• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Flamel Academy (Main)

what should be the first enemy that attacks the school?

• Army of Undead

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Night Creatures (vampires and Ghouls)

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Army of Cats and Crows

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
🍩CHIMERA KINDEL🍪
INTERACTION: Orin Orin Megilagor Megilagor Ginko The Mushishi Ginko The Mushishi Dest Dest Rcticwolf Rcticwolf xpstitch xpstitch

• Familiar Ritual
    Before the lecture had begun, Chimera nodded to James when he mentioned something about butter beer and him hoping something about a 'you know who' not showing up, which without context confused her. However, as intimidating as he was, it seemed like he wasn't actually a bad guy. She murmured quietly in response.

"Maybe you'll get to enjoy some butter beer at some point."

She didn't mention anything about the person he had mentioned. However, if butter beer was actual beer, she wasn't old enough to drink it. Was he old enough to drink? She didn't know, but he looked like it. As they entered the library, Mrs. Perenelle began a lecture, and Chimera watched in amazement as she began to use her aura. At first, it turned into a smoke like substance before turning into illusion like things. This made the lecture easier to understand and easier for Chimera to absorb the information being taught like she was. She wondered if tricks like these would be mentioned at some point, then another thought came to mind...Familiars, Mrs. Perenelle taught them that it was ancient magic, and for Ember to be able to use it well, it made sense, Ember was immortal, and Ember was the child of the Norse beast Fenrir. For Ember to use such a magic made sense to Chimera, but for herself, Eli, Blake, Niko, James and Rory to be able to use it? Didn't. What made them so special from the rest of their peers? What made them capable of summoning a familiar? How did the staff know that they could summon familiar? As she paid attention to the lecture, she held the tin of herbal candies Niko had given her earlier closer to her. Real Familiars were very different from their fantasy counterparts, and even had different forms with various powers as well as their own affinity, and some were capable of turning into a mythological beast. And very Loyal. Chimera found it hard to believe that she was among the people capable of summoning them in the present day. She sniffed her aura and silently opened the tin, popping a piece of candy into her mouth before closing it again. Since the lecture started, she had let go of her braids, and she wasn't holding them to her face anymore. Once it was finished, Mr. Nicolas began to pass around instructions. They were instructed to confide in books as much as they needed and to use what they would need to use were on the shelves. With the tin in one can and paper in the other, she read its contents.

1. Draw Summoning circle using chalk, ash and crushed animal bone.

2. Say "the heart of my heart, the soul of my soul, I call forth this moonlit night to walk in the land of the humani"

3.cut finger and add blood the center of the sigil

4.say "with my soul I create, with my voice I give shape, with my blood I give form."

5. Drop 6 drops of blood on the sigil and then sprinkle some crushed animal bone over the blood

6. Say "drip drip drip the blood renews I summon you forth to walk with me"

7.infuse aura into the sigil

8. Say "with aura I give life."

9.once a ball of light appears, you must give your familiar a name to complete the binding process.

10. Say "by soul, by voice, by blood, by aura, I give life to you *insert name*

Chimera was incapable of speaking on behalf of the others, as a matter of fact, for all she knew, it could only be her that was freaked out by the instructions, but regardless, the moon was out, and as told by the staff, she had a ritual to do. She roamed the library in search of a book on sigils. She didn't know what a summoning sigil looked like, and she did make use of the library for that matter. Mrs. Perenelle did say to make use of the library after all. After grabbing a book and skimming it to see if it had the sigil she needed, she stuffed it under her arm and made her way to a table. She put both the tin and book down briefly as she went over to the shelves to grab the supplies she needed, and then retreated back to the table. She grabbed the book, chalk ash and crushed animal bone and, with a careful hand, constructed the sigil on the ground in accordance with what the book showed. It felt twisted to use crushed animal bones, though at least she didn't have to kill and collect it herself but she did hope they were the bones of the already deceased. With a sigh, she looked at the paper and decided to proceed to the next task on the list. She muttered, albeit worried that she didn't sound confident enough to successfully perform it. She continued anyway.

"The heart of my heart... The soul of my soul... I call forth this moonlit night...to walk in the land of the humani"

She grabbed the knife and, as instructed in step three, cut her finger. She held it against the tip of the thumb, closing her eyes, and sliced it quickly in an area where she wouldn't accidentally cut a vein. She did it as swiftly as if she were ripping off a band-aid. And held her thumb over the center of the sigil, letting a drop of crimson fall to the middle. She muttered after releasing a deep breath.

"With my soul I create...With my voice I give shape...with my blood I give form..."

Moving her hand over the sigil, she let six drops of blood fall onto the sigil and then grabbed the crushed up animal bone, sprinkling it around the sigil on top of the blood drops. And proceeded with the next step, sounding a little more confident this time. She had made it this far.

"Drip...drip...drip... The blood renews I summon you forth to walk with me"

She attempted to infuse her aura as instructed on the paper, with a green glow emanating from her as she did so and the strong scent of rosemary. She proceeded to mutter.

"With aura I give life"

A ball of light, like the instructions for the ritual described, appeared. Knowing she was nearing the end of it, she mutters her finale incantations.

“by soul... by voice....by blood....by aura...I give life to you..."

She repeated "...you..."

She hadn't thought of a name. Then a myth came to mind: the myth of the water monster called a siren, which was a creature who lured sailors to their deaths. Hoping her pause didn't affect the ritual, she says

"
    Siren..."

The ball seemed to have morphed into that of a gray fox, assuming it fitting considering how they hunted. It was a baby gray fox, she was curled up in a small ball, then she lifted her head up and looked at Chimera.
    Siren's eyes matched the color of her aura. It was momentarily silent until Siren spoke.

"I am Siren, your familiar of water. Now bound to you. Chimera of the Kindel clan"

Which creeped her out. But it was a creature made from her aura, so she had to assume it was normal for Siren to know this fact. Chimera's hand hovered over her head, hesitant to pet her familiar. However, Siren caught onto this, and she lifted her head up to meet Chimera's hand. She began scratching Siren's head when the fox spoke bluntly.

"A nervous thing you are, but priorities are priorities. I'll answer your questions in the morning because you need to rest and recharge your aura, or you'll combust soon enough. Let's head back to your room."

