• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Zoo Escapism

zigzaglin

Zoo Escapism
(A Mythical Zoo Escapee rp)

IMG_9103.JPG

-~-x-~-
Man never thought that the supernatural and fantasy to be true, they went along with their day like any other. That is one day thos fantasy and supernatural creatures came calling and wished to be part of the human's populace too. It was the biggest mistake that they could of done, the humans not wanting to share all that they established in the last few hundred years. War broke out between the two different sides. In the end however the humans won the war and the supernaturals were put under and placed in homes as servants. But the more Esteemed and rare ones were put into zoos for people to see and gander at. But then alarm bells rang at one of them as a escape was being attempted.
-~-x-~-

The Escapees

125981_mZNsShmW.png708151_PtdyqiM3.png

111486_WCXgfIwk.png1866357_bD3d28nF.png

-Name-
Victor "Vix" Saleem
-Age-
-Hair-
White
-Eyes-
purple but in their real form white and no pupils
-Gender-
They/Them
-Sexuality-
Pansexual
-Other-
has a nose ring and a tattoo on their arm of an acient language
-Powers-
can take form of any human and some animals. It takes a lot of energy to do so and can be painful if shifting to an animal. They have super human strength, and in their real form presents with fangs and claws
-Bio-
when vix was born their mother wasn't expecting a changling child. Though she didn't really know who the father was. She luckily was employed by a wealthy family where once Vix was old enough they started to work too. Vix began to fall in love for the son and when caught together, Vix was framed for a crime and sent off to the Zoo

Dutch-Draft-Stallion_grande.jpg4a65e84eba8cfc8752a5bf2c7a82a944.png

-Name-
Nisha
-Age-
-Hair-
Black
-Eyes-
Light Brown in both forms
-Gender-
He/Him
-Sexuality-
Bisexual
-Other-
Smells like Coffee and is very large in his horse form
-Powers-
Has the power to create dreams and chase away nightmares, can transform into a horse (draft horse), can communicate with telepathy in horse and human form
-Bio-
Nisha has been a draft horse for a human farmer since he was 16 (human years) he was wild caught and sold by humans who thought he was just a regular old horse. It was until after the war broke out that he was found out to be a daydream and sold to the zoo for money. Hes never shown his human side to anyone and stays in beast form finding it the safest option.

Life as a slave, that's all Vix knew. From being born into servitude, and now a prisoner of the Zoo. It was hell and Vix was over it. Over being the special, people watching them like they were some kind of animal. Being forced into changing if they wanted to eat. It was degrading. After careful planning, and some careful movements Vix managed to snag a key card to their enclosure.

The enclousure was a room, just with a giant window where humans could see them during the day. There was one entrance staff used and that was their link to freedom. So as nightfall hit, the Zoo closed. Vix knew the security guards rounds all to well. So when the timing was right they opened the door to their cell not fully knowing what to expect.

The door lead down a hall that connected some of the enclosures. They rushed down it trying to find an exit. They came to a terminal not knowing what the buttons meant. Vix acting rash pushed a few, one door opening behind them, and another to the right of them. The one near by lead outside. Fresh air. Vix could taste the freedom. They had no clue they opened a door to another enclosure and didn't care. They did feel bad for others stuck there but they needed to escape. Not sure if they had to stay how much longer they could take it.

That night what Vix didn't account for was a new guard. Who wasn't following the usual route. So when they came face to face, a ear tagged to signify they were property of the Zoo the guard quickly got on their radio.
"We have an escape! Sound the alarms" he said before pulling a stun gun with unsteady hands. Vix quickly rushed off wishing they had more speed as the sounds of alarms filled the air. They wouldn't be caught alive. No chance.

Nisha was quiet as he shuffled here and there, the large Daydream as he was called was in his field eating grass like any horse would do. But he wasent just like any old horse. Sometimes he wished that he was just a horse and he was free to not know what the tag on his ear meant, the walls that caged him in. He gave a sigh as he stopped his grazing and looked up at the stars. He was huge so in turn he was granted a large enclosure. He felt bad for the ones that didnt but he counted his blessings he guessed.

