Fight or Flight: Survival [Fight or Flight]

Etna Adre

The streets of the city.

The clouds certainly look nice today. Etna thought as she slunk through the back ally of the city, trying to avoid attention. At her side the retriever sized chimera snorted out of it's goat head, as if to disregard the weather. The scaly mishmosh of creatures had been instucted to stay close and as inconspicous (as much as a mythilogical monster can be inconspicuous. Quiet you. She thought at it, Now where was that building? I think it was around here. This time the lion snorted at her and tugged the sleeve of her coat, turning her to face the abandoned barber shop. "Oh." She said out loud. "There it is." The building was old and rotting. Slightly hidden from public view by its location in a back ally behind the commercial district, the place was an excellent hideout for the rebels. Or at least she hoped. She had only heard rumors that it might be one of their hideouts. She'd been to five different places already that had proved bust. This time for sure then. She thought as she opened the door and was greeted with... nothing. A thin layer of dust covered the entire place. "DAMMIT!" She shouted before wincing and glancing around. Thankfully the store remained silent, except for chimeras panting heads. Something caught her eye though. Specks of blood on the floor. The place was at least a hideout then. I wondor if... Aha! She grinned as she discovered a strip of cloth stuck to the metal arms of one of the crumbling barber chairs. Perfect, she thought as she pocketed it. Now all I need is...

"Ma'am I'm going to need you to stand up and turn around and put your hands where I can see them." A loud voice barked at her, totally killing her train of thought.

She complied though and faced what looked like two soldiers, probably a small part of a patrol that was sent to check this building. She observed as she looked around the shop. Chimera was curled up in the corner, out of sight for now. There didn't seem to be any other Soldiers. The one who had spoken was asking the usual questions. Hmmmmm The OH GOD ITS A MONSTER PLAN it is then. After giving several more half hearted answers she widened her eyes, screamed and pointed at the corner "OH GOD IT'S A MONSTER, IT MUST BE ONE OF DEM METAS!" and finished with a thought Shimmy Attack. Shimmy the chimera immediately responded and jumped at the men with bestial ferocity, tackling one and dousing the other with a gout of flame. Obfuscating panic as much as she could, she ran out of the building past additional enforcer, who immediately went into the building and was met with another gout of fire breath. Etna ran as far as she could from the scene and when the entire patrol had surrounded the house, she dismissed chimera and flinched at the burning sensation that accompanied it. She grinned though, the enforcers would have no idea what happened and she made a clean get away. After taking a moment to breathe, she knelt down and pulled out some chalk. After taking a glance around to make sure she was alone, she drew a summoning circle about 3 feet wide and extended a hand to it. She took a deep breath and focused all of her thoughts on the circle when she felt just right she gave it the last push verbally calling the monster she wanted , "Κέρβερος".(Cerberus) The three headed dog immediately responded and crawled off her shoulder and into the physical world, manifesting itself at about the size of Chimera before it, a thick set lab. She gave the black dog's (who she called Tria) stomach a pat, as it was the only way to keep all three heads happy. She pulled the scrap of cloth out of her pocket and showed it to them. Dead? she asked telepathically. All three heads sniffed it and gave a unanimous no. Can you find it? Two yeses and a maybe (from snappy, the right head who seemed to just Looooove being contrary). Ok through those tunnels then, she pointed to the subway system. and all three of the heads barked and ran down.

After about an hour of walking through the abandoned tunnels of the old subway Tria finally decided that they needed to resurface and the pair stealthily found their way out of the tunnels. High rise huh. She thought, Rebels must be preeeetty flush. She followed Tria another block before the dog found what she was looking for. An apartment. Good job girl. go hide. Tria immediately concealed herself in the ally next to the apartment, as she climbed to the door and knocked.

@King Of Imagination (His door) @Shura

((Hope that isn't too much))

Haan Kippevlees

Wandering the Commercial District

Looking around the many shops that littered the Commercial District, Haan kept a close eye on any store that he thought might look good to shop at, his backpack hanging off his shoulders. He had recently gotten some money from his part-time job at a local club, they said something about needing "tough looking thugs" to protect their place, and was now curious about where he could spend it. He didn't particularly want anything, as he was pretty content, but the money in his pocket was starting to burn, and he hadn't been out in a while. Honestly, he had been rather paranoid ever since his powers had awaken, so he needed to do something to get the ever cautious feeling off his shoulder. A smoothie would be nice, now that he though of it-

Cluck

Yeah, it had been a while since he had one of those rich, thick cream drinks. The last time he had had the chance to even see one was when his Aunt had taken them out to eat for a congratulation reward, after he had gotten his first job. He also didn't go into the club he gaurded all that often, a combination of personal interest and the owner's preference, preventing hi-

Cluck

Haan stopped mid step, as he had just began to turn off from the sidewalk and into a nice looking shop. Turning around, Haan smiled slightly as he saw a chicken sticking its head out from an alleyway, the little animal looking around for danger. Walking to the little bird, the chicken stared at him, its gaze holding Haan's, before its gaze once again started to flit around, the bird's short attention span not being completely pleased by Haan's face.

