• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
Characters
Here
Other
Here
"Maybe so." Mindy agreed, also beginning to circle around the room aimlessly. "I guess, though, that it's fine. Only, I'm a little hungry." As she said this, she touched her stomach lightly. "There are always snacks at clubs, right?" She hoped that she didn't sound too childish saying that.

Last edited:
Sora shrugged. "I really hope so, I didn't bring anything with me." The boy replied, his mother wouldn't be home for at least a few hours so he was kinda stuck.
"Wait- Come with me."
Sora invited Mindy to follow him out to some vending machines out by the entrance hall.

Seeing the machines, Mindy moped a little. She didn't have any money, she never did, for she had spent it on presents a few months back. "It's alright." she said softly. "I'm not that hungry..."

*I come late to the club* Sorry I'm late. Random street bullies were bullying me so I lit them on fire and had to hide from the police for 30 minutes.

Sora just stared at Mindy for a moment with a disbelieving look. "Ohhhh okay, I mean, if you're not hungry I guess i'll meet you back in the club room."
If she was reading his mind, or just good at reading his expression Mindy would immediately realise he was going to get her something from this machine if she asked for it or not.

"Maybe so." But she didn't feel right not checking her purse for at least a dollar. Nothing. Not even a penny. (Of course that was was because she let her little sister flip one into the fountain every time they went to the mall. ) Clearly agonized, she made her way back to the club room. She had brought this on herself for not eating lunch.

A few buttons pressed, a couple of sparks, and a minute of time later...
Sora glides back into the club-room with an arm full of snacks. "Catch!" As the fifth-grader with a amused grin chucked a bag of candy and a bag of chips at Mindy, playfully he hoped to catch her off-guard with them.
Regardless of success he skates himself over towards some beanbags set up against one of the club-rooms walls and just throws himself onto them with the remainder of the snacks in hand.
"You gonna come and eat?" Inviting her over to sit on one of the other beanbags.

"Sheesh!" Mindy exclaimed, realizing at this moment that Sora could be startling whether she read his thoughts or not. "I offer my gratitude, hoping it will suffice... " She bit her lip at her formal affirmation, wishing to be more casual. (and at the same time, less childish)

She sat down on one of the beanbags as well, fingerings the bags of snacks as if they were dangerous.

Last edited:
"Gratitude..?" Sora looks briefly confused by her formality and starts shaking his head. "It's just some snacks, it's not a big deal! Eat!" The boy meant it was well, laughing as he replied.
Meanwhile he just tore open a bag of mildly spicy chips he got himself and started to munch away, quickly leaving crumbs on his hoodie.

Mindy giggled again. "How do you do that? You just seem so confident, but me, I'm just... awkward, in the least." She opened the box of candy he had given her, which was coincidentally her favorite, Sour Patch Kids. "That's probably why all the people at school hated me. I'm too verbose, and stuff.. I don't know... I just feel. " Defeated, she put a Sour Patch kid into her mouth and chewed it slowly.

"I dunno. " He says with a mouth full of chips, then chewing before continuing. "I just talk to people and try and try and have a bit of fun." A playful smirk on his face, before trying to grab one of the sour patch kids and if successful tossing it up into the air to catch in his mouth.
Sora's mindset was pretty nonchalant about

"But I don't care how you talk, or if your like super polite. Just try and have fun. Kay?" He added supportively with a grin.

Last edited:
Just then, Mindy decided that she liked Sora. "Thanks." she muttered, popping two Sour Patch Kids into her mouth. "Sora?" she inquired, suddenly. "How long have you... worn roller skates everywhere?"

"Urm.. My parents got me my first pair when I was, four...?" Sora paused a moment looking to Mindy and shrugged, pulling his legs and by extension his yellow-white rollerblades in closer encase Mindy wanted to take a closer look at them. Though he doubted she knew much about skating- They looked solid, a bit on the bulkier and heavier side, more the type for doing tricks at skateparks, and.. Is that a bit of wire sticking out near one of the wheels?
"And it's not like I actually wear 'em everywhere, like I can't in school. -Kinda wish I could sometimes." The boy continued with his same playful grin, though he paused again at this point, hesitating for a moment. "...Bet you find this a bit weird huh? Everyone else does."
"But I just like the feeling of being on 'em, and of being able to do tricks and flips or just go like super fast anywhere I go, even if, you know -I can't actually do it like right now, in a place like this."

Last edited:
"What? Weird? That's not weird at all! It's actually cool. Everyone has an item they carry around everywhere. Or wear, such as necklaces, bracelets... I don't see how skates are any different." Mindy said, shrugging.

"Ehee, thanks!" Sora couldn't help but just smile and a laugh at that, he didn't know if Mindy was just saying that to be polite but it was better than getting teased or told off about it. "I could show you some of the tricks I can do on 'em later, if you want?"
"But does that mean you got a favorite thing like that you always carry around then?"

Mindy laughed nervously. "Eh, sure. And, actually," She pushed her glasses up on her nose. "I don't. Not something I've always carried, unless mine is my pocket thesaurus." She chortled, shaking her head. "It's silly, but, I guess I carry it everywhere. Guess my verbosity has always been my penchant..."

Sora listened curiously grabbing a soda from the snacks besides himself, and a second he just held out as a offer to Mindy.
"Hehe, is it really any different to these?" Raising a foot for a moment. "If you like long words and stuff, then it's cool!"

"...But if you do like it and all, could you do my english homework for me?"
He jokingly asked with a sheepish grin, it was by far his weakest subject in school.

Mindy exploded into laughter, accepting the soda. "Wouldn't that be nice?" Thinking for a moment, she said, "I could help you in English, and you could help me with science! Does this suffice?"

Sora laid back on the beanbag and opened his soda. "If you'd be okay with me helping you?" He questioned, wondering if this atleast middle-school girl would be okay with someone a few grades younger helping them. His babysitter certainly hated him being a 'know-it-all'.

She shrugged. "I don't care. It's better than where I am right now. And since you don't care that I use large words, I can bloviate as much as I want to."

Sora laughs nearly spilling his soda. "Not that I know what that word means!"
"Hey, what grade are you even in?"
The boy asked sitting up a on the beanbag, mentally trying to make a guess by comparing her height to his own, much shorter height.

"Fifth." He replied hoping she wouldn't be put off by the fact he's still technically in elementary school.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back