• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom 19 Years Later (Harry Potter Role Play)

Jupiter looks up as the bell rings, running a hand over Elizabeth's hair and smiling at her.

"I've got to get to class..and you do too. Don't be late okay? And send an owl if you need anything. I'll see you in a couple days I'm sure." She kisses the top of her little sisters head before standing up and pulling her bag strap over her shoulder. She turns to watch Elizabeth walk away before she hurried off to the Charms classroom. Upon entering, she smiles wide when she sees Oghern at the front. She takes her usual seat in the front of the class, setting her wand on the desk and crossing her legs lightly.

Oghren stood in facing of the students as they entered and seated themselves down at there desks, turning to them and giving his usual smile and sharp gaze from his eyes. He scanned the room checking if all seats were filled and noticing Jupiter taking her seat in the front of the class while setting her wand in the desk before her. He kept his smile and looked at the class as a whole and appeared settled and ready to begin. "Good Morning all... Pleasant day outside isn't it? Almost a shame to waste." Oghren spoke in greeting the class and eyed the room of students before turning to his side and pacing a bit back and forth with his arms folded. "I would presume each and every one of you students.... Have the very same thought, am I rightt?" He continued a fading smile turning into a serious yet calm expression with a light but serious tone. " That thought of why I am here and Professor Flitwick is not?" Og spoke and turned once more to face the class while standing in he center of the front part of the room. "Well... Allow me to explain and introduce myself," He paused and took out his wand and revealed a small grin at the corner of his mouth, he began seemingly writing with his wand... The motion quite similar as letters then appeared in the air before him and as he wrote and spoke his name, the letters then took shape and spelled his full name in a dark orange red color allowing the whole class to see his name as well as hear him say it. "I am Oghren Lewis... Auror and temporary professor for today filling in for Professor Flitwick as he attends a matter at home." He spoke and with a final motion of his wand, a curving wave esque motion near the end of writing his name out and into the air, causing his name to move aside. "No worries however.. He is fine and will be back tomorrow to once again resume as your charms professor."

Oghren then allowed a brief silence before continuing, keeping his wand out and other hand resting partially in his vest pocket, near his silver pocket watch. "Now... As you know or likely have gathered, I am no professor but i do know charms among others and have experience that may be useful for each of you here today. Professor Flitwick has given free range to roam today and choice of which charms we will be learning... And practicing," Og spoke allowing that last part to sink in as he had a corner grin and winked.

"But first let me ask this... Before I can teach you I first must know your greatest charm? What charm spell is your strongest known spell and are capable of using?" He asked, his plans for today's class was set in mind and his way of teaching the students and the practice lessons he had in mind were ready as well as the books for studying said spells. But first he needed to know just how far each of them had come and allow him the knowledge of how much he could expect from each individual student, after all he wouldn't ask or expect more from his students then reasonable.

Junie watches as Oghern introduces himself, impressed by his confidence. Smiling at his trick while he writes his name in the air, she leans back in her chair, pulling some of her hair over her shoulder and slowly combing through it.

At the mention of our strongest charm, Jupiter takes a look around, then looks back to Oghern. She smiles and raises her hand, waiting until he calls on her before answering.

" Before the school year ended last year, I was able to get quite good at the Bombarda charm spell. The small explosions is useful if you need to escape somewhere but not do too much damage. I hadn't gotten to the bigger Bombarda Maxima spell yet though."

As Oghren eyed the room and saw many hands raise, he turned his gaze to Juptier and smiled. She had a smile on her face while raising her hand and kindly waiting for him to call on her before speaking. He motioned his hand in a wave like motion to his side while pointing to her and crossing end view as it came to his side. "Ah yes Junie," he spoke and listened to her mention her charm aloud for the class and himself. "Bombarda... That's both a useful spell and just what you could use in a variety of ways, if allowing for the creative to be free in your mind. Quite true and great example Junie, perhaps we will cover Bombarda maxima later on." He spoke and smiled to Jupiter before moving on to the next student, continuing to listen and call in each student in the room. "Well done... Each of you have been paying attention and practicing charms outside of class, just what I wanted to hear." He spoke quite satisfied at the level of charms Jupiter and the others were up to so far.

