• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Yalandor: Project “Withstand”

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Well it seemed that this Leviathan wasn’t going to be much of a cooperative sort in the squad, that could prove troublesome for the future, he’d have to talk to Command upon returning about that one. Just after Leviathan had spoken he began to simply walk past and away from the area, mumbling something about Nanomachines to him… Just what kind of Android was this guy? Enforcer’s eyes followed him all the way as he left the room, before long he was left alone and glanced around the room. Enforcer has seen some things during his “day-job”, he’d often been the cause of such things but this. This was quite a different thing, it almost made his servos lock up. “Not even a twisted Daemon deserved this.” Taking one last glance around the room he shook his head and began to head back down to meet up with the rest of the group, and as he neared the entrance he was happy to see Seeker, without Leviathan anywhere in visuals.
Enforcer gave a soft nod to Simon, tapping his left ear-node to remove his mask as his voice once more sounded normal as it was no longer covered by the protective mask.
“Yep. His designation is apparently Leviathan, droid sure knows how to tear apart a fort I’ll tear ya that much. Even I couldn’t leave a guy like that.” He motioned to the man stuck in the wall for a moment before chuckling. “But I’m a professional, I got standards and a reputation to uphold. At least my targets know the best thing to happen to them is a quick death, and the worst is my interrogation. But this guy, he sure upholds the power his name carries.” He then looked around and motioned to the doorway, and tapped Seeker. “Here, let’s step outside to wait for everyone else, I’d like to keep my clothes clean for now. Plus, I wanna save the shock factor for a bit for the others.”

L Libero CkSmalling CkSmalling Enum Enum Worthlessplebian Worthlessplebian Simple_Traveler Simple_Traveler

0 stepping out from the complex."We are Androids, Enforcer, there is no shock factor." A chilling reply but to 0 this is the reality of the situation. He leaned back against the wall near the busted down door frame, his short vibro blade, dangling off his hip, was dripping blood on the floor. 0 suddenly looked up and his eyes flashed the familiar crimson color."The drone I sent in earlier has reported findings. A single laptop with a USB stick, it was in the process of erasure but the drone halted the process before it could completely finish." Just as 0 was about to continue his sentence, the first drone appeared out of the building with the laptop in its' bloody appendage."Encrypted emails, files, the drone has decrypted one file so far, it could be faster but the risk of a burner line was substantial." 0 took the laptop and the USB from the drone, the latter of which was tucked nicely into the drone's interior."A burner line is a line of code that can be attached to an encrypted file, if failure to properly decrypt is detected then the burner line activates and cleanses the file or it could cleanse the entire drive if the owner wished."

"In any case, I've started writing my report on this operation." While writing letters, messages and reports in his head is quick and efficient, 0 preferred his mechanical fingers to tap away on a keyboard, even grabbing a copper-ink pen to scribble on a piece of paper was more acceptable to him but this was mission-related so the most efficient route was to be taken.

"Estimated completion rate of stealth operation 70% without reconnaissance, recon increases the completion rate to 91% A failure rate of 9% is almost acceptable." While Daniel is on the field, in order to keep with efficiency he likes to grade himself on both executed and hypothetical actions.

After Robert got a positive response from the boss, he took out his Prototype MK II assault rifle and began to inspect it. This weapon was just handed over to him by the R&D department for field test so as they can figure out any bugs in the system or need for upgrades. He ejected the magazine and took a close look at it. Standard 30 rounds. Anything more than that will just weigh the weapon down, further decreasing its accuracy. The body was made up of a super alloy, one he was not told, industry secrets he presumed, which made it lighter than conventional weapons.

Suddenly, he train of thought was rudely interrupted. Apparently, the area they were about to ambush was already ambushed and there are casualties on our side and the enemies side. "Damn." He managed to let out with a hint of disappointment and anger. "Looks like the field test will have to wait." He placed his weapon on his back and walked with the rest of the group towards the location.

It didn't take even 5 minutes. The place was a horror show, the man firmly planted in the concrete wall was the main attraction. There was no need of drawing his weapon, even breath for that matter. He just walked around and seeing the carnage with his own hands, recording it to secondary storage for analysis at his own time. He squatted and picked up one of the weapons and closely studied it. He was tempted to carry it to his workshop and inspect it but there was no need to step the toes of command. He placed it down and headed outside, where the rest of the crew were.

