• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Yu-Gi-Oh! RP - An Academy Generation - CHARACTERS

Kolchao

Pizza Boy Extraordinaire
BEFORE YOU MAKE YOUR CHARACTER(S), HERE'S SOME EXTRA INFO:

I don't know how cannon or against cannon this would be, but I think it would be nice to spice up the "duel academy" theme with some variety. I know it's called DUEL academy, so naturally most enrolled are aiming to become great DUELISTS, but there's more to children's card games!

When enrolled, you will be given the option to follow one of these paths:

The Duelist Path, the most natural and the common choice for many students. If you want to be a professional duelist, this is where you go.

The Deck Builder Path, for those who wish to focus on being a master deck builder, discovering combos, strategies. Want to be responsible for creating future Structure Decks? Define the meta, make a new lockdown combo that will ban a card or two? You'll feel at home.

The Card Maker Path, for those who wish to master the art of creating the new cards. Want to be responsible for deciding the game's next big gimmick? Designing Cards and possibly new rules? It's a hard, but not impossible.

Also, I presume the number of years required to graduate is decided by your skills so let's set some numbers:

A Duelist can graduate maybe in 3-5 years.

A Deck Builder can take up to 5-6 years

A Card Maker might go over 7 years

Now while this is mostly for flavor, it makes nice terrain for a bigger variety of personalities than normal, in my opinion. Should you think this is not a good idea, or that it adds nothing to the RP, please express yourself. We all live in democracy (I hope).

Last edited by a moderator:
THE FORM

(Organize it however you please, just make sure you fill every topic and don't make too much of a mess)

Personal Information

(Picture of your character)

Name:

Personality:

Brief Background:

Academic Information

Class: (Obelisk, Ra or Slifer)

Years enrolled: (If you're not a new student, for how long have you been here?)

Field of Choice: (Duelist/Deck Builder/Card Maker)

Duelist Information (because you all need to know how to duel, regardless of your field of choice)

Deck(s): (deck builders may have more than one. Give your deck a name and post the deckles right below it)

Brief Deck Description: (some people might not know all the cards or understand some choices, so just give a small explanation on the main gimmick and stuff)

Win/Lose Ratio: (goes from A to F. Having an A basically means you win a lot and don't loose much, F means you kinda suck, hard)

Personal Information

2023998_1317088243469.73res_500_462.jpg

Name: Jack Ishikawa

Personality: Charming, observant, slow to anger as well as confident.  Jack is a player in every sense of the word and is always looking to test his luck.  A gambler at heart, he believes the world revolves around the power of luck and is willing to gamble anything for anything.  Despite being a gambler, Jack doesn't believe in cheating or tricking people and will go out of his way to deal with people who do.

Brief Background: Born into a middle class family, Jack had always believed his family deserved better than average.  Using his luck, his deck and his knowledge of gambling, Jack dueled people for money and cards, eventually earning enough money for his family to live an upper class life.  His parents used the remaining money to send Jack to the Duel Academy where he could put his dueling skills to better use.

Academic Information

Class: Ra

Years enrolled: Two Years

Field of Choice: Duelist

Duelist Information

Deck: Gambler's Luck

Monsters: 14

Blowback Dragon

Dice Jar

Gambler of Legend

Jirai Gumo

Marshmallon

Maximum Six

Neo-Spacian Grand Mole

Sasuke Samurai #4 x3

Silver Sentinel

Time Wizard

Twin-Barrel Dragon x2

Spells: 12

Book of Moon

Cup of Ace x3

Dangerous Machine Type-6

Dark Hole

Dicephoon x2

Graceful Dice

Question

Second Coin Toss x2

Traps: 14

BIG Win!?

Compulsory Evacuation Device

Dice Re-roll

Dust Tornado

Fairy Box

Fiend Comedian

Magic Cylinder

Mirror Force

Needle Wall x2

Skull Dice

Paths of Destiny x3

Extra Deck: 1

Number 7: Lucky Straight

(If numbers aren't allowed due to the whole possession thing I'll gladly take this out.  I'll also end up swapping big win with another card in that case.)

Brief Deck Description: The deck is solely a luck deck, relying mainly on coin flips and dice rolls which lead the user to total victory or utter defeat.

Win/Lose Ratio: B

Edited 13 minutes ago by Kolchao 

Could you post the decklist, after the deck's name? After that, I think you are set

Oh and numbers are allowed, I think the whole possession thing can be discarded. Since they are technically a Zexal thing only, I don't think it's very relevant, especially since I'm keeping them just so that people can use them in their decks.