Chimera couldn't help but nod, still amazed that, despite being created from her aura, Siren seemed confident, and not afraid to speak her mind...something Chimera frankly wasn't. Chimera picked up Siren as she got back to her feet and returned the supplies and book before grabbing the Tin of candy and proceeding to go to her room with her familiar. Making it to her room, she set the candy on her bedside table before crashing on the bed. The room temperature changed to the nice, humid temperature of a woodland forest. Siren would be correct because as soon as Chimera's head hit the pillows, she was out like a light

~~~next morning~~~

When Chimera woke up,
    Siren was gently pawing at her cheeks with her claws retracted so as not to accidentally hurt her master. When Chimera's eyes opened, Siren started nudging Chimera's stomach with her head.

"Ok...I'm up…"

Chimera felt groggy as she sat up and rubbed her eyes while
    Siren spoke.

"Good, because it's breakfast hours and I could go for some bird and berries."

That got a soft laugh out of Chimera. She stood up and started getting her clothes together. As she did so, she asked Siren as she looked through her shirts.

"So can all familiars speak?"

She grabbed a midnight blue long-sleeved shirt and a short-sleeved shirt that was light gray, darker gray, and light blue, and the corner of the shirt was a darker blue. She grabbed her other things and a black skirt as
    Siren replied.

"Only you can understand me, unless you wish for others to understand."

Chimera nods, she was oddly comfortable around the fox. She goes into her closet, gets changed, and leaves again, asking as she tied her shoes. And brushes her hair. She leaves her hair down not feeling like putting it into braids or a ponytail.

"You said you were my 'familiar of water.' Does that mean water is your affinity?"

She puts on her bracelet as
    Siren gives her a look. Chimera speaks as she puts on her robe and grabs her brown shoulder bag.

"I'll admit that was a stupid question. My last one...will you hop into my bag?"

Chimera got on her knees and held it open as the small gray fox hopped in. And stuck its head out. She latched it shut, and then they headed down for breakfast. Once they arrived at the table filled with alchemists, she grabbed two plates. Here she puts three pancakes on her plate and two strawberries and two blueberries in the center before pouring syrup on top. She uses the other plate and puts a waterfowl wing on it with a side of strawberries, blackberries, and blueberries and hands it to
    Siren. The two begin eating.

Last edited:
DarkKitsune DarkKitsune Dest Dest Megilagor Megilagor Orin Orin Ginko The Mushishi Ginko The Mushishi xpstitch xpstitch

Ember looked at Perri and Nick with a confused look “what do you mean? I’ve done this before?” She asked curiously hoping for an answer before her attention was diverted to seeing some of the others already following the instructions they found in a book and successfully summoning their familiars.

Ember smiled seeing everyone’s enjoyment and went to collect what she need for her attempt, she looked in the book and remember the instructions and went to perform the ritual.

Ember kneeled onto the floor and took out the chalk and began drawing a sigil in the floor, following the instructions to the letter.

“Ok next was to say, the heart of my heart, the soul of my soul, I call forth this moonlit night to walk in the land of the humani.” She stated and stuck her finger with her claw and dropped a few drops of blood on the sigil.

“With my soul I create, with my voice I give shape, with my blood I give form. Drip drip drip the blood renews I summon you forth to walk the earth with me” she stated and added the ash and bone to the sigil.

The sigil began to glow and she smiled “with my aura I give you life” she called out and supplied the sigil with her aura which began to glow even more before literally burning away.

Ember looked at the spot where she drew the sigil, it left no marks, now burns or anything to even suggest she even did anything “that wasn’t supposed to happen, did I do it wrong?” She asked herself and went through the instructions in her head again before the thought of ‘I’m glad Scotty didn’t see this, she’d torment me even more’ ran through her head. She sighed and gave the ritual one more try and once again the sigil just burned away leaving no evidence.

Ember got up off the floor and looking around to see all the others had succeeded she grabbed her things and ventured to tell Perri and Nick that they must’ve been mistaken as she was unable to perform the ritual twice, after which she just went to her room to relax, where the flame that ever burned in her room shifted from the regular orange and yellow to a blue hue upon her entering.

Nikola "Niko" Hohenheim
Mentions: Orin Orin Eli,
Interactions: DarkKitsune DarkKitsune Chimera

Niko cracked a small smile as he heard the shy Chimera express her thanks to him, he felt relieved a bit, and since she resembled his youngest sister his older brother's instinct was sometimes activating when looking at her. But the day did have to carry on, so he relieved his hand of the empty dishes while thinking how weird it would be to claim Chimera as his little sister even if a sworn one, so he pushed that idea to the very back of his mind before hearing his name being called out.
'I hope we aren't in trouble right now.' Thought Niko as he heard his and others' names being called out by Perenelle, so he followed others to where they were supposed to go to receive the punishment, but was he surprised when he learned it was no time for punishments but instead that they carried some ancient magic within themselves in the shape of familiars.
Niko listened quietly from the corner of the group to the instructions and explanations given by Perii and Nicholas, and when their instructions ended he looked at the paper with the ritual instructions written on it.

anima creatura vocans

The Soul Animal Summoning

Instructions:
  1. Draw a summoning sigil using chalk, ash, and crushed animal bone
  2. Say “The heart of my heart, the soul of my soul, I call you forth this moonlit night to walk in the land of the humani”
  3. Cut finger and add blood to center of sigil
  4. Say “With my soul I create, with my voice I give shape, with my blood I give form
  5. Drop 6 drops of blood on the sigil and then sprinkle crushed animal bones over the blood
  6. Say “Drip drip drip the blood renews I summon you forth to walk the earth with me”
  7. Infuse aura into the sigil
  8. Say “With my aura I give life”
  9. Once a ball of light appears, you must give the familiar a name to complete the binding process
  10. Say “By soul, by voice, by blood, by aura, I give life to you *insert name*
Niko read the ritual instructions a few times to ensure he got it right before saying to himself. "Well, it sounds simple enough, at least compared to those in fiction with living sacrifices, although, why are the words in English while the spell name is in Latin, shouldn't the incantation be in Latin? Anyways let's get to work gathering what I need then I can translate the chant to Latin."
So Niko walked around the room gathering what he needed for the ritual from several shelves around the room, before sitting down on a table with his pencil in hand while going through the instructions yet again while translating the chant to Latin. It did take a while to finish translating after all he did not use Latin that much, but he finished doing so when Ember began her trial for summoning, and he patiently waited for his turn.

When Ember finished her summoning attempt, Niko walked to a clearer place to begin the ritual. With chalk, ash, and crushed animal bones in hand he drew the summoning sigil, with great precision after all he did not want to leave it to a tiny mistake to make his attempt not count. Seeing the opportunity to reveal his FMA nerd side a bit, Niko walked to the center of the sigil and stood there while starting the ritual.
"cor cordis mei, anima animae meae, clamo te hanc noctem lunam ad ambulandum in terra humani." His voice struck true, and as the words in his albeit rusted Latin left his mouth the sigil began to glow with its dull white light. Then he cut his finger with the knife and pointed his finger down letting a blood droplet drop into the middle of the sigil before continuing the chat.
"anima mea creo, voce mea formo, sanguine do form" Following through with the instructions, Niko squeezed his finger a bit to let six additional drops of blood fall into the sigil and then with a bit of flair he sprinkled crushed animal bones onto the blood, while resuming his chanting.
"stillans stillans renouat sanguis me te euocat ut terram mecum ambules" Thinking it was time now to infuse aura into the sigil, but not knowing really how Niko knelled and placed his hand onto the blood and ashes he spilt in the middle of the sigil and began pouring his aura to the best of his abilities into it. As he did so his body began to heat up, no in fact the area around him began to heat up even more, even making the air wavy as it mixed with the cold air from Elis's ritual. Soon the color of the sigil turned into a familiar kind of red color, cinnabar red to be exact, the scents of previous people being replaced by the smell of spider lilies, He felt that the ritual was slowly coming to a close as he felt tired, Niko quickly continued it hoping not to fall unconscious from tiredness caused by the ritual.
"cum aura do vitam" After this chant a bright ball of red light arose in front of him temporarily blinding his eyes and making him fall on his rear and out of the sigil, it took him a while for his vision to return after seeing such a great red ball of light which imitated a fire, he even was drawn towards it but he shook his head and finished the ritual while saying without a shred of hesitation the last words of the ritual.
"anima, voce, sanguine, aura, tibi vitam do Bipi!"
And at his words the ball erupted in real flames and light, when Niko's vision returned he saw what appeared to be just a big ball of fluff, with ears and a tail but after a closer inspection, a really close inspection it did have a small snout sticking out of the fluff, Niko took out his handy dandy and secret hairbrush and combed the fluff a bit so he could see the face of the creature and identify what it was.
After a short while, he saw a fennec fox hidden behind a fluff wall, and as Niko looked into its ruby eyes it spoke.

"My name is Bipi, and you are my master. A familiar of heat and flame, and now bound to you Nikola of clan Hohenheim. I see you do not find my ability to talk weird."
"Why should I find it weird, you are of my blood and aura, shouldn't it be a given for us to have some ability to converse with each other."
"You are probably tired after the ritual, Let go to your room for now master and I shall explain stuff to you in the morning."
Niko simply nodded as he only now realized how truly draining the ritual was, so he placed his hand under all the fluff under Bipi's belly lifted him up, and walked away while simply waving others goodbye, Not ever realizing that the heat from Bipi's summoning burned away the sigil from the ground making less work for Niko to do.

Now within his own room, Niko took off some of his clothes and plopped onto his bed after changing into his black turtleneck, and some shorts, while laying his scarf down into a little nest for Bipi to sleep next to him. But it seemed that Bipi, had other plans for now, as he charred a few pieces of furniture and went through a few snacks Niko stashed away in his room before coming and lying down in the scarf.
Next Day
Niko awoke that day with something warm and fluffy on his face, in fact, it was Bipi, trying to tell Niko to wake up by jumping on his face but the amount of fluff on him made it so it didn't work out like he wanted to. With that morning groggy voice Niko simply replied to Bipi.
"I'm up. Bipi you can get off me now."
So Niko stood up from his bed and changed himself while at least dry cleaning himself from any possible sweat from the night, after all, they did not tell where the showers were so he had to settle for this for now.
Deciding to go a bit more nerd today than his usual formal attire, Niko wore black leather pants, coupled with a black shirt, and a red hoodie bearing the symbol of the alchemists from FMA, on top of that he threw on his Enchanter robes, finishing it with some brown boots and his grandfathers pocket watch that somehow still worked here, albeit it was more mechanical than technical so there is that to it.
On his way out of his room, he grabbed his satchel where he put some of his notebooks and writing tools, then he laid his scarf on top of that and placed Bipi onto it, before coming out of his room.

Now after arriving at the "great hall" Niko went to fix himself and Bipi a plate or two of food, albeit on Bipi's plate it was mainly baked potatoes and sausages, while Niko tried to have a more balanced diet.
Not seeing any familiar face among the enchanter students, he searched the room for any familiar face in fact he did find one, there she was Chimera, so wanting to sit down with a familiar face he walked up to her silently so as to not disturb others but loud enough to let her know he was approaching, then when he stood in front of her he asked her for permission.

"Hello little one, do you mind if I sit down with you? Eating with a familiar face feels nicer than eating with a bunch of strangers."
Then after waiting a bit for the answer he sat down, as no answer arrived, then he took out Bipi from his satchel and placed him on the table so he could eat his fill.
