• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern x A Fight for Survival x~Zombies Bite (IC)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Alex Bailey
Smiling Alex .jpg
Hearing that scouting had been uneventful was a relief to Alex, she would never want the other scouts to go through with what she had to. The reality of almost losing her life had hit home with her and she now realized that she needed to enjoy what she had in the world instead of focusing on what she didn’t. A look of surprised covered her features as Eli said the candy was for her, ”Aww shucks, really? That’s so sweet!” She murmured happily before taking the candy and observing the wrapper. The candy bar was unfamiliar to her, but she was never against trying something new.

Eli mentioning that he had something else caused her to look up from the Kit-Kat bar and place it on her lap. She took the next item with her only arm and placed it on her lap also. It had been hard to get use to only functioning with one of her arms, but now she was getting the hang of it. Tearing at the wrapping paper carefully, as if trying to save all the effort he had put in for her. Once the paper was out of the way, she smiled even wider at the item beneath. She loved to read. The small collection of books she had in her room was something that she treasured. ”This is perfect!” She murmured as she opened the cover and ran her finger tips across the page lightly. ”How did you know that I love to read?” She asked as Alex looked up to Eli again, it was clear that she was distracted from all that was around her, including the situation she was in.

”You aren’t stalking me are you?” She asked teasingly with a laugh. The blonde looked to the candy bar again before having an idea. ”Let’s split this. Have you ever had this kind? I haven’t.”
with: Eli Shireling Shireling

David Cartwright
david cartwright no goggles.jpg"You know, being right is a curse sometimes," David muttered as he smiled wryly. "You can tell their man that their people are more than welcome to come for a meeting. I will never turn away a request for parlay, especially as I assume the terms will likely be favorable to my people. They can bring all the guns and bravado they wish as well, it won't bother me any. Taurus is well-guarded enough to suffer the intrusion."

He sipped coffee and turned back to Theo. "I'll have a space cleared for us on the observation deck. We'll turn on the emergency power and use the elevator," he smiled again with a mischievous smirk, "I would imagine they're all not used to heights."

He allowed Theo to turn to leave, but before he could get all the way out the door, the old man called out to him. "Mr. Ashworth," he said in a cordial tone, "when you have some free time, stop by again while I am at home. I would like to ask a few questions about this Withers girl. I'm afraid I knew her father somewhat well, but she is a mystery to me. And, well, I've been told that you know her tolerably well." He arched a brow in Theo's direction.

Misty Gray Misty Gray

Eli Cartwright
elialternate.jpg"Nah. If anyone did the stalking it was my brother," he said with a chuckle, "He's the archivist for the library, so he knew you come in there a lot. I took his advice. I've never been much for reading myself, always liked movies better."

When she offered the chocolate, he reluctantly took the proffered half and bit into it, wincing a bit as a pain shot up from his right top molars. He would have to get that toothache (which he had been nursing for well on a month now) checked out sooner or later, he thought. But for now, he merely shifted over to the left side and chewed contentedly. "Yeah, Kit-Kats are pretty good. Not as good as a Snickers, and those are a bit easier to come by, but some people are allergic to the peanuts and can't have them. My buddy Landry I used to keep hogs with, he was one of them."

He glanced in her direction and smiled, glad that the gifts were having the desired effect. He knew that life was probably going to be hard for Alex from now on. The colony paid out the standard minimum of three meal tickets a day to any volunteers that were wounded in the scouts, enough to keep them well enough in food, but as to returning to service he had his doubts. He had heard of a scout losing a leg and going out with a prosthetic or serving guard duty, but he had never heard of anyone losing an arm and not ending up more-or-less a destitute beggar that slept in the stairwell or in the pews at the houses of worship. He wondered what she was going to do once she was eventually discharged, but decided to leave the subject off a good while as he was quite enamored with seeing her beaming and contented.

Bellz Bellz

Bexley Withers
Bexley serious .png
Bex sighed softly at Mac’s words before shaking her head, ”No no, I don’t want to. But for the good of the West…it looks like I have no choice but to walk back there with my tail between my legs.” She murmured. The woman didn’t waste any time pouring herself another glass of whiskey, not caring if she showed up to the meeting slightly buzzed. It would calm her nerves. This wasn’t something she normally did, and she knew the East was just going to LOVE hearing her beg for forgiveness and ask for their help. She wasn’t ready to see the smug look on those hippie bastards faces. As she raised her glass slightly, she looked to the dark liquid and wondered if that was going to be enough for her. Maybe she could hit up Mick before they left…getting high would at least put her on the Easts level, right?

