• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Working in H.E.L.L Ain't That Bad (Modern Fantasy) (Looking for 2 more people)

What department should we work for?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bum Bear

So I'm an alien now
General Synopsis:
Many religions and myths have pointed to the end of of humanity, may it be through fire, fighting of the gods, or some other fantastical means. However, each story ends the same, humanity is left destroyed and from it's ashes, a new world is born, a new generation. There have been a great many who've tried to predict the exact day, some dates stemming as far as 66 CE to as recent as 2012. Fortunately, none of these predictions have proven true as man continues living on their day to day life, many straying away from the path of God with the advancement of technology and science. However, who would have thought that such a dooms day actually existed and stemming from American Evangelism no less. It was a day as mundane as any other, people went to work, children to school, and everything else that was normally done during the day. That all changed when flashes of white lights began appearing across the globe as men, women, and children began disappearing before their loved one's very eyes. As soon as the last light left a voice could be heard in the minds of those who remained.

"You children who have strayed away from the path of God have been left in this world to repent for the grave sins that you've committed. You shall pay for your lack of faith, the Rapture has come."
With that, the voice disappeared and was replaced by the ear piercing cries of something inhuman, devils bursting through the ground with some taking humanoid appearances while others an amalgamation of your worst fears. Hell was unleashed onto this blasphemous earth tasked with making it a living hell for sinners. As the humans wept and quaked with fear at the sight of the demons, a single man with pale skin doning a pair of blue eyes and blonde hair rose to the front of every hoard, his ebony wings, the indicator that he too was a demon, spoke.

"God has left you to rot in your sins, placing blame unto you, his creation, just as he had done to me so long ago. He has abandon you all and left your suffering in my hands as he parades in the Heaven's above. Now ain't that just typical of the man who calls himself your father. Well, I'm not here as your executioner, but as a businessman. I'd like to make a deal with those of this Earth, and in exchange, there shall be no changes in your measly lives."

He spoke as businessmen should. All he wanted, surprisingly, was cohabitation. This began a new era of man and demon living in a world where God has abandon them. A few years have passed and a new business has opened up, H.E.L.L : Here Everyone Lives Life, where man and devil work together in order to help devils and humans live with one another. They have multiple branches, and are considered a jack-of-all-trades working from policing to marriage counseling, the company sees to its customer's every need. Now will you be apart of this ever growing community of humans and devils?

Details:
Hi all! Bum is back after like a 1+ year hiatus from roleplaying, so sorry if that synopsis wasn't the best thing to read. However, I'm looking to make a Modern Fantasy Rp with a few interested people in a world of man and devils living as normally as one could possible live in such a setup. I'm still working on the kinks and think the main setting will be at one of H.E.L.L's buildings. I would love for some help in formulating ideas to make this RP more fun, so if you have any comments or suggestion feel free to let me know.

Thread Links: Main ||CS ||OOC ||Lore

• I don't have many rules so just bear with me.
    1. This is going to be a Lazy Lit RP so a minimum of two paragraph of five sentences is required.
    2. If you join, please be as active as possible. Maybe two post a week at the minimum.
    3. Basic Grammar is required. Mistakes are normal, but if post become unreadable then there's a problem.
    4. This will not be heavily romance centered. There can be romance, but I want this to be more of a whacky comedic rp with a cast of normal to ridiculous characters.
    5. Post below if you're interested.
    6. Have Fun
    7. Please follow all the rules above.

Last edited:
Honestly, I just want to read this rp. I dont think any of my characters would fit in here but I love the story.

Anonymous Anonymous
Haha, Thank you! I really just want a roleplay where peeps can be goofy as hell being a tentacle beast or your plain average Joe working together to solve marriage problems or
something else mundane. And it's okay, appreciate you taking the time to read this X3! Although if you're ever interested I'll be bummin' round here.

Solirus Solirus
Okay, glad you're interested. I will further elaborate how I see the main setting, goals, and structure of this rp.
pinnasina pinnasina
Thanks for being here!

Crow Crow , A Friendly Shark A Friendly Shark , Huntertabbysandshark3 Huntertabbysandshark3 , Araellion Araellion , SweetRose SweetRose , and Sostos Sostos .
I thank you all for your interest! Here some of the layout for those still interested.
Also, I created a poll where people can vote which department of H.E.L.L we should focus on. Everyone has two votes, and from the results I will decide based on the top 2. Thanks!