"Where are my manners? I'm Nikolas Hohenheim but you can call me Niko, and this is Bipi, albeit looking at him devouring his baked potatoes I might as well call him that. Anyway, I hope the herbal candies were good for you, but I don't remember getting your and your companion's names before or they slipped my mind?"

Last edited:
James' lips raised on opposite ends in a nervous grimace. He wished they had told him classes would be starting so he could have wrote stuff down as Perenelle spoke.

James read the instructions and couldn't help but be a little frightened. Stuff the Yarb Doctor had taught him already straddled the line at the very least...

*Looks like something out of the movies... But then again the priests I've met didn't really seem...*

He wondered if he would take the longest, from the start he asked himself and others for verification that it was crushed animal bones of NON HUMAN varieties.

Young Reed likely annoyed the adults with the most questions, asking them things like what might happen if his sigil was smudged or such (he'd prefer not to summon a demon prince by accident).

It seemed to get worse as time went on, they had to have Joan sit with him for a while reassuring him of theological safety regarding the ritual parts (only a literal Christian Saint could convince him to draw blood surrounded by occult symbolism and chicken bones).

'Saint' Joan did her best despite having been through all these sorts of things many times before. When asked to perform a miracle like in the bible, finding the nearest window and using wings of Aura to fly out proved sufficient for James' faith and the halo of Aura was a simple matter of light surrounding her head.

James drew the summoning sigil using what he was given. Albeit after small amount of tears and predictable questions like if God and Jesus were real.

“the heart of my heart, the soul of my soul, I call you forth this moonlit night to walk in the land of the humani” James spoke.

Like the others before, his sigil glowed a dull white. James smiled a bit now, glad to know his enrollment here was no mistake and that he truly did have magic like the others presumably did.

James was no longer so frightened. He had not been frightened at all of bleeding or pain, it hurt a little cutting his finger but nothing he hadn't endured a dozen fold running around the mountain.

As instructed he bled on the sigil center.
“With my soul I create, with my voice I give shape, with my blood I give form"

And there stood St. Joan of Arc wreathed in a circlet of light reassuring him with seemingly divine dispensation of approval for good measure, having assured him of the lack of sin in creating new life in this manner.

6 drops of blood James dripped on the sigil and sprinkled after with crushed animal bones.

“drip drip drip the blood renews I summon you forth to walk the earth with me”

The others had affected the air in their various ways such as temperature and wind blowing. A pretty show of lights wafted through the affected breeze, shifting in colors for James. It looked almost...alive?... fireflies were bigger and the glow changes were different for these small specks in the wind.

Taking the advice he had been given on using his Aura, he filled the room with a Violet that battled with the wafting motes of green, blues, purples, pinks and whites in the air. The air became a mercurial fairy forest with his damp humus smell and mint undertones transitioning into the room after what may have been the scent of some lilies.

"With my Aura life I give"
An orb of his Aura rose from his sigil center.

“by soul, by voice, by blood, by aura, I give life to you….” James said as perhaps two names and three images sprang to his mind.

"Harrold... Harry"
Wind turned bomb and James Reed feared he'd grow to dislike the color Violet after it also took over all senses same as the wind had.

After a few seconds of dazedness James saw the remains were some glowing purple lichen or other dotting the room walls and other surfaces. *Maybe I'll be an interior decorator or something?*

"James, Master" The foot long baby monitor lizard said from the middle of James' sigil.

James looked down and instinctively squatted so as to not intimidate the small animal, though rather unnecessary probably.

"So... You're my familiar... Harry?" The teen asked hesitantly, hoping he did all perfectly and thus knew what he was doing.

"Yes, James of clan Reed. I am a familiar of the Earth element. I am destined to be of crystal and other cavern aspects."

"That's pretty cool I suppose...- sorry I'm tired" James responded with some tired trepidation at accidentally insulting a being so important and connected to him.

"You need rest, big spells equal drained Aura" Harrold told him.

"If that's all there is to the...spell, is there anything else I need to do today?" James asked Joan, who decided to fully dissipate her 'angel wings' and Aura halo by now.

"No, though you might want to stop by the library tomorrow for some book or two on caring for your familiar"

🍩CHIMERA KINDEL🍪
INTERACTION: Orin Orin Megilagor Megilagor Dest Dest Ginko The Mushishi Ginko The Mushishi xpstitch xpstitch Rcticwolf Rcticwolf

• The Morning after
    Compared to Chimera, Siren had been wolfing down her food quicker than the familiar probably should have. As a matter of fact, by the time Chimera had made it to her second pancake, Siren had already almost finished her waterfowl. But despite how ravenous Siren seemed with her food, the grey fox had begun to slow down. Deciding to take her time with the juicy berries and eating one at a time. As Chimera ate her pancakes, she would occasionally drink from a cup of water. At this time in the morning, Chimera really didn't have any cohesive thoughts after being pawed awake by a grey fox made out of her energy and blood...for a moment, she ended up staring at her plate when she suddenly thought 'doesn't that make Siren my child?' The thought, however was short lived before she took another bite of her pancakes. Then suddenly a voice caught her attention, it was that guy from the previous night who gave more of a lecture to Scatty then anyone else in the room did, and he had his familiar which at first glance appeared to look like a living ball of nothing but pure fluff. it wasn't until his familiar began visibly eating its plate of baked potatoes did she realize it was a Fennec Fox. She was a bit anxious, but she could understand not wanting to sit by a total stranger. Not only that, but he had given her a decently sized tin of candy which she planned on using to make cookies.

"Yeah you can..."

She says a bit nervously.her eyes focused on the plate of food as she takes another bite of her food. His Familiar whom she now knew was named 'Bipi', which in her mind was interesting but definitely better, as she was sure someone else would probably have called him 'Fluffy'. She watched as
    Siren knocked over her last Berry from her plate. It was a strawberry and she watched as her familiar offered it to Bipi. After Niko's introduction, she introduces herself and Siren decided to paw at her bag which Chimera then opened it for her, she closed it up after Siren crawled back into her shoulder bag with her head sticking out it.

"Nice to meet you Niko...I-I'm Chimera Kindel. And this is my Familiar
    Siren"

Rory Black
Interactions: Dest Dest DarkKitsune DarkKitsune xpstitch xpstitch Megilagor Megilagor Orin Orin Rcticwolf Rcticwolf @Blxebxll

Rory watched the demonstration with particular interest, and smirked as it ended. So this was their gift? An old type of magic that was rare to boot. The instructions seemed easy enough to understand. The steps seemed to follow a pattern that Rory picked up on. Every step was particular in their order and advancement to the next level- Leading up to the summoning's completion. There was no time for tomfoolery. Rory got to work immediately upon acquiring the contents of the summoning contract.

Step one- proceeded easy enough. The bone, chalk, and ash all combined into one to create the circle.
Step two- To speak the opening verse of the incantation. "The heart of my heart, the soul of my soul, I call you forth this moonlit night to walk in the land of the humani”
Step three- Simple enough, to add a few droplets of blood. Rory pricked the tip of his finger to get a precise amount of blood.

Step four- Proceed to the second verse of the incantation. “With my soul I create, with my voice I give shape, with my blood I give form"
Step five- Not too much, and not too little. Dripping 6 droplets of blood that would absorb into the powdery mixture of the circle, and begin to muddle itself together.
Step six- Proceed to the third verse of the incantation. “drip drip drip the blood renews I summon you forth to walk the earth with me"

Step seven- A tricky step, one that demanded the concentration of Rory's aura into the sigil.
Step Eight- The fourth verse of the incantation must be spoken. “with my aura I give life”
Step nine- The ball of light should appear. Rory didn't see it at first.

Well this was an interesting situation, was Rory not putting enough aura into the sigil? Perhaps he had spoken the wrong incantations...No, no he did them all right. Rory felt like a bit more aura could fix the problem.

Rory let the floodgate open. His aura siphoned into the sigil and caused a large burst of light to form, Rory almost was pushed backward by it, but stood strong in defiance of this explosive ball..
Step Ten-
"Say my name.."

"I know you." Rory's eyes widened, he spoke without speaking. His mind blistered with the name that was emblazoned into his brain. Familiar and master spoke as one in that moment.

“by soul, by voice, by blood, by aura, I give life to you- Aria."

The ball of light morphed into multiple shapes, indecisive on a certain form to take until the name was spoken. Rory's aero green aura fluttered around the ball as white feathers fell gracefully. There was a tiny albino peacock, a mere baby standing in front of Rory. It immediately hopped onto Rory's head for comfort.

Rory felt dizzy at first, but quickly steeled himself enough to stand. "Interesting that we ate to only expend our energy again." Rory looked up at the baby peacock that had nested against his hair.. It was observing the entire room with keen eyes, before it noticed Rory.
"Master!" Aria spoke with excitement in her tone
"You are Aria." Rory did not return the excitement. "My familiar." He confirmed.
Aria nodded gleefully. "Yes! Yes! You seem tired, we should rest somewhere comfy!"
"Gladly. I suppose for your first night alive, you should sleep somewhere with a certain view." Rory smirked to himself. "Come now, Aria."

"Not your room? Don't you want to be with your friends?"
Rory looked at every one. He quickly turned away and walked out of the library before answering.
"None of them are my friends."
Rory returned to the special spot in Yggdrasil to sleep with Aria bundled into his hoodie. There a bright light descended from the ceiling that cast a warm glow across the resting place Rory chose. Revitalizing him as well as providing comfort without the need of a blanket. Aria was simply happy to be able to talk and interact with her master. She had been trying to gain his attention ALL day!
Tomorrow would be an interesting day...That was for sure. Rory would open his eyes that early morning with Aria pecking his cheek
"Master! Master! You'll be late if you don't get up soon!"
"I know.." Rory slid up out of the nature infested aircraft. "Let's go to school.." Rory groaned dreadfully as he had to interact with students again..​

"Then if that's all, thank you for your assistance" James told his teachers with an awkward bow, wondering how he would ever get used to seeing a literal Saint walking around him.

"Let's rest in your dormitory then?" Harry asked him, an upwards movement of the chin to signal what he asked.

James paused in slight puzzlement but then understood and extended an arm with a hand. The lizard ran up his uniform sleeve and perched on his shoulder, pressing the cool lizard scales of his head on James' neck to enjoy the warmth.

Getting up from his squat, young Reed made his way back towards his dorm, having need to connect with Yggdrasil to be shown a blue mist. *I'll learn soon enough*

"I'll need to change this room a bit so I can recharge my Aura best from now on"

"Change it how?"

"Modify its makeup to fill with elements specific to my being"

"Your beaing?... like how you said you were a familiar of earth and cavern elements?" James puzzled out.

"Yes, that usually means rock and plant life. More specifically, I'm to be a crystal and cave being"

"... can you do it minus vampiric bats and bears and...scary stuff like that?"

"Yes... I'll try to be unintrusive... probably at most make it a little humid in here?"

"Err... that's fine I guess.... I mean I'm sure the teachers can help me work out any kinks we might have... just try to leave me a bed and stuff yeah?" The teen asked with a laugh at the end.

"Yes young master" Harrold had said before shimying its way off him and beginning to waft Violet Aura from its scales like smoke.

It channeled something akin to its future ability for a small while, though far less belligerent in specification. Harrold flicked his now shiny tail in various directions and blowing breaths to direct some form of sparkling dust.

The top of his dresser sprouted glowing mushrooms of pink coloring. Moss covered the dresser handles and other surfaces. His door on both sides sprouted what looked like lilac oysterling. The empty paintings sprouted some form of luminescent algae, notably what looked to be purple-pink crystal dragon among them.

