• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Worlds of War (Open and still Accepting Profiles!)

Halith shook her head in disbelieve. "No your wrong your wrong. The current star date was 123678 when I fell asleep it can't be that far in the future now!" She said to him before she looked to the drink with a frown then slowly brought it to her lips. It barely touched her tongue before her eyes went wide and she threw the cup away coughing heavily at the horrid taste of the drink. She hated it, it burned her tongue and lips and tasted horrible. How could they drink something like this?! She didn't have this stuff on orakin.

Then she slowly she met his eyes with hers a look of loss and sadness in her eyes as she spoke. "What are the coordinates for this planet?" She asked him.

@Andraus

@HighSanguinaryPriest

Last edited by a moderator:
Adara would look over towards the woman acting fantic in the corner. Her eyes would just begin a scan of her, and found....nothing. She'd blink once, as they'd vanish, before speaking up. "Current location is Sabhado, City of Bones. You are standing upon the world of High Chancellor Adara Von Arcadia, who is also the de facto leader of the Separatist Federation. My name is Troy Conners, leader of the Specter Survivors of Larvae Sanctaurii. "She said, before pressing a button on her wrist, as she began repairing the droid.

"
Planetary coordinates, We are in the.....Apotheoses Ring, X- 416, Y- -505. Sadly, ma'am, they're correct. The year, in standard time, is 2567 A.F. From what I'm guessing, you were in Cryogenic-sleep? So, let me be the first to welcome you to the future....our future, or whats left of it." Adara said, before she continued the repairs.

"
Jesus.....circuitry is complete fried, shield generator is fucked, the plating needs to be redone, and the voice module on this is probably busted...." She said, before ditching the repairs completely. She had enough to keep it running, but to do the serious over-hall it needed? She'd need to take it back to the Justiciar, or some place she had proper tools. "Unit- Reactivate. Damage report for your mobile platform? Severe degradation in all major sections. Small-scale repairs complete, but you'll need to return with me so system overhaul can be done.....oh, wait!" She said, before pulling something out. It was a @Blitz

@HighSanguinaryPriest

"Shall we eat?"

"Hm, I wasn't planning on just staring at my meal until it disappeared, if that's what you're asking." The tip of his tail flicked as he leaned across the table, taking a moment to close his eyes and sniff at the air. Thick with the scent of flesh, obviously - but it was swathed in a coarse, dry garnish. Pepper, garlic, chillis loaded atop the small mountain of steaks.

He plucked the topmost piece from the stack and took a huge bite out of it - cutting the piece in half in a single tear and turning his gaze toward Toriel and the ... droid? Robot? Automaton? He wasn't sure what to think of it. She seemed to be occupied with ... doing something or another with it.

"Have you tried plugging it in at-?"

"Excuse me...Kagin, wasn't it?"

"Hm?" He tilted his head, tossing another steak into his mouth.

"I need you to please send a message to someone in the Consortium"

... aren't you an admiral of a super high-tech fleet? Can't you-

"Your boss, Nikata."

Oh.

Ooooooooh ...

"Tell him to come to Sabhado immediately. If he doesn't want to come, tell him this message 'Toriel is cashing in her favor for Telvarius VII.' He'll understand what I mean."

"Wooo ..." He gave a long sigh and hung his head. He instinctively looked to his side - and remembered that Anthony had left several minutes earlier when business had concluded. He was alone on this one.

Steeling himself, he grabbed another handful of steaks and shoved them into his mouth - making sure to enjoy they as he fished a small semi-transparent device from a hidden pocket somewhere, flicking his thumb across the surface.

Visibly slumping, he propped an elbow on the table in front of him, holding the ComPad a little to the side of his cheek - within range of his ear and the voice modulator at his throat.

"What?"

"Someone wants to see you."

"You better not be interrupting me because "someone wants to see me". Give me some goddamn details."

"Toriel. The Admi-"

"I know who Toriel is. Tell her she can schedule something around my time."

"She's calling in a favor. Telvarius seven."

