• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern You Can Run...(A Modern Gangster Rp) IC

Mentions: TheZuma TheZuma Bellz Bellz megmegmeg megmegmeg Misty Gray Misty Gray
Interactions:
Lacey Abbedelli, Everleigh Biancardi

Aquila nodded again as Lacey gave more advice. She knew the elder woman was probably right, and just sitting here by the bar was proof enough that the feelings of joy and freedom would only flourish if she were to cast aside the negative opinions of others. But she also couldn't entirely remove her own silly emotions that reacted to the insults and mockery of others. Being demeaned or looked down on was a pet peeve of hers, especially as the youngest in a large family like the Biancardi's. Regardless of this, she still put on a smile for Lacey, as she didn't want to seem ungrateful.

"Thanks again for the positivity! I know I can at least look to your opinion as valid, if nothing else." Before she could say anything more, the waiter came with their drinks. Tentatively picking up the wine glass, she brought the base up to her lips and took a hesitant sip. Instantly, her eyes widened and a bit more color flushed into her cheeks. The taste was extraordinary...divine even! With a citrus edge and familiar fruitiness provided by the grenadine, the alcohol was accentuated in a colorful manner that still provided a tiny sample of the raw headiness wine contained. The Shirley temple drink was sweet, while simultaneously mature and filled with the whisper of adulthood, which made it perfect for a young adult like Aquila.

"This...is...amazing!" she gasped, her blue eyes alight with wonder and ecstasy. "I can't believe I haven't tried it sooner!" her outburst made the waiter turn around slightly, and shake his head that someone would become so enamored over a mocktail. However, partly because of the alcohol and partly resulting from her giddiness, Aquila paid him no mind. She was happy enough simply to relish in the taste of virility the drink had administered.

Returning her attention to Lacey, Aquila noticed a slight change in demeanor as the elder lady discussed the idea of Aquila being her protege. Aquila didn't think about this shift too much, as her own personality tended to take drastic transitions depending on the situation. Instead her focus caught on Lacey's last statement, on how her father tried to shoot her in the house. "Oh dear, that seems a bit too severe." she said, giggling less at the thought of Lacey's father and more on the notion of Lacey putting on too much eyeliner. It was hard to imagine Lacey as anything else but elegant and dangerously beautiful, but she supposed everyone had to have a messy childhood phase. After all, Lucrezia was much the same way as a child, but had grown up to become a magnificent scarlet butterfly. Aquila was just waiting on her own beauty transformation.

"But anyways, I would love to train under you, Lacey." Aquila continued, with a minor serious note in her tone. "This night, just talking with you about makeup and insecurities...i think it's been more useful than even one class at the Bowdoin college." Sincerity and candid thoughts filled Aquila as she spoke, remembering the multiple classes she had attempted at the university. She had hoped that some life skill would be taught, and she could throw away the earnestness and vigor which others associated with childish ways. But the stiff-necked stodginess of professors and book-learning had only encouraged her return to the barre, as it was the only place she had felt herself. Even the loud college parties and impromptu dorm meetings with friends had not bestowed her with any sense of solace. But her conversation with Lacey tonight had felt different. Even though she usually enjoyed conversing with people, there was a realness between them that separated how Aquila felt talking with most others. It was like some aspect of her inner self was on the verge of being unlocked, and all she needed to do was push herself a little bit further, and it could be awakened.

However, before she could fully express these feelings, she saw her brother Everleigh approaching at a rapid pace. "Come on, mom wants us upstairs like yesterday." he said, grabbing her by the arm and yanking her forward before she could give any sort of protest. Turning to Lacey, Aquila gave a quick wave of farewell before responding to Everleigh.

"Why does Mom want us? What's going on?" she asked, feeling too lightheaded from the alcohol to fully establish what was happening. She saw several of her father's staff running around, obviously worried about something, but surely it couldn't be too serious. Her father had the best mafia in the city, and arguably the world...there was no way the police could be a worry, right?

