Chitchat Your Best Scared Moments

Imnothere

Say my name
I get scared easily like I know you'll be around the corner and I'll still scream when you jump out.

Sooooo I can't be the only poor soul that scares easily. Lets share our best moments. Here's mine.

My bedroom has an attached bathroom so imagine a wall and theres a door to the bathroom and the rest of the wall is a closet with floor to ceiling mirror the slidey door kind. Now I was going up to the bathroom and the whole upstairs is dark its nighttime and we rarely use the upstairs. I'm on my phone scrolling through facebook or something aimlessly not turning on lights because why do I need to? Well I walk into my room still looking down and I decide to look up because I must be at the door. Wrong I was actually in front of the mirror. All I see is my reflection and my face is illuminated with the phones light and I scream stumble back. I've never been so scared before I was crying and laughing. Suffice to say I turn on the lights now and dont stare at my phone.

Alright lets hear them :) A good scare is always fun.

Not really sure if I should share or not but meh xD

-Me an Israeli solider in uniform with friends at about 4am, no one else around. The last week we were getting constant messages about the situation heating up, and likely some form of attack/s will follow. My friend who was behind me and had a speaker connected to his phone(Playing music), used the gun shot app.

I don't think I need to tell you how fucking scared I was.

Last edited by a moderator:
[QUOTE="An Adequate Captain]Not really sure if I should share or not but meh xD
-Me an Israeli solider in uniform with friends at about 4am, no one else around. The last week we were getting constant messages about the situation heating up, and likely some form of attack/s will follow. My friend who was behind me and had a speaker connected to his phone(Playing music), used the gun shot app.

I don't think I need to tell you how fucking scared I was.

[/QUOTE]
I heard someone did that in front of a PTSD clinic.

Not sure if it is true or not...

So I recently watch light out

SPOILER ALERT!!!

and I went to sleep in my bedroom. I wake up to the sound of scraping and I see my little sister drawing in the background. It was like 1pm and I did not see anything. So I though it was the thing (I forgot it's name which is afraid of the light). Now My bed forever smells like poop.

My friend, @Suzuki Mine, and I were watching a walkthrough of Five Nights at Freddy's. I'm not the best with jumpscare things, and so that game was just terrible for me. Even though it was funny, I kept almost jumping out of my chair. We were both laughing so much. At one point, the anticipation was too much, and one of the animatrons popped up out of nowhere with loud noises and I jumped up out of my chair and ran. I think I ran down the hallway or something. I don't even remember. I think I almost had a heartattack. xD

one time my school took our entire year group on a camping trip to wales, and one of the 'fun activities' involved riding a pony up and down a muddy mountain. yeah, the ponies lost their balance on the way down and started sliding on the mud. thinking that i was gonna fall off the mountain, i screamed and pulled on the reins or something, causing my ride (i think his name was loxley) to pull up directly in the path of two fast-moving cyclists.

I went on a ghost hunt nearly 2 years ago (halloween, to be exact!), and something really freaked me out that night...we were at a museum in a town called York in England (about an hour away from where I live.) The building itself actually used to be a prison, to be specific, the prison that Dick Turpin the famous highwayman stayed before his execution. 

Usually I'm quite level headed with this sort of thing, being an agnostic fence sitter and rationalizing things...because is something's going to happen, I want it to be genuine. I believe there's some sort of scientific phenomena going on, without a doubt. Whether or not that's ghosts, I don't know...but usually, 80% has an explanation. 20% however, does not. 

The prison section of the museum itself was freaky enough on its own...in one of the cells there was a super detailed carving in the wall of Jesus Christ on the crucifix, that a prisoner had obviously taken a lot of time carving... and that was unnerving...

Anyways, we had a trance medium there. I usually would roll my eyes, not believing in trance mediumship one bit from previous experiences. However, as he was talking, our EMF was going off to match his speech patterns... That's not at all normal. Then he was supposedly taken over by a spirit and the eye rolling commenced, so we asked "is there anyone here you wanna talk to?"

Yeahh, he looked at me and said "Youuu". Then he said it was because I was weak, and wouldn't tell somebody how I really felt about something pretty damn personal. It wasn't enough to convince me of anything, but what was really freaking me out, was that the guy's face was changing and it was like I could see these cold eyes. The actual mediums eyes were closed, but this was like a sort of...face over a face. It made me freak out like you wouldn't believe!

I don't think what I saw was necessarily real, but if nothing else it was interesting! And bloody terrifying...

I think it's entirely possible that my mind was filling in the blanks left by the low lighting, and that's pretty much my conclusion...but it's a moment I'll never forget, and I don't think I've felt my heart beat much harder than that in all my days! :o  

When I was about eight or nine, I was in the kitchen playing on my parent's laptop. It was late in the evening, my father had not returned yet, my mother was in another room watching T.V, while my grandmother and my younger sibling were doing something downstairs.

I was on the edge of the chair I was sitting on, and the game I was playing was making me extremely pissy. I kept rocking the chair back and forth, even though I had been told before not to do that, since it'll weaken the chair's "legs" and make it break sooner. Overall, the chair was made of thick wood and it was pretty heavy. 