"... alright. Where?"

"Don't give me that, I know you're tracking my call."

"Until you prove you're worth otherwise, I'll give you whatever I feel."

A pause.

"I'm on my way."

The device flickered off.

"Charming fellow." Kagin sighed as he replaced the device in his pocket. "He didn't give a time - that means he'll be here within half an hour, unless something goes wrong. Apparently if you can't wait half an hour, you never really wanted it in the first place. Though you might need to give him an extra five minutes to kick the crap out of me first."

He spoke in jest - but Arcturus making random violent assaults wasn't exactly a rare thing. Hell, Kagin could do with a good scrap - that was half the reason he made an attempt to piss Arcturus off. Sure, they usually ended with Kagin on the ground and bleeding from someplace or another - but hell if it didn't make him feel energetic.

Where Alike led the alien man was likely a disappointment to him. He would soon learn the elf was no true tribal elf. The two walked along in silence and in no longer than a half hour they arrived at the campsite. The site was shrouded by a wall of tall trees, and towards the center of the place a circular fire pit was dug into the ground. A river was flowing next to the site, and parked on the river bank was a large RV. There were several satellite dishes attached to the roofing, and the vehicle was wrapped in tropical camouflage.

"This is it", she said as she unlocked the door to the RV. She climbed into it and gestured for Alexei to follow after her. Inside the RV it was cluttered but spacious enough for the two of them to remain comfortable. There were was a leather couch set with a wide tv screen mounted to the walls before it. Scattered about the interior of the RV were various devices. There were several computer monitors, and displaying on one was what looked like a GPS transmission of the rain forest. Marked by a bright yellow dot was their exact location.

Alika started a pot of coffee and disappeared into the small back bedroom of the RV. When she returned she was no longer dressed in her traditional garb. Her face was freshly washed of the butterfly mask, and she wore a white ribbed tank top with a pair of navy blue tactical pants. At her hip was a holster and pistol along with a badge. Mounted next to the computers was a bulletin board with a paper map of the forest. She stuck a red tack into the location the trap was found before pouring two cups of coffee.

She took a seat at the couch and offered him the a cup, "Coffee?"

After adding cream and sugar to her cup and decided to tell the silent being more about herself. "I'm an environmental protection agent of the Terran theocracy", she explained, revealing that Alexei had stumbled across and governmental agent of the land.

A look of complete and utter shock overtook Vesper's features, which soon melted into one of anger. Taking a breath, he forced himself to calm down. "Just a bit of advice, When someone of mine or Eleyna's culture offers you a drink and you toss it away, you better be ready to have your ass beat down." he said with a scowl before taking a sip from his glass, his anger slowly melting away as the alcohol did it's job. "I don't care what era you are from or whether or not you were born with a silver spoon in your mouth, it's rude and extremely insulting. I will forgive this faux pas this once. Plus, that was 180 year old brandy from my homeworld." he explained now completely calm. the same could not be said for Eleyna though, as she glared at the alien woman. "Now that that is out of the way, why don't you tell us where you're from, what year you were put into stasis, and all that other fun stuff?"

@Daniel reaving

[border][/border][border]
[/border]
[border]
[/border]
[border]

The 'eyes' slowly started to glow a light shade of yellow, a light hum as it Reboots.

Panzer twitched slightly , before it's torso stood straight and it's arms fell onto it's side once more.

The creak of the rust is almost silent.

"Roger , System check-"

It's voice rang out from the bottom of the neck,

It paused for a second , freezing in place.

"System- Memory- DAMAGED

Wire Section A - REPAIRED

Wire Section B - DAMAGED

Armor plating integrity 40%

Voice-Box A -REPAIRED

Weapon SYS/AMMO - OUT OF AMMO

Recommended S.O.S. CALL- ERROR-SYS BLOCK SYS FILE NOT FOUND.

System at risk , rebooting for system repair

WARNING, SYS CACHE/REPAIR NOT FOUND. Restarting-"

It's head twitched slightly , the yellow light slowly started again in the eyes, Panzer then repeated it's self.

