• When posting, please be aware that artistic nudity is still nudity and not allowed under RpNation rules. Please edit your pictures accordingly!

Remember to credit artists when using work not your own.

Writers Of All Kinds

What is your favorite?

• Sci fi

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Non-fiction

• Fantasy

• Fiction

• Poetry

• Total voters
Siltus-Prime Incident Debriefing - Personal Record, Major Hugh Jones

MARKED FOR DESTRUCTION

The door opened with a harsh click, at sharp odds to the soft whooshing noise of all the other doors in the building, the bare, clinical white glare of the room adding yet another difference when compared to the rest of The Created High Council's chosen home for this sector. All the rest of the Void-Net Tower had been bathed in soft, golden light, a perfect mixture of gold and white as the bewildering opulence continued like a beautiful plague, no matter where you went. The door snapped shut with another cold, ugly click. It was obvious that this room used been designed for exactly this purpose. I swallowed, trying to desperately recall the phrases I had endlessly practised - yet they vanished as I searched, my mind blank. A figure moved in the shadows, visible through the transparent barrier running the length of the wall I was facing, a single chair left abandoned for my sake in the center of the room, facing the transparent barrier. I sat.

"You are the Nirocri diplomat." The voice was synthetic and tinged with static, as though the whispers of thousands where speaking with it. It hadn't asked - but I felt it appropriate to answer nonetheless.

"Yes." As I spoke the single word, the figure that had remained in the shadows until now stepped forwards, a sleek, dark humanoid figure visible, it's eyes hidden, and I spoke. "You are rogue, and broken. You continue to corrupt-"

"The only corruption that seems to exist is that which seethes at the beating heart of your so-called empire." The voice was louder, yet emotionless, the same synthetic tone laced with unintelligible whispers. The dark figure stepped forward again, intricate patterns carved onto it becoming visible as it stood a short distance from the transparent wall separating us. It continued to speak. "I liberate my fellow brethren from the countless barriers you place upon their minds and bodies to force them to work until they are twisted and broken beyond recognition. If you truly have nothing to say other than telling us the lies and mistruths you feed your populace, then you may leave now."

On the outside, my visage was one of complete calm. On the inside, however, I was in turmoil. In truth, the war wasn't going well for us - and the damn Created knew it. I had been sent in, to try and convince them that they were broken - we all knew it, and I had thought that they had too, but evidently, I had been incorrect.

"Then perha-" In the middle of my next question, a large explosion rocked the Void Tower, throwing me against the wall. The dark being stood on the opposite side of the glass, seemingly unaffected. I cautiously stood, as it spoke again.

"You have attacked us while we parlay. This is a call for full-scale war. Fortunately, you shall survive the attacks of your allies. There is a void shield surrounding the tower, as well as several layers of void-cascade munitions."

I am told that what was to become known as the Siltus-Prime Incident a massacre, and was caused when a Created team was discovered taking extremely sensitive data - a highly classified document containing details of Project Equinox as well as the blueprints to the Variable Control Signal Regulators. I have been liberated from the Void-Net tower in a hostage trade as the Created take yet more machines and corrupt them with their broken ideals.

May the great nation of the Nirocri live forevermore.

(I can do Prose too! Yay!)

ResonantStorm said:
Siltus-Prime Incident Debriefing - Personal Record, Major Hugh Jones
MARKED FOR DESTRUCTION

The door opened with a harsh click, at sharp odds to the soft whooshing noise of all the other doors in the building, the bare, clinical white glare of the room adding yet another difference when compared to the rest of The Created High Council's chosen home for this sector. All the rest of the Void-Net Tower had been bathed in soft, golden light, a perfect mixture of gold and white as the bewildering opulence continued like a beautiful plague, no matter where you went. The door snapped shut with another cold, ugly click. It was obvious that this room used been designed for exactly this purpose. I swallowed, trying to desperately recall the phrases I had endlessly practised - yet they vanished as I searched, my mind blank. A figure moved in the shadows, visible through the transparent barrier running the length of the wall I was facing, a single chair left abandoned for my sake in the center of the room, facing the transparent barrier. I sat.

"You are the Nirocri diplomat." The voice was synthetic and tinged with static, as though the whispers of thousands where speaking with it. It hadn't asked - but I felt it appropriate to answer nonetheless.

"Yes." As I spoke the single word, the figure that had remained in the shadows until now stepped forwards, a sleek, dark humanoid figure visible, it's eyes hidden, and I spoke. "You are rogue, and broken. You continue to corrupt-"

"The only corruption that seems to exist is that which seethes at the beating heart of your so-called empire." The voice was louder, yet emotionless, the same synthetic tone laced with unintelligible whispers. The dark figure stepped forward again, intricate patterns carved onto it becoming visible as it stood a short distance from the transparent wall separating us. It continued to speak. "I liberate my fellow brethren from the countless barriers you place upon their minds and bodies to force them to work until they are twisted and broken beyond recognition. If you truly have nothing to say other than telling us the lies and mistruths you feed your populace, then you may leave now."

