• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic With Hearts of Steel

df22a91e0e9eef38d826408d4bec93ad.jpg

GECKO

LEADERBORED: 10

MENTIONS:
@Scrapmaster @rikunobodyxiii @SecretRock

@Yuffie Kisaragi

Gecko nodded thoughtfully as she heard that Rho and Calavera would be fighting right about now. In all honesty, she was a little scared of Rho, moreso than even the people above her on the leaderboard. In her mind, Rho's intense speed boost would cause her real bad trouble in the future. She shook her head, knocking herself out of her thoughts. Taking a thoughtfull bite out of her pasta, she figured that she would have to burn that bridge when she got to it, and enjoy the pasta now rather than being all caught up in the leaderboard.

As she sat with the ever growing group around her, she spoke up as they discussed the fight.

"Sounds like it could go either way, honestly" She spoke, before taking a humongous bite of spaghetti, and forcing it down her throat before her taste buds could reject it.

"but I'm going with Rho, Calavera's skill won't matter if they can't land a hit on her." She spoke, swallowing another large bite. Part of her knew that she could be wrong, but the other part reminded her that speed is the most important aspect of battle, especially if you're not as strong as your opponent. She nods, hearing Psi's comments

"Yeah, that high up in the leaderboard, it's all strategy. I think she could pull it off." Gecko spoke confidentially, knowing she might have to eat her words later, but figured once again, that she'd burn that bridge when she got to it.

(OOC: Sorry for not posting yesterday ;(

Last edited by a moderator:
Audio strode over to Gecko, a friendly wave toward her accompanying him. "And how is everyone today?" he asked, with a nod toward the rest of the table. He still didn't know what to think of the majority of them, but he knew what to think of Gecko. Watch out. She could be my downfall, or a powerful ally...I think I will go with the ally path, he thought, moving toward a seat next to Gecko. He had never been one to pick fights, especially with those who hadn't provoked it. There was no need.

((This was kind of crappy, but I hadn't posted so...and I needed some interaction with someone.

- Disruptor and Phantasm - Mess hall -

"If Calavera is smart they can hit Rho." Disruptor added his thoughts into the conversation as he watched the fight. "Though they do seem evenly matched". Disruptor. "Contrary to popular belief just because they are higher ranked than us doesn't mean they are better than us, merely means they are more valued. While we're all useful you could say the higher ranks would get most of the credit." Disruptor began speaking while he ate. Savior was flying around for a bit as Ravager was stationary at Disruptor's left shoulder.

Soon enough, before anyone else could really object. Or really aknowledge Phantasm's existence, he had already manifested himself in the mess hall. With his body rebuilding itself in the middle of everyone, for all of them to see. "Yo peeps, what up!" Phantasm spoke with a joking tone and a wave to everyone. As he vanished into a dash and reappeared beside Tenno, and looked at what the man was eating. "Huh, didn't take you for a vegetarian Tenn" Phantasm joked as he soon spotted Savior, who had flown towards him to analyze him.

"Heyyyyy." Phantasm spoke as Savior's scans proved...uncussesful? it could not read Phantasm's readings!, Savior was very confused, so much it began looking at Phantasm. as a very visible "?" Hologram popped up. "Something wrong little guy?" Phantasm tried to grab Savior but the drone quickly flew back to Disruptor...scared, because it could not recognize Phantasm.

"So....what are y'all up to instead of eating? watching the fight?" Phantasm asked.

@Yuffie Kisaragi @SecretRock @rikunobodyxiii @SimpleReading

- Vanguard - Observation room -

"If you, my fellow men are looking for a perfect sparring partner...I recommend my good friend Destroyer, if his armor didn't slow him down so much, he could very well beat Omega and me single handedly with the sheer ammount of destructive power in his masterly crafted armor!" Vanguard spoke to them. "He could very well take us on and might just come out on top with his armaments of justice" Vanguard stopped talking about Destroyer's armor. And began watching the fight again, chuckling at Anubis's pun.

Much to Reign's dismay Vanguard decided to make a pun himself. "The fight is certainly getting heated now!" Vanguard said with a laugh.

@Ahara @Zy That Guy @Yuffie Kisaragi

- Destroyer - Gym

"Not when he is training like that, he could have gotten hurt...well now you have another guy wanting to take your place in the leaderboard, aside from the numerous others im sure." Destroyer spoke with a frown at Omega's lack of care for Reign. "I know the aliens will come back...and we'l be ready." Destroyer began speaking only for Vasir to step in too.

"Oh hey, its the Ice queen!" Destroyer joked with Vasir. "I am doing well, suppose Omega is as well, with her playing around with the lesser ranking members of the leaderboard..." Destroyer spoke with a small smile. "Eh, just working out, working up a sweat. Nothing out of the ordinary." Destroyer answered Vasir's question.

@SuperiorKunivas @Yuffie Kisaragi

[Rho - Arena]

Rho was helpless in his hands, not strong enough to escape in time. The blow caused an excruciating amount of pain and she went flying, crashing into the wall. Armor integrity DANGER Her overlay beeped at her. She slammed her fist into the floor. Bailey's timer went off, and her voice echoed through both the arena and the observation room. "Match complete. The winner is Calavera." Rho got up, taking off her hood as she did so, and stormed out, not speaking a word to Calavera.

