• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Zodiac: Rise of a King Characters

DoughGuy

I no longer dream

CS

__________________________________________________________________________________
Crowtree University
Ph: 207-231-9014
Email: ShimanaKen@Crowtree.mn.edu
Date: 7/9/17​

Hello <character name>

It is my great joy to congratulate you on your successful application to Crowtree University. We here are excited for you to join our welcoming community and help you achieve the greatness you hold the potential for. Crowtree prides itself on being a forward thinking, innovative institution on the cutting edge of future technology and occupations that produces world and industry leaders. We look forward to seeing what you can do.

Now you have been formally accepted there is one final task to give the administration a greater understanding of you and your ability. Please fill out the following questions and email or mail a copy to the address provided.

Full name:
Birth Date:
Please include a picture or short description of your appearance

What degree are you pursuing?

In 100 words or less please describe yourself as a person. We ask you be as truthful as possible.
[]

In two or more paragraphs explain the significant events in your life that have shaped you into that person.
[]

In 100 words or less please describe who you believe you have the potential to be.
[]

For the purposes of our extracurricular clubs please list a variety of your interests/hobbies, and an additional list of your dislikes.
[A reminder that whatever answers you list here, your character will still be a member of the photography club]

University Chancellor
Ken Shimana

University President
Dominic Ferarri

Last edited:

Crowtree University
Date: 7/9/17

Hello Shun Takumi

It is my great joy to congratulate you on your successful application to Crowtree University. We here are excited for you to join our welcoming community and help you achieve the greatness you hold the potential for. Crowtree prides itself on being a forward thinking, innovative institution on the cutting edge of future technology and occupations that produces world and industry leaders. We look forward to seeing what you can do.

Now you have been formally accepted there is one final task to give the administration a greater understanding of you and your ability. Please fill out the following questions and email or mail a copy to the address provided.

Full name: Shun Takumi
Birth Date: 7-10-1999
Degree: BA in Traditional Arts

Please include a picture or short description of your appearance.

552c873876985a14ce35ab82173fdc87.jpg

In 100 words or less please describe yourself as a person. We ask you be as truthful as possible.

Am I anything more than a single speck among many who stain the canvas of life? There are times I question my daily routine, ‘Is there any purpose behind that which I do?’ ‘Is there an end goal for the trials and tribulations that we force upon our brethren and self?’ I desire to find an answer to these questions. Thus, I am a kindred soul, lost in the beauty of art which tells no lies to mine face. There is a truth in every stroke of the brush, in every splatter of paint—waiting to be discovered.

In two or more paragraphs explain the significant events in your life that have shaped you into that person.

Money is a curse that drives good men and women to the deepest depths of our abyssal nature. You would think as one born to the luxury of infinite wealth that the world would be laid before you—As the people might say, ‘That the world was your very oyster.’ Yet I say that this is the furthest from the truth. Money is nothing more than an invitation to a game of shadows and lies. An infinite cycle of take without return that muddles the soul and taints one’s persona. There is no truth in money. Thus, is it not right for one to cast aside an immoral scheme in place of candor pursuits?

History tells a biased tale in favour of justification over rightful representation. A lie to one entity is a truth to another. Yet considering this fickle nature, there is an element that remains truthful in a realm of mendacious shadows. A heart, filled to the brim with candid emotion, cannot be so volatile that it becomes sullied by impure motives. Is this not why we spend time, censoring away that which we find offensive? Because we know it is the truth, and nothing but the truth, hidden within the abstraction of colours and soul. The arts hold the truth; thus, it is such a field I pursue for mine future.

In 100 words or less please describe who you believe you have the potential to be.

Is there any individual who knows the future well enough to say, “This is my purpose on Earth?” Many people have pursued satisfying careers only for their happiness to be stripped away without a realization of its coming. Perhaps a jealous soul who ruins their image; an unfortunate event that invalidates their qualifications. Is it still then their purpose to pursue? Life is not so kind that men and woman can dictate their calling. All we can do is wait and see what holds true for the past, the present, and the future.

For the purposes of our extracurricular clubs please list a variety of your interests/hobbies, and an additional lists of your dislikes.

Interests

· Traditional Arts
· Solitude
· Cats
· Asian Mythology
· Analytic Thinking

Dislikes

· Lies
· Wealth
· Family Name
· Crowds

University Chancellor
Ken Shimana

University President
Dominic Ferarri

Notice: Ashlei is not a host character. She is a side character that will be affiliated with Shun's personal story development and potentially some members of the cast.

