Other Youtube and Youtube drama?

AshleyBergie

Country Girl
So I was wondering if anyone else on this site has been trying to start up a channel but due to the whole changes with the watch time and sub count issue is slowly starting to lose hope for the website and small youtubers starting up? (No this isn't talking about money and crap)

Or if not I was wondering if there's any tips we all can share with each other to help each other out?

I know there is probably a few people on this site that have or are starting a YouTube channel and I haven't seen any posts really for it so I decided to open a discussion about It where we can talk about struggles, tips and stuff like that.

This thread is not here to bash people who are doing youtube or any youtubers!
I'm not gonna deal with any pettiness or backlash cause you have one set option on something.

Last edited:
I have some tips for people:

1.) Don't put dead people in your videos... *COUGH* logan *COUGH*
2.) Don't tase dead rats on video... *COUGH* logan *COUGH*
3.) Don't take people's children based on accusations... *COUGH* ksi *COUGH*

There are a lot of serious issues with the tubez and they're not just "your videos aren't interesting" or "you should do this and that". I'm not sure if you've heard, but YouTube recently admitted in a Q&A livestream that they don't even send notifications out to users about their subscriptions unless they have the bell on. They explained that they do a sort of hierarchy. So the less a subscriber watches your videos or clicks on your videos, the less they'll be notified when a new upload is available.

They haven't admitted yet, but there is also a clear favoritism when specific channels get their videos on trending while others (such as the face reveal video from HowToBasic incurred vastly more views and activity over a shorter amount of time the day it was released) never hit the trending page.

There's also been clear signs that YouTube doesn't uphold their website policies for everyone, and just picks and chooses who they want to exempt from their rules. Example: During the Las Vegas shooting, Jimmy Kimmel had ads running on his YouTube video addressing it. Any content creators even touching upon it (ex: Casey Neistat promoting different charities to donate money and blood and telling viewers that ad revenue will go towards the event = video demonetized.) This was because the Jimmy Kimmel show already has their own sponsors that work with them outside of YouTube, so they explained that because of that they were able to have that pocket of funds and security to run ads, while any content creators were just stripped. YouTube TOS is used to do what it can to make the website as vanilla and disney-esque as possible, which is why they're able to demonetize videos for even just *TALKING* about a tragic event. The TOS is something that *SHOULD* have demonetized Jimmy Kimmel regardless if the ad revenue was from YouTube's partnership with sponsors or The Jimmy Kimmel Show's direct partnership with sponsors, but they didn't.

YouTube is highly hypocritical and, as far as I believe, it's because the company has expanded too much without an effective communication system for their different factions they have trying to keep the site up and running. No one talks to each other, and no one talks to the content creators.

There are a lot of serious issues with the tubez and they're not just "your videos aren't interesting" or "you should do this and that". I'm not sure if you've heard, but YouTube recently admitted in a Q&A livestream that they don't even send notifications out to users about their subscriptions unless they have the bell on. They explained that they do a sort of hierarchy. So the less a subscriber watches your videos or clicks on your videos, the less they'll be notified when a new upload is available.

They haven't admitted yet, but there is also a clear favoritism when specific channels get their videos on trending while others (such as the face reveal video from HowToBasic incurred vastly more views and activity over a shorter amount of time the day it was released) never hit the trending page.

There's also been clear signs that YouTube doesn't uphold their website policies for everyone, and just picks and chooses who they want to exempt from their rules. Example: During the Las Vegas shooting, Jimmy Kimmel had ads running on his YouTube video addressing it. Any content creators even touching upon it (ex: Casey Neistat promoting different charities to donate money and blood and telling viewers that ad revenue will go towards the event = video demonetized.) This was because the Jimmy Kimmel show already has their own sponsors that work with them outside of YouTube, so they explained that because of that they were able to have that pocket of funds and security to run ads, while any content creators were just stripped. YouTube TOS is used to do what it can to make the website as vanilla and disney-esque as possible, which is why they're able to demonetize videos for even just *TALKING* about a tragic event. The TOS is something that *SHOULD* have demonetized Jimmy Kimmel regardless if the ad revenue was from YouTube's partnership with sponsors or The Jimmy Kimmel Show's direct partnership with sponsors, but they didn't.

YouTube is highly hypocritical and, as far as I believe, it's because the company has expanded too much without an effective communication system for their different factions they have trying to keep the site up and running. No one talks to each other, and no one talks to the content creators.

This... This is the thing people need to hear. This is what people and YouTube itself NEED to understand.

Do not play all the same games, Fortnite and overwatch appear most often, try to discover new pearls and games that have little to zero playlists.
"Follow me for more videos", most known Youtubers use this formula, even if they have a lot of subscribers! let people come on their own.

And do it more for fun, not for money.

this is also the advices i want to apply for my channel.

Last edited:
I agree it is hard to start out these days. There is already a lot of content and hard to get noticed.
Depends on what your goals as a youtuber are... if money is not the goal, then pick whatever you enjoy making videos about and advertise them in related communities. That's probably the first step to get more viewers.

I think being active in a community is the key, at least when you're starting out. People won't know about your channel if they don't even know who you are.

And yes, ignore drama. That would be the main advise for today.

Last edited:
YouTube shouldn't be a medium that should be pursued for the sole purpose of becoming popular/making money. It's not reliable enough to be a career for most people, and the people it is reliable for are either pandering heavily towards the system or are having to always be on their toes. It should be something pursued for the passion of making videos and sharing your content with the world. As soon as you stop caring about how many subscribers you have and how much money you make, YouTube's many problems suddenly become a little less serious. You wouldn't pursue drawing for the sole purpose of getting people to like you, would you? It's far too time-consuming and requires far too much practice to get to a really good place, money and fame being your motivator is not going to last you long enough to get anywhere. Don't treat Youtube like a job, treat it like an art, because that's what it is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back