• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Write with me! Looking for a partner for brainstorming/role-play

basics

First things first, if you want to role-play with me, I must ask for some patience and flexibility. I have not role-played in a long time. I also do not have much time to role-play—perhaps a post on Thursday, Friday, and a bit more on the weekdays. If that will not work for you, I wish you luck on your search.
If you are willing to lend me some patience, here are a few more things to consider: I am willing to play male or female characters. I am also willing to play multiple characters. I am flexible and willing to brainstorm. I have role-play ideas in a post below, and if you want to mix and match those, take them apart, tweak them, turn them on their heads, I'm sure we can work on something together. You can pitch me any ideas or anything you've been craving or wanting to try. As to my actual writing abilities, they'll probably be really rusty. If at any point in time you just think to yourself, "This is terrible. I don't want to have a part of this anymore," just inform me, and again, I'll wish you luck in your future role-playing endeavors.
I sense you'll have an idea of my grasp of English grammar just based on this post. I don't care much for rigid, prescriptive rules as long as you make sense. Go ahead and end sentences with prepositions or start them with "and" or split your infinitives as long as you capitalize and punctuate properly and keep consistent tense. I do have one pet peeve, though, that tends to be common in many role-plays: cramming dialogue into one paragraph. Please start a new paragraph every time the speaker changes.
My post length varies widely, and I won't apologize for it. Introductory posts will be longer (500+ words) and so will posts that have similar introductory purposes (setting up new scenes, new characters, establishing past events, etc). More interactive posts will be shorter (200-300 words). Dialogue will most likely be extremely short, unless my character feels like monologuing. (I don't see the point of these being long. Natural human conversation is naturally fragmentary and highly interactive.) As a general rule, more interactive posts are shorter and less interactive posts will be longer.

preferences/ideas

Off limits:
  • Angels and demons as characters. These are specifically angels and demons of the Judeo-Christian variety. If you're using the word "demon" just as a general term for monsters/spirits, those are okay.
  • Modern high school settings. High school aged characters are okay, but I'm not role-playing attending classes
  • Mind control powers

Onto things I actually want to do. If I don't mention something you want to do—and it doesn't include the above—please go ahead and pitch it to me.

• adventure
  • power struggles
  • one-sided admiration
  • Time lines:
    • ancient (think Greek/Roman)
    • medieval
    • renaissance
  • Fandom: Hunter x Hunter, Kiesha'ra Series, Midnighters Series (I'll only play OCs)
General Plot/Character Ideas

Please note that pronouns used are the preferred gender for that character, but I am willing to change them

• A kingdom in which the royal family's main claim to power/authority is the mask of a god. The mask gives its holder certain abilities. Nobility also have masks of other subordinate gods/goddesses
  • Fairy abduction
  • Living Lie Detector: someone who can sense not only if someone is directly lying, but also if they are trying to deceive others. Perhaps she will be a royal adviser or something along those lines.
  • Obsessed: someone who is completely taken by another character. Either a character who will take on a servant role (think Sam to Frodo), or someone who is willing to guard and support someone of technically inferior status.
    • A princess/noble lady on an adventure with her handmaiden who she greatly admires
  • Unprepared for War: a young lady for some reason has great powers in which she is completely untalented and untrained. She is obligated by duty to use them for good/save the kingdom/save the world and is helped along by someone technically less powerful (though still powerful by their own right) but vastly more talented and trained.

Last edited:
I'd love to just brainstorm if you have the time! Feel free to send me message.

I'd love to just brainstorm if you have the time! Feel free to send me message.

Definitely, though, I don't have 10+ posts under me to be able to message you. Let me get up to that number, and we can discuss more later when I'm off work. By the way, I looked at your thread earlier, and would be willing to play your man if you're interested.

Fairy abduction is a nifty angle. What sort of thing did you have in mind for that? Sidhe? Or all manner of mythological stuff? Red Caps? Kappas? Phoukas? I'm sort of a Celtic/English Mythology nerd. If you wanted to brainstorm, I would be game. I am in the same boat as you - I like talking back and forth about ideas, but I don't churn out multiple posts per day - usually 1-3 a week, depending. If you think we might be an alright fit, let me know and I can shoot you a message.

Fairy abduction is a nifty angle. What sort of thing did you have in mind for that? Sidhe? Or all manner of mythological stuff? Red Caps? Kappas? Phoukas? I'm sort of a Celtic/English Mythology nerd. If you wanted to brainstorm, I would be game. I am in the same boat as you - I like talking back and forth about ideas, but I don't churn out multiple posts per day - usually 1-3 a week, depending. If you think we might be an alright fit, let me know and I can shoot you a message.

To be honest, I don't have any developed ideas on that one. I just remember the concept from a book I had read. I'm not knowleadgeable about the mythology though definitely interested. I just like the idea of fairies being these amoral immortal beings with their own rules being attracted to mortal beauty. And yes, please, I'd appreciate it if you can send me a message.

Hello!!
So all your ideas sound really intriguing to me. I have played a lie detector character before and it was great and would love to do it again. The magic mask idea is really up my alley- I love magic masks as a trope a lot. I played in Zelda rps with Majora Mask settings a lot when I was younger. I have a creative writing degree but I will be honest my on the fly typing is terrible. But when I have time edit its not a problem. Your interested in less rapid fire rping so that's perfect for me! I really like the power dynamics you have going in all your ideas and I do love romance I have some pretty firm personal boundaries that could disappoint.
Gosh responding to these threads is always weird and hard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back