Cluck

Haan chuckled before looking around, the street really wasn't a place for a small defenseless animal to be, especially with all the military and Metas running around, their extreme powers wrecking places. Leaning forward with his arms stretched out, Haan slowly picked up the chicken and held it close to his chest. The animal was calm as he picked it up, passive under his careful and experienced farmer hands

He smiled down at the curious chicken,
"I'm going to call you Clucky." Bending back up, Haan started to walk up to the door of the cafe, a small place called "Cakes and Stuff".

@AnyoneWhoLovesCafes @AnyoneWhoLovesChickens

Xeno Nett

Cakes and Stuff

Xeno was picking at his cake when he heard the doorbell of someone going inside. He stretched his neck, trying to see over the wooden barriers. Wait, a chicken? He stood up, his fork clacking on his plate. He walked over to the suspicious male with a chicken. "Is... Is that a chicken? Or am I dreaming?" he asked, observing the chicken and resisting the urge to poke it.

@DamagedGlasses

Last edited by a moderator:
Aleks stood still, arms crossed, absently staring at Noah's retreating back as he devised some kind of plan, he had spent more time here than he preferred. A voice broke his concentration and he could see Creepy, as Noah called her, watching him and the beast, her dripping physique making him keep her in his peripheral vision, though why he didn't really know at the moment. Watching her for a bit before answering he almost looked at her in some kind of pity or sorrow at her predicament, only to chase the feelings away, wanting to prevent the beast next to him from somehow noticing and yelling at him some more. During a few moments of silence he produced in inward grin as he toyed with the thought of Eric having, what seemed like an impossible thing at the time, a protective, mother-like instinct...or maybe it was something more personal? The thought almost made him chuckle aloud so he focused on the question at hand.

"Aleks..." he said, arms still crossed, waiting for Eric to asnwer.

@DamagedGlasses @Alex Phalin

Noah Chenxao

Rebel Hideout

Noah saw a woman gesture for silence. Perhaps it would be best to not attract attention and make noise if they were hiding from the military. Noah caught up the woman as they began heading to the apartments.

"Hello," Noah said in a lower voice, "I got distracted and fell behind, sorry." Noah looked around and then back at the woman. "Where are we?" Noah could tell it was somewhere in the Highrise district judging from the change of apartments and scenery.

@Shura (forgot the tag again.....confound it)

Eric Miles

Sewers

Eric finished off the rat, picking at his teeth with a piece of splintered rib bone.

"Eric." he answered the goo girl, watching her for a few moments. He thought he had it bad, with his mutations...

"So, what's your deal, lightshow? It burned like fuck when you shot me, and you avoided my fire pretty easily. Not an easy task, kid." he said, his tail flicking back and forth idily.

@DamagedGlasses @TranscendedEllen

---

Jason Morris

Apartments

Jason could hear voices filtering in and out, unable to make out any of the conversations going on. It was enough to pull him back to consciousness though, and he groaned quietly as he shifted on the huge playing card. As he did though, his power kicked in, and he fell right through and landed hard on the ground under it. He let out a yelp of pain, the shock waking him fully.

"W-Where? What?" he groaned, looking around at everyone. He didn't recognize a single one except for the girl that shocked him earlier, fixing his glasses as he moved from under the card and sat up.

"W-who are you people? Where did you take me?"

@everone I'm too lazy to tag.

Charles Icaros

En Route to the hideout

Charles entered the hideout in the old apartment building. "Subtle," He said to himself as he looked around. "How are we gonna fit everyone in this tiny apartment?" Surely there wasn't enough room to fit 11 people in a single bedroom, and the apartment looked too small for a number of people that large to live in anyway.

Sark Tertius

En route to a Rebel research lab

Sark was busy driving over to one of the Rebel's research labs, where experiments were being made on military weapons captured by the Rebels. He pulled out his phone to check on Ace, who was in charge of Meta recovery. Putting the call on speakerphone, he asked Eris, "Yo, Eris, what's up? Find any good Meta for our group yet?"

Kuro Heur

Rebel Hideout

Kuro stared at his shoes, eyes locked on to them. Any outbursts that happened unaffected him, and he was still reluctant to look up. Golden eye shot up to Kuro's face. "What's the issue?" it hissed. "Why are you not gathering information?" Kuro stared at the eye, thinking of an answer. "Er... I'm nervous?" he tried. He slowly looked up, half expecting a zombie to eat him. He blinked. An... An apartment? Where exactly did he expect to go, following these people? He sighed as he looked around, thinking of a plan for escape.

Aleks took pride in the fact that his neon bolt fired earlier actually hurt Eric, the scaly, scary, big, bad dragon-like hybrid and he couldn't help but grin and feel his paranoia fade, a new boldness poisoning his mind.

"Well...my deal is...", Aleks was pure neon gas now, swirling through the dank air and reforming behind Eric. "If you're referring to my...condition...I was at a rave and the explosion did this." Aleks stepped out from behind Eric and looked to the two, now a bright green and yellow mass of light streaks taking on the shape of a faceless human.

