• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

xsammiegram x Quietpersona [Rp]

Quietpersona

Introvert at her finest
Kenzi sat perched atop a building. Her wings were spread and her grey eyes were taking in the scenery beneath her. She let out a quiet sigh as she saw a man trying to mug a woman. Her eyes grew intense for a moment and they began to glow. A few seconds later, the man was flung away from the woman and she took off in the opposite direction. Kenzi's eyes stopped their glow and she let out another huff and the grey wings on her back fluttered in frustration. "I hate humans sometimes."

Holly sighed, shaking her head. "Kenzi, you can't just do that... We're supposed to be protecting humans! I know he was trying to mug her, but still!" I had conflicted feelings on apprehending the criminals of human society. I wasn't sure if it was right to hurt them or not. They were bad, but they were still human... I bit my lip. "The demons do that. Our job is to protect them from harm."

Kenzi sighed harshly. " I protected her Holly! He was going to mug her, or worse! I didn't do anything wrong." Her wings fluttered even more, rage wasn't something she had experienced until she was sent to earth. She didnt have the full spectrum of human emotions, but anger, frustration and hope were the ones she was capable of. Watching the humans hurt themselves everyday was taking its toll. They had been on earth for well over a thousand years and each year seemed to get worse and worse. "Have you ever wondered why demons hurt humans? I can understand it, they hurt themselves everyday. All the time." Kenzi stood up and watched the human streets below her. "How can you be so calm Holly? These humans, they dont know we exsit, they don't know we protect them, they have no clue about the real world yet they keep doing dumb things that we have to fix. Arent you sick of it?"

"They're humans," Holly replied softly, wincing a little bit at her companion's sudden outburst. "They don't understand. They act on impulse, Kenzi.." The sweeter angel looked down in embarrassment, unsure of even herself. Even angels had their moments of uncertainty. "They don't know they're doing bad things..."

"They don't know what they're doing? They don't know murder is wrong? Or hurting children is a bad thing?" Kenzi's wings were fluttering madly now. Her feathers were standing on end and her eyes were beginning glow. When she looked at holly, her face softened a bit. "Let's just go okay? Can't you feel that? Someone's soul is crying for help." She flexed her wings a bit, fixing her feathers, before jumping off the building and heading towards the soul cry.

Holly sighed, slowly flying after her. It was impossible to argue with her companion. When she was decided on something, that was final. There was no persuading her otherwise. Kenzi liked deciding things for herself. She was stubborn, and Holly accepted that. She cared about her friend. She didn't want to argue and cause problems. It was pointless when they had a job to do. They were guardian angels of the human race. They were sent from the heavens to set things right. It was the year 2016, and things were still as bad as in the 1930s, maybe even worse, if you really looked at it.

Kenzi was trying hard to relax. It wouldn't help her human if she was angry and out of control. The flight took about 3 minutes. By the time they got there, they saw a teenaged boy. He was in an alley being bullied by 4 kids about the same age as he. He was on the ground curled into a fetal position as they continued to kick and punch and call him names. "Fucking freak!" One of them called out. The boy flinched as another kick met his stomach. At this display of aggression, Kenzi kind of lost it. Her body glowed briefly before she flew directly at the boys body and entered it. Her consciousness met his for a moment.

She felt the pain of his life, his dads abuse, his moms absence because she was the only one working, the bullying that was getting out of hand at school, his boyfriend being ashamed of them and breaking things off, his desire to kill himself and make it all end. He felt calmness like never before. He felt protected and happy and at peace. Kenzi took control of his body and stood up, the boys eyes glowed a dull grey. "You humans don't know respect." His voice boomed. "You hurt this human vessel but know nothing of his home life and what he goes through."

Kenzi took a step forward and watched all the boys take a step back in fright. "You will leave him alone, you will protect him until he leaves this forsaken city." She lifts the bullied boys hand up and the other 4 are trapped, unable to move an inch. She walked them closer until they were standing directly infront of his bullies. "If I hear this soul cry out again, you will face my wrath. That is not something you want from me. Do you understand?" She asked the question calmly but when she got no reply her eyes squinted as they grew brighter. "Do you humans understand me?!" She boomed. The ground around them shook slightly and the boys all nodded frantically. "Good." She stepped back and before she left the boys body gave him a little talk. "Things will be better for you from now on. I promise." She said lightly before removing herself as gently as she could manage out of his body. It would take a toll on him but he would recover. He wouldn't remember what went on here but he would know that someone was watching after him.

Sometimes Kenzi really scared Holly. The way she went at the humans who weren't doing good... Kenzi was right, it needed to be done, but oh gosh... To her, it wasn't okay. It wasn't right. Hurting other humans... Their job was so twisted and confusing sometimes. It made her head really hurt. She just wished everyone would be nice to each other and love each other. That would be swell, but of course that was impossible for the human race. They were all born to sin, and that was that. There was no deviation from that curse of existence. Humans were born sinners. It was a fact of life.

Holly sighed, her pure white wings drooping along her back. "You really need to be more gentle, Kenzi... I know you're doing what's right, but...now you've scarred them for life..."

Kenzi looked at holly. "Good. Maybe they'll turn their life around and rethink some of their choices." Kenzis grey wings fluffed a bit. She was proud of what just happened. Those boys were going to be terrible people when they grew up, now they have a fighting chance to be better. She grey eyed angel sighed. "I'm sorry holly but I will protect those who can't protect themselves. He obviously couldn't."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back