A few thick branches of wooded plant stuck out from the walls, mushrooms of all colors and shapes colonized the vines previously lining the walls. At the pottery wheel among a couple other spots, relatively tall fat toadstools seemed to invite use as actual stools with red caps and white polka dots (and other varieties).

Here and there large bioluminescent spots of stalk and spore-cap dotted an otherwise green mossy carpet on the ceiling and other corners. Green glows on the ceiling, a blue colony at this corner and purple line on the floor walls. On the ceiling was a starry night sky, the dusting of tiny glowing algae stuffs.

Slight humidity permeated the room and a vibrant ecosystem of sorts played balanced with itself, with some notable exceptions most surfaces were covered with mushroom Colonies of all makes (where glowing varieties shied). The furniture began to take on a fungal theme and James suspected the unusually tall 'parasol' mushroom was in fact more of a lamp, seeing as at least one light orb seemed to be absorbed by it.

"It took a while but I did my best to make it habitable for you... I don't think I need tell you not everything in here is fit to use in a cream of mushroom soup"

"Aye....thank you Harrold... it's...perfect in here... I feel like a REAL wizard or a fairy living in here" The older teen spoke as he looked at the rooms glowing fantasy design in childish wonder.

"Help me up Jamie" it said as it sought to climb him, which James obliged

James went about going to bed, taking a little time trying figure out whether he could 'turn off' some of the glowing mushrooms so he could sleep in more comforting darkness.

When morning arrived, James and his lizard bade each other good morning to head to the library. With some cloth bag he retrieved some books the librarians had graciously already prepared surrounding lizards and familiars.

The Appalachian man made his way to the dining hall as best he could, holding off on using magic to find it and relying on passerbys. When he arrived where all chowed, he noticed two students growing nervous at the sight of him. He approached them both and apologized, reassuring them he wasn't all that scary and making them understand his actions yesterday.

Afterwards James Reed loaded two plates with the help of some school staff. Beijing duck, baked potatoes (sour cream, cheese, bacon bits, green onion), bratwurst, and a berry bowl featured here.

James was advised to NOT look into the lidded bucket he would put Harrold in to eat from (it would spoil his own appetite to know what Harrywas eating).

DarkKitsune DarkKitsune Megilagor Megilagor
The young Alchemist now had see where he would sit. Chimera had been distracted yesterday and so far his interactions with her had been lukewarm. She also had company, Niko of whom he supposed he should try to see if there was more to than the drama surrounding yesterday...

But a shy seeming girl like Chimera may find the addition of himself too much company?... Then there was Eli with whom he had some good rapport, and he seemed unaccompanied save-... *my word... a baby... polar bear?...* Orin Orin

And there was Rory whom he saw passing by... handsome celestial Rory who he maybe should stay away from. Mr.Black had himself an air of distance, James remembered him at one point speaking at great length and to his detriment- then remembering the man speaking not at all. Rory possesed an odd air of cold lonesomeness.

Ginko The Mushishi Ginko The Mushishi
James debated whether to call out to him and invite him to eat together. The man always did have trouble around other guys, Rory with his fine features would pose an extra challenge he may be unable to meet.

In the end Mr.Reed made a decision.
"Mr...Black, was it?" James began as he approached Rory.

 "I'm James Reed, will you be eating with anyone today? If not, maybe we might sit together?" James offered him with a nervous but hopeful smile, though restraining so as to avoid trouble with any certain sort of persons.

Rory Black
Interactions: Dest Dest DarkKitsune DarkKitsune xpstitch xpstitch Megilagor Megilagor Orin Orin Rcticwolf Rcticwolf

The morning was starting off how Rory expected it to. Aria was bundled up into his hoodie and would only poke her head out for a bite of muffin (Which Rory had acquired in his travels through the hall) His plate would be modest this morning; scrambled eggs, a biscuit, sausage, and flapjacks. A muffin for Aria to poke at, considering she was interested in the fluffy bits. Not so much the flat bits. Which, in Aria speak- was the top half of the muffin being the fluffy bits. The bottom half being the flat bits.
Rory was in the middle of grabbing a glass of OJ to finish off his pleasant little breakfast until he heard a smooth and welcoming voice call out to him. Even if it were, Rory flinched in what seemed to be shock-and surprise.

"Mr...Black, Was it?"

Rory turned to face the big gentleman in front of him. Rory studied his form for some time before answering, as if calculating the perfect response to such a person. The best course of action was to scoot them away quickly, and efficiently. Aria though, wouldn't allow Rory to get his way.
Her head poked out and nabbed at another "fluffy" bit and spat it at James in playful teasing. Rory quickly ceased his unruly and energetic familiar back into his hoodie.

"You're that loud fellow from last night, weren't you. The one talking about beer and such. Causing a ruckus with that one over there." He tipped his head in the direction of Eli.
"You caused my appetite to weaken, among other annoyances last night that seemed to take away the amusement of it all." He referred to Scatty's unruly outburst.
"To answer your question, no. I did not intend to sit with anyone, A creature of your size might make it brutal to sit next to...." Aria poked her head out to look at Rory, with big, beady, soft eyes that made Rory sigh in defeat.
"But, I wouldn't be against sitting within the same vicinity of you...If you wished. Why not ask that red-headed girl to join us too, while we're at it. She was all alone last night as well and clearly picked out among the crowds by Scatty."

Rory would drag another unsuspecting fool into this, if it were the last thing he could do...He would NOT be the only one.​

Orin Orin Dest Dest DarkKitsune DarkKitsune Ginko The Mushishi Ginko The Mushishi Megilagor Megilagor xpstitch xpstitch

Ember rose from her deep sleep late in the morning, her room empty and quiet. “That’s right, I couldn’t summon the familiar, I hope Sir Nicholas and Lady Perinelle can figure out why?” She sighed as she got off her bed, the solitary blue flame in her room flickering as she moved about and dressed herself.

Ember left her room minutes later and headed to the dinning hall for breakfast as her stomach grumbled audibly. “I really should have eaten more yesterday” she replied to herself before entering the dinning hall and seeing everyone with their familiars, which filled her with the feeling of being a failure, something she was accustomed to before.

She went and grabbed her food which just consisted of eggs, bacon and sausage, and some fresh squeezed oj before finding an empty table and siting by herself once again, very distracted by her own thoughts as she tried to figure out why she failed the summoning ritual

Blake Forbes
Blake quirked an eyebrow at the new information that was being presented, a familiar huh? Sounded even more like something out of one of his sister's fantasy books or his brother's games. And they expected a bunch of novices to complete something like this? Oh this was going to be interesting. As the others began to move and gather their supplies, Blake joined them, weaving in to grab what he needed as he continued to hum or whistle to himself. Carefully he grabbed a mortar and pestle as well as a smaller animal bone, tossing it into the tools bowl crushing it up and separating a measure of it before adding the chalk and ash that were called for. As he mixed them all together he looked over the remainder of the instructions and nodded, satisfied with what he was seeing and how easy it was.

Taking care he dipped his fingers into the powder that he had made and began to sketch out the symbol, going back and forth from the picture to the real thing to ensure that all was accurate with it. As he finished he dusted his fingers off and set the remnants of his mix to the side, mindful that he might need more in the future. Carefully he stepped around his symbol and held the blade that he had taken from a cabinet, once more reading the instructions before steeling himself, finally ready to begin.

"The Heart of my Heart, the Soul of my Soul, I call you forth this moonlit night to walk in the land of the Humani," As he spoke Blake cut the ball of his thumb, grimacing as he did so, and added a small amount of his blood to the center of his ritual. "With my Soul I create, with my Voice I give shape, with my Blood I give form." Six drops of blood were added in turn and the previously separated bone powder was added as the teen continued. "Drip Drip Drip the Blood renews I summon you forth to walk the Earth with me." The Georgian pushed forth his aura into the sigil, the air around him gaining the homely smell that had come to be his. "With my Aura I give Life." As the ball of light that was mentioned began to form a name came to Blake's mind, one that simply seemed right. " By Soul, by Voice, by Blood, by Aura, I give Life to you Serena."

Before his eyes the light began to change and shift, growing brighter even as it took the form of a four legged creature. As the light became overly glaring he looked away, but even still he could feel something, a connection snapping into place where there had been nothing before. As the light faded he looked back and took his first look at the familiar that he had summoned, a small badger cub sitting in the center of where his ritual had taken place.

"I am Serena, a familiar of the Earth, Bound to you Blake Forbes as your familiar now and forever." The young badger's voice surprised Blake, for it held both the strength of youth but the wisdom of age mixed together in a melodic mix. "Through our bond you may hear my voice, and through this same bond allow others of your choosing to do the same. For now though young one, you must rest. You will have little strength remaining."

"Yain't wrong, that took a lot out of me," the teen chuckled slightly before yawning, most of the energy that he had been feeling since his awakening finally going away now that he had used a mass amount of his aura. "Lets go then little miss, up you go!" Ignoring the start of her protests, the former farmboy pick his familiar up and sat her on his shoulder with ease. As he left the library he rested his hand against the wall for a moment, allowing his aura to interact and show him the way back to his room from where he had ended up. "So what is it you can help me with little missy?"

"For now little, as you grow in strength I will do the same," the familiar grumbled to herself about both the treatment and the nickname that she had been given so quickly. "I am able to recharge your aura faster if I am close, and while within my element I am able to recharge my own at a rate that would also speed your own up."

"Perfect for a helper for now then. Ah, here we go!" The teen walked into the dorm at last, half asleep even as he wandered into his room. "Sorry little miss, but I reckon I'm gonna be out like a light soon as I hit the pillow, so I spose we can talk more in the morning." And, true to his words, the teen fell forward onto his bed, asleep in midair to the amusement and then fear of his familiar as she was launched off his shoulder into a pillow.​

The Next Morning
Blake's eyes began to crack open early, grumbling to himself about crazy dreams and needing to stop listening to his sister's audiobooks. He wondered why he didn't hear the telltale signs of the farm waking up, the sound of his father getting the tractor going and his mother cooking in the kitchen, his brother and sister fighting over the shower as they did almost every morning, and the rooster's crows as they were woken up. It was only as he fully opened his eyes only to find a badger cub seemingly glaring at him that he realized something was wrong.

"About time you woke up! You almost threw me into the wall last night," The badger spoke to him, and finally clued Blake in to the fact that he might not have been dreaming. In response, the Georgian teen only had one thing to say.

"WHAT THE ACTUAL FUUUUUUUUUUU"

Filler post
Dark purple- Nathan
Dirty white- Eric
Bold white- Joan/ other npc
Light purple- Hecate

As more students piled into the dining hall for breakfast, a scrawny boy named Nathan quietly weaved his way through the crowd. He had grabbed a plate and turned to get in line when a man at least three times his size bumped into him, the man spilling his entire plate on Nathan’s shirt “watch where you are going pipsqueak, you made me drop my plate” the older man grumbled Nathan looked at him, eyes wide behind his glasses “uh you bumped into me” he said, his voice quiet. The older man scoffed “no I think you bumped into me” he said before pushing Nathan to the ground.

Nathan grunted as he hit the ground hard, the older man and his friends laughing “good one Eric” another man said from behind him, Eric simply grinning at the praise “I said watch where you’re going pipsqueak” Eric spat, a toothy grin on his face “now apologize” the man said and Nathan simply stared at him “no” Nathan said, slowly rising to his feet “what was that?” Eric asked, anger rising in his chest at the boys words “I said no!” Nathan all but yelled, his purple aura flaring brightly and the pleasant scent of roses wafting over the room which gained the attention of some of the students.