"Really I haven't found much use for this besides sick-ass light shows and the vandalism of the upper wor-" Before he could finish the sentence he abruptly solidified, stumbling backwards with a grimace on his face, keeping back a wave of vomit, a light sheet of sweat coating his body. Doubled over, hands on his knees, he held up a hand as a sign to stay back. Seemingly he hadn't given himself much time in between uses to recharge.

"Yo, I'm good...I'm good...so...you two have a destination in mind?"

Haan Kippevlees

Cake and Stuff

Haan looked at the man with his eyebrows raised, his gaze filled with questions as he watched the man gain a sudden interest in Clucky, as well ask a rather obvious question. Holding the chicken closer to his chest, not liking how the man looked like he wanted to do something to Clucky, Haan answered,
"Uh, yeah, its a chicken."

Pushing past the odd man, Haan went over a seat in the back of the cafe, and sat down. Putting Clucky to his left, Haan was pleasantly surprised when the chicken sat down, staying still and calm as he called over a waitress to take his order.

@TurtleGod

Penny Wilson

Volonil City Sewer

Penny looked on interest as Aleks, the name of the light man, start to glow like the Hole God did. Was this Aleks a preacher of the greatness that the Hole God certainly was? Penny watched interested as she looked between the two, taking in their conversation for future reference. They both seemed like such nice, really scary people, a fact that didn't really bother Penny.

As she was about to say something, Penny suddenly gurgled loudly as she was struck by hunger. It had been a while since her last meal, and the delicious rat hadn't done much to sate her appetite. Maybe if she could get a hold of one of those human like last time. Penny frowned as she looked at the Hole God, knowing
there was no way she would be able to get to the Outside and look for these humans.

Looking at Aleks and Eric, her eyes once again splitting in attention, Penny asked,
"WwhHere HumMans?"

@Alex Phalin @TranscendedEllen

Eric Miles

Sewers

Eric folded his arms over his chest, his scales bristling a bit when he heard Aleks' voice behind him. His tail twitched reflexively, but he resisted the urge to slit his throat as he moved in front of him.

"Can't use it for long, huh?" he asked, smirking a bit as he chewed on what was left of the bone. "Where we're going? Fucker, we're home. I might go by the apartments later just to get some meat, but that's it. We have nowhere to go."

He glanced over at Penny when she spoke up, raising an eyebrow at the gurgle. It was a little unsettling how her eyes did that, but he didn't make a comment on it.

"Humans? Why, you wanna eat one? They're all up there. You know, outside? We could always get Lightshow here to go up and kidnap a few people for us." he said with a shrug.

Xeno Nett

Cake and Stuff

Xeno stared at the chicken. He sat down at a vantage point where he could see the chicken but wouldn't disturb the man holding her. He used binoculars, and a waiter asked him to stop using them, but he shooed them away, watching as the chicken settled in the man's lap. He stared for a while, then went back to his table and continued to unenthusiastically eat bits of his cake, taking seconds to glance at the chicken then back to his plate.

@DamagedGlasses

Penny Wilson

Volonil City Sewer

Penny quickly swiveled her head towards Aleks, both of her eyes on him. She knew he was a prophet of the Hole God, she hadn't been mistaken at all! Penny moved closer to the lightman and smiled her large toothless grin, the expression overflowing with excitement, eagerness, and some slime. She made sure not to get too close, but her need for humans was fueling her desire. Her skin started to become unstable as her attention and concentration started to become frayed and split as she started to think back to the humans she had eaten in the past. Mm, they were so good! She had to have more!

"YyoUu GgeTt HhumaAns?" Even her speech was slightly more off as the slime melded her mouth together and her mouth snake became less substantial. However, Penny paid this no mind, as her only goal was to get Aleks to go up and bring her some humans, preferably plump ones like the first ones had been.

Aleks Vitaly

Sewers

Aleks perked up at the mention of kidnapping random people for food. On one hand he was almost excited, he had never done any major crime, only misdemeanor crimes and kidnapping would definitely provide some adrenaline...a drug greater than any to the neon man. Yet there was his morally good side that was more than a bit disturbed at these two's merciless intentions, even if the food would be people that hated Metas.

Penny stepped closer, a large smile on her face that was unsettling, but a nice moment wrapped into one hungry goo-girl. Aleks wanted to refuse but the happiness she exudes was something he didn't really want to destroy.

"Um...I could try but there's always a chance of serious repercussions for me..." he said, flashing a what should I do look to Eric.

@DamagedGlasses @Alex Phalin

Eric Miles

Sewer

Eric couldn't help but laugh a bit at her enthusiasm. She seemed so excited about the prospect of eating people, and he didn't mind the idea either.

"C'mon, how can you say no to that face? I mean, if you're a pussy, then I understand why you'd be afraid of nabbing some homeless people, people nobody's gonna miss." he said with a shrug, looking over at Penny.

"Sorry, I think Lightshow's not man enough to do it. We're gonna have to wait for someone that's not a total coward to help us out." he said, his stomach growling loudly as he smirked, looking over at Aleks.

