• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

One x One Xenofictional Human&Beast [Jamie LP]

Wingfeld

Entirely sentient, mostly sapient.
@JamieLP Do you want to know any more about this setting and stuff or shall we start brainstorming where to begin?

Or do you want to, I dunno, make your char in the char tab?

Last edited by a moderator:
I can start making my character in the Char tab, though I was curious if you were thinking that this RP would go along the same lines as the original work you were referring to (the fanfiction)? For instance, a young boy comes across the harpy character and then the story goes on from there? I was thinking possibly a young girl and have this ever-growing friendship go on for years within the story. There would be some jumps in time, of course, but I'm just curious on what you think of this.

I guess one of the main things to be concerned about is what gender the human should be because I have a backstory for a male character lined up and one for a female character lined up.

@JamieLP

Sorry, I didn't notice the thread updated! Maybe you should @ me next time too?

I was thinking more along the lines of something that, although it may go on for years or more, starts off at a pretty slow pace. It could begin with the human finding the harpy (calling him MRrra-(click)) and their first impressions of each other. The first few posts could be in quick succession, with harpy reacting to human and human reacting to harpy in their first interaction. Then, if the human leaves for a stretch of time, the next bit could deal with what happened to the two after they separated and their next meeting after the wait, and it could go on like this in a series of meets.

Or something else.

Well, MRrra-(click) would probably know that male humans more often act as protectors for the village whenever the harpies raid, as stories from the hunting harpies. He'd probably act more volatile at first sight, snapping or trying to flee. He wouldn't have heard as many things about females, so the female human would start off with a more puzzled than stressed creature on her hands. Depends on if you want more drama at first, I suppose.

@Eranl

Oh, I didn't realize you didn't get notified when the thread updates! My apologies.

I like the idea of it being a young human girl meeting the harpy at first and having that puzzled interaction between the two during their first meeting. The first meeting could be quick since the human girl would be curious but also terrified at the same time. The girl can then ask around and read stories about the harpy and try to get more information as to what it likes, what it doesn't, and try to befriend it during the following meetings.

The human girl would be going through some troubles with her dad. I was thinking something along the lines of "I wish you were a son rather than a daughter" kind of drama. So, trying to befriend the harpy and learn about them gives her drive and purpose.

@JamieLP

I think I like that idea. Would that mean that you'd incorporate the bits of the father conflict and research in during her interactions with the harpy, or should there be posts that happen while the two aren't interacting, both doing their own thing for a post or two before getting back to the actual meetings? That isn't entirely traditional RPing, I don't think, but it would work.

I'm thinking that the harpy's main drive at first would be to get back home. With the torn wing, he can't go very far for at least a few weeks, and though he could hunt it would be hard to find enough food without help. Not to mention that he'd be used to being around other harpies, so the isolation would be quite unnerving. If this is his first drive, then he'd probably leave ASAP after his wing healed. Still, I'm entertaining the thought that, if they become friends, he'd drop by to visit in that cave he's currently stuck in. (And if they become great friends... who knows, maybe he'll start thinking of the girl as a flockmate in her own right.)

Last edited by a moderator:
@JamieLP

Sorry for the double-post, but are you going to start RPing? If you're going to be inactive-ish, I would really like to be told, please.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back