Other Yu-Gi-Oh! Players? Or am I the last one?

LostHaven

Error 404: Heaven not found.
Roleplay Type(s)
So I've played a fair bit of Yu-Gi-Oh! But recently, I can't really find any local events at all, and I only know a few people who still barely play the game ._. Are there still any Yu-Gi-Oh! Players out there or am I that nerd stuck in the past, babbling on about shit that nobody even knows about anymore?

So I've played a fair bit of Yu-Gi-Oh! But recently, I can't really find any local events at all, and I only know a few people who still barely play the game ._. Are there still any Yu-Gi-Oh! Players out there or am I that nerd stuck in the past, babbling on about shit that nobody even knows about anymore?

Plenty of card and comic book shops still host yugioh because the franchise is as popular as ever thanks to Arc V being a franchise saving hit. But on the other hand, a lot of people have moved on to Cardfight Vanguard, which is also plenty fun to play to.

If you're still looking to get involved in the community, but there's nothing locally to participate in. Then you have an issue. I'd usually suggest duelingnetwork since it was a clean and fair way to play the card game online, but recently Konami has taken down the site over copyrights and IP lawsuits. But the guys over there used to host tournaments, set up their own ranked ladder, and had community events to just have fun.

There's  also http://www.ygodevpro.com as an alternative. I haven't  used it myself, so I can't  give it an accurate review. But according to most people its pretty good too if you are just looking to play against others. The community and social aspects are supposedly lacking though.

I used to be a yuigioh player like you. But then I took a stratos ban to the knee

what did you do? xD

Last time i went to a tournament, some guy ripped up my cards T-T

There's  also http://www.ygodevpro.com as an alternative. I haven't  used it myself, so I can't  give it an accurate review. But according to most people its pretty good too if you are just looking to play against others. The community and social aspects are supposedly lacking though.

thanks you're a lifesaver

I used to be a yuigioh player like you. But then I took a stratos ban to the knee

That Stratos ban though, to be fair Stratos was fairly op considering how versatile you could be strategy wise with an E-Hero deck. Not to mention its effect was overloaded as balls for not having any cost.

My personal crux was just part of being a casual player and being beat by power creep. Still glad after many years, Monarch deck is still semi-decent.

Last time i went to a tournament, some guy ripped up my cards T-T

Did he have big glasses and a bug type deck. Either way fuck that guy.

Last edited by a moderator:
That Stratos ban though, to be fair Stratos was fairly op considering how versatile you could be strategy wise with an E-Hero deck. Not to mention its effect was overloaded as balls for not having any cost.

My personal crux were just part of being a casual player and being beat by power creep. Still glad after many years, Monarch deck is still semi-decent.

Did he have big glasses and a bug type deck. Either way fuck that guy.

No, the part he did Tbilisi run a bug deck and no glasses. What hurt most is that he was a fellow dragon deck player. T-T I used to run a deck similar to an immortal dragons deck, in the sense that it revolved around resurrecting dragons which I intentionally put in the graveyard. And I had cards like hope harbinger and five headed dragon. I guess that baby couldn't stand that somebody was better at dragon decks than him. xD I guess I did pull my off a 7400 attack dark paladin.

and now everyone knows my deck as the 'Cancer dragons deck' 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back