But something happened...the sound of his enclosure opening the staff never came out here at night the guards didnt even open the gates either so why...? He waited for someone to come through the door, and waited but no staff came but what came was a blaring sound. A alarm sounding he guessed someone escaped. He didnt budge didnt move just stared down the open door. Freedom. A word he hadent thought in years...he was happy on the plot of land with the farmer but here he was wanting something more? Did he want something more? Well he must of cause he was walking towards that door. Dipping his head slightly and squeezing through the door before he knew it he was free. The alarm bells even louder than they were before and he heard yelling of the guards not to far off wich spooked him.

Nisha ran his hooves loudly hitting the pavement as he did so he had no idea where he was going but it was somewhere. Then he was spotted "Another escape!! Repeat another escape!" This caused him to run faster out of mostly fear. Snorting loudly he could easily outrun the guards. He turned the corner then he saw someone running it must of been the first one to sound the alarm. Both of them were seeking freedom from this place, from the humans. So he did what he thought was right and ran to catch up to them. Once near them he snorted 'Need a lift?' he asked using his telepathy powers.

While Vix was running they let their true form show. While it didn't give them super speed, they could defend themselves if need be. Their solid white eyes looked around as they ran dodging security trying to reach the exit.

They knew if they couldn't get out soon law enforcement would show up and they would have no chance. As they ran they started to hear hooves, heavy and big ones at that. They turned seeing a large horse easily catching up to them before asking if they needed help. Vix was only suprised just not realizing they let another prisoner out. They had read abour Daydreams in a book and how rare their kind was. So it was no suprise the zoo had one.

They couldn't turn down the offer. It was their best shot. "Yes please" they stopped. The other would have to lower to let Vix on. At least the changling had ridden a horse before but bareback would be a challenge. So they held on as best as they could. "Follow my directions" they said. They quickly guided the daydream to the exit. Seeing freedom Vix grinned. "Don't stop and just book it. We need to find somewhere to hide. The law will be looking for us. I heard the tags are trackers too. So we need to get rid of them as soon as possible."

Nisha nodded when they accepted their offer, he slowed down with them and keeled as best as he could so that the other could hop on. When they were good and on did he stand and continue to run, nodding when they said to follow their directions. Soon the Exit was in sight and he began to go faster he didnt have to be told twice. Soon they were out in the streets the sounds of police sirens off in the distance he had a feeling that they were indeed for them. So he just ran not so sure where to go but he did know away from the police and their captors.

Nisha ran this way and that through roads to try and find a place that they could hide. He then found it not long after a forest that was deeply wooded. He took a sharp turn into them and went as deep as he could. He knew that it was temporary but it was the perfect place he thought to at least rest for a minute. He finally slowed and stopped panting. Running full speed for so long taking its toll on him. 'This should be good right?' he asked his rider as he stood there amongst the woods.

Vix let the other run into the woods. It would be their best option to start off with. They hadn't expected to escape with another's aid. "For now but we'll have to keep moving" they said climbing off. They took a moment to take in real, actual nature. Even if it was dark the light from the moon casted between the dense trees. They laughed laying on the grass catching their breath. "I did it....holy shit....i made it out" they said letting the realization set in.

They looked to their now partner in crime. "Thank you for the help. I'm guessing you came from the other door I accidentally opened" They said sitting up. "No offense but you're a gaint horse and hidding for you may not be the easiest. Me....I can blend in with an ease. Just gotta rip this tag off." They touched the cattle like tag that was pierced on their ear.

Last edited:
Nisha was quest as he slowly settled down so he was lower to the ground even if they were in a wooded area he feared that he stuck out while standing. He was quiet for a moment as he let what he just did set in as well. He broke free of human chains on a whim what was he going to do? Where was he going to go? He had been with humans for so long he forgot how to be on his own. But he was sure that he could do it. Right?

He then looked over at the other when he thanked him 'You're welcome...it was the least i could do and yeah i guess so my door suddenly just opened so...' he blinked when they spoke of blending in and he sighed gently he knew they were right. 'True...yeah i guess you are right.' he thought on it for a moment if they were to truly blend in hed have to be in his human form. a form he hadent used in years he always was in this form cause it was stronger, faster, safer. But he was free and he had to stay that way...who knows what would happen to him if he were to be captured.