I’ve always had to deal with bullies like you” Nathan said, the scent of roses slowly becoming stale. “No more” he seethed and Eric simply laughed, his own grey aura flaring to life and easily overpowering the smell of decaying roses with the stench of dog “and what are you gonna do about it” Eric said, squeezing his fist right in preparation to hit the boy. Nathan held his hand up and barely thought the thought, his aura swirled around his hand and fired off like a gun, striking Eric in the center of his chest. There was a cracking sound and then Eric was sent flying into the group of men behind him. Nathan’s aura puttered out and he stumbled backward “w-what was that” he stuttered, his vision becoming cloudy. He fell backward, only to be caught by a pair of small arms “that my dear is called an aura blast” the woman said, Nathan looked up to see it was Joan holding him up “a very powerful one at that” she said, looking across the room to Eric who was groaning in pain

Eric sat up gripping his chest “I’m going to kill you” he seethed, slowly standing to his feet with his aura once again firing on all cylinders “that is enough” a voice rang over the commotion. Hecate walked up and stood between Eric and Nathan “that is enough, stop or there will be consequences” she said, her voice calm as ever. Eric laughed “make me” he said, pulling his arm back to throw a punch. Just before his fist touched Hecate, a branch from the Yggdrasil caught his arm and yanked it back. Another shot out grabbing his other arm, then both his legs untill he was suspended in mid air. The Yggdrasil began siphoning his aura “s-stop” Eric cried out “I told you to stop, you didn’t listen” Hecate hissed “now sleep” she commanded and the boy dropped limped. The tree let him go and Hecate ordered a pair of Torc Allta to carry the boy to his room to sleep before turning to Nathan. She gave him a small smile before walking off into the corridor.

Joan picked Nathan up “go eat something” she commanded and Nathan nodded, shuffling towards the tables “oh and Nathan” Joan called out, causing Nathan to stop and look back at her. He saw that she had a bright smile on her face “Well done” she commended him, her smile becoming infectious. Nathan smiled and nodded, walking over to the tables to make his food while listening to the excited chatter of students asking him how he did what he had done to the bully.

The corners of the Appalachian's facial features met or twisted in opposing directions in displeasure. The white bird may have meant something different by it but James was no veterinarian.

The man had taken a step back, spitting food in someone's direction usually being something seen more as a rude thing unless you were familiar enough to know it as teasing. Ginko The Mushishi Ginko The Mushishi

After, heaised a brow and the lip to its opposite side in puzzlement. *What's this one's damage? If he wanted me away he could say it in less words*

The man was clearly angry now, the snarl his pinching face showed the handsome man having appeared just after being called a 'creature' and told it might be 'brutal' to sit next to him.

It seemed to only get worse as Rory failed to notice when the Virginian wished him to put a waded up sock between his pretty lips so as to quit sabotaging any prospects of James ever liking him with anything other than grudging acknowledgement of his good looks.

James Reed heard but could not compute Rory's words surrounding inviting Ember to join them, which ironically could've been counted to redeem his visage of Rory... if he wasn't so mad about all the other stuff.

The older teen said nothing for several seconds as he tried to pierce the heavy smoke of anger that clouded his thought process to decide how to speak to Rory in a friendly manner.

In the end James decided he couldn't at this time. He was too heated to think around the 3d Riku look-alike anymore.

"I'll see you later man... I can't say I like- having food spat at me or being called things like 'creature' or 'brutal' " he said with a tinge of hurt coloring the angered looks only briefly able to look in Rory's pretty direction.

And so James made his way around to sit near Eli, but at a little distance. He might soon seek solace with the adorable curly haired yound lad, but perhaps after he had settled enough to know he wouldn't burden the young man with the task of acting like a therapist to him. Orin Orin

*sweet cinnamon roll little Eli, who's never done me a single bit of harm... I can't be crying too close to him*, was the basic sentiment he was working with as his staff helpers followed behind him.

James placed his food down, the staff placing down the rest of it near him and Harry nudging him on his neck at an attempt at soothing him.

James would need to sit and sulk for a few moments, hoping he wouldn't need to cry anywhere near any other people. Right now James was basically DONE with fixing first impressions or any other form of bond building, or else he might have invited Ember as suggested (sans Rory as a form of spite). Rcticwolf Rcticwolf

Right now Eli was the only one he would be able to stomach talking to in any form, all others could sit near him but could cultivate hardly any of his attention...

Dest Dest DarkKitsune DarkKitsune Megilagor Megilagor

Filler post
Dark purple- Nathan
Dirty white- Eric
Bold white- Joan/ other npc
Light purple- Hecate

As more students piled into the dining hall for breakfast, a scrawny boy named Nathan quietly weaved his way through the crowd. He had grabbed a plate and turned to get in line when a man at least three times his size bumped into him, the man spilling his entire plate on Nathan’s shirt “watch where you are going pipsqueak, you made me drop my plate” the older man grumbled Nathan looked at him, eyes wide behind his glasses “uh you bumped into me” he said, his voice quiet. The older man scoffed “no I think you bumped into me” he said before pushing Nathan to the ground.

Nathan grunted as he hit the ground hard, the older man and his friends laughing “good one Eric” another man said from behind him, Eric simply grinning at the praise “I said watch where you’re going pipsqueak” Eric spat, a toothy grin on his face “now apologize” the man said and Nathan simply stared at him “no” Nathan said, slowly rising to his feet “what was that?” Eric asked, anger rising in his chest at the boys words “I said no!” Nathan all but yelled, his purple aura flaring brightly and the pleasant scent of roses wafting over the room which gained the attention of some of the students.

I’ve always had to deal with bullies like you” Nathan said, the scent of roses slowly becoming stale. “No more” he seethed and Eric simply laughed, his own grey aura flaring to life and easily overpowering the smell of decaying roses with the stench of dog “and what are you gonna do about it” Eric said, squeezing his fist right in preparation to hit the boy. Nathan held his hand up and barely thought the thought, his aura swirled around his hand and fired off like a gun, striking Eric in the center of his chest. There was a cracking sound and then Eric was sent flying into the group of men behind him. Nathan’s aura puttered out and he stumbled backward “w-what was that” he stuttered, his vision becoming cloudy. He fell backward, only to be caught by a pair of small arms “that my dear is called an aura blast” the woman said, Nathan looked up to see it was Joan holding him up “a very powerful one at that” she said, looking across the room to Eric who was groaning in pain

Eric sat up gripping his chest “I’m going to kill you” he seethed, slowly standing to his feet with his aura once again firing on all cylinders “that is enough” a voice rang over the commotion. Hecate walked up and stood between Eric and Nathan “that is enough, stop or there will be consequences” she said, her voice calm as ever. Eric laughed “make me” he said, pulling his arm back to throw a punch. Just before his fist touched Hecate, a branch from the Yggdrasil caught his arm and yanked it back. Another shot out grabbing his other arm, then both his legs untill he was suspended in mid air. The Yggdrasil began siphoning his aura “s-stop” Eric cried out “I told you to stop, you didn’t listen” Hecate hissed “now sleep” she commanded and the boy dropped limped. The tree let him go and Hecate ordered a pair of Torc Allta to carry the boy to his room to sleep before turning to Nathan. She gave him a small smile before walking off into the corridor.

Joan picked Nathan up “go eat something” she commanded and Nathan nodded, shuffling towards the tables “oh and Nathan” Joan called out, causing Nathan to stop and look back at her. He saw that she had a bright smile on her face “Well done” she commended him, her smile becoming infectious. Nathan smiled and nodded, walking over to the tables to make his food while listening to the excited chatter of students asking him how he did what he had done to the bully.

Ember was momentarily brought out of her funk as her ears twitched and she turned her head towards the commotion of a man pushing another to the ground.

She narrowed her eyes at the bully as a growl began to rise in her throat as her hand began gripping the table and the hardwood began to creak and splinter under the strain.

She was just about to stand up and come to the humans aid when he took care of the bully himself, and her anger diminished and she smiled seeing the praise the boy got from both Joan and Hecate as well as some of the other students praised him as well.

After the event and the boy Nathan grabbed his food and found a place to sit, Ember stood up and moved over to his table and sat across from him.

“Good job with that bully, I almost came in to help you as I can’t stand people like that, somebody needs to teach them a lesson, and you even got praises by lady Arc, something that I’m sure isn’t very easy” she chuckled

Rcticwolf Rcticwolf xpstitch xpstitch Ginko The Mushishi Ginko The Mushishi Dest Dest Megilagor Megilagor DarkKitsune DarkKitsune

Eli looked up from his plate at James when he sat down, the boy smiled trying not to show the food in his mouth. He swallowed before looking at James again “everything good?” He raised an eyebrow at James’ face, his eyes trailing past the boy to Rory “did that Near cosplayer say something?” He asked which a smile, hoping the boy would even get the reference. Eli turned back to his food and shrugged “how much do you think he spends on hair dye? There’s no way his hair is naturally white like that” the Sorcerer rolled his eyes and fed Yorrick a piece of apple “oh!!” He said, hoisting Yorrick up to sit on his lap “this is my familiar Yorrick” he said, and Yorrick nodded to both James and Harry “still not sure why I got a polar bear as my familiar but he’s cuddly so it’ll be ok” Eli said with a grin. Eli looked down to Harry “and who is this little guy? You know I studied a lot of reptiles at home…mostly gators and snakes but this guy is adorable” he gushed looking at Harry

Eli sighed when he noticed the teacher shooing students out of the hall “I’m assuming it’s finally time for classes” he shrugged as a Torc Allta collected his plate “wanna walk with me? Maybe we can brain storm ways to piss of edge lord over there” he said gesturing the white haired boy known as Rory

Nathan turned his head to see a very tall red headed girl with wolf ears? He couldn’t take his eyes away from her head “uh Thankyou?” He said more of a question, his eyes finally meeting hers “it felt great!” He exclaimed, the light in his eyes growing brighter by the second. He looked past her to the students leaving the dining hall “looks like it’s time for the first classes” he smiled and stood up, giving the next generation elder a small head nod before taking off with a few of his housemates who were still praising him.

Orin Orin DarkKitsune DarkKitsune xpstitch xpstitch Ginko The Mushishi Ginko The Mushishi Megilagor Megilagor Dest Dest

Ember smiled as she watched the boy Nathan walk away with some of his fellow students. “I hope this event doesn’t go to his head in a bad way” she spoke to herself, not exactly keeping it quiet so other could hear.

She stood up and stretched, her smile persisting as the thought of making a new friend permeated her mind as she too followed the flow of students out of the dining hall and into their first classes.

Ember sees that Lady Arc is her first teacher and bows as she enters the room. “It is a true honor Lady Arc” ember stated as she bowed “I look forward to learning from you”

Nikola "Niko" Hohenheim
Mentions: Rcticwolf Rcticwolf Ember
Interactions: DarkKitsune DarkKitsune Chimera , Orin Orin Joan d'Arc
"Thank you for the opportunity to sit down with you. Chimera, and hello Siren."
Bipi let out a few happy squeaks as he finished eating his food, ending it with one big happy squeak as he ate the strawberry provided to him by Siren, Niko seeing this had to tease his familiar a bit.
"Well, it seems Bipi has a crush on someone. But does Siren like you too little buddy? I will try arranging a playdate for you with her, but we have classes first you rascal, let's go places and do things, so hop in the satchel, and off we go." It felt weird to Niko that Bipi chose not to speak most of the time, instead acting fully animalistic, but he was his familiar, a part of himself so he had to accept him the way he was.