Well, either way, he wasn't sparing any security. Everleigh led her up a narrow flight of stairs, almost tripping as the lights went out. Aquila frowned, becoming increasingly more concerned about the situation. Where was her father, anyway? Shouldn't he be with them as well? Usually he had enough faith in those working under him to handle a social media situation, and from the small brushes with the cops she'd witnessed, he'd tried to keep his face and public image away from the authorities as much as possible. This knowledge caused her to worry quite a bit, but hopefully whatever event was keeping her father wouldn't be too serious. And since her papa was intelligent and quick-witted, Aquila was certain he would have a plan even if the circumstances were grave.

Everleigh let her go once they reached the room, but she still remained close to him, unsure what else to do. She hadn't drunk too much alcohol, and her senses were already returning, but they brought an energetic buzz with their restoration. She uncomfortably laughed along with him, her gaze spinning back and forth as she looked between her brother, mother and sister who stood in the room as well. "Yeah, it certainly filled us with high spirits." Normally she would've sent out a chuckle with a pun that bad, but she was too tense to even notice her own joke.

code by: S n o w

Emmett De Luca Jr.
Mentions: None
Interactions: Antonio, Officer Morgan ( Bellz Bellz ), Everyone else in the room
Outfit:
x

Emmett talked to the officers for a moment, who didn't seem to pause with his concern for his apparent car. Instead, he followed them into the elevators and back up to the Biancardi's penthouse, all the while still rambling on about his car and how it was worth a lot of money and someone stole it. The detective-turned-undercover-mechanic immediately stopped talking when he felt the strong grip of Antonio's hand on his shoulder. The man was intimidating, even more so since Emmett had read his file before going undercover. Even though the file couldn't possibly have contained every crime Antonio ever committed, what it did containing was cruel and brutal.

Emmett narrowed his eyes in confusion at the notion of an anonymous tip. Even though they were undercover, he hoped no cop was stupid enough to tip of the local precinct. One mistake could get them all killed. Emmett followed the others into the room, noting the change in demeanor from them all. He leaned against the wall near the entrance, crossing his arms over his chest. "Well, if there's going to be interrogations, I'll go first. If you aren't going to do anything about my missing car, then I need to get out there and find it as soon as possible. Just dropped a new engine in that thing," Emmett said to Officer Morgan.

He followed the officer into an adjacent sitting room, closing the door behind them before sitting down on the couch facing the officer. "Honestly, this just seems like a big misunderstanding and a waste of time. You know, if this is the kind of things the police department pursues in this city, these 'anonymous tips,' then I'm not very happy with the way my tax dollars are being spent. It seems to me that you can't really be barging in here and disrupting a perfectly nice party, which was for a charity event by the way, without something more than an anonymous tip. Did you even check out the tip first, make sure it was viable before crashing in here like bulls in an absurdly expensive china shop? No, I'm assuming not, because you called it 'anonymous.' Do you even have a warrant? I should really be looking for my car right now," Emmett rambled slowly, not letting the other officers get a word in. Stall as long as possible, he kept telling himself.

codedbycrucialstar

Officer Luke Morgan

Officer Morgan ground his teeth in irritation at the man who had said that his car was stolen. That was definitely not why they were here and something about the whole situation the man had set up was suspicious to the older man. Running a hand through his grey hair, and stared at the young man as he stated that he would go first, wanting to get out of here quick to find the ‘missing’ car. Sighing heavily, the Officer turned to look around for a moment, his eyes searching for a specific place around them. When he spotted a door slightly open, the man smirked before nodding his head towards the door. ”This way.” He said, his voice deeper than his normal speaking voice. It was something that normally made the criminals nervous, it never failed.

There was something about this man though that was different. He was too…relaxed. Stepping into the the adjacent sitting room with his partner and Emmett, Officer Morgan was quick to make the room his own as he told Emmett to take a seat. His partner set up a recorder, as they were not in their usual interrogation room. Emmett was too chatty for the officer’s liking but there was nothing he could do as he huffed out a deep breath, trying his hardest not to lose his patience, it would do him no good to anger these people…as much as he wanted to.