Jennifer “Jenny” Johnson

Volonil City Sewers

It was damp, musky, and dark. Jenny could hear the rats skittering around on the dirty concrete floor. Her footsteps were heavy and loud, the water that still remained in her boots swished around, causing unnecessarily noisy sounds. She kept spitting out her blue tinted saliva, afraid of swallowing some sort of disease that contaminated the underground pipes of the city. Then again, she had already caught one of the worst illnesses of the twenty-first century. And she survived it.

A shiver tingled down her spine when a lost wind blew through the murky sewers. Jenny furrowed her eyebrows together in frustration as she pulled her semi-dry coat around her shoulders and felt her body freeze up until the breeze passed. She could hear her own teeth chattering and her cheeks go numb from the cold. How did she ever end up in such an unfortunate situation? She was stuck in the sewers of the city with no means of finding her way out, it was dark in here and she may not make it back before the nine o’clock curfew.

Jenny’s foot came into contact with a solid object, well, semi-solid object. It was squishy, mushy, soft, whatever adjective you want to use to describe it. But, it was gross. A small shriek of disgust left Jenny’s lips, her throat a little too dry to scream at its full potential. Jumping back on one foot, Jenny wiped her contaminated boot on the wall of the sewer, cringing from revulsion. Jenny shut her lips tight and turned away to breathe deeply. Tensing up, Jenny slowly turned around and squinted to see what she had kicked.

It was just an old newspaper, wet and moldy from the sewage water. Jenny frowned and quickly made her way around the gross paper, tip toeing and making sure she didn’t step on anything else, like the carcass of a dead rat. Or anything that rhymes with cat, like an old man’s fat. Who knew what the people threw into the sewers. After she had gotten a few feet away from the nauseating newspaper, Jenny turned her attention to the darkness in front of her.

She had gotten used to the darkness by now but it was still difficult to see. The disease’s mutation didn’t give her scotopic vision, which would have been so much more useful at the moment, given the circumstances. Jenny clenched her teeth as she closed her eyes for a few seconds before opening them again. No improvement whatsoever. Frowning and becoming more irritable, Jenny decided that walking around like this would be no help at all.

Her feet hurt, her back ached, she was cold and hungry, and she was in no condition to be wandering about in the sewers! Sucking it up, Jenny stumbled a few times before she came to a complete, though wobbly, stop. She swayed left to right like a tall building, but somehow she stayed standing. It wasn’t until a family of sewage rats ran past her that Jenny lost her ability to stand and collapsed against the wall. The wall was much drier than the ground, but the gum and pollution that tainted it made Jenny spit in repulsion.

Slowing letting herself down to sit on the ground, leaning back against the wall, Jenny pulled her knees up to her chest and pulled her jacket closer to her. She curled up into a ball to try and conserve the heat and tucked her head in. You could say that Jenny was scared but she was a rather calm person when faced with crazy but mundane situations. It’s not rare that someone falls down into the sewers, especially if some idiotic construction worker forgot to close up the manhole. But Jenny would not call for help. That would alert the government officials and put her in danger. What if the rumours about the metahuman scanner is true?

Jenny let out a sigh of exasperation and massaged her temples. The cut she had received hours ago had yet to show any sign of healing. What was she going to do?

She laid on her bed, looking through her high school yearbooks. Jenny was very sentimental about high school, after all, it was just five years of your life. She had much more to look forward to. However, the young woman had gotten so horribly bored that she began to look through the dreaded yearbooks. Having gotten through two books already, Jenny stared down at a picture of a blonde young lady with dull brown eyes that held a contradicting sort of warmth.

A mixture of emotions welled up in Jenny’s stomach and she quickly shut the book, giving herself a stinging paper cut. Hissing in pain, Jenny glanced down at the paper-induced slice for a second before bringing her index finger in to keep the not-so-red blood from dripping on her bed sheets. It was just a small cut, nothing big. But if Jenny was to ever be found out…she didn’t know what she would do. It was the government. She had no power against the government.

Jenny sighed as she got up to make her way through the empty hallway of her small townhouse and enter the bathroom down on the other side of the hall. Turning on the lights, Jenny opened the cupboard underneath the sink and bent down, using her left hand to sort through the items to find the box of band-aids she had bought from the store a few weeks ago. Jenny opened the box up with one hand and looked inside of it to find absolutely nothing. Frowning, the redhead woman turned the box upside down and shook it, hoping something would come out. Nothing did.

Pushing herself back up, Jenny turned on the tap of her sink and washed her hands, shaking them off before carefully drying them, avoiding the cut that was still bleeding. Jenny used the toilet paper to dry the paper cut, disposing of the paper by flushing it down the toilet. She would have to go out and buy another box of band-aids. Walking out the bathroom, Jenny made her way down the stairs and to the front of her house. Glancing out the window, Jenny reached over to grab her grey coat off of the coat rack. She was just going out to buy a box of band-aids, she didn’t need to change her clothes.