"System- Memory- DAMAGED

Wire Section A - REPAIRED

Wire Section B - DAMAGED

Armor plating integrity 40%

Voice-Box A -REPAIRED

Weapon SYS/AMMO - OUT OF AMMO

Recommended S.O.S. CALL- ERROR-SYS BLOCK SYS FILE NOT FOUND."

The memory unit was probably damaged as well,

@Andraus

[/border]

In order for you to be the hero to some, you have to be a villain to others...Sometimes, bad things are done with good intentions.
H.R.P. Oraclianna

proxy.php

Oraclianna remained slightly as the male introduced himself and invited her to a pub. She nodded once before following him to the pub. Once she was in, she could see most of the people were talking among themselves and to him. She blinked against as her eyes shimmered, taking in everything before walking over to a chair sat down. She crossed her legs and relaxed a bit. listening to the conversations going around the table, humming softly and quietly as she started playing with the small scarf on her hip.

Her eyes continued shimmering, looking through the timestream as she just observed them. Watching their actions and reaction coming on cue, with some delays. Oraclianna closed her eyes, listening to the conversations as she continued being relaxed and collected.

Alexei followed wordlessly.. though he tried to make some kind of noise when he saw her camp, to no avail. It looked... well, it certainly did not look tribal. It was surprisingly human, to Alexei.

He obliged her offer of coffee, reaching behind his helm to twist the decompression valve, accentuated by a brief blast of steam. Then, he removed his helm.. exposing his tan, stubbled face, and somewhat long black hair. His eyes opened up, breathing in the native Terran air.. he could practically inhale thr chlorophyll.

It made a little more sense now.. Alexei had contacted a government agent, it explained the modern setup.. but it didnt pardon the tribal cosplay. The next thing that rolled through Alexei's mind.. knowing she had revealed herself.. she'd either reprimand him for dropping his pod in the wilderness, or commend him for rescuing the spirits. Maybe both.. figuring he'd have a few questions to answer, Alexei absentmindedly looked around for something to write with.. his ears still trained to listen to the environmental protection agent.

@Enuky K

In front of the leather couch was a low sitting coffee table. Alika took a small sip of her coffee and placed the cup there. Alexei soon joined her and she was pleased when he accepted the cup of coffee. She watched him closely as he removed his mask; it blew his hair around as he did so. When the man placed his helmet to the side, Alika took another sip of her coffee.

She waited a long moment while staring at him attentively, wondering what else he could need. The man seemed to be searching for something... This was when it finally clicked to Alika. His silence and unusual behavior was perhaps because the man was mute. Now Alika joined him in his search for a communication medium, but instead of gathering paper and pen Alika crossed the RV and returned with a cell phone.

She opened the cell phone up to a text reader app, and slid the device across the table where it stopped in front of Alexei.

"Why don't you tell me about yourself? You're a ways away from home...", she commented. She predicted the man was simply lost.

. . .

Roanoke returned to his high chair shortly after the appearance of Adara and Troy. The small boy was concerned about the possibility of losing his seat, and he wasn't sure now how many more unexpected guests there could be. The nature spirit couldn't make himself remain still though. He was jittery and hyper; it looked almost more like a caffeine high.

It was then that Kagin began placing a phone call, causing the jittery spirit to turn his gaze back to him. He observed curiously while he talked, and although it did not appear so Roan could understand his conversation. He gathered there would soon be another guest arriving, and he was not enthused. He did not care for the company of so many.

Roan shifted in his seat and peered around the restaurant. Perhaps it would be time for him to take his leave soon. H

Alexei took up the Elf's offer.. giving her a faint smile as he acceptes the phone. He was no stranger to technology, he knew how to use it, and use it effectively. Tap tap tap away he did, and after about two minutes, he handed the phone back to Alika. This was what it said.

Name is Alexei. I am a freelance mercenary. Came to Terran on the claim of bounties for illegal traffickers, hence why I was trying to help those critters. When I get my bounty money I'll contact a friend to get me off the planet.

