Your Current Binge Play Game

Shyla Nesthorn

Tactical Combat Maid
As the title says, sometimes you'll pick up a game and that'll be all you play for the next few days, weeks or even months. I tend to do this a lot, so what games are you all currently binge playing?

I've been playing Planetside 2 again for the past 2 weeks straight.

Dark Souls 3 came out last Monday evening and I've logged 65 hours. Sigh.

What PS2 server are you on? I used to play quite a bit, too.

Doing another run of Illusion of Gaia.

The whole series actually. I finished Soul Blazer before this and after this I'll go on to Terranigma, thus completing the circle of sacrifice. Or the triangle, as it were.

Gladius said:
Doing another run of Illusion of Gaia.
Oh wow. I was actually thinking of this game earlier today, not entirely sure why. Made me start debating doing a run of that and a bunch of other SNES RPGs. LiveaLive, Lufia 2, FFVI, etc. Certainly wasn't expecting to see someone mention that here, haha.

So I've been binge playing Smash 4 since...well, launch. I still really enjoy it, but I'm trying to break from it to chip away at my backlog. Not really working.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ammy said:
Oh wow. I was actually thinking of this game earlier today, not entirely sure why. Made me start debating doing a run of that and a bunch of other SNES RPGs. LiveaLive, Lufia 2, FFVI, etc. Certainly wasn't expecting to see someone mention that here, haha.
So I've been binge playing Smash 4 since...well, launch. I still really enjoy it, but I'm trying to break from it to chip away at my backlog. Not really working.
SNES RPGs are the best. Also, awesome to see someone mention Lufia. I love that series to death.

Persona 3.

I loved persona 4, so I decided to play, and it's not that bad so far. But, it seems like persona 4 is the winner.

Now I just have to wait for persona 5!

Gladius said:
SNES RPGs are the best. Also, awesome to see someone mention Lufia. I love that series to death.
I've really only played the second one. Rented it from a mom and pop shop one day. Game blew my mind, the monster recruitment in particular since it was well before the explosive introduction of Pokémon to the world.

Was actually looking into the DS reboot a couple days ago which seems...well, pretty terrible. At the very least Battle 2 is still great in that game's OST.

Ammy said:
I've really only played the second one. Rented it from a mom and pop shop one day. Game blew my mind, the monster recruitment in particular since it was well before the explosive introduction of Pokémon to the world.
Was actually looking into the DS reboot a couple days ago which seems...well, pretty terrible. At the very least Battle 2 is still great in that game's OST.
The monster recruitment is great, although on my first playthrough I went through the entire game without ever using it. It is more fun with using it though.

Dragon Quest V is another game with monster recruitment, which I think might have inspired Pokemon although I'm not sure of the details there.

I'm kinda on the fence about the reboot. They changed the genre when they made it, so it plays very differently and is more action-orientated...which I'm not really sure about. Still prefer the original though.

Plus, Dekar has pink hair in that one. :P

Dark Souls 1 because a friend got 3 and gave me the free copy. Every time I sit down to play, I alway tell myself that I won't stop until I'm practically in tears by how frustrated I am...

I'm currently binge-playing Warframe, indulging in the endless grind and praying to the almighty RNG Gods. Still, I completed alot of stuff and basically have good loadouts for everything, Now I just gotta farm and help new clan members. And farm. And then farm some more.

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. I put off playing this game forever because I was more absorbed with Majora's Mask and Windwaker, but I finally started playing it this month. I've been having a good time so far. I'm enjoying the story.

None right now but I'm about to play minecraft on the PS4 so probably gonna be that, Previously it was far cry primal

On the PC, it's Binding of Isaac Rebirth (+ DLC!) mostly due to the fact that I don't have money to buy any other games that I like and nostalgia from playing the original flash BoI. On console, it's the HD remake of Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker, mostly because of nostalgia from playing the Gamecube version.

Vivification said:
On console, it's the HD remake of Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker, mostly because of nostalgia from playing the Gamecube version.
I remember I once got like, 75% through that game in one sitting back on the gamecube. Then the power went out and I lost all the data because I didn't save

[QUOTE="Shyla Nesthorn]I remember I once got like, 75% through that game in one sitting back on the gamecube. Then the power went out and I lost all the data because I didn't save

[/QUOTE]
I had a similar experience except it was Ocarina of Time and I'd JUST completed the Water Temple TT^TT

Persona 4 in my 2nd playthrough, I just broke up with Naoto in favor of my other bae Yukiko.

I've never felt so guilty before in my entire life, that break-up scene... (TAT)(:'()

I cant pull myself away from Dragons Dogma: Dark Arisen the PC port and the new Bravely second while im on load screens. Love the way you fight monster in DDDA but I guess I get that from my love of monster hunter on DS

samsan99 said:
I cant pull myself away from Dragons Dogma: Dark Arisen the PC port and the new Bravely second while im on load screens. Love the way you fight monster in DDDA but I guess I get that from my love of monster hunter on DS
Yea, capcom is good at making "fight large monster" type games. Dragons Dogma, Monster Hunter, Lost Planet.

Just started playing republic commando again since the last play through I did was December of last year. Played yesterday for 7 hours.

I've been playing splatoon religiously since I got it for Christmas omg I've never played a game so addicting yet so rage inducing >___> I'm A+ rank but haven't breached S yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back