• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Zoo Escapism

Vix easily prooved they had no weapons before Jason directed themcto start harvesting Potatoes. They remembered Nisha saying they were one of the more difficult crops due to digging. So they walked with the other and went to work. The sun was bright, it wasn't overly warm but the changeling easily worked up a sweat.

They didn't really have much of physical labor at the palace. Serving at most but that was just standing on your feet, nothing like this
Nisha seemed to be doing it with ease. Vix gave it their all following what Nisha was doing. They looked up when Nisha spoke, their hair stuck to their face due to sweat. "Um...hanging in there" they huffed out. "Not used to this if it isn't clear."

Nisha nodded to tell Vix that he could relate "Its okay its not a easy task, it was hard on me too when i started work for the farmer. I would be just covered in sweat after a long days work. But it was fulfilling work to say the least." He nodded as he dug up potatoes "Just take things slow if you need to, there is no rush." Nisha kept going until his rows were done and he went to help Vix. Humming as he did so until they were all finished. He looked at Vix and smiled "Great job! You did amazing!" he spoke trying to keep their spirits up. He then picked up his crate and then smiled down at Vix "If you want rest and relax ill come for your crate too."

Nisha then walked over to Jason and gave him a smile "Jason were finished!" He said in a cheery tone he set the crate down of the potatoes and nodded "Thanks for letting us work for you by the way I had a lot of fun! Brought back old memories for sure." He spoke trying to make friendly talk with the farmer holding their work in high regard. "Remmy told us that your farm feeds the whole village thats amazing! I hope you are able to find some more able workers while your son heals."

"Right I'm sure it gets easier with time" Vix agreed. Though they weren't the type to make others do more work. They couldn't help but smile at the encouragement. "No no I'll get the crate." With their strength carrying it wouldn't be a problem. At this point they mostly needed water. So they carried the crate after Nisha letting the other handle talking to Jason.

Jason seemed impressed by their work; the sun was getting low. So, he pulled out some money from his pocket handing it over "That should be enough for a meal and a room too. I appreciate the help. If you're here tomorrow, you two are welcome back" Jason told them. Vix took the money and nodded "Thank you Jason for trusting us to help" they said putting the money in their pocket. They turned to Nisha "let's go get that food" they said hungrier now due to the hard work. "Thank you again" they told Jason before walking off back towards the bar. They were sure Remmy could give them a clue where they could get a room for the night and hoped for a bath or shower too.

Nisha nodded at Jason when he he offered more work for tomorrow, if they were in the area he was sure they would help once more if Vix was up for it. He let Vix handle the money and nodded to Jason " Yeah thanks Jason, good luck with the farm!" He spoke with a smile before turning and leaving as well. Walking down the road he was all buzzy it had been forever since he did farm work and it was the best. But he was starving now and wanting a good place to sleep. He looked to Vix and he was giddy "Man i cant wait to eat! Its going to be the first non grass or hay i have had in a long time." He chuckled as he walked. "What kind of food do you like?" He thought on this question "I like anything with potatoes but meat is pretty tasty too." He nodded as he walked down the road.

When the bar came into view he sighed before looking at Vix "By the way how you feeling? Good i hope? I think that work took a lot out of you..." He frowned at him "Well another safe night is ahead of us once you get some water and some food should be good." He nodded before he walked up to the bar, he opened the door for Vix letting them go in first. They then walked up to Remmy and he waved "Hey Remmy were back! I hope the kitchen is still open?" he asked hopeful.

Vix headed back towards the bar walking much slower, a bit stiff from all the phyiscal work. "I'm a meat person myself" they answered before yawning. "Tired" they added to Nisha's other question. Remmy looked up seeing the two dirty, signs of hard labor written all over them. "I see that, and of course it is. We're serving some wild boar, with veggies, or a beef stew" he told the two. "I'll get you two some waters as well" Remmy filled two glasses with some water.

Vix quickly took one chugging it down. That helped them feel a bit more better "Um some more water and the wild boar sounds fine." Vix went to fish out some money. "No no, meals are on the house. I'm sure your work really helped Jason out." Remmy smiled. Vix looked surprised but wouldn't turn down a a free meal. Not in their current situation "Well thank you" they said letting Remmy fill their glass with water once more.

Nisha happily accepted the water and drank it down as well for whater it tasted amazing after a long day of work. When Remmy said the meals were free he smiled "Thanks Remmy really you have no idea how much this helps us." He spoke with a smile he then nodded "Ill have the boar as well by the way." Boar...he hadent had it before but bacon was tasty so other meats from the pig had to be just as so. Nisha then walked over and sat down happy to be sitting it was a busy day but a good one. If he could he would stay here but he knew that come day they would be on the move once more.

