• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Wolf in the Hen House

Gobbo

Tactical Goat
Akira-anime-guys-20846982-500-523.jpg

Name: Adam Wilson

Species: Human Necromancer/ Bounty Hunter

Star Sign: Ares

Personality: Adam is level-headed and no-nonsense when he's hunting, though he tends to open up and be a bit less gruff when he's not working. The only time he really loosens up is when he's been drinking.

About: Adam learned from a young age that he was a Necromancer, and since has been honing the ability under the instruction of his mentor. He takes a very serious approach to hunting, as the few times that he slacked off he nearly died for the mistake. He has a myriad of scarring on his chest, arms and back from those mistakes, the most prominent being a scar that stretches from the corner of his mouth upward, ending at his cheek, thus earning him the nickname 'Smiles' or 'Smiley' in some of the underground circles that operate in Los Angeles. He's known to be tenacious in his work, and has been slowly rising in the ranks of his bounty hunter organization for the last several years.

Name: “Felix” Dacia Felix Himura

Species: Werewolf (infected appx six months ago by an accident at school)

Star Sign: Pieces

Personality: Out going and friendly, but can be shy around extremely large groups of strangers.

About: Loves music, when she's on campus shes not usually without her headphones unless shes actually in class. Is in college to become a Forensics expert, hoping to eventually work for the FBI. Is hiding being a lycanthrope, despite working at one of the newest vampire bars, Love Bites. At work she masquerades as a vampire for the customers by wearing electric blue contacts and high quality dental prosthetics. Her father is an often absent Japanese businessman, and her German mother died when she was very young, so she has a well developed independent streak that shes learning to break to function within the pack structure.

JFquJPJ.jpg

Daily Wear

GyolPcA.jpg

Work Uniform

QjISfPf.jpg

Wolf form 
Name: “Nova” Coreen Nova McKenna

Species: Human Psychic (unknown part Fey)

Star Sign: Leo

Personality: Fairly quiet but inquisitive most of the time. Has an encyclopedic knowledge of most things due to her typical insomnia and having nothing better to do than read while she's up at night.

About: Is a touch Clairvoyant with the unusual ability to turn off or tune out her gift without having to wear gloves. She'll later find out that this is because she's not actually a clairvoyant, but part Fey. She works nights at the newly opened Midnight Cafe, a gothic lolita styled bakery serving tea and coffees of extraordinary caliber, where the barrista is a vampire, the pastry chef is a werewolf, and so is the manager, and all the employees play at the more elegant side of those things that go bump in the night.

pHYezhF.jpg

Daily Wear

9XtLr2C.jpg

Work Uniform

It was a cool Autumn evening in the City of Angels, and things were all but quiet. Over the last several years, LA had become accustomed to things changing when the sun went down. The city was never that quiet at night to begin with, but things were booming now. Vampires, Werewolves, and Fey wandered the streets, now a normal part of everyday life. Many things had changed over the last five years, and the Hunter wasn't sure if he approved or not.

Adam wrinkled his nose as he stepped out of his apartment, climbing into his 1960's Dodge Charger. He turned the engine over with a street-shaking rumble, letting it idle for a few moments before putting it in gear. He had some leads to follow on a hunt, and he knew just where to go.

As he cruised the streets of Los Angeles, he couldn't help but notice the swarm of people and creatures packing up the sidewalks. It had been like this since before he even moved to LA, and he wasn't sure he approved. Pushing those thoughts aside he made his way to a popular vampire hangout, hoping to get some leads.

It didn't take him long to get there, pulling into the parking lot of Love Bites. It was a similar bar and restaurant to the popular Hooters chain, only it catered to the local nightlife. Bathed in the flashing red light of the sign, he lifted up the passenger seat, revealing a small cache of weapons. He pulled out his .357 Magnum and two speed loaders, filled with silver rounds. Sliding it into his shoulder holster he also pulled out a modified flare gun, which had been milled to accept 12 gauge shotgun shells. A handy backup in case things went bad.

