• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Fairytales are real

''What has Mothman done you mean'' Jersey said as he entered the room where Robin stood unconcious. ''Robin protected me from him. Yet I couldn't protect Robin from this wretched beast. I'm the one to blame'' he spoke as he took a seat on the side of the bed.

Jefferson suppressed another smile. "You're joking." He looked himself up and down. "What about Robin? He's the one who she's with now. He's younger, too." He took off his hat and ran a hand through his hair, placing the hat back on his head.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alice looked back at him. "It's not your fault Jersey," she said softly. "There was nothing you could have done but there is plenty you could do now. We'll find him and put him away."

Mary toke a breath at her apartment door. Pulling out her keys only to stop. Was she seriously going to just sulk to her room and sit alone. Like every night before. Shoving her keys back into her pocket, she headed back down her street. Not looking as she crossed the deserted road. She didn't look at the time, it was most indefinably late. Coming down the last street, she toke a breath and pushed at the doors of the Mad Hatter, only to give a grunt as they didn't budge.

That was strange. The hatter, insane as he was nearly never closed up on such a nice night. It has only been a hour or two since she had last been at the bar. Though she didn't dout he could have gone off with that chick he had been flirting with earlier. Giving a low sigh, she headed back towards her place, so much for redemption.

About to cross the street yet again, she stopped seeing the alleyway, littered with glass and dried blood. What the hell had gone down there? She wondered, coming closer she inspected the scene, looking up towards the shattered window. Suicide? Though most did not tend to jump through a window to do so. Standing up, she felt it would be a little suspicious if someone caught her measuring up the scene. In a rushed pace she headed back towards the main street.

Maia smiled. "I'm not joking," she said checking him out. "And you know how she is, she went down a hole after a white rabbit she is too kind for her own good. I'm sure she just didn't want him to wake up alone."

He smiled and shrugged. "I suppose you're right. But I can't tell her how I feel until the time is right. Hopefully, that'll be after we get to Wonderland."

Maia smirked. "I knew you loved her," she teased as she began to sing. "Alice and Hatter sitting in a tree...." She looked up at him and batted her eyelashes.

He playfully punched her shoulder. "You better keep your mouth shut, Maia. Otherwise you may get a very unlucky hat on your doorstep."

"Hey! She won't hear it from me, but you'd better do it sooner rather than later. Woo her before someone snaps her up. I heard that the Knave of Hearts had his eye on her the other night, and you know how much she hates him. Take her somewhere romantic and declare your love for her," she said with a fake swoon for dramatic effect.

She was right, but the thought of telling Alice made him feel sick. Sweat appeared on his face and he wiped it from his sleeve. "I suppose," he said. "But where would I start, and when? After I find Cheshire?"

Elijah Chesire gave a small yawn waking. He had been busy with commission earlier while in the studio, and hadn't had the chance to head out to the Mad Hatter. Looking at the time he gave a exhausted frown. He had been unable to get through the night with a good nights rest for weeks. Pulling from the sheets, he found his cell laying on the counter. The house wasn't awefully cluttered, but it needed a decent cleaning. Brushes and paints, canvases and unfinished works littered the scene, giving the dark room a strange feel. Finding the contact he expertly typed out a text to Hatter.

"Hey, I miss anything out at the bar, tonight?"

"Start by being attentive. Doing things like opening doors for her and touching her. Find any excuse to hug her or hold her hand. Just little things really. You don't want to just turn it on one night." Maia said as she shook out her auburn hair.

"Will you help? I'm not good at...romance." Just then Jefferson heard a beep. He rummaged through his coat before pulling out his phone. "It's Cheshire!" He grinned and looked around at the people who were all leaving. "Not much, but I have to talk to you. Meet me at my place?" he texted back with slow, clumsy types.

Cheshire half dozed felt his phone vibrate, in the same moment he nearly felt it drop in a startled jolt. Gripping it tighter, he typed carefully, it was the second phone this month, the last one falling in a can of blue paint. Seeing his friends reply he gave a mutter, so late, and so tired. But friends would be friends, replying "Sure" he slide it back to his pocket before throwing on a black peacoat, slicking his hair, and heading out into the cold night, nearly morning air. Heading down the flats stairs, he passed the rather glum looking Mary who looked to be having a worse night. he didn't bother waving, she was not the most friendly of neighbors. It took little time for Elijah to reach Jefferson's place, breath showing in the predawn sky.

"I've got to go," Jefferson told Maia, "but you're welcome to come hang at my place." He played with his top hat before beginning to move toward the street.

"Got nothing else to do," she said with a shrug. "Besides I can give you tips about wooing your beloved," she said over dramatically as she began to skip after him.

He chuckled. "Of course. Believe it or not, I've never been on a date." His cheeks turned pink in the early morning air as they kept walking.

"Really? Why not! With an ass like that, I'd do you," she said crassly, not ashamed of her forwardness.

He laughed. "Thanks, that boosts my confidence. You're not bad yourself, even if you are younger." They reached his apartment and he jogged to meet Cheshire. "Sorry, we came from a pointless meeting," he apologized, flashing a smile.

Elijah gave a small nod. "Thank goodness you got here, forgot the spare key, and boy it is freezing out here," Cheshire said in a light tone. Spotting Maia he gave a small nod and wave before looking to Jefferson. "Now what ever you need to tell me, can wait till the warmth of your heated appartment," he said, his voice friendly but just the tint of irritation.

"Of course," he said, taking the key from his pocket and unlocking the building lobby. "Third floor," he said, moving to the flight of stairs.

Cheshire followed quickly, pushing down his collar, and pulling off his crimson scarf. Heading after the two, the three flights were a wake up call to the three hours of sleep he had.

"Sorry I woke you," Jefferson said as he unlocked the apartment. "It's just so important."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back