• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Wolf in the Hen House

Nova perked up when Adam said that he and Felix werent an item. "Of course, I just like to tease Felix a little, shes such a heartbreaker after all, and you can have whatever you like, Sasha said that you were a VIP and to treat you as such," she turned and beamed at the redhead. "Your usual Felix? We have a strawberry truffle today too, if youd like to try that, I think its better than the raspberry."

Felix sighed and scanned over the menu, "Actually today I think I want the sage honey creme, and one of the rose blossom cakes," the redhead. And let Sasha know we're here please, even though he probably already does.

Nova continued beaming "Of course, anything for you Felix," she took the redheads hand and bowed low over it, brushing her lips across the back of the hand in a courtly gesture usually given only by men. Nova straightened back up and turned her attention to Adam "And Ill be back with your espresso in two shakes of a bunny's nose," and bounced off leaving the frustrating redhead in the secluded booth with the hunter.

Adam sat quietly, though he raised an eyebrow at Nova's mannerisms. Once the girl had left he turned to Felix. "She's an interesting one. Looks to me like you've got an admirer." he said, glancing over to where Nova had wandered off. "Correct me if I'm wrong, but you really don't look too amused. Pity, you'd make a cute couple." he teased, his smirk looking as disconcerting as usual because of the scar. Though he tried to make light of the situation, there was still that sharp edge to his voice, one that he never seemed to lose while he was working.

Felix arched an eyebrow at Adam. "So just because Im a monster Im automatically more likely to be gay? I dont think so, I like men, masculine, strong, confident men," she let herself half leer at Adam, her eyes raking along the edge of his face, putting a naked heat into her eyes "Nova's soft. I like scars and stubble, it shows the strength and survival instincts in a man. Not to mention they add a nice textural addition to explore on a lovers body," she leaned forward slightly over the table, her pert breasts on display in the camisole, drawing attention to the cooler than average temperature in the cafe. She rolled her lower lip under, moistening it as her eyes slowly bled to black.

Nova bounced back to the table just in time to see Felix's little display, but she put on a stiff upper lip as she put down the expresso in front of Adam. "Anything else for you sir?" the little blonde asked, leaning her hip into his side of the table, putting her back to Felix and her display.

"I never said that." he replied, watching her for a few moments. He narrowed his eyes slightly as she seemed to show a sudden interest in him. Not something he was expecting, that was for sure. Had it been any other situation he would have played right along, but sadly this time was different. He scratched at the scar on his cheek again, glancing up as Nova came over.

"Thank you." he said, thinking for a moment. "Just the manager... and possibly a muzzle. Your friend looks like she might start foaming at the mouth in lust at any moment." he said with a cheeky grin.

Nova tossed a look over her shoulder at Felix and her display before looking back at Adam "Ill go check on Sasha and get an Eta for you. Oh and I wouldnt take her to heart, her little show is probably all for me," a touch of hurt crept into her voice showing that she might actually have a genuine interest in Felix. She turned and walked away.

Felix leaned back in her seat, her eyes bled back to their normal stormy grey. She nodded a bit before saying "Sorry, but she is right, the little show was all for her. It gets annoying when she just wont leave it alone since shes the wrong gender," she glanced sideways out of the booth "Dont let her touch you... She has this uncanny knack for knowing things she shouldnt know just by touching you. Its why she does her little hand kissing routine. Truthfully Im surprised she didnt try it on you. Maybe because youre so obviously business first." She frowned for a second, looking down before putting on a wry smile "At least you got a little bit of a show out of the deal eh?" At that a tall leggy Brunette vampire in a long oriental dress brought an overlarge wine glass filled with a slightly golden frothy drink topped with whipped cream, and set down what looked to be a blown crystal straw with it, followed by the small golden cake that looked like a cup filled with a clear pink syrup and topped by a sugared rosebud, with a fork and knife balanced on its plate that looked as though they were really gold plated. The vampire winked at Felix and said "I know the rules love, no silver for our little princess," in a slightly french accented voice that was at odds with her slanted chocolate eyes.

Adam nodded his thanks, watching as Nova left. "An entertaining show at that." he said, glancing over at Felix. "Such a pity that's all it was." he added, the cold edge in his voice surprisingly absent. He pulled out his wallet and pulled what looked like a litmus strip out of it, dipping it into the expresso in front of him. When he pulled it out there didn't seem to be any change, so he put it in his pocket and took a sip of the coffee. Almost immediately he felt more lively and on point.

"This is some damn good coffee. I may have to come here more often." he mused to himself, glancing up at the vampire that had brought Felix her order.

"So, the blonde one's a clairvoyant." he thought to himself, sipping at his coffee as he tried to ignore the vampire. To say he wasn't too fond of them would be an understatement.