Shaking her head to herself, she knew that wasn’t an option for the meeting, deciding to save it for later. Knocking back another glass, she sighed as she slammed it against the wooden counter before turning to look to Matt. ”I could handle those hippies myself, but I would rather grovel as a group.” She said to him, relieved that he wasn’t going to stay permanently upset with him. Turning to Jay, the woman smiled, ”Mind coming along to give your medical expertise. I’m afraid the Doc can’t make it.” It was going to be interesting seeing the East...she hadn't seen it in an awfully long time and part of her wished that they were doing poorer than the last time she saw it. But she knew that David was far more organized when it came to leading...she wouldn't go any further with that thought. We are doing just fine. She told herself, but then another thought entered her mind, Then why are you crawling back? This caused Bex to sigh in frustration before nodding her head. She was just about to complain about the East taking forever to get back to her scout when the young man burst through the doors of the bar, relaying the news that they were welcomed to the Eastern territory.

Bex couldn't help but roll her eyes, of course they were. "Right kiddos, we should probably head out then."

***​

Well equipped with the proper amount of weapons, the group headed towards the Eastern territory, which didn't take long to get to, although it felt like it in the bitter cold and snow. The sun shining in the sky didn't do anything to warm the group up as they approached the gates. Bexley stepped ahead of the group to meet with a few of the Eastern scouts.

As much as she wanted to tease the younger looking males who were guarding the gates with their hippy lives, she knew that in order to make amends, she would have to be on her best behavior with the East. The boys were taller, gangling looking in a way that reminded her of Theo before he gained all that muscle. Instead of hollering out some harsh words, Bex walked all the way up till the men met her in the middle. "Howdy boys!" Bex smiled, putting on her sweetest smile. "I sent one of my own info you that I would like to meet with Santa-I mean David."

with: Mac MadiRaiCat MadiRaiCat ; Matt DistressedDisaster DistressedDisaster ; Jay Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess
mentions: David Shireling Shireling ; Theo Misty Gray Misty Gray

Theodore Ashworth

1551554856277-png.547247
When David pointed out that he had been right, Theo nodded his head but his face remained serious, getting no humour or joy out of the situation with the West. Still, when the older man agreed that the other faction could attend for the meeting, an agreeable smile showed itself on the Head of Security's face. Upon hearing the West were permitted their weapons, Theo hesitated before being reassured by David's reminder of the East's strong defences. "Right you are," he spoke up to make clear he understood. "I'll have their scout informed of the situation at once."

Theo couldn't help but smirk when David told him they would be having the meeting on the observations deck, pointing out how such heights might not be to the West's preference. "Oh, I'm sure they'll love that!" he sarcastically remarked.

Theo walked towards the door but was halted when David called back out to him. He turned around to face the older man as he requested he came to see him at another time to discuss Bexley. He soon went on to suggest he knew of Theo's past relationship with the West's leader. He wasn't about to insult anyone's intelligence by attempting to lie and deny the relationship. "I knew Bexley well... I can offer you insight, though I can make no promises such details would still be relevant today. People change..." he trailed off.

*****​

It had been some time since Theo had sent the Western scout back to relay the East's acceptance of the meeting. Eventually, Bexley and the others arrived at the gates. Theo had seen them approaching whilst he was a short distance from the gates. As he caught up, he heard Bexley addressing some of his scouts in an apparently friendly manner. He stepped into view in time to see the smile on Bexley's face as she mentioned "Santa". He looked to the scout closest to the gates and sent him a single nod. "Open the gate, Carl," he told him.

Theo studied Bexley, Matt, Mac and Jay closely, noticing the weapons they had brought with them. David had mentioned it was acceptable, so all he did was quirk his eyebrow at the sight of them armed. His eyes soon shifted to Bexley, lingering on her for a moment before snapping his attention away from her as he was reminded of the last time they were in each others' company and the disaster that turned out to be.

"David is ready for the meeting. My good scouts here will accompany you to the elevator and up to the observation deck," he informed them, taking a moment to let the instructions sink in. Theo dropped back as his scouts lead the group to the elevator, whilst he was keeping a close eye on them and his rifle to hand should any of the West try to attack his hardworking scouts.

