Young Justice: Heroes of Tomorrow

Evergreen98

♡Sweet Little Reaper of Death♡
A girl with cotton candy pink hair,and chocolate brown eyes was sitting in the living room of the Young Justice League hideout at, Happy Harbor doing her school homework. It was a Friday, and all the team members were a bit late in arriving at there. She along with another person, Shadow, arrived around 12pm, and have been waiting for about an hour. So,far they met Miss Martian, aka Megan, and Superboy, aka Conner. They both were friendly, although Conner seem a bit more grumpy than Megan. The pink haired girl put her laptop down, and let out another stressful sigh. " Lily Calm down, you are being nervous for no reason" Megan said as she walked over, handing her  a cup of hot chocolate.

" Thank you..." Lily said with a sigh. "And I cant help... I get nervous when I meet new people..." she added quietly as she sipped her cup of hot chocolate.

"Well, you have nothing to worry. Everyone on the team is very friendly" Megan said with a friendly before looking at the laptop, and papers on the desk, "So, what are you doing?"

"A history project... kinda brought it over so I can calm down.." The pink head answered.

"Oh.. I see." megan said with a nod. " Did it work?"

"A little bit" Lily answerd wirh a nervous laugh before sighing again. Megan couldnt, but laugh a little at her.

---

@Flame Demon

Shadow hums softly while beating Kid Flash his high scores at games she can find "He probably won't like that much" Black Canary says, she was watching the kids "Don't care" Shadow says looking through the stack of games while putting the one she just finished on the pile next to her "He's good a shooting games, though you already went through those" Canary says and she smiles "I'm going to check with Batman" she adds and leaves the room earning a "Kay" from Shadow who starts up a racing game, it was boring as hell to wait.

Lily sipped her cup of hot chocolate, " Is it always this quiet when no one is around?" She asked Megan.

"Yeah, pretty much" The Martian answered as she looked at looked at the laptop that the girl was typing on for the past hour. "So what do you need in the project?"

"3-5 page essay, a visual aid and model of sorts. I am almost done with the paper. Just need 1 more page, and then I can start on my visual aid, which I can do tomorrow" Lily explained.

Megan sweatdropped, " That's alot..."

Lily shurgged, " I dont mind, it keeps me busy" she added quietly as she sipped her cup of hot chocolate. She then coughed a little when she heard the zeta tube activate, which meant some of the team members have arrived.

It was Robin, and KF "Good Afternoon Megan, good afternoon Conner" Robin sakd to the two before noticing Lily, and Shadow. He stared at Shadow for a moment, before blinking, "Shadow?" He said in a bit of surprise.

---

@Flame Demon

Shadow looks at him "The one and only, can't you tell by the outfit?" she jokes before turning her attention back to the game, Wally looks at the two girls before seeing what Shadow is doing "Please tell me you aren't beating my high score in just about every game" he says, but Shadow says with a laugh "Then I won't say anything about it".

Black Canary and Batman enter the room "Where are the other two?" Batman asks and Black Canary chuckles seeing Wally trying to get the game controller from Shadow "Wally can't you just let her be?" she asks walking over to sit on the couch "The mentors are having a meeting here since Superman wasn't careful with his coffee and spilled it on the computer at the watchtower" Batman says "So I want to send you guys on a guarding mission for the museum in Gotham"

Liky sweatdropped at how easily Shadow was getting along with everyone. Megan nudged her, " see?" She said with a laugh.

" Yeah..." Lily said with a sigh as she sat down.

Robin chuckle as he looked at Batman, "They should be here in bit" he said as he walked over and sat down next to Lily. Lily stiffened as she looked at Robin, "Hi"

"Hi..." Lily said quietly.

"You look like a mess" Robin said with a laugh making Lily sighed. " So who are you?"

"Um... I am Lily Evergreen. Nice to meet you"

" I mean your superhero name. But nice to  meet you" Robin said with a smile.

"O-oh.. Soldier Girl.." She answered.

"Ehh.. so your the other hero that helped Bats and I catch the joker with Shadow when he ran off to Moonlight City.." Robin said.

Lily nodded, " That was an interesting experience..."

Robin laughed, "Anyone fighting the Joker would normally say crazy, but interestin works"

---

@Flame Demon

"He was so scared when we eventually cornered him" Shadow says and she sighs "Too bad I can't patrol there as much as I want to anymore" she says and sighs. Batman looks at her "You still have school to worry about" "Should've said no when you asked if I wanted to live with you" Shadow mumbles and Wally looks at her "I know Robin's been doing this for 4 years, but what about you two?" he asks looking at Shadow and Lily "Since I was 6" Shadow says and she adds "Not too sure about Lily though"

@Evergreen98

" I have been doing this since I was 13.. so about 3 years..." Lily answered quietly as she twiddles her fingers as she spoke.