"Now... As good as those spells are I recall not one mentioned a defensive charm. It's not a bad thing of course, but it does reinforce the lessons I have in mind for today. Explosive spells and other charms are nice and I am glad to hear each you can use them well. But I wish to strengthen a popular belief in today's class," he continued praising the students but also turned there attention away from spells that are there strongest and toward another sort. "One that will be your greatest ally and hopefully your greatest spell once I am through and we practice that spell here today and take advantage of the fine weather we have." Oghren looked to Jupiter and the toward the classroom as a whole. "After all Professor Flitwick wouldn't like returning to a destroyed and out of place classroom, Would he?" Og joked with a chuckle. "That spell is the Shield Charm. It may sound simple... It may sound common... But I assure you it's difficult to perform and learn. Especially when under pressure of attack," Oghren spoke quickly turning his chuckle and joking manner into a serious and clear tone, placing the importance of his point and the spell its self clear to everyone and not to take this lightly. "That belief is mine and many a wizard and witch before me. Defense first! Before you can attack, you must counter.... You must defend against the very spells you wish to unleash... Master their counter and you master your defense. Thus you will not need to think... You will simply react, allowing the pressure of the situation and the danger, the lack of time to think and strategize and act to fade. It will ease your mind and strengthen your confidence and make you stronger and 'prepared'." He spoke with confidence and certain of what he preached and emphasized.

He then stood tall before the entire room and looked on toward everyone, giving time for responses and seeing there expressions and body language for himself.
"Before we continue to the outdoors, any questions? Also those charms books before you I encourage you all to take them with you and study them after today's class is over. They will inform you of high level charms and this shield charm among other defensive and counter charms, you might benefit from its reading."

Camden sighed with little relief that he had to get out of bed. Every hour of the day consisted with him complaining about every little detail. Some of the things weren't even revolved around him. "Why...That hat? Are you kidding me?" He'd thought to himself when he passed a girl in the corridor with a simple black fedora. But now it was Charms class and Cam was sitting down with his head supported by his hand against his cheek.

Last edited by a moderator:
With a little disappointment, Jupiter pulls on her coat. Learning the Bombarda spell had been something she was working on independently, and not without failure, but wanted someone to help her master it. If Oghern was able to help, she would gladly take his assistance. Junie looks around the classroom and notices the young blonde boy by the back. She wonders who he is since he doesn't look familiar but she turns back to face the front of the classroom.

In the middle of fall, it was going to be chilly outside. Why would Oghern want our lesson to begin outside? Maybe we'll be able to cast a few spells, challenge other students to a less serious duel? Jupiter would be the first to volunteer. As the students stood to leave the room, Jupiter makes eye contact with Oghern. She was happy that he was able to branch from his Auror responsibilities and do what she knew he was good at, helping students. She gives him a smile and a small wave before following the crowd out of the room toward the court yard.

Oghren looked on as the students prepared to leave for the outdoors, He looked to Jupiter as she pulled on her coat. Noticing perhaps a sense of disappointment over the lesson for today. 'Perhaps she wanted to work more on the Bombarda spell?' He thought making note to ask her later on about perhaps working on the spell after class. Oghren walked with the class and out toward the courtyard taking a step positioned ahead of the students and stopping in his tracks once he reached a good spot to begin. He turned and faced the students and gave a smile, first to Junie who given him a smile and small wave before they went outside. "Right.... Now the common level Protego charm is likely been taught to you or atleast studied for further learning and practice. But today... We will not just be ensuring your mastery of the Protego spell but it's stronger variants as well. Such as Protego Duo, Protego Horribillis, Protego Totalum and Protego maxima. Of course we only have time for the second and perhaps third tier spells in today's class. But it's a start," he started and looked around at the students. "Before I pair each of you together for some light duels to practice the very defensive charms of which I have brought to your attention today. First I shall demonstrate the Protego charm and what I expect to see from you during the practice duels. You will begin first by casting the spell before the duel begins.... To ensure you can cast it then the duels shall start with light attacks on the offensive and then trade off so each of you are given the chance to cast the spell while under attack from your partner. Understood?" Oghren spoke in explanation of the lesson. "Now for a volunteer....Ah Junie how about you?" He asked looking to Jupiter while holding his wand. " Would you mind selecting a offensive spell and casting toward me?" Oghren continued

As they listen to Oghern talk, Jupiter sets down her bag and grips her wand in her left hand. When he mentions her, she looks up smiling, carefully moving around the other students and coming to stand a few feet in front of Oghern.

Slowly she leans back on her right leg, her body in position for casting. Then she quietly says the word for the harmless spell, her wand moving in a semi circle.