Adam stepped out of the car and pulled his jacket on, making sure his car was locked before he made his way inside. The place was pretty busy by the looks of it, and the sharp, metallic smell of blood filled the air. He exhaled quickly through his nose in disgust before making his way to the bar. Maybe he could talk to one of the employees, but first he needed a drink.

Felix slid through the crowd inside the bar, making her way to the small window in the back wall that let the waitresses grab food from the small bar kitchen, smoothly shifting her hips to the side to avoid the hand that was reaching out to grab a handful of her backside under its shortshorts and faux bustle skirt. There were upsides to this whole werewolf thing she thought, I can feel the hands coming before they get me, avoiding being groped was one of the few perks. Even after a year working in this bar, it was impossible to get used to the faint copper tang they piped through the air ducts so the human tourists would think the place smelled faintly of blood. As she neared the bar to veer around it it was as if the hairs on the back of her neck stood up, her brother wolf would have probably told her that it was just her sensing another powerful supernatural being in the room, but Felix didnt think so, along with that shiver of power was an odor of danger. That was all it took to make Felix stumble in her smooth weave through the crowd and trip, her tray of empty mugs and glasses toppling from her hands, the young wolfess herself falling neatly to her backside with a bemused expression that she quickly turned to a petulant pout, after all she had appearances to keep up, so she'd pretend someone had tripped her.

Adam was standing at the bar, waiting on the beer he had ordered. The cacophony of the place was starting to hurt his ears, but he tuned it out for now. When his drink came he took a sip, pulling out his phone. He pulled up the picture of the vampire he was looking for, and once he committed it to memory he turned to see if he was here. As he did, though, the waitress near him tripped, and in one smooth motion he grabbed the tray from midair before it could crash to the ground. He shook his head, chuckling lightly. "Awfully clumsy of you. That would have been an expensive mistake." he said, holding out his other hand to help her up, since nobody else seemed to care enough to bother.

Felix blinked up at the human in surprise. This was where the aroma of danger was coming from, no human should have been able to catch that tray without at least dropping something. At least he'd spared her the indignity of having her manager chew her out before taking the broken glassware out of her check. But really, what else was he to expect when he forced the women to wear six inch stiletto heel boots with their uniform, a night didnt go by without someone breaking a glass. Hesitantly she reached up and took his hand, and once on her feet she tried to pull her vampire persona back together, by giving him a sultry smile as she retrieved her tray from him. "Thank you," her vampire manager had schooled her that if she was playing a vampire she'd bloody well not use contractions, all but the newest vampires snubbed the verbal short hand. "It is rather to be expected of us with these silly shoes we wear," as if by divine demonstration, their was a laughing shriek and a clatter of breaking glass as another waitress tripped. "I rather think some of the girls do it intentionally though, since our manager has promised us more reasonable foot ware if we keep breaking the glassware. As thanks I will see to it that you have another," she sniffed dramatically as if smelling what he was drinking "Beer, on the house as thanks." She moved back towards the window to the kitchen to drop off her dirty glasses as though nothing had happened.

Adam watched her, but the moment she touched his hand he knew something was up. Her aura wasn't one of a vampire, yet she looked like one... He didn't reply as she spoke, and watched as she walked off, rubbing his fingertips together for a moment. She was hiding something, and he knew if he was going to question anyone, someone with something to hide was usually the most lucrative. He slipped out of the restaurant before she would notice, making his way back to his car. He knew where the employee entrance was and kept his eyes on it, leaning on the trunk of his Charger.

Felix dropped off her last order of the night, and informed the table who would be taking over for her. She stopped by the bar, popping around behind it to tell Max that the guy who'd grabbed her tray when she fell got a beer or entree or whatever on her tab as a thank you, and then ducked around through the back into the employee locker rooms to change. She pulled her contacts and fangs out first with a sigh of relief as they settled into their little cases. She slipped off her stupid boots and threw them angrily into her locker. Stupid shoes, hopefully Isaiah that prissy fuck vampire manager would soon let them wear more reasonable shoes. She slipped out of her corset with its semingly magical push up bra, and the short shorts that might as well be a thong with a joyous sigh, almost forgetting the strange man from the bar. Her eyes drifted half closed with the relief as she briefly massaged her poor abused ribcage and squashed breasts, before turning back to her locker to pull on her comfy cami with its forgiving built in bra, her worn out too large jeans with their belt cinched tight, and her nearly shredded vans.