"These are actually from the same city" Robin added with a smile. 

"Ehh? That is cool. How long have tou two known each other?" Megan asked.

"I've know her since she was 7. I wasnt a hero at the time.." Lily answered softly. She jumped when the zeta tube activated  again. This time Kaldur, and Artemis walked through it. 

Artemis looked over, and raised an eyebrow, " new members?" She asked as she walked over to them with Kaldur.

---

@Flame Demon

"Yes, so now that everyone's here you'll be heading of again" Batman says looking at the two "A group of criminals is planning an attack on Gotham's museum today, we don't know when, so you'll be heading there now" he explains and Shadow gets up after turning of the game "Kay, but should you introduce us first?" she asks. Canary sighs "Artemis, Kaldur, these two are Shadow Raven and Soldier Girl your new teammates. I just wouldn't recommend sparring with Shadow until after you finished my lessons" she says.

@Evergreen98

Artemis, and Kaldur nodded to Batman, "Nice to meet you two" Kaldur said t Shadow, and Lily.

"N-nice to meet you too..." Lily said softly.

"Welp now that we are all aquatinted let's get moving" Robin said wirh a chuckle as he started walking. Megan giggled a bit as she followed after Robin with Kaldur.

"Wait, dont we have to-" Artemis got cut off by Lily changing to Soldier Girl. 

The white hair girl walked past the blonde who stared for a moment before shrugging, and following after the group that left through the zeta tube.

---

@Flame Demon

Shadow l hums softly as she walks next to Robin "Why are you so surprised to see me here anyway?" she asks. Wally sweatdrops and asks "Why don't you live in your own city Shadow? Aren't you needed there?" "Stuff happened, but I go there in the weekends and in vacations" Shadow says and she sighs "Now can you please stop asking qiestions?"

Batman sighs, he had been worried Shadow would have trouble, but she was doing pretty well "I think that those two will fit in just fine" he says and looks at Green Arrow, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, Flash and Superman who just arrived.

" Never thought Bats would let you, and SG join the team" Robin said to her. "Even more surprised that he got SG to join the team. Isnt she a lone wolf?" He askedwith a chuckle.

SG sighed, " She is right here you know" she said to Robin, slightly grumpy about how Batman got her to join the team. "Plus since Shadow was joining the team, he thought it would be a good idea for me to join in as well"  she explained to Robin.

"That sound Batman. Also you may have impressed him as well when we were trying to catch the joker." Robin added.

"Well, you guys know him better than me. I just followed his instructions on what to do" SG said with a shrug.

---

@Flame Demon

"Well I was pretty much against joining if she didn't come too" Shadow says as she stretches "And if I hadn't agreed to come with you, which I almost wasn't planning to do, I would have been a lone wolf as well. I still am one by the way" she says, she found having teammates troublesome since you couldn't leave one behind.

Robin sweatdropped at they arrived at the museum, "So what is here that someone want to steal?" SG asked.

"I wonder if it is Cat women steal some artifact that will put us all in danger" Robin said with a sigh.

" Whatever it is we have to protect it" Kaldur said as her walked over. "Megan js everyone connected?" He asked.

"Yes, they are" The Martian answered with a smile.

"Alright, how about Artemis and SG on the rooftop. Conner and KF near the entrance on the outside. Megan and I will be inside. Near the entrance and Robin and Shadow can be deeper inside the museum" he said to everyone.

---

@Flame Demon

Shadow nods and she asks "What do you mean with 'is everyone connected?' Aqualad?", she didn't know what they were talking about "M'gann makes a telepathic link with everyone, that way we can talk using our minds, no matter where we are" Kid Flash says and Shadow sighs "Don't bother, even Martian Manhunter get in my head and I like to keep it that way" she says and walks of. "Did she go through something traumatizing or something that she blocked her mind completely?" Wally asks, but Connor says "That's not our place to know, if she wants to tell us she will"

@Evergreen98

Robin frowned a bit, and followed after the girl, "Superboy is right.. let's just get into position" Kaldur said. SG watched Shadow for a moment, even she didnt did know anything anout her friend's past. She mentally sighed as she turned i to mist, and got on the rooftop of the opposite building front museum with her. A sniper appeared in her hand as she got into position. 

Artemis looked up, and looked at Megan, " Mind giving me a lift?" Megan shook her head, and lifted the girl up and set her down next to the girl. Artemis looked at SG, " You do realize we dont use guns right?"

"I dont use realy bullets. They are power by my aura" SG explained as she looked at her, and form a blue aura sphere in her hands. " they stun, and knock oht the enemy" she added and the sphere disappeared. Aqualad and Megan then got into position.

