• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Young Justice; A New Era

starter

if your character has not been finished being made, don't worry about it. As long as we said you're accepted, you can still roleplay. As soon as you finish your characters, just find a way to jump in. Today and tomorrow won't be anything big, so your character could have just been out shopping or busy. Cause remember! The team has been together for about a week now. This is just a GOOD SIDE STARTER. VILLAINS ARE NOT IN THIS SIDE

---

For being in the middle of May, it sure was a rainy afternoon. Even though they were sheltered by their base, one could still hear the pounding of the rain from outside if you listened carefully. Since it was storming outside, most of the team members were inside the base just discussing things with each other or well, doing whatever they wanted to do. For Carrie, she spent her morning in the kitchen doing a little baking. The smell of fresh brownies traveled through out the cave, signalling something delicious was being made.

@Trundle @ThatGuyWithSouvlaki @Tearlach the Fade @BlackJack @LadyMatsudai @HaywireP

Wally was just finished with his homework he had to do. Apparently his dad wanted him to still do some school work even though he was off school. Walking outside of his room in the cave his nose picked up a scent of food. Knowing he couldn't resist food he bolted for the kitchen finding Cassie fixing brownies. "Hey Cassie what are ya fixing",Wally asked.

@shattered

--

Kyle had his ring in his battery as he said the Blue Lantern Oath. After he got done finished charging the ring he walked out of his room only to find a fast blur ran past him. Which was probably Wally smelling some food that he can eat. 'He can really eat if he wanted to' Kyle thought with a chuckled before he just started strolling through the cave.

Alex sat back on one of the coaches in the base, half asleep finding the stormy afternoon boring. He didnt even bother to change into a human form keeping in his neutral state, like a half finished marble statue with no facial features apart from his nose. The sound of the food instantly made him move standing up and shuffled into the kitchen his appearance changing to that of zombie making a moaning sound and raising his arms as if a zombie." Brownieee... Browniee.... " He moaned.

Ingrid just finished her daily yoga when she caught the sent of the brownies and walked to go see what was going on. When she got to the kitchen she saw Wally and Cassie and brownies. She walks over eyeing the brownies and jumping at the zombie with it's want for brownies.

Anastasia sat in a far corner of the base not too far from the kitchen, reading the letter she had received from her father intently. It had been a few weeks since she received her last letter from her father, her nerves worked up from the delay. Every week as he promised the day he and her mother left her in the care of Bruce Wayne, Anastasia received a letter from her princely dad to inform her on everything that was happening. A small smile curled on Ana's face to the inside jokes and cute nicknames he gave her, pulling out a small picture from the bottom of the letter of her parents embracing each other in front of one of the grand fireplaces of the Markov palace. The smile disappeared before a gasp escaped Ana's lips to Wally suddenly racing in to examine the brownies, brushing her hair back with a soft sigh, her gaze returning to the small picture in her hands.

Aron awoke in his room in the Cave to the smell of brownies. He shot upright and got dressed as fast as he could. He ran out of his room and made his way to the kitchen yelling, "BWOWNEEZ!" over and over again. He ran with his arms out in front of him as though he was trying to catch something. When he made it to the kitchen he ran up to Carrie and said, "Can I please have some?!"

Gage arrived from his three mile run to the scent of beauty. He stopped in the main entrance of the Cave and he closed his eyes to feel the brownies. He breathed in and out deeply. When he finished he walked to his room to see his brother running towards the kitchen like a little kid. He shook his head in disappointment and he sighed. When he changed inside his room he made his way to the kitchen asking everyone, "How are y'all?" with a straight and scary face.

The blonde girl pulled out the delectable treat out of the hot oven and then placing them on the counter. Her blue eyes focused in on her hands as she took off the black oven mitts she was wearing. She then sauntered over to a drawer, opening it up and placing the oven mitts inside before returning to her freshly baked treat. A quick gust of wind passed by her, blowing her hair many directions. "

Wally...

" Carrie sighed. "

You shouldn't run in the cave.