The man’s words earned a sincere laugh from the officer as he continued to ramble. It was clear as day to him what the man was doing. He sat in the chair opposite of the man and leaned forward, clasping his hands together between his knees. When Emmett paused for only a second to take a breath, Officer Morgan found his opening, ”Now, Now!” He raised his voice slightly, holding up his hand to signal the man should stop talking. ”Let’s not make this anymore painful than it has to be shall we? You aren’t fooling anyone.” He raised his eyebrow at Emmett the smirk on his face growing wider.

”Let’s make it clear that I am the one who will be asking the questions here. Don’t worry about the warrant because bless your heart, we have one. Not that its any of your business.” Pausing, he moved to reach into his breast pocket, pulling out a pack of cigarettes before smacking the bottom against his thigh for a moment. Pulling out a cig, Officer Morgan placed it in his mouth before looking up to Emmett, silently he held out the open pack, offering him one if he wanted it, putting the pack on the table whether he took one or not.

”I’ll make this real quick for you if you cooperate, I understand how a stolen car can be, frustrating.” The cigarette bobbed up and down in his mouth as he spoke. Pausing once more, the officer pulled out the zippo and flipped it open with his thumb, lighting it in the same motion, he brought the light to his cig.

Sucking in a long inhale, the smoke filled his lungs and numbed his mouth and he enjoyed the pleasure the slight pleasure it gave him, despite being in the belly of the devil. ”Let’s make this simple to start, give me your full name, age and occupation.”
with: Emmett MadiRaiCat MadiRaiCat
mentions:

Sophia Montalto
Dressed up .jpg
Sophia narrowed her eyes at Zane as he didn’t answer her question, instead trying the handle first, as if that would have fucking worked, ”I just tried that.” She grumbled in irritation before he eventually nodded his head, ”Well, let’s see what you got tough guy.” She said, her tone condescending as she backed away quickly, her bare feet hitting the cold concrete with each reversed step causing her teeth to chatter slightly. There wasn’t heat in this part of the building? Once she was at a good distance, Zane began kicking his foot into the door, causing the woman to cover her ears slightly.

She watched as his legs worked at getting the door down, trying not to think about how impressive the whole view was. Definitely not going down that road. She thought to herself, cursing at herself for even entertaining it. Sophia continued to watch until the door was forced open before surging forward, her sarcastic laugh echoing in the room before her as Zane drily referred to her as royalty. ”Finally.” She said as she passed, ”I was wondering when you were going to notice my title above you.” The smirk on her face was evident. This time around, she had a very odd relationship with her second in command, and she wasn’t sure what to make of it. Something about him didn’t sit right with her at all.

The room was lit by what looked to be hospital lights, an eery florescent glow spread around the whole thing. That was the first thing to capture her attention, until her eyes cast towards the ground. Seeing the man on the floor, Sophia was quick to rush forward but the familiar physique caused her to slow in her tracks until she paused a few feet away. The last person she expected to be here was laying in his own blood on the floor, nails painted and clearly having been imprisoned for some time. ”Fuck.” She growled out before taking the few extra steps till she could crouch down beside him, touching his side gently to try and shake him awake. ”Officer Williams…Sam? Can you here me?” She asked, her voice softening ever so slightly as she was not confident in him waking up.

Turning her head towards Zane, she spoke, ”We have to get him out of here. He’s really hurt. I don’t know what he’s doing here but he could ruin this whole mission.”
with: Zane Misty Gray Misty Gray

Zane Williams

1551402693942-png.546746
Zane scoffed at Sophia's comment about him noticing her position above him. "Well, I figured I'd quash your insecurities about my presence in this operation," he drily remarked.

Inside the room, Zane looked around. The bright lights gave off a clinical vibe to the room and made it feel slightly unsettling. His attention was soon drawn to the man on the floor and he slowly walked towards the guy, watching Sophia rush over to attend to the apparent victim. Zane allowed his hand to hover over his holstered gun as he closely inspected their surroundings for anything suspicions or concerning. Once satisfied, he brought his attention to the familiar man who was laid out in a pool of his own blood. Zane crouched down alongside the man, briefly distracted by the curious sight of the cop's painted nails. He shook his head in disbelief before hearing Sophia address the imprisoned cop. He was shocked to realise it was Officer Williams and wondered how long the man had been locked down in the basement.