[PA System]

On all of the monitors across the base, the Leaderboard flickered on. And with no warning, it shifted.

1. Omega

2. Vanguard

3. Sigma

4. Phantom Reaper

5. Monster

6. Destroyer

7. Reign

8. Calavera

9. Rho

10. Archangel

11. Limbo

12. Audio

13. Gecko

14. Snow White

15. Disruptor

16. Pixie

17. Onyx

18. Vasir

19. Phantasm

20. Delta

21. Epsilon

22. Anubis

23. Broker

24. Theta

25. Tenno

26. Kraken

27. Psi​

Rho went down one place, and Calavera went up two after the sparring match that had just occurred. In the crossfire, Archangel also descended one place. Immediately after this, the PA system blared, the voice of Colonel Heisman, the Armor Wielders' handler of sorts, came on.

All Armor Wielders

Report to the Conference Room immediately

And then it shut off.

[sigma - Observation Room]

"Would you all can the bad puns? Trying to enjoy a good fight here and y'all are ruining it." He said, glancing to his teammates with a smile. When he turned back, he just caught sight of the final blow. Sigma sighed regretfully as he watched Rho take a powerful hit from Calavera, and listened attentively to the order. He had seen it coming. Ah well. He glanced towards Pixie, a slight smile on his face. "I'll grab you those marshmallows ASAP. But we'd best not disobey the Colonel, yeah?" Sigma said casually, beginning to move out of the room.

[Omega - Gym]

"Pah, everyone's gunning for my spot. Haven't succumbed yet, don't see it happening." She said with a shrug before Vasir came up to them. Omega looked towards the icy Armor, but didn't say anything, letting Destroyer do the talking until the opportunity arose that she really needed to say something, whether it was answering a worthwhile question or being a bitch. Before the conversation took that turn though, a monitor flicked on, and then Colonel Heisman's voice came over. "Hmph, well then." Omega shrugged. "Not changing I suppose then. Last time anyone disobeyed an order of his... Let's just leave it at bad, and not recall that mess hmm?" The Champion said, moving out of the gym.

[Psi - Mess Hall]

Psi looked to Theta and shrugged. "Higher doesn't mean smarter." He said simply. It certainly wouldn't be Omega on top if that were the case... Psi thought to himself, listening to more comments off of his words. "If you ask me it's skill and strength over usefulness or strategy, especially that high up." He spoke again before the end of the match, and the subsequent leaderboard shift and PA announcement. Psi took one last bite of his apple and tossed it into the trash, breaking into his bag of chips afterwards. He stood up, and looked to Theta once more. "If you really don't know the bitterness I'm talking about, just keep an eye on her during this meeting. It'll be clear as crystal." He said, moving towards the exit, popping a chip into his mouth.

Reign- Observation Room

Man colonel's trying to mess up me moving up ranks well I'll be quickly going conference room if you mess with the colonel your asking for trouble. Reign laughed thinking about Omega and her disobedience. He took off going no where fast he just didn't want to sit next to people who were annoying like Omega, at this thought he hurried and somehow made it there on his first try and saw some people in the mess hall talking.

INFORMATION AGENTS:

PHANTOM REAPER #04

ARCHANGEL #10

LOCATION/S:

REDIRECTED TO THE CONFERENCE ROOM

REDIRECTED TO THE CONFERENCE ROOM

INTERACTION/S:

Colonel Heisman(

https://www.rpnation.com/profile/26198-yuffie-kisaragi/@Yuffie Kisaragi

https://www.rpnation.com/profile/26198-yuffie-kisaragi/)

As the announcement was made the two Agents looked at the Leader Board as Nathan grew an arrogant smirk glancing at Sarah. "Heh. Looks like someone lost their spot." Nathan said as Sarah looked agitated at him. "Oh shut up! they're ordering us to go to the conference room. So get your ass moving." She said walking away from Nathan heading to the Conference hall as Nathan caught up to her. "At least you're still within the ten." He said patting her on the head. Making they're way to the Conference Room, surprised being the first there aside from Colonel Heisman. Sitting down adjacent to each other Nathan spoke. "Hey. Uh Colonel? why are were we all called to the Conference Room?" Nathan asked the Colonel as he looked generally curious.

(Sorry for not posting. Had to get use to my new braces which annoys the hell out of me.)

{Pixie}

Pixie pumped her fist with Cala's victory.

"Guess who's havin' s'mores!" She cried in triumph.

She fell silent as the announcement of the Leader board went out, followed by the call to conference room.

"Sounds good, Sig." Pixie replied to Sigma. "I'll even share some s'mores."

Though she kept up her cheerful airs, Pixie was worried. When ever the colonel called, things changed. She wasn't sure she was ready for that yet. Somewhat reluctantly, she headed to the conference room.