Shireling Shireling (David) Bellz Bellz (Bexley) MadiRaiCat MadiRaiCat (Mac) Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess (Jay) DistressedDisaster DistressedDisaster (Matt)

Mackenzie O'Leary
Tags: Bexley ( Bellz Bellz ), Matt ( DistressedDisaster DistressedDisaster ), Jay ( Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess ), Theo ( Misty Gray Misty Gray ), David ( Shireling Shireling )
Outfit:
x

Mackenzie watched for a moment as Bexley poured herself another glass. Mac knew she probably wanted the liquid courage to go over to the East and ask forgiveness, but hoped she wouldn't let the alcohol affect her aim. Just in case. "Alright, well I'll go and get some things prepared at the weapons base. Even if we want to be civil, we're not going there empty handed," Mac responded, grabbing the sheath of throwing blades from the counter where she had set them. The East may be hippies, but Mackenzie would rather be prepared for a fight that never happened than unprepared for one that did. Zipping up her jacket, Mac exited the bar and made her way over to the weapons base.

Mac kept track of all the firearms, bows, blades, and bombs the West had to offer. So, she generally noticed what a person preferred to take. Grabbing weapons for Matt, Bex, and Jay from the walls, Mac laid them out on her workbench. Running her fingers over the cool metal, she examined every one, making sure they were clean and in working order before filling a few clips for the firearms. Once she had completed everyone else's weapons, Mac took a quick look at her own. She aimed down the sights of the crossbow briefly before slinging it across her back. Her handgun holster was strapped around her thigh, and she slipped on a hip holster for the throwing blades from earlier, just in case. "Alright," she murmured to herself, "Let's get this over with."

Mac followed behind Bexley among the others, carefully watching their surroundings as they made the trek to the Eastern territory. She could see the exhale of her breath like a cloud of cigarette smoke, and wondered briefly how cold it truly was. Having grown up in New York City, she had experienced the chilly winters first hand. But since the infection, it only seemed to get colder and colder every year. Maybe it was the dwindling resources or the fight for survival or even climate change. Whatever it was, Mac hoped it might level out, even just a bit.

The redhead was brought back from her thoughts by the sound of an overly chipper Bex, who had stepped forward to address the scouts at the Eastern gates. She gripped the crossbow in her hands a bit tighter, emerald eyes narrowing at the gangly men as she waited for them to make a move. Her attention was drawn away by the familiar voice of Theo, who told one of the scouts to open the gate. She had met the man a few times before, but never really had enough conversation with him to know much. She did know there was a sort of apathetic civility between him and Bex, created by something in the past.

Mac eyed the rifle in Theo's hands, wondering momentarily how good of a shot he was. But she decided not to ask and instead followed the scouts to the elevator, her grip on her crossbow looser but still ready to fire in a second's notice. She wouldn't hurt anyone unless they attacked, after all, this was the East's territory. But from some of the looks the scouts gave her and the others, she definitely wanted to. Exiting the window, Mac caught glimpse of the city out the window. She hesitated, both uneasy and admiring at the same time. She had remembered when the city was lit up at night, gorgeous and twinkling. But she had also not been this high in a while. Turning away, Mac waited outside the observation deck for the rest of her team to enter before following suit.

codedbycrucialstar

Matthew S.

Matt had gathered his own standard weaponry before heading out, aside from a new addition. While he still had his typical baseball bat slung over his shoulder, he'd also gotten two pistols in place of his singular one. He had always preferred simplistic equipment to rifles, and found pistols easy to aim and use in a pinch. That and he could fire with one hand after enough practice bracing the recoil.

He made sure to stand near the back, using his height to remain wary of their surroundings, as well as to pose some sort of threatening figure. His eyes roamed over Theo coldly, as he adjusted his glasses to a more comfortable position on his face.

While Theo seemed well off, he also seemed wary of their presence, especially since they were armed. But he didn't care much what the East thought. So long as they walked in and out unscathed, Matt wouldn't need to smack any skulls around.

( Bellz Bellz Shireling Shireling MadiRaiCat MadiRaiCat Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess Misty Gray Misty Gray )

200.gif
Jylene Ferrea
Poor Jylene had no idea what she was saying yes to or getting herself into. She just knew she wanted something to do other than heal patients and listening to people complain. If she had to listen to one more person complain about the apocalypse, she was going to off herself. She was probably going to off herself anyway since she had begun to realize what Mac told her in the bar. Perhaps it was because she was so tired that she hadn't even processed it until they were walking to the gate. Mac told her they were going to kiss up to the East and while Jay didn't necessarily care for all the politics, she knew some other members did. That was why the room was so tense when she walked through it. She facepalmed herself, regretful of her decision to not go back to her room to just sleep. However, Bex had also asked her along for any medical advice they may need.