"Well i guess that's one way of taking out an enemy base. The weapons here should at least give us an idea of who we are dealing with but the lose of at least even one single body is not good. When will I get access of some of the weapons Captain?"

Fisheyes arrived at the scene and let out a sigh. His eyes were filled with the sight of lifeless bodies. He squatted down beside a victim's body and said quietly, 'It was unlucky that you had to meet our new member like this", while poking their body and ended with another sigh. Fisheyes stood back up and wondered how someone was able to do this by themselves. Ah well, what's done is done. Realizing that he never got to check out their new members damages, Fisheyes thought to himself, "Whatever, I'll let the other medic handle it". Speaking of medic, Fisheyes was about to head on to another section of the scene in hopes of finding something but the sound of the words USB and laptop caused him to spin around and stop. Curious, Fisheyes approached 0 and said to him, "Hey, hey, give me a chance to look at that USB later will ya? I've been wanting to see what our enemies are hiding and how they keep it hidden", while putting his hands together and giving a mischievous smile. With that, Fisheyes got a rush of excitement that he's rarely felt before. He hasn't been able to crack, hack or steal anything at all lately which made him thirst for the USB.

0's body was stiff and solid like a concrete wall but then springing to life once Fisheyes talked to him. He was still writing his report when he was approached. Looking at his peer with his expressionless, red orbs."No need." 0 tapped the side of his head once again and from the belt, a drone was released. 0 grabbed the mysterious USB then presented it towards the drone, the drone took it into itself after which it returned the USB to 0."Drone, Identification: One-Nine-Zulu-Alpha-Sierra-Madre-Zero-Seven." The drone replied with three beeps."Designate new operator. Codename: Fisheyes." The drone's signature red color turned into a pleasing jade green color.

0 then unfolded his arms and began his explanation."I had the drone copy the contents of the USB and store them within itself, it is now under your command. The drone can respond to voice inputs or if you can, link it up with your cerebral network that should increase cooperative efficiency by 40% and remove the inefficient voice inputs.The drone if you are unaware has an appendage which can be used to manipulate the environment, it can also use that appendage to heal via secretion of nano-repair paste, excellent at treating small-scale damages but loses effectiveness when the damage scales up."While explaining the functionality of the drone, 0 began to clean his blood-stained back up knife."The other function is related to hacking in that it can connect to various ports by opening up the tip of the appendage. The drone has an internal system diagnostic, good against most viruses, it also has hacking protocols. Any questions?" With blade clean and explanation finished, he sheathes his knife and crosses his arms again.

L Libero

Elias looked around at the gathered group, seemed they all had the chance to take in the damage done and Unit-0 did have a point, they were Androids. There should have been no shock factor, but to Elias some of them took better to their covert-programming protocols to blend in with the rest of society. Even then this sort of stuff was just a bit of a show, Leviathan must be one hell of an upgrade from any member of the group, hopefully he’d get a briefing about this new member when they got back to base. But for now he has to give out orders and it seemed everyone was here. Time to catch everyone up. “Alright seeing that we’re all gathered now, what you see around you is the work of our support for the mission. An Android code-named Leviathan, as far as we have seen there are no survivors due to his assault. So while the Corporations objective for this mission has been completed we could not achieve capturing one of them alive. But with Unit-0’s finding of the laptop and USB we can possibly negate the need for a living person to interrogate. But we have no clue what is yet on either of those in the entirety.” With those details out of the way he began to turn towards Robert. “To answer that, once we finish up here you can grab a couple and we can return to base to look over them at the labs in King’s Command, or if Command approves it after a debrief you can take them wherever you please to look them over much like your own workshop. But I expect to be notified of your findings so we can follow up appropriately.” Now he turned to looked towards the building and crossed his arms, they still had something to try and find here, during all that combat, which seemed to last just under a few minutes, he didn’t see anything that gave a hint as to what happened with the worker drones. He at least needed that for his report, and it was better safe than sorry to ensure there would be no rogue drones running about.
“Alright, we have one last thing to finish before we leave this site. We still haven’t found any of the missing worker drones, and while they could have been disassembled or relocated to another site I’d prefer we do a thorough sweep to ensure we aren’t leaving anything unpleasant behind for the clean-up crews to find or for anyone else. Unit-0 and Fisheyes, I’d you so wish you can remain here and investigate the laptop and USB to see if you can uncover more before we leave, or you can assist in the search with me, JKR, and Seeker. On that note, I’m heading in, stay on comms and notify me of anything you find.” Enforcer began to walk back into the building, tapping his left ear node again as his mask returned, he wasn’t sure what they’d find of the worker drones but for all he knew, they could be active and hostile.