{Tenno}

Tenno was mulling over Psi's analysis when the match ended and the Leader board was adjusted. He only surfaced from his private musings when the order to assemble came through.

"Alright, finish up and move, people." He called out to his teammates. "Shouldn't keep the colonel waiting."

Quickly disposing of his salad, Tenno stationed himself by the door and waited for the last armor to head out, preparing to herd anyone who was dragging their feet.

@Yuffie Kisaragi @Scrapmaster @SimpleReading @SecretRock @CallMeNeon

Theta - Mess Hall

Theta nodded thoughtfully, or what she thought looked like thoughtfully, at Psi's words. She glanced up as the leader board flashed onto the screen and the places moved about.

"Looks like you were right." She said, quickly cutting of as the announcement played. She sighed heavily, her shoulder's dropping. Still, she shoved a bit more chilli into her mouth then got up to follow the others, half hoping that the announcement wasn't anything about the return.

Calavera - Leaving Arena

Cala considered calling out to Rho, but decided against it. She looked very angry at losing and they didn't want to piss her off more. They pulled their helmet off, some of their hair falling into their face as they glanced up at the leader board, feeling a little bit of pride in their chest that they moved up two places. The pride faded and they were just left with pain. They listened to the announcement as they left the arena, trying to massage their chest through their armour and failing. Rho really packed a punch when she was going fast, and those heated claws didn't help. They pulled their chest armour off, quickly glancing over it to see the damage before leaving it in the repair box and walking to the conference room, armour still on their legs and arms.

@Yuffie Kisaragi @SimpleReading @Scrapmaster @rikunobodyxiii @CallMeNeon

Anubis observation room

Anubis turned and followed his teammates to the conference room. He was pissed that there could be no sparring match yet. He knew that he was too low on the leaderboard and he was desperate to move up.

Hopefully whatever the colonel wanted us for would be a way to prove his skills. His skills had improved greatly since the last time he had dueled someone and his ranking did not reflect this improvement.

df22a91e0e9eef38d826408d4bec93ad.jpg

GECKO

LEADERBORED: 10

MENTIONS:
@Scrapmaster @rikunobodyxiii @SecretRock

@Yuffie Kisaragi

Gecko continued to take large bites of spaghetti until her mountain turned into more of a steep hill. She looked towards the newcomer at the table, and waved back politely. She was immensely enjoying the way this conversation was going. Small talk had always been she enjoyed, and the number of people seemed to be really keeping it going. For a moment, she was glad to be a part of this again. She realized that might be a bit sad, to be glad to be a part of a military program because there were nice people there. But, that was a thought for another time, as she saw the board shift, signaling that she had lost her personal bet.

"Aw come on, Rho I
believed in you!" She put emphasis on the world believed, showing that indeed she was being facetious, and hoped that nobody would think otherwise.

Immediately after the board had changed, and Gecko had lamented about Rho losing, the announcement system crackled in its usual annoyingly loud fashion that they should all report to the conference room. She sighed, looking down at the rest of the food she knew she would have to abandon in the trashcan. She said her goodbyes by shoving as much in her mouth as she could, and standing up to pitch the rest on her way out.

As she made her way to the conference room, Gecko had mixed emotions. She was sad, because she wanted to finish her spaghetti, tired after her hard workout, and excited about what they were gathering about. Of course, there was no doubt that they would be going on another mission together, but that was something to be even more excited about. While she enjoyed fighting her team mates, there was nothing she liked more than a goo team battle, where they were all on the same side.

- Destroyer - Heading to the conference room.

Before the conversation could develop further, Vasir did not even get time to reply to Destroyer as the PA systems began blarring, with them being told to go to the conference room, much to his dismay, he was not dressed the part for a conference meeting. But it would have to do, he could get into his suit later. "Yeah, last person who did not obey got sent to shock treatment for a week." Destroyer joked, he didn't know what happened to the person who disobeyed the orders, but Shock treatment wouldn't be far off.

Quickly picking his water bottle, nodding to Vasir, and leaving soon after Omega. He began heading to the conference room.

@Yuffie Kisaragi @SuperiorKunivas

- Phantasm and Disruptor - Heading to Conference room.

Disruptor finished his meal quickly, more engaged in what happened to the leaderboards. "Oh boy Archangel got taken down a spot, poor guy." He commented as Savior and Ravager had taken notice of the PA systems and the announcement and went back to his side, as he followed the others to the conference room. "Excited Savior?" He asked the little drone as it shook up and down as if a kid nodding.

"Hm?" Phantasm noticed the PA systems and as everyone began to leave, Phanbtasm shrugged as the room was soon empty, leaving only him there, as he didn't bother walking there. "Just when I wanted to have a chaaaaaaat..." Phantasm whined as he soon vanished into thin air, indicating he began to move. Obviously towards the conference room.

@Yuffie Kisaragi @SimpleReading @rikunobodyxiii @SecretRock

- Vanguard - Exiting observation room.

"A decisive blow!" Vanguard announced Calavera's victory with an enthusiastic tone. It was an evenly met fight, nonetheless, but he felt that Rho was not putting all of herself into the fight...as one should, at least to him he considered fighting an art, and that you either gave it your all, or should not bother at all.