Crowtree University

Hello Ashlei Tsukino

Full name: Ashlei Tsukino
Birth Date: 7-10-1995
Degree: Masters in Art Education

Please include a picture or short description of your appearance.

bicolored_eyes_cherry_drink_food_fruit_long_hair.jpg

That is a weird question to ask a student if you desire my honest opinion. If I have learned anything from my undergraduate years…smoke and mirrors, Crowtree, smoke and mirrors. Who I am to one person is the furthest from what I might be to say…someone attempting entrance into your master’s program. But for the sake of an answer that fits my ideal future, let us settle with exceptionally caring and inquisitive. Neither are a lie so I’ll assume there are no issues with us moving forward.

People are never as they seem. Even the most genuine of individuals have a side to themselves that they reveal to none. For most, such a side is negligible and is bashfully stored in their own personal closet; lest it is discovered by prying souls. Yet there are those who keep, not skeletons, but monsters locked deep within. This is a key distinction for it is the latter which are never brought to light until it is far too late to save what is left of their prey. Having watched someone be stripped of their dignity…their worth…their humanity…Perhaps, this is what has driven me to the person I have become today.

Our young and upcoming students need a positive figure who can offer them support. Through my own eyes, I have seen the better and the worse that can happen to our youth. By completing my masters in education, I believe I have the strength to share through the wonders of traditional art. There are many students who need a distraction from the horrors of modern society, and what better than through the soothing calm of self-discovery and expression.

For the purposes of our extracurricular clubs please list a variety of your interests/hobbies, and an additional lists of your dislikes.

Interests

· Traditional Arts
· Mixing Martinis
· Cats and Ferrets
· Children
· Education
· Tennis
· Shun Takumi

Dislikes

· Lies
· Complicated conversations
· Heavy emotions
· Arrogance
· Shun’s Parents

University Chancellor
Ken Shimana

University President
Dominic Ferarri

Crowtree University

Hello Raymond Wishner

Full name: Raymond "Ray" Wishner
Birth Date: Febuary 5th, 1996
6ae0184c8a3ff6eb899a3b3d4ce369bf.jpg

Business Major
Ray is a kind person at heart, and despite his competitive side when on the ice, is usually a friendly enough person to be around. An honest guy Ray is one to speak frankly when things go wrong, and likes to try and keep people together through tough times and work as a team. He likes to think that even if people have problems with each other its easier to work out their problems as a team and through talking than punching it out. That said, he's a bit too hopeful about others, and will usually give people the benefit of the doubt if they seem to genuinely want to change.

Ray's parents are the financially well off co-owners of a business firm in the heart of Ontario Canada, Wishner & Wishner, As such, most of Ray's life has been one of ample comfort. Even with this wealth however his parents made it clear that he should never take it for granted. The pair of them made the money they had from the ground up, and as new money they still held strongly onto the hard working values and knowledge that luck got them as far in their work as skill. As such, Ray was taught never to flaunt his wealth, and that the only way in life he had available was to forge his own path. They were supportive of whatever he wanted to do, but he had to his own way, they wouldn't shower him in money or connections. He even had to pay his own way to Crowtree university, which he managed to do through a hockey scholarship.

Hockey has always been Ray's greatest passion, ever since he was a kid. Inspired by the greats such as Wayne Gretsky (He has a poster of him which is the only form of decoration he brought to Crowtree with him) He'd always wanted to be out on the ice, learning to skate and proving himself as a competent player, and skilled enough to earn himself a scholarship to Crowtree. He prefers to play in the wings, helping set up plays for the rest of his team while still having the chance to score himself. That said, he's usually just glad to play Hockey, and is willing to play whatever he has to when the wing positions are taken up. With the exception of Goalie, he's fairly sure he can play the other positions well, but he hasn't really had to play other roles in high stress situations.

Ray desperately wants to become a hockey player, as it's been a passion ever since he was a kid. That said, he's not one to be completely enchanted by the greats and knows that his chances are slim. As such, he studies business in the hope of one day taking over his parents company, the pair of them are moderately successful, and with the right education Ray believes he'll have a steady background plan for if hockey fails. For now however he works hard in both fields, as he believes that only hard work can get him as far as he wants to be. His family might have some wealth to their name, but Ray wants to prove he can stand on his own two feet and follow his dreams...or at least be successful

For the purposes of our extracurricular clubs please list a variety of your interests/hobbies, and an additional list of your dislikes.
-Hockey
-Camping
-Hanging out with Friends
-Games

Dislikes
-Chess (He's just really bad at it)
-Cheating, especially at sports
-Talking behind others backs
University Chancellor
Ken Shimana

University President
Dominic Ferarri

Crowtree University

Hello Lois Lyster,

Full name: Lois Lyster
Birth Date: 12th of December

View media item 28822
Note:
Ignore the gas-mask! It was for Halloween, but this is my favourite picture of me!