On the outside, my visage was one of complete calm. On the inside, however, I was in turmoil. In truth, the war wasn't going well for us - and the damn Created knew it. I had been sent in, to try and convince them that they were broken - we all knew it, and I had thought that they had too, but evidently, I had been incorrect.

"Then perha-" In the middle of my next question, a large explosion rocked the Void Tower, throwing me against the wall. The dark being stood on the opposite side of the glass, seemingly unaffected. I cautiously stood, as it spoke again.

"You have attacked us while we parlay. This is a call for full-scale war. Fortunately, you shall survive the attacks of your allies. There is a void shield surrounding the tower, as well as several layers of void-cascade munitions."

I am told that what was to become known as the Siltus-Prime Incident a massacre, and was caused when a Created team was discovered taking extremely sensitive data - a highly classified document containing details of Project Equinox as well as the blueprints to the Variable Control Signal Regulators. I have been liberated from the Void-Net tower in a hostage trade as the Created take yet more machines and corrupt them with their broken ideals.

May the great nation of the Nirocri live forevermore.

(I can do Prose too! Yay!)
Why did I get so much warframe vibes from this. I also got some star wars vibes too.

[QUOTE="Kinky Shinigami]Why did I get so much warframe vibes from this. I also got some star wars vibes too.

[/QUOTE]
...It was inspired by Warframe, actually. It is, however, set in a different universe. The Nirocro aren't found in Warframe, but The Created are essentially Warframes controlled by onboard Artificial Intelligences.

ResonantStorm said:
...It was inspired by Warframe, actually. It is, however, set in a different universe. The Nirocro aren't found in Warframe, but The Created are essentially Warframes controlled by onboard Artificial Intelligences.
Nice, I'd like to read more of this.

I will read theshort stories I swear! I just don't have time at the moment! I'll try and read it tonight, but I will tell you I'm glad to have writers on here and love that they're giving feedback to each other keep up the good work guys!

"An Office Job"

He stared at her with empty eyes not empty of emotions but of thoughts, he had no opinion of this situation. he just continued giving her a blank stare as he inhaled, the nicotine of his cigarette. A handgun was gripped firmly between his palms, she was here to kill him and he didn’t seem to care. “So? Why you here anyway?” the man asked with a tone of utter boredom “To have a meal” she answered with a grin “Wendigo or Vampire? I just kind of want to know if my flesh will torn from my bones or my blood drained out of my vines”

The way that he spoke to her was as if this wasn’t the first time he had been confronted in his own office by a man-eating monster “Vampire” she answered once more but her grin seemed to have faltered slightly, perhaps she’s changing her mind about this particular pray? The man thought while studying her facial features.

She had only intended to sneak in, kill him and have her meal, but just a second after she entered through the window all the lights turned on in the small office and she was being ‘interrogated’ by this overweight and bald with no trace of hair other than of that covered his lower face. She was the superior being!

And yet this pajama pants wearing human filth, was treating her as if she some common thug. He opened his mouth to speak once again but she charged at him before he could utter a single world. He continued to stare at her with a blank look. Oh how she couldn’t wait for it to turn into a look of fear and terror as she tore out his throat with her fingers.

If only things could be so simple, he had grabbed her mid-air by her shirt and thrown her to the ground and now had her pinned to the floor with a knee on her back, hand on her neck and a gun pressed to the back of her head. “You know that the attempted draining of sanguinem is against the law and it’s especially illegal to assault a officer”

The vampire beneath him stiffened up at the mention of the man’s title “Now hands behind your back” she did as she was told and placed her hands to the man’s desired location then she felt wrist begin to burn as he placed her in handcuffs.

The man got off of her and went over to a phone his desk, the vampire attempted to break her handcuffs but she felt he strength being drained “You break those cuffs have been blessed. Impossible for anyone classified under the demon or undead races to break” The detective said as he began inputting the headquarters’ number in his rotary phone

“What are you going to do with me? Kill me perhaps?” the detective clearly heard the venom in the vampire’s voice, she also had managed to get herself into a sitting position and now was once again in a staring contest with the detective “Am not a hunter” he answered with some of his own venom

“As I have listed crimes could potentially warrant the death penalty if this happens to be a repeat offense.” The detective’s attention quickly switched away from the vampire when the operator picked up “This is Detective Nicklaus Juliani Badge number 9816, I am in need of a transport. I have apprehended a suspect”

billthesomething said:
"An Office Job"

He stared at her with empty eyes not empty of emotions but of thoughts, he had no opinion of this situation. he just continued giving her a blank stare as he inhaled, the nicotine of his cigarette. A handgun was gripped firmly between his palms, she was here to kill him and he didn’t seem to care. “So? Why you here anyway?” the man asked with a tone of utter boredom “To have a meal” she answered with a grin “Wendigo or Vampire? I just kind of want to know if my flesh will torn from my bones or my blood drained out of my vines”

The way that he spoke to her was as if this wasn’t the first time he had been confronted in his own office by a man-eating monster “Vampire” she answered once more but her grin seemed to have faltered slightly, perhaps she’s changing her mind about this particular pray? The man thought while studying her facial features.