---

@Flame Demon

Shadow walks to the artifact and sighs sitting down, she wondered how long it would be before the team started to notice it "I hate my life" she mumbles and she looks at the thing they were suppose to guard "That looks like an ancient staff" she mumbles.

Connor and Wally get in position and Wally sighs "Guess I'll stop questioning it then, but I am curious about her" he says and Connor says "We shouldn't prey into her life"

@Evergreen98

Robin sat down next to her, " thwre are many old objects in the museum. In fact I think Catwoman gets requests to steal from her all the time. But if is Batman asking us to guard it. I dont think it is Catwoman.

"So do you know anything about Shadow's past?" Artemis asked.

"No, and even if I did I wouldnt tell anyone without her permission first. It's not right to tell someone's past without their permission...right?" She said ass she looked at Artemis.

Artemis nodded slowly, " Yeah..."

---

@Flame Demon

"True, might be the Joker" Shadow says and she sighs "Just wish Bats would tell us why he's sending us on this guard mission" she says looking at it the staff "This thing doesn't even have a description"

Connor looks at Wally who appears to be deep in though and he asks telepathically "Any sight of suspicious people already?". Wally looks around, it seemed too quiet for some reason "And where are the usual guards anyway?" he adds to Connor's question.

@Evergreen98

SG was using her super hearing to losten for movements. It was concentrating around, and inside the museum, 'Nothing...' she thought finding it weird that she hasn't picked up on any movement yet. ' If it is weird for thereeo be no guards then there is a possibility that the theif is inside the musem already'  she said to everyone telepathically.

Robin nodded slightly, " We thing the theif is already inside" he swid to Shadow quietly. " And I dont think it's the Joker. It could be a magic user like Chaos Kid" he added quietly.

---

@Flame Demon

"But what would a magic user want with this thing?" Shadow asks mentioning to the ancient staff "It doesn't seem to be anything special" she says and looks around, she didn't hear or see anything at all.

"Then Robin and Shadow are in trouble, there were guards here a few hours ago, I saw it on the news" Connor says and he listens closely "I hear breathing close by, but it's even, as if they're sleeping" he informs the group. Wally runs around the building coming back with two sleeping guards "Sleeping gas" he concludes before looking at the museum.

@Evergreen98

Robin got his staff ready, " get ready..." He said to Shadow. " and it's probably has some power that only magic users can use. Who knows..." added.

'Tch.. Aqualad can I head inside?' SG asked.

'No, we still need someone on the rooftops. Megan, and I will go back up Robin, and Shadow. Conner, and KF do a sweep of the building' Aqualad instructed as him, and Megan headed over to Shadow, and Robin.

----

@Flame Demon

"I don't hear anyone" Shadow says getting her dual blades "It's almost too quiet if you ask me" she mumbles, she didn't like this at all, she looks at the staff and then scans the surroundings again, this made her wonder about something "Hey Robin, what if we're not here to catch a thief?" she asks.

Connor looks at Wally, who does a quick sweep of the building and the speedster says "No sign of anyone besides us" "Weird, why would Batman send us here if no one is trying to steal the artifact?" Connor asks.

@Evergreen98

"Wouldnt be surprised if Batman was testing out teamwork" Robin said to Shadow. "Also, Aqualad and Miss Martian are coming over" he said to he kept his stance ready. " why do you think there is no one coming?" He asked her. " KF found two knocked out guards"

' Well I could wither mean that the enemy is invisible, or Batman is testing us' Artemis said to them with a sigh.

SG sweatdropped, ' he does that?'

' Yep' Artemis replied with a sigh.

---

@Flame Demon

"Not that Robin, that" Shadow says pointing to the staff they're suppose to guard "There's no thief, just this weirdly acting thing, try getting close to it, it almost seems to be alive" she says and adds "Or something's possessing it, whatever you like to think".

Wally sweatdrops "What did Shadow say what it was? We haven't exactly seen it Rob" he says, it was too bad they couldn't include Shadow in their psychic conversation. Connor thinks for a while "Well whatever is causing this is dangerous, do the guards even know it's here, or is it only the league that knows?" he asks.

@Evergreen98

Robin looked at the staff, and walked closer to it, feeling a weird vibe from it. " it is giving off a weird vibe. Maybe Megan can tap into it. If it is alive" he said. ' And she said it was a staff' he replied to KF. 

Miss Martian arrived with Aqualad, " Is that what we are protecting?..." Ms Martian asked the two.

"Yep, it's giving of a weird vibe" Ribin answerd.

---

@Flame Demon

Users who are viewing this thread