• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Yokai Vs Humans:Battle For Blood

Kenji Jensai

King of Procrastination

The Battle So Far....

Everyone's a Demon... Whether they know it or not
??

ukiyoe-skeleton.jpg

In ancient times, creatures known by the name of Yokai plagued humanity with fear and death until they were banished into another realm... a realm known as Borehl by an old blacksmith.The Yokai Vowed vengeance against the Human Race and Sweared to return.Now in present day Japan the Yokai have returned.Though the humans were not totally

defenseless, it turns out that the blacksmith was also a practitioner of the ancient methods of Yokai Hunting.

He taught others what he knew and his methods have spread all across Japan along with other techniques of battling the
blood thirsty Monsters.Now the War between Man and Demon Continues Which side will you choose?Will you be one of the Vengeance Craving Yokai or One of the Sinful Greedy Humans Which Ever you choose just remember there's a monster inside us all.

I

Last edited by a moderator:
~Kuro~

Kuro's sandaled feet landed silently on the roof of a tall "building" with the many lights. The first male human she encountered told her about them among other things before he died. This "building" was higher then even the castles of old.

And below! Below there were so many lights. It was almost like the day. They didn't wave and flicker like fire; just a constant light like the sun. And all the humans. There were so many more than before; dressed in so many different yet strange clothes. And the talked into weird blocks that they held to their ears. And those carriages that moved without horses!

There was so much information to be had, so much she didn't know. So much she needed[/] to know. She twirled on the roof top and laughed. Reveling in the noises and light. This world that had become so strange was unexpectedly positively delightful. These humans were smart, much smarter than their counterparts of old.

Kuro would enjoy the pleasures of this world very much. Too bad the humans wouldn't be able to enjoy it for much longer.

For one more minute she let the wind caress her; for one more minute she took in the sight of the
life below. She let herself grin and her teeth sharpen. Excitement pulsed through her as she thought of all the possibilities. She was hungry. Not for food or any other baser need; no for something she had went far too long without. Buuuut she would get to play with them later. Right now, right now she had a job to do. And with that she disappeared off the roof.

Tora

Tora's claws dug into the side of the building he was on.He sat there and waited for Kuro to stop enjoying herself to much.He looked at the side and looked down to see a bunch of strange creatures that shot out light.He licked his lips as he stared down at the humans beneath him.'Puny humans' he thought they look so much more different than they had when he last saw them.Though one thing had not changed the delicious smell that they gave off."Hey Kuro hurry up i'm dieing to know how tasty these humans are compared to the old ones"he said with a excited look on his face.He then started towards her to see that she wouldn't get distracted and forget that soon the human race would be no more.

~Kuro~

Just when she was about to leave it had to show up. Kuro's delight cooled down substantially when Tora joined her. She didn't curl her lip at him - which he should be grateful that she was showing him any type of favor - but she gave him a cold look. "Tora your company is always a pleasure." She mocked. Then she cocked her head and grinned slyly. "Actually your just the one I was looking for. How about a little wager?" A mischievous spark in her crystal blue eyes.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

~Tora~

Tora wasn't one to back down from a challenge so he replied by saying"Sure whats this challenge you speak of"he said unveiling his fangs as electricity coursed down his back."I'll destroy anyone gets in my way he said"as he crouched and prepared to attack Kuro.'I won't allow you to beat me' he thought to himself.He waited as the wind blew past him ruffling his fur."Well get on with it I haven't got all day"! he yelled at her.

~Kuro~

Kuro laughed musically. "Oh I am not looking for a fight." She pointed down below to the bustling activity of the "city"? Yes, city was the right word.

"The wager is who can kill the most humans before the sun rises." She had the most delicious idea and hoped that Tora could follow the play she was giving him. This could end up being very beneficial to their cause if her inkling was right.

Masamune appeared within several feet from Tora and a Kitsune and regarded them both with stoic expressions. He was in his human form.....though his 9 black tails danced with the wind. A game of murder? Senseless killing was well....senseless. It served no purpose. Masamune disliked humans yes..but killing them so ruthlessly....Masamune wasn't sure he understood this sort of thing. Then, Masamune disliked most other Yokai as well anyways. Still....the Kitsune interested him, though only for a brief moment. He hadn't seen another Kitsune in several centuries. Hundreds of years, he thought he was one of the last Kitsune.