Niko stood up and opened his satchel and as soon as he did that Bipi jumped into it head first as if diving through water or snow, it took Bipi a while to be situated within the satchel but during that time Niko saw that some teacher began to shoo students out of the hall probably for the classes, and Torc Alltas collected plates, so Niko secured the satchels lid so Bipi won't fall out of it then he turned to Chimera and politely asked with a little bow to it.
"Fräulein Chimera, will you allow me to escort you to our first class?"
After saying so Niko unbent himself, and awaited Chimera's response, if she agreed he would walk towards the next class beside her, but if she declined Niko wouldn't mind and he would simply go after Chimera as to be able to see her and in case of inconvenience react. After all, She did resemble his youngest sickly sister, albeit Chimera was healthy at least appearance-wise, and not being able to be by his sister's side, he unknowingly latched onto Chimera as if she was a family member of his.

Yet his protective side died down a bit as he saw which teacher would be in charge of the class, albeit Niko wasn't of the religious sort at least not a Christian kind he did respect her in his own kind of way, even more so when she is real in front of him, and not just some art or text in a book. To show his respect he simply did a little bow with his right hand placed over his heart and saying. " It is great honor to witness a legend come true Madame Joan d'Arc, and as our red-headed friend here said it will be a pleasure for all of us to learn from you. At least I hope so! "
After which he promptly unbowed, and walked up to the side of Chimera, as to keep her company.

Rory Black
Interactions: Dest Dest DarkKitsune DarkKitsune xpstitch xpstitch Megilagor Megilagor Orin Orin Rcticwolf Rcticwolf

"I'll see you later man... I can't say I like- having food spat at me or being called things like 'creature' or 'brutal'"

Rory would have opened his mouth to speak once again, but upon realizing the man who stood before him had slunked away in a fit; Rory felt the words he would speak would help none. Aria had realized her mistake too late as well. "He was very mad.." Aria squeaked gently. "I thought fluffy bits were good.." Aria slid deeper into Rory's hoodie as a means of concealing her embarrassment.

"Were I aware you were throwing food at him, the conversation would have made a turn. I suppose he was far too occupied with what he cared to hear otherwise." Rory seemed well enough to discard the situation entirely and move on, but Aria on the other hand didn't.
"You hurt his feelings master! Your words weren't nice. It made him upset!"

"What does that matter in terms of reality? He has broad shoulders. It's a fact he would be a trouble to deal with sitting next to. My statement wasn't meant to deter him. It's his fault for taking it the wrong way. I told him I would still sit with him."

Aria nipped at Rory's chin in defiance, stopping him altogether from moving again. "That's not fair! You need to consider how other people feel. You should apologize. You know how it feels to be hurt by something you can't control!"

Rory frowned, running a hand through his white hair... He sighed softly and gave in. "You're right.. more so than I would like to admit.. Fine. I will apologize.." Rory grunted as he tried to eat his food. Aria would steal nibbles at times up until class began...

Lady Joan was the instructor for the first class today. Rory decided to keep to himself in a corner of the room. His brain was brewing up possible apologies towards James while Aria kept watch. She would notify Rory when class officially began..​

🍩CHIMERA KINDEL🍪
INTERACTION: Orin Orin Megilagor Megilagor Dest Dest Ginko The Mushishi Ginko The Mushishi xpstitch xpstitch Rcticwolf Rcticwolf

• On to classes we go!
    Chimera found it interesting how Bipi didn't talk. Maybe Niko didn't allow Bipi to talk or maybe the fennec fox couldn't or didn't want to talk. There was something that had transpired between two students which had caused Chimera to wonder if someone, for some reason, tried to bully her here... Could she learn something to help her defend herself? Would bullies be a problem in a place like this anyway, when summoning a creature was reality? Or gods and goddesses being real in general? It wasn't a regular school. And almost as if Siren had read her mind the grey fox says with her head poking out of Chimera's bag.

"If someone even attempts that, I will drown them"

Siren said it confidently to boot and made it sound fact. Chimera stared at her familiar for a moment. She knew grey foxes hunted their prey by chasing them into the water and letting them drown. But would Siren actually do that? That train of thought was cut off by Niko asking if he could escort her to class. Thinking about it for a moment, she nodded, she had a hard time talking to people, but Niko didn't seem to be that bad of a person...she would also prefer not to be alone, while some students started having a reality check that they can't bully anyone in a place where they were all being taught how to fight and learn what Chimera could only call generally as magic. And she followed Niko to class.

And so he sulked, but soon putting Harrold in his lidded bucket where his food was. James was roused by words from Harrold and began to munch into Beijing duck and the like.

The youth was finishing a loaded baked potato when Eli spoke to him. He didn't know that particular anime, having only fairly recently had access to anything not on cable television.

"I don't know that reference. But he reminds me of that guy from kingdom hearts who-... is in love with his best friend or something?" James told Eli, too bummed out to filter his words like usual. Orin Orin

James did however stop himself from alluding to that best friend being presumably a male with unusually spiky hair and a key for a weapon. For all he knew even mentioning gay people would set students off here.

Bratwurst and bowls of berries went down and his second plate was before him with saurkraut, Irish stew of beef, ratatouille and a fruit salad.

"He's a monitor lizard if I recall correctly and his name is Harrold... or Harry-" the Virginian said with mild embarrassment as he wondered why he had come up with such a joke name.

"Like- *yer a lizard Harry*" he explained with his large torso shrinking unfittingly from bashfulness.

*So he's from Florida then? Interesting...*

"Thanks but I'll catch up with you Mr....- Eli-... I've gotta make sure I eat enough to- use plenty of Aura...if today is anything like yesterday" he called out to him as he left, hoping Eli truly understood that he really did want his company.

James had been doing an odd dance with a Torc Alta where he had been subtly reaching for his steak knife, having thought he'd made himself very clear the previous day about eating til he was done.

And so the Torc Alta (more annoyed than intimidated likely) just stared while James munched on Swedish turkey meatballs, collard greens, Ceasar salad, fruit bowls and baby back ribs.

Young Reed took pity on the poor staff and sped his eating some on his 4th plate. He brought Harry 2 more buckets of 'crawlies' and was glad the lizard had finished the previous bucket before coming out to greet Eli and Yorrick, he didn't want Eli to see what he had been eating.

Apple juice and cooled tea went down, as did cornbread, deep dish combo pizza, burgers, butternut squash soup and a smoothie. A couple of times he debated doing more just to spite they who would deny him the time to eat more, and being kind by stopping where he had.

In the end, he saw the looks he was getting and swiped his coconut ice cream bowl after his 5th plate but ran with it to have it to-go on the way to class. He probably looked mighty stupid eating while he ran, and perhaps even more so when he showed up to class finishing with his bowl and spoon in hand.

James merely flexed his torso muscles with a look to Eli and some others such as Ember. Rcticwolf Rcticwolf

The elder teen was initially somewhat apologetic in his looks however. The Appalachian got his bearings as to see who was teaching by seeing where people's bodies had been facing.

'Hey, I didn't get biceps like these from keto, paleo and all the other nonsense diets' His look tried to telegraph.

xpstitch xpstitch DarkKitsune DarkKitsune Ginko The Mushishi Ginko The Mushishi

Ember sat to the side of the class, close to the wall. She looked around and saw the others, her eyes started on Rory as he practically hid in a corner and seemed very distracted about something. She then looked over at chimera and saw her with the boy niko, smiling as she saw the reserved girl actively trying to break her shell.

Lastly Embers gaze fell on James and his male boasting. “All men are the same, no matter the species” she whispered to herself as she rolled her eyes “but then again, even woman do it in some cases” she chuckled and looked back at him, watching him just to humor his ego

"Crazy freaking badger, not giving me time to have my mental breakdown," Blake grumbled to himself, half glaring at the chuckling form of his familiar as she rode upon his shoulder. His freakout had been interrupted part of the way through, the mustelid not allowing him to properly sink into it. Still though, it had taken long enough for him to calm down that he was nearly late to the class that apparently was real, not a creation of his mind. "Don't know why you're laughing so much; just means I have to figure out a way to get back at you."

"You can try oh bond of my heart but remember that you created me from your soul and mind, and as such I know how you may think," The grin that the Georgian received wouldn't have looked out of place on a fox, the young badger seeming to take great glee in teasing her companion. "And from what I have already gleaned from your sleeping mutters you are not one for subtlety."

"Maybe, but having older siblings gives you an advantage when it comes to pranking and getting revenge," Blake smirked back at her, slowly growing more comfortable as he wandered towards where the class would apparently be. This was a new experience for him for sure, and it was going to be a massive change to the kind of thing that he was used to, but he figured that it would just be a good idea to go along with it for now. Especially since he could still feel something at the edge of his senses, a grand ocean of power that seemed to just be waiting for him to draw upon it. Shaking himself slightly he forced himself back to paying attention to his walk, noticing that he was approaching the tail end of the other students shuffling into the classroom. "Well then, let's see about getting this show on the road."

Taking a place near the back, Blake noted where his dormmates were, nodding slightly as he saw various animals with them that were likely their own familiars. As he waited for the class to begin, he let his mind wander a bit to his family, wondering how they were actually taking his sudden departure now that he realized that it had actually happened and that he hadn't just fallen off the tractor again. Sighing, he forced himself to focus once more, preparing for class with the living legend Joan of Arc.​

Cyan= Eli
Light blue= Yorrick
White= Joan/ extras

Brown= Agnes
Dark blue= Gilgamesh
Pale Yellow= Jacob Townsley

Rcticwolf Rcticwolf DarkKitsune DarkKitsune Dest Dest Megilagor Megilagor xpstitch xpstitch Ginko The Mushishi Ginko The Mushishi

Eli shrugged “no problem, I mean we live in the same dorm” he chuckled, “im sure I’ll see you around” he said and walked with the crowd of students to their first class, Yorrick sitting on top of his head and earning some weird glances from other students with a few mutters “why does he have that thing” one voice said “what makes him so special” another spoke up and Yorrick whipped his head around and growled at them deeply, his eyes burning with cyan and the temperature of the hallway dropping by a few degrees. The girls shrieked and ran the opposite way, Eli reached up and scratched Yorrick behind the ear “thanks bud” he smiled sadly before walking into the class.

Eli sat in the front of the class near a rather large window. It wasn’t the normal class the sorcerer was used to like the ones back at his college, this class was massive and seemed to be big enough to hold an entire army. The desk were spaced out and made of wood with chairs to match that had soft blue, green, gold, or red cushions that Eli assumed were meant to represent each house. He sat himself on a blue cushion and sighed at how comfortable it was “I could get used to this” he said quietly before a sharp tap of metal drew his attention towards the front

The aura teacher Joan de Saint-Germaine also known as Joan of Arc stood in the front of the class holding a rather long French looking blade “good morning students” she said and was only met with a few murmurs in response. She cleared her throat, her aura flaring and the scent of lavender flooded the room. She slammed the sword into the wood creating a deafening crack that made most of the students, including Eli, flinch “I said good morning students” she repeated and everyone instantly responded “good morning professor Joan” the Frenchwoman smiled “now, today is a very important day, today you will learn how to summon your aura at will, as well as learning your first element” she clapped her hands excitedly as well as to calm the excited whispers that wafted around the class, now this process requires focus. “Up until now your auras only appeared when provoked or when it was needed, I’m going to teach you how to activate it at will as well as control the amount you use. Do well to remember that aura is not an infinite source of power, use to much of it and..” she raised her hand to a practice dummy that was at the other end of the class and willed her aura to life, Within moments the training dummy burst into white lavender scented flames “you will, as the scientist put it, spontaneously combust.” She smiled “but the trick is knowing when your body has had enough and trust me” her eyes scanned the room “you. will. know” he punctuated each word with a pause to give emphasis.