So he closed his eyes and focused on the change horse to human...slowly his body began to grow smaller and smaller. Bones and organs readjusted themselves his coat slowly becoming threads to clothe his human body. Soon where a horse laid was a smaller human male. Nisha was quiet for a moment and he looked down almost feeling naked even if he wore clothes. "....They never seen me in this form....i dont even think they know i have this form either...." he explained in a rough voice he hadent used it in years after all. He then blinked looking up "Ah um im Nisha by the way....Uh im a daydream...nice to meet you." he spoke softly to them. He then reached up and began to fiddle with the tag this had to go. So he began to pull it apart or at least try to.

Without hesitation the horse started to shift slowly into a human form. Vix tried not to stare too hard but they did have questions that books they once read didn't answer. Though maybe they would save those for now. They slowly nodded hearing him speak. "Well that's good that they haven't seen you like this. It will be easier for you to relocate and hide" they said. Vix would just have to find some other face to mimic, which would be some work but it would all be worth it in their eyes. "Nisha" they repeated their own voice was smooth, years of practicing the perfect tone to speak in front of the higher class stuck.

"I'm Vix, a changeling" they kept their gaze off of the other. Often knowing their hallow white eyes could be unsettling to most. "Good to meet you, never met a daydream, only read about em." They got a good grip on their own tag, and used their own natural strength ripping it apart. There was some blood, but nothing life threatening. "Nisha I can rip yours off of you." They offered seeing the other struggle. They took a moment to focus before looking at the man with now purple iris's. "Well I'm sure this is all unexpected for you, kinda for me too since I didn't think anyone would escape with me....though it might be wise to stick together for a bit." They admitted so they could have better watch on each other. Though they were sure eventually they would want to go their own ways. They stood smashing the tag into bits seeing some evidence of technology, which did indeed mean there would trackers. The two would have to start moving soon.

Nisha blinked when they spoke of reading about his kind, He guess there would be books about them. But they were almost not known due to their neutral grounding not a lot of them went to war due to them being closely tied to humans in the first place. They were the bringers of dreams and they chased thier nightmare counterparts away. Shaking his train of thought away as he fiddled with the tag. "Vix, nice to meet you as well." He spoke as he watched them rip it off, oh it had be like that? He guess that it would have to be but pain wasent something he liked.

He fiddled with it more trying to find a way that didnt involved ripping it off he nodded "I thought that i would be in that zoo till the day I died...but here I am..." He spoke with a shrug but then he nodded "I agree we can probably find a place easier too if we work together." He then sighed frustrated with the damn tag and then placed his hands in his lap and closed his eyes "Okay rip it off make it quick please." he spoke squeezing his eyes shut ready for the pain. They had to keep going he knew that and he would not hold them back cause he couldent get the tag off.

The slight burning pain didn't really bother Vix. They knew it would only be temporary and was a small price to pay for freedom. They let the other attempt to take theirs off but knew it wouldn't be that easy. "It was either I determined when I died there or get free from that damned Zoo. So luckily the later happened."

"Then we'll stick together for a bit. Once it feels right we can go our separate ways" they assured the other that the two wouldn't be stuck together.

When the other finally agreed to let them help Vix got up going over to the other. "You got it" they moved Nisha's hair out of the way carefully before getting a good grip on the tag and ripped it apart. The same result, slight blood. Vix looked to Nisha "you want to smash it?"

Nisha took a deep breath when the tag was grabbed and then grunted when it was yanked. Hissing from the pain but it was better than being tagged and easy to spot. Not to mention the tracker, speaking of he was asked to smash it. He slowly nodded and was given the tag he looked at it for a moment the last thing he had to do to be totally free. Well at least keep being so by running but this was the last step. He took a breath and then smashed it to bits. Staring at the two destroyed trackers he slowly stood and nodded to Vix.

"Right...we should get going." He spoke to Vix "where to first? Find a place to sleep?" he asked the other as he stood there getting used to being so low to the ground and small. Standing only at five foot five its a wonder how he gets so big in his horse form. "Or maybe keep going through the night?" he offered a second option.

