• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy WitchCraft: Malady | Supernatural | Modern | Mystery | 2 SPOTS OPEN

elytra

a beetle may or may not be inferior to a man
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
1564327600422.png

Introduction

Welcome to Providence! To most, this particular small town on the coast of Maine is a wonderful place to spend a vacation. Between the mom-and-pop shops, the docks, and the constant festivals and events, it has become a hub for tourist activity, with the steady population of 960 annually driven up much higher during the summer months. To others who happen to be more supernaturally inclined, though, Providence is the site of a centuries old scramble for power. The settlement sits on a hot-spot for accessing the realm of dreams, something that is difficult to do anywhere else. Not only that, but old tales say that there is even a tear, a doorway to the realm, somewhere in the area, which would allow a being to travel there while awake and with their physical form.

It is due to this that the townspeople of Providence consist of either people who know of the supernatural or people who are supernatural. Some are associated with organizations, others are working on their own, but their goals all relate to finding the tear, either to close it, protect it, or use it. This hunt has not yet affected the normal visitors and townsfolk, but weird things have started happening around town. There's talk of hauntings and things that stalk people in the night, and as time goes on, it only seems to be getting worse. Things are getting dangerous, and dreams are getting weird, raising questions about whats causing it and how to stop it.

Enjoy your stay, and be sure to lock your doors at night. Who knows what will be roaming the streets?

Premise

Hello everyone! This is WitchCraft: Malady, an original group roleplay based off of WitchCraft, a supernatural modern tabletop roleplaying game. The premise is pretty simple: a small town called Providence is well known to normal folk for being a nice vacation spot, but to anyone with knowledge of the supernatural, it's known that its home to a doorway to the realm of dreams, which is where people go when they fall asleep. Because of this, people have been fighting for control over that, and also to find it, but it's never really affected the town in any big way. Recently, however, supernatural activity has spiked, and no one can figure out why. It only gets worse as time goes on, and it's obvious that if it isn't fixed, things are going to go downhill fast.

What to Expect
WitchCraft: Malady will be, if enough interest is gained, a Modern Supernatural Mystery roleplay, set in the sort of small town where everyone knows everyone, but many have secrets. It'll have both sandbox elements as well as events; basically, characters can go and find things out outside of events, and their actions will effect the story, but there will also be planned events where things are afoot and all characters are involved. Mystery! Action! NPCs! Me, probably crying as I set up clues and puzzles! That's right, puzzles, because we all love a good puzzle. Other things include maps of the town, town legends, lore upon lore upon lore, and creative freedom regarding the works of the supernatural world, so long as you don't overpower yourself. Will there be dice rolling? Well, no, but hey! Plenty of other things.

TLDR

Supernatural folk and non-supernatural folk need to get over their differences regarding the constant struggle for power and solve a mystery before the whole town is overtaken by weird events that could tear it apart, featuring puzzles, lore, and small town gossip. Requirements would be at least 2 paragraphs per post, because we enjoy slight detail in this house.

Possible Character Types

Characters can be visiting on vacation, townspeople, or maybe even someone new in town! Maybe they know about the supernatural, maybe they don't. It's up to the player. As for supernatural beings that can be played, if players choose to not be human, will be listed in the signups if this garners enough interest, but more can be suggested if you don't find something you like.

Sign-up Thread

Signup can be done here Fantasy - WitchCraft: Malady | Sign-Ups | Open

Last edited:
giphy.gif

(pls sign me up for this fun time mystery in a small town rp, i love this a lot? i need to decide on hmmmmm what kind of character to use hmm.)

giphy.gif

(pls sign me up for this fun time mystery in a small town rp, i love this a lot? i need to decide on hmmmmm what kind of character to use hmm.)
😔 🤘 Hell yea man
I'm also losing my mind over the gif you used....godbless

i'm down from some cute beach grils and sp00kies
Aren't we all? Glad you're interested! I'll add you to the list; hopefully, if we get enough people, the lore thread and character creation thread will be out today.

I’m up for this is there’s room
Yep! I'll add you to the list. I'm working on drafting lore & the signup now, so when one or two people more people show interest, I'll put those up and link them here.

hi friend! i am v interested in potentially being a local witch girl (:

hi friend! i am v interested in potentially being a local witch girl (:
Awesome! I'll be getting the sign ups up soon! With luck. I'm trying to condense everything so it's easy for everyone to look at.

Auuuugh. I was working on posting a thread for my interest check, chose to randomly use yours as a basic template, and now I just want to join your RP.

So I'm going to have to join now, you've forced my hand.

Stupid- writing your posts well- dumb tree.

Auuuugh. I was working on posting a thread for my interest check, chose to randomly use yours as a basic template, and now I just want to join your RP.

So I'm going to have to join now, you've forced my hand.

Stupid- writing your posts well- dumb tree.
Alas, I can not help but write my posts well. I'm very sorry for this, truly.

I'm finishing up the lore, and then I'll be linking that and signups here and tagging everyone who was interested. I'm honestly shocked it didn't take longer to find people who were interested, haha

Alas, I can not help but write my posts well. I'm very sorry for this, truly.

I'm finishing up the lore, and then I'll be linking that and signups here and tagging everyone who was interested. I'm honestly shocked it didn't take longer to find people who were interested, haha
YOU'RE THE WORST!

Yo this sounds dope but would it be cool if I could be like an investigative organization agent? I think I'd be interesting to try and be non-magical in this setting. I'm fine if not tho!

Yo this sounds dope but would it be cool if I could be like an investigative organization leader? I think I'd be interesting to try and be non-magical in this setting. I'm fine if not tho!
Yep, that would work out! There's a lot of room for people to try different things with their characters, and having a non-magical investigator character is definitely within the realm of possibilities

Users who are viewing this thread

Back