Environmental Studies. I was going to do animal care but I didn't.

I think I'm a loyal person, and I'm always looking forward to the next day! I decided on Environmental Studies instead of animal care because I think it's a bit easier, and I might get to travel. I like buying those adult colouring books too, but sometimes I just look at them and don't colour them in. I'm not very good at colouring. I just put the pages on the walls of my room sometimes. It's all the small details I like.

All I know is that my brother raised me on his own so that's why he's really protective of me. I didn't really ever know my parents, he tells me they were really horrible people so I'm glad I was around him. He's the one that told me to do Environmental Studies instead of animal care because he said it'd be safer. When he found out there was travelling he tried to get me to change my mind but I decided to put my foot down and decide for myself. I'm trying to become my own person so I'm always looking for pointers.

For most of my life I basically did what I wanted and my brother took care of the rest. I didn't realise how much he was doing for me, and I'm only just trying to repay him. So I decided to come to university so I could make some progress in my life. I don't really know what I want to do later on but I suppose trees are okay!

I have the potential to be whoever I want, that's something I've heard a lot but I'm not really sure who I have the potential to be. I don't think I'll be a creative or an academic, but I hope I can help people. I know I'm doing Environmental Studies, but I don't think I'd be any good at a Sociology degree. I just hope I'll be able to be there for people like my brother was there for me.

I'm interested in having fun. I'm not very good at physical sports though because I've got really bad asthma. I'd be happy to watch films and maybe read a bit, but usually I like to be around other people. I really enjoy going to parks and things, maybe having a picnic? That kind of thing!

I don't really like physical violence or alcohol or drugs or anything like that. My brother smokes and he always said it's the worst thing to do. Other things I don't like are... getting injured, having to eat new foods and rigorous sports.

Anything that might help me with my breathing is always appreciated though! I'd try and get my body into a better condition, I just don't know where to start.

University Chancellor
Ken Shimana

University President
Dominic Ferarri

Lois Lyster's letter was mailed to Crowtree University. Within the envelope, there was a short letter addressed to Dominic Ferarri. It reads as thus:

Dear Mr Ferarri,

Be aware that Lois will not be alone at University. I have a place five minutes' walk from both the campus and the private dorms, and I will be around to see her through this. As such, so you know exactly who I am, I've enclosed identification of myself. I have no ulterior motive other than to make sure Lois Lyster is safe.

Yours,
Lull Lyster.

His Identification paper will now be copied here:

Name: Lull "Skullface" Lyster
Date of Birth: Unknown, believed to be born around early 1980s.
Sex: True Hermaphrodite - genetically female. Takes male pronouns.
Portrait:
View media item 26638Kin:
Lois Lyster

To: ShimanaKen@Crowtree.mn.edu
Subj: Re: Enrolment Details for Skylar Rieman

Hi Ken,

Thanks for your wonderful news!

I look forward to coming up to Crowtree and joining the community soon - please find below my replies for administration.

Full name: Skylar Avery Rieman
Birth Date: 7/12/99
Degree: Bachelor of Photography
Appearance:

uldaRhE.png

http://i.imgur.com/uldaRhE.png

I am a violet-haired, blue-eyed painter, fashion designer, urban explorer, amateur photographer and student of life. I am also a seventeen-year old girl with limited tolerance for arrogance, condescension or false pride. I am noticably tiny, but my temper makes me tall and also mighty. Assholes flee before me. If I had to sum myself up professionally I would say “aspirational”. I can't see myself ever being a corporate drone, but freelance or an agency startup... I could see that. Networking will be extremely important to make this a success.

Growing up in Mandeville, my father is an automotive salesman while my mother still teaches ballet. I went through my share of mandatory classes. My most exciting memory of ballet came when I was five, and we went across the lake to New Orleans for a ballet recital. I'd gone there before with my parents shopping, and I'd been to Jazzland once for a friend's party, but I definitely hadn't seen the city's lovely cultured face. I'd been grumbling about having to do my practice instead of playing with my friends and Mom thought for sure that being on show would change my attitude on things. She was right, if not the way she intended – I loved the outfits and the show, but it didn't feel like it was “all about me”, no matter what she said. I wanted to be the costume designer, not the moving mannequin.

