• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Worlds of War (Open and still Accepting Profiles!)

Andraus

The last survivor of the Freelands
Rules and Regulations

1. I am open to ideas, and a generally accepting person, but please keep your characters, species, and planets to a acceptable limit.

2. I will be labeling races to start off with, but feel free to make your own. In the past, when I made this roleplay, it was what made it so fun.

3. I retain the rights to change, add, or remove rules as I see fit.

4. This is meant for DEDICATED ROLEPLAYERS ONLY. This roleplay will rely heavily on interaction with eachother, which means, if you join, please don't just drop the roleplay at first chance.

5. Have fun, and I am sure with this community, we'll have plenty of ideas to choose from.

Setting- Approximately 10 years after the end of the Alliance Civil war, and the Collapse of the Alliance itself.

Side note- The Lore is Incomplete, I know, and I shall fill in the blanks as I go along. If you have any questions, feel free to send me a message.

Last edited by a moderator:
(BIG NOTE- The roleplay has not yet started, so don't feel as if you're too late to join! I am merely posting this so that everyone can get an idea of what to expect! ((I mean scenario wise, not post wise)) )

Seven years ago, the city of Nirvana, on the planet Terminatius....

CBA.jpg

The woman standing at of a Cybernetics building stared down at several individuals. They were laughing, talking about some big trade or successful military operation, it didn't matter to the silver haired woman. This disgusted the woman to no end. While they laughed and rejoiced, how many people had died for them to get where they are now? It was people like these why she hated all of those in the Hegemony! These individual's were members of the Hegemony, the same ones that attacked Larvae Sanctaurii and destroyed it. The same people that destroyed Arcadia. They were the same people that killed her.....that took her.....

The woman shook her head. No, she couldn't think about it now, and get lost in her grief. Now was the time for retribution.

Jumping down from her perch, she watched as they boarded a
military transport. Using her chain-blade whips, the woman would close the gaps between each of the buildings, her feet making a soft *Pat**Pat**Pat* on the rain soaked rooftops, allowing her to follow the transport at a steady pace. She made sure to keep herself out of sight of the guards, though none could see her face. When a guard would look up, all he would see is a murder of crows flying off the top of the building. As the woman continued to travel atop the building, following the transport, she'd come across it's final destination.

A rather small
Military base.

Watching as the transport would drive into the base, The woman deftly climbed onto the side of it. Standing outside, at one of the watch-towers on the side of the building, the woman would glance down as one of the many guards would roam outside, on patrol. The Soldier was your standard
Military Police trooper, made for civilian defense and all that. The woman would deftly reach over to her side, and pull out one of her multi-purpose blades. She'd wait for it to extend, before jumping on her spot, and landing on the soldiers back, plunging it into the artery between the neck and shoulder blade. Pulling it out slowly, she'd hide the body behind a wall, as it would not get spotted easily, before continuing into the building.

Making sure to dodge the obvious signs of detection, as well as shut off any lights she came across (Every little bit helped), as she passed by a door. Peering inside through an eye-hole, she'd listen in on the conversation....

"
With all due respect, Commander, the Refugees are still staying at various camps around the worlds under our control. While I understand it's good for image, We might not have the resources to support that many soon. "A soldier would say, obviously voicing concern over the lack of proper housing and supply distribution.

The Commander was less than pleased with the report. "I'll not listen to another complaint about this, Lieutenant Roxanne. Our orders are clear: Provide shelter, supplies, and housing towards the refugee's. The more that we house, the more we can recruit, and the more the other planets trust us. I will tell you again: The matter is under control, and I consider this discussion closed. Now, I must- Who's there?!"He said, pointing towards the door, seeing someone watching through the eye-hole.

The woman would back up from the door, before holding up her hand. Hearing the sound of the mechanical locks holding it in place snapping, she would pull back her arm, before swinging it forward, watching as a blast of concussive energy would send the door away from it's hinge. Stepping quickly into the room, she'd sidestep the Lieutenants attempt to strike her with a stun baton, before swiping her blade forward, watching as it would severe the soldiers lower arm from her elbow, before taking the second blade on her back, and running it through the back of the female soldiers neck, severing the spine. The woman would proceed to place said second blade on her back, before approaching the male, who was backing up to a wall.

"Whoever you are, wait, stop!"He would yell, as he felt a hand around his throat. He would begin to quickly shake his head. "Killing me won't solve anything! What do you want?! I-"

The man would not get to finish his sentence, as the blade in the assailants hand would slide across his throat. The woman above him would watch as he writhed on the ground, choking on his own blood. Once she was sure he was dead and gone, the woman would continue on her task. Though one was dead, her night was far from done, as she had only cut off one of the heads of this Cerberus. One down, two more to go. She knew she had to be quick, as the rest of the base was most likely alerted to her now.

Stepping through the building, careful to avoid any patrolling soldiers, She'd peer into one room, seeing it occupied by one of her targets. The Commanding Officer was surrounded by four other soldiers, most likely for his own protection. Busting into the room, she'd grab one of the guards, who would act as her personal shield as the others fired upon her, taking most of the damage from her. Tossing the now-dead body on the ground, the woman would reach to her side, and pull out her revolver, firing three consecutive shots towards the guards. She'd watch as each would fall to the ground, twitching from the electrical shot from her side-arm. Putting the revolver back in it's holster, she'd approach the Second Commander.

The Commander there would simply pull out a energy blade from his side. "I'll not be cut down like some rabid dog by a would-be Assassin! Who are you, and why do you hide your face?!"

The woman would not respond, as their two blades would clash. Though the Energy blade was crafted by trained USH weapon-smith, the blade in the woman's hand was pure Calderan Craftsmanship. As their blades would clash, echoing in the air as weapon met weapon, The woman would deftly reach a hand behind her back, using her current blade arm to direct the Commander's blade into the ground. Pulling the blade off her back, she would strike down, cutting the tendon's that allowed her opponent to grip the blade. She would then raise her first blade, and stab it in the spot between the neck and shoulder. Placing the blade behind her back, and walking behind the Commander, she'd watch as more soldiers would come through the door.

Placing her hand on the left side of the Commanders neck, and the right side of his head, The woman would apply force, until she heard the definitive SNAP that she was pushing for, dropping the man onto the ground, as she picked up her blade.

Watching as the guards would raise their weapons to fire on her, The woman would throw her left arm out, watching as her chain-whip would shoot out, and attach to the wall, quickly pulling her out of the way. She would proceed to run through the window, using a Concussive blast to break her fall. She would quickly get out of the line of sight of the window, before watching as the same transport she saw earlier began driving away, obviously to find a new place to hide. However, the woman was not about to let this happen. These people hid behind their soldiers like cowards, and then sacrificed them for their needs like they were cannon fodder.

She'd make sure none of them would escape.

Attaching her Chain-whip to the side of the bridge, The woman would use it to slingshot herself into the air, using a concussive blast to send her flying after the transport. After landing on the hood, she'd pull her AUG off her back, before she began firing at the windshield. A guard would get out of the car, and shoot at her, but would be surprised to watch as she'd simply shrug off the bullet-hole in her leg, acting as if nothing happened. Pointing her AUG to the shooter, she'd fire once, watching as his body would slide out, and fall onto the pavement. Wishing to end this quickly, the woman would surprise the people inside by jumping into the air. Using her quick wits, she'd slash her chain-whip out, blowing both the tires of the side of the transport.

Watching it slip and slide on the wet road, before eventually tipping over, the woman would simply walk calmly over to the jeep, seeing all but the Commander inside dead, as he was trying to crawl out. However, due to his broken leg from the crash, he wouldn't be going anywhere soon. Picking him up, The woman would slam him into the side of the car, and would watch as the man would slide to the ground. The commander on the ground would simply look up, shock clear on his face, before he would speak up.

"I know of only two people that fight like that.....and one of them is dead....."He would say, as he'd watch the woman approach him, blade in hand. The man would weakly try to crawl away, backing as far as he could from the woman he saw. "Wait, stop! Think before you strike! If you kill me, you become the very monster we said you were!" He said, as she'd pick him up by the front of his armor, and changed her grip on the blade. "You become one of us!"

The last thing the Commander would see, is a blade going through his eye, as it reached his brain, as a single blue eye would glare down at him, full of hatred and rage...

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Present day, Palace of the Federation, Sabhado....

Adara would shoot up from her bed, gasping for breath, the latest of many nightmares fresh in her mind. Gripping her face, Adara had to keep repeating to herself. "It's just a dream......that was long ago......I'm not there anymore.....I'm not there anymore....."She would continue to repeat until she felt her heart-beat finally start to slow down. Sitting up, she'd look around her room, seeing she was still in the Palace where she was. Laying back down, she'd breath out a deep sigh. Though the room was air conditioned, she and her bed were covered in cold sweat. She'd pressed a button on her bed-stand , calling for someone to clean up her bed, as she'd gather clothes to get in the shower.

Walking into the bathroom, She'd place all her clothes on the stand before, taking off her eye-patch, and looking in the mirror. Though she didn't need it, she wore it to cover up the fact that she had heterochromia. Though not considered anything bad, she tended to get stared at a lot more if she showed she had a blue and gold eye. Stepping into the water, Adara would simply run her fingers through her hair, staring up at the ceiling. "Another night of no sleep......guaranteed by repeat tonight too...." She said, as she would would shake her head. Nightmares had become so constant, that Adara had learned to simply deal with them. She refused to go to counseling for something as stupid as dreams.

Shutting off the water, She'd walk back to her room, seeing her bed was made, She'd let out a small smile as she'd run her hand over the aquarium in her room. Though it was nothing uncommon, having an aquarium in her room, the fish were well taken care of. These were nearly extinct, as they'd originally came from Arcadia, which was now long gone. Pressing the button that activated the feeder, she would lift open the trunk at the foot of her bed, staring at her arsenal, before strapping on everything.

All but one of the weapons were tailored by the Larvae Sanctaurii Spectre's. Those were her Calderan Blade's, which she asked a traditional blacksmith on Achell to make. Once made, the woman promised the Blacksmith that she'd take special care of the blade, as if they were her own family. To this day, she hasn't broken that promise, as she made sure they were repaired and sharpened regularly, and she almost never left anywhere without them, Though she rarely used the blades now, preferring to use them in their baton and staff form. She had to make sure her weapons could not be linked back to what had happened several years ago. Though no-one knew it was her, the Assassin that caused so much damage to the USH, Adara was careful not to push her luck. She still practiced with the blades, but only used them in combat when she absolutely had too.

It didn't help that the USH suspected her, but Adara had an alibi, and she made sure that no evidence could link her to any of the scenes. Even if they could, the USH could not touch her, but Adara was sure without a shadow of doubt that this would spark war between them and the Federation. Adara wasn't going to risk her people getting hurt for her own sins, so she decided on letting the story of that particular person die. Adara kept the armor that she wore in those days hidden under lock, key, and everything she could muster. No-one would find it, and she put effort into making that a fact.

Stepping into the Kitchen, she'd stare at the work in front of her, before shaking her head. Allison, the woman that worked for Adara, was adamant that she'd make sure that the kitchen was spotless, and hot damn did she deliver. Though Adara hired Allison as a way of repaying her for the loyalty to her family, the elf was adamant that she'd earn her keep, her stubborn pride not letting her accept a handout. Adara would see a plate of food prepared for her, before sitting down. "Morning Allison. I see you went excessive with your cooking......again..." Adara said, jokingly. Though she loved the girl to death, like she was her own family, Adara still got headaches from her.