It didn't matter however. Tora however...he'd heard of "The Great Tiger" a few times.

The Kitsune however...

"You there...what is your name?" Masamune asked the other female Kitsune.

"Oh and Tora....try not to make too much of a mess. The Hunters might be around....would be a shame if you were killed so soon you know?" Masamune mentioned even though he wasn't too concerned.

The Shadow Fox Of The East had no surviving friends but many breathing enemies. Human and Yokai both.

~Taro~

"So its the nine-tailed bastard huh well I won't tear you to pieces just yet and don't you worry the hunters don't even know were here yet" he said with a disappointed look on his face.He then nodded torwards Kuro "Your on he said then looked at Masamune and said "Are you going to interfere as I pave the streets red with blood"? Taro said honestly curious.

~Kuro~

It took a great effort for Kuro not to startle at the appearance of the unknown Kitsune. It had been awhile since she had seen one. Like her siblings, Kitsune's were fun to hunt for some, their pelts used as accessories and trophys. And the experiences she had with Kitsune's in Borehl never went well - for the other Kitsune.

But this one was a ninetailed.

She didn't need to even count his black tails; the power he emanated was good enough. Still she held the panic in and her flight reflex to give the unknown Kitsune a relaxed bow, mindful to showcase her "assests".

"I am called Kurokougou, though 'Kuro' is the more known name."

Masamune frowned.

"Tear me to pieces Tora? You're not intelligent enough to succeed at that. Imbeciles don't battle those with actual brains. They obey them" Masamune said in a insult towards Tora.

"But anyways, I don't feel like fighting at the moment. I'm sure the human hunters will give you all of the fight you want and then some. I'd rather scout the land and look for places that have weaknesses that can be assaulted easily. Also places that can be defended easily in case things go badly for our kind in the fighting to come. Several alternative plans as well. I'm not a general of any sort, but I'm sure someone will want to lead...and I can help them. Leading is too time-consuming for me anymore. Attacking senselessly is just a way to be killed quickly. Planning is necessary to survive".

Then he noticed the other Kitsune spoke.

"Kurokougou? Or Kuro....never heard of you. Not surprised though. Most don't know me either. Most other Kitsune also want to kill me however. Exile tends to have that effect on me" Masamune said as he noticed the slight action of Kuro's which was meant to be a small taste of seduction.

She was pretty. Yet so were many other's. Beauty was pointless if that's all a creature had.

"No Tora, I won't interfere. I'm waiting for the first phase to begin. You and Kuro's little game is only one part of that phase. I'll just watch from here on" Masamune responded.

~Tora~

"Well you hear that Koro he says he won't interfere"Tora says excited but he looks into Kuro's eyes and sees 'what is that 'he thinks to himself 'passion'?

"Oh spare me you to are acting like foxes in heat I knew I should have just came alone and slaughtered everything before me" he said with roaring anger.He then hopped down on top of the nearest human tearing them in half.He then proceeded to grab the nearest human and fry their brains with electricity before taking a bite out of the humans arm."Delicious oh how I have missed this texture and don't get me stared on this exotic flavor"he said devouring humans left and right not caring about the screams going on around him.

~Kuro~

High handed, pompous pup

She longed to say that out loud but the power pressing against her was a healthy reminder to keep her mouth in check. She was just a bit disappointed that he wasn't phased at all by her beauty. Maybe his . . . tastes lay on the other side of the lake? She would love to test it out but ninetails was a no. A pity.

Of course Tora being Tora just had to go and be loud with his behavior. Kuro bowed respectfully to the unnamed Kitsune before descending to the street behind Tora. Of course she glamored herself to be invisible to all but Youkai.

"If you would have waited one more second I would of said, 'kill the most humans descreetly."

Minako had pressed herself into a dark corner. She kept herself as transparent as possible, but was much too tense to keep her energy in control. There were so many people... SO MANY people... The poor girl never knew that one could be claustrophobic in large groups of people. She closed her eyes and took some deep breaths. How on earth could she possibly explore when she stood out like a single flower in a field? At this association, Minako shook her head, feeling a bit silly. It was much too poetic for this situation.