Vix figured Nisha deserved the opportunity to smash the tracker, a sign of destroying their oppressors in a way. They let the man have a moment to himself to destroy it. They stood against a tree waiting till they were spoken to. "I think it's best to gain as much distance as we can right now. They moved to the other noticing their height difference in human form. Vix stood at five feet, seven inches. So it was noticable enough between the two. "Hope you are ready" They said before motioning the other to follow.

Heading deeper and deeper into the woods, it got more thick and harder to travel. Vix pushed on though not wanting to stop. At least it wasn't awfully cold, and a full moon provided some natural lighting. As the sun started to rise, they still were in forest but had made some good ground. Vix spotted an old, abandoned hunting cabin. "Let's rest" they said feeling some exhaustion hitting. Vix walked up to it making sure it was indeed empty which it was spare some old furniture and decorations that had been long left behind. They forced their way into the door and got into the cabin. "I think we'll be safe to rest for a bit now."

Nisha nodded when they said to get some distance between them and the ones who perused them. "Okay lets go." He nodded before following them deeper and deeper into the woods. He guessed it was a good idea that he took on his human form as a horse his size could never squeeze past some of the trees and over the logs they were traversing. He did his best to keep up with Vix, on they walked till the sounds and smells turned into wooded ones.

Soon however they came upon a cabin that seemed to be deserted, the sun was just going over the horizon when they had found it. Tired beyond compare but he would not slow them down. But then the other deemed them far enough he sighed following them in. Sniffing slightly for anything else like critters that called it home. When he smelled nothing he sighed once more and collapsed onto the floor and leaned up against the wall. His feet were sore from walking and he knew that they would do it all again tomorrow probably. He looked to Vix "You can take the couch...im fine right here." he spoke used to sleeping on the ground in the zoo. Nisha gave a yawn and began to curl up to get comfy. "I hope they dont employ dogs..." he said in a sleepy tone to Vix.

Vix made sure the door was locked behind them. They saw a fireplace which would be nice though they didn't want to take the risk currently. They could feel how tired they were from moving so much. Being cramped in a small enclosure didn't allow for much meaningful exercise. When Nisha took to the ground they frowned but didn't think it was worth arguing over. So they moved on and laid on the couch kicking off their shoes so their feet could have some relaxation.

"I hope not either....probably call in some werewolves too. Poor things. Have to wear neck trackers to keep them in line" They rolled their eyes. "So we probably shouldn't stay here too long." They mentioned. They had noticed Nisha was getting tired. Vix had no clue how long the other been trapped at the Zoo so they didn't want to push him too hard.

Nisha made a noise as Vix mentioned werewolves, he hoped not He hoped they would just mark them down as a lost cause and just leave them alone. But he doubted that, looking up to Vix for a moment when they spoke about not being here for long "Yeah i agree. but for now lets just....rest." He yawned and frowned "Where should we go after this?" Tilting his head "Further in?" he asked them before he hummed "I say we try and get out of the city less people and all...unless you want to stick to the city? Maybe get to a different instead?" giving options once again not sure what to do now that they were here. Either way he began to doze off, before he knew it he was asleep softly snoring.

All to soon however he woke by the sun streaming in his face he made a soft grumble but he guessed it was as good as time as any to wake up. Stretching and making a soft noise and then he looked around Vix was still asleep. He began to listen quietly to the birds and the wind for any sort of sounds of human. Listening long and hard he could hear nothing he sighed and began to relax as he waited for Vix to wake. They deserved all the rest they could get, planning an escape and doing so took a lot out of you.

"Probably be best to keep to the forest for a bit longer then find a new city to hunker down a bit" Vix said simply. They would have to explain to Nisha that traveling with them came at a higher risk. For right now that didn't seem to be the best conversation as Nisha fell asleep softly snoring. Vix closed their eyes drifting off to sleep as well. Even if the couch wasn't all that comfortable, it was no worse than the bed they had back at the zoo.

By the time Nisha woke Vix was still asleep. Their white hair falling all around their face. They seemed peaceful and slept in about an hour longer. They started to stir and groaned waking up with a yawn. They turned seeing Nisha was already awake. They sat up stretching out. "Ready to keep going then?" they asked.

