WW - the next generation!

Yumi raised an eyebrow before putting a hand on the boy's head before sighing and shaking her head. "You got two options son, get that one a new body, which isn't easy. Or you suck it up and go fight him in your head and show him's who's boss...." She shrugged. "Or just cope with it."

Vent shook his head, going incredibly red.

He turned away from Yumi for a second, stifling a laugh, almost.

"..... Three problems." He spluttered, regaining verbal control.

"..... I don't want him loose, no new body. He's..... Much stronger than me, fighting normally, I can't fight him. And coping, IS NOT an option." Vent explianed.

"Can't you just seal him?" He suggested, shrugging a bit.

"Why don't you try making a deal with him them?" She said sourly. Kids these days. "And if he's stronger than you, any seal that blocks things in your mind would backfire and stick you behind them as you have the weaker power."

Vent sighed.

".... A deal has already been ruled out. Can't happen. Out of the question. No way." Vent explained, crossing his arms.

"Any other, possibly easier methods? ......... I really don't want to fight him." Vent said, a worried look in his eyes.

"Why has it been ruled out?" She said, "A deal can be made in more than one way you know. It all depends on how you word yourself. Anyway...maybe." She shrugged, "But those who take the easy way out seldom last in the long run. DO you really want to take that risk?"

Vent scowled.

"........ Attack my manhood, why don't you?" He said, before getting all mad.

"Fine!" Vent exclaimed.

"I'll fight him!"

Yumi blinked a few times before smiling, "I knew you'd make the right choice." She said before turning and heading back towards her garden.

Vent shook his head.

".... Big help you were." He said before turning and walking away.

He stopped once across the street.

"Thanks!" He shouted out to her, before making his way back to school.

Yumi waved her hand over shoulder towards him silenlty laughing the whole time.

~

Turning her head she smiled Alec had at least gained there attention which ment she was closer to getting that job than she had thought she would have been.

Vent turned into an alley, hoping something would happen so he didn't have to fight Conner yet. He'd hold it off as long as possible.

He scowled.

That stupid Yumi. She'd pretty much forced him into fighting Conner now, because she'd called him on his manhood. He couldn't let it slide.

He had to prove himself.

Still smiling, Alec was teleported back to where she had been taken from the only difference was the mark under her blue eye of a black outlined tear drop, which would be filled once she had proven herself and was given a ward to protect. As it was, that was what the DWT did. Produced guards to people they dubbed 'of interest' in which cases where very important wizards and witches, some who paid to be the list, others that had done something good to gain recognition of them and in all honest, she had a feeling two names she knew all to well would end up on that list.

Not that she'd want them as a ward....Honestly, they'd drive her crazy. Rockin' a bit she darted forward putting out a seeker spell to find Vent. Finding his form in a nearby alley she slowed down and crept up to the mouth of it peeking in his back to her as she walked. Practicing her stealth which she would greatly need in the future, she moved forward slowly not making a sound before pouncing on him and giving him a huge hug from behind.

Vent froze, a sudden presense and grip from behind stopping him in his tracks. He was almost ready to strike blindly, but turned his head to check first.

He saw Alec, hugging him from behind.

He sighed in relief, his heart rate settling. His tensed arms flopped like Jello for a second, before he placed them on Alec's own hands.

"...... What was the point of that?" He asked, trying to get a good look at what seemed to be a new marking Alec had. It was like a teardrop, which Vent thought was intriguing and strange at the same time.

Alec giggled, "There wasn't one." Still not letting go of her hug of him, she opened one hand in front of him that held the ring and necklace Marco had give them. "Marco wanted you to have one, as a way to remember him, ya know?" She said happily.

.......... Vent was confused.

"Why? Did he leave?" He asked, concern in his voice.

Alec blinked, "Yeah, only for a little while though. So he can train to be a battlemage." She smilled moving so she was in front of Vent, sticking her tongue out at him. "He passed his test so he got to train under one like he wanted to."

Conner, on the inside, was instantly furious.

Vent kind of felt the same way. He didn't want to lose to Marco, but in a 'rivalry' way, not 'mortal enemies' way.

Conner got even more pissed off when Vent unintentionally compared Marco to Hope.

Vent was silent.

This hit him hard. It wasn't a bad idea to train.

"...... I need to get stronger too." Vent said calmly, thinking of Conner, Marco, but mostly Alec.

He took the pendant and slid it into his pocket.

Alec's smile faltered a bit but she nodded her head, "Understandable." Running a hand through her hair, she sighed, "Everything's changing isn't it?" Shaking her head, her smile came back stronger then before. "Regardless, just promise me you won't fly off the handle with this and get yourself hurt okay?"

Xavier smiled at Daelyn " Pretty hard to believe we can just sit here so calmly after going to a realm filled with death.. Going to the underworld made me clench what I held dear so much closer." Xavier smiled as a strong playful aura seemed to shimmer from his eyes.

Daelyn laughed nervously. I had forgotten about the whole Underworld event until now. Oh gosh, I need to stop thinking about that. I can't even remember certain parts of what happened. Daelyn's mind still refused to wrap around the fact that they had actually been in the Underworld itself. Until that comment about it, she had managed to convince herself that it wasn't real. "Yea... The Underworld was scary, but we're all fine now, right?"

Xavier smiled " Yeah I'm pretty happy about that. I couldn't bare to loose any of you. I mean I was taking the two most important girls in my life to the underworld. I would've never forgiven myself if I had lost you.."

~~~

Corono smiled at Rosary " So why exactly do you think my son will repeat his parents history?"

Daelyn smiled. "Most important? Hmm.. I wonder who that is," Daelyn said with a smirk. "Since when was I one of the two most important girls in your life?"

Rosary shook her head. "Well if he spent enough time with you, then he'll probably repeat you're dramatic-ness."

Xavier smiled " Since I was without you and it feels nice to have you back."

~~~

Corono chuckled " I was only so dramatic because Yumi was so stubborn. I think your daughter is different. Besides my son got your daughter to say she liked him first. That takes a great talent." Corono nodded.

Daelyn looked towards the ground out of habit. "I missed you, too. Actually, when I got lost in the Underworld, I figured you guys had left me there and forgot about me," Daelyn laughed nervously.

"My daughter would be stubborn if she had been around me more as a child. You remember how long it was until me and Yoshiro finally got together? That took awhile," Rosary said.

Xavier shook his head " We aren't capable of that. I care too much."

~~~

Corono laughed " True Yoshiro just didn't have my goofy charm and good looks."

Daelyn blushed. "I know. Sorta," she laughed.

Rosary snickered. "Nah. Yoshiro had the sweep-you-off-your-feet charm and the dashing good looks."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back