He looked to Sophia when she addressed him about getting Williams out of there. "Yeah, we need to get him out of here. I can support him, but you'll have to cover us..." he began, but fell silent as he thought over their mission and how it could be ruined. "Is he going to prove a problem for us? The department might want to know why we were both here and become a little too interested," he pointed out, awkwardly biting his bottom lip.

Bellz Bellz (Sophia)

Emmett De Luca Jr.
Mentions: None
Interactions: Officer Morgan ( Bellz Bellz ) and other officers
Outfit:
x

Emmett paused as the officer spoke up in his moment of silence, smirking on the inside. He could see he was getting under the officer's skin, and that was something that would definitely help his cause. Whether or not Officer Morgan actually knew what has was trying to do, Emmett didn't really care. As long as his ramblings and the other interviews took enough time to get the officer out of the basement, Emmett would suffer the consequences.

At the officer's words, Emmett held up both his hands in faux submission. "Alright, alright, I get it. Ask away Officer," he responded, ignoring the pack of cigarettes on the table. The last thing the undercover detective needed was the cops taking his DNA. Emmett watched as Officer Morgan lit a cigarette, the gesture nonchalant. But Emmett could still see the tenseness of the situation in his body language, only subsiding slightly after the first toke from the cigarette.

"Well, if you must know, the name is Emmett De Luca Junior, son and eternal disappointment of Emmett De Luca Senior. Well, at least that's what the old man calls me. I'm pretty sure you probably understand," Emmett replied, shrugging his shoulders at the Officer as he mocked his profession. In his mind, Emmett couldn't help but find his words ironic. "I'm like Jennifer Garner, 13 going on 30. Or just 30, I'm starting to get gray hairs. And I'm a private mechanic and chauffeur for the Biancardi's. My parents are so proud," he finished sarcastically, leaning back in his chair.

codedbycrucialstar

Antonio Biancardi
Suited up .jpg
Antonio was relieved when Emmett had so bravely volunteered for himself to go first, it would give the man the time he needed to hide the evidence. He knew the police were going to conjure up some sort of warrant to search the building, and the evidence they needed was in his bedside table upstairs. With his arms crossed, he looked over his employs and the police keeping a close eye on them. Soon, he looked to his watch and shook his head slightly. "This is fucking bullshit." He spoke up before turning to the nearest officer. "Am I allowed to take a business call? I was expecting to be able to be free to do so in my own home." He ground out to which the officer raised a brow. Figuring that there wasn't really any arrest at the moment, the officer then nodded his head towards the stairs, "Make it quick." He said in a deep voice, as if that would intimidate the Mafia Boss. It was laughable but Toni held a straight face as he walked towards the stairs leading to the his large apartment.

Once inside, he shut the door behind him and looked to his children and wife. "We need to get the evidence out of here." He said with urgency in his voice. Turning towards the stairs that lead up towards the bedrooms, he jogged quickly until he reached the pair of french doors at the end of the grand hallway. Opening them, he quickly headed over to his bedside table and opened the top drawers, expecting to see a leather wallet that held the officer's ID, credit cards and badge. Seeing that it wasn't sitting on top of the small shelve inside, his eyes widened and he quickly shuffled through the few items in a frantic search.

"FUCK FUCK!" He said in a loud hiss as he tore the drawer from its hinges and sent it crashing to the floor. There was no chance the police would hear from the third floor up, and even if they did, where was their warrant right now? Stuff scattered everywhere before he knew it wasn't there. He hadn't moved it. Where the fuck could it have gone? Quickly spinning around, he moved out of the room and down the hall. At the top of the stair case he said, "Honey? Did you touch the wallet in the top drawer?"
with: Claudia Misty Gray Misty Gray ; Aquila Taraninja16 Taraninja16 ; Everleigh TheZuma TheZuma

Marianna Rossi
Mentions: Officers in the room, Toni ( Bellz Bellz )
Interactions: Open
Outfit:
x

As Emmett disappeared into the interrogation room with the officers, Marianna felt a slight bit of relief. It meant there were fewer eyes scrutinizing her every move for signs of guilt. But that didn't mean Marianna could relax. She needed to stay on alert at all times just in case something went wrong. While the sadistic side of her would rather shoot all of the officers dead where they stood and secretly got rid of the bodies, Mari sat patiently and waited for Antonio to give orders. Who knows, maybe her snow white dress would look better with a spattering of crimson red.

