• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Wolves Run Free

MadamMadness

A Girl With A Hidden Secret
Deep in the woods, the wolves hide away from humans. Waiting for their chance to take back the territory that was taken away from them. This is the last bit of land that has not been taken from the wolves by humans. Hunters and trappers run rampant in the land that surrounds the little sanctuary the wolves have created for themselves. The Alpha (me) of this land is waiting for more wolves to come, so maybe one day they can stand up to the humans. The land is rugged, and very mountainous. The wolves hide out in a valley between mountains. A stream runs through, and the area is surrounded by woods. The land is always covered in snow, and melts very rarely.

This is an open roleplay for anyone who wants to join. Now, it is mainly for wolves, but I will consider hybrids/mixed breeds. This is my first time creating a roleplay, so please bare with me through it.

Wolf Roles

Alpha Male: Nuka (EclipseRising)

Alpha Female: Thorn (me)

Beta Male: ???

Beta Female: Jenna (RevolverOshawott)

Healer(s): ???

Male Fighter: Jay (xXxKateKayesxXx)

Female Fighter: Emi (beautifulsweetsong)

Male Defender: Ezekiel (MusicWolf345)

Female Defender: Freyja (MorticiansDaughter)

Gammas: ???

Pups: Ryder/Rayla (xXxKateKayesxXx)

Omegas: Azrael (BlackOrchids)

Rules:

1. Fighting for dominance is allowed, but must go through one of the Alphas first.

2. There will be mates, but nothing to detailed in the nature of it.

3. No swearing, there is no need for it here.

4. If you do die you can become a Guardian over the living wolves, or start over as a pregnant female, or pup.

Last edited by a moderator:
Her claws scraped on the dark grey rock as she climbed upon it to take her perch. Even thought she sat upon a tall rock, everyone knew it wasn't the Alpha's rock, but merely the fighter's rock to oversee the pack. Her blue eyes wandered over the pack as they went on with their day and she gave a sigh, sitting down on her haunches. The wind ruffled her fur and she took in a whiff of the air and smiled, "It smells so fresh. Days like this I am so glad to be alive." A small smile played along her lips as her ears perked over to hear the squeak of playful pups. Even though Emi is the oldest female among the ranked, no one can believe she is at 2 years. The female wolf has show-cased her skills to the Alpha and since then have been able to maintain her position as a fighter. Her eyes glanced over to the Alphas and she laughed quietly to herself, "I once never imagined that I would have young-lings leading the pack, but here I am today to see it before my eyes and I have to hand it to them, they have done a pretty good job. The pack is happy. The food is plentiful for us all, and I'm happy to serve them." Emi sighed and glanced around at the rest of the pack overseeing the others.

She took a deep breath, and let it out slowly. Thorn laid perched up on her rock, watching over the pack to see that everyone was doing well. She looked over to see Emi watching over everyone from atop her rock. The sound of the stream nearby made the Alpha relax back down for a second. Thorn thought for a moment, "I've been laying here for quite some time now, I should probably get up and at least walk around." She stood up from where she was, and started to stretch some. Then began heading down the rocks from her perch. She took the same way down that she had all those times before this point. She put her nose to the air, and took in a deep breath. All she picked up was her pack, and the usual scents that came from around their territory. Thorn looked around for a moment, and decided to head to the stream. This was her favorite place out of all the land in their territory. It was always peaceful, and calming. A good place to go when she needed to get her head cleared from all the thoughts running through it.

Jay yawned, his eyes opening slowly. He'd overslept a bit, but he honestly didn't care. He was going to just lay there for a little while longer, but he knew if someone caught sight of him he'd get in trouble. Groaning, he stood up, stretching. Once he was upright, he shook himself routinely, before glancing around. Coast was clear. Now all he had to do was pretend like he'd been up for a few hours.