Slipping on her runners, Jenny opened the door to her house and locked it behind her before hurrying down the steps and walking towards the convenience store. Keeping her head and eyes down but her pace fast, Jenny passed the few people who were out and about in the streets, but she didn’t dare make eye contact with them. She simply minded her own business and focused on her destination. She would slow her steps down for a moment to fix the hood that went over her head but the speed would only increase again. Jenny began to see the convenience store just around the corner when she bumped into someone.

Big and intimidating. A solider stood in front of her, a gun toted in his arms. Jenny’s eyes widened for a moment, but she knew better than to panic. She simply flashed the soldier, who looked rather young, a polite smile, apologized for not paying better attention to what was around her, and carried on. Jenny continued to go on with her day, a normal and average day in Volonil city. She entered the store, bought her band-aids and a slushie, made polite chit chat with the cashier, and began to walk out, slurping on the unhealthy drink.

But that was when she saw the solider again. However, this time, he had friends. Two other soldiers, each one more intimidating than the previous, they had their guns in their arms, but held them in a much more threatening manner. Jenny paused and detoured into an aisle to give her a cover and more time to think. Yes, that was pretty much avoiding and running away but Jenny wasn’t just going to walk out there when it was clear that she was going to get arrested.

That’s when she decided to use one of the most stereotypical escape plans mankind has ever made up. Asking if she could use the store’s facilities, Jenny quickly made her way over to the washroom and locked the door. Her eyes dashed around the small lavatory, looking for something that would help her escape. Seeing the small window on top of the toilet, Jenny didn’t wait long before she stepped on the toilet seat, forced the window open and climbed out.

From, she was Alice from Alice in Wonderland. Everything seemed to move in slow motion as Jenny fell from the small window and down a dark hole. She had stumbled when she landed and fell into an open manhole, a manhole that someone did not close up. Then, she felt both pain and wetness. The shallow water quickly seeped through her clothing and splashed her hair. Jenny’s eyes widened when she realized where she was.

Opening her eyes, Jenny groaned when she realized that she wasn’t delusional and the fact that she was stuck in the sewers was her reality. She decided that she couldn’t just sit in the sewers for all her life, waiting for help to come get her. Besides, even if help did come, Jenny wouldn’t want it because the so called “help” was more of a problem for her. Pushing herself up from the floor, Jenny wiped her hands on her jacket when she stood up to get the muck off of her hands.

The minutes that Jenny was walking felt like hours, staring at the same dark and gloomy scenery, hearing the creepy noises of the sewer animals running around on the floors, even the water the dripped from the ceiling gave Jenny a bad feeling. However, when she came across them, Jenny didn’t know how to feel. Should she be glad that she found other people? Or absolutely terrified? Either way, Jenny saw them and there was no turning back when she came into the light.

There was a girl, a few noticeable years younger than Jenny. She had an unusual green tint to her skin and hair, something that made Jenny want to turn around and walk away. If that wasn’t good enough of a sign, there were two boys. A guy with a lip ring and a bunch of tattoos and a freaking dragon boy who had wings, as in, legit wings. So, Jenny did what a sane and intelligent person who overheard a group of people talking about kidnapping someone would do. Run.

Spinning around on her heel, Jenny forced herself to take off in the other direction, praying to whatever god there was out there that they would not have heard her. But, alas, Jenny never was a religious person and I guess that’s why the gods struck her escape efforts down with a strike of lightning. Running straight into what seemed to be a block of ice, Jenny let out what sounded like a sound effect from Street Fighter, bouncing back like a ball thrown at a wall.

Landing hard on her backside, Jenny clenched her teeth and glanced up to see what, or who, she had bumped into. The first thing that her eyes caught was bright blue eyes that stood out from the darkness of the sewer. Seriously, who, naturally, has that sort of shade? Then again, Jenny would be a hypocrite to say that because of her obnoxiously red hair. What was one supposed to do in this sort of situation? Jenny slowly got up, her gaze switching from the strange young man and the group of kidnappers. She was stuck between a rock and a hard place and she couldn’t go around it either.

@DamagedGlasses @Alex Phalin @TranscendedEllen @Lucem Tenebris

Cyrus Grayson

Sewers

Hands trailing along the walls of the infinite tunnels found beneath the surface, Cyrus kept his eyes open for any methods of escape. Unfortunately, as cyan orbs scanned the accumulated muck and grime, the results of the search were poor. Even if he had spotted an opening that led back to the upper levels of the city, he was still too close to where the armed forces were stationed.

Settling on furthering his trek, the blue-haired boy continued to observe his surroundings. The sewers were nothing new to him, having traversed the area in the past, no matter how short said visits were. Unlike most people, Cyrus didn't feel the negative effects that came with being in the growing home of filth. One of the benefits of wearing a gas mask was the lack of toxic fumes that insisted upon invading the nostrils of whatever poor nose they could find. As for the unpleasant sights, he had witnessed far worse on a daily basis. In his mind, corpses rated higher than overgrown rats.

As he followed the river of sludge, his eyes settled upon a growing group that formed beneath another one of the manholes that led to surface. Recognizing a few of the members as the Metas that had made their escape from the shop that had been lit aflame, it was reasonable to assume that all the people gathered were those that possessed non-Human qualities.