"Alas, tis tme to move my friends, feel free to join me meeting the colonel!" Vanguard spoke, as if inviting everyone, obviously everyone would go there, but he had to say it anyway, it was just who he was. A knight persona.

Passing by Anubis on the way out. "I guess the spar will have to wait another time, but if what I think the colonel wants from us is true...then we might have a true test of our skills after all!" Vanguard spoke, hopefully his suspicion would prove true. Regardless. He began heading out, with or without them.

@Yuffie Kisaragi @Ahara @rikunobodyxiii

Audio - Cafeteria

Audio stood from his brief seating and looked at the leaderboard. Strange. I had always thought Rho stronger than Clavara combat wise. Seem's I was wrong. Audio surveyed others briefly, surprised to find the amount of varied responses. He swore he heard something about smores, but decided against responding. If he did, they might respond rudely, thinking he had used his ability to invade their privacy. Wouldn't be the first time, he thought. Leo exited the cafeteria, heading toward the conference room, deep in thought.

[Conference Room - Epsilon]

As everyone entered the room and took their seats around the large round table, Epsilon stayed quiet, glancing about everybody. She had been there first, not saying things as usual. The Colonel had caught her eye, but hadn't said a thing. He was an older man, probably late 50s. The Armors had known them their entire life, and he had never changed. He always looked the same. Close cropped gray hair, square face, solemn expression. He never wore anything other than his military uniform, which was full of badges and other decorations. Epsilon had oft wondered where he had gotten all of these commendations, but he never spoke about his personal life. All business, all the time. When Archangel and Phantom Reaper entered, he answered the question that was posed, but very vaguely.

"Wait until everyone else arrives Phantom Reaper." The Colonel said, his voice rather grim. It wasn't like it was ever not grim, but today in particular he sounded as if someone had just murdered his dog and he was pissed. Slowly everyone else filtered in. Rho came in, outfitted no longer in her armor, but her standard white blouse, brown jacket, black tights and boots. It didn't take too much to see that Rho was completely infuriated, likely having to do with her losing a place, and losing a fight against someone below her on the Leaderboard. When Sigma entered he sat beside her, offering a mournful look. She huffed, and looked back to the Colonel, exchanging no words with her friend.

It was not long before every one of the Armors had made it into the Conference Room. Colonel Heisman waited a few more moments before finally beginning to speak.

"Soldiers, it has been a long time. 30 years since the aliens were driven off. 8 years since you began your training for when they come back. You all know as well as I do that a few months ago, we caught an alien warship on our radar. You have been training your whole lives for this moment. I hope your confident, because you'll need that." He paused, waiting for everything to sink in.

"Now, the warship is not within our defenses yet. But, we have located alien agents that were left here, on New Earth before they left the first time. We will take out two of these operations, so that when they get here they will not be nearly as strong as they could be." He tapped the table with his fingers, and a hologram appeared of a large skyscraper. Any that had grown up in New York would recognize the building as the headquarters of a company known as Solvent that had come about approximately 28 years ago. Everybody knew about it, having learned about it in their history classes. It was headed by a trust fund baby that had made some wise investments early in his career, whose name was Herald Solvent. They were a magnate, owning smaller companies in nearly every field, and Solvent himself was a known humanitarian, and had aided with reconstruction efforts around the world.

"You all know Solvent, and the man in charge, Herald Solvent. Intel has confirmed that Herald is in fact a disguised alien." Colonel Heisman said this with a straight face, another animated hologram of Herald Solvent turning into his true alien form popping up on the table. This tactic had been an important part of the original invasion, aliens disguising themselves as human in order to remove trust and further sabotage human efforts. "His company also has several other aliens in high positions. Solvent's investments in alien technology and weaponry companies, as well as in a few mercenary forces become very suspicious when looked upon in this light." More hologram images popped up of men in suits, followed by their alien forms. "Tonight they are having a meeting. Vanguard, Sigma, Phantom Reaper, Calavera, Rho, Archangel, Audio, Gecko, Snow White, Monster, Pixie, Tenno, and Psi, it will be your mission to eliminate the heads of this company and take as much intel as possible. Archangel, you will be on the roof across the street, providing sniper support and surveillance. Pixie, you will be taking Phantom Reaper to the top of the building, then providing additional surveillance. Gecko will climb the building and enter through an open window on the 24th floor. Psi, you will enter through the front door. Phantom Reaper and Gecko will move to the conference room on the top floor. Psi will disable security cameras and lockdown the conference room once Phantom and Gecko are in, then proceed to hack into server banks that are in the basement. Phantom Reaper, Gecko, and Psi after their job is complete, will move all the way to the garage. It is in the garage where Tenno, Sigma, Rho, and Audio will have been waiting. Two armored vehicles are scheduled to come to the building and drop off something that we don't know. Intel suggests that it has to do with the meeting above, which means it's alien in nature. In any case, you four are to take down the drivers and steal the vehicles. When the infiltrators get there, all seven of you will split between the cars and escape. Now, the aforementioned mercenary forces have been employed on mass to guard this building and the meeting. Vanguard, Calavera, Snow White, and Monster, there is a construction site next door. It will be empty. Destroy it. It should garner all the attention we need to distract the mercenaries. Pixie, join them if things get hairy, and Archangel keep your sniping duties evenly distributed. Now, you will be under very heavy fire for a while, so be prepared. You will hop onto the armored vehicles as they drive by. Get out of the city, and as far away as you can. Reinforcements and a dropship for extract will be ready in a crater 20 miles outside of the city. Archangel, when they leave your view, leave your post, and grab a motorcycle that will be nearby, play catch up." He outlined a large and grand plan for the mission. There were a lot of moving parts and who knew where things could go wrong.