" She gave a small scolding, but her voice was a little too friendly at the moment to be taken seriously. Soon after Wally entered the kitchen, she was soon met with most of the other members. "

Oh...um, good day everyone~

" She greeted with a bright smile. "

You're all free to have some brownies~

" This should have answered Wally and Aron's questions.

"

Also! I

just

pulled them out of the oven....so they may be a little

hot

." She advised before clicking her tongue. Her eyes then met with Gage's who seem to hold a serious feeling to them....and a tad bit frightening. "

Oh hey, Gage~ Would you like a brownie as well?

" She asked, pointing to the freshly baked treat on the table. She had literally

just

pulled out the brownies, and suddenly nearly everyone from the team was in the kitchen. It just proves how much food controls the body.

|| @Trundle >> @IronDragon >> @HaywireP >> @LadyMatsudai >> @ThatGuyWithSouvlaki ||

Mason yawned as he walked towards the kitchen, where he could hear voices. His hair was still wet from his 'drive' outside, he always loved the sensation of having the rain hit his metal body when he is in his car form.

Unfortunately, the rain only made him want to go back to sleep, and thus he decided to get some breakfast and see everyone. He finally reached the kitchen, where Carrie was offering brownies.

"Can I have some? I'm so hungry I could eat a whole engine...which probably means my own engine." Mason made sure to have a smile plastered on his face, even though it didn't reach his eyes.

He had only known the group for a week, so he wasn't about to open up to them so quickly, maybe later today he would, but not now.

Diverting her eyes for a moment once again from the photo in her hands, Anastasia noticed even more members of the team were circling around the one named Carrie to take a sample of the sweet treats she had cooked up. While Ana felt a slight inclination to go and take a small brownie of her own, her body seemed to sink in further into the seat, the thought of interacting with the others making her a little apprehensive. She could hear cracks of thunder just on the other side of the walls of Mount Justice, hugging her jacket closer to her body before standing up to begin to walk towards her own room. A little privacy would have been nice with everyone crowding around in the kitchen.

"Browniee...." Alex said one final time before picking up a brownie and eating half of it at once. He looked like he calmed, transforming back to his fully featured human form. "That hit the spot." He looked around at the cohorts crowding around the brownies. "If you cook it they will come. You attracted the horde of the mountains with these brownies " He joked before noting that Anastasia didnt come for one, he took one brown and thinned himself to pass through everyone. He walked back to the living area and saw Anastasia wasnt there and went to her room. "Hey earth princess, your royal subject brought in a fine brownie for you delectation. "

Ingrid takes and brownie "Thanks Carrie for the brownies." She looks in the kitchen unhappy that she forgot to put the sunflower in her like she had put a flower in every other room. So she goes back to her own flower covered room and grabs the sunflower before going back to place it in the kitchen smiling at what she has done. She looks back at her new teammates wanting to get to know them more as she eats the brownie.

Just as Anastasia believed she was in the clear for returning to her room without being seen, she gasped to the sudden voice of Alex right behind her. Her head turned towards the clay man to catch a glimpse of the brownie resting gingerly in his hand. Hugging the letter instinctively closer to her chest, Ana shook her head, frowning a little to the princess comment. She always hated the nickname ever since she was little. While it may be true she was Markovian royalty, she grew up like any kid in the United States...normal, relaxed, and uneventful. "I...I am alright, Alex...thank you," she spoke quietly.

"You sure? You dont have i will. If i have it you wont find more brownies later. I am not going to be responsible for missed opportunity like this." He insisted seemingly not getting any signal that Anastasia wanted to be alone." Come on, even if your troubled brownie would south what ails you."

Hearing Alex'a insistence on taking the brownie before there were none left, Ana sighed, eyes darting down to the brownie in Alex's hand before taking a hesitant step forward, carefully taking the crumbling dessert into her hand. Looking it over once, Ana drew the brownie to her lips and took a small bite, chewing the soft cakey dessert as her eyes lit up a little, following her surprise with another small bite.

He smiled when she finally took the brownie and took a bite, seeing the look in her eyes. " Yeah, it had the same effect on me. Hope it helped with whatever you have troubling you." He said winking at her." I am not going to ask because i doubt i would be of help and clearly dont want to talk so i will be around. " He said turning to leave.