He proceeded to sip on the coffee, watching her.. as she'd read it. They spoke the same language.. so maybe it wasn't necessary to speak Elvish. Thank goodness, Alexei thought. He couldnt speak a lick of Elvish, and could barely read it. As much as Alexei wanted to clear the air on the Elvish stereotypes he was putting to the test.. he decided not to. Though mentally he was crossing off a list.

• Tree-hugging druids and hippies.
  • Eats children.
  • Can use a bow snd arrows effectively.
  • Can use magic.
  • Hates humans... for some reason.

Alexei had only struck one of his stereotypes down.. for this modern setup had him decided that this Elf was no nature-loving druid.. Just a woman doing her job.

Halith coughed for about two minuets at the horrid drink before she spoke breathing heavily. "I am sorry I offended your culture but my people do not drink such fowl drinks. It was your fault for offering it to me and not expecting that outcome from me." She said before she looked to the woman with a slight frown as she showed hesitance to speak of her home before she decided these people could help. "I am from the world of orakin. My father sent me into stasis around 123678 approximately a million years after my birth." She told them softly as she looked down a little. Truly she felt ashamed for offending the two people with the drink but in her 2 million years alive she had never had such a fowl drink. She was not made to consume that so it was mostly there fault, but then again they did not know what she was. The only thing they would know for sure would be the legends of orakin.

@HighSanguinaryPriest

Vesper looked at her perplexed for a moment after doing a search on his taccom before he responded. "I'm sorry to say, but our people have no record of your homeworld." he said before taking another sip of the strong liquer. He then shared a look with Eleyna as if they were having a silent conversation. After a couple of moments they both nodded. "Well since you shared, it's only fair that we reciprocate." The Illustrati man said before standing. "I am Major Vesper Aurel, Commanding officer and leader of Squad Alpha JST's, or Juggernaut Shock Troopers. This lovely waman beside me" he said gesturing to Eleyna who raised her middle finger to him in what most would consider a rude gesture. "Is my second in command, Captain Eleyna Aurel. The others behind me are Caesar Aurel, Koneko Aurel, and Lief Aurel." Vesper said introducing each of his squadmates. "And before you ask, none of us are related. Upon joining the JST's they took up my Ser name as of tradition." He explained before Eleyna stepped in to explain further.

"Due to our Augemnts, and training, we JSTs form a familial bond, and thus shed our old ser name to share our commander's. In fact, Aurel is not his original ser name." She explained, before being cut off by Vesper with a kick to the shin. "Sorry Sir..."

"It's fine Eleyna...Now, let's get you a drink that you can handle. Any taste preference? Sweet, Bitter, Dry? We know Complex is out of the question." he said changing the subjest as he waved a waitress over this time. She was a young Felinae Minus woman, around her early sixties, probably her first or second job. "Before we came here to Sabhado, were were part of a RAID group." he said keeping them away from the clearly sore subject.

"The Rapid Assault and Intercept Deployment, or RAID, is an elite special forces group second only to the Crusaders. We were the first ones to go into battle, and the only ones to play with all the fun toys while wreaking havoc on our enemies. I'm sure I speak for all of Alpha when I say, We would rather be back in RAID than stationed here as glorified body guards for Ambassador Raakel." She explained getting a "Hoo Rah" from the other three behind them.

@Daniel reaving

Alika waited patiently while the human man tapped away at the cellular device. When he returned the phone to her she maintained her friendly expression, but inside his message concerned her. It just didn't add up.

Alika was experienced in her line of work, and never had she heard of bounties being placed on the heads of hunters. Indeed, the only entity Alika knew of that aimed to punish traffickers was her own employer: the government. The environmental protection agency was poorly funded at that. There was significantly more money to be earned in the business of capturing nature spirits than in protecting them.

For this, Alika's senses were heightened and she became suspicious of him. However, she showed no outward signs of this as she did not wish to raise alarm to him.