The holograms that had been showing up to explain every aspect of the plan vanished. They were replaced with a globe, which swiftly zoomed in on Antarctica. "We have also found an alien base in Antarctica. We do not know how well armed it is, but it needs to be destroyed. Omega, Destroyer, Reign, Disruptor, Onyx, Vasir, Phantasm, Delta, Epsilon, Anubis, Broker, Kraken, Limbo, Theta, this will be your assignment. Destroyer, Onyx, Vasir, Limbo, you will barge in the front door. Cause noise, attract attention. Fuck up aliens. Vasir, hopefully the environment helps improve your ability's potency. It's cold as shit there. Moving on, Epsilon, Phantasm, Delta, there is a garage on the right side. Enter through there. I will give you all a set of teleport cubes, which you can use to transport the stuff you find in this garage back to base. Just throw one at a thing and it will vanish. Don't get rid of everything though, keep a few, because whatever you find in that garage is your extraction too. Disruptor, Omega, Reign, you will move in the front door, but instead of staying there, you need to move to the heart of the base. You will be granted explosive charges to use. Set them on anything remotely explosive. The center of the base should be an armory, and directly below that down some stairs are generators and heaters. Set all of that alight. Disruptor, EMP anything that isn't explosive, and in particular the server banks. Do not take intel from those server banks." That command seemed odd if one were suspicious, but they were all good little soldiers weren't they? "Anubis, Broker, Kraken, Theta, you will move around to the back before the assault begins. As soon as it starts we expect the leader to run. You are to kill him before he gets too far. Everyone rendezvous back at the garage after the leader is dead and the charges are set."

Colonel Heisman glanced around the room. "Any questions? If not, go get ready and suited up. Report to the hangar in 15 minutes and get on the dropship you need to, they should be labeled."

Anubis smiled when he heard his orders. An assassination target, now that was definitely his speed. "I'm sure there will be guards defending the high valued target, am I correct? If so, what kind of resistance should we be expecting?" He thought about his squad mates for this mission. Broker and Theta...we could have used a sniper, but this will still be easy. He noticed that he was sitting next to Broker and whispered to him, "dibs on finishing off the leader!"

@Yuffie Kisaragi @SuperiorKunivas @SecretRock

Reign- Conference room

" It going to be cold as a frozen over hell in Antarctica are there warmers in are suits because I'm gonna be freezing." Reign knew he shouldn't have said this but he was stuck with Omega and aliens so, the one thing he didn't want to worry about was temperature his suit isn't fitted for that.

"I understand we all have assignments and it sounds like I'm complaining but really ask yourself do you want to be cold while fighting aliens tell me that." He waited a little bit on the Colonels answer but, he got up and started heading towards the hangar because if he was going to be cold he might as well get it over with. He knows they'll probably have heaters in the suits but that doesn't matter it's going to be cold.

Derik quite simply didn't care about what he had to do on this mission. It wouldn't inherently boost his score for sure, he wanted to do nothing but be the very best on the leader board. Reguardless, he was going to be put out there weather he wanted to or not.

With the sounds of machinery whirling away and mechanical parts moving with every twitch of his muscles, Derik stood up and moved out of the confrence room without a word. He hadn't gotten his daily warm up yet, nor any coffee. He went immediately to his morning ritual: Two pots of hot coffee, and then a quick lap around the base. The Armor's made multitasking very easy, as well as served as fantastic combat suits, as he used the holsters for his weapons to hold the coffee pots whilst he jogged, drinking out of them every so often.

Vasir - Conference Room

Not much conversation was to be had due to the announcement and call to meeting, so Vasir departed with her allies in short order to the conference room, exiting her armor just outside said room and taking her seat before the Colonel gave the briefing which entailed a "Grand Plan" of sorts along with assigned roles for small groups of them, with the main conglomerate being split practically in half for two big assignments as part of said "Grand Plan". Vasir listened intently, nodding as her potential advantage in the Antarctic Environment was brought up, but something had caused her to frown visibly: The Antarctic Base's Server Banks. The Colonel explicitly stated NOT to download any of the intel present, instead for Distruptor to EMP the Banks, which would fry them to hell and destroy the intel.