Nisha was quiet as he sat there waiting for Vix to wake up. When they did he gave a slight smile as they stretched nodding “yep im ready if you are.” He stood up and gave a stretch of his own his joints popping. He sighed and looked to him “i hope you slept well, i dont think they followed us in here at least not yet.” He nodded gently. “I hope these woods are deep at least. “

He then went for the door listening again just in case before he unlocked the door and opened it. Looking around slowly he nodded back to Vix. “All clear.” Nisha then walked out to the sunshine. He gave a few sniffs before he hummed “i guess this way?” He spoke as he began to walk around the cabin and deeper into the woods.

"Slept better knowing I was out of that place" Vix answered honestly. They stretched some more getting their shoes back on. "I hope so too" They noticed Nisha pause seeming to listen. "Super hearing?" they asked curiously. They followed the man out enjoying the sun on their face for a moment. They made sure the cabin got closed up. It could come in handy to someone else who needed it. "I'm trusting you. Seems like you have a good sense of direction." Vix commented before walking with Nisha.

As mid-day approached Vix did find themselves a bit hungry, they hadn't actually eaten in two days refusing to 'perform'. Though they could get by, they just hopped they could get something soon. Then again, they had no money, so that would have to be figured out. Vix noticed the woods starting to thin out, a small village in the distance. "Guess we found a village, not sure if we should stay in it long but might be a good starting point."

Nisha nodded as they began to make their way through the woods. "As for hearing not really just as well as a horse can which is a little better than a human's same with sense of smell...its nothing like a dog or a werewolf but i get by." They walked through the forest before it began to thin out...great he had hoped that it would just go on and on so they could just loose themselves in it but it seemed like he was wrong. Pausing at the sight of the village he watched it silently his light brown eyes taking it in. It was just like the farmer where he used to live, but it wasent. He looked to Vix when they spoke and nodded "True....maybe some food? Im getting hungry i dont know about you..." He sighed "But how are we going to get it...with no money..."

He thought on it before he frowned "You have any skills that might get us some? I can give out dream meanings i guess...and labor work..." he spoke to Vix trying to figure out ways to score a meal. "Or we can steal but i dont know how good i am at stealing... and that would only add to our heads if we are caught." He frowned trying to figure out what to do.

Vix nodded "well still helpful. Um if you haven't gathered I am stronger than an average human. Still weaker than a werewolf" they advised. They could smell something baking in the air. Their stomach growled. "I wouldn't risk doing something that may out you" vix said.

"Um i mean i was a servant most of my life. I have some basic skills that could be used. I also managed to steal that badge that got us out. So guess I could steal too" they thought outloud. "Let's try and see if anyone will let us work for a meal." They suggested so they wouldn't risk it.

Nisha nodded as he listened to them and he thought on it quietly before nodding "Yeah before the zoo i was a draft horse for a farmer so i guess i know how to farm too..." He thought about it as well but when they said lets see if anyone will let them work he nodded "Okay maybe the tavern first? Er Bar? Whatever they call it. I think that the best place to start." Nisha then sighed and looked to the village and back at Vix "Ill follow your lead." he spoke to him.

They then went for it walking from the forest and across the field to the village, he took in the sounds and smells of the place it brought back memories he wish he could relive. Nisha followed Vix though so he didnt look out of place, but even if they did they did get looks here and there. this place everyone knew everyone and a couple of new people stood out like a sore thumb. But he continued anyway with Vix as they lead the way to wherever they would beg for food first.

"Then I'm sure we could find some work to do before resorting to breaking the law....even more" they chuckled awkwardly. "Alright then" Vix lead Nisha into the village. They wondered how long Nisha had been locked up since he didn't know what to referrer a bar as. The two got some looks for sure, it was a smaller village after all. Though it was one at least traveler's came to between the bigger cities so they weren't very concerned.