A few minutes of this, and I had reached a part of whatever game I was playing that irked me the most, and in my fit, I rocked the chair sideways instead of front and back and I fell off it. The chair came crashing on my head. 

It hurt, but the pain wasn't too bad. I just felt a little lightheaded. I sighed, thinking that the worst was over and then felt my head to make sure there were no bumps. What scared the shit out of me was when I saw that I was bleeding. From my head. That had never happened before. Ever.

I panicked, starting to feel the blood drip down from my hair onto my neck, and took off my sweater and covered it on my head. I didn't even think that it would make my sweater drenched in my blood, I just needed to get to an adult fast. My mom, hearing the noise, came into the kitchen and screamed when she saw me bleeding. She wasn't any help.

I ran downstairs to my grandmother, starting to cry. I was bleeding, my mom was almost as frightened as I was, perhaps maybe even more, and I couldn't find my grandma anywhere. I don't think I ever felt as scared as I did back there. 

Thankfully, the thing got sorted out. But while they put ice wrapped in a towel on my head, I heard one of the adults say that there was a lot of blood on the floor at the base of the stairs leading to the basement. That sent chills down my spine, knowing that was my blood. 

Last edited by a moderator:
One thing you have to know is that I love the woods/forests no matter where I am, and i always go in them to read, run, workout, walk my dogs, calm down, literally everything. Another thing you should know is that I am curios as hell and it will no doubt and up killing me someday. So I'm at my cottage running through forest on a slightly popular route, so it's a nice trail with little brush in the way but secluded enough that I wasn't going to run into anyone anytime soon. As I reach the midway part of my run, I see a very old oak tree with a hollowed out hole in it and in that hole a neatly folded piece of paper shoved near the back of it. I stop and stare at it for a few minutes and all I can think of is that I have seen waaaaay too many movies to know that this paper is hella important and I am not leaving here without it because I have to know what is on that paper. Of course you're thinking "Khaz, why not just grab the paper?" Well here's the catch: it was behind about six inches of very thick spider webs. It's not that I am a wimp or that I'm afraid of spiders but that is a lot of webs that I would have to go to to get this paper, but again I need to know what is on this paper. Of course now my imagination is spinning out of control, not only is this paper pretty well hidden (it was a miracle I spotted it), but it is also being guarded by a seriously badass spider or possibly multiple spiders so this thing must be like top secret military secrets or something. 

At this point I'm debating how I should get the paper out. I decide that I'll just reach in with my hand and grab it because it's going to be too hard to use a stick to get the paper out. Before i did that, though, I decided to give the hole a look jut in case there were any spiders, and trust me I was looking really hard. From a distance I couldn't see anything, and then I got closer also nothing, and then I LITERALLY PUT MY FACE RIGHT NEXT TO THE HOLE and still nothing. So I'm like maybe this is an old spider web. But there is still no way I'm getting all those webs on my hand and arm so I decided to use a stick to brush the webs away and then reach in to get the paper. 

As soon as I passed the stick, and I mean as soon, like the stick wasn't even a centimetre in the hole this gIANT HUGE MOTHER FRICKEN SPIDER- BIGGEST SPIDER I HAVE EVER SEEN I'M TALKING TARANTULA SIZED- DROPS DOWN ON THE STICK AND TAKES HOLD BUT ITS TOO LATE FOR HIM BECAUSE I HAVE ALREADY TAKEN FLIGHT AND WHIPPED THE SPIDER STICK AS FAR AS I POSSIBLY COULD WHILE MIDAIR. I am 6'6" and a varsity athlete. I am manly. and let me tell you, I screamed and jumped higher than I ever have. The worst part about it is that the spider did not come from inside the hole, it was on the outside of the tree hovering above the hole LITERALLY RIGHT WHERE I HAD MY FACE and I couldn't see it because it was camouflaged. 

And that was the day I learned that guys can scream and cry too. 

Most scary moment of my life?

Robbed at gunpoint about 6 years ago. Was coming home from work, and was snuck up on. Guy got upset that I didn't have much money ($10), and was yelling at me to show him 'the real money'. Emptied my wallet, he snatched it, and I said "Hey man, don't take my ID, I need that..." which was stupid and I thought was gonna drive him over the edge. Fortunately, he just chucked it at me and ran of.

My brother is a jerk so I have tons of scared moments. The most scared moment would have to be when I almost got hit by a trailer truck. 

hoo boy do i got a story

ok so like anyone else i am..very afraid of sharks. like i remember once i was in san diego just laying on a boogie board quite far from shore, just laying and relaxing. i suddenly thought about a shark (like literally the only thing that happened was the word "shark" popped into my head) and i immediately started swimming to shore lol

anyways!! so one night i was beyond tired. i had worked hard during soccer that day, i had worked a little bit with my mom (also i was just a bit malnourished)  - i was nearly falling asleep standing up. i was taking a quick shower before bed, and for some stupid reason i decided to shave. i cut right beneath my calf on my heel (so like. it was a blood bath), but of course i was too tired to care. i kinda just stood up and groaned and then began rinsing it off, when suddenly the word "shark" ran it's course through my mind. i don't know if you've ever jumped out of a shower before, but it seems like the most difficult thing to do - especially with a cut heel - but i was fuckin...outtie.

apparently blood + water + exhaustion = ....shark? shark.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back