• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Yu-Gi-Oh! RP - An Academy Generation

Kolchao

Pizza Boy Extraordinaire
Anyone interest in a yugioh RP, preferably at Duel Academy? I don't know much about the future of the school post GX, but I would like to keep the Slifer/Ra/Obelisk class system. Regardless of the time/space location, all post-GX cards and gimmicks (Synchros, Xyz and etc) would be at your disposal.

While I try to understand how the new, horribly made (I lack the adjectives to express my full, colossal disappointment, anger and frustration towards this) RPnation interface, here are some rules on how this will (or would) work:

1. EVERY CHARACTER WILL HAVE HIS/HER OWN DECK

Quite obvious, maybe, but its reassuring to know. You can make any kind of deck you want for your character, as long as it follows the official rules (regarding banned/limited cards). And of course, restrain yourself from putting Egyptian Gods, Sacred Beasts and other legendary/unique cards. This is still the anime/manga world.

2. TWO CHARACTERS PER PERSON MAXIMUM

You're allowed to make either students and/or teachers, but either two of one or one of each. Too many characters makes too many decks and too much of a headache to remember everything properly.

3. NO GOD MODE

Is obvious rule obvious? Yes. Is obvious maximum punishment for those who don't follow it obvious? Yes too. I swear to Jesus & friends, if you're some kind of duel spirit person-man from Christmas Land with your super special Yata-Garasu Lockdown Deck, you will feel my imaginary hammer so up your innards your form will look decent in comparison.

4. DUEL RULES (these are mainly for duels between role-players)

4.1 Should two people engage in a duel, the winner will be decided at random (by yours truly).

Why, you ask? Not only it will prevent ever-lasting fights and arguments between sore losers and cocky winners, but it will give you a chance to play out a much more interesting and well developed "choreography" for the others who are watching. I don't want to see you pull out every trap card and miracle draw in the fucking book just so you can prevent your opponent from winning.

The minor exceptions are the following:

- The duel is very important to the person in question. (In the lines of, his/her expulsion is on the line and similar)

- The person in question has been having a loosing streak. (If you lost 2 duels in a row against a role-player, I will allow you a victory)

- Both duelists agree on a result, in the OOC chat, or by private chat. 

If you think something is unfair, or not right, come talk to me at anytime.

4.2 When dueling someone else, always post the status of your side of the field at the end of your posts.

This way, it's easier for both the spectators and the opponent to know what's going on. The ONLY time you may not post your field status is when you pass a turn and change nothing on your side of the board.

Allow me to exemplify:

*start post*

-narration-

I summon Battle Ox in attack mode!

-some more narration-

I set two cards face down and end my turn!

-a pinch of narration-

(C)

Battle Ox (ATK) - 1700/1000

(S/T)

Face down card

Face down card

*end post*

Doesn't seem to hard, right?

If requested/necessary, post the status of your graveyard as well, as some decks might play around it.

I guess that'll do, for now.

Who up?

Considering the last one I tried tied, tenative interest.

I've got a better way to handle duels, though. I don't mind the victor being assigned at random, that's completely up to preference, but it goes way too slow if you do it post by post. I host a fairly successful YGO RP of my own on a different site, and we keep the duels in one post be collabing it. We go over to a site like titanpad or similar, for example, and then write our stuff out reactionary... Like this example here. We've had a ton of duels, I just want to show one where I was there to oversee how it went. We use a system of dice to roll hands and draws and I trust my players enough not to rig it, but again, personal preference and I'm not in any way suggesting you should follow my example if you don't want to.

Tag me if you decide to boot this up or not, I might or might not play.

EDIT: Also tagging @Ender The Spider King because I know they're looking for YGO RPs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Considering the last one I tried tied, tenative interest.

I've got a better way to handle duels, though. I don't mind the victor being assigned at random, that's completely up to preference, but it goes way too slow if you do it post by post. I host a fairly successful YGO RP of my own on a different site, and we keep the duels in one post be collabing it. We go over to a site like titanpad or similar, for example, and then write our stuff out reactionary... Like this example here. We've had a ton of duels, I just want to show one where I was there to oversee how it went. We use a system of dice to roll hands and draws and I trust my players enough not to rig it, but again, personal preference and I'm not in any way suggesting you should follow my example if you don't want to.

Tag me if you decide to boot this up or not, I might or might not play.

EDIT: Also tagging @Ender The Spider King because I know they're looking for YGO RPs.

That is... A fairly nice idea, and it does seem more effective. It seems I'll have to discard colorful commentary, but it's a good trade. I might ask you in the future for more information and detail, in order to fully understand how this works, but I do like the idea, yes I do.

Gentlemen, and others, time is not on my side, but hopefully, by this afternoon/night (it's currently 12h30 in here) A form will be ready, and you'll receive the call to arms. Inspire yourselves and bring out your best, for the moment.

That is... A fairly nice idea, and it does seem more effective. It seems I'll have to discard colorful commentary, but it's a good trade. I might ask you in the future for more information and detail, in order to fully understand how this works, but I do like the idea, yes I do.

Gentlemen, and others, time is not on my side, but hopefully, by this afternoon/night (it's currently 12h30 in here) A form will be ready, and you'll receive the call to arms. Inspire yourselves and bring out your best, for the moment.

Actually, if you want commentary, you could just join into the collab and have the announcer interject in the middle of the duel like this example here. If you need any more details, I'd be glad to help. I've been doing this shit for nearly a year now.

Actually, if you want commentary, you could just join into the collab and have the announcer interject in the middle of the duel like this example here. If you need any more details, I'd be glad to help. I've been doing this shit for nearly a year now.

All the better then! We'll discuss more details later when possible.

I have been summoned! This seems pretty cool and I really hope it actually get's off before crashing and burning in RP hell like the last one I had the displeasure of joining. I just wish I remembered my gadiator beasts deck I wanted to use or my last one. I'll get to building a new one,  and I look forward to hopefully joining this RP.

I have been summoned! This seems pretty cool and I really hope it actually get's off before crashing and burning in RP hell like the last one I had the displeasure of joining. I just wish I remembered my gadiator beasts deck I wanted to use or my last one. I'll get to building a new one,  and I look forward to hopefully joining this RP.

Good to have you, Spider King! Hopefully I'll be able to take this a long way. It's a rough time to make these things, for me, but I'll try to keep it up for as long as I can

This RP is like extra dead.

YOU'RE KIDDING ME!!! DAMN IT!!

giphy.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back