Felix smiled a little to herself, dipping her straw into the whipped cream and using it almost as a spoon to pull some out, before locking it off the end of the straw with a dainty flick of her tongue. "Mmm. Everything they make here is good, the whipped cream is fresh made daily," she settled her straw into the drink and took a sip of the cold chilled sweetened cream drink. She looked him dead in the eyes, letting her intelligence show "And of course it was only a show, I've met men like you before, when youre working youre all business, I know better than to bother trying for real," her eyes dipped back down to her cake, plucking a petal off the candied rose and spoke in a softer voice "Of course I wasnt lying either, I know better than to try and lie to men like you," she popped the petal into her mouth and shrugged before digging into the tiny cake with her fork.

Nova appeared just as Felix took her second bite of cake, still ignoring the redhead. "Sasha says he's ready to see you, if you'll just follow me to his office, he said hes glad to help you in any way he can," the blonde gestured as if to wait for him to rise out of the booth. "And of course if youd like another espresso, or anything else to drink I can arrange to bring it to you there."

Adam watched her for a few moments, listening to her quietly. He couldn't help but smile a bit at her words. "You're a smart one, I'll give you that. For only being six months changed, you certainly know a lot about a hunter's demeanor." he said, sipping at his coffee. He stole a sideways glance at Felix for a moment, before looking up at Nova.

"Let him know that I'd prefer to speak with him out here. I'm not overly fond of being somewhere with a single, closed exit." he said, chuckling a bit. "I may be just a bit paranoid. I'm sure he'll understand. It's not like our conversation is anything that requires privacy. By the way, the expresso is delicious. I think I'll have another."

Nova beamed at Adam when he commented the drink "Of course! Ill send one over while I give Sasha your message," and she bounced off practically skipping.

Felix watched the bouncing blonde and chuckled "If youre too nice to her shell start pestering you too," she took another bite of her cake. "And its not hunters... Ive been around serious men, dangerous men, my whole life. My dad does business in Japan all the time, hes had dealing with Yakuza, when youre left on your own that often when youre young you learn quick who is approachable and who isnt. In all honesty youre the first hunter that Ive met." The tall Asian vampire showed up again to drop off Adam's second espresso without a word, as if she knew familiarity would be unwelcome with him.

Adam chuckled a bit at her comment about Nova, but didn't say anything. He listened to her and nodded.

"Hopefully I'll be the last hunter you meet. Normally our interactions with... people like yourself aren't this friendly." he said, pulling another of the strips from his wallet. He tested the new cup and once he was satisfied he took a sip.

"Yakuza... There's quite a few vampires that hang around those circles. Luckily I'm not planning a trip to Japan any time soon." he said, and for the first time he seemed to lose that coldness about him. There was still tension around him like a coiled spring, however, as if he was ready to fight at any moment.

Felix smirked as he tested his second espresso. "You know, I dont think you have to worry about being poisoned here, it would be bad for business, this is one of the businesses owned by the Master of the City herself, she would literally dismember an employee who hurt any of her customers. She owns Love Bites too. All new employees get the same lecture. Shes gotta be the scariest thing Ive ever met."

"I wouldnt know about vampires in the Yakuza, dad quit taking me on business trips after he found me having a tea party with one of the Yakuza's assassins and was advised to be more careful with me. I only see him twice a year now."

Sasha finally made his way over to their table, causing Felix to almost choke as she hurried to swallow her drink. He patted her gently on the back "Its ok Felix, you dont have to do any of our greetings when Im working, calm down," he gestured for her to scoot over so he could seat himself across from the hunter. Once he did he turned to Adam and extended his hand "Greetings, I'm Sasha, Ulfric of the Stone Wolf Clan, what can I do to help you?"

Last edited by a moderator:
"Force of habit. I've been poisoned before, I'm not going to let it happen again." he said, taking another sip. He nodded as he listened, glancing up as Sasha showed up. He shook the man's hand.

"Adam Wilson. I'm looking for a vampire that's been charged with multiple illegal feedings and turnings, including the turning of an underage girl." he said, pulling his phone out. He brought up the picture and set the phone down in front of Sasha, scratching at his scar. "Felix has helped as much as she's been able, but I need a more experienced voice in the matter." he explained, sipping at his coffee. He was a bit surprised that Sasha would be so willing to speak in public, but he just assumed that's because even if he wasn't in his office, he would be safe in the cafe. It wasn't like the place was packed with people, even now with the evening just starting it was pretty empty, surprisingly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sasha nodded and looked obligingly at the picture before speaking "Of course, I have more interactions with the fangers than Felix does, and any vamp thats going to commit to that kind of violence is one I'd love to see off the streets, though I cant say that Ive seen this one before, he's either young to have been so stupid, or hes an out of towner. Im afraid I cant be much help."