"If you don't work, you don't eat. My mother always told me that. "She said, as she went about cleaning. Allison would then turn around to see Adara, her normal smile on her face. "So what is on the agenda today, High Councilor Adara?"

Adara would simply look up from her spot, giving Allison that look. She hated that title, especially among friends. "Normal bureaucratic bullshit....Odds are, I'll probably have to meet with the USH to discuss 'Political Negotiations for the betterment of planes' or, in my terms, how much it'd cost for my world." Adara said, stabbing her fork into a bit of poached egg.

Allison would simply let out a small hiss, a scowl now on her face. "Bastards, all of them. Should've been put down like rabid dogs a long time ago. They're the reason we're on this world, and now they're trying to take what we have left? I'd rather die than see the USH flag over my homeworld. Never again."

"Don't worry, Allison. So long as I am leader, I will make sure that flag is never flown over this world. We're a Federation planet, and that's damn well how we will all stay." Adara said, earning an approving nod from the woman. Placing her fork down, she'd reach into her pocket, before tossing down a bunch of credits. "Do me a favor Allison? Take the day off, go be with your daughter. Buy yourself something pretty."

Allison hesitated, obviously not liking accepting a hand-out, before taking the offered money. "Okay, but only as a favor to you...!....thank you."

"Not a problem, Allison. You've served my family for over a century, I'm glad to call you my friend." Adara, before standing up, and placing her plate in the sink. She had to get prepared for dealing with the day, so she grabbed a small bottle of water. Though she'd much rather have something stronger, Allison would never let her when she was around, and Adara had to keep her senses in case Negotiations actually took place.

Time to start another day...

Adara walked the streets of her world, staring at the market in front of her. The sun was barley rising over the top, and the tents for the various vendors were just now being put up. Though technology had made significant advances in the past several years, many people preferred their own methods of trading, such as this bazaar. Could Adara fault them for their decision? Not really, as she'd prefer to live in a house carved into a tree, then a palace filled to the brim with technology she only half-understood. Adara was more at home in the wild or on an unknown field than in a city. It came with her training, and she felt that, the longer she stayed in luxury, the more she lost her edge. Though she trained every day, and made it a point to brave the desert outside the cities dome, it was just a matter of practicality.

Adara then stiffened when she heard the sound of a ship above. Grabbing her revolver, she'd pointed it upward before seeing...it was a simple transport ship, likely carrying settlers from another world. Adara would place her revolver back in her pocket, and place a hand on her heart. It was beating abnormally fast. Adara was too used to the sound of ships like that having guns pointed at her. Every time she heard that sound, she imagined she was back on Mundus, with a Fampian ship pointed at her, ready to send her to oblivion, if they didn't try to capture her....

The thought of Mundus brought an unpleasant ache to her chest, an ache she worked hard to suppress. It had long since fallen under Imperial control, so it was likely that there were still 'normal' people living on there, but the thought of how many weren't there just made Adara sick to her stomach. Though there was no mistake about it, she'd return to take back what was hers, Adara simply didn't have the manpower to enter a prolonged war with the Geniocratic Empire. Not to mention that ten-times damned ship that Kil'me had, which wiped out almost half the fleet protecting Mundus to begin with.

Adara knew her limits, and fighting the empire in it's current state was simply something she couldn't do, and it pissed her off to no end. The worst part? Adara suspected Kil'me KNEW it pissed her off.

Taking her mind off the dark thoughts, she found her feet taking her along a grassy path. She knew where her feet were taking her, a path she too often traveled....It was a ritual, and today was no different: After all, today marked the tenth year of the wars end. Many of the survivors wanted to enjoy today, as it solidified the fact that they didn't have to fight anymore.....but to people like Adara, it never truly ended. She lost a chunk of herself in that war, letting her mind be absorbed by the haze of violence and bloodshed. Now, all she had to show for it was her scars. Her friends, her family, her home. She was all that was left now. Just her.....and her memories.

Adara soon found herself in front of her destination. Taking a step back, she'd look down at the various nameplates near the hill. One in particular caught her eye, and it took all her self-control not to choke.

Seraphina Von Ayleid

Leader, Mother, Friend

May her spirit find rest under the tree of our sacred land.

Adara placed a hand on the plate, closing her eyes. "Hey mom.....I'm here again...."Adara said, before sitting cross legged on the ground near the tree. It was almost comforting to be here. She felt as if she was a kid again, back home, waiting for her godmother Kyeianna to make her special fruit filled puff pancakes, as she talked to her mom about some boring nonsense, while her mom made Adara juice and asked about her schooling. It was little interactions like this that made her miss Arcadia and her mother terribly.

"Another day on Sabhado.....That's good, I guess....Oh! we opened up the Museum to the other governments this year! I think it's a big step forward, or well, I think it's what you would've done...."Adara said, looking at her hands. "Can't wait to go back to Terran for the year visit. I miss talking to the Killeplith family on a regular basis, but with all the political BS with the PTC, it's hard....I miss Aunty Kye alot, she could always keep her people in check." Adara said, looking at her hands. She then sighed. She had to get the dark stuff off her chest as well.

"I miss you all every day.....Aunty Kye, you, Aunty Starr, hell I even miss dad......I don't know why I'm the only one left alive.....but I promised I'd keep our people safe, and I'll do that til my dying day....It'll mean I can't wear my last name every again, but they'll be alive.....that's all you ever wanted....right?"Adara asked, knowing she'd get no answer.

Due to her relation to Archimedes, the founder of the Iconoclast Organization (and the following Geniocratic Empire), Adara had to keep her identity a secret. Being an Ayleid meant that she was technically in line for the Imperial throne, and that was the very last thing Adara wanted. Only a handful of people actually knew who she was, all close family friends. Adara only wanted one thing: For the name Ayleid to die. It had caused nothing, but misery to these people, and they deserved better.

If Adara has her way, She'll be the last to carry the name.

Terran was a beautiful planet characterized by its tranquility and lush terrain. It was home of the famous nature spirits, which are regarded as holy beings by the people of Terran. These animal like spirits can be found throughout Terran, especially in spirit sanctuaries and close to shrines. However, most nature spirits choose to remain in nature. The woodland creatures live peacefully in the dense forests of Terran, choosing only to be seen when desired.

Like all peoples, the animal spirits face challenges. The deforestation of Terran forests to make room for development forced some spirits to live in these developed societies. This drew the spirits to sanctuaries. The illegal trafficking of Terran spirits is another growing concern for the critters. A luxury market for nature spirits as exotic pets has emerged. Wealthy consumers can erect private shrines for personal use-- complete with their very own nature spirits. The nature spirits are rarely subject to abuse in these arrangements, and in fact most are well fed and cared for. Still, the nature spirits prefer their natural habitat. The Terran governments have numerous ongoing efforts in place to preserve the spirit habitats and prevent this illegal trade, but where there is demand there is always supply. The nature spirits are hunted from the wild by skilled trappers and smuggled out of Terran into different worlds, where they are sold for exorbitant amounts of money.

Roanoke was one such these spirits, but the outcome for him was different. He consumed poisoned offerings which were left by a trapper. The offerings made him fall into a deep state of sleep, and by the time he awoke it was too late to escape as he was already on a small space shuttle in route to the Sabhado markets. However, the bright raccoon spirit was quick to escape once the ship landed. He fled the scene and disappeared into the unfamiliar city. Since then Roan was forced to adapt to his new home. The people here did not leave offerings or have the same vegetation as Terran, but he had to feed himself. He began life of petty thievery, stealing food from markets and pick pocketing the market goers. He found that the lifestyle was easy for a creature such as he, and in the eight weeks since his arrival the short raccoon spirit had become a chubby thing.

The raccoon spirit stood under two feet tall. At first glance he seemed elf like in his cherub like stature, but upon closer inspection one would notice his furry, grey ears and poofy, striped tail. One would also notice his feet weren't humanoid, and instead resembled the black paws of a raccoon. The boy spirit ran on four legs and behaved like a raccoon. He could easily climb trees and communicate with animals, even knowing a variety of bird whistles. His eyes were an earthy brown in color, and his hair was shaggy and black and, quite often, scattered with leaves and straw.

Now the chubby raccoon boy hopped silently on all fours through the grasslands. He had selected a victim to steal from: Adara. He followed her safely from the markets without being detected, and now with the help of the tall grass concealing him he felt no worries about being seen. The two individuals traveled until arriving at what appeared to be a small shrine to Roanoke. Then he watched on as the girl spoke somberly to the dedicated of the shrine... the perfect moment to swipe.

The nature spirit began to crawl forward, his soft back paws made no sound as he delicately moved them through the grass and towards the girl from behind. Almost... Almost...,he was slowly reaching out to one of her pockets, hoping to retrieve a shiny, monetary award or perhaps a small snack...

OOC: Yay or nay? :D

[border]

"Run that by me again."

"Iz-mo-fo-bell. Ismophobelle Graelfengmuur."

"And I thought her father's name was a handful ..." Anthony murmured.

Just two Consortium goons going about their business as usual. Anthony was a tactical pick - he was a short, stubby elf of barely five feet tall with a bubbly round face and a perpetual look of uncertainty to him. Kagin looked like a titan next to him - towering over his smaller companion with a perpetual expression that looked to be somewhere between anger and intense focus.

The elf was dressed in baggy blacks and browns and he looked like caked mud - messy, and uncharacteristically so for a diplomat, and a short black-wrapped package cradled in his arms. Kagin on the other hand was a clean white - his chest bare and a short, white sarong tied around his waist and embroidered with extravagant gold with a little hole in the back for his tail. It was all very intentional, of course. Kagin was
officially the protection for the messy, shameful excuse of a man next to him, but most importantly it was his job to make the proposal. Anthony was merely the key to the academy - and after that, a simple foil to Kagin. A contrast. A background.

The two of them strode into the elevator together, and with Anothny's three outstretched fingers and a flick of his wrist, the doors closed and the chamber began rising.

The glass wall behind them flickered and the opaque backing to it fell away to an exterior window, revealing the academy in the background.

The buildings were odd, white and angular - but there was something about the lighting that was ... prismatic. Something that detached it from that "sterile" feeling Kagin had known from similar facilities. The morning sunlight was gentle and warm on the horizon, but the buildings outside and below them were shimmering and glowing, shades of soft yellow and green and blue dancing in turn across the sheer glass face of another tower off to the right. The courtyard itself below was difficult to see - someone had taken great care in cultivating a small forest between the walkways between buildings, and the canopy - while thin - was enough to block his sight.

Svanna Academy of Magic.

"Hm."

The elevator hummed pleasantly as it rolled to a stop. Upon turning around, the two were immediately greeted by a pair of armed guards twenty feet down the hallway.

Elves the both of them. Assault rifles and body armor - not the civilian kind, either.

"State your business." Called one, his weapon raised carefully.

"Calm down." His companion sighed, giving a small gesture with the barrel of his rifle toward the newcomers. "Sorry, not often we see your type. One must remain vigilant. You have business here?"

"We do." Anthony frowned at the men. "Anthony Crowl, representative of Merchant-General Arcturus Nikata. Consortium business. And we would appreciate if you pointed your weapons elsewhere."

"The big guy?" The first guard's weapon didn't move.

Kagin took a single deft step sideways, moving himself between the guard and Anthony.

"I hurt people."

"Cute." The guard quipped. With a glance to his comrade and back to the two in the lift, he lowered his weapon at last, giving a sigh. "Alright, come over here and show your papers."