She couldn't keep her mouth shut when the Colonel inquired if they had questions, whereupon she leaned forward and put her hands together on the table. "Sir, regarding the Antarctic Intel...we're keeping Solvent's intel, so why not this one? We need every advantage against the aliens we can get, right?" She gestured with her right hand a little as she questioned him calmly, her voice soft and chill, though she was ready to raise it if need be.

Broker - Conference Room

His thoughts wrapped up and his Burger finished, Broker headed to the meeting with everyone else, sitting down with an audible thump as he listened to the Colonel's drivel. His planning and assigning and ya-da-ya-da-ya-da, all of the bullshit poured into his ears, but he wasn't going to say anything. He didn't wish to risk an altercation during a meeting that was discussing their plans to finally fight some of those bastard Aliens...even if some of his orders were suspect.

He rolled his eyes at Reign's needless outburst about how cold it would be. 'Pfft. Childish prat...' He thought, but then he had Anubis taking "dibs" on finishing the Leader. 'Even worse.' His thoughts continued, then he uttered a dismissive comment: "Just do your job and keep clammed you Egyptian Knock-Off..." He wasn't in the best of moods today, though it's very subjective on what mood of his could be considered "best".

@Yuffie Kisaragi @Zy That Guy @Ahara

Pixie took a seat with the big influx of people, with Tenno being the last armor to come in. They both listened to the Colonel's briefing.

Pixie was rather shocked that they were being ordered to hit a civilian target. She had always thought they would be fighting the aliens on a battlefield. Not this sneaking around.

Tenno, on the other hand, had figured on having to deal with some infiltrators. Still, there were elements that worried him.

"Colonel." Tenno said to get his superior's attention. "How much do we need to worry about human casualties? In chance we're dealing with collaborators?"

INFORMATION AGENTS:

PHANTOM REAPER #04

ARCHANGEL #10

LOCATION/S:

HEADING TOWARDS THE HANGER BAY

HEADING TOWARDS THE HANGER BAY

INTERACTION/S:

Colonel Heisman(

https://www.rpnation.com/profile/26198-yuffie-kisaragi/@Yuffie Kisaragi

https://www.rpnation.com/profile/26198-yuffie-kisaragi/)

As the Colonel gave their objectives he stood up and saluted to him, speaking. "Understood Colonel, we'll handle this mission as efficiently as we can." Nathan said to him as he started walking to the Hnager Bay already wearing his armor as Sarah soon followed. "Well looks like I'm on over-watch huh?" She said with her Rival as Nathan chuckled. "Heh, make sure you don't kill me on "accident"." He said sarcastically saying she'd kill a teammate for the leaderboard. Sarah spoke thinking about those Mercinaries she spoke. "I can't believe we'll have to kill Humans. Well I mean they are collaborating with the Enemy but..." She stopped talking, thinking deeply about the mission as Nathan spoke not giving Sarah a single look. "They're scum, what do you expect? If they collaborate with the Enemies then they are the Enemies as well, it's that simple Archangel." Nathan said without a second thought thinking about Human Casualties as they continued their way to the Hanger Bay.

Calavera - Conference Room

Cala entered the room just in time to see Rho snubbing Sigma. They felt a little guilty, but they also knew that it wouldn't be any better if they didn't give it their all during the fight. Even if she wouldn't be upset over that, she wouldn't get any better fighting someone who wasn't trying their best too. They turned their attention from Rho to the Colonel, they could think about her later. As they listened to the Colonel, trying to count the number of ways this plan could go wrong, they rubbed their chest, trying to get some kind of positive feeling back into it. They settled for a dull ache instead of the sharp pain that had been there for a while.

Once the mission detail was finished they turned to get ready, put their armour back on. If the one they used during the fight hadn't been repaired, well they had a spare suit. It was in one of the spare rooms, they'd have to fetch it. Calavera turned to leave looking slightly disappointed.

Theta - Conference room, hangar

Theta was glancing at Rho all throughout the briefing, and she could see what Psi had meant by bitterness. The girl looked like she'd rip the next one who faced her limb from limb. That was maybe a little bit of exaggeration. Either way, Theta would not like to fight her soon, and she was glad when she found that she wasn't going on the same mission as her. She was going with Omega though, so she knew that she would have to try hard to please the Number One. Not that she wouldn't work hard anyway.

Theta found herself following Phantom and Archangel to the hangar. She couldn't help but listen into their conversation as she walked behind them.

"They could be unknowing accomplices." She suggested, speeding up slightly so that she was beside them. "After all, Colonel said that Solvent is in disguise. You really think he'd show every lackey and mercenary under his command who he really is?" She said.