"Well isn't that... interesting", she said as she placed the phone back down. She leaned back in the couch, "and I'm sure you won't have any trouble proving to me you have the proper licensure to bounty hunt on protected land...".

She paused to take a sip of her coffee before adding, "because otherwise that sounds highly illegal". He appeared to be travelling to and fro a regulated area with no regulation, and this was a major red flag to the elf. She placed her cup back on the table and crossed right leg over her left knee. Smiling, she awaited his explanation.

"W-well that's no surprise but we can find it. Do you have a map of the galaxy?" She asked them before listening to there words and flinching a little at the loud hoo rah then frowned. "So none of you are able to help me?" She asked then quietly. A look of sadness slipped over her face as she looked down slightly In sadness. She felt lost now, wit no money for a ship, no knowledge of this tech they all used and no idea how to get home, she felt like a lost puppy with no idea what to do

@HighSanguinaryPriest

Alexei quirked an eyebrow at the Elf's response. She wanted paperwork. Of course.. Alexei thought. He knew this would come up. Luckily, he was prepared. A tinge in his mind told him that he shouldnt mention the USH to her, but... He had to remind himself. He was far more well-armed than this Elf appeared to be. If push came to shove.. he could just shoot her. He held up his arm, and pushed a few glowy bits on it.. and a hologram initiated from his arm. It was his "bounty hunting contract", from the United Socialist Hegemony. It was a bit long and filled with fluff words.. but its purpose was simple enough; a full provisional license to hunt Hegemony bounties across governed and ungoverned space. Alexei thought of a few things, as he expected to Elf to look over his "license." firstly that he wouldnt be caught as aligning with the Hegemony themselves just because they "pay him to take care of bad men." He had given no indication that he was an actual soldier of the Hegemony. Second.. would this Elf girl have the audacity to actually oppose the Hegemony? He figured there would be some dire consequences for screwing with a paid contract.. and in secret, their own soldier. It was starting to grow difficult to determine which of Alexei's lives were the real one..

Shaking that thought away, Alexei looked to Alika, and gave her a raised eyebrow. As though to ask if these credentials were good enough.

Alika looked carefully over his credentials, and knew right away that these failed to reach the legal requirements of Terran. The agent was an expert in Terran laws, and the Terran government rarely allowed any un-elven races to trek Terran forests unsupervised. Further, it would not be within the United Socialist Hegemony's power to discern who can collect bounties found on Terran soil. The elven woman could see that something was amiss with this man, and if what he was saying was true then the USH had overstepped its political boundaries. Either way, this man was an illegal alien and trespasser to the elf. In order for it to be legal he would have to have proper licenses officiated by the Peacekeepers Theocratic Confederacy, Terran's governing body. These were sacred Terran lands, after all.

However, the elf was aware of her disadvantage in weaponry and size. Instead of drawing attention to her suspicions, she smiled and nodded. "Very well, I see you have the right qualifications", she said. She would go along with this man's lies for now, and would be careful not to give him any idea he was pending arrest.

The elf shifted in her seat to make herself more comfortable. She spoke to him, "why don't you tell me about the suspect you are in pursuit of; I might be able to help you locate him. I have been documenting trap locations for quite some time..."

Alexei merely nodded.. He didnt really trust this Elf. At the same time he couldnt feel obligated to trust anyone. His gut seemed to twitch and constrict.. he felt an urge to attack. Though he witheld it. Now she wanted to know the trappers he was looking for. He shook his head. He had a full database of them. He swiped the glowy bits on his arm to the right, and narrowes his databanks to "Terran". There were about 15 entries, though the ones he would be paid for most were at the top.

Isheek Destoro - 20000 credits.

Maybury Pylenti - 12000 credits.

Nydeline Denteit - 10000 credits.

Vrooka Nowbabow - 10000 credits.

Hal "OrkBork" Nony - 8000 credits.

Luigi Sensoo - 5000 credits.

Most of these people had similar charges of Illegal Trafficking.. but there were more tacked on, like Terrorism, Conspiring against the Hegemony, Mass Murder, Theft of Hegemony vehicles and equipment, as well as fleeing arrest.