Kagin stepped aside and let Anthony lead, trailing close behind as the two of them approached the checkpoint. Slowly, with careful motions, Anthony reached a hand into a pocket of his coat and withdrew a small yellow envelope, handing it to the guards. The first of the men took it, turned it over, and opened it.

"... Ismophobelle." He stated dryly, turning his eyes back up to glare at Anthony. "Are you fuck-?"

"Shut it." The second guard punched him in the shoulder. "Just swipe the biometrics."

"Yeah ... " The first grumbled and turned around, planting the letter against a glass screen mounted to the wall. A flash danced across the screen and it bleeped. The guard shook his head softly and handed the letter back. "... yeah, it's good. I still don't like it."

"Neither do I, but Silfeer's stamp of approval means it doesn't matter." The second guard gestured toward the letter with his rifle. "You're good to go, but ... just ..." He shook his head solemnly. " ... she's just lost her father. So ..."

"Thank you for your time." Anthony pocketed the letter and continued on, moving past the guards. One of them banged his head against the wall as the two departed. Kagin could hear him ... he was quietly muttering. The guard's fist hammered against the wall.

Kagin felt ... cold.

"You okay there, sparkles?"

"Huh?" Kagin snapped his head toward Anthony.

"You look upset."

"I'm fine."

"You're lying, Kagin."

"..."

"Are you going to be ab-"

"Do not doubt my abilities." Kagin's voice modulator jumped in sharply, which he accentuated with a quiet growl. "I will secure this deal - my feelings toward the matter are irrelevant."

Anthony's gaze stayed on Kagin for a while as they walked, but he eventually nodded and turned to face ahead.
"Did you know her father?"

"Garamabon. Yes."

"Were you friends?"

"Not in the slightest. He was a stubborn, arrogant, unreasonable man."

"Stubborn, arrogant and unreasonable? He sounds like you."

"Exactly." Kagin's tail flicked. Amusement. He would smile if he could.

Room 330 was at the end of the corridor. A very deliberate placing by a man with a very large amount of money. Or as the case was now ... a woman with a very large amount of money. The door was wooden - not like the sliding metal doors around most of the academy. Simple and natural.

Kagin approached the door and rapped his fist against it in a single, hard stroke, then leaned close to it. "Isophobelle! We need you to open the door right away and come out." His voice boomed.

"Because whenever has politeness been your strong suit?"

"This will catch her attention."

Sure enough, soon came a loud bump and the swift pitter-patter of racing feet on the other side of the door. The lock clicked, the doorhandle creaked downward, and the door was flung open inward.

"What is-?"

"Thank you." Kagin ducked his head under the doorway as soon as the door was open, pushing his way past and causing the startled woman inside to step back swiftly out of the way, agape with shock.

"Wha- what i-" A pair of bright green elfin eyes lit up wide open, "You MOTHERFUCKER!"

"A pleasure to see you."

Isophobelle was still dressed in her sleepwear and her long hazel hair was a fresh frizzled mess - most likely from having just raced out of bed. She shook her head, disbelief and rage written across her face as she stared at the Calderan.

"I cannot ... believe you! What is the meaning of this? Give me one reason not to kick you out this instant!"

"Because you're a cautious type and want to at least hear me out - however ridiculous my proposal." Kagin waved a hand dismissively. "Also because I wouldn't leave. And then there would be a situation. And then you'd have to put up with a lot of arguing while dressed in your night wear. I quite like the lace, by the way. It really highlights your curves."

Ismophobelle's glare cracked into a shallow, venomous smirk. "My dad isn't even a week dead, and you're already here to sexually harass me and push your bullshit. I'd call you a lecherous dog, but you'd take that in stride."

"You are still grieving. And you are tired. You are also wearing your sleepwear - you are uncomfortable." Kagin's tail swished in one broad stroke. "You are weak. Vulnerable. This puts me in prime bargaining position."

She hissed and turned around, stomping back into her room. "Stay there, close the damn door, and wait for me to get changed! You fucking psychopath ..."

Anthony stood sheepishly behind Kagin, only emerging when Isophobelle had disappeared.

"She let you stay even after that display. I'm assuming you know something that I don't."

"This isn't the first time I've been assigned to make this deal." Kagin explained. "I've been around this course several times already with her father. She has been present, in such negotiations - Garamabon has been mentoring her. She and I have spoken a couple of times following negotiations. Such a direct and blunt approach would jeopardize most negotiations, but not Ismophobelle. She expects it of me, and so she will tolerate it - hence I will abuse her expectations."

"If she is already familiar with you, then she would see through your approach."

"She already has seen through it. Her father taught her well - any facade I might attempt, she will see through. But it doesn't matter. Her expectations of me allow me to intimidate her in a manner unreasonable to most others. All the realization in the world will do nothing to ease that sense of discomfort. And intimida-"

"I can hear you!" Ismophobelle called.

"Good."

The woman returned - properly clothed now, if untidily. She finished trying her messy hair into a ponytail and lead on into the lounge. "You wonder why people think so lowly of you ..." She sighed loudly and took a small bone cup from he counter, sliding it beneath a spout next to her refrigerator where it began filling.

"Not at all - the consortium is well aware of why you dislike us. We simply don't care - your feelings are not the bottom line." Kagin followed after her, moving around the coffee table and taking a seat on the couch - making sure to splay himself across half of it and take up as much room as possible, leaving Anthony standing awkwardly aside. "And for the record, I'll have you remember that your father once held our negotiations in a room that was sixty degrees Celsius and almost killed me. You are no stranger to underhanded politics."

"I wish it had killed you." Ismophobelle grumbled and took a seat in a second couch, setting her cup on the corner of the coffee table. Staring at the cup, she opened her mouth as if to speak, but no sound came out and she closed it soon after. She visibly sagged, as if she had been bearing a weight atop her shoulders and had finally collapsed. "... I'm tired, Kagin."

Kagin's head tilted curiously. He hadn't expected this. An admission of weakness? He had known she would be under a great deal of stress, but he had anticipated her handling it better than this.

"I'm tired ... I'm upset ... I can't play your games. Not in this state." She shook her head solemnly and stared long, distantly into her cup. "Tell me, Calderan ... do you know the pain I feel? Does your father live?"

"No."

"And what did you do with him? I have heard rumors, but I don't know how far to believe them."

Kagin's tail twitched. Of course - even with such abundances of information available to the world, it could be difficult to sort myth from reality. It seemed only sensible that his people and their ways were subject to similar misinformation - in retrospect and comparison to many other cultures, he could understand why his people's admittedly unusual ways could be interpreted as a hoax or myth.

"I consumed him. It was two years ago, he was killed in an industrial accident, though the specifics were withheld. Harak Korhes, took the body and butchered it." His expression was unchanging as he spoke. "I was the sole child of my family. Normally a family would bear three to five children - but not mine. That meant it was my honor alone to consume my father."

"So you ate him?"

"Well, that's a very unimaginative way of putting it, but yes. I ate him. His life was once animate by its own accord, but with his ambition carried in my heart, he shall forever remain animate for as long as I bear descendants." He folded his arms and closed his eyes for a moment. "It is a common sentiment to not allow one's forefathers to be forgotten. But so few realize just how far they can carry the will of their forefathers. Your own, for instance. He passes his ambitions onto you through his empire. As a business is materialistic by nature, it's easy to see it as a simple regime, or a mere sequence of economical relationships ... but you must learn to see past that - to see the ideological and intentional underpinnings to this web of material relationships."

Ismophobelle smiled and brought the cup to her lips. She had straightened up ... very quickly, so much so that Kagin wasn't sure if he had been imagining her prior slump.

"... for such a "shrewd and intimidating" individual, you are far too easy to manipulate."

"Excuse me?" His tail lashed abruptly and he sat upright.

"Yes." She sipped from her cup, cradling it in the bowl of her hands. "You have two simple weaknesses - your pride, and your compassion. Perhaps these things make you better as a person, but they weaken you as a negotiator. Too willing to distract yourself by speaking about your people, and too willing to soften yourself and offer a sentiment for even the most halfhearted sob story. You cannot properly separate your emotions from your work - that makes you weak. And through these things, I know you feel sympathy for me." She set her cup down. "And how could I feel afraid of you now?" With that, she stood up, a smile of mirth and glee stretching from ear to ear. She stepped around the coffee table and stood in front of Kagin, a hand propped on the couch and leaning forward until her nose touched his, their eyes but inches away, the Calderan stone-still as if frozen.

"You are nothing but a silly, soft puppy playing at being a big dog."

Kagin remained still and his eyes stayed on Ismophobelle's. Neither party withdrew for a long moment, holding their proverbial ground against one another's glare.

"... son of a bitch." All at once, Kagin closed his eyes and collapsed back into the couch with a soft grumble.

"Hah!" Ismophobelle drew her head back and stood triumphantly, beaming down at the crestfallen Calderan. She strode back to her seat and dropped herself into it with a short sigh, folding a leg across the other and picking up her drink again. "So what now? You drop the "tough guy" act and appeal to my "cautious nature" in a pathetic attempt to salvage your dignity?"

"Always a possibility, though I'm partial toward acting as if this were my plan all along, and using my "compassionate nature" to leverage some sympathy out of that heart hardened by bureaucracy."

"Hm." She murmured briefly as she sipped from her drink again. "So, what is it this time?"

"Praehardt is developing a new prototype. I had it described to me as "the AT-Leviathan's angry younger brother"."

"An anti-tank marksman rifle?"

"Leviathan-SAP. An anti-personnel heavy sniper rifle."

"Because Caldera can never be satisfied with blowing regular-sized holes in people ... right. So, you're looking at bulk-discount Craft Shells?"

"We want SSRI."

"Huh. Shit-Show Rounds seems like a waste for such a big gun."

"Praehardt's been working on a new "Soft-Jacket" bullet and shell specially designed for the Leviathan-SAP. Tiny little core to the bullet all wrapped up in a thick, soft outer layer, and a shell capped by a softer layer too."

"Huh ..."

"So, we're looking at high-quality, high accuracy SSRI-SD magazines made for stamping these rounds. Theoretically, the soft jacket-"

"SSRI magazines that provide the potency of Craft Shells." Isophobelle cut in. "Right. Soft jacket makes the rune imprinting process much easier - hence more accurate, so you get much more kick on impact."

"Explosive rounds."

"... ah, that makes sense. It's a long-distance high-velocity grenade launcher. Take bullets with high-quality blasting runes and pump them with as much energy as possible as they're fired. Small core makes for less raw kinetic punch, but the soft rune-engraved jacket makes for bigger boom." She tapped her fingers on the table and bit her lip gently. "... the theory is sound ... but there's a lot that could go wrong. It's been done and scrapped before. KK-Moult tried the same eight years ago and results were unspectacular."

"I'll get to that soon. But back to the topic at hand - this deal comes in two parts, the latter pending the success of the initial deal." Kagin shot a glance at Anthony, who had been silent the whole while. The elf quickly fished a small leaflet of papers from his briefcase and placed them on the coffee table, where Kagin slid them across to Isophobelle. "We want a trial first. Fifteen thousand units of Icebreaker 50-calibur ammunition will be provided, with unit defined as a single Icebreaker cartridge. Garam-Graelf Academia will produce a quantity of 5-round SSRI-SD magazines suited to these shells. 1000 units will be produced by GGA and returned to Praehardt industries, with unit here defined as a single customized SSRI-SD magazine stocked with five rounds of Icebreaker ammunition. Furthermore, for purposes of production-"

"Caldera." Ismophobelle smirked. "You want to sell us Calderan craftsmen, as usual."