Looking out the window at the line of trees that they came through he looked up to vix when he came over. "Nice of Remmy eh? I hope we have more luck on our way." he spoke with a nod he hummed "You think wherever we sleep tonight will give us a discount if i work a bit more?" He asked half joking half serious as he took a sip of water.

"Alright I'll bring it to you when it's ready" Remmy said. Vix went to sit down glad to get off their feet. They sipped at their water "yeah I hope so but we may have just gotten lucky." The other didn't want to be too optimistic, they didn't like getting their hopes up.

Hearing the question they shrugged "it could be possible but we have more than enough with Remmy giving us that meal. Since we'll share a room." It only made sense to save money by sharing. About ten minutes later Remmy came over with two plates of food and refilled their waters "just so you know the inn is actually next store. I know there is openings right now" the bar keep advised. "Oh thank you for the heads up." Vix smiled looking and smelling the food they were excited. So they quickly dug in, a meal withoit having to perform they were so happy.

Nisha nodded as he sipped his water again "Okay sounds good, and yeah i agree with sharing a room...the more we save the better." Perking when he smelled the food coming their way he stared at the food and actually drooled. Finally no more bland hay or grass. He dug in as well happily. It was delicious he couldent believe it...he almost cried to be honest. "Its so good....its almost as good as bacon." He commented with a happy nicker a horse like noise. "and the veggies are to die for!" he ate more of the boar.

Taking a sip to take a break watching Vix chow down and he chuckled "You eat like you havent in days." He smiled softly meaning it as a joke but he didnt know just how much on the nail he hit. He shrugged softly and tilted his head "So tomorrow where should we go next? I think we should avoid big cities for sure at least for now."

Vix was glad Nisha agreed. They knew the two were strangers but it was what had to be done. They looked up hearing the happy nicker noise and couldn't help but smile before he ate savoring the meat and fresh veggies.

"I haven't. They made me perform for mealsc vix spoke honestly. They weren't sure what kind of treatment Nisha got. They thought on the question "i think keep going north but I agree sticking to smaller villages will be easier." They wanted to also go away from where their former palace was.

Nisha blinked and frowned when he spoke about performing. He never had that problem but he guessed his powers were something you could perform. He slowly sighed as he looked at his food "Im sorry you had to do that...you shouldent have to do that to get things that you need to live." Shaking his head humans could be cruel sometimes. But then there were people like remmy who were nice. he wondered if he knew that they were not human that Remmy would be as nice he was being now. Either way he ate his food slowly sipping his water as well until he was finished. He sat back and waited for Vix to finish eating as well. When they were done he grabbed his empty plate and finished off his drink as well.

Walking up to the bar he smiled "Here you are Remmy...thanks so much for the food! It was amazing!" he nodded before he looked to Vix as they did the same as well. "Okay to the inn now?" he asked Vix it was time to really relax now he wondered what an inn was like he never been in one before.

"Yeah I shouldn't which is why I escaped that place" Vix said. Nisha was the first person they even got to talk to about what happened at the zoo. It felt nice hearing some compassion, but the subject wasn't an easy one. They finished their food cleaning the plate, not one to leave anything behind. When Nisha offered to take their plates to the bar they didn't mind the work from the day really hitting their body as they had rested now.

When Nisha came back Vix nodded "yes I need to relax, and hopefully shower" they said. At least at the Zoo that was something that was given, a private bathroom. Vix got up with a slight groan as some of their joints popped and ached. "Let's go" they waved to remmy and headed next door to a small two storied building. It was one of the oldest buildings on the block but the inside was well maintained. A woman behind a desk looked up as the door chimed. "Welcome how may I help you?" she asked.

Vix looked to her "Remmy sent us over here. We're seeking a room for the night, what do you have?" they asked her. "I do have a single room with two beds" she offered. Vix nodded "Any chance in a wash room?" they asked curiously. The woman nodded "it's not attached to the room but it is included" she said before giving the price. Vix gladly handed over the money required before she gave them a key. Vix took it before the woman directed the two up the stairs and last room on the right. At least it was close to the bathroom per her instructions. So fix headed up unlocking the room. Two twin beds filled the room with a small dresser and an older TV. "Looks good to me" vix shrugged.