As they approached the East and Theo came into view, Jay yawned and let her hair down. While she was tired, she was still on alert and making sure her team was good. She was still very protective of some of the Westerners, especially the ones she saw on a daily basis. Her gun was on her hip and she was ready to use it if need be. With her hands on the back of her head, she glanced at Theo and his scouts and couldn't help but chuckle to herself and shake her head. "You know Ashworth," she started, focusing on walking towards the elevator. "If any of us were going to take you out or your scouts, you know we would have done it by now right?" She then looked to him before offering a small smile. "So, just relax. I'm too tired to shoot anyone today."

Theo ( Misty Gray Misty Gray ) Mac ( MadiRaiCat MadiRaiCat ) Matt ( DistressedDisaster DistressedDisaster ) Bex ( Bellz Bellz )

David Cartwright
david cartwright no goggles.jpgThe elevator ride to the top of the tower was long and uncomfortable. Elevator music from twenty years ago played about halfway up the ascent before it tapered off as they cut the power to the stereo system to conserve energy. After a few minutes, the doors opened up on the observation deck. All around them, tall walls of glass gave them a commanding view of the city and the surrounding parks and habitations. From this vantage point, David stood in a crisp, clean suit looking out on the window at all the domains that he controlled and towards the West.

"Ah, Miss Withers," he said upon their entrance, "how excellent to have the pleasure of hosting you in my own home." He said, smile curling around his mustache. He put his hands in his coat pockets. "I thought you might appreciate a commanding view of the surrounds for this discussion. I sense we will have a profitable meeting for both our sides."

David gave a preferential glance to Theo and then the other scouts. "I hope you don't mind, Miss Withers, if the majority of your party waits downstairs."

(Sorry guys, I've been really busy).

Misty Gray Misty Gray Bellz Bellz MadiRaiCat MadiRaiCat Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess DistressedDisaster DistressedDisaster

Bexley Withers
Looking up .gif
Bexley noticed Theo's eyes on her and she stared into his until he looked away. A small smirk formed on her face at the small victory of standing her ground before she nodded her head at his words, David was ready for them, but when he mentioned the elevators, Bex froze in taking any other steps further. Of course they would pull something like this. The western leader tried to not look so freaked out as she forced herself to shuffle towards the open elevator doors. She swallowed harshly as she made it into the tiny cramped room. This was the first time she had ever been in one of these things...her father didn't like the skyscrapers, he had claimed that if not properly kept up, they would be dangerous to their existence. That's why they steered clear of them.

The doors closed and the room shifted slightly as it began to crawl upwards. Bex reached behind her to squeeze the metal handrail on the side of the walls tightly. It was important to maintain her self control, to not show weakness. They were right in the middle of a wolves pack and they could shred them to pieces if they felt like it, especially if they showed weakness. By the time the elevator had reached the top, Bex was sweating.

She was quick to exit, accidentally shoving her own team out of the way to get out as quickly as she could. Once she was sure she was safe, she looked around the room until her eyes spotted David, looking out the window towards the West. Bexley straightened her back out at being addressed and nodded her head slowly as the man smiled and spoke of it being a pleasure to host them. "Well..." Bex looked behind her to her group, giving them an apprehensive expression before turning back to David, "Thank you for agreeing under such short notice." She said awkwardly ...formalities really weren't her thing.

When he spoke of him thinking that she might enjoy a commanding view of the surroundings, Bex once again looked towards the windows. Now she could really see how high up they were and immediately her stomach churned. "Great..views." She breathed out slowly. The woman was losing herself and she was sure the East knew it by now. This high up was where she didn't want to be, and she could have sworn she could feel the whole building swaying gently in the cold winter breeze outside.