"Yes."

"Can't teach an old dog new tricks I suppose ..." She sighed and tapped a finger onto the contract. "Numbers, Kagin. I'm not my father - give me numbers or I can't consider anything."

"Fifty."

"Fifty craftsmen?"

"Fifty."

"I was expecting more."

"This is only a trial period - it serves two purposes. Firstly, it allows Praehardt to test the quality of GGA's craftsmanship and the effectiveness of these magazines. If the weapon will not function as desired, then there is no reason to conduct further business. Secondly, it means that you get an opportunity to see Calderan craftsmanship up close for yourself." Kagin's tail began a slow back-and-forth swaying. "Seeing may be believing, but having an expert craftsman carry out your own orders and witnessing the final product is a much more effective measure for ensuring confidence."

"Numbers, Kagin."

"Fifty Calderan laborers each at an eight year contract: five million credits-"

"Too steep. No."

"... five million credits, one-hundred percent refundable should you decide their craftsmanship is substandard and wish to return them. Furthermore, 1.5 million credits will be paid to Praehardt upon GGA's acquisition of the agreed-upon units. A one-year development period will be allowed. Upon Praehardt's retrieval of the agreed-upon units, a flat sum of 6.5 million credits will be paid to GGA. Should the product be up to standard, Praehardt Industries would be interested in mass production of these shells and specialized magazines through GGA's infusion services. And should GGA recognize the value of good Calderan craftmanship - well, Achell would be ... more than willing to provide more of it."

He hated that. More than willing to provide ...

"Hm. flat 6.5 in, flat 6.5 out. Another five if I don't want the workers at the end of it. And the real money is in the proposed mass-production, isn't it? Theoretically a safe order ..." Ismophobelle's eyes narrowed and her fingers drummed more quickly on the table. "... have you run it by Councilor Adara?"

"No. I planned on proposing the deal to you first and sorting out the specifics with the Councilor afterwards. I anticipate some resistance, but I do not believe anything to be too unreasonable."

"Alright ... safe commissions are nice, but I want profit. Flat monetary profit." Ismophobelle took the leaflet and flicked through the pages, then tossed it back to Kagin's side of the table. "Bump up the commission pay to seven million, ensure GGA gets exclusive production rights, get it okay'd by the Councilor, and I think we can make something out of this."

"Doable." Kagin nodded. Anthony behind him was practically bouncing on the spot, beaming widely.

Ismophobelle smirked whimsically and shut her eyes. "I bet dad's fucking screaming at me right now ..." She chuckled and stretched out. "... but you've gotta take charge. Live your own life. Make your own decisions ..." She peeked an eye open. "Executive lunch to celebrate?"

"If I didn't know any better, I'd swear you were being friendly." Kagin chuckled. "Been hard getting good company since he died, hasn't it? I can't imagine you as the type that wallows in sympathy."

"I can't look someone in the eye without them looking at the ground and whispering, or feebly murmuring "hi" as they leave awkwardly." She finished her drink and left the empty mug on the table. "It's refreshing to have someone around who isn't afraid to act like an unrepentant asshole."

"An "unrepentant asshole"? Oh, I'm hurt ..."

"Good. Don't think I forgot that whole "intimidation" thing you tried."

"It would have worked."

"No it wouldn't."

Kagin's response was to finally stand, heaving himself out of the couch and stretching his arms over his head.
"I was not asking your opinion - merely informing you of the matter at hand." He offered a hand to Anthony. The man paused for a moment, then realization jumped across his face and he hastily handed Kagin the wrapped bundle he had forgotten he was holding.

"What's this?"

Kagin placed the item on the table before Ismophobelle.

"A gift."

Ismophobelle's brow raised skeptically, but she turned her gaze to the item and took to unwrapping it carefully.

"... oh ..." Her eyes slowly widened and she sat back. "This is ..."

"A gift." Kagin finished. "A rapier would have been too cliche of the aristocracy. A dagger makes for the best personal weapon, short of a firearm. Concealable, quick to draw and quick to strike."

"... diamond. So this is your doing."

"That is correct." Kagin nodded. "Extremely sharp, and invisible to most mechanical metal detectors. But please refrain from striking particularly hard materials with it. It is hard - yet rigid and brittle."

Ismophobelle turned the item over in her fingers slowly, letting light dance on the surface and sprinkling a prismatic rainbow across the table beneath it.
"Thank you."

Kagin returned a small nod again and turned to the doorway.
"I will return sometime in the days coming, once I have run the specifics through the councilor."

"No lunch?"

"Not today." He shook his head and moved to leave.

"Fine." Ismphobelle turned and lay across her couch, holding the dagger above her and continuing to turn it. "Keep safe."

Kagin stopped at the doorway and glanced at the woman over his shoulder.
"Safe? I was under the impression I was leaving the most dangerous thing on this planet in the room behind me." He waited a moment, but no retort came. With that, he exited Ismpohobelle's room, letting Anthony pull the door closed behind him as he continued on down the corridor.

"Well, that was a real mixed-bag." Said Anthony as he sped up to the Calderan's side.

"How so?"

"Did you expect her to take the deal so easily?"

"I didn't expect anything. Honestly ... I had no idea what I was walking into. I thought I had a grip on how to approach her, but she had already figured me out."

Anthony nodded slowly. "Man-to-man, what's between you two?"

Kagin's tail flicked slightly. "No idea. I said she and I had spoken before - we exchanged a lot of casual jabs and humor following a couple of meetings with her father. I spoke to her of my position and she told me what it was like being daughter to a business tycoon. She made good conversation. But it's a bad move to push for any kind of relationship in my position - let alone a romantic one. Let alone one with a business partner. Even if they can cognitively acknowledge me as a sentient rather than an animal, they can't see past the resting-rage-face. Things get messy, people get hurt, bridges are burnt ... it's never ended well"

"Tough break."

"Not really." Kagin's tail snapped abruptly, whipping against Anthony's leg playfully. "One day in the future I'm going to meet one of my own. She'll be angry, destructive, overwhelmingly stubborn and take unfathomable pride in her abilities. Then, that will be the day for me."

"... riiight ..."

"Anyway, back to business. Can you make an appointment with Councilor Adara?"

"I can indeed." Anthony happily produced a small glassy device from his pocket. "I'll contact her administration and book something as soon as she has a slot free."

"Awesome. And then we can get back to our room and get you back into your robes."

"And we can get you an entire roasted animal."

Each took a brief glance about, making sure no individuals of importance were watching too carefully as they entered the elevator.

In a moment of respite, two Consortium goons high-fived in the elevator of the Svanna Academy of Magic.

[/border]

It was all so clear.

Clearness.. that was an abnormality on the cold world of Moora. Even amongst the disciplined soldiers that made up the primary population, the sudden loss of fog was something to consider dangerous. It was more than just a superstition at this point...

It was a warning.

After the fog vanished, there was a thunderous quake. Gone as soon as it arrived. But then there was another. And another. And another... the soldiers all around readied their weapons, manned the artillery, and requested the starships up above for laser bombardments, only to be put on standby... Then it happened.

The entire roof of the outpost was torn off like a can of sardines, soldiers were screaming and shooting at the perpetrator: a massive brown creature remniscient of a dinosaur, covered in scales and bony carapace. Upon seeing the soldiers, and feeling their weapon fire bounce uselessly off of its carapace, the monster roared an ungodly sound, like the bellow of a lion slowly being drowned out by the screams of whatever Hell there was, beyond the physical world. It interfered with electronics, shorted out laser batteries, and caused nearly everyone to run for their lives. The only person that stood behind, a lone soldier and his rifle, raised his weapon and fired upon the beast. In a rage, its clawed hand swiped down and picked him up.

Now the soldier was immobile. He was about to be made into prey. With another roar, the beast opened its maw. It was like a void of infinite darkness lined with sharp teeth...

He woke up with his heart jumping about recklessly in his chest. His breathing was heavy, and his surroundings were dark. As his breathing calmed, the person got out of bed.. looking around this room he was in. Everything came back to him, rather quickly. This man was on board the USH dreadnought, The Penetrator. The ship was en route to an enemy controlled planet, for recon purposes. He sighed to himself... That dream again, he thought. This was the fourth night in a row that he had that dream. The one where the invincible monster ate him as he tried to kill it. The thought of being nothing but a meal... It gave him the chills some days, and made his blood boil with anger on others. Right now though, as he looked out his window into the cold empty void of space.. His blood had run cold. In a rush, he ran to his latrine.. Eager to splash some water on his own face. As he opened the door, the automated message he had heard too many times now echoed through his mind.

Please remember to conserve water. Thank you.

It was just annoying, at this point. The sink let loose a torrent of water, which pooled up in his light hands, and was then brought up to his face. He relished in the warm sensations upon his face.. His face. As though he had forgotten what he looked like, he brought his head up to face the mirror.

What greeted him was a caucasian face.. undeniably human. He had a long mane of ebony hair.. it wasn't exactly casonova material right now, for it was gnarled and matted up from sleep. On his face.. there was a light stubble, which gave him a more rugged look. He brushed his wet hand across the stubble, his ears taking in the crisp rustling sound it made, bringing satisfaction to his brown eyes. This was the face of Alexei Kornov, another anonymous soldier in the United Socialist Hegemony's military. Today though, he had been selected for a special assignment. Alexei's superior, Admiral Jylei, enjoyed this strategy a bit too much. First, a lone soldier was chosen to drop to the surface of a planet. Their insignia would be dulled out or otherwise removed from their armor, and rather than market themselves as a soldier of the USH, they would pass themselves off as a freelance mercenary, or something along those lines. Something inconspicuous, so that their true purpose of scouting and recon of the planet's territory and defensive capabilities could be masked behind a façade. Alexei thought about this in his head.. he knew the strains his condition could place on social interaction and military strategy, but he didnt think this would raise suspicions too high; and he always kept a certain mantra to himself, to prevent self-loathing. Silence is Golden.

Done with the restroom, Alexei left the restroom, donned his space-marine armor, and began his trek to the briefing room. The soldiers and Instructors he had passed on his way there had soluted him, and patted him on the back for good luck. They knew what he was doing, and most knew the risks. Alexei shook his head.. just another day, another mission. Thats all this was, to him. As he entered the Briefing chamber, Alexei was expecting a hologram from a superior, but he was taken off guard to see Admiral Jylei in person, waiting for him.

The Admiral was quite a sight to take in. He was a Bulnuu, a race of slender extraterrestrials with primarily green or blue skin, a bipedal stance, bulbous bellies, and a single eyestalk attached to a mouthless head. Jylei's single eye narrowed at Alexei as he entered. The admiral spoke to him, via telepathy.

"Your duties on the planet surface are of the utmost importance." Alexei's mind was greeted by an echoing voice with a medium pitch. "Once we have a grasp of the terrain and opposition's firepower, the other Admirals and I may discuss how many ships we will need and the relevance of surface platoons. I wish you luck, soldier." with a nod and salute, Alexei left the room, and was escorted to the planet drop pods. The soldier's eyes narrowed, as he saw it. This would be a bumpy ride. His weapons by his side, Alexei entered the pod, strapping himself in. With a deep breath, he listened to the chatter of the radio. They were determining at which latitude and longitude would be ideal for his pod to land. Something about keeping his entry out of sight and not taking any lives. Finally, they dropped the planet's name. For the longest time, Alexei was unaware of where he was headed. The name of the planet rolled around of his mind. Terran... First thing that rolled through Alexei's mind was lush forests and just... Green, everywhere. Before he could think on it further, his body unconsciously tensed up as the quick triplebeep signaled that the drop would commence now. With a screech, the pod left the ship in a scream of speed, quickly making way to the soundless void of space. Alexei's heart felt heavy, like it had turned to stone.. The whole pod was rocking back and forth, and it seemed like the g-forces would overwhelm him any second now! The next thing he knew, his pod was growing hot.. A brief glance outside the shielded window, his pod was surrounded by flames.. He was in the stratosphere of Terran, now. The sound returned, making the same screaming sound as before. It was loud, and Alexei worried this would draw attention to himself.