Alexei only recognized two names by experience.. the top two. Isheek was once a native Terran, but started using magic to kill everyone and become a terrorist.. Isheek was just an enemy to everyone at this point. Maybury was a bad egg too.. having tried to sell captured Nureal to the Hegemony, then blowing up their stations when they turned them down. Would Alika recognize any of these names?

Seeing the down trodden look, Vesper spoke up. "We never said that." he replied with a smirk. "Command owes me a few favors, and my squad and I have about twenty years leave time. I think we can work something out." he said relaxing into his chair a bit before finishing off his drink. "But, no good deed goes unrewarded." he added his features taking on a serious look, before looking to his second in command.

"If we are to help you, then you must first sign yourself on into the Republic's military for a minimum of twenty five years. This will ensure you are under our command, and therefore no longer a liability. On top of that, it will make you a citizen, giving you the right to vote and run for leadership." Eleyna explained as simply as possible.

"You will be placed in harms way under us, but you will also be given the best training and gear, along with a few augments thrown in to make you even deadlier, and up your survivability. Should you accept these terms, we will begin immediately." Vesper finished as the rest of Alpha surrounder the table.

"No." She said immediately to there terms. "I will not fight in a war that is not mine, I have bigger matters to deal with. Plus I have no need to be a citizen of your world, I have my own world I must did and look after. But..... I can offer something else if we find my planet..... I can offer our knowledge and technology." She told them with dead seriousness.

She wouldn't offer her own life, she was a princess and would have to watch after her home when they found it so of course she couldn't become a soilder. "My life is to important to be thrown in harms way so again your terms are unreasonable, my terms give you an ally with knowledge and technology that would take your race millions of years to find out." She told him truthfully because well, it was true and the very clothing she wore could prove it

@HighSanguinaryPriest

Vesper's features were like stone, as he looked to the others in his squad. After a few tense moments he nodded to Koneko who began typing away at her tac com. A few more moments passed before a massage popped up on Vesper's. Another minute passed before he released a sigh. "Durum est tibi agere Bargin hedum." He said with a smirk. "Command has given the okay and is sending us a frigate. The Ultor. We leave in three days. Till then, you will be staying at the Embassy barracks with Eleyna. Non Negotiable." He stated before having another drink set in front of him.

"Lief." he barked, causing said person to stand at attention. "Dic quid est consiliarius Adara transpired hodie. Fortasse eam rem esse probabo. Tantum date illi in basic fabula, et quasdam per se, si hic coniungit." Lief snapped a salute before headding off to find Adara. Today was gonna prove intersting. More so than it already is. Turning his attention back to Halith, he spoke once more.

"You will also be given basic training and Civilian citizenship. You will be able to have a home, on any of the worlds in the republic, and own a business. However you will not be given the right to vote or run for any position of leadership." he explained taking a sip from his new drink. "Also, While under me, you will follow and obey every command I give. Is that clear. I don't want anyone harmed or killed if things turn hairy."

@Daniel reaving @Andraus

The Alikan descendant was impressed that Alexei was able to come up with a list of likely suspects. The female recognized most of the names on his list; she was a government agent after all. Alika was familiar with the majority of most-wanted criminals of Terran and their criminal histories. The problem with Alexei's list was that it was simply too 'perfect'. If there was a slew of wanted criminals potentially in the area Alika would be the first to know about it. Alika was smart, and this man was underestimating her intelligence.

So why was Alexei wandering the Terran rain forests? Alika couldn't be sure, but she knew that for him to be lying like he was he must have had a specific agenda. He was deliberately keeping Alika from the truth regarding his visit, and Alika was growing in her concern. She glanced to a large computer situated in the RV; She needed enough time away from Alexei to request back up.