@VirtualNotoriety

[Conference Room - Epsilon]

Epsilon thought quietly upon what was going on. Her assignment had been nothing special. Which was odd. She had always been under the assumption that her specialized skill would be the one thing that kept her valuable. But it seemed she wouldn't have to use it. Was this the wisest course of action? Of course, there a couple other things she had problems with. Why would Solvent act as a humanitarian if he was an alien? To keep suspicion off him? But there were dozens of companies just like his that weren't in the spotlight because they had not helped with reconstruction the way he had. As well as the data banks thing... Before she could meditate more on the subject, the Colonel began to answer questions. "Vasir, when we have previously used our technology to access alien server banks viruses and worms worked their way into our system. We cannot risk that happening. This is not a threat at Solvent because they have human server banks, not constructed from alien technology." He answered curtly. Epsilon nodded, her suspicions having been allayed by this information. "Reign, wear a damn parka and man up. Now get out and get ready. Anubis, we don't have enough intel to know for certain. Be prepared for the worst. Tenno," The Colonel's eyes lingered on Tenno, and Epsilon could see the quiet rage within the Colonel's eyes. Tenno was a good soldier, but his refusal to comply often left the Colonel upset. "Act nonlethally if you can. But we do not have the time nor the resources to persuade or pay off the mercenaries. It's you or them. Do what you will. If it makes you feel better, our files say that most of the mercenaries assisted in genocides in the Middle East about 15 years back when a religious prophet claimed that the alien invaders were the coming of God, and put down any and all non-believers. Not surprisingly, there were a lot of non-believers. New Earth was able to put an end to it, but not for a while, and not until the prophet's pockets ran dry and his mercenaries ran away." The Colonel tried to comfort any who had doubts about offing these civilian mercenaries, but his tone made it clear. Complete the mission, no matter who gets in your way." Epsilon continued to listen quietly, standing and slinking away to get ready once everyone was done talking.

[Locker Rooms - Rho & Sigma]

"Come on Rho, you know it was just a bad match up."

"I'm better than him. But he still won!" Rho raged, slamming her fist into a locker door. Sigma fitted his Armor on, glancing Rho's way.

"Careful now, broken knuckles will do you no good on the approaching mission." He cautioned. She sighed aggressively, then moved into a stall for modesty as she stripped so she could put her Armor on.

"This is bullshit Sig, and you know it. I try harder than everybody, and still I fail. I'm in ninth now! It's absolutely ridiculous." Sigma remained quiet, putting on more Armor pieces over top the nanite weave he wore. "I'm going to crush him next time. I'm also going to crush so many alien skulls this mission that they won't have a choice but to bump me up." She stormed out of the stall again, clothed in her skin tight Armor.

"Uh huh," Sigma agreed with a casual nod. She smiled towards him, glad that he was there. Then she scowled again.

"You're going down too, just in case you thought you were exempt for any reason." Sigma laughed at her words, looking at her.

"Wouldn't dream that you'd play nice with me. I like it better when you beat me up." He said casually, putting his helmet on with one last smile.

Anubis Locker room

Anubis entered the locker room noticing that Rho and Sigma beat him there. He started attaching his armor pieces and overheard their conversation. When Rho complained about being bumped to 9th he had to speak up, "9th is pretty bad but how do you think I feel? I work my ASS off and I'm down at 20. I mean come on! I could waste half the people above me in an instant and yet I'm at the bottom." He vented while putting on his helmet. His voice comm came on changing his voice slightly, "This mission better boost me up, I'm going to work my hardest to make sure that happens." He finished armoring up and checked his systems. [Osiris Turrets online] his helmet system said as the two large lasers rose from his shoulders and then sank back into place.

"Anyways, I'll see you guys when this is all over." he said as he exited the room.

@Yuffie Kisaragi

Reign- Locker room

He overheard there whole conversation while he was just trying to put on his armor getting ready for the battle and to be honest he didn't feel sorry for Rho, she just can't use her speed to the best of her ability. He put on his visor and it never got old being able to see all the wonderful colors of the world his suit may seem black to others but it was really a mixture of purple, white, red, black and blue and apparently it looks like black to people who couldn't see the colors.

Colonel your a funny man trying to have me freeze to death on a mission and telling me to man up being cold and numb is not fun. He finally decided to say something to Anubis. "The reason your at the bottom is your overconfidence, your way to sure of yourself I don't think you've once said I don't think I can win. That may be good but it's the lack of respect for your opponents that makes you an easy target. Back when we were waiting you were probably thinking I'm to wild and your martial arts could counter it but that's you thinking your skills are amazing. I'm not saying you couldn't beat most people it just you act like they have no chance." He might have gone a little to hard on Anubis but he acts like no one else works their ASS off and it's his downfall. He might not be the one to talk but at least he considers the possibility of losing even though he might consider it for only a few seconds.

He was geared up and ready to head out but he prepared for Anubis's analysis on him before he left.

@Ahara @Yuffie Kisaragi

The entirety of the briefing Kraken was seemingly overlooked by his fellow armor wielders. This may have been simply be cause they hadn't taken the time to look, or the fact that he was on the ceiling, one foot hooked on a beam above, keeping him at a low profile as he listened.

So little information for so little of a job. Do they know why the base has been set in Antarctica? Could it be for the simple attempt at being hidden? If so, why not have it somewhere like africa. Easily hidden among the plains and jungles.

Was something about the cold attractive to them? Or was something about the heat not so much...

There was a soft chuckle in the back of his mind as his mission was given. They were to take out the leader when he tried to escape. Good...this should be fun...