///

Rayla pounced on top of Ryder, a squeaky howl escaping her tiny mouth. "Surrender!" she grinned evilly, looking down at her brother in triumph. "Hey, get off!" the other pup protested, squirming to get away. "Never!" she responded, but nevertheless she complied and got off her brother, if not a little annoyed. "C'mon, Ryder, why're you always such a stick in the mud?" He glared at her and made a face, but the two trotted off together, both grinning. Customary sibling rivalry.

Emi's blue eyes wandered over to see Jay emerge from the cave, and her nose scrunched up slightly and she smirked, "Well looks like someone is up." The older female wolf stood up on the rock, and coiled the back of her legs underneath her body. When she had enough jumping power within her hind quarters, she sprung herself forward, leaping off the rock. The wind rushed by her and she dropped down right in front of Jay, smiling slightly, "Well someone decided to appear, huh? Morning sleepy head." Emi laughed, sitting right down in front of the young male wolf. Even though there was a few downfalls of working alongside a younger wolf, it was nice for a change from her previous pack. The older wolf didn't mind working with Jay.

"Uh oh..." the male muttered when he saw Emi, but in a good-natured way. He liked her, she was a good partner, and he wouldn't trade her for the world. "Hey Emi," he sighed, smirking a little. "What are you talking about? I've totally been up this whole time..." He yawned, which didn't exactly help his case.

The female wolf smiled and pawed at his snout playfully, "Sure kid, you've been up since dawn with me? Then where have you been?" She laughed, flashing a white grin. She got up on all fours and murmured, "I should punish you for sleeping in, but you worked hard yesterday, so I'll cut you some slack. Though if I see you sleeping in again Jay, I'll be the one to personally wake you up myself and it won't be a nice good-morning." She growled playfully before turning her back to him to walk back to her perch where she was originally watching the pack from.

Thorn looked back to where her pack was at. She laughed quietly to herself as she saw the pups wrestle for a second, then walk off together. It made her happy to see that the pups were doing well within their pack. She wasn't quite sure how they would handle the new pack life they had joined. Thorn's eyes wandered more, and saw Jay and Emi speaking with one another. Thorn thought, "Those two make quite the pair for this pack. I wouldn't want any other fighters to protect this pack. Both have proven many times that they are loyal to the pack." She turned back to the stream, and jumped in. Thorn began to splash around as if she were a pup again. Little things like this is what made everything perfect to her.

"Jeeze, Emi," he joked, smirking at the older wolf. "No need to get feisty. So I slept in, it's not the end of the world." He rolled his eyes playfully but nodded anyway. "Okay, okay, I get it. I'll be up early tomorrow, okay?" he placed a paw over his chest. "Promise." He grinned at her and then watched her leave. He noticed Thorn head off into the stream, but didn't do anything. Taking a deep breath, he headed off to his post.

Nuka had just returned from his hunt he was dragging a large buck in his mouth that he'd been tracking for several days he had just cornered it this morning so it was a fresh kill "I'm back" he announced as he dropped the buck in the center of the pack meeting place, he had to admit he was a bit tired but he'd never let it show he was too proud, Nuka smiled as he watched his pack members playing around he would join them later but for now he needed to rest so he padded over to his usual resting place under a shaded oak tree "these hunts are getting longer" he said as he plopped down into the soft grass.

The scent of a fresh kill brought her attention to the center of the pack and her ears perked forward to Nuka had return, and her blue eyes lit up.

"Oh my. The Alpha has brought back one heck of a fine piece of fresh kill for the pack. Looks plump." She murmured. The female wolf leaped from her perch and greeted the Alpha male, "Welcome back sir! And my what a nice one you brought back?"

Thorn turned, and saw that Nuka had returned from his hunt. She noticed he had been gone for quite a while this time. A little longer than his usual hunts were. She got out of the stream, and shook herself off before heading back to the center of the pack. Thorn headed over to where Nuka had headed. "It's good to see you made it back okay, and with a kill. I'm glad to have you back around here."