"with in good reason..." he spoke to vix as they both stood and said goodbye to remmy and they walked out to go next door to the older inn. He was quiet the days activities finally catching up to him...that or it was food coma either way he walked with Vix with a yawn walking in. He gave a smile at the lady at the desk and let vix do the talking and paying. When they got their keys he waved to the lady before following vix upstairs to thier room. he sighed slowly at the sight of a actual bed. It will be forever since he had slept in a actual bed as well. The zo only gave him a stall filled with hay and of course did the farmer as well. So it will be nice to pass out in a bed once more. Walking in with vix he hummed and plopped down on one of the beds "Why dont you go first for a shower i can wait." he offered to them with a smile as he leaned back in the bed. Finding the remote he turned on the tv to see what channels it got.

While Vix went for a shower he watched the tv, it was weird being in human form doing human things. The tv held the local news as he watched it quietly. He slowly hummed as they spoke about some sports team that won for a little while but then the next story came on. it was about them and their escape. Thankfully they didnt have pictures of them plastered on the news but still it reminded him that they were still on the run. Where would they go from here? He hoped that they could find real freedom soon.

When Vix came back he was frowning as those thoughts played in his mind looked up to them he sighed "We made the news...." He informed them "Nothing to bad though but still...we need to get out of here as quick as we can...." He nodded softly before standing and tossing the remote on the others bed "Ill take a shower now." He grabbed a towel and a washcloth before going off to the bathroom. Turning the water on he de robed and slowly stepped in with a sigh. Letting the water wash off today's sweat and dirt, he then scrubbed himself clean same for his hair. It took him a bit with his long hair but he managed. Eventually he turned the shower off and dried off and put his clothes back on. Walking back into the room he sighed and stretched "Man that felt great." He then went and plopped on the bed. "So Vix ....tell me more about yourself. Could be life before all this or like and dislikes...or powers?" He tilted his head as he made an effort to know the other since he will be traveling with them. "Oh! And if you have any questions about me shoot...im an open book."

Vix was glad to hear Nisha offer them to shower first. They really needed it. "Alright I'll be back" they said before taking a towel and wash cloth going to the washroom. They gladly got undressed deciding to wash their clothes while they showered. They spared their underwear so they would have something to wear while the other stuff dried. They relaxed with the warm water making sure all the dirt and sweat was washed off before getting out. It took Vix a moment to get their hair dried. They noticed some robes so they took one putting it on over their boxer's so they wouldn't be too exposed.

When they came back to the room they looked to the TV "not surprised, but yes that's the plan to keep moving" They assured. They let Nisha walk off and went to relax in a bed using their fingers to comb through their hair. At some point Vix would like to get some money just to have some things to have, a second set of clothes, hairbrush, just some basics. It would take some time probably.

They relaxed till Nisha came back "I know" they agreed, the shower had been much needed. Vix took a moment to think on how to answer the question. Now could his time to tell the whole truth. "Well, when I was born my mom didn't know my dad, she got lucky to land a job working for a royal family and when I came of age, I worked for them too. Mostly servant stuff, like serving dinner, tending to their eldest son. We were really close, got even closer over the years." They paused for a moment taking a deep breath. "We fell in love, we were found out, his father wouldn't accept it. So, he framed me for killing his son and let the younger of the two take the crown. I was charged from the crimes and sent to the zoo." Vix explained. That day coming to mind was so painful to think of. They looked to their lap. "So, I got an extra mark on my back for having a crime against the royal family.....figured you should know that. They'll want me back even though I was innocent." Vix went quiet realizing the conversation was a deep and heavy one.

"Sorry to lay that out on you....um tell me something about yourself" Vix insisted. They also just needed a moment. Again, Nisha was the first person who they could actually talk to about all of this.

Nisha sat there and listened to Vix talk about his past before the zoo he frowned at him and looked down as he thought on it. Probably couldent take the thought that his human son wasent with a human girl. He got why it all happened but that didnt change the fact that it was sad and wrong. "Im sorry...he didnt have any right to do that..." he spoke and sighed "Humans can be really cruel sometimes..." He gave a nod, he knew all too well have met bad people in his time alive. Nisha blinked when he spoke asking about him. He hummed and thought on this now. "Well...i was actually born on Daydream peak....its a mountain faaar from here that used to be home to nothing but daydreams like me. It was me and my parents for a while. But then the war happened and the humans invaded." He frowned a little "I escaped but im not sure about by parents." Shaking his head trying to keep this conversation happy. "Either way i lived on my own in the wild til i was sixteen. Was captured by humans thinking i was a regular horse was then sold to the farmer. The farmer somehow found out i was a daydream and sold me to the zoo for money. And i was there till we escaped." He recounted his life "Those are the big notable things that happened anyway. "

He then hummed "I guess i should tell you what i can do....would be good to know in case something comes up? Though i dont have much to offer sadly. I can transform between a horse and a human as you saw, I can use telepathy in my horse and human form. I have the strength, sense of smell, and hearing of a horse. My main thing is that i can give dreams to people while they sleep....Oh and i smell like coffee all the time..." he chuckled at the last bit "Its weird i know but that is about it."