• The start of dooms day, or the Rapture as God has called it, was in August 23 of 2024. During this period, the world was in utter chaos as people from all over the globe began disappearing one by one, unmanned vehicles crashing into buildings, other cars, and even gas stations. Planes without pilots dove into the depths of the water if lucky to be flying over a large enough body of water while other found themselves crash landed on mountains, forest, and even cities. There were numerous disasters that was caused because of the Rapture with many people losing their lives in the process nearly cutting the world's population in half. It would be safe to assume that with the introduction of demons or Devils, as they preferred to be called, only added fuel to the ever growing fear that sprung within the last of humanity. However, Lucifer Morningstar proposed a deal that humanity could not refused as God had unleashed the restraints on hell that had once separated man from sin in an attempt for man to repent, for he knew that Lucifer and his minions would torment the lost souls for all eternity. Of course he would, that was why Hell was created in the first place. However, Lucifer had other plans. He had grown sick of judging men for sins of his father's creation. More so, he hated the idea of doing his father's bidding while the primordial bastard sat in luxury. Thus he formulated a deal in which man and devil would inhabit the same plane of reality and coexist with one another, and by doing this man could continue to live life as the knew it, but with a few meager changes, as Lucifer had put it. He and his demons would help in the rebuilding of humanity in exchange that humanity live together with his brethren. Lucifer gave them a time limit of a two weeks so humanity may bring him a representative who would either agree or decline his offer. However, this was not necessary as a man in his mid thirties stepped out onto the front, holding the clothes of a child in the palm of his hand and immediately agreed to his wishes. This man ,James Takahiro, a Japanese immigrant living within America, who immediately took the hand of the Devil and swore that he'd do everything in his power to live with these devils.

As one would imagine, this was not well received by those in the crowd, and Lucifer was indeed a man of business. He needed a representative of humanity, and so he asked the humans across the globe if this man spoke for them all. No one spoke, no one except James who made a convincing enough argument for those who heard to side with him. It was on that day humanity and Devil began to rebuild a new. Towering monstrosity lifted up airplanes from the city streets, while silver lizard ate away at the metal structures. Winged Devils went about cleaning the air of pollution caused by man's greed, while many devils of various shapes and sizes worked on another aspect of broken down humanity. At first, this people were in fear of their new neighbor, but through James humans began helping in the rebuilding efforts which is what led to the creation of a new city named Morrah after one of the biblical cities that God had said to have destroyed. Here man and devil live together.

If there are anymore questions or if you all have any suggestions then please let me know and I would be happy to discuss them with you.

Bum Bear Bum Bear

I'm willing to play either a human or devil, but I think I'm going to wait a bit before I make my decision. I'm currently leaning towards human, though.

A question: What crystals do H.E.L.L give out? I guess that it's not going to be silver or black, but what about the others?

A Friendly Shark A Friendly Shark
Crystals from Red to Emerald are given, but due to the nature of Yellow, Yellow is given out less frequently.
Silver is also awarded to humans, but that is dependent on your position within the company. So far, I will only be giving out one to Department Head.
Black is never awarded to humans, but it is capable of being sold in demon controlled smuggling rings. But yes, Black is something that no one
will be given as of now.

Oh I forgot to mention that Human characters can be criminals, but for those interested in making a human with a felony charge there are specific criteria they must go through for them to be hired. Just putting that option on the table!

Bum Bear Bum Bear
I think I'd like to take a Human role as I love the idea of a regular human suddenly being able to use magic. When do you plan on releasing character sheets? What roles are there?

A Friendly Shark A Friendly Shark
Okie doke, can do!
I will probably release is once I figure out the department that everyone will be working in,
so I should release is no later than tomorrow morning.

Angelofwishes7 Angelofwishes7
I think we may already be full, but we do have some who may be uninterested in joining after my elaboration. If you would wait to see if those individuals are still willing to join then I would be happy to let you in, although I am not sure if Devil positions will still be open.

Huntertabbysandshark3 Huntertabbysandshark3
I am trying to get them done by tonight once I close the poll.
And done!

Sostos Sostos
No worries! And Done!

Solirus Solirus , SweetRose SweetRose
Ello! Are you both still interested in joining?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back