After Katrina, nothing was the same for anyone. I mean more than the hurricane winds and the flooding – though our home was devastated by both. We were at one of the evacuation centres then, and later were moved to the Two Pines Motel for the months while our home and community were rebuilt. We had school in that time, but precious little time for ballet – instead I learnt to paint with Mr Edwards. In Mandeville he lived in an old plantation house and we'd only have spoken to him if he'd come to one of Mom's recitals. Here he was in the next room, an equal and equally shaken by the reminder of how very small and vulnerable our lives really were. Over successive shared breakfasts and morning classes he shared his passion for oils and watercolours, for showing the beauty he saw in the world in a frozen instant. We would lost our home again when Ike came in '08, and although we rebuilt our home elevated and (theoretically) storm proof, that served to yank up any roots I had in the “family home”. Applying to come to Crowtree I was asked if I didn't think I would be homesick. As I replied then, my family and friends are my home – and they are only a call or a post away. The rest is bricks and mortar. The rest is temporary and transient.

I suppose the last can be laid at Katrina's door as well – my interest in urban exploration and photographing beautiful and abandoned sites. There were plenty of those to be found in the last twelve years, and when I grew old enough to get curious about what they looked like inside, well.. there they were. Freerunning serves to keep me fit and get me into public places that most of the public never see; Jazztown these days is a very different place to my first visit, and Sweet Charity has to be seen to be believed. That's where some of my drive comes from I guess – the fact that there are beauties and treasures only a handful of people see and if that means a little difficulty for me to get to a place where I can see and share them, then that's a small price to pay.

The next Sara Hankin, Marina Andreeva or Christian Richter – or maybe all of them at once. I have a gift for seeing potential beauty often overlooked by the casual viewer, and I believe that transient beauty deserves to be celebrated at least as much as the permanent icons of architecture. Through paint and photography the moment can be immortalized, and I believe I can be the person to do that and to help the world celebrate the forgotten.

I like painting, photography, freerunning, urban exploration, fashion design and cooking.

I dislike smugness, mean humour, monotony, the ridiculous heavy humidity when it refuses to rain and offices.

Best wishes,

Skylar

On Thu, 9 Jul 2017 at 11:14 Ken Shimana wrote:

__________________________________________________________________________________
Crowtree University
Date: 7/9/17​

Hello Skylar,

Full name:
Birth Date:

[]

[]

[]

University Chancellor
Ken Shimana

University President
Dominic Ferarri

CS
tumblr_n81dwxWfNk1snc5kxo1_r4_500.gif

Crowtree University

Hello Mori!

Now you have been formally accepted there is one final task to give the administration a greater understanding of you and your ability. Please fill out the following questions and email or mail a copy to the address provided.​

Full name: Mori Aoki
Birth Date: October 13th

b5517bdaec82fd5e42fe073b9b3fab1d.jpg

B.A. in Marine Biology

[People usually rely on me when things go wrong in games. I mean, I’m not the ace or anything, but I pull my own weight. I’m always upbeat and ready to dive into anything, I can get a bit reckless and a bit too enthusiastic. If I set my mind on something I see it to the very end. My primary goal when I’m in a team is to encourage everyone to become the very best that they can be. My humor is selective, I am witty at the cost of my own dignity at times. My teammates always tell me that I’m spunky and secretly the captain. If anyone were to make me angry or insult my team, I wouldn’t think twice about causing a scene.]

[I lived in a small town in the Midwest, it was right on the outskirts of a major city. I remember looking at maps and seeing that my town was always glossed over or never even mentioned. Living in Moriochi for most of my life, I have grown to love the town. In a way I felt like I could relate to the small town. I wanted to let the world know about Moriochi.

When I was younger, my parents have always spent their time on my brother, Ryan. I don’t blame them, he was a very sick child when he was young. Sometimes, I would be left alone at home when something goes awry with my older brother. For most of my childhood, my family life was bare and lonely. As time passed, I learned that everything I do will be eventually taken away from me. Friends I made on my own would get along with my brother better than I ever could. He seems to always take away the friends I have had for years. Ryan managed to take the entire town’s attention once he had recovered. Dubbed as the miracle boy, I realize that I had resented him. I pitied him and felt selfish for hating him taking away everything. When he got better and could attend school again, he excelled in everything he did. My parents praised him and he became the favorite child. They had completely forgotten about me. I started focusing on sports so I could try and win back what I lost to him. The one thing he sucked at gym class. He couldn’t even throw a ball in the correct direction..or run due to his limp leg. For the first time in my life, I felt like I could succeed in something he couldn’t. I wanted to beat him.