The Ulfric leaned back in the seat and reached out one hand to stroke Felix's head, "Now what I'd like to know is what made you decide to pick on poor little Felix here for information? Youd have been better off asking a vampire. Or hell, even a wereleopard, theyre the master's animal, they have more contact with the vamps that we." The ulfric's aura started to swell, enough that poor Felix held herself very still in the ebb of her master's anger.

Adam watched him as he spoke, setting the cup down for a moment. He folded his fingers together and leaned forward, narrowing his eyes slightly. "I see. Sorry for wasting your time then." he said, an eyebrow quirking when he called Felix 'little'. He frowned, his own aura flaring up dangerously when he felt the hairs on the back of his neck stand up from Sasha's aura.

"I'm sure my reputation precedes me. I haven't had much chance to ask the lycanthropes about this issue, and she seemed like my best bet at some information." he said, his cold green eyes unblinking, the pupils narrowing.

"Of course, I can't just go asking around the vampire clans. There's a few of them here in LA that would kill me as soon as look at me. As I'm sure you're aware." The air almost seemed electrified, between the two being's auras. "Forgive me for assuming I could come to the werewolves for help."

Sasha took a deep breath and calmed himself steepling his fingers, drawing his aura back down tight around himself. "My apologies, but you could say Im somewhat protective of Felix here, since it was my lycanthropy she was infected with. I may not be able to help personally but I know someone who I can call who should be able to at least tell you if your guy is a local or not. Let me go back to my office and give her a call. Nova will supply you with anything you want, food or drink, its on the house. Hunters like you do a service for all of us, and some of us Monsters treat you like the plague and its just not right."

Sasha got up gave a slight bow that from anyone else might have seemed mocking, but just made him seem courtly before heading back to his office. Nova appeared the moment he'd gone as if he'd summoned her with her name. "So, boss says you may be here a little while, are you sure I cant get you anything to eat? We have more than just cakes, we have savory pastries too."

Nova then turned to Felix and went down on one knee, taking her hand "Felix my love Im sorry I snubbed you, but it so hurts my heart to see you flirt with another, forgive me my foolishness in the face of such beauty? Youre like the sun, without your glory we would all die, but stare too enraptured and we shall be blind as if she were absent." She seemed to be blind to Adam in her ardure and completely oblivious to Felix's discomfort with her overture.

Adam let out a small sigh, his own aura seeming to evaporate instantly. The tension had gone, though he could still feel a tingling in his fingers from the temptation of reaching for his pistol.

"Understandable. Just know that I wish no ill will towards any of your kind, aside from the ones that break the rules." he said, glancing at Felix briefly when he said it.

"Thank you for your hospitality. It's nice to be in a place that doesn't instantly wish me harm just for stepping inside." he said, bowing his head slightly as Sasha walked off. He turned to nova, shaking his head. "I'm fine for now, thank you." he said, raising an eyebrow slightly as she broke into a sudden serenade for Felix. He shook his head slightly and smirked, sipping at his coffee. It was almost entertaining to watch, with Felix so obviously flustered.

Felix pulled her hand out of Novas. "Its fine Nova, really. Ahem. Id like one of the mushroom savory tarts please, I didnt get to eat at work. Umm. And could I get the cauliflower on the side? You know how I like it. And an iced lady grey with sage and key lime." She pushed her empty plate and glass towards the other girl, obviously in a hurry to distract her.

Nova bounced to her feet "Of course! Anything for you Felix, you know it!" she clutched up the used dishes and bounced away. Felix gave Adam a dirty look "Fat lot of help you were," she crossed her arms "Im not looking forward to the vampire hes calling, rumor has it she can call wolves, and she's old enough that that she'll make him pay for calling her for help. Im surprised you havent asked how the Ulfric infected me when he has such good control that his eyes dont even change when hes angry. If youre curious just ask."

Adam watched Nova bounce off and shook his head a bit, smirking. "I was supposed to help?" he asked in response to her statement, staring at his coffee for a moment.

"An Old One, then." he said, frowning. He wasn't looking forward with having to have a chat with such a powerful vampire. They always made him uneasy. He glanced over at her, raising an eyebrow.

"Why would I ask how you got infected? It's unlikely I'll see you again after tonight." he said, shrugging as he sipped at his coffee. "I find that not getting too attached to others makes my job more bearable. I'll assume that your Ulfric infected you for good reason, and leave it at that."

Felix shrugged, but it was unmistakable how her eyes hardened as she looked down. "I suppose I shouldnt expect anything more from someone like you. Funny how I let myself get fooled into thinking you mightve been enjoying your choice in people to question." The Asian vampire dropped off Felix's food and tea without a word, and taking Adams empty espresso cup and dropping off water for him in a glass like Felix's had come in.