Also, I completely forgot to mention. This is detailed RP, I expect solid posts, ALTHOUGH, mind you, I'd rather have you use your common sense over your inner Shakespeare when posting a reply. You don't need to post 7 paragraphs of inner monologue to respond to someone's "Hello, how are you?" now do you? Keep it solid, but above all, keep it real. Sometimes a short post will be the best option, but only sometimes.

Could you post the decklist, after the deck's name? After that, I think you are set

Also, I completely forgot to mention. This is detailed RP, I expect solid posts, ALTHOUGH, mind you, I'd rather have you use your common sense over your inner Shakespeare when posting a reply. You don't need to post 7 paragraphs of inner monologue to respond to someone's "Hello, how are you?" now do you? Keep it solid, but above all, keep it real. Sometimes a short post will be the best option, but only sometimes.

Yes sir, understood, sir!

Edit: Fixed it up for ya!

Name: Yuuro Yasuhiro

Appearance: Yuuro stands at about 1m75, making him a very average guy in terms of length. His face is obviously still young, with and almost straight line of acne running down the far right end of it. His eyes are oddly heterochromatic, with one being a beautiful emerald green and the other a rather plain brown. There isn't really anything else out of the ordinary about how he looks, aside from maybe his hair. It's a duo of black and scarlet red, with the scarlet forming bangs that are combed to the left and upwards, at a bit of an angle. The black makes up the rest of his hair, covering the back of his head in a spiky mess and letting a single bang fall out from behind the scarlet ones, running down about half of the face. He's painted his uniform to be completely white with bright red streaks, something the staff have to keep hammering on him about but he's unwilling to change. Yuuro has his uniform open at all time, revealing his vast array of colorful shirts underneath and a surprisingly casual jeans. He values comfort over style, so his shoes are a white pair of sneakers to go along with his uniform.

Personality: Yuuro is a very energetic person, coupled with a very lazy attitude. He won't get anything done unless he feels like it, but still somehow manages to have all the energy in the world to burn. He's here to have fun and it shows, choosing to give a flashy show compared to actually trying to win in a duel. Despite the less than stellar on average record, Yuuro is a genius when it comes to dueling, evidenced having already mastered all summoning methods... only he never actually takes a duel seriously unless he has to, which makes him lose more than it makes him win.

Brief Background: Yuuro comes from an upper class family, having vast wealth and influence over the world... only he always was the odd one out among said family. He used to constantly sneak out and dye his hair at very young ages, escaping his private tutor and being a typical rowdy kid. He was incredibly talented, but never felt like actually putting any effort into things because he got bored of it. Yuuro much preferred to spend his time watching street duels, or live broadcasts. The ones he enjoyed the most were of the people who tried to make a show out of dueling instead of strictly trying to win, with flashy effects and bright colors flying all over the place. At a young age he started dueling himself and proved to pick it up rather quickly, soon beating any teacher his parents could send at him. When Yuuro got his first Duel Disk, his entire style started to shift from effective to flashy like he saw in all those duels, showing off with strange card effects or drawing out a match to make it more exciting. His parents were disappointed and sent him off to Duel Academy, forcing him to take a course in card creation rather than dueling which is what he'd rather be doing.

Class: Obelisk Blue, barely.

Years enrolled: First year!

Field of Choice: Card maker

Deck: Odd-Eyes' spectacular performance!

Deck List:

Monsters: 20

Odd-Eyes Gravity Dragon x 1

Odd-Eyes Saber Dragon x 1

Odd-Eyes Dragon x 2

Odd-Eyes Phantom Dragon x 1

Descend Dragon Magician x 1

Performapal Splashmammoth x 1

Oafdragon Magician x 1

Performapal Odd-Eyes Light Phoenix x 1

Odd-Eyes Persona Dragon x 1

Performapal Silver Claw x 1

Performapal Uni x 1

Performapal Corn x 1

Odd-Eyes Mirage Dragon x 1

Performapal Lizardraw x 1

Nobledragon Magician x 1

Timebreaker Magician x 1

Performapal Odd-Eyes Unicorn x 1

Performapal Trump Witch x 1

Tuning Magician x 1

Spells: 10

Odd-Eyes Advent x 1

Sky Iris x 1

Polymerization x 1

Illusion Balloons x 1

Performapal Recasting x 1

Performance Hurricane x 1

Draw Muscle x 1

Wonder Balloons x 1

Roulette Spider x 1

Pendulum Rising x 1

Traps: 10

Performapal Call x 1

Performapal Pinch Helper x 1

Wall of Disruption x 1

Pendulum Back x 1

Ring of Destruction x 1

Unbreakable Spirit x 1

Lucky Punch x 1

Destructive Draw x 1

Punch-in-the-Box x 1

Heartfelt Appeal x 1

Extra Deck: 5

Beast-Eyes Pendulum Dragon x 1

Performapal Odd-Eyes Metal Claw x 1

Odd-Eyes Vortex Dragon x 1

Odd-Eyes Meteorburst Dragon x 1

Odd-Eyes Absolute Dragon x 1

Brief Deck Description: Most of Yuuro's cards are there not because of effectiveness, but because of their flashy effects. He'll try to show off as much of his deck as possible in as short amount of time, while being able to do all five special summoning methods with ease.

Win/Lose Ratio: D. He'll win on occasion, but he'll choose to goof around more than put any actual effort into it.

I'm going to hold off on making a second character until I know this RP took off and is going well. I'll leave a blank sheet here in case I want to fill it out later.

Name:

Appearance:

Personality:

Brief Background:

Class: 

Years enrolled: 

Field of Choice: 

Deck(s): 

Brief Deck Description: 

Win/Lose Ratio: 

WIP

Name: Ryan McKinley 

Appearance: Ryan stands at a good 5'11", slightly above average, but not by much. His face also looks slightly more mature than your average teenager, it's even sporting a little petite goatee. His eyes are your average hazel-ish brown color. His hair is a nice reddish brown color and it's pretty short all around, except in the very front, which is considerably longer than the rest so he can spike it up when he feels like it. Ryan's uniform has been "modded" by him,, against the wishes of the staff, in many ways. First off all, he has cut off the large collars off of all of his jackets, simply because he finds them obnoxious and annoying. Secondly, he's rolled up the sleeves to his elbows because he doesn't like the way long sleeves feel. Finally, he always keeps it open, just 'cause really. You'll also rarely see him with socks or shoes as he finds them restricting.

Personality: 

Brief Background:

Class:  Ra Yellow

Years enrolled: First year

Field of Choice: Deck Builder

Deck(s): "Orange you Glad I'm using Glad Beasts?" and "Artifacts are Arteffective."

Deck List: 

Orange you Glad I'm using Glad Beasts?:

Monsters:

• Gladiator Beast Augustus x3
  • Gladiator Beast Bestiari x3
  • Gladiator Beast Darius x2
  • Gladiator Beast Equeste x2
  • Gladiator Beast Lanista x2
  • Gladiator Beast Laquari x3
  • Gladiator Beast Murmillo x2

Spells:

• Colosseum-Cage of the Gladiator Beasts x2
  • Gladiator Beast's Battle Archfiend Shield x2
  • Gladiator Beast's Battle Gladius x3
  • Gladiator Beast's Battle Halberd x2
  • Gladiator Beast's Battle Manican x2
  • Gladiator Beast's Respite x2
  • Indomitable Gladiator Beast x3

Traps

• Gladiator Beast War Chariot
  • Trojan Gladiator Beast x2
  • Magic Cylinder x2

Extra Deck

• Castel, The Sky Blaster Musketeer x1
  • Gladiator Beast Gyzaros x3
  • Gladiator Beast Heraklinos x3
  • Number 101: Silent Honor Ark x1

Artifacts are Arteffective

Monsters:

• Artifact Labrys x2
  • Artifact Scythe x3
  • Artifact Moralltach x1
  • Artifact Failnaught x2
  • Artifact Chakram x2
  • Artifact Caduceus x2
  • Artifact Achilleshield x3
  • Artifact Beagalltach x3
  • Artifact Aegis x2
  • Absorbing Jar x1

Spells: 

• Artifacts unleashed x1
  • Artifact Ignition x3
  • Magic Cylinder x2

Traps

• Call of the Haunted x2
  • Artifact Sanctum x3
  • Malevolent Catastrophe x3
  • Double Cyclone x3
  • Twin Twister x1

Extra Deck:

• Artifact Durendal x3
  • Number 61: Volcasaurus x2
  • Constellar Pleiades x2
  • Tiras, Keeper of Genesis x2 

Deck Description: "Orange you Glad I'm using Glad Beasts?" is all about getting basic Glad Beasts out on the field and equipping them with certain spell cards to make them survive longer. Then tag out into other Glad Beasts to activate their effects based upon what is currently needed while fusion summoning more powerful cards.

"Artifacts are Arteffective." is all about 

Win/Lose Ratio: C, His skill really depends on how much he feels like trying or how pumped up he is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back