Observing them, their abilities coming to light with each passing second, he didn't consider any of them to be an immediate threat. The ones in his line of sight truly acted their age, if their appearances were anything to go on. They were brash, foolish, or just plain ridiculous. Given their unorganized structure, it was unlikely that the Metas had been working together before their hiding spot had become a war zone.

Before he could further his investigation of sorts, the sound of footsteps invaded his ears. Unsure of who the approaching figure was, only managing to spot a dark outline, he sunk into the shadows, remaining hidden from view. He couldn't afford to take any chances.

As he continued to watch from his isolated position, the apparent woman was revealed to be involved in a group of rebels, just managing to catch the echoes provided by the sewers as they went further into the darkness. He had heard rumors about such a resistance during the times he kept watch on passing officers, but he had never been able to confirm their existence. Well, he could now consider it confirmed.

As the group of Metas was led even further away by the woman, a few left behind, Cyrus began to mull over his options. Stepping out of the shadows, yet remaining hidden, he weighed the costs and benefits of what was currently going through his mind. Ordinarily, he would've simply continued on his way in order to escape the dark tunnels. Whatever happened to a group of Metas was of no concern to him, their lives as a whole insignificant. However, the opportunity that presented itself was hard to pass up.

With this rebel group within his grasp, he was given a great chance to acquire information. While their existence was only a rumor until now, surely they hadn't been simply twiddling their thumbs waiting for the military to crush their attempts at resistance. There had to be something of value and he was going to find it.

As he began to take the first steps in his mission to track the retreating group and gain intel, his movements were inhibited when a red blur suddenly came into contact with his chest. While he had came out of the impact unscathed, the same could not be said for the apparent woman that had fallen down to the grotesque sewer floor.

Observing the older figure with cold eyes, he noticed the way her own trailed back and forth between the Metas that had stayed behind, moving back towards him. She was indecisive, that much was clear to him. However, there was one thing that he wasn't certain of. How should he handle this situation?

Right now, this girl was an unknown variable. Her interference could cause a great risk to his attempts at gaining information, something he could not afford. He needed to handle her in a way that left him free to pursue the group, but there were several options to work with.

There was the short and simple option of freezing her in place, leaving her to thaw at a later time or remain a human glacier. He could subdue her and leave her with a threat, preventing her from interfering. Using the same tactic from before and changing his personality to something suitable was also available. Each of these methods were troublesome in their own way.

If he were to take the long way and deceive her, there was the chance that she would alert the others to his presence, causing multiple problems. On the other hand, if he dealt with her quickly, he could potentially lose a valuable resource. No option was without its own set of consequences.

With the Metas becoming more distant with each passing second, there was no time to think about such things. Finally settling on a decision, Cyrus did what he did best. He ignored the girl and continued to follow the group while remaining out of the stragglers' line of sight.

This option presented the most benefits and was the easiest to modify. If the woman chose to remain behind and pass him off as nothing but a mere passerby, he would be free to travel without any trouble. However, if she decided to alert the others to his actions, which were ambiguous at the moment, he could deal with her at a moments notice, hand at the ready. Finally, if she followed without creating a mess of things, he could respond with a personality that would suit her preferences. In the end, it all came down to her.

@Darth Pai

EXTREMELY OVERPOPULATED APARTMENT

Upon exiting the Sewers, Zephaniah was faced with a dilemma. This dilemma came in the form of a frantically ringing sat-phone. There were a few issues to this: A) If he answered here, everyone would know of his connection to the military, and since they had all just been shot at and besieged in a burning building by the military, that may not be the best of things to let them know. B) If he strayed from the group, he'd be leaving Ione with several unknown variables. Some of these people he had made acquaintance of over the years, but when given supernatural powers, personality can drastically change. Ariana, from what Zeph saw, was still a bitch, but that was another issue entirely. The main concern were these strange people who just so happened to be in the right place to save the lot of them at the exact right time, and know the exact way to get out, with a convenient place to go afterwards. Zephaniah was always the first to give people the benefit of the doubt, but this was too good to be true. And C) If both he and Ione strayed from the group, he'd never get his answers of just how these people sprung from the woodwork when things went sour.

Zeph decided to go with the most dangerous option, which was to remove the battery from his sat-phone and hope to whatever powers-that-be that his father didn't eviscerate him later. That issue solved, Zeph removed his gas mask and followed the group up to the apartment, Ione now lucid enough to walk on her own. Alright, let's gather some intel.

Never. Again. Ione seethed as she followed Zeph. Next time I hear someone scream, they can rot in hell for all I care. Apparently what I get for helping people is trapped in a burning building, shot at, then forced to trudge through the sewer. Ione wondered why she was still following this ragtag group of Metahumans that led her down into that rat-infested hellhole, then realized she was just blindly following Zephaniah. Her mother's words would not exit her mind, and all she could think about was her actual feelings for Zeph. I wonder if he wonders the same thing sometimes... What is going on in that head of yours, Zeph?

