• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Woah, Liminal Spaces! (and the creepily-comfy explorations thereof)

ethanlefeb

eternally a weeb in denial
This is probably one of the strangest things I've linked with a prompt for inspiration, because it isn't just a single image or video or fic, but is instead... a whole-ass Youtube channel.

The TLDR is that this channel specializes in doing content where he hops into VR and explores interesting GMod maps, particularly maps with a liminal space or horror aesthetic. It's the sort of thing that motivated me to do a roleplay server, but... A) getting a roleplay server going is much harder than I'd like, and B) group settings necessitate more planning and coordination and it'd be fun to have a little more freedom while I wait for that to get more active, so!

I have a pretty simple crux for this; our characters get whisked away, backrooms-style, into a strangely normal yet entirely empty world, and soon after end up bumping into each other, leaving the two of them to explore spaces that *should* be bustling, but aren't. Abandoned cities, old military bunkers, giant dead malls, all in oddly *pristine* condition considering the absence of people.

I'd imagine it'll end up being a primarily sort of 'comfy horror' vibe, and that's basically the only hard requirement I'd like to get from this. That being said, I am *totally* down for shipping if you're interested and the chemistry builds up! I tend to prefer M/F ships, but throw me a character and the worst I can do is say no.

As for the character I'd like to play, I have a lovely lad named Robin Pyke. Robin is a 23 year old computer science major attending university with a passion for photography and an eagerness to learn, endlessly optimistic and full of energy. While he has a very small number of people he actually considers 'friends', he does his best to stay amicable and approachable to his much, much larger web of acquaintances.

Extroverted introvert, y'know? At his heart, he is an undeniably friendly guy who just wants to get through life.

OOC conversation in the middle of roleplay can be kind of awkward (at least IMO), but I have a feeling the premise here opens the door to a lot of suddenly shifting environments (the channel I listed beforehand has a LOT of ideas I'd like to play in for example), so I may chime in with ideas for where things could go, and that goes both ways, so if you come up with something I'd love to hear it!

Yeah, I'm interested. I've joined a few high fantasy RPs, but I've got an itch for something different. As for characters, I have a 22-year old aspiring actress named Sienna Montgomery, who seems pretty similar to your Robin, although probably more extroverted. I'd love to play a few other characters as well, but I feel like that might be a bit much for a 1x1.

sienna.png
Sienna

This is probably one of the strangest things I've linked with a prompt for inspiration, because it isn't just a single image or video or fic, but is instead... a whole-ass Youtube channel.

The TLDR is that this channel specializes in doing content where he hops into VR and explores interesting GMod maps, particularly maps with a liminal space or horror aesthetic. It's the sort of thing that motivated me to do a roleplay server, but... A) getting a roleplay server going is much harder than I'd like, and B) group settings necessitate more planning and coordination and it'd be fun to have a little more freedom while I wait for that to get more active, so!

I have a pretty simple crux for this; our characters get whisked away, backrooms-style, into a strangely normal yet entirely empty world, and soon after end up bumping into each other, leaving the two of them to explore spaces that *should* be bustling, but aren't. Abandoned cities, old military bunkers, giant dead malls, all in oddly *pristine* condition considering the absence of people.

I'd imagine it'll end up being a primarily sort of 'comfy horror' vibe, and that's basically the only hard requirement I'd like to get from this. That being said, I am *totally* down for shipping if you're interested and the chemistry builds up! I tend to prefer M/F ships, but throw me a character and the worst I can do is say no.

As for the character I'd like to play, I have a lovely lad named Robin Pyke. Robin is a 23 year old computer science major attending university with a passion for photography and an eagerness to learn, endlessly optimistic and full of energy. While he has a very small number of people he actually considers 'friends', he does his best to stay amicable and approachable to his much, much larger web of acquaintances.

Extroverted introvert, y'know? At his heart, he is an undeniably friendly guy who just wants to get through life.

OOC conversation in the middle of roleplay can be kind of awkward (at least IMO), but I have a feeling the premise here opens the door to a lot of suddenly shifting environments (the channel I listed beforehand has a LOT of ideas I'd like to play in for example), so I may chime in with ideas for where things could go, and that goes both ways, so if you come up with something I'd love to hear it!
I would love to play a character, named Eloise, and 22 y/I, English Literature student who loves trashy romance novels and local music. I think it would be fun to have her zest for life be brought back through their adventures in the liminal space. PM if you're interested c:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back