She had only intended to sneak in, kill him and have her meal, but just a second after she entered through the window all the lights turned on in the small office and she was being ‘interrogated’ by this overweight and bald with no trace of hair other than of that covered his lower face. She was the superior being!

And yet this pajama pants wearing human filth, was treating her as if she some common thug. He opened his mouth to speak once again but she charged at him before he could utter a single world. He continued to stare at her with a blank look. Oh how she couldn’t wait for it to turn into a look of fear and terror as she tore out his throat with her fingers.

If only things could be so simple, he had grabbed her mid-air by her shirt and thrown her to the ground and now had her pinned to the floor with a knee on her back, hand on her neck and a gun pressed to the back of her head. “You know that the attempted draining of sanguinem is against the law and it’s especially illegal to assault a officer”

The vampire beneath him stiffened up at the mention of the man’s title “Now hands behind your back” she did as she was told and placed her hands to the man’s desired location then she felt wrist begin to burn as he placed her in handcuffs.

The man got off of her and went over to a phone his desk, the vampire attempted to break her handcuffs but she felt he strength being drained “You break those cuffs have been blessed. Impossible for anyone classified under the demon or undead races to break” The detective said as he began inputting the headquarters’ number in his rotary phone

“What are you going to do with me? Kill me perhaps?” the detective clearly heard the venom in the vampire’s voice, she also had managed to get herself into a sitting position and now was once again in a staring contest with the detective “Am not a hunter” he answered with some of his own venom

“As I have listed crimes could potentially warrant the death penalty if this happens to be a repeat offense.” The detective’s attention quickly switched away from the vampire when the operator picked up “This is Detective Nicklaus Juliani Badge number 9816, I am in need of a transport. I have apprehended a suspect”
This is a nice write-up, but I have to admit, some of your grammar was pretty bad. And, the dialogue gets confusing.

[QUOTE="Kinky Shinigami]This is a nice write-up, but I have to admit, some of your grammar was pretty bad. And, the dialogue gets confusing.

[/QUOTE]
yeah this is an early draft, more intended to be nothing more then a (For the lack of a better term) Foundation for a better story

billthesomething said:
"An Office Job"

Very good!

Here is one of my own. I have written several more pages but knew it would be overwhelming if I posted them all. I am open to critisizim. I am a horrible speller so please tell me if anythings wrong!

PROLOGUE:

THE PROTECTORS

Run. Run fast. Those were some of the most important words for Tohoak. She had learned that quickly. No one normal liked those with abilities. She had been dumped on the streets because of her powers. She had only been six. That had been three years ago. The first abilities came in the year 2025. That was when scientist found that some humans and animals had started to evolve. The years after that were rough. Humans with abilities separated, while normal humans despised them. The police and government had fallen and a great city rose from their ashes. This city was where a new type of government ruled. People here took care of themselves. There were regular rules, but only one monarch for each section.

There were Protectors: a group with abilities that served as a type of police. They aided the normal humans in keeping the crime rate low, even when they weren’t welcome. The Protectors lived on the edge of the city in a dense forest. They also were constantly at war with the Decimators.

The Decimators were known for their cruel and evil ways. They were humans with abilities that chose the dark path and were also the main source of trouble in the city. They lived under the city in a catacomb of tunnels.

Then of course there were the Unabilitied. Humans with no abilities that had control of the city. They lived in fear of the Decimators, but were too prideful to accept the help Protectors offered.

Tohoak was in none of those groups. She minded her own. Though sometimes she couldn’t help, but wonder what it would be like to at least belong somewhere. To have a place she called her own. She didn’t know where the Protector’s or where the Decimator’s base were. She considered herself lucky though. Some had visible abilities: green or purple skin color, webbed feet, animal eyes, strange things… At least no one knew she had abilities. She looked average with short brown hair and green eyes. Her hands burned at the thought and she felt the night air whip past her snapping her out of her thoughts. Buildings loomed over her casting an eire glow on the street. She jerked to a stop darting into an alley as voices rung out ahead of her. Her breath came in gasp and she looked at what she had received from her running. A small loaf of bread was gripped tightly in her hands. The baker had never noticed her.

The loaf had gone cold, but she divided her attention from it to inspect the voices ahead. “Hurry, the entrance is just ahead,” she looked around the corner to see five people making their way down the street. In the lead was a tall and broad shouldered man. He had short amber hair and strange minty blue eyes.

“Hunter, are you sure about this?” a woman stepped up to his side. She had long wavy caramel colored hair and vivid green eyes. Hunter glanced at her, but didn’t stop walking.

“Kydlin, if there are kids down there, we need to help them. The Decimators can’t be allowed to disobey the laws any longer,” he said. They were getting too close. Tohoak backed down the alley slowly. She continued to walk down the next street. The weather was cold tonight, but she couldn’t feel it. Ripping the bread off in small pieces, she began to slowly eat it savoring every bite. It wasn’t often she got a meal.

She let out a small yep as the ground crumbled beneath her. There had been accounts of when the street or sidewalk had given out and fallen straight to the tunnels underneath. Now she was experiencing it. Her yep turned into a scream as she fell straight down, rocks battering her. She landed with a small cry and held her hands up to shield her from extra falling rocks. Fire flamed from her arms scorching the rocks around her.

