• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Zodiac RP Idea

Aato

Social(ly-inept) Butterfly
Hello, fellow RPers!

This concept is based on a storyline of mine and turned RP centered on the Chinese zodiac. I kicked it off on another site years ago, but it didn't go very far. However, I think its got potential and may work well on this site.

The premise:

After displeasing the emperor, the animals of the Chinese zodiac are punished. It is decided that their punishment will be to spend 10 years in human bodies outside of the mythological realm, forced to take on the trials and tribulations of the typical person's life all while maintaining their individual animal instincts and abilities.

All of the animals now reside in the same city without knowing they are living among one another. Part of their punishment was total anonymity, being given no clue of each others' human forms, and now only possibly recognizing each others' personalities from being acquainted in their animal lives.

While the genre is realistic and slice-of-life, it does possess some fantasy elements. Ideally each character will possess some trait(s) relative to their animal-selves, whether it be certain behaviors, abilities, or physical traits (though these should remain translatable to the human body, ex: snake/dragons have forked tongues, so the character does; however, they shouldn't have horns, hooves, or anything of that nature... If not sure if a trait is acceptable, just ask). Their personalities will also be similar to that of their zodiac, but there is no need to be exact. Element and matches may also be utilized in constructing your character, but it's not necessary. I will do a brief profile on each animal for you so that all that info is at your disposal in is one spot. :xFgrin: Characters will be aware of their past lives.

All orientations will be welcome. Ages will be 18-24. I intend for this to be a casual, but semi-lit RP (minimum 1 paragraphs, 7 sentences each). This will be 'application-based' (where I choose characters most fitting). That said, you'll be welcome to apply for as many roles as you want, but may only get accepted for up to 2. I'm still contemplating whether I'll feature a few normal human slots since 12 characters is already quite a few, so we'll see. (Feel free to let me know what you think about this in comments.)

Please like or comment your interest [10 likes or interested comments = creating the thread]. Let me know what you'd like to see or get out of this RP. Outside of character construction itself and the base of the premise, the plot is generally open. If you have any other questions/comments/concerns or suggestions, let me know via message or post and I'll answer you as soon as possible.

Thanks everyone!

Aato*^

(*And do excuse me if this pitch is a little on the rough side. I'm a bit sick, so all my brain power isn't here. :confused: *)

EDIT: Join here.

Last edited:
Thanks for the interest, everyone! Only need one or two more replies and I'll post up the OCC and character page.

I always aim for so much interest because you typically get about half the turn out once things are running... So, it's to be on the safer side. All positions won't have to be filled for things to start, but the aim is at least half.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back