"Aqua Eructo!" Jupiter watches as a steady stream of water shoots from her wand toward Oghern.

Oghren observed his class and looked to Junie as she approached to a few feet before him after stepping around the other students to appear closer to him and out before her fellow students. He smiled as she got into position and leaned back on her right leg placing herself in a casting position. As she quietly spoke the incantation and motioned with her wand moving in a semi circle and cast a stream of water toward him as she shot her wand toward his direction."Aqua Eructo.." Oghren grinned upon recognizing the spell and moved his free hand toward the back of his waist and set his stance so that his side faced the water and toward Jupiter, it seemed slow in movement but was swift in his motion into his fencer style stance and quickly moved his wand down and circling upward forming a motion similar to a half moon as he spoke he incantation aloud for the class while his wand came up toward the end and before his face. "Protego!" Oghren spoke and finished his wands upward motion casting a clear shield that glimmered slightly as the stream of water splashed against it and fell toward different areas of the ground as the water splashed off. Oghren then turned his stance into a full front stand before Junie and bowed with his wand. "My thanks Junie and well done!" Oghren spoke to her and turned his head toward the class. "That... my fellow wizards and witches is how to perform the shield charm. Keep your movements fluid and your mind absent of thought in hesitation of your actions and casting of Protego. Focus and certainty is the key to any spell, but never doubt or hesitate in your defense and together you will become capable and strong wizards and witches." He continued in speaking to the class. "Now pair up each of you.... Your own display and practice of the shield charm begins now." Oghren spoke aloud and looked to Junie with a smile. "Thanks again Junie, splendid work."

Her eyes slightly widen as Oghern moves quickly into his casting stance. His body looks strong and solid, his voice confident in his abilities. No wonder he's such a young Auror. The man has talent.. she thinks. Jupiter watches the shield beautifully deflect the water, then smiles as she relaxes from her casting posture. Tucking her hair behind her ear, she forms a soft blush on her cheeks from the appreciation of his words, glancing at her fellow classmates, then to Oghern.

Jupiter listens to his words as he says to pick a partner, then looks towards her peers. She hasn't had the chance to meet very many of them, and is suddenly afraid of not finding someone to practice with. Jupiter slowly slides her hands into the pockets of her coat, lightly biting into her soft bottom lip nervously.

His eyes looked to Junie as she relaxed her posture and smiled, a soft blush on her cheeks after he spoke in praise of her ability and showing. He smiled and looked over toward the other students and watched the students pair up and move apart from one another to allow for room to duel safely. Oghren then looked to Junie and another remaining student.. 'Anders' He thought and walked over toward Jupiter while waving over Anders. "Everything alright, Junie?" Oghren asked in a kind and soft tone, he had come to recognize certain traits of Jupiter over their time of coming to know one another. He had noticed earlier a movement toward her pockets as her hands lowered into her coat, the light biting of her lip. "I have noticed a quick pairing among your peers, but we have Anders here who also is in need of someone to partner with for today's lesson." He motioned his hand toward the young student as he approached them slowly. "If the two of you would like to partner up, we could arrange it. Would you two like to partner together and begin?" Oghren offered to Junie and Anders.

"Uh.... Yes sir. Partners Jupiter?" Anders asked gripping his wand and pulling it from his robes lining.

Meanwhile Oghren looked to them both with a smile. He was prepared to offer himself as a partner should there be a odd number of students leaving not enough for everyone to partner up for the lesson.

Jupiter lightly pats Ogherns arm, smiling gently in response to him asking how she was.

"I'm doing fine thank you, and yes I'd love to partner with you Anders."

She slides off her jacket and shakes out her arms, stepping back slowly with a smile before correcting her stance to casting.

"Should I shield first?"

Oghren smiled and nodded his head. "I'm glad to hear it." He spoke and stepped back to give room while looking to Anders. "Now begin your offensive Anders, remember nothing serious in level.. Keep it light this is only a practice lesson." Oghren continued as the student gave a nod and looked to Jupiter. "Right sir." The boy motioned into a stance for casting and thought for a moment. "Yes, I will begin with a attack..." He responded to Jupiter and waved his wand forward along with his right leg and foot as it hit the ground and he spoke his incantation while his wand shot forth in motion. "Glacius!" Anders spoke the words and from the tip of his wand, a slim stream of ice shot toward Jupiter growing slightly in width as it neared and attempted to freeze her into a block of ice.