Tapping his masked chin with a thick finger,he thought about the missions that had been issued.

Why is he a simple assasin? Cover fire or infiltration may have been better...

But that's not what he was assigned. Oh well.

As the group's began to head out, He released a silent sigh, slowly strwatching and coming to the ground. Remaining on all fours, he hurried down.the halls to the hanger, looking like some kind of freaky cousin to gollum from Lord of the rings, just twice that size...

- Disruptor - Conference room.

Disruptor stood silent as the colonel gave orders, briefed them on what they needed to do, as Ravager and Savior stood perched, each on one of his shoulders, like two eagles sitting on top of their owner or something. He wondered about why they shouldn't enter the databanks in the antarctica job. Which not only left him a bit suspicious but cautious as well.

Then the colonel began speaking about the alien virus protecting the databanks...well that made more sense. He sighed as Ravager beeped, sounding annoyied by all the talking. While Savior was quiet...listening intently.

Disruptor soon walked up to gecko after all the talking was done, "You ready for your first real assignment Gecko?" He asked her with a friendly tone. "I hope this little guy can handle the pressure" He pointed his thumb at Ravager, who simply glanced back at him and at Gecko in annoyiance. "He is pretty nervous."

"Walk with me to the Hangar?" He asked her.

@SimpleReading

- Destroyer - Locker room-

"You'l get him next time, just don't get reckless against others, even if they are low on the leaderboard." Destroyer spoke as he passed by SIgma and Rho, the latter of which was complaining about her lost match. Still dressed in his Gym clothes, because his suit was literally in its own room, right beside the locket room. Where usually every suit would be, Destroyer's suit would find itself in a secured room, in which only him, and certain key scientists could ever enter, retinal scanners and everything.

He turned to Anubis as he began saying he could take down almost everyone above him. "Everyone can take out everyone here, look at Phantasm, the guy can materialize and destroy matter in an instant, though you would have to work your ass off to take me down." Destroyer spoke with a joking tone and a chuckle.

"I'l be right back." Destroyer began walking to his secured armor room, which could be distinguished as a large metal door near the lockers, with a retinal scanner beside it. quickly unlocking it with his scan, Destroyer entered the room...to put on his monster suit.

Strapping on each part of the suit...it was heavy as hell, but damn if it didn't make him feel powerful, as he put on the torso of the suit, several needles in the spine area began being inserted into his skin, to better maintain his body's signs and vitals, as well as reactions and muscles, it was always painful, but he'd ground used to this.

Taking a few minutes getting everything ready, and booting up the suit as the heads up display turned on, with several infos about ammo, his vital signs, fusion charge, and jetpack charge as well. With a small minimap on the right corner of the visor. He walked out of the secured room, with his heavy rifle over his shoulder, folded to fit on his back.

"Lets do this..." Destroyer let out as the fusion powered outlines on his suit began glowing as he looked at his fellow members on the locker room.

"i'l see you guys there." He said, his voice echoing out of his suit's helmet. as he began to walk out and head to the hangar bay.

He did walk by Reign before that though. "Hey, Omega'l be eager to see what you can do out there, so don't take going with her badly. She is reckless, cover her ass, get her out of a pickle and you might just earn her respect and up your rank a bit. Good luck pal." Destroyer spoke respectfully to reign, knowing the man wasn't fond of Omega

@Yuffie Kisaragi @Ahara @Zy That Guy

- Vanguard - Conference room.

Vanguard stood silent but a grin as the colonel began briefing them on their mission. He was getting a heavy combat assignment as a distraction? this pleased him greatly, and that was why he was grinning.

After everyone began to leave he noticed two who had stayed in the room, one of which asked the colonel questions...none other than Vasir herself, also Broker.

Vanguard walker over to them. "Grettings my fellow armor wielders!" He greeted them, "Excited for your first assignment? Vasir? Broker?" Vanguard asked them charismaticly, he might just be a machine of death wit ha sword and a knight at heart, but he had very high charisma along the team and anybody else really, guess it really was just his Knightly charm.

"Unfortunate that I cannot accompany you two into antarctica, but I wish you both good luck!" Vanguard told them, awaiting their replies.

@SuperiorKunivas

- Phantasm - Conference room.

Phantasm had materialized at side of the conference room, just in time for the briefing. "So, we go in, steal shit and leave? awesome!" Phantasm spoke with an excited tone and a laugh. Not caring if anyone else found him weird or not...well they'd have a hard time, they had Kraken in the room with them. Someone Phantasm didn't know very well. But he was curious.

However even more curious...was Epsilon, the girl simply sneaked away without talking to anyone, Phantasm noticed that, and vanished.

Epsilon would find Phantasm materializing near her as he followed beside her, he didn't care much where she was going, probably to get ready. But he wanted to talk to somebody! "Hey Eps! how you doing? sneaking away after the conference without anybody seeing you huh?" Phantasm joked with her.

"Hey looks like we'l be infiltrating the garage together!" He also added. Sounding excited for a second, before stopping.

@Yuffie Kisaragi

Users who are viewing this thread

Back