Now” she chirped, placing the sword on her desk “I cannot teach you the power of the elements because I myself am no master” she shrugged “my husband teaches me a few tricks now and then but I prefer the feel of a sword in my hands” she smiled and in walked all of the elemental professors. Sophie followed by her brother Josh, then gilgamesh followed by Agnes who shuffled in and took a seat at Joan’s desk “you all remember your elemental teachers. Joshua, your professor of fire magic” Josh nodded “just Josh is fine” earning a few giggles from the girl students and a sharp eye roll from Sophie. “Sophie, your professor of air magic ” Joan continued and Sophie waved. Even without her aura being active, the smell of vanilla ice cream wafted over the room to cover the smell of lavender and wood. “Agnes, your professor of earth magic” Agnes smiled from her seat and gave the class a head nod, “and Gilgamesh who apparently will be leaving after today” she gave him a sharp side glance and the older man shrinked backward “nevertheless he is your professor of water magic until our new staff member gets here” Joan said with a gleam in her eye, her pale cheeks turning red for the briefest of seconds.

Now we will call you at random” she picked up a piece of paper “Jacob Townsley” she called and a blonde haired boy cursed before standing up. He walked to the front and stood infront of Joan “I will teach you how to turn your aura on and off, and with time you will learn to control the output” Joan said and the boy nodded. Joan placed her hand on the boys head and began whispering something to him. The boy’s body shuddered and his pale yellow aura flared to life, the scent of clean laundry replacing the scent of vanilla ice cream. After a few seconds the boys aura puttered out and the scent of wood returned to the room. “Great job Jacob” Joan commended as the boy stepped back, he closed his eyes for a second and his pale yellow aura flared back to life within seconds and he smiled brightly as it faded out once more. “Beautiful aura” she clapped “now I want to to listen to that aura, let it tell you what element best matches it and you” she moved so the four professors could stand infront of him. Jacob let his aura flare to life and he stood quietly, his eyes closed as if he was actually listening to his aura. He thought of his home, the clean laundry his mother always folded, the feel of the sheep fur carpet, and the crackle of the fire that lulled him to sleep each night. “Fire” he spoke aloud before turning to Josh “I wish to learn the magic of fire” he said confidently and Josh smiled “very well” Josh stepped forward and placed a hand on the boy’s head and began speaking

It is said that the Magic of Air, Water, or even Earth is the most powerful magic of all. They are wrong. The Magic of Fire surpasses all others.” Josh began and Jacob closed his eyes

Fire is destruction, it can burn fields, and terraform Forrest” Jacob’s head jerked backwards as images of a rolling fire burning through crops and jumping over houses, an infernal blaze spreading through a oakwood forest until there was nothing left.

Fire is life, it can seal wounds and stop bleeding. Heal grevious wounds and keep you warm during cold nights.” The images shifted from the burning Forrest to a cold desolate landscape with nothing but snow as far as the eye could see. A small fire blazed to life infront of him and Jacob felt warmth, his cold hands stopped shivering and he sighed in relief at the feeling.

Fire is also creation, a product of the imagination” the landscape shifted again to an open field, firecrackers lit up the sky and bursted into numerous colors and shapes. Butterflies made of dazzling fire danced through the fields and swirls of smoke molded to take the shapes of animals.

Do not the power of fire lightly, wield this power with the knowledge that fire can be unforgiving.” Jacob stumbled backwards out of Josh’s grip “now Jacob” Josh spoke “look at your finger tip and imagine a small flame. focus” Josh said and the blond haired boy held up his hand, focusing on his index finger. Within seconds, a small pale yellow flame ignited and burned brightly “well done” jacob grinned and Josh’s words

Joan and the other professors began clapping and soon the whole class followed “now, we will continue” Joan said and began listing off names left and right, teaching each of them to summon their aura and then letting them choose their element. Almost fifteen names later and Joan’s voice rang out again “Renelliot Nestler” she called and Eli nearly fell out of his seat trying to get up, blushing at the few snickers his classmates let out. Eli stood infront of Joan “renell…” she stopped as Eli cut her off “Eli, please..call me Eli” he said nervously and Joan just smiled “Eli” she corrected her self with a respectful nod “I will now teach you how to turn your aura on and off at will” she smiled once more “ I remember your aura from the sorting ceremony, reminds me of an elder I once knew” she whispered before placing her hand on his head “close your eyes Eli and imagine a switch of some sorts, it could be a light switch on a wall, the power button on your phone, the string on a lamp..” Joan said and Eli thought hard, a picture of a boat appeared in his vision. It was the same boat he grew up fishing on and when he looked down he noticed the rip cord to the engine in his hand. “Do you have an image?” Joan asked and Eli nodded “the engine rip cord from my family’s boat.” Eli responded and Joan gripped his head a little tighter “and what do you do to start a boat Eli?” she asked, the presence of a smile in her voice.

Eli didn’t need to respond, he knew what to do. With all of his mental strength he pulled the rip cord and the engine roared to life, his cyan aura flared to life and filled the room with the scent of saltwater “wonderful Eli, now how would you turn that engine off?” She asked and Eli thought for a second, in his vision, he looked at the engine and noticed the button on the side “of course!” He mumbled and mentally pressed the button, the engine puttered out and stopped. His aura followed suit and fizzled out of existence “well done Eli “ Joan commended him. Eli took a step back and repeated the process, imagining himself pulling the rip cord and feeling as his aura flared to life before willing it away. “Now you will choose your element, and I think you already have an idea of which one” Joan said and nudged him towards the professors.

Eli looked at each of the teachers untill his eyes fell on the scraggly hairy man known as Gilgamesh. “Water, Professor Gilgamesh” he stepped forward “I would like to learn the magic of water, it’s what connects me to my family, to the earth and to nature as well as to Yorrick” he said confidently, he wasn’t even sure where that came from but he was certain that he was supposed to learn the magic of water. Gilgamesh cackled “very well young Eli, you know, you remind me of an Elder I once knew..I wish I could remember his name.” Gilgamesh paused as if you search his memory and Eli took a glance at Joan who had a knowing expression on her face ‘didn’t Joan say the same thing?’ He thought to himself ‘are they talking about the same person?’ His thoughts raked his brain before his train of thought was interrupted by Gilgamesh “no matter” the man said before placing his dirty unkept hand on Eli’s tuff of hair, causing Eli to shrink back a little but still maintain contact “listen well young Eli” Gilgamesh said before starting

It is said that the Magic of Air or Fire or even Earth is the most powerful magic of all. But that is wrong. The Magic of Water surpasses all others, for water is both the lifegiver and the deathbringer.

Water supports life and gives home to thriving ecosystems” a vision of a vast ocean appeared before Eli, he was plunged downward into the cold ocean causing him to gasp “over seventy- one percent of the earth is water, holding millions of unknown creatures and life.” A pod of whales swam by Eli, hundreds of fish and squid untill he noticed they were running from something. He turned around to be faced with a squid that was bigger that the Empire State Building. It slowly wrapped its massive tentacle around him and before he could scream the landscape shifted

Water can destroy, drown cities and forests” the landscape morphed into a city, a massive wave crashing down and destroying skyscrapers in the process.
But above all, water is essential for all to survive and thrive” the image shifted to a dessert village on the verge of dehydration when the sky cracked open and poured water down upon them as they danced the in the streets.

Do not take the power of water lightly, use it with great reverence and remember that the power of water can be devastating” Eli stumbled back from Gilgamesh’s grip and shook his head “now, summon rain young one. Focus on the single thought and let your aura do the work” Eli closed his eyes and thought one single word, rain. A cloud slowly built in the class room and rain began pouring on all the students, Sophie waved her hand to create a vanilla scented barrier of air that stopped the students from getting wet “well done” Gilgamesh said as Eli smiled “well done Eli” Joan repeated and eyed him for a second then turned her head slightly to the other professors who seemed to have the same thought floating in the heads. Eli noticed this “is something wrong?” Eli asked, noticing the tension “no Eli” Agnes spoke for the group “but, I will tell you what the others will not” she lowered her voice so only the professors and Eli could hear her, ignoring the frowns from Sophie and Joan “go to the library and research the Elder Neptune” she smiled and toothy grin “you might be surprised as to what you find” she said before shooing him off as Joan called the next student.

Eli returned to his seat, his head spinning “I remind them of an elder?” He asked Yorrick who was now sitting in his lap “Neptune as in the Roman god of the seas?” He asked Yorrick quietly and Yorrick nodded “Well Master as you know, most gods in mythologies are actually elders, I mean you met Hecate right? And in the humani myths she is the Greek goddess of magic and crossroads” Yorrick responded quietly and Eli nodded “yea that’s true, but what does Neptune have to do with me?” Eli asked and Yorrick shook his head “I’m not sure but if they all said something about it, it has to be important” Yorrick responded and Eli sighed “guess a trip to the library is in order huh?” Eli asked and Yorrick nodded. The new water elementalist rested his head on his fist as he watched the rest of his class mates learn to control their aura and picks their element.

Young Reed heard whispers, unsurprised that some of the girls (and even a few guys) were looking him up and down appreciatively.

However, he noticed that some of the attention in the room was also directed at Eli. The looks did not seem to vibrate friendliness.

*There's something I don't like about the way they're staring* Orin Orin

James tried to pinpoint what it was that was bringing his schoolmate so much attention and after several seconds James had an inkling. *The rest don't all have familiars like me and him...*

James whispered something to his new friend Harrold and the lizard lept onto one of the sneering classmates.

"What the-" was said in panicked alarm, the student beginning to flail to try to slap the lizard off in fright.

As well, "Get it off, get it off! It's a fuc$%ng spider isn't it?!" was uttered. That along with the other semi-shouts of concern and fear that they would be next.

After about 5 seconds of Harry making laps about the other's torso, James reached out and arm for Harrold to leap back onto him.

The other students recoiled some from him, James merely scanning them all with a disapproving look. *I know what you were saying. Eli didn't do anything to you so leave him alone you jealous brats*

Harrold made his way up his arm to rest atop the teen's head, in solidarity with Eli. After that most of the stares he got left, save a particular redhead. Rcticwolf Rcticwolf

James made sure to finish his food quickly, avoiding her gaze now. *Is she looking at me because of what Harry did or-... the icecream?... or-the muscles?...*

James smiled and blushed some at the thought, finding some safe place for his bowl til he could dispose of it later.

Soon however, the Appalachian tuned into the lesson the resident Saint and the others were teaching. His eyes widened and lips pursed in alarm at the warnings on using up too much Aura. *that doesn't look very good and maybe even very painful...*

The Virginian watched the various students' instructions and drew in a deep breath alike to a gasp at the descriptions being given to the destruction elements could bring.

*is that really stuff that WE can do with our magics?*

"James Reed" Joan called out, James luckily having had some time to overcome the awe of everything some. (He'd be having his head touch by literal Saint).

When asked about an image, the man nervously revealed that his first instincts were keys in one of the trucks or other vehicles he drove about the mountains.