L Libero Simple_Traveler Simple_Traveler CkSmalling CkSmalling Worthlessplebian Worthlessplebian

Robert listened to the briefing and just had to look at the Leviathan once more. If just one android can do this much damage within a short amount of time then the outcome when a whole fleet of them are deployed would be catastrophic. On the outside, he looked like a normal human android. Pretty sure he is misssing some logical heretics code inside. A machine built solely for destruction.

"If we are to bring the Leviathan again in a mission that requires an active member of the resistance, I highly suggest we bench him. Cause if we continue to kill everybody with no survivors, it will make our mission much harder and would take much longer to complete. But, if we are sent to a mission where we are to eliminate all hostiles, we can send him there alone. Pretty sure no one doubts his efficiency after.." he looks behind at the carnage "...that" Then he started to speak in low tones, "I would love to examine his weapon though"

He took out his tactical shotgun and equipped it. Since it was small spaces, a gun with high damage at small areas is the most efficient weapon to use. As the Captain moved into his house, he followed closely. " When I get any information about the weapons, I will relay my findings immediately"

Dr.Nekoshu Dr.Nekoshu

Fisheyes' face lit up with excitement when he was given control of one of Unit 0's drones "Well...this is new. I never thought I'd be able to control a drone" said Fisheyes while poking the drone in the air. He thoroughly listened to Unit 0's instructions on how to control the drone. "Nope, I've got the gist of it. I'm sure I'll fully understand once I play around with it", replied Fisheyes when 0 asked if he had any questions.

Without a moment's notice, Fisheyes sat down cross legged and opened his laptop. He was already in the process of transferring the USB data on the drone to his laptop. Fisheyes was immersed in his own little world. After a few seconds, all the contents were fully transferred and ready to look at. There were many files all labeled various titles. Most of them were useless but some caught his eyes. In the midst of browsing through the folders, one particular file was corrupted, leaving Fisheyes unable to take a peak inside its contents. "Gahh, I can't recover this file, I'm going to have to put this on hold", said Fisheyes in a frustrated tone while scratching his head. Hearing Enforcer asking if he'd rather stay and examine the USB or join them in their search, Fisheyes simply waved his hands signaling for them to go on their search already. Fisheyes had no interest in joining them and would much rather stay and examine the USB's contents.

0 without answering simply followed into the building. 0 gripped his SMG with two hands and bent his back slightly forwards in order to reduce his surface area. His voice lowered in tone."Deploying drones." The drones hummed to life as they detached from 0's belt. Like before they dimmed their lights, reduced their noise output and skirted off to find anything of value."It was clear Leviathan used structural plans pulled from the city's network but I asked myself... What if those plans are outdated? The possibility of a newly constructed lower level akin to a basement is probable." 0 told his fellow androids."To save us time of having to check the floor for hatches or hidden switches, I purpose the drones send out sonic pulses then listen to the returning pulse." The Hacker stopped at a deceased Resistance soldier, looting his corpse for explosive ammunition."The pulses will be in the ultrasound as to make scanning easier and unless specialized equipment or augmentation is present, the hiding resistance members won't be alerted to our presence." 0 while knelling next to the looted corpse, looked at Enforcer as he made his suggestion.