"They certainly can be cruel indeed" Vix agreed having seen some of the worse of it. Their trust of humans wasn't that great but right now they had no option to at least be neutral. Vix closed their eyes and listened to Nisha talk about his past. "I'm sorry your home was invaded. At least we both have a second chance of freedom" they chimed in before Nisha went over his abilities.

"Okay interesting to know. Does it hurt you to transform?" They asked curiously. "It hurts me, more so if I shift to an animal. I take form of humans I see, but it takes a lot of energy out of me to hold the form for a long time. I can shift to only some animals too, I've managed a cat, cow and goat. Cat is my go too" they admitted. "If I have to but again don't prefer it. In the form I tend to keep am pretty strong, not stronger than a werewolf, but I could hold my own for a little if I was more in shape. Then in my actual form I have sharp teeth and nails I could use for defense. I've gotten used to at least keeping the form you're seeing now but I do like to drop it at night to properly rest."

Nisha shook his head "No thankfully, sorry it hurts you though...but a little pain can mean freedom or capture." he sighed softly as he sat there listening to Vix as they spoke about what there powers were and he nodded along. When he spoke about dropping their form at night he nodded again." Yeah thankfully were able to at least." He sighed as he thought about tomorrow they would leave this place and onto the next he wondered if they would be able to achieve true freedom or if they would be forever hunted and captured once more. Shaking his head of the idea he looked to Vix once more and smiled "Well speaking of rest we should do that. Rest up for the road ahead and all that." He nodded and turned and crawled into bed with a sigh and flopped into it. It really beat hay bed thats for sure. Slowly the lull of the day finally caught him and he was asleep in no time.

Nisha slept through the night quietly snoring off and on as he slept under the nice weight of the blankets. he was warm and happy to be safely sleeping. He woke as soon as the sun hit his face. Grumbling he sat up it was time to wake up but he didnt want to. But he did anyway. Slowly he got out of bed and decided to take another shower, it was there might as well use it. It woke him up as well as he scrubbed himself down and got ready for the day. When he returned he smiled at Vix who was awake "Good morning." he spoke as he went to go lay back in his bed to relax.

"I agree the pain can be worth it" Vix said with a nod. They hadn't slipped into their true form, they found others didn't like it, seeing it as unsettling even. So they would probably wait for the other to fall asleep. Upon hearing Nisha bring up rest, vix noticed how tired their body was "yes let's rest." Vix waited till they heard the other's breath get deeper before letting their true form show.

They got under the covers so if Nisha woke up first, he wouldn't see Vix. It didn't take long for Vix to fall asleep, and they slept through the night. They woke up sometime during Nisha's shower. They didn't see the other so they went back to the form they normally held. Vix gave a smile already dressed "morning. Ready to head back on the road? I don't think we should risk another day this early on."

Nisha nodded as he stood there "Yeah lets go no need to stay for longer than we need to." He stretched and yawned before he walked to the door opening it for both of them. He walked out and down the stair and said his good byes and thanks to the front door staff before he went out into the light. He gave a sigh before he looked to Vix and nodded "Lets go!" he then began to walk down the road he was getting used to this being free once more. Not to mention having someone along the trip was nice as well. He hummed a song that he once heard in the zoo at one point. He was excited to be on the road once more

He then looked to Vix "So...we just walk until we find the next village? Or until night fall?" he was fine either way but he was curious in what Vix was thinking at that moment. He walked looking at his feet as they did humming the tune again.

Vix waved goodbye keeping it short. He was glad they found help but didn't see the need to give a personal goodbye. He walked out with the other feeling the warmer air. He strentched out as he walked along side Nisha hearing him hum a familar tune. It didn't bother him so he didn't comment. Until Nisha asked him a question. "I say which ever comes first" he told him honestly. "If nightfall comes, no village in sight then we hunker down. If we come across one, we find out how far the next one before deciding if we stay there or not."

Vix figured that would be their best option. If the next town was only a two-hour walk, they may want to consider moving along. Just all depended on the road ahead. This time walking he seemed more alert. Now knowing there were bandits attacking people made him uneasy. He may have some strength, however if the two were outnumbered he couldn't guarantee the outcome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back