CRASH!!!

For some time, Alexei was unconscious in his pod. When he awoke, half an hour had passed, since he made the drop. With a heavy sigh, as his senses returned, Alexei put on his helmet, and set his rifle into his arms, his pistol and baton on his hip.. Though for this day, he had not brought his deadly grenades. As he walked out the pod, he looked around. He was surrounded by trees and greenery, the canopy above providing a shade from the sunlight. Nodding to himself, he began walking North.

"Attention." a young male voice got into Alexei's helmet. "Attention. Private Kornov? This is Control aboard the Dreadnought. Do you copy? Speak to me if you copy."

Alexei did not respond.

"Ha, Im just pulling your leg, man. I know you're the strong but silent type. Heh.. A-anyways. We have to pull away from the planet before we trigger any suspicions. Before that though, I'll upload a map of your immediate location, as well as the quickest route to town. This is a long assignment man. Don't rush anything."

Alexei rolled his eyes.. watching the HUD of his helmet. As the map and fastest route appeared to him, Alexei turned around, and began his walk...

Location,

50 miles North-east of the city,

Planet Sabhado

6th legian, 1st company, JST Alpha Squad

Major Vesper M. Aurel

It's been 17 hours since Vesper and the rest of squad Alpha had been dispatched to this world as part of a "hearts and minds" mission. I actuallity, the ambassador just wanted to wave his dick about and show that he can get one of the most elite units to guard the embassy, which in Vesper's opinion was a complete and utter waste of military resources. As for why they were out in the desert? Simply getting fresh air, and to acclimate to the temperature. And adapted soldier is a living soldier. At least that's what he believes, hence why they were marching in full combat gear in the middle of the desert. No one complained though, it would do nothing but get them put into a worse exercise. Plus it beat standing around doing nothing at the embassy.

By noon, the squad was starting to feel the effects of the desert heat, as sweat began to fog their visors. Sensing they had wasted enough time, Vesper called for a full stop. "Alright assholes, take five, then we'll head back and the rest of the day you all can fuck off." he said removing his helmet, only to be blasted by hot dry air. The other five squad mantes just plopped on their asses groaning in exhaustion. "Oh come now, y'all can't be that tired." He teased cracking his neck. "I tell you what, as soon as this break is up, which is in about three minutes, we'll jump back, sound good?" he asked getting an affirmative from the four.

Time flew by almost as fast as the desert sand underneath, as the squad leap frogged it back to the domed city for some well deserved R&R. About a half an hour later the tired shock troopers had finally made it back inside the domed civilization, before scattering to do whatever the hell they wanted, leaving Vesper alone for the first time since he woke up that morning. Finding he had nothing better to do, he decided to head to the Arcadia war memorial to pay his respects to the fallen. Despite not being Illustrati or citizens of the Republic, he felt that those who died for what they believed in deserved his respect as a soldier.

As he made his way into the grass knoll, Vesper spotted something peculiar. The being was roughly two feet tall, and resembled one of those raccoon things he had read up on about Terran Fauna. Upon closer observation, he noticed the thing was about to pick pocket an elvan citizen, whom was clearly paying her respects to the departed. Before the raccoon thing could achieve it's goal, Vesper finally spoke up, breaking the silence. "Stop right there criminal scum!" he barked pointing at the two foot tall being.

The woman would turn at this, but instead of appearing surprised, she had a revolver pointing at the would be thief. The woman would look down at the small fox-boy before her, and she was sure the only thing he saw was a one blue-eyed woman with an eyepatch holding a gun to their head. Adara took a second to scan the boy: slightly chubby, dirty clothes, a pale complexion.....and fox ears. A child like this wouldn't be here on the planet without good reason, and Adara had spent years on Terran, and could tell by aura-energy that this was a spirit. It also helped she was familiar due to her close relationship with the planet. Though why a spirit of that lush planet would choose to be on Sabhado was beyond her. The only reason she could think of was...

At the thought, Adara held a small growl under her breath. Slavers....Bastards...

Adara would then put away the revolver, before standing. She wore a traditional garment meant to mourn a dead clan, as was custom to her people: The outer-robe was black and gold, with a neck collar adorned with many different gem-stones, to represent each individual Arcadian clan. The sun represented the leading clan, the Ayleids. The inner vestments and other clothing pieces were made of lightweight bulletproof foam, wrapped several times over itself. Though Adara was not 'officially' on active duty, She never liked to be without armor, and the clothing matched her outfit. Along her back was a cloak and hood that matched her current outfit. These garments were called the 'Garb of the Exodus', a traditional Arcadian clothing to mourn fallen clans and members.

Adara would simply look down at the boy, before kneeling down, and smiling. "You are quite a way from home, aren't you little one?..."She asked in a soft voice, before reaching into her pocket, wondering what he was reaching for. It was a single hollow-point round for her revolver. "Sorry kid. This little thing? Ain't really that valuable. But you seem hungry. Come on, lets get you something to eat. Then we'll see if we can't get you back to Terran. Maybe talk to the Ruler about putting a few guards around your shrine or temple...."She said, thinking she might be able to smooth it over with the Ruling family. She had been close to them all her life.

The woman would then stand, removing her hood. Her silver hair would fall to it's usual state, and it was clear by the eyepatch with the flower mark and the scars on her neck who she was: This was Adara Von Arcadia, the de facto leader of the Federation and current Councilor of the planet. She would turn towards the soldier who had pointed out her would-be thief. She would then walk over, careful in her approach, and look at him. She was a few feet away, to respect personal space, and scanned his armor.

"Armor is meant for equal amount of protection against the natural elements of my world, as well as putting you on display. It also shows you're meticulous about maintaining your shit...Let me guess, Big-wigs having a dick-measuring contest again?"She said, surprisingly speaking with military jargon. Adara would just smirk. "I didn't spend my life in the military and not pick up a few things. I'm more than just this beautiful face."She said, lightly caressing her face, and trailing a hand on her scars, obviously joking. Though she looked like she belonged in high-school, she was still a skilled soldier in her own right.

"Lets see what else.....chemical residue and slight static shock, so you use incendiary weapons....6th Legion emblem, no surprise you work for the Republic....Your body shows clear modification work, your body reacts to things faster than a normal being, I saw similar work with the Spectors but not this well done.....and you have an air of Command about you, so I'd say.....Captain or Major."She said, done with her examination. One of the skills she picked up was examination. It helped when she was making a deal or trying to pick the leader out of an enemy group. She was quite proficient with a sniper rifle, before Kil'me broke it after she stabbed him in the gut. THAT particular tale was the stuff of legend. Se had basically scarred a member of the Empire.

Man, she missed that sniper rifle...

"Though I am sure you've already been informed for various reasons, I am Councilor Adara. I must say thank you for your....perfect timing. "She said to him, before checking her data pad. It was a notice requesting a meeting with two representatives of the Mercantile Consortium, discussing weapon design and production. Adara hissed at this, hating that JUST as she met a fellow soldier, she had to take time out of her day to talk to some political pukes. She hoped that the Calderan representative was there at least, as she had a strong respect for their people. She quickly sent a reply.

Cornucopia of the Homeworld, Restaurant, Be there in 1 Hour. Do not waste my time.

Adara didn't want to waste time with political people, and she made it clear. She would then look towards the male. "Please, let me pay you back for your 'timely' rescue....I have a meeting with some merchant-people from the consortium. Since I was going to feed this little guy anyway, I might as well pay you back by buying you something that's not an MRE. Not gonna lie though: I want you there also for showing tight relations with the Republic: You don't want these Consortium assholes digging their claws into you. "She said, obviously apologetic that she had to resort to such under-handed tactics.

She was a soldier, and had the grace of an Assassin. It showed very clearly.

@HighSanguinaryPriest @Collidias Rex @Enuky K

Removing his helmet with a pressurized hiss, the JST tucked said piece of equipment under his left arm with a smirk. his face looked very similar to that of an elf, the only differences being the pale skin, slightly enlongated canines and pupilless eyes. He too had his fare share of scars adoorning his his body and face, despite his youthful appearance, making him look as if he too seen the horrors of war. "Very observant of you councilor Adara Von Arcadia. You would be correct in your assumptions. I am Major Vesper Marius Aurel, of the Sixth Legion's first company Juggernaute Shock Troopers, Alpha Squad." He responded snapping a crisp salute, his chest swelling with pride for both himself and his company. "As for repayment, there is no need, I just happened to be in the area to pay my respects to the fallen. But If it is no trouble, I would still accompany you and this Nature Spirit. Plus, I enjoy pissing people off." he responded eyeing the two foot grimlin warily. "Perhaps I could work some things out with my ambassador for open trading. Goddess knows your Federation could use the supplies and armaments, and nothing kills better than Illustrian made weaponry." he added with a wry smile before dropping his salute. Removing the Auto-blade from his hip, he held it out for the Elvan councilor to look over. "Made up of Blue Aetherian metal for a light weight, durable frame, with a powerful high speed motor. The teeth are also made up of blue atherian, while plated in both red and black to ensure maximum damage to the victim and their gear. This thing cuts through most materials like a knife through flesh." He explained beaming with pride for the craftmanship of such a beautiful killing tool.

latest

[border]

"Councilor responded. We're in."

"Good."

"She wants to meet us in an hour."

"Shit." Kagin collapsed onto his bed, his body going comically limp as he landed.

So much for ASAP room service.

The two had just checked into their room ten minutes prior. It wasn't penthouse level, but it was the proverbial and literal next floor down. The lights were dim and the windows were obscured by a comfilm holoscreen displaying a vast forested expanse outside. The individual "pixels" were cleverly angled arrays of lenses and mirrors connected to tiny light projectors, and the entire scene moved, turned and tilted as it was observed from different angles as if it were truly looking through a window.

Anthony's bed was a tidy double and the spare sheets were neatly arranged in a square at the foot of the bed.

Kagin's bed had already been ransacked, and the majority of the bedding had been piled haphazardly into one corner of the room, where he was lying.

"Don't be like that." Anthony fastened a plain red tie around his neck - a stark contrast to the neutral silver and black of his suit. "The Councilor has conveniently arranged to meet in a restaurant central-city, so I'm sure you can find a meal once we arrive."

"I kid you not Anthony. I will eat a local if we aren't there in fifteen minutes, diplomatic incident or not." Kagin climbed to his feet irritably and stomped toward the door with a low growl. He swiped several apples from a food basket he had missed on the way in and tore into them eagerly - shearing through the center of the fruit in a single bite, then swallowing the halves whole, gorging through six of them in the blink of an eye before heading out the door.

"Got your scary face ready?"

"I will eat the fucking councilor if you don't get me food by the time she shows up. So yes, my goddamn scary face is ready."

"
Alright, settle down, Sparkles. I can see the place from here." Anthony pressed his face against the limousine window, giving the glass a testing tap as he watched the destination approach.

