’t a student” he leaned back and crossed her arms, her Scarlett hair bouncing over her shoulder “should you tell him or do you want me to” she gave the girl a coy smile, sarcasm dripping from her words.

Ember growled and gently placed down her flute “I don’t care if you tell them or not Scathach, but don’t think just because you beat me while I was still in training centuries ago that you can continue to push me around!” Ember got up and stepped closer “just remember you beat me, you did not beat a true Valkyrie, and for your information Sir Nicholas does know I’m here, my father spoke with him before I arrived”

Any nearby fire was starting to get brighter and hotter as if they were being amped up. “And the reason I am here is for me to know and you to never find out” ember gave one more growl and turned away, grabbed her flute and walked to the other end of the room and took a seat as far away from Scatty as possible

(Once again forgive me if I overstepped)

Last edited:
As soon as the combat instructor closed in on the group, Blake could feel that something was off or would go wrong with her introduction. And actually having her say her name? Oh, that led to an interesting memory of an old research paper that he had to do back in high school. Blakes smile grew colder and colder as she continued to harass his dormmate, and his arms and legs tightened as he forced himself to stay seated for the moment. It was only as Ember stormed away that he finally stood, staring 'Scatty' directly in the eyes.

"Scathach, sister of Aoife. Trainer of The Hound of Ulster Cu Chulainn, original owner of the death spear Gáe Bulg, and protector of the Fortress of Shadows," Blake lists the various titles off from memory, and says them almost as if they are meaningless. "Apparently, and this ain't to much of a surprise to me anyway, yain't worth near as much as your story says if your verbally beating up someone you are supposed to be training. If all our teachers are unprofessional as you seem like you are going to be, well, I reckon that we ain't gonna learn near as much as any of us though we would." Blakes smile turned sardonic, and he chuckled to himself. "Which I reckon would suck since apparently we need to be here to learn what the hell is going on with us."

Nikola "Niko" Hohenheim
Mentions: Rcticwolf Rcticwolf Ember, Ginko The Mushishi Ginko The Mushishi Rory
Interactions: Orin Orin Eli, Scatcha, DarkKitsune DarkKitsune Chimera
"I don't mind, playing with you guys just know that I'm no band kid Eli. I'm more of an academic guy."
Niko answered Eli, truthfully he wouldn't mind playing an instrument every once in a while but his head was still filled with academics and science so music wasn't high on his priority list right now.
"I don't see any problem with calling you Scathach. Try having grandparents whose names are Chlodovech and Adelheidis for my grandfathers and grannys named Waltraud and Ingeborg respectively, your name is easy compared to theirs."
Nikola waited as he saw the situation unfold, as he did need more information before he could act upon it, after all, he was no fool, but his professor pride wouldn't let him just not do anything during this situation, especially since one of the people involved was supposed to study with him and the other is supposed to be a teacher, both things which he partook in his life.
He did note however that the pale friend over there stepped up to the occasion before him, giving Niko even more context, so Nikola dutifully noted the lad's surname within his mental notes to remember for later.
The argument was slowly rolling down the hill like a snowball and picking up the brunt so Niko decided to plot something of his own to either draw the ire of the immature little brat who dared to call herself a professor or even a teacher when she let herself be run by the nose of her own feelings and such.
Of course, as Niko came closer he saw a younger girl, who seemed like she wanted to help the situation but couldn't muster the courage to do something. 'Well it's a good first step fraulein' He thought to himself as he passed by and patted her on her head leaving a small caramel candy in its wrapper on her head for her attempt to possibly encourage her to do something herself when it mattered.

"Now, now fraulein, please be silent, both of the speakers before had their fair share of points. Both of you are older than me that is for sure from what I gathered. This lady named Ember is here under the permission of the principal which I am lucky to have a similar name to him which I consider an honor since we both are studying the same thing but from different angles, but about that another time. I know it's rude to ask ladies their ages but YOU!." Said Niko turning to point his open hand towards Scatty while ending only a part of his speech, before resuming.

"Yes you, you are acting immature and unprofessional considering your age and post given, I am way younger than you and I held a similar post as you, as I taught people chemistry at my University. And yet I never let my emotions, prejudice and general hate of a person throw me around like some used rag, You might have been some magnificent and legendary person in the past, but if your past was so brilliant as if a diamond cut perfectly then I can only say you have revered down to a diamond in the rough covered in scat considering how you act towards someone who was let in here by the principal is meant to be here. Whatever history you have with her before she came here should be invalid as she has now become a student of this fine establishment."
Niko had to take a short pause to catch his breath but even more so to stand in the way between Scatty and Ember, as he did not want her to even look at his fellow classmate, of course he did not intend to stay defenseless if that myopic barbarian of a woman who couldn't split her life from work to the point of tormenting a new student of her on her first day here, would of course not have enough mental capacity to stay down after a clear point was made against her so he reached towards his coats inner pocket to produce a small vial no more than two ounces of capacity but only half full filled with a brown substance. After arming himself he spoke again.

"Well, where was I going with this point? Ah yes. If someone like me who is only twenty-one can be more mature, less childish, and more so than not emotionally and mentally stable enough to not bring my own beef and aim it at a student, especially with a bladed weapon no less, which in normal places would count as section 52 of the Offensive Weapons Act which was signed in 2019, but considering this is America it would be at least a second-degree felony if not more, which would probably put you on the no-no list of many places. I will only tell you this stand down and settle this like the grown women you two are supposed to be. Or I might just turn this day into the worst day for everyone and I do mean everyone within a kilometer distance of where I stand... Oh, it's 0.6 miles for you Americans. And the funny thing is I'm used to the smell of this Thioacetone."
Finished Niko with a devious smile that the devil from Faust would be either proud of or scared of in fact, but even then this was all a big bluff, in this vial there was no Thioacetone, it was just his homemade condensed dark chocolate syrup that just happened to have similar enough consistency and color to the real thing that he could potentially have a bargaining chip on this table of people divine and ancient, but after all, he was a man of science, chemistry to be exact. So what other way to try and gain such a bargaining chip than to threaten their good time with a bluff, after all, Niko was famous for his poker face, so he put all his chips on the fact that this ancient woman could not tell he was bluffing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back