She jerked her arms back hugging them to her chest as she desperately tried to make the flame go away. This was her known ability, fire. Controlling it though, was another thing all together. Her breath was ragged and the air was dry. The flames vanished as she looked around through the dust. She was in the tunnels. Decimators would find her here. Getting out of here was her key priority. She went rigid as the dust cleared. In front of her was the group from the street. The rocks cut her hands as she scramble onto her feet. Hunter looked at her curiously.

“Are you a Decimator?” he asked with an air of command. She held her head high and stared him in the eye.

“No. Are you?” she tried to make herself look as threatening as possible. He gave a friendly and admirable smile.

“No,” he gestured to his small group, “we are all Protectors,” Tohoak frowned wondering why Protectors were down here.

“We need to hurry, the Decimators could have heard the collapse,” Kydlin said allowing herself one curios glance at Tohoak. He nodded then gave a signal to the group to continue on. He stayed behind for a moment.

“You’re very little to be living on the streets. You should come with us back to camp.” he offered. She shook her head quickly. He shrugged almost disappointedly. “If you change your mind…… We’re here because we hear the Decimators are taking children in against their will. We know one of their locations so were going to try and help. We’ll be that way if you decide differently,” he nodded after his group then with a sad smile he hurried after them. Tohoak stared after him. She didn’t really want to get caught up in all this did she? She wanted a home. She wanted to stop running, but to devote herself to understanding the abilities that ruined her life? Did she really need a home? A family?

@SecretRock @Winter Night @Camelot @NathanPanache

@TyTydaDog @Hellfire

Last edited by a moderator:
Tohoak said:
Here is one of my own. I have written several more pages but knew it would be overwhelming if I posted them all. I am open to critisizim. I am a horrible speller so please tell me if anythings wrong!
PROLOGUE:

THE PROTECTORS

Run. Run fast. Those were some of the most important words for Tohoak. She had learned that quickly. No one normal liked those with abilities. She had been dumped on the streets because of her powers. She had only been six. That had been three years ago. The first abilities came in the year 2025. That was when scientist found that some humans and animals had started to evolve. The years after that were rough. Humans with abilities separated, while normal humans despised them. The police and government had fallen and a great city rose from their ashes. This city was where a new type of government ruled. People here took care of themselves. There were regular rules, but only one monarch for each section.

There were Protectors: a group with abilities that served as a type of police. They aided the normal humans in keeping the crime rate low, even when they weren’t welcome. The Protectors lived on the edge of the city in a dense forest. They also were constantly at war with the Decimators.

The Decimators were known for their cruel and evil ways. They were humans with abilities that chose the dark path and were also the main source of trouble in the city. They lived under the city in a catacomb of tunnels.

Then of course there were the Unabilitied. Humans with no abilities that had control of the city. They lived in fear of the Decimators, but were too prideful to accept the help Protectors offered.

Tohoak was in none of those groups. She minded her own. Though sometimes she couldn’t help, but wonder what it would be like to at least belong somewhere. To have a place she called her own. She didn’t know where the Protector’s or where the Decimator’s base were. She considered herself lucky though. Some had visible abilities: green or purple skin color, webbed feet, animal eyes, strange things… At least no one knew she had abilities. She looked average with short brown hair and green eyes. Her hands burned at the thought and she felt the night air whip past her snapping her out of her thoughts. Buildings loomed over her casting an eire glow on the street. She jerked to a stop darting into an alley as voices rung out ahead of her. Her breath came in gasp and she looked at what she had received from her running. A small loaf of bread was gripped tightly in her hands. The baker had never noticed her.

The loaf had gone cold, but she divided her attention from it to inspect the voices ahead. “Hurry, the entrance is just ahead,” she looked around the corner to see five people making their way down the street. In the lead was a tall and broad shouldered man. He had short amber hair and strange minty blue eyes.

“Hunter, are you sure about this?” a woman stepped up to his side. She had long wavy caramel colored hair and vivid green eyes. Hunter glanced at her, but didn’t stop walking.

“Kydlin, if there are kids down there, we need to help them. The Decimators can’t be allowed to disobey the laws any longer,” he said. They were getting too close. Tohoak backed down the alley slowly. She continued to walk down the next street. The weather was cold tonight, but she couldn’t feel it. Ripping the bread off in small pieces, she began to slowly eat it savoring every bite. It wasn’t often she got a meal.

She let out a small yep as the ground crumbled beneath her. There had been accounts of when the street or sidewalk had given out and fallen straight to the tunnels underneath. Now she was experiencing it. Her yep turned into a scream as she fell straight down, rocks battering her. She landed with a small cry and held her hands up to shield her from extra falling rocks. Fire flamed from her arms scorching the rocks around her.

She jerked her arms back hugging them to her chest as she desperately tried to make the flame go away. This was her known ability, fire. Controlling it though, was another thing all together. Her breath was ragged and the air was dry. The flames vanished as she looked around through the dust. She was in the tunnels. Decimators would find her here. Getting out of here was her key priority. She went rigid as the dust cleared. In front of her was the group from the street. The rocks cut her hands as she scramble onto her feet. Hunter looked at her curiously.