She was quickly distracted when David asked if the majority of her party were to wait downstairs. This caused her to tense slightly. Like hell she was going to be left alone all the way up here..."If I may...I would like to at least keep my Second in command with me. I have also brought our factions Doctor along, for discussion purposes, but she can be brought up when ready."
with: David Shireling Shireling ; Theo Misty Gray Misty Gray ; Mac MadiRaiCat MadiRaiCat ; Jay Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess ; Matt DistressedDisaster DistressedDisaster

David Cartwright
david cartwright no goggles.jpg"Of course, I would like to keep Theo up here myself if it's all the same," David said, searching for and finding his preferred chair out of the half a dozen or so upholstered chairs that had been brought up for the meeting. The room itself was large and mostly barren, about the size of an average house, divided occasionally by supporting columns that jutted up from the floor towards the ceiling. The small space for seating that had been arranged by the window was facing westward, four chairs and a loveseat organized around what looked to be an expensive rug scavenged from an upscale apartment and a coffee table made of dark wood.

As the Eastern leader sat, he motioned for the older Hispanic gentleman who had, up until that point, been standing motionless against the wall with a tray of hot coffee to bring the tray over. Setting it down on the table, Hector bowed out of their midst and resumed his position near the elevators. David then reached for the silver coffee mug and poured the hot black liquid into his china cup. He blew on it and raised it to his lips to drink.

"Feel free to have a bit of coffee, if you'd like." He said, turning his attention out towards the western side of the city and towards where the lights of the western settlement would be coming into view as the hours ticked by. From this distance, you could make out the open patches in the park where the East had cleared some of the trees for crops and the places where small herds of cattle and sheep could be seen hoofing through the snow to graze with a hawk-eyed shepherd, little bigger than an ant, looking over them while leaning on his rifle like a walking staff. Far and away beyond the walls of scrap metal and detritus, you could see little people-shaped specks milling about on the walls of the Western camp, although you couldn't see inside of it.

David took in all of this, then looked up towards the blue sky peaking out from behind the clouds and the waxing moon peaking out from the cloudbank alongside it, ready to bathe another winter night in her cold, spectral glow. Finally, his eyes came to rest on Bexley. He had to admit that, superficial differences not withstanding, she was very similar to her father. He glanced at Jay next, a woman who he had not met before. She exuded intelligence, confidence, but was definitely of the fighting spirit that so marked the warrior culture of Taurus's neighbors. David had never really disapproved of the way that the West had done their business anyways. He knew that the colonists that followed him were dispositionally different, and perhaps that did necessitate their living apart, but he was only prone to be irked with the West when Bexley had come into power and had started to upend the established order. This, he thought, could be chocked up to youth and inexperience. He hoped that his own successor, whoever that happened to be, would be a bit more dispassionate.

But passion was not something that David found wholly inappropriate in a leader, merely often detrimental. Every bit of him was curious how Bexley Withers would operate in this brave new world. So far, she had not impressed him, but calling this impromptu meeting was a step in the right direction. And he would resist the urge, however strong, to hold her immaturity over her head. He was a young man once, but in another world with different ways and means.

With these thoughts concluded in the span of a few seconds, David cradled his coffee in his left hand and looked towards Bexley.

"Well, Miss Withers, I suppose it is time to get down to brass tacks. That is, as I understand it, the way things are done in your part of New York - straight and to the point."

Bellz Bellz Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess Misty Gray Misty Gray MadiRaiCat MadiRaiCat DistressedDisaster DistressedDisaster

Matthew S.

Matt was less than esctatic himself about the elevators. Who knew when these things could give out. But he was more concerned by Bexley's rash movements and slight tensions. Of course..She was afraid of heights.

Tuning back into the discussion, he narrowed his eyes at the topic of leaving Bexley alone here, relaxing a tad when she requested he stay. Of course he was going to. Whether these bastards wanted him to or not.

Taking the empty seat right by Bexley, he allowed his boot to gently tap her ankle. Hoping to get her attention back on the situation rather than the...view.

He turned his gaze to David, cooly appraising the man from where he sat. His expression was thoughtful, but concretely focused.

"We've come to discuss repairing the tensions recently created between the East and West."

He spoke up to get the conversation started, keeping his eyes on David. Watching his breathing, posture, his body language. Anything that would give any semblance of emotion or thought away, Matt was watching closely. After setting the conversation on point, he left it for Bexley to continue, another small tap from his foot to hers. Telling her that he was with her, and on guard. Some reassurance that while she handled the talking he'd be observing.