Vix found a bar with a sign out of it. "Here we go" they said before walking in. Since it was only afternoon there was only a small crowd, most people still working while there was light. Vix went right up to the bar keep. "Excuse me sir" they got the worker's attention. "My friend and I are travelers, and unfortunately, while on the road we ended up mugged by some vagrents, we were hoping to find some work to help pay for a meal. Is there any way you can point us in a direction of help?" They asked hopefully.
The older man looked between the two for a moment before nodding "those bandits have been causing all sorts of trouble, sorry they took your money, least they spared your lives. Sometimes, some people aren't that lucky." The man warned before thinking on the question. "You two are in luck it's harvesting seasoning, and farmer Jason, well his son who helps him hurt himself and can't help pick crop. So i'm sure he'd welcome some help. Even if he can't pay you, if you two work with him I'll supply a meal. That man's crops helps this whole village. So you'll want to go down this road, you'll see a red barn and that is his property. Tell him Hemmy sent ya" he offered.

Vix smiled "Thank you" they bowed "thank you so much kind sir, we'll get on our way to help" they assured. They turned to leave guiding Nisha to follow them. "Well your skills are going to come in handy then."

Nisha followed him into the bar and let him talk to the barkeep, he gulped at the look he got from him but when the story checked out he gave a silent sigh. There went the fist roadblock and now the second one was just working in the field he would be right at home. If only he could really work in his other form. Strap him to a harvester and away he would go. But not anymore. He nodded gently as he listened about Jason the farmer. Nisha nodded as he remembered everything he over heard the farmer told new farm hands. Some got it right away some not so much. When Vix thanked Remmy and bowed he followed his lead as well "Thank you." he spoke politely as well. He then followed after Vix and nodded and followed after them once more. "Yeah dont worry harvesting crops isnt hard thankfully..."

He spent their walk explaining how to pick certain crops some you needed to just twist and pull some you needed tools. Nisha was blabbing for a bit before he stopped and blinked "Ah sorry....i went off on a tangent there..." he blushed embarrassed scratching at the back of his neck. Nisha cleared the throat and looked to vix "You are pretty good with words though...me not so much ive spent a lot of my life not speaking a word....did you come from a place you had to before the zoo?" he asked as they walked down the road hitting farmland and crops. He then gasped "I wonder if he will have animals though! I love me some cows." He laughed lightly.

Vix didn't think the task would be too difficult. It was more their own physical stamina they were concerned about. They et the other talk about how to do the work not minding the chat as they walked to their destination. He liked how passionate the other seemed about it.

They smiled and shook their head "you are okay, it was helpful to know. So I don't come off as a total idiot. "I did come from a palace. I was a servant, so I had to speak well infront of the upper class." Vix had at least that to thank of their life, a proper education. They chuckled "cows are cool, I always liked the horses at the palace" they admitted. Though as they got closer a man who was filling a wheel barrow with some crops spotted them. He quickly put his hand to his waist where a gun sat "Stop right there."

Vix quickly put up their hands. "Woah woah, sorry sir, um Remmy sent us. He said you may need some help. We're not here to cause trouble."
The man didn't relax right away not as trusting as the bartender. "How do I trust that?" The farmer asked.
"We can prove we have no weapons? Otherwise I guess it's just out word we only are looking to do some honest work for a meal. We got robbed by the bandits roaming the woods." Vix explained the story they made up.

Jason still seemed warey but his hand moved away from the gun. "Okay proof of no weapons and you two have to do the hard stuff I haven't been able to get to."

Nisha walked with Vix down the road and up to the barn that they were told to look for. He nodded gently "Ah okay So thats the gist of it. I learned how to talk thanks to my mother otherwise as you know i went from the wild to the farmer then the zoo." He chuckled but the good feelings dropped when they walked up the driveway and Jason met them with the threat of them getting shot. He held up his hands as well to show he meant no harm. He nodded when Vix explained they got robbed by bandits. "Yeah we swear we mean no harm..." he spoke up. Sighing when Jason believed them as well he walked forward and proved that he didnt have any weapons on him when Vix did the same Jason pointed out what they needed to do. "Right thank you Jason we will get right on it."

He walked over field where the potatoes grew with a crate and rolled up his sleeves. "right lets get to it." He then began to dig them out a few at a time. Slowly and meticulously he dug them out and places them all in the crate. Crawling on his hands and knees so it saved his back. He hummed a song that the farmer used to sing and whistle when he was using him to harvest as well. If he wasent on the run he would stay in this village and help Jason out for longer. The community was small but it was right he could tell. Eventually he looked over at Vix "How you holding up?" he asked making sure he was doing okay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back