She pushed open the door to the employee parking lot, the keys to her ugly little convertible Stingray in hand and her tshirt hoodie almost falling off her shoulders in the mild Los Angeles night air. She got to the door of her ugly gold monster and paused, taking a deep breath of the night air. Something didnt smell right. But dammit it was downwind and she just couldnt catch it.

It took Adam a moment to recognize her, but sure enough it was the same waitress. He walked silently, moving around behind her until he was only a few feet away before he spoke.

"Stingray, nice. You know, I never got your name." he said, smirking a bit. The small smile seemed to stretch further than natural because of the large scar.

"Adam Wilson, Hunter." he said, flashing his license. "I've got some questions I want to ask you."

Felix whirled around at the sound of his voice, dropping her keys and leaning against the side of her car. "Oh, its you. Um what do you want? Im supposed to be meeting my brother soon." She quickly scooped her keys back up and then opening her car door to drop her bag across onto the passenger seat. When she turned back to Adam she seemed to have regathered her scattered wits. She tucked a wayward strand of her red hair back behind her ear and stuck out her hand "I'm Felix, and yes, my stingray," at this she patted the car in a loving gesture "Is a great car, though Im still fixing her up. How can I help you Adam?" she flashed a blinding smile at him showing almost every one of her brilliantly white and perfectly straight teeth.

"I need to know if you've seen this vampire." he said, pulling out his phone to show her the picture. "I've got a warrant for his execution." He watched her for a few moments, his green eyes cold. He could see how she was able to blend in with the vampires, or at least be mistaken for one by humans. She had a beauty that wasn't typical of werewolves.

"Of course, I'm sure you won't mind sharing any information you have. Seeing how you're a lycanthrope and all..." he added, smirking a bit.

"You don't have any ties to this man, do you? I should also recommend that you should be truthful in your answers. I don't abide liars."

Felix paled a little at the cold tone. There was that smell of danger again, exotic and fragrant, like some subtle perfume. Felix leaned in to look closer at the picture, actually studying it for a second before looking up at him, the relief written across her face. "I dont know him, but then I dont really know many vampires, just the ones that I work with. Ummm," she wrung her fingers together "Glossing over how you know I'm a lycanthrope, I dont really have anything to do with the vampires outside of work. Youd be better off asking Isaiah. He's the manager here, and a vampire. Im honestly kinda new to the whole superhuman thing... Ive only been a werewolf for six months, and my pack leader likes those of us in school to keep our heads down and focus on schooling." She kinda waffled her hands in the air in front of her. "Anyway, I really do have to go, my brother will be wondering where I'm at, if Im too much later." She reached back for her car door distractedly.

Adam watched her, his cold eyes unblinking. He could tell by her body language that she was uncomfortable, like she knew more than what she was letting on. Probably.

"I see. I'm not going to deal with Isaiah again, he and I tend to... disagree on certain subjects. He'd hide information from me just because it's me." he said, tucking his phone away.

"Call your brother and tell him you'll be late. I need you to come with me so I can speak with your pack leader." he said plainly, as if there was no other choice. His jacket fluttered slightly in the breeze, and if she was observant enough she would notice the grip of his pistol underneath.

"Grab your things, we're taking my car. Where is your pack leader right now?"