Nuka looked up at EmI and Thorn smiling "you all may help yourself to the kill, yes I ran into a few..problems along the way" humans were setting up traps around the edge of the forest so it caused a bit of a delay avoiding them all but he managed to get back safely "how are the young ones doing? " he loved those two pups they really livened things up around here even when everyone was sad so he'd taken care of them as if they were his own.

Thorn smiled at Nuka as he talked. "Well, I'm glad that you made it back okay." Her smile widened, and she looked towards the pups. "The pups are doing well. They wrestled for a coupke seconds then walked off again with each other. Normal sibling behaviors. They are fun to watch, and see them have fun." She smiled at the thought of her days as a pup, probably some of her best memories.

"Nuka!" the pups squeaked in unison, scampering up to the group excitedly. "You're back!" Rayla bounced, running up to the alpha male and pawing at him playfully. "Thank you, Nuka!" Ryder added, upon seeing the loot that had been brought back as well. "What happened while you were gone?" Rayla asked, eyes wide. "Anything exciting?!"

Ezekiel returns from another patrol around the area. He quietly sits on the edge of the gathering and stares off into the distance as he thinks to himself and waits for everyone to get their share of the kill.

Jay noticed Ezekiel not too far away and decided to join him. "Hey," the younger wolf grinned, sitting down on the edge of the gathering beside him. "Haven't seen you in a while. Just get back from a patrol?" He gazed down at the commotion below and noticed Nuka was back. He also watched the pups as they happily played around, and smirked to himself.

"That's good," he replied, stretching a little bit. "Y'know, you don't talk much, do you?" he asked, smirking a bit. He yawned and gazed out behind him at the wide open spaces, a little bit longingly. "I kind of feel like stretching my legs as well..." he muttered, before turning back to look at the others below.

Jenna smelling a kill in the distance she hoped down her perch and followed the scent the pregnant wolf could feel her pups kicking which means they demand food other wolves could barely notice she's pregnant thanks to her rather thick fur which made her fatter than she already is.

(Sorry I'm bad at intro posts)

Jay smiled and shrugged. "It's cool. I get it. And you're not being rude, just quiet." He shook himself, and yawned again. "So...how are ya feeling?" he asked, looking at the other mammal, smirking. "What have you been doing?" He wanted the other to talk a little, but didn't want to seem like it.

Sees the younger wolf stretch and gets the sensation to run for the fun of it. "I have been fine for the most part, the pack is safe and that is all that matters, but I haven't done much other then patrols. Speaking of doing things I am about to go for a nice run would you like to join me?" Ezekiel replies as he gets up and stretches his legs out.

(Ill be posting later when I get the chance!) 
Freyja trotted through the forest sniffing around for some food. She hoped at least something big..something she could get full off of and maybe feed her an extra day. Eating was becoming difficult as she traveled and she was getting skinny. With her ears perked she stopped and looked around, blue eyes glowing in the light. Her ear twitched when she heard movement and in the next few seconds she was running. Her hind legs kicked up dirt and she charged into bushes snarling and growling. When she came up she had a small rabbit trapped in her jaws. Definitely not big but it would have to do for now.

Azrael laid near the mouth of the pack den, lazily almost, when the smell of a fresh kill reached his sensitive nose. Something was dead, the sweet smell of freshly spilt blood and raw meat made his mouth water and his tail wag a bit, but the feelings ceased instantly. He was an omega. Bottom on the rank.

A nobody.

Omegas eat last; if there was anything left.

His ranking never ceased to cause him added grief and annoyance, always making his life much harder than need be. The dapple gray wolf stood, stretching his limbs and letting out a noisy yawn. If he wanted to eat, he had to get his food himself- without anyone seeing him.

Just because he hated being an omega, he wasn't going to stop acting like one.

Omegas were good at nothing. That's why they were at the bottom of the rank. Azrael slowly walked towards the packs usual hunting grounds, and after making sure he was alone he began snuffling through the tall grass and pressing an ear to the ground. After a while he found a rabbit's den, filled to the brim with week old baby rabbits.

He ate every last one.​

Users who are viewing this thread

Back