When I was young I had joined everything physical. My rule was to always give my very best into whatever I am doing. I remember when I had to convince my teachers to help me open up the after school sports and make it co-ed. Not a lot of girls had joined the previous girls exclusively teams and my school stopped funding in them. Determined, I found people who cared about it and constantly bugged the teachers about it. I was very adamant about it. I managed to follow a teacher home and waited all day outside for her to agree to help me. Nonetheless, my efforts paid off. Although it was a bit hard to fit in, I managed to gain respect from my teammates. I wanted them to succeed and I wanted them to cheer me with the same passion.

In high school, I made a name for myself by punching a bully square in the face. Later, I came to know that the bully was redeeming herself by standing up to her bullies and I had accidentally punched the victim. We became quick friends. But the incident set off a bad impression of myself.I had even inadvertently joined a delinquent group due to my passion of showing people, who I don't like, my fists. I became second-in-command until the leader had to graduate. Once I became the leader, there was a sudden increase on crimes relating to beating up people who wanted hurt and tarnish the name of Moriochi. I encouraged the group to help me beat up bullies and pretended that it was for the sake of just punching things. The gang is filled with my friends, I learned about their weaknesses and strengths and used them to encourage them to beat up people in smarter methods and not with entirely brute force. I left Moriochi so I could come back and give the town proper recognition.]

[No matter what I do, I can never become captain. My coaches never find enough “potential” in me to grant some big title as captain of a varsity team. It’s why I’m always bouncing between sport teams. I’ve accepted for now that I will be second best in the eyes of others, but it should never stop me. I’ve learned that my jealousy can push me to strive for better. I want to be the best and overcome my hardships. I want to step out of my brother’s shadow and put Moriochi on the map with my accomplishments.]

• Baking
    Gardening
    Jellyfish
    Punching (this includes pillows, people, doughy foods)
    Sewing
    Food
    Sculpting
    Painting
    Giving people nicknames

University Chancellor
Ken Shimana

University President
Dominic Ferarri

_____________________________________________________________________________​

Last edited:
Send New Email
New Email Received
Shimana, Ken [ShimanaKen@Crowtree.mn.edu]
RE: Crowtree University Acceptance

Thank you! I've been looking forward to this since I sent in my app. Everything asked for is below. You've made my day!

Full name: Alixce Sin
Birth Date: Dec 16th
Me: imageedit_9_7763767141.jpg

Degree: Bachelor of General Studies

Describe myself as a person: I've always been a 'not' kind of person. Like, say, "I don't want to stay in this town forever," so I didn't. And, say, "I don't want to just be the Army girl," so I wasn't. My nots motivate me, get me to the next place! So, I'd say, definitely a not kinda girl.

My significant events: I'm from a small town, most everyone knows each other. Think trees everywhere, stars out at night, clear air (which no-one realizes until they leave). Intimate, but easily knowable. Once you knew, you knew, and I wanted to know more. I had plans, the recruiter just made it easier to all happen faster. Once I was eighteen, bam! Boot camp, service, done and done. I know what you're thinking: Re-enlist? Yeah. But I want to know more than just the Army, and they want me to, too, what with them paying to see me through this.

I know you said two paragraphs, but my life ain't hard to know about. Just hear that slight small-town accent behind the west coast accent I picked up, see that I walk too straight and wake up too early, have my shit way too neat, my story's on and around me much as in these blurbs.

My potential: After re-enlisting, well... I plan on all sorts of things. But definitely: go back home, use the money I've saved and spruce the place back up. I have plans, and just like that recruiter, I'm gonna find a way to make it all come faster.

Interests/Likes: Running, Chess, Nerdy board games, Stars (miss these!), Mud Rugby, Normal Rugby, Improving Accuracy, Sun, Not being too hot, Hydrating, Warm Blankets, Eh, I'm always looking for something new to figure out.

Not so much: Most anything that makes you sit still ( I'm in for it with tests!) too long. Some books make it worth it. But hell, if standing still is all there is, I can do that too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back