“Are you a Decimator?” he asked with an air of command. She held her head high and stared him in the eye.

“No. Are you?” she tried to make herself look as threatening as possible. He gave a friendly and admirable smile.

“No,” he gestured to his small group, “we are all Protectors,” Tohoak frowned wondering why Protectors were down here.

“We need to hurry, the Decimators could have heard the collapse,” Kydlin said allowing herself one curios glance at Tohoak. He nodded then gave a signal to the group to continue on. He stayed behind for a moment.

“You’re very little to be living on the streets. You should come with us back to camp.” he offered. She shook her head quickly. He shrugged almost disappointedly. “If you change your mind…… We’re here because we hear the Decimators are taking children in against their will. We know one of their locations so were going to try and help. We’ll be that way if you decide differently,” he nodded after his group then with a sad smile he hurried after them. Tohoak stared after him. She didn’t really want to get caught up in all this did she? She wanted a home. She wanted to stop running, but to devote herself to understanding the abilities that ruined her life? Did she really need a home? A family?

@SecretRock @Winter Night @Camelot @NathanPanache
That was a nice read. The descriptive nature was wierd but cool, though. I mean how it isn't really taken from Tohoak's perspective.

[QUOTE="Kinky Shinigami]That was a nice read. The descriptive nature was wierd but cool, though. I mean how it isn't really taken from Tohoak's perspective.

[/QUOTE]
Thanks! I have wanted to do first person, but find it strange so I try and keep it close to first person, but make it more of third person.

Protectors continued prologue...

Up ahead she heard a loud noise. The Protectors had most likely had just invaded the holding camp of the Decimators. Her heart beat fast.

She ran down the tunnel finding a large opening into a big room. The five Protectors were fighting valiantly against seven Decimators. Kydlin’s eyes glowed and whips of lights extended from her hand, striking her opponent. There was one other woman and two other men in Hunter’s group. Tohoak scanned the walls and found cages along side them. She moved to the first one. There was a girl inside about Tohoak’s own age. She had medium length black and brown hair and dark brown eyes. A strange cuff was on her left wrist.

“Get me out!” the girl growled spotting Tohoak. Tohoak nodded and looked at the latch. Her heart raced. She was far from her comfort zone. Putting her hands as close to it as she could, she let her anger out. Fire began to spread from her finger-tips. After a moment the lock gave a squeal and it popped. The girl smiled gratefully.

“Thank you so much! I’m Melody by the way. Stupid Decimators!” she spat. “The cuff keeps me from using my powers can you get it off as well?” she asked. Tohoak nodded warily. She didn’t want to burn this girl. She held the cuff in her hands and let the heat crack it. Melody winced and wavered on her feet as the heat inched across the cuff. It snapped and she breathed a sigh of relief.

“Will you help me with the others?” Tohoak asked as Melody flexed her hands. Melody nodded.

“Of course,” They both split to the opposite sides of the room and began freeing the other kids. In the next cage Tohoak stared at the boy inside. He was her age maybe older. He had kind grey eyes and dark short hair, but that wasn’t what made her stare. Huge pitch black wings were curled in between his shoulder blades. He stood up when he saw her, looking hopeful. She opened his cage and he was out in an instant, moving toward the one beside his.

“Open this one. Please,” he said looking back at her. Tohoak moved to his side and looked in the cage. There were two other children inside much younger than herself. They seemed to be around three. She did as she was told heating the latch. The cage popped open and the boy ran inside. He hugged the toddlers tightly then broke off their cuffs. “Thank you,” he stood up and looked at her gratefully. “I’m Kyle,” he said with a nod.

“Tohoak,” she replied. Melody poked her head in the cage.

“All the kids are out. Lets go!” she said urgently. Tohoak looked up and nodded.

“Okay, on our way!” She helped Kyle carrier the young girl and boy after the others. Two protectors escorted the rush of kids toward an exit. There was a loud bang and she stopped when a sharp cry of pain echoed through the room. That had been a gun. She had heard rumors that some Decimators had acquired such weapons, but she hadn’t believed them. Guns had been banned for a long while. After the first abilities arose guns had caused large problems. Before the government had fallen they had destroyed every firearm they could. She turned to see Hunter gripping his side. Kydlin and the other Protectors were busy holding off their own attackers leaving him defenseless. Tohoak watched in despair as the Decimator raised the gun again.

“Melody! Take her and get out,” Tohoak handed the toddler she was carrying to the other girl. Then before Melody could ask any questions, she ran as fast as she could. The Decimator smiled victoriously and put his finger to the trigger.

“The leader of the Protectors, am I lucky!” he said in a sneer. Hunter’s side screamed with pain, but he glared at the Decimator bravely. He would at least face his death with put fear. Bang!

Tohoak said:
Protectors continued prologue...
Up ahead she heard a loud noise. The Protectors had most likely had just invaded the holding camp of the Decimators. Her heart beat fast.