Oghren looked on while turning his gaze to watch over the class and each respective duel. A passing gaze as he turned his body to watch more closely each duel with a better view, while returning a eye toward Jupiter and Anders to watch her reaction and duel with her fellow student.

Jupiter takes a deep breath, a small smile still on her face while she moves her wand in the motion she just saw Oghern perform, a shape similar to a half moon. "Protego!" She shouts, then watches as the ice hit the shield and shatter across. She jumps back slightly in surprise, then smiles wide, relaxing her posture.

"That was awesome! Great choice of spell." Jupiter pushes her hair back from her face, stepping forward again slightly as she lets Ander get into his stance.

"Impedimenta!" She shouts as a small streak of white light sails towards him, the effects of which will send him flying a few feet into the air.

Oghren looked on with a interested gaze... he noticed his own style of performing the protego spell had been adopted by Junie as she shouted the incantation and the ice hit the shield and shatter across. A corner smile on crossing his face and impressed by Jupiter and Anders performance so far. He then looked around as a near chorus of spells and Protego charms could be heard all around the courtyard. The young Auror was becoming rather lifted by the students performances each of them impressing him so far, "Marvelous... They are skilled and possess potential. They are far along in their studies and ability, in time they may just make any death eaters think twice before trying them. But all in time, they still have some room before then." Oghren thought to himself returned to watching the duels and looking toward Junie and Anders.

The young Hufflepuff got into his stance and watched as Jupiter shouted her incantation 'Impedimenta' shooting a streak of white light toward him. Anders smiled he too thought the effect of protego and glacius was rather cool. He then tried to calm himself and prepare for counter, setting his feet firm into the ground and sending his wand forward while shouting in turn, "Protego!!" Anders shouted casting a shield before him and watching as the light hit the shield and caused a glimmer and flash of light. He then relaxed his stance and looked to Jupiter with a smile, "thanks Jupiter! The effect of our spells my shield and your Impedimenta spell was pretty cool. I've never seen anything quite like it." He replied

Oghren then stepped in and was about to speak aloud to the class. He had checked his pocket watch and saw it was time for the lessons end and class to be over.
"Well done all of you! You have shown just what I had hoped to see. A grand showing of dueling skills and use of the defensive charm, Protego." He spoke gathering the students attention with his voice. " I encourage each of you to practice your defense charms and further your skill and power of your Protego spell. It would be time well spent, now with that said.. I am certain you are aware of the time or have a thought about what time it may be. I have seen that it's time to end our lesson for today, so gather your belongings and if you need help do not hesitate to ask. Good day class" Oghren continued and turned to face Jupiter and Anders.

"Well done you two! Truly a fine display of your respective abilities and styles." He spoke in praise and gave a small grin,

"Oh thanks sir! I enjoyed today's lesson." He spoke in response and gathered his things and returned his wand. "And thanks Jupiter for partnering with me today, it was fun." Anders continued and waved while departing for the castle.

"Well... I enjoyed teaching the class." Oghren spoke to him and gave a parting nod as Anders continued on his way. "If you would like any help with that Bombarda spell, feel free to ask." Oghren turned to Junie and spoke offering to help. He was starting to feel what perhaps Professor Flitwick and other teachers had... A joy to teach and watch others grow from the knowledge and skill passed onto them and progressing from the lessons taught.

Geneva, with her head ducked, closes the door to Charms. For a moment after turning around, her head tilted in apprehension. Blinking once, she strode over to the Professor. "Excuse me for missing class, I only just arrived, sir." She was still slightly breathless from running down after tossing her things under her bed. "It was an emergency and I had to watch my nephew." Geneva scanned the room through eyes with heavy eyeliner.

Oghren turned upon hearing footsteps nearing him, he turned once hearing the voice of the girl who had approached him. A smile came to his face and nodded his head "Well it's alright..." He paused for a moment and looked around the courtyard as Geneva had scanned the area. "I understand if you have just arrived after seeing to your nephew for an emergency. Just make sure to attend tomorrow for a catching up of today's lesson and the returning professor Flitwicks lesson for tomorrow." He spoke to her and mentioned his mentors return. "Todays class was going over and practicing the defensive charm known as Protego. A useful and important spell to shield yourself against harmful attacks, I think I have a charms book near enough that I can give you for study. If you would like," The Auror spoke and grabbed his wand prepared to use 'Accio' to summon the book for Geneva.