Finishing the chewing of her second bite, Ana could not help but blush a little to the wink from Alex, glancing down at the treat in her hand in thought. She looked up to see Alex turning to return back to the others before she brewed the courage to speak. "Thank you...Alex...I am sorry...I know I am a little...hard to get along with," she spoke softly.

He paused and turned back around to face Ana and smiled at her. " No worries, probably wise i am a big blabbermouth, like me walking in in to Ingrid dur... I am saying to much." He said jokingly giving a look that he might have said to much."Hey.. You are not gonna get that one out that easily. "

Alaina's nose caught whiff of the delectable aroma that filled the cave. Brown eyes watched as others sped past her for a taste in that sweet. Unlike the rest, Alaina didn't head to kitchen. Not because she was trying to be distance, but simply cause she was avoiding the chaos that would take place in there. She could just imagine everyone fighting over those brownies....and that fight was not something she wanted to take part in.

As she walked down a corridor of the cave, her eyes met with Blue Lantern's. "

Oh....hey.

" A slow but bright smile soon surfaced on her face. "

You're not getting a brownie?

" She asked, slightly raising a brow while waiting for his answer.

@IronDragon

Wally grabbed two brownies from the pan and shoved them in his mouth."Thanks Cassie",Wally tanked though she probably couldn't make out what he said due to him having brownies in his mouth. Once he swallowed he thanked her again but this time much clearer" Thanks Cassie and sorry for running",Wally apologized.

--

Kyle was currently walking through the cave when he found Alaina "Oh hey there Alaina, no I was not considering that the kitchen would be crowded at the moment but if there is any left later then yes I would have one",Kyle answered polity before asking"Have you already had one."

@shattered

Gage smiled a little and said, "Id love one. Thanks, darling." He snagged a brownie and started to eat it slowly. "This is great by the way." He said trying to make her feel proud of her abilities.

Aron pounced on the brownies and grabbed two brownies. He quickly ate them like a pig as he grabbed another. He smiled with a mouth full of brownie and said, "Thanks Carrie!" He continued to act like a child and eat the brownies.

Gage smacked Aron on the back of the head and said, "Manners jagoff."

Anastasia felt her eyes widen a little in surprise to Alex mentioning some secret involving Ingrid, her lips parted a little before finding herself smiling a little to Alex saying she would not get that secret so easily. Her attention soon turned back to the others gathering in the kitchen, debating on whether or not to join in.

Hearing how everyone was enjoying the brownies put a bright smile on Carrie's face. It was great to know they were all enjoying it. "

You really think so? Thanks!

" She gleamed at Gage's response about her treat. Even though she wasn't the best member on the team, it was great to here that she was a fairly good cook. A small giggle escaped her soft lips upon watching Aron's childish actions about the brownies. Not a bad thing, in fact, it was kinda cute. Her attention drifted over to Wally once he apologized, "

Oh...there's no need to do that! I just didn't want you tripping and getting hurt...

" And she rather not have her hair blown in numerous directions right after brushing it.

@Trundle @IronDragon

Alaina's head shook at Kyle's question. "
Mmm, nah. I don't think I'm that hungry at the moment.

" She admitted with a slight sigh. It's not like she was full, she just didn't want to fight Aron and Wally over some brownies. If there were some left over in a little bit, she might grab some...but that was highly unlikely. Those boys just seemed to have sweet spot for baked goods. "

Anyways....I was going to ask. Do know if we're going to get any missions soon? It's been nearly a week we've been together....I kinda would like some field training as well.

"

"You wondering whether to join in?" He asked Anna at one of his brief moment of astuteness. "I know the look, had the day i came especially looking how i do without this and general yuckiness of me wet clay mode" He added presenting his current appearance. " The wont bite... Well i dont know about Alaina but still."

Ingrid stood in the kitchen looking at all of her new team mates and wonders about them all and if she is even on any of their radars. She sits and puts her hand over the sunflower next to her making it sway in the invisible breeze. She does this forgetting people are around and muttering to herself in Finnish.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back