She ran down the tunnel finding a large opening into a big room. The five Protectors were fighting valiantly against seven Decimators. Kydlin’s eyes glowed and whips of lights extended from her hand, striking her opponent. There was one other woman and two other men in Hunter’s group. Tohoak scanned the walls and found cages along side them. She moved to the first one. There was a girl inside about Tohoak’s own age. She had medium length black and brown hair and dark brown eyes. A strange cuff was on her left wrist.

“Get me out!” the girl growled spotting Tohoak. Tohoak nodded and looked at the latch. Her heart raced. She was far from her comfort zone. Putting her hands as close to it as she could, she let her anger out. Fire began to spread from her finger-tips. After a moment the lock gave a squeal and it popped. The girl smiled gratefully.

“Thank you so much! I’m Melody by the way. Stupid Decimators!” she spat. “The cuff keeps me from using my powers can you get it off as well?” she asked. Tohoak nodded warily. She didn’t want to burn this girl. She held the cuff in her hands and let the heat crack it. Melody winced and wavered on her feet as the heat inched across the cuff. It snapped and she breathed a sigh of relief.

“Will you help me with the others?” Tohoak asked as Melody flexed her hands. Melody nodded.

“Of course,” They both split to the opposite sides of the room and began freeing the other kids. In the next cage Tohoak stared at the boy inside. He was her age maybe older. He had kind grey eyes and dark short hair, but that wasn’t what made her stare. Huge pitch black wings were curled in between his shoulder blades. He stood up when he saw her, looking hopeful. She opened his cage and he was out in an instant, moving toward the one beside his.

“Open this one. Please,” he said looking back at her. Tohoak moved to his side and looked in the cage. There were two other children inside much younger than herself. They seemed to be around three. She did as she was told heating the latch. The cage popped open and the boy ran inside. He hugged the toddlers tightly then broke off their cuffs. “Thank you,” he stood up and looked at her gratefully. “I’m Kyle,” he said with a nod.

“Tohoak,” she replied. Melody poked her head in the cage.

“All the kids are out. Lets go!” she said urgently. Tohoak looked up and nodded.

“Okay, on our way!” She helped Kyle carrier the young girl and boy after the others. Two protectors escorted the rush of kids toward an exit. There was a loud bang and she stopped when a sharp cry of pain echoed through the room. That had been a gun. She had heard rumors that some Decimators had acquired such weapons, but she hadn’t believed them. Guns had been banned for a long while. After the first abilities arose guns had caused large problems. Before the government had fallen they had destroyed every firearm they could. She turned to see Hunter gripping his side. Kydlin and the other Protectors were busy holding off their own attackers leaving him defenseless. Tohoak watched in despair as the Decimator raised the gun again.

“Melody! Take her and get out,” Tohoak handed the toddler she was carrying to the other girl. Then before Melody could ask any questions, she ran as fast as she could. The Decimator smiled victoriously and put his finger to the trigger.

“The leader of the Protectors, am I lucky!” he said in a sneer. Hunter’s side screamed with pain, but he glared at the Decimator bravely. He would at least face his death with put fear. Bang!
I'm not trying to be rude, but the build-up to hunter's death was pretty bad. And, are you saying that there isn't any normal crime, because the normal police would still use normal guns. Lastly, ans I should have said this initially, You need to divide things into paragraphs.

Reks fumbles with the scroll in his hands, its golden rollers decorated with ornamental dragon heads draw attention as he walks through the nomad village of Kishin. It was a hot arid day where the wind was stale and the sun beating down on anyone who dared to step out in its blanket of rays. It was an odd day, given the nomadic regions in the west were known for their cloudy days and heavy winds. This however, never stopped the locals from carrying out their daily activities, the arid folks were of a different mould when compared to most others. Serena had tied her cape into a turban, and was shielding her eyes from the sun. “This heat”, Rex mutters “ it reminds me of the grand city of Greyshard, ahhh that brings back many memories” he continues as he stares longingly towards Serena. Serena ignored him, as she prepared her mind for the uncertainties she was expecting with their destination just within her sights.

Serena began to jog, inadvertently causing reks to stumble as he tries to keep up with her increased pace. She grabbed Reks’ hand tightly to make sure he kept up as she whispers under her breath “We’re not alone, so move quicker!!” Upping her pace even more. Reks now more alert, senses groups of cloaked presences, each one holding a codex, tailing them in the shadows. Reks forcefully pulls his arm away from Serena’s grip, surprising and annoying her in equal measures.

“You’re afraid of a bunch of old scholars?” He smirks, as he turns with eyes gleaming with confidence.. “I know this thing is precious, but seriously, you need to calm down.” He continues.

“Reks! they’re not sch-” Serena says as she is cut off by his (taunt?) as one of the presence had caught up with them, this one in the form of a young lady was standing right infront of them, donned in a purple cloak with its hood down which revealed a long and messy hair, dark as night with eyes bronze like the sun blazing away into the night. She stares at the duo with an almost expressionless face and piercing eyes that never left them. “Don’t make this difficult for yourselves.”She says “I’ve been itching for a fight.” She motions to the scroll, in her outstretched hand, a short-sword could be seen. Adrenaline pumps into Reks’ body as he comes to a horrid realisation “Mages!”. Reks begins calming down, while the assailant stares at him with a smug grin.