Bellz Bellz Shireling Shireling Misty Gray Misty Gray MadiRaiCat MadiRaiCat Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess

Mackenzie O'Leary
Mentions: None
Interactions: Bex ( Bellz Bellz ), Matt ( DistressedDisaster DistressedDisaster ), Open
Outfit:
x

Mackenzie glanced around the observation deck briefly before looking out the window, her anxiety peaking at the realization of how high up they really were. She grasped her crossbow a bit tighter, tearing her eyes away from the window when she heard David talk. At first, Mac narrowed her eyes at the notion of going back downstairs. She would rather take the wrath of the East than leave her leader alone with them. But, when David agreed to let Matt stay with her, Mackenzie was a little relieved. She made eye contact with Bex and Matt quickly before leaving the room and venturing back down the elevator.

As the elevator dropped down the levels of the building, Mac felt her anxiety lower as well. Once the bell signaled she had reached the ground floor, Mac let out a breath she didn't know she had been holding. She stepped out of the elevator and quickly exited the building. It was chilly out still. But Mac was used to that by now. She gently swung her crossbow over her shoulder, letting it rest comfortably between her shoulder blades. Standing against the external wall next to door of the building, Mac pulled a pack of cigarettes from her back pocket. Placing one between her lips, Mac lit it and inhaled, letting the relief smoke fill her lungs. She was still on high alert, aware of her surroundings and the East citizens that were meandering past.

Mac did her best to meet their curious, and some degrading, stares with her intimidating icy gaze. Some chose to look away and walk faster, and some met her glare with equally cold eyes. Mac shrugged it off and inhaled from the cigarette once again, glancing up at the tall building. She wondered briefly what they were talking about up there, but figured Bex would debrief her later. Mac was still a bit against this meeting, but went along with it nevertheless. She trusted Bex to do what was right for the West. Taking a final drag from the cigarette, Mac dropped it to the ground and stomped it out beneath her boot.

codedbycrucialstar

Theodore Ashworth

1551554856277-png.547247
Theo wasn't oblivious to the various looks he'd received from Bexley and the others from the West. He mostly shrugged them off, only reacting when Jay told him to relax and that they'd have shot his scouts by now if they were intending to. "Or maybe that's what someone who is plotting to attack would say," he remarked back to her, but flashed a smile that showed there was little seriousness behind his retort.

Once they all reached David, Theo remained in the room, but was quiet and ready to leave so the two factions could get on with their meeting. Bexley didn't seem too keen on the idea of the other Westerns leaving the room, but she was soon permitted to let Matt and Jay remain where they were. Theo was ready to turn and get back in to the lift with Mac and the others when David confirmed he would be staying too. Theo wasn't about to argue and nodded his head, stepping deeper into the room now it was confirmed he was to remain in the meeting.

Theo stood be the window, resting his elbow on the windowsill as he gazed out to the land beneath them and then to the far distance. He soon looked back to the group as Matt spoke to explain the West were there to repair the recent tensions. Despite how betrayed he'd felt, Theo wasn't about to argue with repairing whatever relationship the two groups had held until recently. It was the best way to ensure maximum human survival. He knew personal disputes couldn't interfere with that. He hoped Bexley felt the same.

Shireling Shireling (David) Bellz Bellz (Bexley) MadiRaiCat MadiRaiCat (Mac) Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess (Jay) DistressedDisaster DistressedDisaster (Matt)

proxy.phpimage=https%3A%2F%2Fmedia.giphy.com%2Fmedia%2FGIvsPjINUvJ9S%2F200.gif&hash=b4c2d9a84eccbca5ade164b2ec5f5921

Jylene Ferrea

Jay could definitely feel the tension around her. It was something she didn't think she would be able to bear, but knew she would need to. It helped her a little when Theo made his own remark at her, causing her smile to grow a little. It was good to see someone wasn't so serious. Although, she knew things wouldn't be like this for long. Matt, Mack, and herself all needed to be strong for Bex in the event something bad happens. That and because they were going to be in the hands of the enemy for a moment. Jay had no reason to believe they would try and take them out on their own side of the world. To be quite honest, she had no reason to believe they would try and take them out at all. While she had never before met the man, David seemed calm and smart enough. This meeting was a peaceful, diplomatic meeting about the two sides co-existing, right? Which meant that there would be no shooting, stabbing, or punching of any kind. Jay knew this and hoped the others did as well, considering they were all super tense.