Felix was getting noticeably distressed now. She was new enough to being a werewolf that she'd never encountered a Bounty Hunter that was psychic enough to pick up on her, so she'd always been left alone. "Um, ok, well just hold on, I need to call Sasha and find out where he even is tonight, I dont know if hes working or not." She fished her phone out of her pocket and scrolled through to her pack leader's number before calling it. It rang for thirty seconds straight then went to voicemail. Felix hung up and scrolled through to find his work number. It rang for two seconds before a voice that would have made Lurch proud came on the line its bass resonating so deep that Felix was sure the hunter would hear it from where he was standing. "Midnight Cafe, this is Sasha, how may I help you this evening?" Felix moved around to sit on the nose of her car, just slightly away from the hunter that was making her so nervous. "Um, its Felix, I have a problem...." her pack leader cut her off "Felix you know youre supposed to contact your brother wolf if you have any trouble! Why are you bothering me at work? Wait. Did something happen to Rob? Did he not show up?" Felix quickly responded "Nono, nothing like that. I haven't even met him yet," keeping her voice low enough that the mic on her phone barely picked it up "I havent even left work yet, I got cornered by a bounty hunter! He knew what I was!! He wont believe me that I dont know anything about the vampire hes hunting. He wants to talk to you. Insists I take him to you, but he wont let me take my own car, I dont know what to do, Im sorry Ulfric, but this guy is freaking me out. Theres something about him..."

Adam crossed his arms over his chest, waiting patiently as she made her phone call. He frowned a bit when she moved to the front of her car, and got ready to pull his pistol in case he had to. He didn't trust anything that was non-human, especially since he started bounty hunting. As he watched her he rolled the name of her pack leader around in his head for a moment, frowning. He knew that Sasha ran the LA clan, and though he was a powerful werewolf to deal with, he also knew that going to him for information was probably his best bet. He tapped his foot for a moment, impatiently, his eyes locked on the girl. The last thing he would want to do is chase her down if she decided to run.

Sasha interrupted Felix "Wait, something weird about him that is creeping out our unflappable little Forensic Scientist to be? Does he have a scar trailing up from one side of his mouth?" Felix noticeably started and sat up straighter "Um yes, how did you know?" Her voice dropped, "Hes also carrying a big assed gun, like a revolver on steroids, so Im being very careful here." There was a pause on the other end of the phone and the sound of a door opening and shutting before Sasha came back on and cursed "Smiles, what the hell is he bothering one of my wolves for when hes hunting a frigging fanger," and Felix couldnt help but snigger "You know theyve hated that term ever since that HBO show coined it." Sasha sighed "I know I know, look Im gonna hang up and call Max and have him come out and get your keys so he can drop your car off here. This guy wont take no for an answer when it comes to having his way. Bring him here, after I call Max Ill have Rob meet you here so you dont freak him out by missing a meeting." There was a loud click as her Ulfric hung up. Felix spoke up quickly "My Ulfric is sending the bar tender out for my keys so they can drop my car off for me later, please dont shoot him," the redhead seemed like she was finally calming down after having talked to her pack leader. "After he gets my keys Ill go with you to meet Sasha, though hes insisted that I still meet with my brother, so he'll be meeting us there."

"That's quite an accusation... What makes you think I'm going to shoot him?" he asked, frowning a bit. "Do I look like some sort of murderer? Look, you shouldn't be nervous about talking to me if you've got nothing to hide. If it were you I was hunting, we wouldn't be talking right now." he said coldly, his arms still crossed over his chest. He almost looked like a teacher reprimanding a student. He sighed and shook his head.

"You said your Ulfric was Sasha? Interesting." he said, though he didn't let on more than that. Adam seemed like the kind of man that played his cards close to his chest.

Felix held her hands out as if warding off his ire "Look, Max is a vamp, I didnt know how jumpy you were so if he's worried and rushes out here all speedy gonzales, I didnt want any accidents happening. He's my friend after all," she hopped off the front of her car to grab her bag and keys, and to relock the Stingray. "And if Im jumpy its for damn good reason," her own ire starting to show "Because I play a vamp at the bar, Im damn good at it, I got better when I got infected, yet somehow you spotted me, thatll make a girl nervous, especially one as new to all this supernatural shit as I am. So Id appreciate it if youd tone down your attitude since Im trying to help you." She angrily tossed her hair back behind her shoulder, and as a testament to her control and how powerful she may come to be, her eyes hadnt even started to bleed to wolf black despite her anger. At that moment Max showed up about ten feet from them and she turned her attention to him "Thanks Max, make sure whoever drops her off doesnt wreck her, or I'll have to be angry with you." her voice returned to a light teasing tone with the vamp as she tossed the keys to the vamp and he caught them out of reflex. Max opened his mouth to protest and she cut him off "Go back inside flyboy, I'm fine, just got a meeting with Sasha and our new friend here." Max turned back and went inside with just a slightly hurt look on his face when he glanced back at her.