"This is your list of targets? Impressive. These are some of the most wanted criminals in our database....", she added, pretending she was genuinely impressed by his track record. "You must be very skilled in your line of work", she continued. In a surprising shift of mood, Alika then turned to face him with a smile. "If you really believe that you are getting closer to capturing these individuals, well, I have no choice but to offer you full support from the Terran Peacekeepers Theocracy. We could use your assistance, and I can grant you access to all of the EPA's resources and tools to aid you on this mission. I can also help you navigate the forest safely", she said. She was trying to trick Alexei into remaining at her camp with her.

WHAT

WOULD

HE

DO?

Mentally, Alexei was growing annoyed. At this point.. All this flattery and ass-kissing gave him the hint that something was not right. Offering full support of the government to a rogue operative of an enemy system? Alexei knew better. Unlike Alika, he could only keep the shroud up for just so long before it would get to him. His impatience would be shown outright as he stood up and drew his pistol, his eye twitching as the incendiary gun lit aflame. He was a good enough distance away.. Out of arm's reach. Oooh if only he could talk, he'd have some choice words.. Alexei could picture it now.

"You think I'm stupid? Offering support to a rogue commando? I'm a bit harder to fool than a kindergartener, thank you."

Alas, those were words Alexei could never manage to say. The best thing he could do was to point the fire gun at Alika, gesturing her to sit back down.. And give him that cell phone.

Alika was caught off guard by Alexei suddenly becoming aggressive with her. Without a warning he had his pistol drawn on her yet again, and Alika had no opportunity to evade him. Her adrenaline was rising, and fear could be seen settling into her eyes. Her gaze remained fixated then on the small flame that lit his incendiary gun, a flame which could end her life in the blink of an eye.

There was a moment of hesitation in Alika as Alexei gestured down to the couch he was previously seated on. Then her eyes slowly shifted to its leather surface as she debated whether or not to obey him. Finally, she chose not to. Instead, Alika tossed the cell phone onto the coffee table and crossed her arms across her chest. She stood firmly, refusing to sit even though she was standing directly next to the couch. The elf maiden then fell silent... deciding to give the man a taste of his own silence.

Alika's eyes met Alexei's; her gaze was intense. Her heart was pounding, and she feared the worst.

Alexei's eye twitched again. What was this..? Was this.. Mockery? Was she mocking him? Disobeying like that!? Refusing to talk!? Alexei was patient.. but he didn't have the patience for this. Some covert operative, he was. Alexei pointed his gun down at her leg. A lot of things were running through his mind.. This was a woman.. he shouldnt shoot her. Then he couldn't take her out to dinner later.. Plus she was innocent.. Just doing her job.

No. She has weapons. She is prepared to die. This thought won out. Alexei desired to keep his "0% hesitation rate" intact.

With little emotion in his eyes.. Alexei fired.. At her hip. His aim was to blast that weapon right out of its holster and melt it beyond recognition. The sound of the laser blast echoed throughout the Terran biome, causing nearby Nureal to rocket towards the sky, like panicked birds. Whatever happened next, Alexei kept his finger on the trigger, ready to fire again, if it was necessary.

From the Terran biome around them, more than just the nureal were disturbed. The sound of Alexei's gun fire and Alika's subsequent cries in pain seemed to cause a ripple through the forests. The cries and calls of many spirits could be heard, and back the way Alexei had come the crystal eyes of the totem pole figures became lit. As storm clouds formed above the canopies, thunder could be heard and a heavy breeze began to circulate through the tree branches.

The next thing Alika knew she was on the floor of her RV withering in pain. The alien's gun fire caused an explosive effect as it collided into her holster. The gun explosion blasted at her hip, searing a hole into her pants and burning a deep wound into her hip. It was bleeding heavily now, and Alika could pay no attention to her destroyed weapon as she tried her best to cover the wound with her hands.

Alika was forced to the floor, but she still remained silent choosing not to say a word. A heavy downpour began pounding down upon the RV, causing the pained elf to briefly stare behind Alexei and out the window. This was no ordinary storm, but Alika and Alexei could not detect this.

Despite remaining silent, Alika could not disguise her pain. She was grimacing heavily, and now her hands and leg were both drenched in her blood.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back