It was a high-end metropolitan area somewhat reminiscent of Terran - many structures bore tall, dark panels of glass stretching high up each face. Clear enough to see out from the inside, but dark enough to absorb most of the sun's harsh rays and keep the glare from stinging the ground below. But between the glass and metal, nature had been allowed to thrive - trees and shrubbery grew from gaps in the sidewalks, arching up, out and over the roads into a flowing canopy of greenery. Branches and leaves wove through alleyways and climbers threaded around signposts, coiling their way to the top. It was a peculiar area - almost as if nature had been allowed to overrun it, but as if this overrun was managed and carefully kept in check to minimize inconvenience to traffic and pedestrians.

Kagin began opening the door as soon as the vehicle came to a slow, opting to jump out before it had stopped and quickly walk alongside as it rolled into a park outside. Anthony clambered out after him, muttering under his breath as he collected his briefcase and joined the Calderan in tow.

"You're impatient."

"I'm hungry." Kagin lead inside the restaurant without waiting, his stomach proverbially growling. He marched right in and up to the reception - helpfully, any obstructing patrons quickly moved aside for him. "Table with Councilor Adara, I assume she has made reservations." He grabbed a menu without waiting a response, flicked through, and set a clawed finger on the first steak dish he could find. "Fifteen of these, medium-rare. No salad. Go heavy on the spices and sauces, I'm not bothered about the particulars. Get it to me in under ten minutes and I'll pay double."

The worker at the counter fumbled a little as he processed everything, but his senses came to him quickly and he directed the two to a corner booth.

Secluded spot tucked away in a corner, but it bore a small window adjacent with a view of a small, private water garden. A little fountain in the center, flowers surrounding it and lilies floating across the surface while pink and blue petals gently drifted down from an overhanging tree.

"How long until she's here?" Kagin sighed as he sat and proceeded to drop his head against the table with a quiet grumble.

"Ten minutes, give or take. Let me just ..." Anthony glanced to his watch. " ... yeah. Ten minutes."

[/border]

Deep in the jungles of Terran, Alexei would find himself surrounded with beauty. It was warm and humid here, and the foliage was covered in water droplets. It was evident that it had recently rained; mist was rising from the damp forest floor and plant life. The rain forest was splattered with a full spectrum of colorful flowers, and the peaceful whistling of birds and soft murmuring of nearby water filled the air like music. The air carried with it a sweet aroma from the vibrant plant life, and the area was kept nicely shaded by the high canopies above. Despite this, tiny rays of sunlight managed to burst through from above creating a shimmery effect when the lights clashed with the rising mist. As Alexei walked he would see small rainbows in the air, and occasionally the faint glow of spirit orbs.

Unbeknownst to the silent soldier, the crash sight of his pod had attracted the attention of another being. Shortly after his departure, a small framed elven woman approached the pod with caution. By her dark skin and long black hair one would guess her to be of a Terran tribe. She was dressed in traditional tribal garb, wearing a leaf skirt made up of many wide, green leaves bound together around her hips. Upon her head she wore a thick, leafy crown made from flowers of the forest. Her face was painted to match the intricate design of the wings of a butterfly, and around her neck dangled a long and leafy band of forest foliage. Her torso was clothed in a top made from coconut shells decked with even more flowers. She was stunningly beautiful, but more importantly the female was perfectly concealed among the plant life of the forest.

The days of native Terran tribes living in seclusion had long passed. Akela Alika was a descendant of the Alika tribe, but she was there under the Peacekeepers Theocratic Confederacy. Alika, as she preferred to be called, was an Environmental Agent stationed in the forest. Her duties were to protect the wildlife from poachers and spirit trappers, a job that was never finished. After quickly discovering that the pod was empty, the mystical elf scanned the forest floor for signs of the intruder's direction, and upon close inspection began her way north.

Where Alexei was he would see an old, ominous totem pole standing in the distance. The faces of various animals were carved into it, and they seemed to be staring intently into him. Its old age was easy to see by its faded colors and moss covered surface. This was an ancient shrine to the nature spirits, one left unattended to by elves for many years.

A sharp clank rang through the forest, followed immediately by a rustling of leaves and the shrill chattering of Nurael. The antlered animal spirits were round and fluffy with big, colorful eyes. The critters had been gathering food together when they accidentally triggered a trap. Buried in leaves on the floor, a cage was laying flat waiting to be activated. Upon activation the cage sprung into its box-like shape, capturing close to a dozen of the furry spirits who were now hopping about their imprisonment in panic. Outside the cage the nurael who weren't captured hopped about in their frustration as well, but they seemed to have no power to release their trapped comrades. It was no doubt a trap left by a spirit trapper, and the nurael would soon find themselves being shipped out of Terran.

The distance between Alika and Alexei was shrinking as she swiftly navigated the rain forest. The Alikan elf chose to travel from the trees, swinging from vines and branches effortlessly while gaining on the male. The girl had great pride for her heritage, and was skilled in remaining undetected while she slipped through the forest as her ancestors once had. @DemetrioMachete

. . .

"Stop right there, criminal scum!"

At the gruff command of the unexpected male, Roan couldn't help but come to a staggering halt. His cover had been blown. He turned his attention to whoever was responsible for the distraction, and it was in that split second that Adara had a revolver pulled on him. The raccoon boy squeaked in a startled panic, and toppled to the ground on his belly as if in attempt to escape the gun's direction. He covered his head with his arms and waited momentarily until peeping upwards curiously to see he was no longer in any danger. He sprang back to his feet and watched the female as she coaxed him nearer to her.

His ears twitched in interest when the young woman revealed the contents of her pocket. The creature scurried close to her and snatched the hollow point round. He crouched with his ear next to it while tapping it against a tombstone and listening to the noise it made. He determined it was not food, but decided to keep the item anyway. He watched on now as the woman spoke softly to him, as if he were a baby. Females, he thought to himself. It always seemed to be the females who took sympathy on him-- offering him food and their affection. He wondered why, but the grumbling of his tummy reminded him he needed food. He decided he would join the female after all.

Without a word to them, Roanoke scurried away into the grass. He returned within a few seconds, and was carrying a small sack over his shoulder. It was his bag of things. The raccoon boy slipped the hollow point round into the cloth sack before tossing it back over his shoulder. The bag was mostly filled with money-- both paper and coinage. It was a collection of miscellaneous objects he had stolen, and it just so happened most of it was money. Perhaps the critter didn't understand the concept of monetary exchange, and that his stolen money could be used to purchase food.

The short male plopped to the grass and scratched behind one of his ears with his foot while waiting on the other two to finish up their conversation. He was admittedly impatient with waiting, and wished they would hurry up and feed him. He noticed Vesper staring at him, and narrowed his dark circled eyes back at him. His expression changed to a more mesmerized look when he revealed the sword, and now the raccoon rose back to his feet. He was eyeing the gemstone in it, and secretly fantasizing about stealing it.

The freighter took a while to dock, and when it finally landed, it created a loud clang that rang in Sorrow's head for a few seconds after. The Dracorus grimaced, regretting purchasing passage on a ship in such bad condition. But it was necessary.

The door to Sorrow's large cabin opened, and light streamed in to the dark room, momentarily blinding the wyvern. The captain of the rusty vessel peeked his head in.

"'Ey, kind sir. We 'ave landed, an' I don't think anyone 'as seen us, as requested." The burly human squinted. "Are you awake?"

"Yes, I'm awake." Sorrow said harshly. The little man annoyed him. "I want my belongings packed up in a crate and placed outside. If I find anything damaged or missing, I will find you."

The captain looked furious, but thought better of shouting. The head disappeared, and there came sound of large feet on stepping on metal as the human walked away quickly.

Sorrow sighed. This journey was exhausting, and it would be good to spread his wings. The drake stood up from the torn sheet he had slept on over the past week and a half, and walked out the cabin. Then he headed for the cargo hold, and watched as the crew started packing his belongings into a metal box. They then hoisted it up on their shoulders, bodies strained with the effort of holding such a weight, and carried it off the ramp of the ship and on to the soft grass outside. Sorrow followed.

Once outside, the small captain hobbled over to the wyvern, an uncertain look on his face. Sorrow turned to face the human.

"You want to know why I am not going through the public spaceports here on Terran?" He said quite plainly. The captain nodded, relieved that he didn't anger the large wyvern with that question.

"Well captain," Sorrow handed the man with a clawful of coins he had been holding. "I would think this will sate your curiousity...are we understood?"

"Yes sir! No one will hear a thing from me!" The human said, greed glinting in his eyes.

The crew and captain marched back into the ship, leaving Sorrow with the crate in the forest clearing. After a few minutes, the rusty spacecraft groaned to life, growling like some sort of giant animal. Then it lifted off the ground, swaying uncertainly, before rising into the sky and speeding away.

There was no doubt the puny human would tell the authorities on this planet, so Sorrow was eager to get away from this position. The Dracor raised his wings, and with one big swoosh, lifted himself several meters into the air. He then started flapping his wings, heading to what he hoped was the capital.

Sorrow left the metal crate behind, as it was filled with the useless junk other smaller species like to keep. The captain of that freighter really wasn't that bright. No Dracorus has ever had any belongings, so why would Sorrow? Maybe it was the fact that the Dracorus were new to this reality of space travel and interaction between different races. Still, that was no excuse for ignorance.

Sorrow really hoped the city he saw on the horizon was the capital of this planet, or this would have been a wasted journey.

Adara took the blade, and balanced it in her hand. "Multiple purpose blade, could probably cut through metal cable if it wanted too....or, if need be? Amputate a limb. Clever design, but I'd warn you now- "She would run the sharp end of the blade over her hand, which SHOULD have cut open her hand, but would hold up her palm. It was spotless. "This couldn't hurt me if it tried. "She said, with a wicked grin. No-one knew she could manipulate metal and magnetism, so seeing someone run a sharp blade over their palm and not take damage? It gave the illusion of invincibility. It was a skill that Adara was VERY secretive and protective about. She used it mainly to show that she was stronger than she seemed.

Adara would then check her datapad, and see she had plenty of time to spare. She ran over the grassy knoll, before gesturing for the man to follow. She then ran her hand over the tree. " This tree? I was behind it 45 years ago today.....It was....ugh, a week before the battle of the Twilight gap. "She said, running her hand over the tree. There was plasma burns across the tree, along with what appeared to be a bullet scar on the side, as if a round had slid across it. "That shot? Made from a Reactionary Initiative Soldier that damn near took my head off. I was here lea-.....leading behind Adrianna Von Ayleid. "She said, biting her lip. Adrianna was her original name but, as to maintain secrecy, she changed it to Adara. Since Adrianna was technically the Empress of the Geniocratic Empire, but was declared MIA at the end of the war, the Imperial senate controlled most of the happenings in the Empire.

Adara made sure that no-one knew who she was: The Empress was known to be golden eye'd, and had longer, blue tinged hair.

Once Adara moved her hand away, she looked towards the soldier. "I wish I knew what happened to that woman.....Lady Adrianna was amazing to serve under. I only wish her father her sense. "Adara said, shaking her head. She had to play the part, but it was clear there was disdain in her voice when she spoke of the Founder of the Empire, Archimedes. "But I've probably bored you both enough. Come, let's get a meal. "

~
10 minutes before meeting...~

Adara was outside the restaurant, checking her time. Today she made it specifically clear that she did not want to be disturbed, as today was the 10th anniversary of the end of the war. Adara wanted to enjoy the peace and quiet, but knew she'd get roped into some bureaucratic nonsense. To say she was pissed was a broad understatement. "Whoever called for me better damn well have something worth my time...."She said, as she walked into the room, removing her hood and cloak. She may look young and scarred, but she was still a fine looking young woman in her own respect.