Just as she was about to metaphorically kick herself in the butt and leave her safe corner, something rather large seemed to fall from the sky. Back into the corner. It took the yuki-onna a moment to realize that it was actually another yokai and not some weird new animal. Everything was totally different and futuristic, so who could know? As she began to feel curious, it acted in such a way that, if it were possible, Minako's face would have paled even more than it normally was. Not only was this creature destroying these defenseless humans, but it was eating them! 'Vile' was a good word for it, she thought.

If Minako had a physical stomach, she would have thrown up. Instead she just curled up into a ball on the ground and tried to collect her thoughts.

~Tora~

Tora immediately sensed the presence of another yokai.He turned to see a very pale young women."Want some" he said while holding out a bloodied human hand.

~Kuro~

Kuro let a disgusted noise at Tora's behavior. Of course he could never possess any type of decorum while eating. She noted the Snow Woman's prescence and almost sneered at her cowardice. It was just a few dead humans but hen again Taro could make anyone sick. She glided over to the woman and gave her a lazy smile. "What pray tell are you hiding over here for? Is it Taro's disgusting behavior?" She giggled. "Do not worry you are not the only one." Casting the culprit a disdainful look.

~Tora~

"Hey now I can't help it"he said taking a bite out a foot."Their just to freaking delicious, you understand right"? he said pointing to the pale yokai. His face then twisted into a frown he then growled "Don't tell me you feel sorry for these humans they aren't defenseless" he said remembering the old blacksmith."So why do you suppress your demonic presence" he said with a bothered look."If I hadn't been close by I wouldn't have never sensed you"? he said waiting for a reply.

"I wouldn't be so rude as to call it 'disgusting'..." the nervous yokai said, remembering to be polite. "I just find it rather... unappetizing?" She couldn't find any other way to describe it without sounding proud or rude. There was one good thing about being dead, and that was the absence of the physical symptoms of anxiety.

"I am not suppressing anything," the woman replied with a minor lie, slowly rising out of her crouch. She thought it best not to show how much she cared for humans. She let herself materialize more, now that there weren't so many people around. There was obviously no point in trying not to scare them anymore. "And what sort of defense could they possibly have against somebody like you?" she asked, her tone showing that she was a tad offended. How dare he try to justify his actions!

~Kuro~

Kuro laughed, it was a musical sound. "Oh sweetie no need to worry about his feelings, sometimes the truth is the most important thing to say." This girl was just darling.

Kuro trailed a finger up her neck and under her neck to lift it up. "Feeling sorry about the humans are you? How . . . sweet." She said it seductively, musing over the woman's defense of those things. We have a sympathizer right here. Hmmm, that could be useful.

Minako's face, which was usually a very pale blue, turned to a light shade of pink. "I do not feel sorry for anybody!" she stuttered in defense. She awkwardly hesitated before moving away along the wall, away from the pretty fox, but not too close to the creature, who Minako remembered was named Taro. She considered fleeing, but wasn't sure how the other two would react. She certainly wasn't a coward! At least, she didn't think she was. It would have been perfectly logical!

"You haven't answered my question..." she reminded the two, staring at the ground in an attempt to distract the warmth spreading in her cheeks.

"So this is the city" Cale said softly as he walked along the sidewalk. He got his fair share of strange looks, though he wasn't particularly unattractive or attractive. It was mainly due to the clothing he was wearing, accompanied by the staff resting on his back. The circlet on his head made him seem like some ancient prince, though the clothes were more like that of a monk. By the way he was gawking at the tall buildings, it was obvious that he was new to the city.

He was here for a reason, to learn more about the world. There was only so much you could learn living with monks in the mountains, and out in the real world, he would learn more about the other side of society, about the Yokai that existed. Very few of them would venture near a monastery, and those that did weren't very strong to begin with. He sighed as he looked at the piece of paper that was in his hands. The monks had many friends and one had promised him housing. The only problem was that Cale wasn't sure where to go.

"You look troubled. Lost are we?" a young man from an alleyway said "Need some help?"