I wonder if there's any food in this apartment. I would kill for a burger right now... "So... You've led a bunch of kids into your apartment with some crazy story about how 'we can make a difference in the world', is this the part where you put us in a hole and cut off our faces?" Zeph chuckled, making a joke but still entirely serious about the possibility of said outcome. This wasn't exactly the best situation, but it was reality, so it had to be dealt with.

@Shura

Penny Wilson

Volonil City Sewer

Penny gurgled unhappily as Eric explained to her how Aleks wasn't going to get them food, her large grin tempered by the sudden bout of disappointment. Looking away, Penny gurgled as she looked down, before turning to where she could see the Hole God in all of its Hole-iness, the light dim from where the holes seemed to have been closed up. Her need for food driving her, Penny started to walk to the Hole God, fully intent on somehow getting to the Outside, where she could eat all the humans she wanted, no help from anyone else being needed. Aleks was too much of a "pussy" apparently to do it, not that she knew what that word meant, but the word "coward' rung a bell in her head. Something from her memories told her that, just like Creepy, Coward was a word she was often associated with. Did that make her and Aleks the same, both of these weirdly named, Cowards?

Getting to the Hole God, the ladder intact on this one, Penny looked up and around, observing her surroundings through the haze that clouded her mind. Penny touched the side of the ladder, but flinched back as the sound of sizzling went through the air, the metal of the ladder being broken down by her slime. Feeling oddly down from the reaction, a small void in her gut coming in existence, Penny tried to strengthen the her bodies physical density, succeeding in stopping her body from dripping, and the area around her hands and feets hardening into usable appendages. Reaching out, Penny once again touched the side of the ladder, and was momentarily happy as the metal didn't sizzle under her grip, but became downtrodden once more as the sound started to fill the air slowly, starting at a low intensity, but quickly becoming noticeable.

The girl of slime looked around and was about to just sit and wait for food, she had done it before, when something in her head connected, a rush of clarity taking hold as she minutely smiled in contentedness, the presence of her intelligence making her happy. She could now think of things, things she hadn't thought of before, things including a sure fire way of getting onto the surface. If she was able to harden the density of her insides, then why couldn't she decrease the other things about it? Looking deep inside, Penny was lost for a moment, caught up in the complexity of her own psyche, before she came to a river of...something. Like her body it had a deep green color, but it was slightly off, and it had a weird burning smell to it, making a word "gunpowder" pop up from the deep recesses of her mind. The river was rushing quickly, and it didn't look like it was planning on stopping, but, unfortunately for the river, Penny had other plans for it. Smiling in a satisfied way, Peny concentrated with her new focus and slowly forced the river to decrease in speed, the smell that filled the air dissipating to a more manageable level.

Opening up her eyes on the outside, Penny looked at her outstretched hand, the appendage still an inch from the ladder, and noticed how it seemed less intense than before, the tint of it holding a less vibrant intensity. Touching the ladder, Penny gurgled with happiness as she the grip did nothing, but make the ladder's rungs soggy. There was little sizzling, some breaking down, but no huge unfortunate damage. Penny had successfully turned down the acidic level of her physiology for a short period of time. Now, if she could just hold the concentration, she could get out of here and find some more humans.

Haan Kippevlees

Cakes and Stuff

Haan frowned as he felt the guy from earlier continue to stalk him, his peripheral vision letting him see how the man had atually brought out a pair of binoculars! Seriously, who was this guy? And he wasn't even the only one who was being weird. Everyone Haan looked at in the Cafe turned their heads quickly, their gaze following a split second later, but not possessing the speed to stop him from noticing how they had all been looking at Clucky. Really, it wasn't like having Cluck here was a problem, was it? He had heard of plenty of animal cafes that let domestic pets run around, and most chickens in his hand were rather domestic, especially when he petted them on the top of their head.

"S-Sir, I-I'm sor-sorry, but w-we don't a-accept chickens he-here."

Looking to the side, Haan gazed at the diminutive figure of the shy waitress who had answered his customer call, her average brown hair and brown eyes making her an easily forgettable person, and wondered why they didn't accept chickens. His eyes filled with curiosity and confusion, his full attention on the waitress, Haan asked, "Yeah, and why is that?" While the question in itself was innocent, and free of threat, the combination of Haan's natural punk look, and the glare his face had subconsciously taken, a byproduct of his full questioning attention being on the waitress, terrified the young girl.

Cluckity-Cluck

"N-Nefer-Nevermind S-S-Sir, pl-please bring a-all the chick-chickens you wa-want." She stuck out a menu for the cafe with extreme force, almost hitting his face. Biting his the inside of his mouth to keep from yelling at the oddly frightened waitress, he looked at the menu and quickly ordered a Hawaiian Smoothie, which came with many different tropical fruits blended in, the Waitress ripped the menu from his hand and sped off, surprising Haan with how she didn't leave any skid marks on the polished floor.

Cluck

Waiting for his meal, Haan leaned back in the leather seat and started to calmly pet Clucky, who still sat in silent calmness on the chair next to him. It was probably one of the most well trained chickens he had ever seen, a surprise, since on his farm, he had seen the chickens do some rather impressive things, like building a small tower out of feed. Man, that was one of the most exciting times he had had on the farm, watching those chickens build that tower the whole day, only for them to eat it after succeeding in their effort.

