• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Yugioh RP?

It's uses the kind of connections I'm worst at.
Oh? What do you mean by that? Not to be rude but your wording leaves a lot up to interpretation, and if you perhaps are able to clear up what specifically the main causes of your confusion are I'm sure I can clear things up for you.

Oh? What do you mean by that? Not to be rude but your wording leaves a lot up to interpretation, and if you perhaps are able to clear up what specifically the main causes of your confusion are I'm sure I can clear things up for you.
I looked up a video tutorial and it still didn't make sense. As long as I don't need to play using them and my enemy isn't using them I should be fine though.

I looked up a video tutorial and it still didn't make sense. As long as I don't need to play using them and my enemy isn't using them I should be fine though.
Maybe the video just didn't explain it well. Here's a quick Pendulum summoning 101 if you want it. :T Hope it helps.
So, what is used for pendulum summoning you may ask? Well that's simple, pendulum monsters like this bad boy here!
ygo_pendulum_tuneup_1.jpg

Now you might be wondering, how do pendulum monsters work? Well, here's an in depth breakdown of everything that's IMPORTANT and puts them apart from regular monsters.

First, do you see how the monster has two effects? Look at the one on the bottom, the one where the type of card the pendulum monster is, the attack it has, and the defense it has is. That is the effect it has in the monster zone. Fairly simple. Pendulum monsters can be summoned just like regular monsters... well as long as there aren't any card effects that prevent you from doing so of course! So, that part's pretty cut and dry, but what about the stuff ABOVE that big ol' box?

Well my friend, that's the effect it has in the pendulum zone. The pendulum zone, as shown below, is the two zones right outside of the monster zone, anything there is treated as a pendulum/spell card, so CAN be targeted by spell removing cards AND pendulum removing cards, so you gotta be careful! You can put pendulum monsters from your HAND into either of your pendulum zones at any time you want, and you don't need to worry about which goes where, trust me, all that matters are the numbers.
info_pendulum_zone.jpg

Moving on, the top box in the middle is the effect it has while in the pendulum zone, but what about the two smaller boxes to the right and left? Well, those would be the pendulum zones. Ignore the fact that they're on both sides, it's actually COMPLETELY irrelevant, since all cards are like that and exist that way simply to show that you can put them in either pendulum zone to allow you to pendulum summon. What do the numbers mean? Well, when you have 2 cards, one in each pendulum zone, you can summon anything between the two card's numbers, otherwise known as their pendulum "scales".

Pendulum-Summon-Levels.jpg

Now for the big question, what IS pendulum summoning? Well, it's a once per turn action performed when you have a pendulum monster in each pendulum zone with scales at least 1 number apart. You can summon any monster from your hand or any pendulum monster from your extra deck with a level number between those two levels, with the only limit being the amount of monster zones you have left!

Now hold on, did you notice how I said that you could summon pendulum monsters from your extra deck? You might be wondering, how are you supposed to even get pendulum monster there, they're normally main deck monsters? Well, the answer to that question is oh so simple, there are two ways to do it! The first way is hilariously obvious, and that's just by using any effect that says to send or put a pendulum monster face up in your extra deck. It's the second that's the real kicker! Any time a pendulum monster is DESTROYED (not sent to the graveyard and sure as heck not when they're banished), tributed for a tribute summon, or used as synchro material they're sent to the top of your extra deck face-up instead, allowing you to pendulum summon them again and again and again in a cycle of hilarious, frustration inducing lunacy! HOWEVER, when used as XYZ materials if the XYZ monster is destroyed or if they're detached from the XYZ monster then they are sent to the graveyard, so be aware of that. When in the graveyard they're treated as monsters and pendulum cards, but NOT spells.

Now let's talk about something sort of complicated, XYZ/Fusion/Synchro Pendulum monsters, like these...abomination of cards.
latest
latest

They're all summoned just like regular fusion, synchro, and xyz monsters the first time (this is mandatory since they're face down in the extra deck), and follow the pendulum monster rules of going to the top of the extra deck face-up when destroyed. They can also be pendulum summoned back... with the exception of the XYZ ones since they don't have levels, instead requiring use of their own effects to pull themselves back out of the extra deck... but cannot be summoned again with their original cost, instead REQUIRING pendulum summons or their own effects to hop back onto the field. The interesting thing though is that the literal only way to put synchro, fusion, and XYZ pendulum monsters into a pendulum zone is through either their own effects or the effects of a card that would move them into the pendulum zones.

Any questions?

It'll be nice getting back to RPing on RpNation and what better way than a Yu-Gi-Oh RP? Of course we'll have to decide on the plot and everything.

bump

still thinking of plot ideas, I think the general outline (links bad, pendulums good, rp on-site) we have is good tho

If you need help for a story plot we could always go down the school root like Yugioh GX and make up a plot based around that.

That seems like a good idea, I was also thinking about something based on Zexal/Arc-V

That sounds like a nice time. We could also do something related to the Number Cards if we go down that path as well. At the same time there's also something we could do with Dragons since it's apparent that Dragons have the most broad area when it comes to cards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back