• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy World building partners wanted!

Darth Echo

Lord of the Sith
My name is Oni, I'm a young lad with an itch to write. I'm looking for a literate partner capable of writing at least 1-2 paragraphs per post. The ideal partner would play a female character, and enjoy world-building-- as the title suggests. One last thing, I would really prefer someone to play other characters in the world. I want us to both narrate the story, take equal parts in it-- I don't want to have to drag you along ^.^;; Any other questions can be asked in a pm~!

Plot Idea:

Imagine a nuclear post-apocalyptic world-- classic, right? Now imagine a fantasy world plagued by a demon crusade to end all existence. The only way to stop the demons was to use a forbidden spell so powerful it destroyed not only the enemies of humanity but humanity itself. Residual magic infects the planet, morphing once-normal creatures into violent monsters, turning a beautiful forest into a twisted death-trap. The only safe place is the Underworld. The Underworld is a series of tunnels and cave systems humans fled to where the corrupting touch of magic hadn't yet reached.

The Underworld wasn't exactly a paradise though. Dark and forgotten creatures already lived there when the remnants of humanity took residence, causing territorial wars between these monsters and humanity. Not only that, but without a consistent government, bandits run rampant looting and killing as they please. Those brave enough to venture to the surface are often artifact hunters or someone else with an agenda. Not all of the surface is hostile, but a surface-dweller can never predict when an arcane anomaly will appear.

Well I appreciate that haha. I play either male or female, so that's fine.

Honestly this is my first attempt at world building, but I'm eager and excited!

sweet! PM me? I'm not sure how this site works, but I would like to see what more of your ideas are like.

Hey, this sounds really cool if you're still open to other writers! ^^. I have no preference for male or female characters either, and end up weaving multiple characters in the story anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back