Dr.Nekoshu Dr.Nekoshu

Robert had some good points about Leviathan, but as it was for the time being Leviathan was still a new member and an efficient one and didn’t seem to take well to Elias’ Command. So it wouldn’t surprise him if the corporation wouldn’t give him any say in that Android’s deployment. “Good points J, but I do not know if I’ll have any say whether he’ll accompany us on any operations given how he reacted to me earlier. He may purely be a corporation asset and while I have some sway, much of it is still viewed by the board and command before it goes anywhere. I can’t say anything about his gun though, they may offer schematics if you ask nicely back at Command.” Elias gave pause as he looked around at the hallways through the various parts of the old barracks. “I would very much hope so, there are a few players that could be on the board that the Corporations haven’t considered as noteworthy, but when you work with the lowlifes I do… You start to see how it’s all connected and how the smallest fish could just as well make a big splash.” With that he turned his head as a drone flew past and began it’s sweep.
Turning now to Daniel, Elias nodded approvingly and looked back around the building.
“You could be very right, he seemed to know his way around rather efficiently. Though I will say, I doubt there’s anything else living in this area, aside from the drones and us if either count in your processes. But that idea is good, it’ll cut down our search time as I didn’t glimpse anything on my way through here earlier, other than parts, sleeping arrangements, and some weaponry.” With that he began to take one of his primary pistols out of its holster and hold it at his side. “Stay open on radios in case your drones find anything, these are worker drones we’re looking for after all. You can’t just hide those things in plain sight without them getting spotted.”
With that Elias began to move down the main hallway towards the apparent sleeping quarters. “I’ll search through the quarters, they might have something hidden over here. Everyone else spread out and get looking, if you spot anything of interest you can carry, note it over comms and pick it up, anything else that might hint as to the location of our missing drones you give a warning before any engagement. These Resistance members were better armed than I first thought, it wouldn’t surprise me if they jury-rigged one of the drones with their weaponry.” And so the search began as they started to split up, the building was a good size capable of matching a few of the nightclubs from around the city, and given how big Yalandor was even back in the older days. It was no surprise they would have kept a large military in a place such as this.

Worthlessplebian Worthlessplebian L Libero Simple_Traveler Simple_Traveler CkSmalling CkSmalling

Robert listened to the Boss as he thought of what he was just told. But there was just something off about the leviathan and this made the LED on his head glow a bit brighter. And the fact that Leviathan didn't really acknowledge Enforcer as the Unit Command Leader was also unsettling. But that was way beyond his pay-grade. Maybe he was overthinking it a bit but decided to shelve it, at least for now.

"But still, something is a bit off with him. Maybe a one on one may clear something but judging by the way he was talking, very unlikely. Its like the Cooperation is hiding something." He said to himself in low tones, doubting anyone will hear him.

"Hhmmpf. Command are a bunch of selfish bastards when it comes to tech but I may have to persuade them with some bullshit about potential upgrades and what not." Robert said loud as they entered the building. "Still think they won't budge, may have to smooth talk the android himself."

Robert heard the orders and continued on-wards. "I'll be looking for an armory, n matter how temporary for stockpile of weapons and armor. And in case someone finds some weapons, please keep them safe for me so that I can investigate them further."

Dr.Nekoshu Dr.Nekoshu

Seeker had been quiet while everyone talked, focusing his senses to detect anything magical in the area. If the Resistance got their hands anything arcane it would be best to alert the others. It would be...unfortunate if any of his siblings stumbled across anything that could vaporize them into atoms or teleported them into a pocket dimension. Thankfully his scan came back clean. Excellent. Oh, and Enforcer wants them to split up and search the compound. Not as Excellent. Turning back to the building sporting brand new bullet holes Seeker could feel his lips curl in distaste at the thought of wading through corpses. Oh well, orders were orders. And the sooner they found those drones the sooner he could go back to doing more pleasant things. Like deciphering ancient runes, or figuring out how some newly discovered arcane artifacts work.
With that, Seeker strode into the facility.
"I'm going to do a broad search of first floor. I did a scan of the area and detected nothing magic in origin within the facility but do be careful as there is a tiny chance I may have missed something. If any of you find something strange, possibly glowing sinisterly, please bring it to me. Wouldn't want anyone to get flash frozen or exploded into small, metal widgets," Seeker explained casually, like how one might speak about one's day to a work colleague.