Felix settled her bag onto her shoulder and turned back to Adam, "My Ulfric is at Midnight Cafe, you know where that is?'

Adam couldn't help but smirk, listening to her vent her frustrations. The smirk faded when her eyes started to turn black, his own aura suddenly increasing in strength. It faded when Max came out, the small smirk returning as the tension faded.

"First, I'm not giving you an attitude. You're the one getting heated over nothing. Second, if it helps put your mind at ease at all, I could tell what you were when I helped you up. Your aura's different from a vamp's." he explained, turning to walk towards his car, motioning her to follow.

"I know where it is." he said, opening the passenger door for her. He motioned for her to sit, that same smirk on his face from before. "Don't want to keep Sasha waiting."

Felix climbed into the seat and fastened her belt before responding "More than likely he'll keep US waiting. He's usually busy there," she decided not to rise to the rest of what she felt was bait, though she was slightly relieved about how he'd known she was a wolf. It was just like that one waitress of Sasha's that always seemed to know way more than she should.

He closed her door and made his way around to the driver's side, climbing inside. He buckled up and turned the engine over, the rumble echoing through the parking lot. "Well, then at least I'll have a chance to get some coffee." he said, pulling slowly out of the parking lot and into the street.

It didn't take long to get to the Midnight Cafe, and soon they were parked. "Hope the ride wasn't too uncomfortable." he said, reaching behind her seat for a moment. He pulled out a long, silver knife and got out of the car, sliding it into a sheath somewhere under his jacket. It was too quick to really tell where it went. He leaned on the car, waiting for her to get out and lead them inside.

Felix got out, and shut the door just hard enough to get it all the way closed, a knack shed learned on old cars like her stingray. She opened the door to the Midnight Cafe and tried to ignore the odd almost cold brush of power at her back that was the hunter who called himself Adam, that her Ulfric had called Smiles. She stopped abruptly right inside the door as she was greeted by the short form of her least favorite waitress, the little blonde that seemed to know too much. If shed been a second slower, her chest would have wound up smothering the 5 foot nothing waitress.

Adam watched her for a moment, following closely behind her. He knew about this place, though he had never been inside until now. Well, mostly inside. When Felix stopped so suddenly he did too, nearly running into her. His aura seemed to flare up at that, and for a moment he thought that she was leading him into a trap. He took a step back and stopped himself from reaching for his pistol, at least until he knew what was going on.

"What's the hold up?" he asked, his voice colder and sharper than before.

Felix shivered when she felt Adam's aura flare like that. "Sorry, almost ran into the waitress Sasha had waiting for us,"

The short blond who was beaming widely at Felix looked over Felix's shoulder to where Adam stood, and her smile formed into a pout. "Felix, you didnt bring a boyfriend here to taunt me with did you, thats so mean," and she let loose a long suffering sigh "Fine, Ill just lead you to your table, you heart breaker you," The small blonde turned and bounced towards the rear of the Cafe towards a booth back in the corner. The place was all dark leather, silver velvet and white silk brocade, classy and elegant, with the dark wood coffee bar gleaming almost as if it shone from within, and all the wood furniture in the place matched it, a dark polished walnut.

Adam quirked an eyebrow as he followed the two of them to the booth. This blonde girl was odd... He shrugged it off and looked around the Cafe for a moment as they walked. The place was classy, that much was certain. It certainly didn't look like a werewolf owned the place. He took a seat at the booth, scratching at the scar on his cheek as he looked to the blonde girl. "I'll take an expresso, if that's alright." he said, folding his arms on the table as he leaned forward. "We're not together, by the way. I'm here to speak to Sasha." he explained.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back