Once she heard the word 'coffee' she immediately felt her attention grabbed and moved to make herself a cup. Well, she looked around at her little group first and when they didn't move, she did. Jay was focused on the reason they were there, yes, but she needed that cup of coffee to help her remember. Once she had her drink, she took a seat and laid her arms on top, her chin resting in her free hand. Even though she had caffeine on her side, she still felt her eyes growing heavy as she tried her best to stay awake.

Bex ( Bellz Bellz ) David ( Shireling Shireling ) Theo ( Misty Gray Misty Gray )

Bexley Withers
Looking up .gifBexley was pleased that she was at least able to keep two of her members with her, she was confident that Mac could handle herself below, not letting anything get to her. Hearing that Theo was staying caused Bex to glance his way again, knowing that under that calm and indifferent facade, he was wanting to be anywhere but where he was now pleased the woman slightly but she understood the feeling. Being this high up was unnerving to her and was beginning to throw her off from what she had come to the East for. Taking a seat, Bex couldn't keep her eyes off the outside, the heights were both fascinating and terrifying. Suddenly someone's foot hit her ankle and she turned quickly from the window to look to Matt who had sat right next to her. His words caused her to nod softly and David's words actually earned a smile from the Western leader and a soft laugh, "My part of New York? From what I was told, that was just a New York way of life in general...I'm simply carrying on the tradition." There was no harshness in her voice, no teasing...just easy conversation.

The last few weeks had given Bex a lot to think about. She had a lot of time to overthink the decisions she had making and even herself could admit when she was just being too hot headed. One of the mistakes she couldn't get out of her head was the one she had come to the East to address. "I've had a lot of time to...think." Bexley started. "Of course, this just didn't stem from myself as I'm sure if this situation hadn't arose I would still be sticking to my guns...both figuratively and realistically speaking." Looking to her team a moment, she looked to them for approval, anything that show her she was really doing what was right before turning back to David.

"Now I know that your scouts are butt hurt at the fact that my team left them high and dry." Hopefully the room would notice how she was now not mentioning putting blame on Theo. "But there was a very good reason for it and it has helped us realize what we are dealing with in terms of that beast we saw that day."

"My other doctor...believes that this creature had come from the North...thriving in the cold weather, which makes sense for why it wondered over into our parts. Another thing he noticed...it consumes its own kind." She looked to David, Theo and any other Easterners in the room, watching their expressions closely for any signs of doubt. It was hard to believe.

"We are dealing with more than just the average walker now...and there could be more than we think. That will not bode well if we stay separated like this. We could hardly take the thing down working together, right?" She directed her question towards Theo, seeing how he was there fighting it as well for the East. Her eyes stared at him closely, wondering if he would really back up her words.

Regardless of if he did or not, Bex turned to her team. "They saw the aftermath of the beast and its unlike anything we have seen before...the transformation...it took seconds after being infected."
with: David Shireling Shireling ; Theo Misty Gray Misty Gray ; Jay Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess ; Matt DistressedDisaster DistressedDisaster

David Cartwright
david cartwright no goggles.jpgDavid steepled his fingers as he listened intently to everything that she said. He mentally passed over her opening remarks, letting her get to the why of the whole situation. When she began to talk about the new kind of zombie they had found, he seemed to perk up and be a bit more interested in conversation. Finally, after a minute or two of thinking, he replied to her.

"Well," he began with a sigh, "given the circumstances, I think your abandonment of the firing line was probably justified. I am in no position to cast stones, seeing as the majority of my people made it through the night unscathed. And, I might add, I personally was in no danger - the same can't be said for yourself. If what you say is true, then there are some very disturbing revelations coming to light about the undead, their methods of sustenance, and how dangerous they may be." He sat forward in his chair. "It seems clear that simple traps like the ones we have always relied on will no longer cut it."

At this point, he looked up at Bexley and could tell she was supremely uncomfortable. After her being so forthcoming with him, he took pity on her and was somewhat ashamed of himself for bringing them up to the observation deck and doing a cheap intimidation trick. Sighing, he stood in his chair.

"I think there are a lot of options on the table, Miss Withers, first and foremost is the creation of a joint scientific taskforce for researching the undead and developing new methods of putting them to rest. But, we can talk about this over dinner if you all would care to stay. I have an interior dining room downstairs prepared for visitors," he said, with interior obviously a codeword for "room with no windows."

Bellz Bellz Misty Gray Misty Gray MadiRaiCat MadiRaiCat DistressedDisaster DistressedDisaster

Users who are viewing this thread

Back