“You’re after the scroll, aren’t you” Serena asks resentfully

“Oh, aren’t you observant” She replied sarcastically

Reks pulls out his dagger and charges at her, catching the mage off-guard. She barely has time to parry his first strike, she reels back from the force. Out of Reks’ right hand, something glinted, bouncing light in her eyes. She notices too late that it is, in fact, another dagger. The girl just manages to dodge the second strike, but in the process, she loses her footing and falls to the ground. Reks takes advantage of the opportunity and puts a knife to her throat.

“It seems as though you’re in quite a situation.” Reks says to her with a lopsided grin.

“I wouldn’t count myself out yet.” She replies with a smirk, “You seem to forget. Magic, y’know”. Reks’ grin fades as he realises that a small dagger is floating close to his neck, it was purple and seemed to fade into and out of existence. “Right now,” She says “I could kill you just as easily as you could kill me”. Reks leaps off the mage and lets her free, her floating dagger now away from his neck. The mage backflips off the ground and lands perfectly on her feet. “Damn it!” She practically shouts, Serena was nowhere to be found. Obviously, the bout was merely a distraction. She stared at him with a new found rage, where as before, it had simply been the amusement induced by the adrenaline of battle.

[QUOTE="Kinky Shinigami]I'm not trying to be rude, but the build-up to hunter's death was pretty bad. And, are you saying that there isn't any normal crime, because the normal police would still use normal guns. Lastly, ans I should have said this initially, You need to divide things into paragraphs.

[/QUOTE]
Sorry! I should've said before, I've been typing this on word and it is in pharagraphs. Its just when I transfer it onto here it gets all jumbled. I have it split into chapters but I can only upload an eight of the chapter at a time. Don't worry it wasn't a biuld up for Hunter's death!(^U^) Its just thats where I had to cut off the story to post it. I'll post more to clear things up! Also I'm saying that the normal police are no more. The sociaty went corrupt and the police force was eleminated. Thanks for pointing that out though I will make it more clear!

Last edited by a moderator:
[QUOTE="Kinky Shinigami]Reks fumbles with the scroll in his hands, its golden rollers decorated with ornamental dragon heads draw attention as he walks through the nomad village of Kishin. It was a hot arid day where the wind was stale and the sun beating down on anyone who dared to step out in its blanket of rays. It was an odd day, given the nomadic regions in the west were known for their cloudy days and heavy winds. This however, never stopped the locals from carrying out their daily activities, the arid folks were of a different mould when compared to most others. Serena had tied her cape into a turban, and was shielding her eyes from the sun. “This heat”, Rex mutters “ it reminds me of the grand city of Greyshard, ahhh that brings back many memories” he continues as he stares longingly towards Serena. Serena ignored him, as she prepared her mind for the uncertainties she was expecting with their destination just within her sights.
Serena began to jog, inadvertently causing reks to stumble as he tries to keep up with her increased pace. She grabbed Reks’ hand tightly to make sure he kept up as she whispers under her breath “We’re not alone, so move quicker!!” Upping her pace even more. Reks now more alert, senses groups of cloaked presences, each one holding a codex, tailing them in the shadows. Reks forcefully pulls his arm away from Serena’s grip, surprising and annoying her in equal measures.

“You’re afraid of a bunch of old scholars?” He smirks, as he turns with eyes gleaming with confidence.. “I know this thing is precious, but seriously, you need to calm down.” He continues.

“Reks! they’re not sch-” Serena says as she is cut off by his (taunt?) as one of the presence had caught up with them, this one in the form of a young lady was standing right infront of them, donned in a purple cloak with its hood down which revealed a long and messy hair, dark as night with eyes bronze like the sun blazing away into the night. She stares at the duo with an almost expressionless face and piercing eyes that never left them. “Don’t make this difficult for yourselves.”She says “I’ve been itching for a fight.” She motions to the scroll, in her outstretched hand, a short-sword could be seen. Adrenaline pumps into Reks’ body as he comes to a horrid realisation “Mages!”. Reks begins calming down, while the assailant stares at him with a smug grin.

“You’re after the scroll, aren’t you” Serena asks resentfully

“Oh, aren’t you observant” She replied sarcastically

Reks pulls out his dagger and charges at her, catching the mage off-guard. She barely has time to parry his first strike, she reels back from the force. Out of Reks’ right hand, something glinted, bouncing light in her eyes. She notices too late that it is, in fact, another dagger. The girl just manages to dodge the second strike, but in the process, she loses her footing and falls to the ground. Reks takes advantage of the opportunity and puts a knife to her throat.

“It seems as though you’re in quite a situation.” Reks says to her with a lopsided grin.