Cale smiled, completely innocent how the world worked "Thank you, yes, I was having some trouble getting to this location"

"Come on down here, my friends and I will help you out"

Again, the young man smiled and followed the rough looking man into the alleyway. He was really happy to have found such a nice person to help him out. However, this turned out not to be the case. When they were in the alleyway, the man and his friends surrounded him, each pulling out some sort of weapon.

"Now listen here, if you don't want to be hurt, you'll hand over that nice staff and that golden headband" the man from before said.

For a second, Cale didn't know what was going on, then he slapped his fist into his open palm "Oh, I know what this is" he said "This is a robbery, you guys are bandits" of course, bandits didn't actually go by that name this day and age, however, Cale had learned that word from a book he'd read.

He nodded "Alright" he said and pulled his staff from his back. Then he set it down on the ground "If you can pick the staff up, I'll happily let you have it" his eyes flashed with a mischievous light "As for this" he tapped the circlet on his head "I can't take it off" to show off, he tugged at it. Strangely, it seemed to pull at his skin.

"Guess we'll just have to rip it off" one man said as he leaned down to pick up the staff "What the...?" the man found the staff difficult to pick up. In fact, it wouldn't even budge.

Of course it wouldn't. Cale was the only one who could lift the staff and he knew it. Of course, he enjoyed messing with people, it was funny to see the men turn red as they strained the lift the staff.

After some time, he sighed "Well, as funny as this is, I am on a schedule" he said "It is unfortunate that you couldn't help me" he stuck his foot under the staff. As soon as his foot touched it, it shot into the air from the force of the man trying to pick it up. With a quick kick to the man's face, he sent him careening into his friends.

With one hand, he caught the staff 'Right, these guys are human, not Yokai, I should hold back my strength a bit' he thought as he spun the staff in his hand as he lazily watched the men get up. With a flash, he stepped forward with unreal speed and promptly began to deal with them in a timely manner, all the while, he idly thought 'I hope the Yokai in this city are stronger than these guys'

~Kuro~

Ignoring her question she thought, Inocence is so precious. Kuro sighed inwardly before flowing over to the woman to invade her space again this time with a loose back hug. "No need to be shy, we're all here for the same reason right?"

Before giving her the time to answer she looked at Tora. "Now look at what you've done." She motioned with her hand to their surroundings. "All the humans are gone." In the distance a sound that scraped her ears were getting closer. She thinks that it's a "siren," a sound that meant the human protectors would be coming soon.

"Now follow me, and I'll show you how to win a wager with subtlety."

~Tora~

Tora leaned his great head back roared a great laugh as he hid his presence from the humans who appeared out of the belly of 2 horseless carriages with the word:POLICE:on it."Have you already forgotten about that accursed blacksmith who sealed us away all those years ago"he said."I hate humans even when I was one of them I hated ... What's that presence it's Yokai and yet human at the same time" he said with a puzzeled expression.He then hurried off forward the presence not caring that he was alone.

~Kuro~

"So like stray dog, running off when he smells something interesting." What was she expecting? Maybe she needed a bone to lead him to where she wanted to go. Either way she wouldn't chase that mongrel.

She focused all of her attention on the woman. "What's your name sweetie?" at least she was still around to be used.

The ice-woman shuddered when Tora laughed. She decided that he was too loud as well as too violent. The odd transportation-box-things made her nervous as well. The flashing lights were intimidating and showed that these people were very important, thought she had no idea why.

"My name is Minako Yamamoto," she answered with a quick bow. "And your name, miss?" Minako's first impression was probably not the most spectacular and she hoped that a proper introduction would be able to somewhat fix that. She had a feeling that Taro wouldn't really remember her, however. He seemed to be... preoccupied with other important matters. Hopefully that didn't involve the massacring of these already frightened people.

She watched as the important humans filed out of their 'police' vehicles, holding some bizarre, yet menacing, looking device out in front of them, as if it could protect them somehow. In her own defense, she became a bit more translucent, though not a complete mist as that would be rude to the pretty fox lady.

~Kuro~

Since she was still glamoured from human eyes, Kuro ignored the human protectors with strange contraptions in their hands; later she would investigate them. She had other things on her mind.

She pointed to herself with a smile. "I'm Kuro; let's be friends." She looked off into the distance. She had an idea but wasn't sure it would work. "Wanna go have some fun?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back