Hanging up the cloak, she was about to look around for the meeting group when she was stopped. She could smell alcohol, and heard ragged breathing. Great, she thought, A drunk.

"
Hey there pretty thing...How about you join me and my friends for a drink?"

Were it any other time, Adara would've killed for a bottle of strong liquor. However, she didn't have time, and couldn't afford to have a dull mind when dealing with the Consortium. In her eyes, they were snakes. "I don't have time, I have business to attend to."She said, and pulled herself away. However, she was soon violently grabbed by the man. Adara knew where this was going, and was NOT in any mood to play around. She grabbed the mans arm, and flung him over her, making him land square on his back. Pulling back her fist, she swung down, using concussive force to send a strong enough punch to break the mans nose, and knock him out. Adara would then clean the blood off her hand, and sigh.

"
Okay, I needed to do that more than I thought......someone get this guy out of here. He wakes up and bothers me again, I'll kill him myself. "Adara said. She then watched as his friends dragged him out. The whole restaurant was staring at this display, before quickly looking back down when it was over. Adara quickly saw the two representatives: It wasn't hard to spot Kagin and the elven merchants. Sighing, she threw away the bloodied rag, before walking over, and sitting down. Now she had to play the 'Leader' role. She started by introducing the two accompanying her.

"
This is Major Aurel of the Sixth Legion, and this little thing is a Spirit from Terran, who I intend to return to it's place of origin. "She said, before looking towards the two of them. The look on her face said she was VERY pissed off. "I thought I made it clear to the Consortium I wasn't to be interrupted today, of all days. I don't want to waste time on pleasantries: What do you want, and why is it so important that you had to disturb me?" Adara said. She was known as a very strong-willed but fair person, always backing up her words with pragmatic outlooks, and never doing something unless she believed it would work. She preferred to get to the point on matters, not dither about like a chicken with it's head cut off.

@Enuky K

@Collidias Rex

@HighSanguinaryPriest

Alexei stopped in his path as he saw the old totem pole. As he stared at it, his helmet performed a sort of scan on it. It was trying to identify the wood used, and perform carbon dating to determine its size. Due to the Elven presence on it, the results came back in Elven, a language Alexei could comprehend by hearing it, but he couldnt read it.. It would take a while for his helmet's computer to translate the Elven into a comprehendable alphabet. He sighed, shaking his head and continuing on the path set for him.

At the sound of a trap being sprung, Alexei instinctively raised his weapon as it clicked with an electronic ping. He looked around, trying to discern where that sound came from. Against his better judgment.. He would approach it. No telling how far away this trap and these spirits were.

When he eventually did arrive, his guard momentarily dropped.. What exactly was he looking at? Forest critters bouncing around, and a few more confined with a cage. The first thing that came to Alexei's mind was that there was a trapper at work, here.. But the way these animals hopped about.. It was with a sort of sentience, he thought. If these critters were sentient.. Than wouldnt this not be trapping, but trafficking? In almost every culture Alexei knew of, Trafficking was illegal. But how could he free these critters?

An idea popped into his brain. Cut the metal of the cage, and he had just the tool for it! He sheathed his rifle and came fully into view, grabbing for his baton, and activating it. A yellow laser extended one and a half feet out of the handle, and it resonated with an electric hum. Before he could act though.. How would these spirits react to him?

@Enuky K

Vesper stood beside Adara with an air of authority that simply said Do not piss him off. To the Merchants of the Consortium, he looked like a man ready to declare war, with all the weapons and gear. He could see some of them whisper amongst each other, picking up bits and pieces of what they were saying, most of it being of what rumors they heard about the sixth leagion and the Battle of Arcturas. He could practically taste their fear. That was good, for the Sixth was reknown for their Military prowess, especially of that during the Battle of Arcturas. A battle Vesper had been apart of sixty years ago. A fight that earned him his rank of major. The events of that battle flashed before his minds eye, at the mention of it.

Sixty years ago

-----------------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------------------

Buildings burned as Squad Alpha sailed through the smoke filled air, their jump jets propelling them over the depris and fire. Smoked filled Vesper's vision as, yet his visor's combat systems picked out the forms of their target. A large Imperial anti air cannon. along with a small garrison of soldiers. Tightening his grip on the DT-98, he waited till he cleared the smoke before squeezing the trigger. Gouts of red chemical flame spewed out covering the entrenched troops, before landing in the midst of the burning soldiers, their cries of agony as the semi-liquid fuel burned through their armor, and soon snuffed out the spark of life within. The others in Alpha soon joined him, as they began clearing the platform in a hail of mag-rail rounds, puncturing their armor and the soldiers using it.

//This is Captain Aurel of JST Alpha,objective secured. Moving on to next target.// Vesper said into his suit's radio as the rest of Alpha gathered around the cannon.

//Negative, Alpha. Your new orders are to hold position until reinforcements arrive. Confirm.// His superior replied, filling him with both annoyance and dread. Reinforcements were still an hour out, and him and his squad were in the middle of enemy controlled territory.

Releasing a sigh of resignation, he reponded through clench teeth,
//Affirmative ma'am. Alpha out//

Turning to his men, he could see it in their posture that they knew. They just awaited confirmation. "Command has fucked us. We're to hold Position until Reinforcements arrive." Despited their fears confirmed, they stood resolute and awaited orders. And like a well oiled machine, they set to work rebuilding the barricades and getting into position.

Turning to his second, Vesper pointed to the massive gun. "I want you on that thing Augustus. As soon as you see imperials, i want you to mow them down with it. Leave nothing but paste."

"No need to ask twice cap. By the way, can I keep it afterwards?" Augustus replied getting a laugh from him and the others.

"Augustus, If we survive, I will help you install that thing on the roof of your house." Vesper said retrieving his M-233 as he got into position.

Not even ten minutes passed when the Empire retaliated. Plasma and bullets peppered the fortifications as Vesper and the rest of Alpha held their position. The area was awash in blood and fire, as he let loose a heavy stream of explosive slugs upon the attacking soldiers. They came in droves, only to be made short work by their own anti air cannon being used against them.

Bodies piled high, as the imperials went into full retreat. And what timing they had, as Illustrati Mobile Infantry arrived enmass, taking the city back from the invaders. It was a day forever recorded as The Reclamation of Topaz.

------------------------------------

Vesper was pulled from the memory, as Adara spoke.

"-What do you want, and why is it so important that you had to disturb me?"

[border]

Anthony jabbed Kagin with his elbow and nodded to the doorway. Sure enough - there she was. Councilor Adara - and trailing after her was ... some kind of infantryman?

I swear these assholes just keep getting taller and taller. Kagin thought dryly as they approached. Upon closer inspection, he looked to be ... Illuminati? No, that wasn't it. Illustrati. That was the word.

"
This is Major Aurel of the Sixth Legion, and this little thing is a Spirit from Terran, who I intend to return to it's place of origin. "

Kagin's eyes moved from Adara to the Major, then back ... he couldn't see any spirit. Perhaps it was hidden behind them or around a corner, but it eluded his eyes nonetheless. He made a note to keep an eye out.

"You insist we are snakes ... yet you bring scales and fangs to the dinner table." Kagin nodded pointedly to the soldier who looked like he was about to swing his dick across the table and hit Kagin in the face. He tossed a handful of ice into his maw from a pitcher in the middle of the table. "You there. Are you going to stand around looking stern, or will you be joining us?" His tail flicked. "Intimidation is my sport, Illustrati. You won't make any impression on me. If you are a dog, then continue to stand at the edge of the table, growling, slavering and staring at me like a piece of meat - but I invite you to take a seat with the rest of us and have a meal like a civil person so that I might think better of you."

He glared at the soldier for a moment, then turned back to Anthony. He hefted Anthony's briefcase onto the table and flicked the latches, flipping the case open and removing a leaflet of documents. "The important details are in sections 1-8 through to 1-13, and 2-2 through to 2-13. Though I wouldn't be surprised if you wanted to read the entire leaflet to be safe. It is not a long document." He placed the papers on the table. "If I had my way, Councilor, I wouldn't be bothering you on this day. But it is by your own insistence that we run documents through you for approval - hence here we are. Merchant-General Arcturus Nikata on behalf of Praehardt industries has sent me to secure an experimental trade deal with Ismophobelle Graelfengmuur - the recent proprietor of Garam-Graelf Academia. We wish to provide specialized ammunition for enchanting and infusion purposes and to be returned, as well as a number of Calderan laborers on contracts including a satisfaction-gated refund policy - all of which GGA will be compensated for. In addition, should production of this ammunition continue following experimental trials, GGA will be guaranteed exclusive enchantment rights for a period of sixteen years - ensuring a stable production queue and a stable supply of revenue. Ms Graelfengmuur has already given her unofficial word of approval - with your confirmation we can seal the deal, get things moving, then bury ourselves in food."

[/border]

Sizing up the Calderian, Vesper replied in what could only be described as condesending. "Fiebat, non est parum canis, minorationem complexu habent?" he said in his native tongue before taking said seat beside Councilor Adara. "Non ad mentionem, quod sit elit, quidem, si facti elit. Ferociores sunt, quam tu ego pugnavi et interfecavi calderian" he added tenting his fingers. "So, this is how you do business with an unfamiliar government? I can't say I am impressed with your tactics. You see, back on Custodia, our merchants were pleasant with potential clients in the hopes of selling their products. But what do I know, i'm just a soldier, not a merchant. Perhaps this is how the Consortium work culturally." he said with a stern look.

As little they've had in dealings with the merchants, The Grand Republic have had little good to say of them. They're as underhanded as the gangs of Topaz, and that's just putting it lightly. The biggest thing that put the Grand Republic off, was the fact that the Merchants worked both sides of the fence, supplying the Seperatist enemies, while expecting them to protect their merchant fleets. He would have to talk with Adara about possibly meeting with the Iluustrati ambassador to discuss trade. In fact...

"Perhaps Councilor Adara aught to have a word with Ambassador Raakel over some possibly fruitful trade agreements. I mean, the Republic has been pushing for an alliance with the Federation, we might as well start equipting her soldiers with far more superior technology." he added with a sly smirk. She did say she wanted to show a close relationship to the republic, might as well get what he could out of it while pissing off these children.

@Andraus

@Collidias Rex

OOC: Sorry... I have like barely any time but I dont want to get left... :c

The elven female leaped across tree branches while gazing to the forest floor below. She knew from the warm temperature of the pod that it was recently left there. The perpetrator couldn't have gotten far, she reasoned. At last the intimidating figure of Alexei's armor came into view, causing Alika to freeze in her tracks. She leaned forward slightly and peered over the edge of the branch she was standing on to better see. On the forest floor she could see what looked like a helpless herd of nureal being held in a cage. It was what she had hoped it wouldn't be: a trapper. The woman sighed and began her way down the tree, dropping herself to the lower level branches.

The sight of armed Alexei made the nature spirits even more terrified as it led them to the same conclusion as Alika. This was the trapper returning to finish his job. Suddenly, the furry creatures running about the outside of the cage began to hop upwards through the air. The small group ascended momentarily before vanishing into the atmosphere, leaving the caged nureal to face their doom. At first the antlered fur balls continued to squeal and run about in panic, but when Alexei reached the cage the critters huddled into a corner of the cage to cower in fear. The cage was programmed to neutralize the magic of such creatures, and so the nureal were helpless to escape their predicament.

. . .