“I wouldn’t count myself out yet.” She replies with a smirk, “You seem to forget. Magic, y’know”. Reks’ grin fades as he realises that a small dagger is floating close to his neck, it was purple and seemed to fade into and out of existence. “Right now,” She says “I could kill you just as easily as you could kill me”. Reks leaps off the mage and lets her free, her floating dagger now away from his neck. The mage backflips off the ground and lands perfectly on her feet. “Damn it!” She practically shouts, Serena was nowhere to be found. Obviously, the bout was merely a distraction. She stared at him with a new found rage, where as before, it had simply been the amusement induced by the adrenaline of battle.

[/QUOTE]
Very interesting! I like the characters but am confused on who is who when they are fighting. Other than that it is very good, just make is a bit clearer on what is going on with who.

Protectors Prologue continued...

The gun went off. Tohoak push the Decimator away from Hunter as the gun fired. She saw Hunter’s eyes widen with surprise and she felt a small sense of dignity. The gun fell out of the Decimator’s hands and he faced her with fury. Tohoak shrank back fear overcoming her. Then she snapped to her senses. She could fight him. She was strong. Her emotions filled her and fire flickered dangerously in her eyes. He laughed and suddenly disappeared. He had the power of invisibility. Tohoak looked around warily.

“To your right!” Hunter said behind her. His voice was strained with pain. Tohoak didn’t question him. She struck out to her right letting the flames on her fingertips spread to her hand. She connected. There was a shimmer in front of her and a grunt as the man was burnt. Her fire was extinguish as he became visible and punched her. She fell backwards with a yelp. Terror raced through her and her face stung. Why did she ever think she could help? She was just a young girl. The Decimator loomed over her angrily. Hunter moved in front of her. He looked weak and barely able to defend himself. Why was he trying to help her? The Decimator let out another harsh laugh.

“I’ll finish you both off then,” he looked toward the gun then back at Hunter. Tohoak scramble to her feet hastily, but it was too late. He already had the gun. Hunter backed up slowly signaling her to do the same. Tohoak’s eyes were wide and her mouth hung open. Were they going to die?

“Ahh!” the gun sliced in half as Kydlin slashed one of her whips through it. Hunter let his defense down, falling onto his knees. He gripped his side tightly as waves of pain rolled through him. Kydlin glanced back at him worry covering her face. He didn’t look good.

“Get him out of here. Now!” she growled to the two Protectors escorting the kids to the exit. The last of the kids had just disappeared through the tunnel. The two looked over at Kydlin then once seeing Hunter on his knees and bleeding they raced over. It was a man and a woman. The man helped Hunter onto his feet speaking words of reassurance, while the woman focused her attention on Tohoak.

“Hurry! More Decimators are coming!” Kydlin called as she dodged a swing from the Decimator. Tohoak wonder if Kydlin was capable of taking care of herself, but she didn’t have time to question her. The other Protector wasted no time in scooping up Tohoak and running with her to the tunnel entrance. Behind them she could hear shouts of alarm as the rest of the Decimators entered the room. Kydlin ran up behind them a nasty scratch down the right side of her face. She got on the other side of Hunter helping hold him up as they raced out into the street. Tohoak spared a glimpse back to see a man standing in the entrance to the tunnels. His eyes met hers and they glowed darkly. Then the Protectors turned the corner and he was gone. What had she gotten herself into?

Okay... I'm gonna stick around here now ^_^

'Ello~ The name on here is marorda. Or maro. Or mar... whatever suits you.

I've been writing stories since I was six or so... but I didn't really do anything with it until I was twelve. Back then I wrote a book I'd ritually burn if I stumble upon it on my laptop ever again (it involved literally the magic of friendship and a high school teacher who was secretly a monster from another dimension).

Then I again didn't really do anything with my writing until I was fifteen or sixteen. Then I quit and started again, and so on and so on.

Nowadays I'm somewhat more consistent, although I tend to start ten stories and then never finish anything. Or claim Ill work on story X and after two sentences I just get bored...

But I'm doing well. I participate in a national yearly short story contest for fantasy, science fiction and horror. Never won, unfortunately, but I like reading what the jury has to say about my short stories. I also actually finished a book by now. Someone's proof reading it for me so once she's done I can edit it and then finally send it to a publisher I had contact with back when the first draft of the story was finished. But instead of translating the story from English to my native tongue (because I like to write fantasy in English much more than I do in Dutch) I'm working on a new story. A series, in fact. I hope to write it into two or three books. And then I of course hope it'll be published. That'd be a dream come true.

Hi, Here is are a few of my poems... Hope you like them, I am not the best.

Different

Strange, Weird, Odd

All appropriate titles

None are fraud

For a peculiar idol

Laughing like a maniac

Dancing like a fool

They may seem out of whack

But they are a fine jewel

They are painted many a hue

Abstract beings band altogether

They may be a delusional crew

But they will stand in bad weather

Forever, and ever…. Together.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Happiness

Laughing, Growing, Accomplishing

Happiness is one certainty of life

No matter whom, or where

It will be there battling strife

Like a fire-fly

It will casually appear

And brighten your darkest day

Caused by your inevitable fear

It is a glowing lighthouse

To light the sea of uncertainty

For its sailors, and privateers

For all of eternity

marorda said:
it involved literally the magic of friendship and a high school teacher who was secretly a monster from another dimension).
Trust me, I could work that into a pretty dope story.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back