Felix took a sip of her tea, ignoring the straw on the table, her hand shaking with some repressed emotion, but she had her aura locked down so tight that she wasnt leaking anything. Setting the glass back down she continued. "And my Ulfric didnt infect me. It was my own stupid fault. We were in the lab, looking at samples of vampire blood, lycanthrope blood, and human blood under the microscope, to learn the differences. I cut myself on the slide with the lycanthrope blood. Ulfric was the one that donated the samples to the school. He feels responsible even though its my own stupid fault."

She picked up her fork and started chewing on what looked like mashed potatoes next to her flaky pastry, head down, hair hiding her face, hiding the handful of silent tears that worked their way stubbornly from her eyes, so that hed only see it if he were paying very very close attention.

Adam watched her for a few moments, emotion still absent from his face. He suddenly felt like an ass, with the way he had been treating her. He took a sip of water, clearing his throat quietly.

"I'm sorry to hear that. I will say, however, that you seem to be taking your new condition in stride. There's not many werewolves that I know of that at six months would not only be working, but also have such such a good grasp of their control." he said, glancing over at her. "It's obvious what I said upset you, but I can't so much as feel a tremor off of you. I'm impressed. You'll grow to become quite a powerful example of your race." he said, turning his eyes back to his water. It was his way of trying to make amends, as formal as it sounded.

Felix sniffed minutely. "Its alright. Ive been a loner for my whole like, I dont need family, my only friends were classmates, casual, dont let anyone in past the surface. Then I get thrown into this world where Im expected to be touchy feely and intimate just to survive. Its can be kinda jarring trying to survive and still be myself."

She took another swig of her tea, her hand no longer shaking "Thank you for the compliment on my control by the way. But people tell me its probably just because of Ulfrics strain. How old would you say he is?" She looked up at him, smiling again, obviously going to give him some tidbit just because she found him attractive, but she wanted him to work for it. She cut into her mushroom pie as she waited for him to answer.

Adam actually smiled genuinely at that. "I know the feeling... Growing up, I never had much of a home life. Or a social one, for that matter." he said, shrugging. "I guess most hunters are like that." he said with a small smile, turning the water glass slowly in his fingers. He thought for a moment before looking over at her.

"Well, the strain helps. I suppose you were lucky in that aspect, to get infected by a powerful bloodline." he said, running his finger over his scar in thought. "How old he is? Oh, I'd say probably late thirties, early forties at most. Why?" he said, though the minute grin on his face said that he probably knew more than he was letting on. He knew that having a bloodline that powerful couldn't be cultivated over just a few decades, but he was curious to find the exact answer.

Felix smiled at the change in tone, he might be gruff, but she had a thought that Adam had potential to be one of the first people who got through her barriers to become a real friend... After all she was a werewolf... Maybe she could back him up on hunts once she got better at being a werewolf.

She nodded at Adams guess at his age, choosing to ignore the smirk, he probably figured he was just ageing well, not that he was as ancient as the vampire who was coming to help find the rogue fanger. "He might only look in his thirties, but physically hes aged about 96 years..." she paused to take a sip of her tea, enjoying the drama "But he was born in in the year 1247, he saw Vlad Dracul rise and become a monster, he was also there when he fell. He was born a werewolf, and his family sold him into bondage at 12 to become the human servant to the local Master vampire, as a bribe to keep him from wiping out their entire village for a vampire ball's feast, he survived the death of his Master 84 years ago, and has lived a free man ever since. Rumor has it that Dracula really was a vampire, and that his master is the one that Turned him into one."

She sat back to watch the reaction the juicy little tidbit received.

Adam blinked in surprise, not expecting that answer. "Huh, interesting..." he said, quickly composing himself. He knew that Sasha would have been old, but he certainly wasn't expecting him to be that old. He turned the glass of water in his fingers for a moment, thinking.

"You may be unlucky with the way you were infected... But you're very lucky to have been infected with the bloodline you did. In fact, you seem to be taking the whole inhuman thing pretty well. Most people at six months are trying not to kill anyone, not working and seeming pretty well adjusted. I'm impressed."

Felix noticed the surprise blink and little more reaction, damn he was good. "Its mostly the Ulfrics bloodline, in a pack our size its very uncommon for someone to have him work so closely with a new member if he's not their direct mentor. I already change as well as some of our highest pack members, like Jerry who works in the kitchen..."

They were interrupted by Nova bustling over to their table, all seriousness, her previous bounce all but gone. "She's here, Sasha's got her in his office, he doesnt want her anywhere near the customers... Shes a little old school for this crowd. Will you come to the office now? He swears on his life that you'll be safe, and if you know anything about Sasha you know what that means." She was looking at Adam more than Felix.

Felix started to get up grabbing her tea"And if I have to I can get in the way long enough for you to get out, Im not much use in a a fight against an old one yet, but I can survive almost everything she can throw at me."

Both girls stood at the side of the table, one holding her tea glass, and the other nervously twirling the empty glass through her hands, waiting for his answer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back