Roanoke was eventually brought a high chair to sit in and placed next to Adara once servers noticed the stinky critter was too small to easily reach the tabletop. Now high enough to see the other folks round the table, Roan looked them over. His eyes fell on Kagin the torn and the critter became anxious. He was not comfortable with such a carnivorous-looking being sitting directly across from him.

Roanoke looked with uncertainty to the councilor, wondering if he was safe there or not. The people around were paying him little attention as they discussed their political affairs. Such matters meant nothing to the nature spirit. Distracted by the many scents floating about the restaurant, Roanoke began glancing to other tables. He was resisting the urge to gather food.

Alexei did not respond to the Nureal leaving his presence. The little critters must have been terrified of his armor.. Maybe it was the helmet, fully covering his face and adorned with two glowing blue eyes. The soldier approached the cage, laser baton in hand, and he knelt down. Had he been capable of talking, he would have tried to reassure them that he wasnt there to capture them.. Alas, he remained silent.

Carefully, he brought the baton down on the bars of the cage.. Just to first see if he could cut it. There were sparks flying as the laser touched the cage. Since Alexei had facial protection it didnt bother him much. His baton was no magic; it was a creation of science. With a deep breath, he continued to laser a side of the cage off, his hand on the other end of the baton, as though doing a half hearted job of protecting the spirits from the sparks.

Once it was done, Alexei was back on his feet, staring down at the creatures still in the cage, as one side fell to the forest floor, still smoking from being lasered. He gestured at them with his thumb, as though to tell them to get going. He himself stepped back about six paces. He would not leave until he saw them leave. In the back of his mind, Alexei wondered if this act of liberation would contribute towards his good karma for the day. On that thought, he deactivated his laser baton, hoping the creatures would leave.. And maybe so the trapper could arrive, and Alexei could shoot him.

• I shall bear the responsibilities of my people until I can clear our name.
    Grand Princess Aldrea Elfriede Estrill-Hamee

l16teqL.jpg

It was another day, another hot day. Another crowded day, a day where people were just trying to live the lives they had now. After the war, things just seemed to finally settle down, many races were happy about this, others weren't. Then again, it all depended on your preference. Righting the wrongs that happened during the war, that can't be fixed, not completely. Many races had lost homes, families, friends, things you just can't get back. These same races are most likely the ones who lost their homeworlds, something you just can't get back. Destroying a homeworld was something personal, an act of disgust amongst those who find it fun. But that can't really be helped...things happen and sometimes, you just can't control it.

Sitting in a small park where children play, a young woman sat in the shade, her legs were bent upward and she appeared to be writing. Her pen glided on the digital journal as she shifted her eyes upward ever once is a while, watching the kids play. It was fulfilling. She liked watching them, making sure no harm came to them. No more harm, no more war. Remaining in her human-like form, it was the best way for her to get around, that is if someone recognized her in this form. Her other one, her true one, often brought fear. Fear that wasn't welcomed. Seeing her under a tree, watching children as she was writing, most wouldn't think that she was a GIA.

GIA, a race of monstrous beasts or Chemical beings covered within a metal they considered sacred, they considered theirs. The Living Metal, Gabril. It was named after the King of the Gods in their religion, Gabril the God of Machines, Blacksmithing, and Foretelling. Their God breathed life into the GIA and helped them through everything, but can he help them with their newest dilemma? The dark-skinned female knew of the unfortunate events that happened involving the GIA, she was the one trying to stop it from happening, but to no avail. People already fear or hate the GIA for what they can do, this only made it worse. After all, The GIA were responsible for the destruction of the homeworld Larve Sanctaurii and Arcadia...at least that is what everyone believes...

No one knows the Royal family of the GIA didn't give the order to do it, no one knows about the imposter who pretended to be Aldrea's father to give the order to destroy the planets. Aldrea, grand Princess of Ven'Gia X, knows the story behind the events of the planets, but no one will listen, all before she, herself, is seen as a monster. Aldrea looked towards her Journal before closing it and stood up, looking at the park. The kids of the fallen planets had taken refuge of Sabhado, their last planet. The young female had remembered that the Fampians had taken Mundus, well, at least one did. Aldrea had done some research on the Fampians and she didn't get too far since Fampians never really take about themselves to much.

The GIA Princess just looked to her left and she started to leave the tree and park behind her. She wanted to see the aftermath of the fighting, the aftermath of war. She wanted to see what the people have to do to survive and get information about what people think happened to Larve Sanctaurii and Arcadia, Aldrea knows she has to clear her people name, this is just one responsibility she refuses to have them bear.

[border]

Kagin nodded slowly, keeping his eyes trained on the Illustrati soldier. Kagin calmly reached a hand out as the soldier began moving, which then followed to take the handle of the jug on the table when he realized the man was merely sitting down.

"Collected, yet condescending. A good choice of tone."
He drummed his fingers on the table, tilting his head a fraction. "But your mistake is to overestimate your importance to the situation - I am not here to make a good impression upon you. My interest is in the councilor. Furthermore - this is not a business transaction, rather an authorization procedure to ensure no harm comes to Sabhado through business between my clients and the party of interest. To the best of my knowledge, there is no such risk - but that is not a call for me to make."

With that, he turned back to Adara. He'd left some of the Illustrati's questions unanswered - but those questions were Adara's to answer, not his. To her side, he noticed an abrupt appearance of another party. His hand tensed for a moment, but the pieces clicked together an instant later. The nature spirit. Something jumped in the back of his mind as he remembered the last time he'd been caught staring at a small creature ... he immediately brought his gaze back to the Councilor and the soldier.

"... a piece of advice - and given personally, rather than professionally. If the Republic does indeed have interest in forming an alliance, it is best not to discuss it in front of a "Consortium snake" such as myself, no matter how trivial the details." He scooped another ice cube from the pitcher and held it flat in his palm for a moment - then suddenly squeezed his fist around it, crushing it. "Slips of the tongue can happen to the best of us, and the consortium will do with that information the exact thing it has always done best ..." He opened his hand again and licked the ice from his palm. "... capitalize on it at your expense."

[/border]

Vesper only smirked at the Calderan, before responding. "If this information was not meant to be shared, my brains would have been splattered across this table as we speak." He replied his smirk quickly fading to a neutral expression. "That being said, I've been around far longer than you or your friends here. Do not assume youth trumps experience. Especially when it comes to an unknown, such as myself, or my people." he explained tenting his fingers on the table. "Also, a fair bit of advice for you and your partners. A slip of the tongue, is all it takes to destroy a reputation, or a world. Remember that, Kagin The Thorne, child of Achell." he said raising from his seat, and stepping away From the group. "Councilor Adara, I shall take my leave. If you wish to find me or the ambassador, you know where to find us." He said giving a slight bow before straightening up. In a crisp motion, that only could be developed over years of military training, and dissopline, he turned on his heel, and left, a smirk once again gracing his features. "I think i made a good impression"

At a brisk pace, he left the establishment, quickly assessing his surrounding for any threats. His eyes soon fell upon a woman, sitting upon a tree branch overlooking the establishment. Placing his helmet back on, he began making is way over towards the woman, looking as if he hadn't noticed her. Information flooded the HUD of his helmet, as he gazed upon her.

Species: A'Thera

Height: 1.6764 Meters

Sex: Female

Name: Unkonwn

Homeworld: Unknown

Biology enhanced with technology. Possible threat. Approach with caution.

His suit, continued to desplay information, even going as far as body temperature, and hormone levels. Kicking caution in between the legs, and going with his gut, Vesper cleared his throat to garner her attention. "Waiting for someone miss?" he asked, his voice slightly modulated due to the helmet's speakers, making it sound slightly metallic.

@Andraus @Collidias Rex @Cheshire Grin

Adara was drumming her fingers, lightly waiting for the two males to finish. She was agitated, it showed, but she was waiting patiently for their show to finish. Opting to pick up the spread that was available to her, she read it over as the two argued and bantered, taking the time to allow herself for a lack of distraction. Setting the paper down, She'd look towards Kagin. "I'll give this to you in the simplest way possible: No. "She said, scanning over the paper, checking for anything she'd missed on her second look.

"Half of the profits from this endeavor we'd gain from this would be pushed towards purchasing it for our guards and military. Not to mention, once our rivals get a hold of this, we'd have no proper counter-measures in place to protect our people, thus pushing forward with your Consortium for better armor, and that'd more than likely take the rest of what we'd earn, if not more. "Adara said. She was not blind. She always focused on the long-term gain, as focusing on short term would simply mean they'd be blind to possible danger.

Adara had to take into consideration what the effects this weapon would have on the current state affairs. Short-term? They gained better counter-measures and defenses against raiders, but long term? They'd pour more money into developing better shielding and armor against the weapons the Consortium would make, and that would mean they'd need more materials. Who'd gain from that? The Consortium. Adara's people would lose out either way. She wasn't going to let her people fall for the Mercantile Consortium's game.

"Now, if you have a better offer, or anything actually worth bothering me over, I suggest you make it quick. I'm starving, and right now I'd likely kill for some- Oh what the hell?!" Adara swore, hearing loud commotion outside. "What in the world would make all....that....noise..."She said, as she'd look up.

In the skies, flying over the capitol city of Sabhado, was a massive fleet of starships. On the starships was branded a massive logo, a symbol of defiance. Where once it stood as a symbol of the policing force of the planes, now it stood as a mark of pride for the survivors of the war. It also marked their promise: No matter what was thrown at them, no matter how hard they were beaten down, they'd rise back up and spit in the face of death. For every fallen soldier, two more would rise.

In the skies above was a segment of the Larvae Sanctaurii military fleet.

It was likely a procurement force: Resupply at a planet, and return to the fleet to distribute resources. However, one ship in particular stuck out: It was outfitted with heavy artillery, state of the art weapons, armor, and shielding tech the likes of which have rarely been seen. It ws
the Justiciar, the Capital ship of the Sanctaurii fleet, and the personal vessel of Troy Conners, the Admiral of the Sanctaurii fleet.

No.

Kagin's icy glare remained fixed on Adara as the words echoed from one side of his head to the other. No. Just like that.

No.

He sat silently as Adara rattled on. She had some valid concerns, he couldn't deny that - it was certain that the developmental rounds would end up being fired at Sabhado eventually - but in the grand scheme of things, it seemed the councilor was overestimating and underestimating many, many factors of this deal and had failed to see the reality of the deal.

But then again - Kagin was an ambassador. Perhaps a councilor had a vastly different set of considerations to take into account. Even so, he felt she was being a little ridiculous.

... but then again ... circumstances weren't exactly the most ideal, were they?

"... we will be back." He said at length. "Terms will be reviewed and revisions will be made, and you will be hearing from us again ... but not today." He sighed and leaned back in his seat, stretching his arms up above his head and arching his back. He'd passed the first obstacle - that was Isophobelle. Adara would take a little effort and some edits to the contract, but it would go through eventually - even if it meant circumventing Adara entirely through a lengthy small-scale-trading loophole, though that was the last resort. "Enough business for today. Since I've taken up your time - let me throw around some consortium money constructively and pay for your lunch. It's-"

He stopped short and leaned across the table with a short grumble as Adara made her outburst. Ah, yes ... the noise. He'd been wondering about that, but had figured it wasn't something significant. Apparently it was - so the councilor's reaction seemed to suggest.

"... friend of yours?" Kagin quipped, following her gaze. He spoke in jest - there was no way in a thousand hells he could mistake that ship. "... is she going to be joining us? Because I don't think she likes me."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back