Cluck Cluck

@TurtleGod @Clucky

Eris Dimitris ~ Ariana Pierce

Highrise hideout

With everyone in and more or less settled Eris relaxed slightly, she poked her head outside once to be sure before shutting the window and turning to the rest of the group. She noticed the kid who had been knocked out the entire time was finally coming around something she rather have happen after they patched him up but it was something that would have to be worked around. “No face cutting.” She chuckled at the dark haired boy with a gas mask. “You are all free to go if you don’t feel comfortable. Honestly it was luck we came across you guys, we were making a food run to some of the sewer dwellers like Eric.” She replied looking over to the unconscious boy “I’m Eris, in case you didn’t catch it before.” She replied pulling back her hood letting her dark auburn hair to fall freely. “And we’re not trying to save the world, just make surviving in this hell hole a little easier. Being in a city where you’re hunted down for being some sin against humanity is hard enough, doing it on your own isn’t much easier.” She pointed out

Ari quirked a brow as the woman moved to start taking care of the panicked kid who had gotten her into this mess. “So what you just go around saving random metas?”

“When we can. Most don’t go on gathering in abandoned building under the cover of bright day light where anyone can see you. That’s just asking for trouble.” Eris pointed out before asking the boy if she could fix up his arm and getting the materials needed to disinfect and bandage up the room. She ended up putting a few @Godman873 @Silent Justice @TurtleGod

"Ace"

Apartments

Ace sat in a corner of the apartment preforming various card tricks out of complete boredom. He watched as the group of metas had looked around some unsure of what to make of it and one not caring at all. He heard someone ask if they were worried about being discovered and Ace laughed. "Girl, I have been in more fights with the quarantists than you can count and none of them have caught me yet." Ace sat back with a cocky smile as he preformed another card trick. "A few of em' know that we like to hide in the sewers but some goo meta has them too damned terrified to go in there or even tell their superiors, so if you want to travel around unnoticed you better get used to smelling like shit." Ace laughed a bit since he had seen the meta before but never actually spoke with it. Before he got the urge to challenge someone to a game Eris asked him to look for food in the kitchen. "Sure, not like I have anything better to do." Getting up from his corner he walked out into the kitchen going through the cupboards which contained apples, a can of tuna, stale bread, more apples, oranges, a can of chicken noodle soup and a few boxes of pasta. "There isn't much, though given the state of the city it is more than I have available at my place." He spoke up so Eris could hear him in the other room unaware that she was on the phone.

@Shura

Bentley Royale

His Apartment

Bentley opened the door of his apartment and gestured for his companion to walk in ahead of him, before noticing Ace digging through his pantry. He groaned, closed the door behind himself, and then stepped forward and placed a hand over the girl's mouth. "Listen. I'm going to take my hand off and explain what's going on, as long as you agree not to scream, run, or do anything stupid. Okay?" He took his hand out and said to Ace, "Tell everyone they can come out here, they'll be more comfortable anyway." He heard a knock at the door and groaned, opening it and pulling whoever it was inside, then closing the door again and locking it. "Ok. Welcome to the Meta hideout, population, probably about a dozen by now. If any of you would like out, I'm sure one of the important people would gladly put you out of your misery." He smiled grimly.

@Godman873 @animegirl20 @theunderwolf

Mai Hyuuga

Bentley's Apartment

He led her up to his apartment. She walked in and while he closed the door behind him. Then all of a sudden she felt a hand go over her mouth. She froze not saying anything starting to freak out. He told her not to scream or run that he was going to explain what was going on. She nodded and he removed his hand away from her mouth. Explain what? She thought to her self what in the world could be going on. She was lost in her thoughts but snapped out of it when she heard what he said. "M-meta?!" She wasn't expecting that. A smile came to her face she had been hoping to meet others like her. Then she turn to him and said "But I'm one too."

@Shura

@King Of Imagination

@whoever else is in the apartment

Etna stood at the door waiting, her hand held up to the door. Should I knock again? She thought wait, is it proper to knock on the door? Maybe there's a secret knock or password? She finished as she was pulled inside by a annoyed looking man she flinched a bit

"Um shave and a haircut?...I mean I'm a meta I found a piece of cloth and I had my dog follow its scent here and I was looking for other metas so I came here I'm sorry If I didn't know the password please don't kill me! I mean um I'm Etna can I let Tria in shes my dog and she's getting cold." She looked at the man hopefully and a flustered.

@King Of Imagination

@Aprtmentpeeps

Noah Chengxao

Rebel Hideout in Highrise District

Noah saw what he assumed was Ace go to the pantry and check for food. He overheard him talking about a goo meta. Hungry, and interested in what Ace knows about Creepy, Noah separated form the others to follow Ace.

"Hello, I'm Noah." the asian meta said to Ace with a little respectful bow. "May I perhaps have an apple? I packed a snack earlier but...lost it in the sewers." Noah stated as he peered into some of the cupboards.

(Sorry, not much. Total of four lines so equal to a paragraph though. Tired from school..... @Godman873)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back