"You know, the green Appalachia to my side... the road ahead and I'm doing some logging or trucking work?"

He 'turned' the imagined key in the ignition and the moist bark from the mountains washed over the room, some of the students getting lost in imagiing along side James. The mint caused some to unintentionally open their noises to take in more of that smell.

"More familiar themes here... You're an alchemist with mint in his Aura scent. Just like the headmaster Nicholas..." Joan said with a smile mixed with interest.

"One of the... Torc Alta said something similar... that I smell of 'Flamel' " James commented, seeing little reason to keep things from Lady Joan of all people.

James turned the key in the reverse direction, the smell of wet bark and mint clearing away.

When it came time to find his element, he already knew somehow in his heart. Noone would be too surprised by his words. His Aura scent, upbringing and even clothes would make it odd if his element was anything different.

"I am of the Earth element, professor Agnes."

"The Appalachia mountains are my homeland. I was raised working with wood and felling logs of green leaves. I have mined stone, jumped from boulders and into bushes all my life, teach me the magic of Earth"
he said with a respectful bow of his head towards Agnes.

"It is said that the Magic of Air, Water, or even Fire is the most powerful magic of all. They are wrong. The Magic of Earth surpasses them all“ Agnes began.

“Earth can bring down mountains and create canyons”

James closed his eyes he was immediately met with the image of a great mountain, the ground began to rumble violently. The mountain began breaking into chunks and falling to the earth right before him. The ground blow him split open, causing him to slide down into the chasm.

“Earth brings life, the plants and trees, the fruits and berries, the birds and cows, all bow to the magic of earth”

The darkness of the chasm shifted into a beautiful redwood forrest teaming with wild life. Flowers of all kinds littered the grounds. Edible plants hung all around.

“But be warned, earth can bring down civilizations and reclaim its territory”

Before him now was a bustling city full of people, lights and sounds. The sounds became shrieks of terror as scryscarpers were pushed over by roaring earthquakes. James was treated to some quickened reel of the destroyed city was marked as claimed by the vines of mother nature.

“Wield the power of earth with caution and knowledge that it can be destructive without focus”

James shook his head to return to his previous reality, dispelling the odd trance state he had entered. Agnes' wisened hands brought to him grabbed him a pot full of soil.

“Now Mr. Reed, imagine flowers in this pot” she commanded.

Young Reed closed his eyes again.
Within seconds a yellow daisy had bloomed from the center of the dirt of that pot.

Rory Black

Clean Laundry

Saltwater

Moistened bark and mint.

Two of these individuals were Rory's roommates, and one of them he rudely insulted. Intentionally or no, Rory did feel bad about it. When James was finished with his examination, Rory's own name was called forth.

"Rory Black" Joan called for his attention. Rory stood on command, and made his way down to her. Rory had been mulling over the words that had been repeated many times already: an image in your mind. When closing his eyes, and while Joan touched his forehead.. Rory began to imagine.

"Do you have an image?"

Rory could not see it, for there was total darkness in his mind. Nothing could be shaped, nor formed. So Rory simply stated what he saw- "It is completely black. There is no image." He continued to reign his imagination to his favor. "But I can make one." Rory spoke with confidence in his abilities. Within the pitch black a shape of a square began to trace itself through the dark. Then the shape began to take on a more intricate design. It became a window that seemed to be holding something back, but in Rory's belief it was ready to burst; not holding something back but waiting to bring something out.. A smirk slowly formed over Rory's face as his hand stretched out towards the window in the darkness, unlatching the lock. In flooded the light that would soon enough give life to Rory's aura of Aero Green.

An Herbal breeze filled the room rather arrogantly. Rory watched as his aura would die down after its awakening. He was pleased with himself and looked at Lady Joan.

"My element has been with me since the day I was born. I don't need to search for it. It has lead me here even; to this Academy.." Rory turned his gaze towards Professor Sophie.

"I am one with the Air- I follow the path of the wind, and it leads me to where I am destined to go."​

“It is said that the Magic of Fire, Water, or even Earth is the strongest magic. They are wrong. The Magic of Air surpasses all others.” Sophie began the speech, while Rory mused over how each magic is believed to be the strongest against the other.
“Air can topple buildings and break down mountains, it can create thunderstorms and create tornadoes ” Rory closed his eyes to be met with visions of gale force winds, throwing buildings like toys. A hurricane formed before his eyes, a tornado coming just behind it picking Rory up and swirling him around. He felt entirely free and able to perceive the power of the wind to its fullest.
“Air can be a gentle breeze on a hot day, cooling even the most intense heat. It can fill sails and spin windmills” the vision shifted to a field of windmills spinning at the same pace, a cool breeze danced on Rory's skin and he looked up to see kites flying above him. There was peace and reconciliation towards air, even if its strength boasted natural disaster.
“Air is freedom, the ability to travel and connect with others. Air is essential for all life” the image flipped to an open blue sky, birds flew gracefully and planes roared over head. This was true freedom, this was what Rory had been searching for since he began to understand the power of wind. Back when he was younger, seeing the sea crash against the cliffside of Ireland. The winds pushing and battering his young form..All he could think of when he was younger was just how fascinating it could be.

“Use the power of Air with respect and consideration for the element of air can be vengeful.” Sophie finished speaking and Rory stepped backwards from her grasp.

“now, think of fog” she commanded.

Rory closed his eyes once more, with his palms outstretched a potent and cloudy fog rolled from his palms on to the floor with the scent of an herbal breeze... But why stop there? Rory decided to push it further. The entire room began to fill with the fog and dominate the scene while wisps slowly formed around his palm like tiny whirlwinds that danced across his hand. It seemed as if the small experiments he had done with his wind magic before his full grasp had paid off. Just enough to play around a tad bit more than the others.. The fun was short lived, as Sophie cut the cord on the display.
"I see you have an incredible attachment to Air, it can be fulfilling to realize your strength... But don't let it get to your head." Sophie smiled softly, and Rory acknowledged her words.. The thick and cloudy fog dissipated from the classroom.

Rory felt like that was the first time he actually showed some emotion in front of others, actual excitement and wonder..Sophie was right though, his strength with air was apparent but better to be humble than arrogant. Rory would withdraw back to his seat for good measure. Aria on the other hand- was very proud of her master. He had shown what he was capable of to others! Maybe they would take an interest in him now?
Rory dreaded that idea- he was still hung up about hurting James...What was the best way to show forgiveness?​

Last edited:
🍩CHIMERA KINDEL🍪

• how to use aura like a oven thermostat 101

Chimera's thoughts italic

Siren is either italic or speaking in this color

Joan is In Bold

Gilgamesh is in italic and bold

Different scents filled the room as each student went up to learn how to activate and deactivate their aura at will and choose their elemental alignments. Notably, the scents of seawater and moist bark and mint. But if the fifteen-year-old focused enough she could smell a lovely herbal breeze that was there as Rory and the bright light of aero green flashed the room. She watched as everything ended up being covered in fog after everything was said and done. Chimera waited for her name to be called, fidgeting with the pearl clasps on her bracelet, making them spin around in attempt to ease her nerves as her stomach began to feel pang with a nauseous feeling. She didn't understand why,--her name hadn't been called yet. "But it will be soon" at first she had assumed it to be her own thoughts, her own mind getting the best of her at that moment, but it was the voice of siren who couldn't be heard by the others from her bag. The gray fox continued.

"And you won't have anything to worry about. After all, you were able to summon me."

Chimera thought back to what they had learned about aura, that too much usage of it may cause the user to combust into flames. Like a dangerous double-edged knife, of course, Chimera felt shame because of her own surprise. After all, there can only be so much of a good thing before it can become bad. Only so many sweets before one becomes sick to their stomach...if she were to compare it to anything. More students were called up by Joan, and eventually she was called up.

"Chimera Kindel."

'Here we go...' she was still dealing with the nerves that decided to not settle so well in the pit of her stomach. She released a deep breath and stood up. 'Everyone else did it...why shouldn't I?' She tried to keep herself composed, while she still spun the beads on her bracelet she knew she couldn't have a nervous breakdown in front of the class in front of the staff in front of the students... 'it would make me a target for bullying all over again....' with that Joan asked.

"Do you have an image?"

Chimera closed her mixed-matched eyes...the first thing that came to mind was the thermostat of an oven. It worked like a switch to turn it to a specific number and the oven would warm to a specific temperature perfect for baking sweets for Kindel's Bakery. That was the image she had in mind with a nod of her head. She imagined turning on that nob, a flash of Viridian green filled the room, followed by the smell of rosemary. She continued to turn it forward, then she dialed the nob back to Zero. Once the oven thermostat turned to zero, she opened her eyes. But what about her element? Chimera thought about it...fire produced heat, something she could potentially use for baking, yet it still didn't feel quite right. Then she thought about air, but that didn't settle with her well either...she thought about the earth...not her first pick. The most she had ever done was help take care of plants. She felt she lacked too much of a precious connection with the earth to pick it, which left one option...
    Siren pokes her head out of the bag and at that moment Chimera remembers when she first summoned her familiar...

"I am Siren, your familiar of water. Now bound to you. Chimera of the Kindel clan"

Familiar of water...water...water that could replace milk in icing when there is none or water that can make or break what one bakes depending on the recipe, water...that held the expression of drowning when you feel under pressure....water somewhere felt right in ways she couldn't explain in her head. With that being her choice, she snapped away from her thoughts.

"I-I think water..."

Gilgamesh put his hand on her head and the presentation began.

“It is said that the Magic of Air or Fire or even Earth is the most powerful magic of all. But that is wrong. The Magic of Water surpasses all others, for water is both the lifegiver and the deathbringer."

She watched as the landscape change to a beautiful scenery. A rain forest with a river that looked like it was the result of a cascading waterfall. The body of water was filled with fish and there where land animals drinking from the body of water...

“Water supports life and gives home to thriving ecosystems”

Then the scene had been changed, altered. A mess of a rainstorm had come in. If she hadn't known any better she would've thought of a tsunami, but it wasn't quite that size. Animals laid on the ground drowned and trees that had fallen on the ground from failing resistance against the incoming storm.

“Water can destroy, drown cities and forests”

The storm had then ceased, as Gilgamesh had said.

“But above all, water is essential for all to survive and thrive”

The scene changed to a dessert, there were people lost and animals both alike searching for some form of hydration. Apart of this was terrifying Chimera, she hadn't come to realize just how important water was, not until here.

“Do not take the power of water lightly, use it with great reverence and remember that the power of water can be devastating.”

With that, the presentation ended. She was then asked to create a storm similar to Eli. With a deep breath she closed her eyes once more...focusing on her aura, she twisted the metaphorical nob, she twisted it a little. Not a lot, as it added a mental feeling of safety that she wasn't going overboard. The result was creating a small storm in small size. As a matter of fact, it was only big enough to water the daisy that James had summoned when he was up there prior. She then went back to her seat.

'Water...the bringer of life...water the death bringer...I want to sustain life... somehow...one way or another...but will I be able to do it?'

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back