"I'd be very grateful, sir." She responded smiling in relief. Geneva shifted a stack of books on her hip. Her eyes darted frantically as she thought about the other things she had missed and if she was ever going to have time to spend with other students.

Oghren smiled and flicked his wand with a slight wave motion "Accio!" He spoke softly and summoned a charms book from the classroom into his opposite hand. "It's no trouble. But have fun while your here, catching up and studies are important but fun keeps a balance of stress and keeping yourself content." Oghren spoke while offering the book in his hand to Geneva as he moved the book and hand forward toward her, "I am Oghren by the way I am one of the Aurors stationed here and fill in professor when in need." He continued and chuckled, it wasn't a official role being a fill in for others as professors took days off or needed time for a personal matter, but was still new to him and interesting.

"Glad to meet you," she smiled cheerily, putting the charms book on top of the others she carried. As she took a few steps to leave, her stack of books began to wobble. In no time Geneva was on the ground in the center of a circle misty books. On her way down her hair was knocked out of her braids. Sprawled on the ground she caught a glimpse of Jupiter, someone she had met the previous year. She may be a Gryfindor, but that's one of the things she never managed to remember. "Hallo Junie! You probably weren't paying attention, but did Ravenclaw get any fresh blood? I haven't seen anyone since I got here."

She watches as Anders walks away, giving him a wave as she smiles, then turns to Oghern. While he talks with another student, she sees that its an old classmate, Geneva. She hopes to talk to Og on the way up to the castle about practicing some new spells. She smiles as the girl drops her books, leaning down to help her pick them up. "There's a few new students this year, not too many. My sister got chosen for Hufflepuff. I haven't met any first years from Ravenclaw yet though. Are you alright?" Jupiter stands and holds out her hand to the girl to help her up.

"Same well met.. Uh?" Oghren began in response noticing he hadn't yet caught her name. As the book of charms was taken from his hand and placed on top her stack of books while she stepped back to leave. He noticed her books wobble and soon Geneva had fallen on the ground in the center of books. Further seeing Jupiter and Geneva speak to one another as she helped the girl pick up her books and offering to help her up and off the ground. He smiled as they talked and discussed first years and houses, while Jupiter was answering genevas question if there was any new students in Ravenclaw his year.

He became quiet allowing the two to speak and looked about the yard as they spoke. He then looked back toward Jupiter and Geneva, to see if the girl was alright after her fall and hearing Jupiter ask if she was alright.

(You may delete or edit my post if I am not allowed to post yet. I will just put in Damen's entry and go off from there)

Damen had been walking around Ravenclaws wing of the school, he looked at Night Wing who was perched on his shoulder "So Night Wing, do you know if we should go to a class or head to the dorms?" asked Damen looking at Night Wing. She looked at him and crowed as she flew off of his shoulder and began transforming into a young teenage girl with black hair and bluish green eyes

mask_2.jpg

"Hmmm I kind of want to take a nap. . .but if you feel like going to a boring class on the first day I guess I could go too" explained Night Wing as she walked alongside Damen. Damen looked at her as he thought about where they should go "I think going to a potion class of some sort would be fun. That is id you're up for it" Said Damen with a chucle. Night Wing looked at him about to laugh "Fine" She said turning back into a crow and perching herself on his shoulder again as they walked.

Geneva laughed. "Oh that was fun. Don't worry Junie I got these." She took the other girl's hand and bounced up. "That's good news about your sister. Could you tell before? Tell me, what do you know about the schedules? I've missed so much. Exhausted even though I just got here. Oh jeez I'm talking a lot." Shifting around her things, it looked as though she has just tumbled down a hill.

Jupiter giggles softly at the girls flush of words and disheveled appearance, pulling a couple pieces of grass from her hair. She glances at Oghern and smiles. The urge to touch him, grab his arm or hand, tickled through her palm. In such a short time, she had become used to him being around her and offering up wise words. She was drawn to him and hoped that he felt the same. If he did not, she'd catch herself feeling like a silly teenage girl with childish feelings about an older boy.

"the schedule has been nice. I only have 3 classes a day. And no I couldn't tell she would be picked for Hufflepuff. I thought maybe Gryffindor like myself but.." Jupiter responds, then shrugs. " I don't think there's a downside to any of the houses. You have potential in each one. Do you need direction to your next class? I'm probably going to go study.."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back