Marianna put a bored look on her face and looked at her nails as a cover for her true motive. From the corner of her eye, she watched the body language and movement of the officers that remained in the room. They seemed tense, probably partially due to fear. But there was something else about the tone of their hushed voices and rigid stances that caught her attention. They seemed unsure, not in a worried way, but almost in a questioning way. Mari realized then that it had something to do with the validity of that so-called "tip" and the lack of information in their investigation. While the tip was correct, they didn't have much knowledge of the situation past that.

Mari let a small smirk play on her lips at the realization, knowing she needed to mention it to Antonio later. Her attention was drawn to said man by his sudden words to the officer, sounding a bit frustrated probably due to the situation at hand. When he mentioned taking a business call, Mari knew there was something incriminating he needed to take care of. She uncrossed and crossed her legs, positioning herself to have quick access to the firearm on her thigh if something were to happen, yet still hiding it beneath the sleek fabric of her dress. She couldn't wait for the night to be over and for the police officers to get out of the penthouse.

codedbycrucialstar

Claudia Biancardi

1553032121719.pngOnce back up at the floor of their home, Claudia sat down on the sofa and poured herself a glass on wine from the bottle that she'd brought with her from the bar. She then sat back and was about to remove her diamond earrings when she heard Antonio close the door upon his entry. Hearing him say they needed to get rid of the evidence caused her to stand back up in her high heels, having not yet got to kicking them off of her feet. She slowly and calmly walked to the bottom of the stairs, watching her husband rush up to the bedroom. Running her fingers through her loose, blonde hair, she took a deep breath as she acknowledged Antonio's rattled demeanour.

Claudia just about made out her husband's hiss of profanity which was followed by a crashing sound as the drawer fell on the floor above. Before she had chance to ascend the stairs, Antonio stepped in to view at the top "Darling, I haven't touched any wallet. I haven't even been in the top drawer," she called back up to him. The blonde then quickly walked upstairs to meet her husband, placing her hand on the centre of his back. "What have you lost? What's so urgent?" she calmly asked him.

Antonio Bellz Bellz Aquila Taraninja16 Taraninja16 Everleigh TheZuma TheZuma

Officer Luke Morgan
This man was cocky. Officer Morgan didn't like cocky. He crossed his arms as he watched Emmett from the opposite side of the table, wondering if he was going to answer what he asked. The officer smirked slightly as the man began with his name but added a bit of a life story to it. He tried not to roll his eyes as the man the went on to compare his life to Jennifer Garner in some sort of chick flick, pop culture bullshit to which the Officer didn't respond to. When Emmett finished, Officer Morgan nodded his head up and down slowly as he pushed up against the wall he had been leaning on. "Yes, I assume they would be." He commented with an equal amount of sarcasm.

This egg was going to be a hard one to crack, he just knew it. But if there was one thing that the Officer enjoyed more than pizza at his favorite spot on 5th avenue, it was a good challenge. He smirked again, before moving to sit down in his chair. A signal that the real questions were to begin and he was going to stop at the very beginning if he had to if he wanted the right answers. Looking to his partner, the man eyed him back and nodded. He would be the one to do the talking, which would throw off Emmett for sure.

"Now Mr. De Luca, tell us more about your duties with the Biancardi's." The other officer leaned forward with Officer Morgan stayed relaxed. "Being a chauffeur sounds like an interesting job in its own right. Do you drive Mr. Biancardi around often?"
with: Emmett MadiRaiCat MadiRaiCat

Users who are viewing this thread

Back