Tech Yahoo Answers

Error 420

One Thousand Club
Okay, I've been listening to MBMBAM recently, an internet podcast, where they have a segment where they answer yahoo answer questions. Because of this, I decided to start up an old childhood pastime of mine and peruse Yahoo Answers for dumb stuff.

For example, one from a few days ago (which, unfortunately, has been removed but can still be found on Google) has the question "can I join the Army if I punched my Dad?", which is from a 19-year-old male. He gave some background to the question, saying that his parents had recently gone through a divorce and he had a step-dad he would play fight with. However, during one play fight, he punched him really hard and then ran away. He had since avoided all contact with this step-dad and was paranoid about police showing up. In a wonderful step of logic, he thought that the best way to avoid dealing with his step-dad was to sign up for the military. However, he was scared because he heard that during the recruitment process, the recruiters would put him under hypnosis and make him admit that he had punched his dad.

The worst part of this was that a majority of the responses were that yes, the military used hypnosis and that no, they didn't allow people who punched their dads. I fail to grasp the logic of the question asker though.

Step one: punch dad
Step two: get scared and avoid all contact while remaining in the same house.
Step three: get away from police by joining the Army

Why is his first worry "can I make it into the Army" and not "Can I apologize to the guy I punched"?

Anyways, what nonsense have you found on Yahoo Answers? Screencaps or links are probably better than paraphrasing if you can.

Yeah you can find lots of cringey stuff on yahoo answers but as with everything it kinda got too far, most of the people posting stuff like "Can I make a girl pregnant by looking at her naked?" and "How do I become a vampire?!!!11" are just trolls that are taking it to the extreme, which ends up making it less amusing on my opinion.

zMfyMWz.jpg

pzqley9.jpg

CcZeo.jpg

January-25-2012-16-42-26-ScreenShot20120125at12.02.05PM.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back