“Understood, if you do find an Armory you know what to do already. If they don’t give you access to the weapons back at Command I’ll do my best to pull a string or two, any lead we can find will be useful and if we find it before any of the lab techs or engineers get clearance to dissect the weapons we’ll have answers and results to act on far quicker. Which means we can put this Resistance to an end quicker.” He spoke softly over comms, though the communicator picked up every word he spoke with perfect clarity, being part of a large company had its perks and gettin armor with a built in Communicator was nice. As he neared the entrance to the quarters he paused and stared at the doorway as a thought ran itself through his processors, what would happen to all of them once the Resistance was put down? Elias knew that Robert had a contract to fulfill, so that would mean he’d still have a service to fulfill for the company. He’d have a purpose but what about the rest? They were all Corporation property for the foreseeable future, would they have new roles after it was all done? He shook his head in a way he had seen some of the lab techs do when they lost their train of thought, seemed like a sort of small procedure used to jostle everything back into place. At least it worked.
With that out of the way he walked into the makeshift quarters for the barracks, old mattresses were strewn about on the floor, in most cases his first thought would have been that they’d taken to the place much like squatters but that was not the case as he looked at the bodies strewn about and riddled with holes and the blooding coating … Surprisingly next to nothing. No matter how brutal Leviathan’s first impression was on the team it was quickly obvious how efficient he was. The blood splatter was the worst near the bodies and even then several were still in their beds, it looked like he had managed to keep several from ever waking up before the fight truly began in here, how they didn’t hear Leviathan making his entrance was beyond Elias. With initial observations out of the way he began to walk down the center of the barracks, it seemed more and more like the fight entirely missed this section of the building and the more military this place appeared. Rucksacks beside beds or on them, makeshift containers acting as desks or storage for clothing and useful items, more and more this Resistance seemed less like a rabble and more refined than information said.
Before long he reached the end of the quarters, a stone wall between him and what he assumed was the outside of the building or another room. Here on the far end of the barracks there seemed to be a few mattresses that were given actual frames to rest upon, perhaps reserved for injured members or merely here as what had been brought. But something seemed off about it all, he stared at the wall before him it was almost indistinguishable from the others around it, cracks in the bricks, Moss here and there… Then it happened, for a split second he swore he saw the wall, flicker. Stepping up to it he reached out gently and pressed his fingers to it, it felt cold to his synthetic skin, but not cold in the way stone should feel but an electronic cold. He stared at his hand as he pressed harder and began to see the wall around his hand distort ever so slightly in an almost static way, taking a step back he realized what this was and got over comms.
“This is Enforcer, I’m still in the quarters but I’ve got something here. It looks like one of those physical projections… Hardlight I think it’s called. A fake wall on the far end of their barracks, or infirmary, whatever this part is.” He paused and glanced around, he didn’t see any visible light heading towards it from his side, nor a key-pad or anything to disable it within sight. “I’m not seeing a projector or anything on my side to deactivate this thing and I’m not exactly wanting to shoot at it in case something is behind there I don’t want setting off. 0, could you come take a look at it or maybe send one of your drones over…” Elias began to trail off and his hand slowly began to drop from his mask as a somewhat familiar noise began to come through hardlight wall before him, it almost sounded like…

In the next second all he saw was the hardlight wall beginning to fade as the mech burst through it and came towards him. What seemed to be a welding tool built into its left arm swung at him from the side as if to hit him out of the way, but with a second to spare he rolled to the side as the mech went past where he was by a few feet, metal feet pounding and cracking the stone underneath it. Just as he dodged one he saw the other barrel towards him and towards the outer wall.
“Conta-!” He began to announce over the comm line with a sense of urgency before the newest clotheslined him with the rivet-gun it had in place of the other’s welder, it then proceeded to carry him back-first through the wall which went out with a loud cracking and crashing of stone against the metal of the mech. The mech then stopped abruptly, sending Elias flying backwards a few feet, which he quickly recovered with a well-executed roll as he gained his footing in a kneeling position. It would seem they had found their missing drones and these two would be no small task without any present heavy-weaponry, Elias would have found need to inform the others what he had found but he felt no need, they made enough noise during introductions as it was.
4111B55F-B55A-4337-B8EE-CB5A8888BE4C.jpeg

Worthlessplebian Worthlessplebian CkSmalling CkSmalling Simple_Traveler Simple_Traveler

Users who are viewing this thread

Back